(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

Min,
don't be demoralized....it took me a few tries to "get it" also...and I don't even use brown rice! Just trial and error lor...e.g. I find if I want to use minced pork, I need to add a bit more water and boil for at least 20 - 30 mins before putting it in the thermal layer, otherwise, the white rice will not be cooked...for some strange reason.

Nowadays, I just alternative between the normal cooking method and using thermal pot. For pasta, I just boil in pot and steam the fish. For porridge, I use thermal pot. But if there's minced meat, I still need to blend it...sigh...

My HB works at Tg Pagar, but there's no "mall" there to hang about. So I wait at RCT and then meet him when it's time.
happy.gif

Pisces gal,
I cldn't find last yr's calendar so juz thot of google search, surprisingly there are many sites with lunar dates.. btw, what u deduced is right.
happy.gif

Kate,
glad to hear that Lele oso took steady steps! my jo depends on her mood de, she hasn't been walking much since that day.. and yes i agree babies 'talk' very funny.. Lele so clever can say bird.. nvr hear my gal says bird.. she only points..

J&R,
think there is no hard & fast rule.. juz do whatever u feel like ba..

Cool_D,
your Jordan very cute lah.. full of confidence!
Good!

Min,
dun be demoralised.. juz put more water, yes juz drain off.. btw, r u still on part time? as part time SAHM? u doing all the cooking for Dillion?

Cindy,
i oso enjoy reading Caitlyn's blog.
happy.gif

Jo wont hv a big bday party, like Caicai's sonny.. dinner @ a restaurant with 2 sets of family.. who are the ones who dote her alot..
happy.gif

bb having mickey mouse theme on b.day or looking for mickey mouse as door gifts:

tampines St.81 there is a small store selling S$1 per pkt (buy 10 n get 1 free). stationery holder, note pads, pen n pencils....all @S$1/pkt

ixora15,

Thanks for the information and confirmation. Really very helpful
happy.gif

Augleo,

We would be more than happy to join your gathering on the 3rd May, Saturday but most likely my baby boy will be celebrating his 1st birthday on that day. We are planning to have it on that day's evening. Therefore, will not be free the whole day coz have to prepare for his birthday celebration mah ;p Therefore, very busy loh!

If the gathering of yours can change to another date, then we might consider joining all of u
happy.gif

Pisces Gal,

hmmm then maybe you should consider not joining us for the gathering, beacuse we will MOST LIKELY put the gathering on that day.

bububear,

Ya loh! Looks like I have to skip the gathering with all of u for this round then ;p

I have just confirmed the venue for my boy's birthday on the 3rd of May, Saturday already
happy.gif

Hello Mummies,

Busy Weekend?

Anyone familiar with Westlake Restaurant at Farrer Road? I used to go there when I was very young...can't really remember what it's famous for other than Kong Bak Bao. Any help? Thanks!

thanks alot jesse and min for the information.at least i know.coz i'm also allergic to certain food that y i'm cautious ant the type of food i'm giving him.

any one any idea where to get those ice cubes tray with lids for freezing baby food ?
thanks

ixora
working p/t now. work 2.5 flexi days per week.
very stressed to cook for my boy now as i duno if stuffs i cook will i make him 'yellow' or undernourished

sanrio
yr method sounds interesting.. esp when we be out the whole day.
so when you make carrot and corn stock.. then cher will only hv carrot as ingrediant in the porridge?

my boy party finally over and he is 1 yr old!

some hiccups but glad that everything is over!
Augleo, i think my cake almost same as u. but bit disappointed coz the sponge was good but very little blue berry filling.. will feedback to Flo abt it

btw, i ordered 3kg to feed 60-70pax in the end left with 1 kg. coz i ordered 'ONE' cake design.. left with the alphabet 'O' only.

glad everything is over!! aiyo i bot so much deco and nvr used much coz the Grassroot's club playroom oredi got carebears mural.. so no need much deco.

next time can consider booking that place for party coz it cost $200 for 4hr. the kids went wild over there

jessemon . i went to westlake restaurant last time . popular wif jpse housewives n expats . i find the chillicrab not bad n of coz the kong ba pao nice
happy.gif

jesse: we haven't (my family) been there for ages, but a few years back I went for dinner with my gf and the food sucks. I used to love their "gong bao chicken" but the standard has really dropped. But their kong bak bao, just as yummy though ....

Min - i give mushroom to my baby, the shiitake one just be sure to chop into small cubes. I usually stew it togeher with pork or cook it with soup. Most of th pigeon ready made products have mushroo and i make them myself since i hv pigeon cookbooks for babies.

augleo - thank you for your help... i survived! moved to a new place and celebrated baby's bday!
happy.gif
i think i will hibernate for the rest of the month... sooo tired.

disney
whr did u get pigeon cookbook ?
pigeon got interesting ready to make food stuff for baby
i used their instant corn soup tog with ABC pasta

Min - oh i got mine from japanese pigeon club. I applied before i left tokyo. They sent me quarterly newsletter and recipes. I can share with you a few but i have to translate it. I find it a bit tedious but if baby likes it, i think it is worth it. They have ones with edamame(green beans), mushroom and vegies or fish.

Yes their corn soup is not bad. I usually buy those boxes for 9 to 10 months now, and feed to my boy when we go out or when my maid goes off. You can see in the upper right hand corner of hte box, there is a number and the chinese word month. The number represents which month can you give that to you baby.

Direct discount for eCreative cake @15%:
mummies interested in this direct discount, pls pm me ur NAME, HP# n DELIVERY DATE.

cai cai, Mrs Lai,

Ya, can't really tell what's good...used to go there weekly as a child (re: running around the open area after dinner young child). I heard the standard went down, but I wonder if it went back up too.
happy.gif
Think my bro went there last week, I shall have to ask him.

Everyone busy with their birthday celebrations? No wonder the forum was dead over the weekend!

Mrs Lai,
the flowers on the cake look beautiful
happy.gif
You must be artistic! I can't even draw a flower!

Date: 3rd May 08 (Saturday)
Time: Lunch (12pm) or Tea (3pm)

Venue: TBA
** Plaza Mkt cafe (Buffet S$23+++ 12.30pm to 5pm; free for kids below 6yrs old)
** Globetrotters (pte rm: S$24.90++ 11am to 2.30pm)
** Clubhouse @Suntec = (waiting for quote)

1. Augleo + JK + hb
2. EE + Tiffany + gor gor + hb
3. Kelley + Ash
4. bububear + Bryan + gor gor + helper
5. ixora + Jo + hb
6. coolD + Jordon + hb
7. Gene + Gladys
8. aprilmum + Ning + hb + helper
9. Kris + Kelly + hb
10. Dlim + Jayden + hb + helper
11. michele + claire + hb
12. sandwich + kaizer + hb
13. sanrio + hb + cher + ash

pls add on....
happy.gif

augleo - where is plaza mkt? globetrotters in united square??? depending on venue, i might be able to make it

1. Augleo + JK + hb
3. Kelley + Ash
5. ixora + Jo + hb
6. coolD + Jordon + hb
7. Gene + Gladys
9. Kris + Kelly + hb
14. disneytokyo + Siggy + helper (depending on venue)

pls add on...

Disney,
plaza mkt cafe @ 80 Bras Basah Rd
Singapore 189560 Tel : 6339 7777
think is between City hall n D.Ghuat MRT station

Globetrotters near near ur hse
happy.gif

Kelley,
*hugz hugz* little monkey
happy.gif

my party is over too!! very tiring! i'm glad that i didn't hold the party on the bb's actual day coz i really didn't have the time/energy to focus on her!

we'll bring her out for a quiet family meal on the actual day (this wed) so we can spend quality time together!

i also have the 'Happy 1st Birthday' banner to let go, together with some excess balloons. anyone interested?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/1338823.html?1207464004

YX's a toddler now! He walked four steps three days before his birthday and I was so excited to witness it. hee. The party yesterday went on well. This is YX's birthday cake.

1341279.jpg

I have sooo many questions...this is one more. haha.

Anyone been to banyan tree bintan? we'll be going and have booked a villa on the rock (how's this one?) but HB thinking of changing to one bedroom pool villa...How do they compare in terms of location/convenience/view and generally upkeep of the villa? I keep reading reviews that it's dated and needs work done.

** Plaza Mkt cafe (Buffet S$23+++ 12.30pm to 5pm; free for kids below 6yrs old) = City Hall MRT.
** Clubhouse @Suntec = there is a children playroom (waiting for quote)

1. Augleo + JK + hb
3. Kelley + Ash
5. ixora + Jo + hb
6. coolD + Jordon + hb
7. Gene + Gladys
9. Kris + Kelly + hb

pls add on...

Sanrio
So clever of you…I never tot of can put everything in the Tiger Food jar in the morning and bring out and it’ll be cooked in the afternoon. That’s why during weekends, we can only go out after my boy finish his lunch and then in the evening around 6pm, must rush back for dinner.

Taro
CONGRATS on YX 1st steps b4 his birthday! Dun think my boy can make it b4 his birthday...he only know how to stand up with support not too long ago only ...

1. Augleo + JK + hb
3. Kelley + Ash
5. ixora + Jo + hb
6. coolD + Jordon + hb
7. Gene + Gladys
9. Kris + Kelly + hb
15. springdance + Jonas + hb (depending on venue)

please add on….

hi mummies,
i m in kkh now. cher admitted on fri evening, fever 41'c n cant go down w medication n sponging. lowest then was 39.5-39.9. hb brought laptop for me tdy as i cant get out of ward, 24hr w her. din slp for nites but ydy nite cher beta n i manage to slp.

sanrio....

oh dear! Hang in there, glad to know cher is doing better. Anything I can do or get for you? I could just pop by during one of Jesse's awake times...

Sanrio,
Your hb take turns with you? Let me know which ward Cher's staying. I can come over lunch time to visit.

Hi sanrio,

Oh dear... cher now still having high fever? This reminds me of my son. He was also admitted to KKH last month due to high fever... Did they tell u what causes the high fever?

Sanrio: sorry to hear.. hope cher is well!! take care too you know don't tire urself out.. take turns with HB.. u got another boy to take care...

oh dear sanrio. so sorry to hear that. really hope that the fever will go away soon. poor cher.
sad.gif

caitlyn also having fever now...n her b'day is today.

Cindy,
you held a celebration for Caitlyn over the weekend too? How was everything?

Ahh...bb C also fell sick. *pat*

Dear ALL,

Wishing all babies "Happy Belated Birthday" or "Happy Birthday"!! Auntie Cat finally finished one big arrow so popped by to say HELLO & Happy B-day!

1. Augleo + JK + hb
3. Kelley + Ash
5. ixora + Jo + hb
6. coolD + Jordon + hb
7. Gene + Gladys
9. Kris + Kelly + hb
15. springdance + Jonas + hb (depending on venue)
16. tft (Catherine) + Malcolm + hb
please add on….

So eager to see babies and mummies again!! It has been such a long time....

Baby Malcolm fallinf sick last weekend. Fever and coughing....think teething again.

Now he has 5 teeth on top, 4 below. Total 9...all suddenly popped out.

He's still on porridge but I would add wolfberry into his porridge....cos my mummy keeps pestering me to give him more "nutrients/tonic", saying his face colour very pale...

I have given him egg yolk (2 per day, only during weekends as that's the only time I can cook for him) So far so good...no adverse reaction.

Would try pasta and cheese this weekend if he's better....

Back