(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

hi tricia
i didnt bring my omega3 out, looks quite big to me tho.
hey doggymar
i look skinny for a preggie mum, even the nurse said that. can feel a tiny bump but people wont notice. oh my gender not confirmed, was guessing since saw no birdie but gynae said too early too tell.

Hi cherylasu,
i wasnt offered any VIP card leh, she told me must spend $500 (combined receipts) thean can be their VIP. Are you being offered to be one?

hi pinkypink,
you are skinny so cant see...for me, i'm fat so cant tell i'm pregnant...haha. tho weight has ot been increasing, my arms and thigh are growing each day
sad.gif

btw, when are your next checkup mummies? guess shld be able to see the gender soon....
happy.gif

Hi Cherylasu,

If that's the case, think my next appt with my gynae (15th Sept), i also won't be able to know the sex of my baby....
happy.gif

Btw, do anyone know where to buy cheap maternity clothes? thanks.
happy.gif

Hi Pinkdaisy,
you are right, birdnest need to be double boiled and not cook in slow cooker. Me also boil the bird nest myself...

as for the bra, wear already dun think can change right?

Hi Yiong See Yee,
some can see the gender at around 13th week. alot of pple said boy is easier to detect, not sure how true. For mine, it was detected at week 15th, so, hopefully the rest of you can see too....

hi pinky, in fact i am very frustrated now... my ms kinda went away last week. and i was so happy. last wkend, it came back again... i am very very frustrated with my condition. i really wonder when it will go away !!! very angry. i hate this feeling. now i feel nauseous aft every meal, every minute, every second. and its affecting me a lot! i am so glad its sch hols now.. hopefully it will go away when i return to sch next wk when i am in my 13th wk.
sad.gif

tricia, before i realised my preg, i went to do hot yoga. it was only days aft that then i realised i am a few wks preg! my hubby said i almost killed the baby in the heat!

thx all for sharing similar concerns.... mummies do worry a lot huh... sigh... so hard to be a mummy...

for those who have gone shopping, do you see maternity skirts? i am not a pants person. so i wonder if they sell skirts too. it seems like most preggy women wear pants. maybe skirts and loose tops dun look nice tog..

hi edde,
i bought all the skirts too coz i dun wear pants at all! they are all available at those maternity shops. As for me, exactly like you...ms stop exactly at 12th week and it comes back after few days. Now, i'm still vomitting and feeling nauseous at week 16th....sign!

hey gals i'm new here...glad to read about all your wonderful experience & "lessons to share".
I just change a new gynae & 2molo is my 1st appt with him, quite nervous about it

EDD: 22/Mar/07

hi edde
you're alr in 13 week like me...same here was feeling better since last thur but ms came back yest and today, hard time keeping food down, very deprived of food - good food.

Hi Belle,
Yup, I do drink warm bird nest except only for once, I forgot all about it and no choice have to put it in the fridge and drink the next day and I suddenly found that cold bird nest also not bad taste...heehee

I once heard from my colleague that she will boil bird nest every week and then put it in the fridge and then scoop half a bowl to drink every nite until she delivers. I'm not sure whether did she exaggerates it.

Hi doggy,
How much did u spend at Perfect Mum? I heard the girls said that they have silver and gold card. Silver card is like spend above $350 and entitled to 15% discount whereas gold card is to spend above $500 and entitled to 20% discount. Their VIP card is lifetime provided the shops are still around...heehee

And Hi cherylasu,
Of course, I was given their VIP card after spending sooooo much, but quite troublesome lor, coz' got to go back to their shop to collect the card, they cannot post it to you.

doggy, so u wear skirts with the loose top eh? a bit funny hor??

so far i have been wearing doll dresses.. but very hard to find as tummy grows bigger (due to baby and FATS!), now i cant even fit into some L size dresses. i also on the bah bah side. in fact i put on 3 kg liao! i am now weighing 61kg at 1.6m.. FAT! there was once i went shopping, then this auntie asked me how many mths i am preg. i asked her to guess and she said 5mths! at that time i was only 2.5 mths preg lor! so u can imagine...

pinky, i should be in 12 weeks. my EDD is now 16 mar. but i din want to trouble bellepepper to change for me so i leave the EDD as it is first estimated... i really hope our ms will go away completely soon!!!!

Belle, the eys sales is saying to keep in fridge, dun think is freezer.

I bot some maternity pants and denim skirt from Spring cos my fren has lent me her discount card. Generally i think maternity clothes are exp. now recently bot a few dresses and skirt from m)phosis and pepper plus. Hopefully these few can delay the process of spending too much on maternity clothes. Now more concern abt the bra. Dunno whether to get one or two size bigger or get non underwired bra sighhh

Welcome Lynn_Angel

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Edde: your EDD is now delayed? Maybe ur ms came back because it is school holiday and your mind is not occupied so u tend to think about MS?

Edde &amp; Pinky: I am so scared. MS go away already can come back. aiyo...i hope u get over it soon and enjoy good food again.

So long never come in,..,sorry for the long posting..hehe.

QQ: Thanks for your advise. hehe.. i will look further into this hashima. I took hashima once when i was coughing very badly... but its quite yucky leh.. soft soft one... hehe.. but if good for baby, i will considering taking it.

Taysetsuri: Thanks for you advise. I will be careful and check with the gynae on when can be consumed and what cannot. But i was told that its best not to "Pu"(nourish) during the 1st trimester cos baby not stable yet and if u eat too much nourishing stuff might cause miscarriage. Which is why stuff like bird nest, hashima and all other nourishing stuff etc can only be consumed from the 2nd trimester onwards.
I have started using stretch mark cream liao.. have posted in my earlier reply. I started using when i was week 7 or 8. KS right..heheh. I am using Coco stick from Body Shop.. recommened by my girlfriends. Its in a stick form, easy to apply, so i dun get any on my hands.

Taysetsuri,belle:I think the clothes from Spring maternity is not bad, nice design too.. and they seem to be slightly cheaper as compared to Thyme,swell 9mois, perfect mum etc. Maternity jeans at about $69 at Spring which is cheaper as compaed to the other shops which sells at at least $89 plus.. U can get their discount card (10% discount) if u spend about $100 dollars. Good thing is this card has not expiry date. Dorthory Perkin(DP) also has a small range of maternity clothes.. if u need simple tops, can get at DP, i think its cheaper. And if u have the fashion fast forward card, its 20% discount.

doggy, Taysetsuri: i read from some of the presvious threads here that u can get the clarin oil at chinatown for a cheaper price as compared to getting it from the clarin counter.

Pinkypink: u seem to have lost a lot of weight leh. Is ur appetite good?? I also have no weight gain as of today.. still the same weight *sigh*. But gynae say still ok, no need to worry.
ur baby so cute, still suck thumb. When i went for my scan, i only saw my baby "waving" to me.. hehe.
I have been on folic, obimin(which is the multivit), calcium and DHA (my one is DHA with Prolacta for Mummy) since my 1st gynae visit. Gynae say he is the more KS type, so prescibed so many for me right from the beginning. I am on calcium pills cos i told gynae at the 1st visit that i cannot tahan drinking milk, so he prescibed calcium to me. But so far, no constipation leh. But i do hear that taking calcium pills can make u thirsty so u will drink more water.
My DHA pills can only be bought at the clinic.. i ran out of it once and i went to all the pharmacy but they dun stock that brand that i take, so i can only buy it from my gynae.
my baby also about same length as u..abt 7.58cm, and my NT measurement is 1.4.such a relief to clear this 1st hurdle.

Tricia: I think its best that u avoid the supplements and pills from GNC for now. My gyane also advise me not to take any other supplement outside without conulting and checking with him. He did say that some of the vitamins and supplement from GNC is not suitable for us pregnant mummies. So becareful ok.

edde, cherylasu, tricia: i also super paranoid. Maybe cos i am currently not working, so too much time, end up think too much. So super scared baby will have problem.. think we over worry lah.
I drink hard liquor at the time when i didn;t know i was pregnant. I was so scared that it will hard the baby after i tested positive.
i have started talking to my tummy now.. hehe.. whever i feel nauseous, i will talk to baby, ask baby how come make mummy nauseaous.. heheh :p

QQ: how to qualify for the EuYangSheng VIP card? How much discount can u get from the card?

Giolyn: ya i also heard about the advise to wear bra without underwire. I have stopped wearing my underwired bra and all the new bras that i have bought are non-underwire. Advise given to be is that if u continue to wear underwire, u might bruise and strain ur milk glands/ducts and it might cause infection and milk production might stop. This is esp important to be careful if u need to do breastfeeding later on.

Hi hi, this thread moves quite fast ya. Can't really catch up.
happy.gif

Starfruit,
I forgot how much I bought (maybe about $300-400) to qualify for the eys discount. With the card, you have 5% discount for all regular items. However, you will be given birthday vouchers during your birthday month and another first time discount upon card approval. I'm now holding on to my form, as I do not know what to buy yet.

Some discounts like:
birdnest (raw) various grades 15%
cordyceps 10%
HAshima 15%
chicken essense 15%
ginger wine 20%
bottled birdnest 20%
prepacked herbal soup range 20%
etc

I heard that birthday month has better discounts but I'm not sure if its true. sometimes, eys has promotional item every month (1 item at a time).

Dear all:
I am very blur now. I heard from my mum and mil that 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester cannot BU. birdnest and hashima ok but no others. They only BU me in the 1st trimester. Nothing much, just a few times of chicken soup (Chicken essence actually, not really soup. That's all. So basically, we follow what our mum and mil told us, very hard to decide what to eat also.

Hi gals,

I've been lurking around for the past few weeks and would like to join in.
This is my 2nd pregnancy. I've got a 20 mth old gal. My EDD is 19 Mar 07. Gynae is W K Tan.

For my first pregnancy, I've not taken much BU, only a few times of bird's nest and cordyceps in my last trimester. In fact, my doctor does not recommend taking any chinese tonics in the 1st trimester. After that, she said bird's nest and others if the older folks insist, just take a little
happy.gif

hi starfruit
my appetite has been bad, but last nite i suddenly kept thinking about noodle/bee-hoon with sweet sauce and fish cake, and i really have it this morning - my first proper breakfast, and it tasted good, for the first time. im hope my appetite will improve from here. Th calcium and DHA pills look big, i dun dare to eat first. still taking folic and multivits (break into 1/2).
i didnt notice some actions of bb, its the 'technician' who describe to me then i notice
happy.gif

hey ladies
i saw this 'premium' birdnest in EYS - sweeten, low sweet and no sweet. 1 bottle is $60+ (can take 3 times only). wonder whether its good. the normal ones are $35. Is birdnest without sugar awful? my sugar level a bit hi so thinking of cutting down on that.
hey QQ,
some say 1st trim only mum is taking the food, bb eating from reserve. 2nd trim onwards bb start to take mummy's nutrients, maybe thats why start to bu from 2nd trim.

welcome blueberries

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

bellepepper, thx for updating my EDD. so nice of u to take the trouble to update for all of us
happy.gif

maybe you r rite... staying at home can really make one think too much... i have been wanting to be a SAHM, but now i really wonder if i canstand couping at home everyday!! haha....

yesterday i tried listening to 92.4 when i was feeling the nausea, and amazingly, it seemed to help! aft that i felt better! haha... dunno if its really theraputic effect working or purely coincidental!! maybe some of u can try and let me know !! haha

i told my mum abt my ms return. she said maybe its becoz i ate grapes... coz i had been eating grapes the last few days... looks like wrong food can really trigger ms back.... *faint*

Pinkypink,
Ya ya, I also heard that. They kept saying that its for me, BU me only. not for bb. they said bb no need to BU, otherwise too big next time.
anyway, Looking forward to get rid of my ms. I am still having it.

My oscar test is tomorrow.
happy.gif
scared scared.

Hi hi edde, talking about grapes. I was ask not to eat too much grapes (unless you peel off the skin).

My mil said eating too much grapes will cause bad skin to bb since it has chemicals on the grape skins. She ate too much grapes last time.

Sorry if this scares any of you, but I believe it might be true. Her daughter (my sil)'s skin condition is really bad. So, pls peel off the skin first before eating.

anyone knows if we can take mango??

edde: i tried listening to 92.4 once.. my MS didn;t subside, instead, i fell asleep immeditaley for 3 whole hrs while the radio continued playing classical music...hehe.. dunno whether baby enjoyed but i think 92.4 will trigger my sleep mode..hehe:p

pinkpink: what u mean by premium bird nest? how come can only take 3 times? u mean the quanity in the bottle is only enuff for u to consume 3 times?

Hihi, I'm new here although actually I have been lurking for quite a while. Hmm, I'm one of those lucky ones with practically no ms except for the very ocassional mild feelings of nausea usually after brushing my teeth. But I puked for the first time today, after brushing my teeth. I realise that my throat has become very sensitive to stimulation, a little toothpaste also makes me pukey. Then again, it might be my electric toothbrush so I'm going to switch to a normal one tmr. sigh... thought I can avoid puking altogether... and I have to pick the bits of duck skin off the floor cause I didn't turn to the toilet bowl in the time. (sorry for being gross :p)

My EDD is 9th March and my gynae is Christopher Chong but I haven't really selected a hospital to go to yet.

Starfruit, mango should be fine, the only fruits that I have heard that you shouldn't eat are pineapple, banana and "luku bansa" (eh, those things that look a little like longan outside but have several pieces of fleshy fruit inside with small seeds in each slice.)

Welcome Mejo

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi starfruit,
the staff said the quality is better and more birdnest, its those that can be taken in spoonful i think, i bottle can eat up to 3 times. $60+per bottle. unlike the normal ones, 1 bottle per time, but 6 bottles per pack at $35-$40.

Bellepepper,
thank you soo much for your assurance. I also know that I have to keep a positive mind. I am trying my best not to worry too much. Somehow I have become a little of a worrywart eversince pregnant, maybe it's hormonal. My hb used to complain that I was too carefree, now he says I am too kan cheong. Hahaha..

edde,
I m curious..what is hot yoga. From your post, I suppose you work out in heat? That's amazing.

Lynn Angel,
Why did you change your gynae? The previous one is no good? I also changed my gynae. The first one was Lim Yuin Wen from MT Alvernia. Wasn't comfortable with her clinical smile. She also can't be bothered to explain what she was doing (she took a vaginal swap test, I only knew she took the test a few days later when her reception called to tell me the results!). I switched to KT Tan from KKH. So far very comfortable with her but dun like the services at KKH. Many of my friends who were at KKH told me the same. For example, she was in the labour ward. Shortly after her gynae left, a nurse came in and wanted to give her an injection. Luckily she was sober enough to ask her what for and why. Nurse then realised she made a mistake. The injection was for another patient. No apologies from her for that. Another friend told me that her baby cried really loud and the nurse who was in charge of her baby actually scolded her baby in front of her! She was too tired after the labour to complain about the nurse. What was worse was before her delivery. Her labour was oxytocin induced, the nurse turned on full tap such that a lot of oxytocin was given at a fast rate instead of increasing it gradually. Her baby's heartbeat dropped by half and 3 doctors rushed in to standby for emergency delivery. Luckily, after adjustment on the drip, her baby's heartbeat went up slowly again. The nurse denied turning on the drip to full...hianz so scary rite?

Starfruit,
I think I will take your advice...I will not take the omega 3 from GNC. I will wait for my next appointment to request from my gynae.

Mejo,
Why can't we take "luku"? Is it too cooling? Just really curious.

Pinkypinky, QQ,
Does those bottled bird's nest contains preservatives?

Hi Tricia,

Aiyo..the way you described about your friend's incident at KKH is so horrible. If she is not sober enough to ask the nurse what is the injection for, then what will be the outcome? And the drip they given her, so endangered the life of the bb, so scary just thinking about it. May I ask why are you then so brave to still go to KKH after you have heard the stories of your friend? Aren't you scared? And looking at the chart here, it seemed like you are the only one at KKH. Anyway, here is a piece of advice I heard from my colleague before that if you want to deliver at KKH and enjoy good services, then please choose the single-bedded ward, the nurse will then give you special treatment.

hey tricia
not sure, i dun think so since its premium. im getting the normal ones 6 pack at $29.90 each promo VIP price now. my mil said can spread out before and after birth. birdnest is more for complexion only. mroe important are things like cordyceps, heard bb will be strong if we drink this.

*hi pinkpink, 3 tubes of blood? i only took one for osacar leh. i'm one of those who hates needles. in fact, i've never had my blood drawn from my arm until now. i was oh so worried every since Joycelyn told me abt the blood test... but it wasnt so bad after all. neglible pain leh! i'm so grateful to the nurse afterwards. hee...
btw, how were your results? ok yah? so now you can relax.

*Belle - so you're back in Sin for your mthly checkup? i also went gaga at gg<5! haha. bought 3 babydolls, 2 of which are even of the same design, just diff colours! but now i gotto wear M instead of usual S cos those breasts are just so big?! not wearing any of them yet cos i still hv a few tops to get by. but tummy's getting quite obvious and i'm left with 1 pair of pants. time for shopping...

summer sale in HK last mth yah? didnt you go shopping for preggie clothes? are they nice in hk? :>

**btw, does anyone know where to get MATERNITY SWIMSUIT? i'd better start doing some exercise besides the weekly sun walks that my hubby is going with me. i have very bad stamina... now worried abt fitness during labour! haha. advice pls!

hi QQ, yeah... its really difficult to know wat not to eat.. so now i am like a tester, trial and error lor.. haha

starfruit, frankly, i almost doze off too.. haha!!!! really too slow... wonder if my baby will turn into a slow coach if he/she listens too much to 92.4 haha! so yesterday i switched to 95. hee hee

tricia, yeah, we do hatha yoga in a heated room of 37C. quite shiok for me as i am one who seldom perspire... and the movements are easy and not so demanding
happy.gif

Dear Pinky daisy,

My friend was from the Private suite from KKH. It's services supposed to be the same as private patients. She also took the single bedded service. It was in this single room that the nurse scolded her baby. I am also taking The Private Suite with KKH. Infact, comparing the rates with other hospitals such as TMC, it is slightly steeper! But service lousier...The reason why I am going with KKH is the gynae. My ex-classmate who is a doctor now knows her very well and strongly recommends her. His wife is currently pregnant now and is also seeing her. My gynae is also the Head of Gynae department in KKH. She is very professional and I am very comfortable with her. Just worried about the services loh. I had bleeding and cramps in first trimester, hubby thinks it's impt to be with a good and experienced gynae...

Pinkypinky,
Thanks for the info. I will check the bottled ones out when I finish the current ones that I just bought..

Ok Tricia, if you cannot tolerate the services, go and complain or write complain letters or scold back the nurse to show them u r not easily bullied kind...heehee

I very fan now coz' just rec'd call from my gynae on my blood test results. She suspect I may have thalassemia, so have to go for another blood test. I hope is not something serious, please pray for me.

Hi Pinkdaisy,

No worries abt being thalassemic unless your hubby is also one 'cos than your bb may hv a chance of getting the more serious form of thalassemia, which requires regular blood transfusion. I'm a thal B minor also. In fact, my siblings are all thal. We lead normal lives.

Actually, why u need to go for another blood test? They shld be asking your hubby to go for the blood test leh.

Btw, you will need double dose of folic acid if you are confirmed thalassemic. I'm taking 4 tablets a day and have to take them throughout the entire pregnancy
sad.gif

Dear Pinkdaisy,
Dun worry so much though i understand that it can be quite difficult. Quickly go for the blood test and see what your gynae says (I know the waiting can be rather torturous ). Your gynae only suspects and nothing is confirmed yet. Like Blueberries has mentioned, there is not much to worry if your hb is not one.
I will pray for you. I am sure all will be well.

Hi Pinkdaisy,
yes, i agreed with blueberries, your hb should be the one doing the next round of blood test and not you. ANyway, dun worry, you will be fine. Me also waiting for my test results...hopefully everythign turn out well....pls pray for me too
happy.gif

hi edde(edde)
yes i wear skirt but its those straight skirt with roomy top, i find i look abit sloppy leh! my coll are say i become very "nua" not dressy anymore...haha! wat to do!

hey tricia
my mil wanted me to switch to KKH cos the facilities are better there, not sure how true is this but im really comfortable with my gynae.

Hi blueberries, Tricia and doggy,

Thanks for all your kind words. She needs me to go for another blood test is because the intial blood test only indicates that i have rather small red blood cells, so got to go for the thalassemia screening to make sure. Will go for the screening next Monday, hope everything is well. Will continue to update...

I'm so glad that we have this forum for us to share and console each other for anything that has occurs during our pregnancy. Continue praying...

Hi ladies,

My maiden post here. =) So glad there's somewhere that I can ask burning questions... Heh.

Anyway, my EDD is 8 Mar (me think) and my gynae is Brenda Low. Most likely, I'll be opting for Gleneagles.

pinkypink: i have not started on bird nest yet..maybe should be soon. I am still throwing up, no improvement even thought i am in my 2nd trimester already. *sigh*.
BTW: how often must we take birdnest? do we take all the way till the last trimester?

Everyone: i also heard cordyceps very good for us to take during pregnancy. as for what t nourish, i also dunno leh.

As asked by tricia, i also curious to know if there are preservative in the bottled birdnest. Anyone knows???
I was told to get the big big bottle one.. then take 1 spoonful at a time.. not those small bottle birdnest(in packs of 6 bottles) which u consume one bottle at a time.

Tricia, Pinkypink: my gynae was also from KKH. He only switched out last yr. The reason i went to KKH was because of this gyane..i went to him for my pre-preg check up and he was also my mum's gynae, also highly recommended by a lot of ppl. So delivery in KKH was not that a big concern for me as i went there primarily for the Gynae. When he came out to start his own practice, i just followed him as well. In my opinion, I feel the right gynae is very important, hospital service/facilities are secondary compared to the choice of gyane lah.

Mejo: Dr chong also my gynae leh.
happy.gif
so u go to his gleneagle clinic for appt or his night clinic at Bishan 8. So far, most of my appt at bishan 8 but for my next appt, need to go gleneagles cos i am doing my triple test then. What about u? doing oscar or triple test??

veryberry: I know Old navy (online) has quite nice maternity swimsuit. But u gotta ordered from their US site. However, if u want, i know some ppl sells them on yahoo auction site. Maybe u can go there to get a maternity swimsuit.
I think Kiddy palace also sells.. u might wanna go and check it out there.

BTW: anyone considering banking their baby's cord blood with Stemcord or Cordlife?? I am trying to ask around for more advice on this.

Pinkypink, everyone :
I think u dun have to worry too much. If only one of u or hubby has thalassemia (usually thalassemia minor/beta), then the chance of ur baby getting it is only 25% chance. Usually, for ppl with thalassemia, they would have known about it for a while. so if u and hubby dun know if u have it, chances r that u both should be alright. So dun worry too much k. Keep us updated on ur blood test.

Hi Tricia,
Hmm, dunno why can't take "luku", my MIL say so. I never particularly like it anyway. My MIL only tells me that because my hubby loves it and will buy like 5kg each time to finish within 2 days!

Hi Starfruit,
I go to gleneagles most of the time. Only gone to bishan once because I'm doing part-time studies at night on tuesday so... Next visit is on 23rd Sept. I'm doing the triple test. By then it would have been more than a month since I last visited Dr Chong. My last visit is 15th August, the one and only time I go for checkup on a tuesday.

Pinkdaisy,
No worry. The chances of getting Thalas. is very low, because we, chinese (asian) have less chances of having Thalas. as compared to some ang moh.

Tricia, I'm not sure about the bottled birdnest, I take only those self-boil birdnest. I had twice only so far. Will have more when I am above 7 months.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

welcome Moogen

thanks belle!!
happy.gif

starfruit - i also heard that "dang sheng" is good. is that the same as cordyceps?

and yah, i also followed my gynae who used to be from KKH but came out to start her own practice.

my friend used the services of stemcord so i might just stick to stemcord too, although i can't remember the pros and cons of the 2 service providers.

moogen: no dang sheng is not cordycep.. cordycep is "Dong(1) Chong(2) Chao(3)" literal translation means winter worm grass..hehe. its looks kinda like a dried up catepillar. Infact, i read that cordyceps is result of a fungus that grows on the body of a dead catepillar..yucky right.
Stemcord having a promo now.. if u r DBS woman's card holder, they will waive off the 1st time registration fee. i am also considering. So have u signed up yet?

Mejo: Its quite far for me to travel to gleneagles.. since i live in Upper serangoon.. so bishan is much near for me. But no choice lah.. next visit gotta go for triple test there. Hey any idea how much the triple test would cost? My next appt with him is on the 29th Spet.. end of the end.. hopefully he will be able to tell the gender of my baby by then. He tried to scan me when i saw him 2 week ago, but he say cannot see leh..hehe By the way , how did u end up with him as ur gynae?

Back