(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Oh forgot to add that if you want to see an active baby during the scan... try drinking something sweet before the scan. Think because baby will be a bit "sugar-high" and therefore more active!

happy.gif
okay. standby at your fax machine later, okay? i tried to pm you but yours is not activated.

Odie, u are very experience leh!
happy.gif
good to have someone with exprience here.

I'm sensitive to smells and sounds. I can hear everything at night, including bugs, tv at living room, etc. Sigh! my housemate said I am too sensitive, no good for them. What to do?

hey pinkdaisy
i know also, but plain water sucks, ribena unless i put lots of ice, juices also dun like, milo has milk & soya makes me puke, im only left with tea...i like leh..tried rose syrup also dun like, headache.

pinkypink. try glucose?
I drink only juices, ribena, red dates water, ginger tea, and glucose during my 1st trimester. I digged for various ideas of different fluid to take. I ran out of ideas some times.

If tea is the only thing that u can take, i feel that it is fine but try to cut down slowly. try to dilute as much as u can, if possible.

QQ... hmmm... not really lah. Just sharing my past experience. There are alot of things which I didn't go through for my first pregnancy so I don't necessary know. Just learning from everyone here. I learnt alot in this forum from other fellow mummies and just reading from their experiences. hahahaha... smell a bit hard to block... maybe you can block out the sound by putting in ear-plugs? =p

Pinkypink... you like green tea? Gynae said green tea is fine and quite good because of the antioxidant.

Just realised that we have a "garfield" and an "odie" in this thead =)

No problem. u can email me. I've dropped u an email to your gmail account already.
happy.gif
I have to tell u that I'm a very blur person, and I haven't really study the form yet. I thought all antenatal packages are about the same, so i bochap at the moment.

Odie, I tried to use something to cover my ears b4, still cannot. funny hor. luckily i don't have many ppl staying at my house at the moment.

time to go off!
happy.gif
have a nice day everyone.

Peace lover , added u.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

anyone notice that they have more discharge as usual? i am feeling very wet these few days.. can;t tell if its discharge or if i might be leaking amiotic fluid or urine. I am so worried now. Have scheduled an appt this friday to see gynae to confirm what it is.

hey QQ
wats glucose water? where to get?
hey oldie
i tot green tea a bit liang?
hey starfruit
when i stay on the toilet bowl to try to do my big business, i get more discharge when i wipe, so i dun dare to try too 'hard'...but must force myself to go once a day, if not next day sure constipated and bleed.

hi all, i can see a faint line of linear negra. accoridng to my mum's old wives tale, the more obvious it is at early stage the higher possibility for you to have a boy.

anyway, went for my scan today. gynae said 60% girl.. coz he can only see "3 lines" from the buttocks view and no "hotdog".. haha.. i am gald she is healthy and doing well despite all my vomiting these few days
happy.gif
can see baby kicking also... long legs haha!!

Pinkypink,

I just bought a can of glucose (pu2 tao2 tang2) and mix the powder into plain drinking water. That's it. The taste is like a little sweetness added to plain water. The can is blue in colour. Hm, I don't know how to explain. Hope you get what i mean.

Starfruit, I also have more discharge nowadays, but i think it is normal. Do not worry. Gynae said more discharge is normal, unless its smelly and kind of solidified then i need to let him know again. Take note of the colour also since green, solidified and smelly discharge refers to a possible infection.

Hi peace_lover, so far I have no complain with Dr Chia. In fact, she is the one who assist me in getting this pregnancy, so i am quite grateful to her and I feel very comfortable with her. Why? Are you thinking of going to her as well or you are already with her and dun like her?

Hi gals,

If you want to take glucose, dun take too much. My mum said it's "liang". She used to take when she was preggie with my bro 'cos she got bad ms, cannot take anything else. According to her, it made her ms worse and she keep going to the toilet to vomit some clear liquid
sad.gif
I've also got more discharge than normal, but that was during the 1st few weeks. Now, seems to hv tapered off. Anyway, gynae said it is normal, esp if this is not the 1st pregnancy. So long as dun itch, it's ok
happy.gif

Starfruit... no worries about the discharge. Quite normal unless there is a smell to it.

Pinkypink... western doctors don't believe in the concept of "cooling" and "heaty". Actually only the Chinese believes in it =p Basically most gynaes will tell you that you can eat anything but stay away from alcohol, smoke and Chinese herbs (for at least the 1st tri).

edde... once you confirm can start shopping for the baby liao ;)

edde, my gynae also guess 60% girl.

So are u better now that school has started and the anxiety of starting school has more or less worn off? Also got some work can take ur mind off hopefully
happy.gif
is school canteen food ok ?

Hi all mums-to-be,

I am a first time mum here. EDD is 30 Mar. With Raffles hospital and doctor's name is Dr Koh Gim Hwee. Counting the days, I'm in my 12th week already! Hurray! Just passed my first trimester. Baby measures at almost 6cm now.

Sharing my own experience, I actually do not throw up though I feel nauseous at different parts of the day. Taking the vit. pills (for me, the gynae prescribed four types) in the morning is extremely difficult (something that I do not look forward to) as I have problems swallowing pills (similar to moogen). So, everytime I take them, it is like a challenge for me. Hopefully, all the yucky symptoms will go away soon.

Just took a fetal test yesterday. Prelim results looks great. Doctor even told me that I am expecting a baby boy! Well....my hubby has got his wish.

Starting to take bird's nest, though not very sure what the actual benefits are!

Biggest problem that I face is having to think of what to drink!!!! My usual favs. such as coke light and tea contains caffe. Thus, I can only now stick to soy bean milk, fresh milk and fruit juices. So boring...Any other recommendations?

hey edde
congrats! guess the scan is always the only thing that can console mummies with bad ms
happy.gif

hey QQ
i know wat it is now, thanks!
oh and by the way, think its too early to eat birdnest now, some pple say it goes to the mummy now, anyway i started..hehe
im still considering whether to save to buy cordyceps at end of 2nd trim to bu bb...
hey karen
welcome. wow can tell its a bb boy at 12th week, thats early! congrats!

Welcome Karen

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Btw, has anyone gone for antenatal classes yet? Thinking of attending those classes and possibly pre-natal yoga classes too.

Used to be an avid sports lover. Now, my hubby seems to restrict me from doing most exercises. Now, I only go for occassionally walks in the evenings (if I can still find the energy after work).

Anyone planning to take no pay leave or leave work temporarily before EDD? How early do we have to do that? 2 weeks before EDD?

Read that some of you have also gone for the fetal test. For me, it was quite easy. Doctor says baby very cooperative. In right position and moves / stay still when required. And edde, there seems to be a "hotdog" in between the legs. Will be more confirmed when we reach five months. Doctor says baby's skin in the neck line is thin and nasal bone is well-formed. So, very low-risk of ds. Can see the limbs and features quite well. Doctor and I were bemused when my hubby exaggerated that he could even see that the baby looks very much like him!!!

As for food, my taste buds do not seem to gel well with bland and soupy stuff. I love soup but usually I will take food with more acute tastes (such as mee siam) and sometimes ordering another soup to go with.

As I am very new to this forum, I have much to learn from all from you. So, do feel free to drop me a message! =)

hi edde(edde),
u so funny, "no hotdog"....haha....
so our both edde is expecting bb princess? oh mine, i like gal sooo much leh...anyway, just hope that my boy is growing well...
happy.gif
Btw, edde, is your vomiting better? mine still bad!

have been really busy these few days...been loaded with so much work and have to carry laptop back to work
sad.gif
feel like quitting, but no means ah!

hi odie, thanks for sharing info on blood pressure. I didn't think the headaches could be due to that, or even link nausea to it. Maybe you are right. will ask my gynae about it, next time i see him.

hi karen, welcome. hope you have a nice and smooth preg.
happy.gif

Hi, my first time posting a message here. My EDD is on 27 Mar 07. Gynae is same as Tricia, Dr K T Tan at KKH.

Understand that most of you take multi-vits, calcium, etc. I was only given Folic Acid and anti-ms pills. Not sure if its necessary to take any other supplements as well. But I have a big problem swallowing pills, hence, I don't think I can swallow the other pills especially when I am still having quite a terrible morning and evening sickness.

Hi Karen
I have tried Oat Milk - Magnolia, tasted like horlicks. If you like horlicks, you may like this. It's gd for baby too ;p

Does anyone got acne problem on backs? Any advice can share?

Olene

welcome.

Lynn,

i also got acne problem on the back. Used to be slight acne only, but since preg getting worse. Also no solution. Anyway too tired with MS to bother about skin condition now.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan </TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Thanks, gals.

So far so good. Hopefully, I will stop feeling nauseous soon.

I was given anti-ms pills (metoclopramide) but did not take it as I am afraid it will have side effects on the bb.

Btw, I visited this site which is quite useful. http://www.justmommies.com/
In it, you will be able to chart up your very own pregnancy calendar. Everyday, I learn that something new is developing inside it. So exciting!
happy.gif

Olene, like some of the other gals, I also took the vit. pills with strong tasting beverages like milo, soy milk and chocolate milk, so as to sort of overpower the smell and taste of the pills. My problem with swallowing them is so bad that even with the beverages, I will still need to bite them into smaller pieces (or my hubby will crushed them into powder for me every morning).

On the other hand, gals, I've started a new thread on clothing headaches for first time mtbs. Do add in your comments!

hi Lynn and Belle,

Both of u also got back acne problem?
I also have serious back acne problem.. no matter what i do it just keep coming back..
I didnt had this while i was having my first baby.. so i guess this could be different sex therefore resulting in the hormone?
any of u confirm your baby's gender?

Thanks lots!
just join this forum..
my EDD 28th March 2007, Doctor Wen Lim from Mt A

Hello to all mummies &amp; mtb in this thread,

Been recommeded by my ex-colleague about this website.

I am currently in my 12th weeks.

Wonder how Belle and Eddy know the gender of their bb at this stage, cos I too am really anxious to find out the gender of mine.

Freda, welcome! So u are another experienced mom. Do share u tips with us. any tips for ms?? really phobic of drinking liquid, after drinking, feel that the liquid is just swimming around the stomach and refuse to go down. But have to drink more because urine is really getting more yellowish each day. But at night i avoid drinking, coz will vomit more.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim </TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi belle,
i am one of those unlucky ones that suffer from terrible morning sickness.. whether for my first or second pregnancy.
What i do is to keep small meal every few hours instead of eating too full..
hoping that since this is my 12th week.. the morning sickness should go away around week 14th to 16th so another couples of week to go..

Dolly,

during the OSCAR scan, the person told me that she guess 60% is girl. Then when i saw my gyane, she also said 60% girl. I think they could not see the "hotdog" so that is how they determine.

Freda, ya i am looking forwar to week 16, i believe it will be the end of the MS
happy.gif
keeping my fingers crossed.

Belle,

I am really a sotong mtb, cos i went for a scan yesterday but i only knew the scan was to check my bb risk of getting down syndrome. I wasnt even sure if that was a OSCAR scan.

Dolly,
nevermind we are all blur because 1st pregnancy.

I thought of adding in the info on current pregnancy. So if it is not right, pls update me.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Belle,

Thanks for assuring that I am not alone. My EDD is 29 Mar, Gynae Dr Karolyn Goh, Raffels Hospital, 1st pregnancy.

Now i know my scan yesterday is called a first trimester scan or OSCAR Scan. Oh, now i feel so terrible that i didnt ask the doctor about the gender of my bb.

Hi Dolly

i also didnt ask about the gender, the gynae volunteer to tell me. So don feel terrible. anyway not confirmed so wait for 16th week then it will be more certain.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

welcome all new mummies!!!

hi belle! cheers to our princesses!!! i have been calling my bb "princess" ever since i know she is a gal hee hee... and thx for adding all the details to the table! so much work from u!

anyway, canteen fd is terrible... i really pity preg mummies who have to take canteen food either in sch or work place... taking the rite food is hard enuf, not to mention the limited choice and yucky food from the canteen!!! haha... but when u have no choice, boh bian lor...
sad.gif

am on mc for the rest of the wk... doc said my MS cld be stress-induced... think for me its school-induced... waking up early in the morning waiting to MS to work up is a torture.. physically and mentally
sad.gif

hi odie! yeah! at least now i have a more defined target in mind! my hubby is a boy-blue, ggal-pink person
sad.gif
but i prefer to buy neutral colour like yellow so that it cld be recycled for the 2nd one in case its a boy!! save $$!! but my hubby is more "troubled" with the tot that he has to play barbie doll and jia jia jiu with our princess next time.. haha...

hi pinky! thx! u r rite man! i was still suffering from MS on my way to the gynae.. but miraculously, MS kinda went off once i was there! and totally fine when i saw the gynae! dats why when gynae asked me if i need mc for the next 2 wks, i went dumbfounded coz at that instance, i felt perfectly fine! haha!! so in the end, i just thick-skinly asked for mc for the rest of the wk. but he is very kind. he said anytime i need a rest just go over and take mc from him... and true enuf, i feel better and more assured now... i am wondering if it cld be the anxiety in us that induces MS. y'know before the scan i was so worried abt the well-being of the bb??!! hm... wonder if its so...

hi doggy! sorry to hear abt yr ms... can imagine wat u r going thru... i am so thankful that bb is healthy and normal despite all my vomiting, though i must say i am also quite disappt dat its not a boy. thou i like gals better, i want my gal to have a gor gor...
sad.gif
but anyway, healthy can liao !!! i really felt so relieved when i heard my bb's heartbeat again! and to see she has grown so much! hang on there yeah! i am sure by teh next time u c yr bb on the scan again, yr ms will go away!! *hugz*

hi dolly! when gynae did the scan, he tried to look in btn the legs! but if the legs are not opened (like my bb's), then he will have to look from the buttocks backview. he said if there is a "hotdog", its obviously a boy, but if u c "3 lines", its a gal. guess the lines are the vagina. but like my hubby said, gynae is still not 100% sure, maybe coz there is still a chance for "little bro" to grow! haha!! anyway, gynae said when i go for a detailed scan in 3 wks time when i am 16wk, prediction shld be 90%! let's see if "hotdog" has grown then! haha...

thx all for being there for me when i feel terrible...
happy.gif
i feel so much beter now... think the scan works wonders for me... guess with the anxiety built up, it triggers our ms.. but its simply so coz we care so much for our bbs!!

* Pepper - Thanks for all the hard work in updating the table. Cheerios!!

Look like 95% of us are first-time mummies. Haha...my GF (just gave birth to a one-month old boy) was telling yest that she finds pregnancy is so much easier than motherhood. I think I have to agree with her. So enjoy...in another 6 more months, we will be very very busy.

Something to share. My hubby dreamt that we had a bb girl with lots of hair. Very pretty little angel. Haha...I was smiling in the car hearing what he said. So sweet.

People says that mother have special insinst on the gender of the bb. Any gals experience that?

hi taysetsuri! i used to "feel" that mine is a boy leh...
sad.gif
haha... but according to the old wives tales i heard..

1. dreams are usually opposite. my mum-in-law dreamt i had a boy.

2. appetite big = gal, small = boy. but this one i feel its not accurate, coz our appetite is now affected by ms. and i have a friend who had big appetite but has a boy leh...

3. linear nigra (<-- dunno how to spell), the line down across yr tummy. the more obvious earlier, the high chance for a boy.

4. sweet tooth = gal, salty pref = boy (true for me!)

5. likes meat now = boy, likes veg now = gal. (not true for me leh..)

6. bad skin = boy, gd skin = gal (not true for me also, i nvr had so many pimples on my face in my life!)

gals, anymore old wives' tale to share?

wow.. looks like i'm the only one expecting the 2nd one..

my scan will be next monday.. i am hoping to know the baby gender then. will keep everyone update
happy.gif

Wow, our forum board here is expanding with more and more new mums joining us, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Let's share and support each other along the way and hope everyone will have a healthy baby!

Agree that a healthy baby is most important! My first one was a boy and so I hope to have a girl this time round for a good mix and also to dress her up. But even if this one turns out to be a boy again.... I want to close factory liao. My boy is too hyper and quite a handful. Can you imagine, 1st one a boy, 2nd a boy and if try for a 3rd one and still a boy. Pengz ah!

Taysetsuri... yup actually you will miss being pregnant once the baby is out. Especially the first 2 months or so when you are still struggling with a newborn. I almost slipped into depression when my boy was born. Told my hubby I rather stay pregnant forever... cos I can say I am a mummy but don't have to put up with the crying, fussing and night feeding... muwahahhha.

Instinct about the gender... hmmmm. Quite accurate for me. I wanted a girl last time but knew from beginning it will be a boy. And it was true. I have a feeling that this one will be a boy again! Guess I will find out at the next scan.

edde,

so good u are on one week MC
I thought of being preg if i become a teacher but now i think about it seriously, it is tough to be preg when being a teacher, still got to prepare for lessons, conduct lessons, mark books aiyo....and feel bad about takibng leave or MC because will delay the pupils. So kudos to u.

i definitely think stress can induce MS and if we have something else occupying our mind, we will temporarily forget MS. like u, when i see the gynae, i feel well and during the scan too. So how i wish i can see the gynae every moment
happy.gif
whenever i feel sick,i go and see doctor, i will momentarily feel well in the clinic, psychologically we feel the doctor is taking care of the situation and we not so worried.

i don't believe in the maternity instinct. i thought i will have a boy but now 60% girl. so i am so confused. cannot get used to calling my baby princess yet.

edde, enjoy ur one week MC
happy.gif

Freda... I'm a 2nd time mummy just like you. Realise that my details not up yet... here it is:

Edd: 30 Mar
Dr: Dr Lim Teck Chye
Hospital: Gleneagles
2nd baby!

Edde.... here's one to share from my mum. She swore that she tried it for all 3 of us and very accurate. I tried it for my first baby... and got it right too. Go back to your mum's place and randomly pick up a bunch of chopsticks. If its even number it will be a girl... odd will be a boy. Have fun!

Back