(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Hi to all Mummies in this thread!

I'm currently in my 11th week. This is my second baby so not as blur as compared to when I had my first one. I notice most of the mummies here are first time mummies?

Hang in there if you are still suffering from MS. It will definitely get better. You won't be friend with the toilet bowl for too long now =p

Recall somebody saying that the multi-vits make you want to puke? I think it happens to most preggies because of the smell. So far I have taken both Revicon and Obimin. Some pple prefer Revicon and some Obimin. You might want to raise it with gynae and see if you can switch to another type. It might work. Another way is to take it with a flavoured drink to mask the smell. I have a friend who took it with soya bean milk. Personally I have taken Revicon with Redoxon (Vit C drink) and Obimin with Ribena. It works for me. End of the day it is down to trial and error.

Odie,

thanks. it is good to have an experienced mom to guide us. But frankly, this first pregnancy is scaring the hell out of me. i don't think i will want to conceive again after this one. Like Mar_bride, she is already 16 weeks and still vomitting like merlion. So very hard to believe that ms will get better when my ms is getting worse by the day
sad.gif
i so scared that i will be the unlucky one who will have nausea for 9 months!!

hey starfruit
i only take 1/2 a pill on days im not nauseous, when im able to swallow something. in fact i have the omgea DHA pill, calcium pill and multivits, i dun know how to spread out. calcium and multivits can be broken into half but DHA cannot so i still dun have the courage to start eating it. last time our mothers also didnt take these things, i think should be ok.
Im starting to take birdnest, bought 6 pack bottled type from EYS and 2 premium less sugared type. some pple said birdnest is more for good complexion plus maybe improve functions of lungs.
my hubby said he will tease bb if his/her complexion not as smooth as beancurd.
they also recommend PaoSheng which can warm up the womb as well as cordyceps but these 2 add up very ex.
now my headache is dun know what to drink everyday. bought some chrysantumum drinks, if not all the drinks I like either has caffeine, too liang or too sweet, so difficult!
Belle pepper,
can understand, every morning im so reluctant to get out of bed cos im so afraid that its another foodless day. I want to eat GOOD FOOD without any phobia soon.

pinky,

when u take the birdnest is it at night when u go to bed? will u not vomit it out? i am worried i will and then so expensive some mroe.

Hi belle,

Thanks for welcoming me.
happy.gif

Giolyn,

U shouold'n be too negative, shld think postively. Like that then will be good for the bb...at least u got ppl care for your bb. sometime i feel that my MIL don really care for my bb. She also won't be concern like boil soup for me to drink or buy bird nest for me, lucky i still got my family, and my hubby. :p

QQ: wha.. ur EDD only on the 15th mar and r doc can already see ur bb's gender.. this is great!. My doc also told me that mine is possibly a girl.. i am trying not too keep my hopes to high incase i get disappointed cos i really want a girl lah.hehe

Belle: same lah.. my mum also say the same thing...hehe she say never take any vits or supplement and we all turned out fine. But i think har, the environemnt now is so diff from our mother's time and i dunno what kind of toxic, pollution that we r being exposed to, so i scared bb not developing properly so no matter how much i throw up, i will still try and take the vitamins as best as i can.
I also threw up acidic juice in the afternoon today, i totally agree with u, its a terrible feeling. But i am confident we will all get better soon. So hang in there.
BTW, i read that weak hot tea and dry toast/or plain dry biscuit can sooth nausea/after vomit and i realised that i actually crave for cold Pokka Oolong tea everytime after i throw up and i do feel better after taking a few sips.

Odie: Welcome to the thread. I might consider changing my Obimin if i dun get any better. Ya i have also been resorting to taking it with Ribena..hehe. I think it really helps.

pinkypink: I think me same as u, gynae KS so i am now taking 4 pills- Folic, Calcium, DHA, and Multi-vit(obimin).Sometimes i split up the pills..like i take folic and Multi-vit in the morning after breakfast, then Calcium and DHA after lunch or even after dinner. Somedays, i take only folic and calium.. sometimes just folic & multi-vit. I trying to break up the sequence to see if it will improve my nausea. BUt till now, i still can't pin point the most effective sequence for me.*sigh*

I agree with belle about vomiting the bird nest out.. been telling my hubbythat its a waste of money to feed me any food cos i just end up throwing it all back out. Maybe i should wait another week before consuming these nourshing stuff..dun want to throw all of them out after i eat..so waste of $$.

hey gals, recently found a book call "9 Months and Counting". written by Dr Gordan Lim from Gleneages.

Find this a very useful book, as gudies u step by step from before preg, then FAQ for 12-16wks, 16-20 etc till after delivery.

I find the FAQ very good, maybe cos Dr Lim is a local and understand the most frequently ask Qs by SG womans. I had problems like buttoks pain, finger numbness, constantly going toilet ect.. all these are e frequently ask and answers given.

Seems many taking bird nest, PG 44 of his bk say "... e actual nutirents value is minimal as birds nest has found to contain little more than a low amt of protein..."

further in pg 46 talks abt stretch mark cream, it says "... e only way to prevent tehm is to avoid excessive and rapid weight gain during pregnancy. stretch mk crean do not prevent from occuring and of little value..."

Bird nest and stretch mark cream are very exp items... after reading this i have 2nd tot of buying.

Hope u gals can find a copy and read as well. very useful from a local prespective
happy.gif

hi bellepepper
im taking 1-2 teaspoon every morning and nite, its actually very little.
hey starfruit
im thinking whether taking the vits alone is enuf, dun know whether should spend money on BU. my mil is more concern about BU after i give birth, to get rid of the bad/old blood, build up my health so tat i can have strength to look after bb.
hi kolar bear,
the 'westerners'think that birdnest has very little nutrients while chinese thinks tat it helps improve bb complexion and function of lungs.

Hi Kola Bear,
thanks for sharing the information...actually tho i have bought the stretch mark cream, i din use it coz i'm too lazy. will go to bed as soon as i could to further avoid vomiting! so, most of the time, i did not apply these cream.

Hi Bellepepper,
dun think too much, our ms will be gone soon...pray hard ya!

Garfield,
Blood drawing is not painful, just very quick process. I've got the package information, You can let me have your fax number so that i can fax a copy to you. its $1.5K. I guess most of the packages are about the same.

Starfruit/Belle,
Actually, my EDD should be 8 march, but initially bb too small so gynae suspected that it was conceived one week later than the xpected. However, after oscar test, the date is tuned back to 9 March, so quite close to initial calculation. So, I'm now 14 weeks plus already, i tot I was still 13 plus. haha! Anyway, Oscar's test result was very good, low risk.
happy.gif

Dr Paul is really very pro-natural. He gave me only multivitamins initially. I asked for calcium supplement. He said actually I don't need it but i was just afraid so I requested for it. I don't drink milk, and I take less yogurt now due to vomits. So, I don't take DHA or whatever other things that you gals mentioned before.

Hi gals,

Wah...everyone into BU, vitamin pills and stretch mark cream now
happy.gif

Re stretch cream
People say whether you get stretch marks or not deps on genetics. I din hv stretch marks on my tummy for my first pregnancy though my tummy was v big at full term...people keep asking if I'm hving twins, so can imagine how big it was then. But I hv stretch marks at the hip area, so if you want to use stretch mark cream, remember to apply on this area as well
happy.gif

Re BU and vitamin pills
Think there is no scientific evidence that birdnests and stuff actually contains much nutrients, so your gynae will typically tell u dun need to take those. That's what my gynae said to me too in my first pregnancy. As for DHA pill, my gynae also told me that there is little scientific evidence that DHA taken actually benefits the unborn child, so I was also not prescribe those. I was prescribed calcium pills previously when I was told to take more milk and my gynae observed from my facial expression that I dislike milk
happy.gif
. Actually, my gynae said for milk, just need to take HL milk, dun need to take milk powder 'cos she's worried that I will put on more weight than necessary.
Actually, for this pregnancy, I've not been prescribed any vitamin pills yet except for folic acid ('cos thal) when I was at my gynae during my 12th week visit.

Hi Belle... you are most welcomed. All pregnancies are different... so don't worry too much ok? Anyway don't speak too soon... when you see your baby grow each day and getting more and more cute... you will miss getting pregnant and having another baby. The way is really to find the best possible way to curb the MS. Take less for each meal but have a bit of snack in between to keep you going. Go for light and soupy stuff for now. In my case... salted biscults are the best. Sour plum doesn't work for me. Usually when I start to feel a bit sick... I just pop a few biscults.

Re: Taking of pills in the morning. I am a lousy pill-swallower. Tend to gag when I try to swallow the pills (yes there was once I took birdnest in the morning and end up throwing up the birdnest because I gagged!) So I just take a few bites of food... take the pills before I continue with the rest of the breakfast.

Starfruit... yes it does contain a bit of iron but not really alot. Personally I find that multi-vit does give me constipation. If for whatever reason I don't take it for 2 or 3 days in a row... I am actually able to move my bowels better. Is there a reason why you want to know if it contains iron? I was prescribed iron pills separately for my last pregnancy because I was getting alot of giddy spells. Probably will need to take extra iron for this time round too.

Re: Birdnest... hmmm... not sure if it really does help. But heck... I like the taste so I just eat it.

Re: Stretchmark cream. It also depends on your genes... ask your mum if she has it when she was pregnant. My stretchmark appeared only at the last trimester so it was still ok. Went away quite fast after delivery. But again... most people just apply to err on the right side =p

QQ... think it is still too early to take calcium at this point. The baby will only start needing lots of it toward the later part of 2nd tri if I am not wrong. Take heed though if you suffer from leg cramps it is due to the lack of calcium. Let you gynae know if such problem should suffer. Agree with Blueberries that the normal milk will do. Those special milk for preggies will only make you excessively fat =p

Odie,
Thanks. u are right. My Gynae said leg cramp is a sign of calcium lacking. I think I'm too kiasi and quickly take it first. :p

He advise me to take calcium only when needed.

Odie

thanks for ur advice. pls pop by more often and give us more advice.

to vomit birdnest is expensive. Think i will wait till later when i have better appetite and can enjoy my birdnest
happy.gif

QQ:
updated with ur new EDD. The earlier the baby delivers the better we can get to enjoy motherhood
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Updated!
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks belle, for the update.

Hi hi, I don't have a scanner here. Its a whole form, with a list of many conditions. Sorry leh.

Another time then, when a scanner is available one day.
happy.gif

*Odie, you're right abt the multi-vit man. i wretch trying to swallow it, esp when i'm not a good swallower in the first place. multi-vits are so huge some more. i always very "pei fu" those who can swallow a few pills at one go...!

thus i take the special preggie milk. it has all the nec. vits and calcium that i need.

sorry i hv alternative opinions on the milk and calcium thing. no offence hor. cos bb will start to draw calcium from our body, we hv to start stocking up for ourselves, else our own needs will be compromised and we will hv to face a lot of problems at a later stage of our lives. esp for non-milk drinkers like me, i think this period is critical. i wouldnt want osteoporosis when i'm old. quite scarry to know that our bones can be so brittle that the spine sections can collapse...

wont get excessively fat la. it's low fat wat. hee. i've been drinking for the last 1.5 mths, i only put on 1kg. in fact no weight gain over last 3 weeks. doc getting worried also, and has ordered me to eat more as soon as my appetite returns.

i also encounter problems trying to swallow pills. it's almost as if i break out in cold sweat just looking at it.

my gynae just gave me multi-vits and i just take a sniff and i have 2nd thoughts. and they look so big!
sad.gif

Veryberry... I actually cut my obimin into 2-havles before swallowing it. Chances of gagging are lower =p

Well what you said is true. Good to have some reserves built up. I'm the type that cannot stand milk. HL milk is probably the only one I can stomach but even then I cannot stand drinking it everyday. So thank goodness my gynae introduced me to a type of calcium pill that last time. No need to swallow... just suck and it is minty. Taste like polo sweet. I will definitely get the same one for this round. Just that is is damn expensive.

Oh speaking of milk... I had a friend who is now pregnant. She was throwing up like nobody business until she was about 16 weeks. Couldn't eat much too so she was relying alot on those milk for preggies to keep her going. After her appetite came back. She whacked her food to try and put back... but together with the milk she put on too much weight and her gynae ordered her to stop taking the milk and just take calcium pills. So everybody must take care and don't overdose either. Because trying to curb the appetite later can be just as painful ;)

hey QQ and oldie
when u say leg cramp, how does it feel actually? i realise that i get 'needles pricking' my foot kinda of feeling quite often nowadays, thats not cramp right? Oldie, the calcium pill you mentioned sound really cool, maybe i can ask my gynae during the next scan.
hey veryberry
im also getting worried, im still losing weight, has tried to eat more when im not feeling tat nauseous, but can't seem to resume my old appetite, very sad.

Hi QQ and oldie, from Dr Gordon Lim book, to minise cramp, avoid standing for long periods, raise ur legs at nite and massage ur claves b4 u sleep.

if u get cramps, press ur foot, toe pointed down agiants e floor for a few seconds until e cramp goes away.

hope this helps

Thanks Kola bear &amp; veryberry for the advice. I also have needle-like feeling like pinky, but i do not consider that as cramps. I have it especially every morning after getting off from MRT train. Since I dun drink milk as some of us here, I think i better take a calcium pill a day.
happy.gif
better pop more before I get osteoporosis.
I guess cramps are more intense than needle-like feeling.

Pinkypink, do you get enough sleeps everyday? Whenever I have insufficient sleep, i cannot eat well and feel nausea most of the time.

Luckily I have a big throat, i have no problem swallowing one big pill at a time. Jia you!

Pinky,
do you think maybe we have developed food phobia? So somehow we cannot resume our old appetite? I find that whatever i eat for breakfast and dinner will surely throw out, so now i don eat first thing in the morning, i let myself throw out the water first. later when i reach office, i eat some biscuit. I think this sequence helps. At night i try not to eat anything if possible, or else just take bread. otherwise when throwing up, it will be very tough to throw out food.

we both are already 14 weeks and still no return of our pre-pregnancy appetite, feel very sad hor. am losing weight too. also not drinking enough water, urine is very yellow, quite worried. I drink ribena and hope i wont get gestational diabetes.

is it ok that after delivering then we try to consume more calcium?

QQ: i also have insufficient sleep, i got insomnia, will toss and turn for many hours before sleeping and wake up numerous times and wake up like 6 am when i am suppose to wake up only at 8 am. Suffering
sad.gif

I wish all MTBs have a nausea-free day and good sleep and appetite and digestion!

Hi Belle, looks like your this pregnancy is really very tough, but please endure and hang on there and your discomfort will be away from you very soon. Try to think of other things, dun always think that you are going to throw up. Try to think that the food is delicious, the plain water is nice, bluff your brain and I hope that you will feel better soon. Jia you!!

Hi pinky, leg cramp is when u feel a very tight pulling in the vein of your small thigh and this tight pulling will give you a sharp pain. I know coz' I just had a leg cramp the other day and I had to ask my husband to wake up and massage for me. I think I may have walked too much that's why got the cramp and my mom also said that if you ate too much kang kong, you will also have the cramp. So the 'needles pricking' you are experiencing is not leg cramp...heehee

I'm gg for my oscar test on fri &amp; real scared cos i'm afraid of needles. Anyone who had been thru, can roughly tell me how long the whole process last &amp; do i need to fast before gg for my appt?

Hi Lynn_Angel,

You don need to fast. The extraction of blood is very fast like 2 mins and it is painless. I am also afraid of needles. U just let the nurse know u are scared and she will be very gentle.

The scan takes about 15-20 mins depending on how cooperative your baby is. U will be given some time to drink some water prior to the scan. Actually even after i emptied my bladder, my gynae did the abdomenal scan for me also can see quite well, but they just want to make sure, so they will ask u to drink some water there.

hey bellepeper,
same here, i wonder whether its food phobia. i dun feel like going out esp. when 'food' is involved. been relying on anti ms pill on past few days which helps - mine is yellow the stronger type. worse thing is my urine test turned out quite bad, brown colour, means too much sugar, but gynae said she rather that i put on weight first. im like 42.5kg now. tat was the weight i achieved when i went on diet last time.
i think better eat calcium now, store for bb, can eat alternate day or when you can swallow better.

Pinky,

why is ur urine brown? Not drinking enough water also? I have stopped taking anti-ms pill because i want to know when my ms stop, so by taking the pill, i wont be able to track. furthermore even when i take the pill, also vomit, makes me feel worse pyschologically. Or got urge to vomit but cannot vomit, the feeling is worse than actually throwing out.

Ya if got this kind of "food" meeting, i also turn off. i cannot stand people eating or the smell of food if i myself is not eating.

i think my priority now is to have one normal meal first then worry about all the vitamins and calcium and DHA. My gynae said if i get too dehydrated, got to be put on drip, means hospital stay, i dread that happening.

Lynn_angel,

Blood test is very quick as described by Belle. However for the ultrasound scan, it should be quite fast, depending on the bb's position. If everything is okay, 20 min will do.

As for me, I went in and out for 4 times because my bb kept turning to the wrong direction and the neck cannot be seen. So, i spent 2 hours there. I went out for a 20 min walk then scanned again. As I said before, my bb kept showing the gender but then i did not ask the bb to show the neck before hand. Hee hee! Apparently, the bb was sleeping during the scan.

No pain involved, don't worry.

Pinky, please try to drink more water...otherwise can get urinary tract infection and you will then have to take antibiotics which is no good for the baby.. Perhaps a light tough of ribena will help, not too sweet at a time so can drink more...

my sense of smell has been very acute lately. I can smell all kinds of things which I could not smell before and this makes my nausea much worse. I have a neighbour who always burn incense and the fumes fills up the whole house and make me want to vomit

hi all...so sian ley..i have had 3 nite mares in a span of 2 wks! arrgh either i wake up screaming or wake up punching somebody sigh. Am i thinking too much or wat.

Anyone of you look 'swollen' now? my colleagues commented that my face seems like having water retention. Maybe i drink too much water hmmm.

Hi QQ,

Can you fax during my lunch hour from 12noon to 1pm or after 5.45pm cos I haven tell my colleague that I am pregnant so I have to stand by at the fax machine?

hey belle pepper
not urine brown, but the test strip..it should remain as green if normal, brown means sugar level quite hi.
when i drink tea, i ask for less sugar now. i eat fruits everyday and now trying chrysantumum, hope its not liang cos EYS staff recommended.
btw you girls seen linea negra - the dark line that stretch from/across your belly button to your pelvic area? i've seen a faint line for a while.

Hi pinky, my mum has forbidded me to drink
chrysathemum, she said it will make the bb yellowish and we will also have more phelgm. I dun no whether is it an old wive's tale but dun take too much lor. Drink more plain water, ribena, juices, soya bean which are more better for us. Also cut down on tea which have caffein and red tea is liang.

Hi Pinoopy, I'm told by my colleague that preggy woman tends to be more sensitive to smells. And this is worst coz' is making us feeling more nausea. I hope this will go off soon. Take care!

Hihi, haven't posted for quite a few days cause not much to update. I read that quite a few MTBs are suffering from MS. *Hugs* to those of you. Try to have more courage and comfort.
happy.gif

Hmm, I have been getting headaches quite frequently lately. Dunno why or whether it can be due to preg. I am in week 15 now. So not sure is it a hormonal thing or blood pressure or whatever.. Each time, I try my best to tahan and will the pain away. Unless I really cannot take it, then i take one Panadol. Don't even want to take 2 panadols. By the way ladies, I was told that we should not take the Panadol Extra, we can only take normal Panadol.

Anyone else here got headaches?

And another funny thing is, I seem to feel more MS at the 2nd trimester! Although so far I have not puked (luckily), but I can feel that the MS is worse in that my feeling of wanting to puke is stronger now than in the 1st trimester! wonder why I seemed to be the opposite!!!

Got to take one step at a time. Cannot worry too much.

I saw a question about Triple Test. I am going to take it next Monday (18th Sep). From what I remember, my gynae told me it's $90+ for the blood test.

Garfield,
I am in my office now. sorry, was away just now.
Hm.. I can fax it to u at about 5.45pm today. I off from work at 6pm and got to rush for company bus.
happy.gif
you can let me know your fax number.

Hi to all Mummies... hope everyone is having a relatively good day free from MS!

Pinkpink... hmmm you really seem a bit underweight (unless you are very petit in size?). Are you eating well? If yes... must really try and put on more in your case. As for the dark line... maybe because its my second pregnancy so it is showing quite early. In fact can already see my tum tum even at 10 weeks if you pay attention. I only started having the dark line towards the later part of 2nd tri for my first pregnancy.

Belle... yup. Preggies tend to retain water easily. Go slow with the water esp at night before bed. Prop up your legs as often as you can. I think the feet usually suffer quite badly from water retention if you don't take care and can make walking tough. I am hoping to "maintain" my "standard" for this time round. Last pregnancy I was able to wear my normal office shoes (flat heel of course) throughout. Which is good... otherwise will have to source for a good pair of sandals. Walking often helps to keep the swelling feet away too!

Autum... think you are like me. My red blood count will drop during pregnancy and this gives me giddy spells frequently. If this is a concern and doesn't go away soon... talk to your gynae the next round and he or she will probably prescribe you with iron pills. Alternatively red meat has lots of iron... esp beef... that is if you take beef. Hope you take care of yourself esp in public places where it is crowded. Try and sit down if headache gets bad. Maybe your nauseouness is a result of the headache. For me when I get light-headed... the nauseous feeling will come shortly after.

Back