(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

sandwich,
wah! Kaizer really good at the slides
happy.gif

cindy,
i haven't seen him take unassisted steps before. but he walks very well with assistance. i won't even call it cruising, cos it's done at a very fast speed, not at a cruising speed, hahaa.

yesterday night, he was pushing his toy car (with wheels) to run abt the living room. he was very happy and very frantic cos i was zooming ard him, hahaa.

Hi disneytokyo,

I have been looking around for 3D mickey mouse cake also as my son like mickey mouse. He must hug mickey mouse to sleep every night. But a lot of cake shop don't do b'cos of the trade mark issue.

So u mean bengawan solo & polar have?

augleo,
tink u're right. is warm, a bit cramp n d too bright lightings i suppose.

sandwich,
np. next wk lah, we shall ask d regular gp agn. tmr if i m not tired, wld brg her go out kaikai. wat tx kaizer go playgrd? i din brg cher cos she not d 'adventurous' type, keke..

Kimsamsoon
I remembered seeing California BB products at Suntec. You know outside the exit of Toys ‘R’ Us got all those shops selling bb stuff one right. It’s there. Somewhere in the middle aisle, nearer to the Toys ‘R’ Us.

Cool Daughter
Huai san is it look like sugar cane one? I bought the raw ones for soup. Can use for bb ah. How to cook?

mummies
don't you think Vivocity got one of the worst nursing/changing room??

only got a sofa (at knee height) and a sink with a space beside which is supposed the cover of the dustbin..

so tell me where shd i place baby?? no choice but to kneel and change diaper on the sofa!

min,
i agree rgds nursing rm at vivo. put me off so i seldom go there w cher. oso d lifts are so far away, if take d 'central' lift, only 2, so small n alwy packed. such a big new shopping ctr but.....

disney
mong is my cousin's bestie.

tot of ordering fm her but need to self collect! think cindy got learnt baking fm her

and her cake design are superb esp 3d

Beyond - how old is your son? when is his bday?
i am trying to find a few... marmalade pantry offerred to do it but i am not sure if it is 3d I am also looking for 3d ones.

I thought bengawan solo has it...saw it there once but not 3D.

I am asking a few friends that I know who does it for fun.I mean they are chefs and bakers but they cannot do this under their current co.

Will update you once i find out something.

wow , i went into the mong's webpage ( no more orders frm E Feb to April )

I guess , mummies can drop this option ;P

Hi disneytokyo,

My son will be 11 mths in a few days time. I will be celebrating on 29 Mar.

So far, no one can help to do a 3D Mickey mouse cake. But they can help to put the mickey mouse figurines if i opt for a normal 1 or 2 tier cakes... but i have to provide the figurines. Therefore, seems like the only option I have at this moment is to do a 2 tier cakes and put on the figurines. I managed to buy some figurines last weekend.

i think the reason why its hard to find bakeries do to mickey mouse shaped cakes is the royalties issue - that is, they need to pay to 'use' mickey mouse images and i don't think its cheap so if its not popular then not worthwhile?
happy.gif

gene,

thanks for the info. will take a look this weekend.

there is a BP. sent by mrs lai. selling S$15. if plus postage still cheaper than suntec. i will order from BP.

micK , give me mong's no. , i can sms her right ?
i am keen on "ELMO" cupcakes leh , a mummy did the elmo n showed us on forum previously right ?

Michele,

I also think so. But the strange thing is, those cake shops can do winnie the pooh but not mickey mouse. Winnie the Pooh more popular meh???

Springdance : YES!! I like the cake. And Pine Garden very near my house. I think i will ask them if can give me further discount or not... My wedding cake also ordered from them.

Party will either be at my hubby's company chalet or at one of the condo clubhouse. Have not finalise the venue yet. The chalet balloting result will only be out in March.

Darbebe : Ya. Mine is a cheeky notti little girl. She is always fighting with her cousin over things/toys now.

Kate : Mine can walk very well if there is support. If unsupported, only can take a few steps... And she is like not willing to try more leh. But she is opposite of your lele. If she is not in cranky mood, she can talk and play with anyone. When we go out for food, she will happily play with the ah pek sitting behind us or the aunty who brought us our orders. But she is still selective on people who carry her. If she don't really like the person, she will make noise after a few minute.

Sandwhich : Glynnis also like doing that... She slide down on 4... but backwards... My SIL so shocked to see her doing that...

dreamygal: Like I said before, dunno how these tiny creatures' systems work! Haha! But I guess when we think of them as indiv w their own set of personalities, likes, dislikes and know-hows, it's no wonder how different one is from the other! Lele will let anyone carry him and crawl to anyone who beckons. Even when a stranger wants to carry him out of sight from us, he will hardly bat an eyelid. But come to smiling, playing and talking, most of the time reserved for us who he is closer with : )
As for walking, Lele started crawling at 6 months, but now still happily crawling. When supported he will walk but not for long. Even standing unsupported he also not long, let alone take a few steps! Haha! He sees pulling to stand and walking by supporting on furniture as just a means to get a toy/things out of reach lor.

Michelle: u always pick on my words ah… u know my English not bad.. of cos tempting ma.. seldom hear pple say addicted to sex!! Haha.. how is K’s birthday party planning coming along? Which cake u choosing??

Beyond: not reali.. but I thnk will be katelyn or katlyn or kaylyn…but kaylyn most prob not.. cos sound very kaypo to me..

beyond... i think mickey mouse belongs to our generation? hehe... pooh por is more popular nowadays among the young. i saw mickey mouse designs at bengawan solo today, maybe you can ask if they are willing to do 3D cake for u.
happy.gif

Beyond- asked my maid to check, yes bengawan does the mickey design but i have to ask if they can do 3d. My son's bday is on apr 3.

The only problem with this mickey (black red) is that it might taste like coloring agent. If we have baby mickey instead, using pastel colors, it will taste better. I also bake a lot so I know it will be difficult.

I heard from my friend who asked Bake It Yourself --- no stock on mickey's template. I am desperate so i will try to make one myself over the next few weeks.

I know someone who can do mickey mouse design that will look like this:
http://www.thefinebakeshop.com/Fine%20Bake%20Shop%20Birthday-Child/mickey%20mouse%20002.jpg

if you are interested, let me know. I can pass her number to you. She is a professional chef.

Michelle - how was the class?what courses did you attend?

Mrs Lai: remembered tht you ordered a haenim playyard for vanessa. did she like it? we tried playpen w balls for lele yesterday n today but he could not stay more than 15mins yest n today he cried the moment he found himself inside...
headache ah...

can also call ecreative to ask for their catalogue coz their website did not show the complete range..
i juz got mine few days back

kate
i think its normal. my boy also cannot be alone for more than 15min.
even when his playpen is full of toys also no use.

kelley: the hollywood grind link I posted??

Kate: It's something new, so I don't foresee her being alone inside for 10 mins in the beginning. It's just to let her get use to it, we usually stay in it with her for a while, and then let her starts playing with the toys, and then we take quick breaks ... she's ok maybe like 5 min in it alone, but not when she's sleepy lah. We make it such tt it is now her play area, and her bedroom no more toys :p

Mindy: I just got their catalogue also. They tell me not much change but wah lau, the catalogue I had was 2006 one! they also never bother to send me a new catalogue. Then think they got new staff, cuz tt day I ordered, the staff usu rem my particulars one, but this one didn't. My sis just told me to try chocolate cake with chocolate mousse fillings. Her dotter had a bday party in Kindergarten and she said it's the first time she saw the kids going for second or third helpings!

mrs lai
oops i din see year of catalogue.

hv u decided on V's cake? i may juz get 2-tier coz 3D is gonna burnt a hole in my pocket

Mindy: Ya. I'll just get the 2kg cake, $80 is still affordable =) I am also getting some swiss rolls (mini cakes) from rebecca so tt should be enough for everyone. I don't want to be keeping 1 big slab of cake in my fridge for a week or more!

No time to catch up with all the posts. All I see at a glance is cakes, cakes, cakes
happy.gif

I thought I saw Elmo!
http://www.mongstirs.com/gallery.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kymclim/1557008637/in/set-72157600199404264/

Can try out the agar agar from Mrs Chan (Mobile: 97887807 / 96350758 or email [email protected]). She makes very nice 3D agar agar. She did a standing 3D barbie doll agar agar for my friend.
1271809.jpg
1271810.jpg

And some might be guessing right. I am going for the Sesame Street theme... ELMO!

ladies, so scary right? now that the JI leader had escape from Detention Centre. How can it happen in the first place? haiz

Back