(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

Augleo
You're forever so sweet, still remember Gladys' birthday.

Anyway, just wanna check hor. So can change milk powder or not? Now Gladys is on Mamilgold step 3. Step 4 says 3 to 10 years old.

Tks Augleo!

I'm working full time.... at West, Choa Chu Kang area...
happy.gif

wished i can be a SAHM too....
sad.gif

D
Hmm...looks like emailing is more effective than communicating over the phone...perhaps people nowadays just like to hide behind the computer and type rather than "phone confrontation". :p

About the birthday gift, was thinking whether to get a Art Easel since the toddler seems to be into drawing and cutting at this stage...this might work for Jesse too?

Kaexin
Your girl is always so "daring" and easy to adapt...I seriously doubt that Jonas will be able to sit on the chair and let the dentist look into his mouth...prob will cry his lungs out and scream all the way. :p

Mindy
Re - 3 fold mattress, you can go to "Seahorse" shops to check them out..they carry a version which is like that and price is reasonable.

Dion
Welcome to join us chatting here..so your dotter is with a childcare since you working FT? #no 2 is boy or gal?
happy.gif

Re: Cutting with scissors
My boy keep insisting to hold the scissor with two hands to cut (like cutting grass)...how to "train" him to hold scissors with one hand only har?

Tks SpringDance,

my gal (Joy) is now taken care by my MIL who lives with us.... really save us a lot of hassle.... but i'm intending to put her in a childcare soon... now looking around for a trusted one ard my area....

#2 gender is unknown yet leh.... the last visit gynea tried to see... but it's legs cover... :p

min,
i got seahorse tilam (3 fold - $99)for K to put at my il's. sadly hardly use it now since she is at the CC full day.

same lah, nowdays K is a terror too. she is in the same class with ee's tiff. she, tiff and another gal called Destinee. the 3 of them are good frends.

SD,
we went with the twins from March, actually she was slightly afraid too, not that garang lah. i had to sit with her, then the head nurse, pacify her with stickers. the cleaning took 15mins. all done. surprised with her too.

K just loved to cut, each evening i go over to my inlaws, the floors are covered with cut papers. her handiwork
sad.gif
luckily my inlaws din complained. they really spoiled her.
sad.gif

hi all....

i see that there's a conversation on dentist vist gg on...

My gal hor.... refuse to let me brush her teeth up till now.... and sometimes it's really yellow.... and i have to use towel to "scrape" them.... :S

Thinking of bringing her to a dentist for cleaning..... Any dentist that really specialized in kids to recommend ah?

dion,
i brot my gal to this one:
School Dental Service
Level 4, Health Promotion Board
3 Second Hospital Avenue
(its located at SGH grounds, though nearer to the MRT station)
Call 64353782 for an appointment

dion
you can try the sch dental service.. its cheap and won't feel heart pain if your gal refuse to co operate

Mattress
think i will get the seahorse one. and sleeping on the floor with mattress is much colder? coz D keep coughing in mid of night round 5-6am everynight. and the fan/aircon was not even blown directly at him. when he slept on our bed he would perspire like mad while we felt so cold .

SD
i hv not even started or get him to hold scissor
n i think i need to guide him how to grasp a pencil correctly.

he still stubbornly grasp a pen like this
3767374.jpg

Dion
Besides childcare, there's also playgroup or PCF classes to consider but for these two, the hours will be shorter.

Kaexin
K can be pacified with stickers very good liao lor..many kids will get too hysterical (which I think my boy is one) and cannot be pacified. Hahah...

By the way, you planning a function room party again for K's 3rd birthday?

Min
My boy also holds the crayon & colour pencils somewhat like Dillion..thik that's the "usual" way when they start off? For scissors, I didn't have intention for him to "experience" it in fact, he just self-help himself from the study table..now we decide to keep it under locks in the drawer (unless got adult supervision) coz the way he handle it is too dangerous liao...

Min,
thanks for posting that picture! Good to know Jesse isn't the only one who holds that way. And here I was thinking maybe it's because he hardly holds pen/pencil/crayon/etc

As for scissors, I think they'll just transit by themselves... In the beginning J also used two hands but after observing me, I guess he just decided to be like a "big boy" ;)

cough - maybe the air is dry (if a/c is on)?

Dion,
Hi!
I recommend emailing the School Dental Service instead of calling. Info to include in email listed above.

I didn't brush my son's teeth until he turned two. At first he didn't know what I wanted and I kept the session really short. Now it's a lot better. Guess just have to be consistent and make it a routine...I can't remember if stickers were involved. We only do it once a day.

SpringD,

Jesse has an art easel...and it's in the living room but he hasn't used it yet. Doesn't seem to have the desire to either! Really not into the "art" thing.

I'll let you know if Jesse screams bloody murder when we go for our visit. I can already hear it.
happy.gif
But he was the one who asked for it!

Dion,
i'm a SAHM, sometimes i do wish to break myself from the kids for few hours
happy.gif

Dental Visit:
Last Nov, when JK at the School Dental Svc he didn't cry but when the male dentist lead him to the chair he told my hb he wants to pee (he peed b4 entering the cubicle).

I can see he is abit nervous when he is on the chair. Glad that dentist is patience enough to persuade him on the chair and demo some of the tools, water tap and reclining arm chair before making JK open his mouth.

Wonder if is a female dentist, JK will jump on the chair w/o giving excuse. kekeke!

Hi SpringDance,
I was actually shopping ard and shortlisted AppleTree.... but cos the locations all not very very convenient and MIL (quite old le) will be the one sending, we gave up the idea....

Now shortlisted Agape Little Uni... but on waiting list....
sad.gif
still on the lookout for more options.....

Hi D,
Thanks for the advise! Will try that.... as long as the dentist is patient.... i'll be happy.... me myself got traumatized by last time school dentist... now i also scared to go dentist... so dun wan my gal to be same as me....

Hi Augleo,

yea... i can understand.... even though i wanna be SAHM very much, sometimes i do wonder if i can take it.... cos sometimes i take care of my gal for one whole day i do get frustrated..... but then, there are times i wished i had more time for her....
sad.gif

Supportive family members plays a big part here.... can help take care of the kids while mom get some time alone...
happy.gif

dion,
apple tree hours are really short, u looking for CC or playgrp. u are working right ? so who is helping you ?

SD,
not sure. still thinking how whether wanna have a small celebration instead.

Met up with old friends recently and one of them ask me, "do you intend to go back to work?" I told her..."one week a month I think about it".
happy.gif

I love drs, dentist, medicine, injections and all. So far, J likes drs and medicine. Not too keen on injections. I don't know about dentist but he usually doesn't like things the first few times round. heh.

Dion
Apple tree is only up to N2.. thereafter you hv to find another sch for your gal.
since your MIL quite old.. perhaps you wanna consider CC? at least not so straining since your #2 is coming along and your MIL wld hv to help look after right?

d,
thanks for the appt email info! i'll get down to doing it in apr *reminds myself*. you know me lah, i'm not exactly a toy person. i've gotten three books for his birthday. two are science titles for the dad to read and one is a whimsical title for me to read to him. i couldn't stand it and read him the whimsical title this week. hiyah, now i have to get at least one more new book before the birthday.

dion,
welcome to the thread!!! brushing teeth is a problem for me also. mainly because in the morning because we're in a rush to get everyone out of the house. so less than 10 mins to wake him up, use the potty, brush teeth, change clothes, use aerochamber, get a sip of water, wear shoes and get out of the house. usually i will brush for him using the finger brush and get him to drink water after that. no rinsing at all. but at least he is 90% of the time willing to open his mouth wide in his sleepy stupor for me to brush the insides.

kaexin,
they give stickers? woah good. stickers and balloons works wonders for me all the time.

min,
if you want him to hold the pen/pencil/crayon closer to the bottom, then offer a shorter pen/pencil/crayon? kaizer's obsessed with sharpening pencils nowadays. he will doodle hurridly so that the pencil gets blunt, then spend a long time sharpening, throw away the shavings and go back to doodle again. i haven't gotten him to use a scissors yet though i suspect he might have used it before in art&craft in school.

s/w
stickers work for you? I'll get you some next time
happy.gif
plenty here. hehe.

So what whimsical title did you get him? (btw, I don't like picoults new books. don't buy it if you haven't I can give you mine.)

eh, just email them lah...doesn't take that much time. My appt is for mid-jun as it is.

shorter pencils - brilliant!

Btw, we had this conversation in the car yesterday.

J: I cannot dance
me: why?
J: I don't have a dress (think he means tutu)
me: err...you don't need a dress to dance. when boys dance they wear shorts or trousers.
J: ?? I don't need a skirt to dance?
me: yup.
J: I look good in trousers. Mummy, do you have a dress? Or do you wear trousers to dance?

*sigh* do you not know I'm female? *sigh*

d,
i haven't gotten picoult's new book yet. was thinking of getting it as a "reward" for myself if i pass my driving test next week. you finished house rules and you don't like it? haaa, okie i sure don't mind taking over it. are you going to town anytime this week or next week?

you've read harold and the purple crayon? i got him a hardcover book that includes four stories from the series:
-Harold's Fairy Tale
-Harold and the Purple Crayon
-Harold's Trip to the Sky
-Harold's Circus

he likes the third story the best. because he's currently learning abt planets from his father. so he can relate better to that story.

maybe you should go to youtube and show him pics of little boys dancing ballet in tights. i showed kaizer before, but he was not particularly interested in the clips.

Dee
So when's the dental appt? yup remember to update me after Jesse sees the dentist..
happy.gif
I need more encouragement to bring Jonas to see one. Abt the convo, you planning to put Jesses at a dance class?

Dion
Agape is within the NUS campus? Hmm..seems inconvenient to go there?

Hi Kaexin,
Yea... AppleTree only 2hrs nia.... I also cannot make up my mind.... prob CC ba....

My MIL is looking after her now... she stays with us... so save us a lot of hassle...

But cos she also old (70 yrs old) le... so I tot find a CC, then she can have more free time to do whatever she wanna do... plus I see my daughter also like very bored at home....

Hi Min,
Yea... i tot its time to give MIL a break le.... after 3 years of looking after her... As for who to take care of #2... me and my hubby really dun have a plan now...
sad.gif

Maybe let my mom take care... but have to travel... haizz.... dunno leh.... got abt 4 months to think abt it still....

Hi SpringDance,
There's another branch at Yew Tee, which is reasonable distance from my place... if confirm there then hubby have to send and fetch her...
Am still looking around... but seems like very few feedbacks on the CCs ard the area...
sad.gif

Hi Mummies,

Cheap Huggies for Sale. Drop me a PM if interested,
happy.gif

Huggies ultra - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies pullups - $14.50 per pkt
Huggies comfort (red) - $15 per pkt
Huggies dry (blue) - $15 per pkt

Collection at Punggol/ Toa payoh (fri evenings & sun mornings) / Amk (prearranged) / Pasir Ris ( prearranged) / Science Centre (prearranged)

Hi Sandwich,
wow.... everyday like that ah..... really very little time.... pei fu pei fu!

Hi Kaexin,
im actually at Teck Whye side.....
happy.gif
have put my name on waiting list for the one at blk 789 Yew Tee...
happy.gif
we went to their open hse last sat... spoke to the principal.... nice lady....

Hi Dion,

Welcome to this forum!

Dee,

Thanks for your dental service contact. I tried to submit & they called me the next day! That's fast!!
happy.gif

s/w
going to town can always be arranged...I go in at least twice a week still. What time are you thinking of? Are you back at work? Otherwise we can meet on Tuesday/Friday morning, Orchard or RCT
happy.gif

SpringD,
Jun 17, I'll update when it happens. I think it'll be quite eventful, positive or negative ;)

Actually, we were on our way home from the zoo. I told him not to fall asleep in the car. So I guess he randomly just talked about "dancing". Don't think I've spoken to him about dancing, he is not very coordinated.

dion,
do you want to go n check out the Carpe Diem CC ? not sure whether the one at Teck whye is good. my Gal used to attend the CD @ Yishun fm Feb- Nov last year, they closed in Dec. i like the teachers and my gal likes them too. my frends twins at anotehr CD ! Hougang also find the plc nice, and another 2 have their kids @ PasirRis too. we seem to have good feedback of CD.

but house rules is a real let down...for me...

I finished the stieg larsson trilogy a month ago and really enjoyed it.

s/w, you want to borrow? Now that just sits on my bench...collecting dust.

gene,
that was my first picoult book too! read that in 2006 and since then i've been crazily chasing down all her books. i finished reading everything that she's published other than house rules. actually the themes, characters, and story twists get recycled a lot, but i still enjoy reading her nonetheless.

d,
no way i'll be able to finish a trilogy. i'll be happy if i can finish house rules in peace.

dion,
my husband's always complaining that our lives are too hectic, everyday rushing to send both children to school in the morning, finish a day's worth of work have to pick both children up, feed them, bathe, put to sleep. totally no time to take a breather when they're awake. he's been bugging me to consider employing a live-in helper. but i'm exploring other options like getting a more permanent type of part-time help instead. can't stand someone else (who's not family) staying with me and caring for my children.

s/w,
same sentiments here.... with #2 coming, ppl ard me are suggesting we sld get a helper.... but i simply cant stand a stranger at home..... it's like i'll have to take care of another person.....

I'll prob have to get part-time helper to clean the hse like twice a week soon.... if not it's either the hse is dirty or kids complain me dun spend time with them..... ...

Yo Bro! Happy Birthday to u too
happy.gif

We are official THREE now, not more free entry for us but we have more RIGHTS???
Cont' to test our mummies limits, see if their tolerance level has extended!

Your birthday cupcakes looks so NICE!!! wish I can have 1 of them
happy.gif

Selling 1 unopen GNC Childlife Essential Fatty Acids Natural Butterscotch flavor.
Expire date: 23 Oct 2010

For infants 6 month old up to 12yrs old kids.

Product detail: http://www.childlife.net/node/53/

Original price: $ 43.50
Selling cheap now: $ 35

Pls PM me if u keen. Collect at my blk (hougang). Thanks!

Congratulations on your new born, Agnes
happy.gif

Had an early birthday celebration for YX yesterday at his child care centre. Here's some pix to share. Happy birthday to all the April 07 birthday boys and girls!
happy.gif

3822060.jpg
3822061.jpg
3822062.jpg

3822063.jpg
3822064.jpg

Hi Ixora,
he's so cute!! very bright eyes and alert.. how is Joanie taking to her little brother? you better rest as much as you can now.

Congrats agnes & joanie!

Agreed with s/w...now with 2 kids really no time for one another....I'm the one reluctant to hire...think if ever, i got 3 kids...also no maid for me!!!

Back