(2007/05) May 2007 MTB

heya tofu,
how old is yr 2nd one now? in what ways is #2 more of a monster than yr 1st one?
happy.gif

Cheezel
Ouh, i can imagine yr worry. Brought him to PD yet?
How long more will you be on MC?

hey tofu
long time no tok to u here already..ur #2 is a boy or gal?

SD
my hb oso like dat..ask him go holiday..he will say "how to go"..then after some nagging..finally he agreed to go to HK disneyland..

Eh i oso ask my boy to do alot of things..like throw this away..clean that up..sometimes he oso play with my magic clean..n help clean up the floor..

smalldreams
Hi, #2 is very impatient, fidgety and low tolerance threshold. Cannot wash backside / bathe without yelling. Milk must come immediately, cannot wait!! Wake up only is yell yell yell. haha
#1 already 23 mths, gg to playgroup. Now i very stress to toilet train him. All of you started??

hi zhuzhu
#2 is a boy also...
sad.gif
had hoped for a gal but well, 2 boys maybe more economical. *ufufufu*
zhuzhu, saw ur bb items for sale on the want to sell corner. you not hvg #2? Or do you already have 2?

hi mummies!
no time to log in past few days coz my girl's cough worsened and she developed fever. now no more fever but still hv phlegmy cough. she was really cranky this time and kept crying over every little thing. n i was trying not to let her cry so hard coz she always ends up vomiting! my bed 'kena' 3 times!once she coughed n she woke up because of the phelgm. then she got so angry she cried really hard till her eyes were all swollen n small and then he vomited. haiz...glad her fever's gone now.

congrats, tofu! post pics of both your boys!
hvnt succeded in toilet training my girl. she juz doesnt want to urine in her potty. and she tells me only after she has urinated in her diaper. and she doesnt seem to mind a heavy diaper too.

re: holidays
talking abt holidays, i hvnt even brought my girl to genting before! gosh! i better plan to bring her somewhere. my hubby is not very keen to go on holiday though
sad.gif

re:bento
after looking at taro's bentos. i found googled and found this blog
www.motheringcorner.com
her bentos are so cute! make me want to start bento-ing! but my girl is not very good at chewing yet *sigh* still hv to chop up her veges and she still cant chew meat well. are your tots good at chewing and can eat almost everything?

wb
nvm la, slowly plan. actually at tis age, wherever they go, they may not be able to register and rmbr next time oso :p dats why me oni go short short trip ..leave the longer ones till jboy is older
happy.gif

cd,
not entirely true leh. During all our trips, esp the one to europe last year hor, josh learned a lot of things. though he cannot remember what happened during the trip or the places we went to, but he remembered the things he learned during the trip. Like he learned about trees, grass, bugs, flowers, cold wind, train, rain...etc.... he remembered them even aft we came back.

i would still encourage mummies to bring kids to holidays as much as you can do it. The exposure is fantastic.

tofu
nah not trying for #2..hb not keen on an extra headcount in the family...dats y clearing those items..

I oso havent start toilet train my boy..hoping to let his cc teach him dat..
happy.gif

WB
I also keen on doing bento..in fact u can get alot of bento accessories at Daiso...dun need to spend too much..but of cos something like thoe veggie cutters i still cannot find in Daiso

hi wb
hvn uploaded pics yet, i'm such a procrastinator...

my boy also cant get rid of phlegm and falls sick every mth. thk is cos of cc. wat your pd prescribe for phlegm? salbutamol?

zhuzhu
yah tot of not adding headcount too, but concerned that my elder one will be lonely, so... haiz, decided to brave water and fire to hv another one! can't say i'm totally enjoying motherhood part 2 again, with all the sleepless nights and pumping like a cow!!!

toilet traing
whenever i ask kae if he wanna wee wee, he'll shout NO! and run to the toilet bowl to play with the cover. *faint*

Agreed with both Cool_daughter and Nellu. That is why still bring girl out but nearby...and try to teach her new things when out.

Wonder_baby,
I also will be bringing my girl to Genting for the first time this Apr...so dont worry. Her first time out of the country..hee hee
Actually it is also my first time to Genting..hee hee
Maybe when Chloe is better, you can see whether you want to go on a short trip. I am taking budget airline...shorter travelling time, hoping that it will be better for the kid..."cross my fingers"

nellu
yes yes. I am not discounting dat of coz. Jboy also learned alot of things when we went Genting. In fact, we saw a rainbow on our way there, so that's something new. And when he saw the cloud fm our hotel rm, he thot it's the ocean .. hehe. So, i hv to explain we are high up, above the cloud
happy.gif
I juz felt dat for the more exotic stuffs like theme parks, safari etc, will wait till he's older!

Janet
How many nites U staying in genting?

Sanrio
Yup...planning to go QVM and St Kilda...which school did you went in Melbourne? RMIT?

Tofu
Thanks...my hubby had the same thoughts as you about going holidays and I had a really hard time convincing him..and he's still nagging even b4 the trip!

Which CC is Kae attending? Is it the one at your office building?

Wonder Baby
My boy lor! He's still very much on porridge...rice eats very slow..and if he can feel the meat, he'll spit it out. Haizzz...

zhuzhu, tofu
i just read an article says about toilet training.
required certain hormone to tell them to hold their urine.
all i know is dun worry and dun rush to toilet train our kids, one day they will be a able to do it when they are ready... esp boy are slower in developing this hormone!

sgn
ya man..the teacher oso told me..dun force the kid to do toilet train...one day..they will let you know...n i am still waiting for dat day to come..
happy.gif

Now when i put on training pants for Markus..he will comes to me n say pee peee..then he wans to change the pants..

SD,
cher loves to eat rice n all types of vege but she dislikes meat. she only like my hm baked chicken wing n mus b d mid wing. tis girl ah... other meat she wld spit out. she has not eaten porridge for a long tx.

hi tofu,
congrats, u hv a no. 2 already..

sgn,
wow, thanks for the info, din know need hormones to tell you to hold urine!!!

just now so funny, my mum din put on diaper for Kae, then he got off the couch gingerly and kept touching his bird and backside and giggling and hobbling carefully like feel so awkward wearing shorts w/o diaper. hahaha

Hi Sanrio,
How are you? Thanks for well wishes, you good lah, #2 already 2 yo!

SD,
No, Kae isn't attending that CC. He's attending one along Jalan Bukit Merah. But i very sian cos he gets sick every mth! Thinking of chgg CC but dunno where is good. I tot of gg to the Odyssey Creative Learning Centre near the P.O. along alexandra rd but hor, the fees there are ridiculous lor. $1,200 for half day before subsidy and our subsidy oni miserable $150!

sanrio,
how about the fish in the fish soup? my girl likes it. because very soft...almost like dont need to chew...
i remember u said u make fish soup too.

wow, looks like a lot of us studied in Aus. me too..hee hee

tofu
my girl is on the ventolin inhaler because she had bronchiolitis twice. it helps break up the phlegm

zhu zhu
does the outer part of the training pants stay dry? i bought frm BP.think it should only be 3 layers. hv not used coz i'm scared it will leak when my girl is on the sofa or bed

nellu,
mine oni half day. I think the $300 subsidy is for full day CC

WB
I ever put Kae on the ventolin nebuliser too but the phlegm really v stubborn.

training pants
Actually how does the training pants work? is it like pull up diaper pants, the toddler can pee into it but is washable?

Hi zhuzhu,

there are veg cutters in daiso in shapes of sakura shape etc, 3 shapes in 1 pack...I just saw them in daiso ps
u need me to buy for u? I work nearby city hall
There are star and flower shape egg molds too
daiso ps just came out with a new range of cookie cutters too
happy.gif

knottsy,

You have disappeared for so so long. Finally u are back again. So happy to see old friends talking in the forum again
happy.gif

hi Pisces Gal,

I only check forum on & off hee :p

How's ur boy? My girl super active...climb here and run from one end to the other end....

Hi tofu,
somtx i wish my kids dun grow up too fast. actually bb tx is d sweetest n 'easiest'. my no. 1 at 5 yrs old somtx can really drive me crazy!

wonderbb,
i dont tink d outer layer wld stay dry. i ever tried training pants for my boy n i remb it din work. 1 big pool of urine only, d whole thg is wet n can even leak. so wen i started training my boy, i put him on brief.

knottsy,
hi hi
happy.gif

gacc
my friend also suggested brief for my boy as the pants will make them feel painful below. taka having baby sales i faster stock up hee hee.

tofu
do we continue gving them the ventolin inhaler if their cough stopped but still hv phlegm?

gacc
oh..then the training pants doesnt help. my girl is still not ready to toilet train for urinating. only pooing. guess hv to wait till she's ready.

knottsy
Daiso PS just had new stocks..oh great..then tomolo i can visit them during lunch...me oso working in orchard..at the other end lar..

wonder
3 layer cannot hold too much urine lor..6 layer better..but its hotter lor..

i havent tried briefs on my boy..maybe should try

Sanrio
Good that Cher is on rice...much easier to bring her out like that...jonas does eat rice bu slooowww...so we intend to cook porridge in Aust...it's actually very inconvenient actually.

Tofu
CC at Jalan Bt Merah? I stay near there...is it at Subana One? You staying at where?

Nellu
Forgot answer you earlier..my hubby likes to go holiday BUT his piggy bank doesn't support! :p

smalldreams,
me studied in Sydney.

For fish soup, I just tried one from recipe book. the fish turned out quite soft. My girl hates to chew, so everything must be soft soft kind. if fish too hard or rubbery, she will not eat.

Cook water with 1 potato = soup
Use minimal oil to quick fry the fish (either slices or tail also can) and ginger slices.
then put them together with tomato in the soup.

hope this simple recipe helps. If adam likes it, you can try to substitute tomato and potato with other veg that he likes

SD,
Yah the Surbana One. Kae loves rice and noodles. Now he hardly eats porridge leh. Also, he loves fruits, thank goodness, else got poo problem...

sanrio
yah i know what you mean about kids growing up too fast, but i have no patience with kids one, esp yelling and screaming ones, that's why i think i'm not destined to be SAHM, i'll go insane! hahaha, maybe work part-time i can still tahan...

WB,
I stop the ventolin after 5 days or a week, according to what the PD says leh. I dun dare anyhow give, cos ventolin is not safe if given in large doses. And Kae hates the nebuliser. Switch on oni he starts crying. So to us as parents it's a nightmare using it on him. We sometx have to wait till he sleeps then gui gui sui sui nebulise him. It's like a secret military opn: put nebuliser outside the room, run the tube into the room, switch on nebuliser, close door quickly to drown out the sound then nebulise him. We also throw small towel over the mask and his face to keep the vapours in so that he can inhale more. machiam mission impossible operation.

sanrio
Wat is lv? The cc kae goes to is at twr 4 of the old hdb hub at jln bkt merah. Dunno if u tokkg same one. Plc is ok, kinda small, air-con, which i thk is not gd for kids cos spread virus v fast. Teeachers are nice tho and my son enjoys it. At least i thk he does cos he doesn't cry when gg to playgrp. He does some colouring worksheets, sing song, listen stories, play w toys there. One bad thg i dun like is their playgrd got mosquitoes tho they claim to fog twice weekly. Once kae came hm w 7 bites! Gotta put mosquito patch lah.

Smalldreams,
I started working this week liao. brought Javen to KK A&E wed early morn as he keep asking me to carry him the whole night due to difficulty in breathing and also running fever. Doc put him on nubeliser, Xray…his lung has a little bit of white spots meaning he slightly infected by me lo. So sad. Pneumonia n acute bronchitis. Haiz. Now on 10 days antibiotic. He is feeling better now and playing as per normal…even when he sick he still play as per normal. Just that no appetite. Lost 2 kg. now only weigh 11.7kg. so frightening when kid is sick.

Knottsy! Welcome!
Long time no see le…….eh…I also wanna buy those cutter….any bread cutter with shapes like cars etc??

Mommeis
Anyone know where can order Thomas n fren birthday cake? Want order one for Javen’s coming 2 yrs old birthday n he’s crazy with Thomas n frens!!

mummies mummies
anybody been to ho chi minh? haha, does not sounds like a good plc to travel hor .. but we r going :p Need recommendation for hotel and places to go.

cool_daughter,
how to solve the water issue for your boy? the water cant drink from the tap right?

Cheezel,
hope javen gets well soon. Have to make sure dont pass to jaren.

Cool_D
I tot you wanna save 'exotic' places till when Jordan is older? Wow...suddenly decide go Vietnam.. When?

Janet
Departing for Aust mid of next week...will be back office on the 2nd week of April.
happy.gif

Tofu
In that case, our boys will be "Classmates"! I'm trying out my boy in May at the same school...so coincident!

Agree that the outdoor playground looks old and actually it's kinda lacking facilities.

cool daughter
u can get the hyflux water pitcher leh..supposed to help filter..

i got it from the self-fix diy store for $19 a couple of mth back..duno is it still dat price o not

Back