(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

hi mummies,

I've always read this forum as my son is also from April 2007, but haven't really wrote much! ;) Now I've some troubling questions and hope you can help.

1) Feeding. My 3yr old feeds himself in daycare but totally kicks up a fight and doesn't want to feed himself at home during dinners. Does your child feed himself at mealtimes?

2) Sleeping. He has a night time bed routine but still needs us to accompany him together to bed till he dozes off. I'd prefer if he can go to bed by himself. Do you have the same situation or does your kid go to bed himself?

any comments or advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!

J
not to worry.. my boy behaves the same way

the only praises that his childcare teacher gives is that he is good in self feeding and finishes his meal everytime..
but back at home, he do refuses to self feed.. he will only do it like if i say that he can hv treats like ribena, yakult after he feed himself

but sometimes, i wld rather feed him coz its faster and not so messy..

for night time.. we still accompany him to sleep. we been doing that since birth.. it a routine that not easy to break.

Hi mummies,

YX's mei mei arrived on 8 Apr

Confinement is really tiring. Super hot weather and sore nips from bf and pumping... Getting emotional at times too. DH doing confinement for me and we ordered confinement food. YX staying over at Grandma's place for the time being. Really miss him but when I call him to chat, he doesn't seem to miss me at all...

Taro,

congratulations!!
happy.gif
My nephew came out the same day! heh..

J,
my three yr old hates any changes in any routine. So...

As for self-feeding, I notice that he only does it if we're not ignoring him (ie, we eat and chat and bo chap him). If we bo chap him, he'll act up.

hi min and D,
thanks for the replies... i tried bo chap-ping him. took away his pasta since he refused to eat... finally he relented and took his pasta. *sweat* no joke raising a toddler...

Coz I have now also a one year old, getting two to eat, and sleep is quite a deal. v tough! esp they sleep in same room.

haha....mummies, our 3 year olds have temper one...not easy...it's like flying a kite...cannot hold too tight, can not let too loose...not easy

hmmm...April thread really quiet now.

no updates from each of u?

Mother's Day coming, wishing all have an enjoyable day with your love ones
happy.gif

Happy Mother's Day to all.

D , last time u asked me to check out tokyo disneyland height requisites ...

most kiddy rides are ok for 3 yo
but some thrill rides hv a minimum height of 90cm to 102cm.

if the kid meets 90cm , he will be given a blue band on ur wrist
if the kid hits 102cm , he will be given a pink band and he will be able to ride on all the rides

caicai,

Thank you for remembering!!
happy.gif
Looks like he'll need more "guts" than height! He panicked on the Dumbo ride at HK until I showed him he could control the elephant and we flew "low" most of the way. haha. But he enjoyed Madhatter's...go figure.

So how was your trip? Review! When you have the time...hehe. Was it super crowded and how long did you have to wait in line? Did you try DisneySea? How many days each, do you think?

How much was it anyway?

it wasnt super crowded but most of the rides need around 45min Q-ing time
except for those kiddish rides ( no kick type) , we were lucky to get on after 15min - snow white/peter pan/pinnochio etc
the new rides ( in my opinion coz 10 yrs back -they wun around ) , need 90min - honey pot pooh / monster inc / buzz light yr )

zac enjoyed most rides . towards late evening like 7 pm ( dusk) , some rides were closed and u can see the Qs were significantly shortened ...
we got on the pirates of carribean ( 5min Q )

all in all , Tokyo disneyland was fun for zac , he loves it . i hv nvr been to HK , so i cannot compare yet . but pls note , tokyo figures speak Japanese . heard that HK ones , speak canton rite

Yes, we watched the "Golden Mickey" show and it was weird to hear the characters speak in Cantonese. HAha. There were English subtitles flashed on one side of the stage and Chinese subtitles on the other.

J enjoyed the other show better...3D fantasy show with music. Can't remember the title.

We waited over 60mins for the autopia ride but it's a small world and madhatter's practically had no queue and J just kept going on those.

J no guts one...we'll probably only go on the kiddy rides so good to know there's no queue there! haha. He liked Honey Pot but I hated it. He had fastpasses though...I wonder if Japan has that kind of tie up - our FPs came with our room ;)

I'm glad Zac had a good time.
happy.gif
Only young once!

Hey gals

I just sent an email to the School Dental Svcs to make an appointment.

Can you share with me your experiences? Coz I'm really afraid that Gladys will scream her lungs out.

gene
you can read her a book on Visiting the Dentist and prep her before bringing her down

then she may want you to lie down on the chair and can let her lie on top of you.

and can also let her hold her fav toys/book.

i bot D's fav bluberries and bribe him that if he co op he gets to eat them.

need to hv lots of patient to coax them. and i think the Drs are quite experienced enough to handle young kids whom hv phobia

and also pray hard that the no one in the neighbouring cubicle will be screaming.. otherwise may scare Gladys

Hey Mindy
How are you? CONGRATS again..Busy with handling the new baby and doing confinement? Must take care and try to rest whenever you can okie.

min,
delivered le? so fast June le
happy.gif

rest well and take care.

mummies,
any gardening experts here? can advise how can I trim the pandan plant shorter? just chop off from the middle? will it grow?

next question, those sprouts can just pluck off and plant them?

4079592.jpg

4079593.jpg

Aug: I think only har - ur pandan plant looking for sunlight! Maybe u can put it higher up on a box or something. U can plant the new shoots too. but I dunno id u can just chop the middle part and regrow :p

SD / leo
thanks.. ya i pop on 27th May @ 37 wk gestation. another boy
happy.gif
this time labour w epi only 3hr from time of admission

leo
i rmbr you asked SW abt the squeky sound fm Avent manual?
mine also like that leh. sometime got sometime don't hv. wonder why also

i realise manual can extract more milk then PIS. so have to alternate betw these 2 pumps otherwise hands very tired.

Diane,
will try to "lift" the plant up abit. Now the pandan plant is same height as me, still thinking whether can make it shorter :p

min,
Catherine n s/w reply the squeaky sound might due to the brand new rubber. now i hardly hear it so nice got 2 pumps
happy.gif

3 hours? same as mine, 3pm admitted and 6+pm YK is born
happy.gif

Min,
Congratulations! Rest well whenever u can...

Min, Augleo,
2nd delivery faster hor?
happy.gif

Mrs Chia,
so sorry din read your post till now.. I'm trying my best meeting 2kids' needs.. Jo is taking it well to her little bro but sometimes does throw tantrum, seeking attention..

ixora
thanks
i think subsequent birth is faster which makes me so tempted to have more children on impulse!!
haha but then the recovery process more painful leh i find.. esp when uterus contract but at least the i was able to walk proper on 3rd when the stitches down there not that painful

leo
i was using PIS all the while.. with the new baby i tot getting manual wld be more mobile for me. using pIS in the room wld also disturb the boy and baby. so i use manual in living rm/kitchen.
bobian..not staying in own home, no extra room

SD
i can sense that D is feeling insecure now and always do naughty things that deserve a beating which he nvr does that before. he just seekin attention
and pretty rough with new baby. so now we are more tired looking out for him then taking care of new born

min, augleo and ixora,
the three of you SAHM getting any help or taking care of both kids on your own? tough job. lotsa respect for mummies like you =)

hi gals,
the thread is coming alive again
happy.gif

Ixora,
Hope you are coping with 2 kids.. can't be easy.

Congrats, Min!

Q on Zoo membership
Does anyone know if they have any promotion with a credit card for 10% discount for their 1-year membership? Previously they had a tie-up with Ikea and then I vaguely remember with OCBC.. but now-- anyone recently renewed? TIA

Mrs Chia
went once late last mth .. tink they hv OCBC Titanium card promo, 10% off. i din sign up coz now they dun even hv the care giver priviledge anymore.

Min
congrats !!

Hi CoolD,
thanks for info-- will call OCBC and check.. yes, I know the caregiver thingie now no more .. that's why I'm asking if they hv any card promo - want to save some $$
happy.gif
. And I intend to sign up for individual membership for my parents- but the good news is it will only cost $40
happy.gif
(after 50% off) for senior citizens.

Min,
I could feel my womb contract more painful too, mayb i dun rem how was it like at Jo's time. How r u coping so far? Got confinement lady?

Sandwich,
I'm looking aft both myself, tough when both need my attention at the same time e.g when I bf, Jo wanna poo; as Jo still wan me to sleep with her, it's tough when she needs me and I hv to carry crying didi etc. My fault cos I din train her to sleep on her own initially.. anyway, so far am surviving but very tired.. but my mil comes to help 1-2days a week, i sometimes go to my mum's place so on the whole still not too bad, got extra pairs of hands inbetw... I think Augleo is a better SAHM, handling 2 kids all on her own.

Mrs Chia,
still hanging on, tks!

Re: Zoo
Long time nvr go... dunno when's the nx time.. hahaha

Mrs Chia
I just signed up membership at the Bird Park. Everything was nice except..... the playground!! Which I think is very important lor. Utterly disappointed. But then, the BP is only 5 mins away from us whereas Zoo is abt 25 mins away. So sometimes feel lazy to go Zoo. I hope I can utilize the BP membership to max. Otherwise, next year will renew at Zoo again.

D
What magazine subscription + zoo membership?? Sounds interesting.

gene,

at the zoo, during school holidays/weekends, there's this magazine subscription company that's near the turnstile and it's tied up the zoo/bp/ns. It brings in Mags like NG, Economist, Fortune, Time and etc.

For a small difference, can get the various zoo/bp/ns memberships at a fraction of the usual cost.

We subscribed to a magazine last year and got a membership for my HB. When it's time to renew, the subscription itself like only $20 less than if I just sign up at the zoo for the tie up.

Sorry, J is whining, can't concentrate.

hi mummies,

changed my nick from babygoh..im joanne, anyone remember me? hhehe.. :p

hows everyone out there?? :p seems like all are kdis are 3 now and some even have 2nd bb already.. cheers
happy.gif

==========================================================================================

Hi J

1) maybe you can try to praise him when he feeds himself (wow, boy!! u so clever cna feed yourself?? wow!!! he might be motivated by your encouragement ba...) or buy cartoons cutlery of the characters he like? he might want to touch them more??

2) my gal is also like that..me always "gei gei" pei her sleep and ends up sleeping early as well.. haha..duno good or bad.. :p i think kids are still kids.. they need parents by their side to feel secure ba.. maybe wait til they are older ba

Hi sandwich n mummies,
how's evyone?
happy.gif
hving insomia tdy so finally can pop into this thread. i hvnt cum into d thread for d longest time. ash is registering for P1 tdy, wld b there ard 9am. recently, i hv to coach ash on his K2 sch work (spelling, writing, so tough...) n also he started piano lessons so i practise w him evy nite. cher also started sch in late march. she adapted so well but af d 1 mth sch hol break, she din wan go bk sch! super clingy to me in evythg, only allow mummy to bathe, put to slp etc... time just passes so fast each day..

Min,
congrats!

Mrs Chia,
we tot of signing for zoo membership too

Gene,
u reminded me, i shall book an appt for cher to c dentist. ash first saw dentist at abt 3yrs+. he like it so much!! d dentist was gd i shd say n this boy alwy enjoy chatting w 'strangers'..

Mummies,

How's everyone? Need some advise please...

My gal has problem with constipation! She dislike plain water & we are trying all ways
to make her drink. There is some improvement now but I still find that she is not drinking enough.
Beside that we also give her some honey / apple juice. But her constipation still quite bad.
Any ideal is it due to the milk powder that we are giving? She is on Enfa now.
Do u think I should change her milk powder to Frisco? Heard that its the only one with
dietry fibre content. Otherwise can I buy fibre satches to add into milk? Thanks

Dlim,
more fruits n vege? Prune? Oats? helps?

Frisco?
izzit Friso? if yes, u can call Friso for sample. they will deliver (900g) to ur doorstep.
JK has been drinking Friso since 4months old.

Augleo,

fruits & vege yes.. not yet try prune. U referring to those prune juice rite?

Yes..typo error. Maybe I will buy a small tin & give it a try..

How's your little one doing so far?
happy.gif

Dlim,
call for sample ba coz small tin not cheap leh
happy.gif

my skinny "pig" n cheeky "ox"?
they are fine just that JK has slim down ALOT!!!
from 16kg to now 14.5kg!!! he under 15kg for more than 2 months.

u spending alots on ur Princess J's clothing? she always has nice outfit :p

Leo,
How long they gonna take for delivery?

Hahaaa... u so funny.. yes, im referring to your two lil' 'piggy' & 'ox'.
happy.gif

JK slim down but he looks just nice to me. He's always a healthy lil boy to me. Y suddenly slim down
so much? The last time I weigh Jay, he was abt 14kg+..now not sure. Isnt he more slimmer than your JK?

Cant help sometimes cox gal clothing r so cute which I cant resist..hehee... She is a talkative gal now.
She can follow us whatever we ask her to speak unlike her bro is forever mouth shut! Though, now Jay does
pick up but I still find him slow
happy.gif

Leo,
Thanks, I gave them a call just now & they said they will send me a sample in sachet for me to try out.
Takes abt 1-2 wks...well, will try out & send how.. thanks for the no.
happy.gif

Yeah! Girls Power!!
happy.gif

Yo Leo...mine also skinny piglet and skinny ox...cos the ox can walk alr...so everyday walk here and there like "foreman" cum kpo...*shake head*

Morning mummies!

hi mummies, need your help urgently. My confinement lady last min fly my aeroplane so now I have to source for another cl...

Does any of you know of experienced and gd CL who can cook cantonese confinement food? My EDD is 6Sep.

THANKS MILLIONS for any help!!!

i was down w/fvr for 3 days, cant take the full dose of medicine n hv to tahan the body aching longer
happy.gif

1st time having such a very thick n greenish phlegm...eeeeeee.

Kate,
no good recommendation CL from me.
hope u can get a good CL b4 dlvy.
wow! less than 3 weeks, Lele going to promote le
happy.gif
wishing u hv a smooth dlvy.

Catherine,
ask u, izzit child after 3 yo PD will give antibiotics when they hv fvr?

Mirai,
welcome
happy.gif

ur child born in Apr07 too?
is a boy or girl?

Back