(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Hello everyone, I am in my 7 weeks pregnancy, due in March 2007, however ultrasound found that there is gestation and yolk sac but no fetal poel, any mums out there experience this or only found fetal pole after 8 weeks ???

Advice needed here.
Suspected that I am preggie, went to see gyane on 3rd week. Scanned and see nothing. Urine test done - Negative (maybe i drank alot of water before hand). Then doctor gave me a jab to induce-menses.

Does the doctor able to see any sac if I were only 3 weeks preggie?

Hi gals,

i have been throwing up so hard that i cant stand it anymore... i am visiting my gynae tmr... i know he might not be able to help much, but i am really desperate.. really sheng bu ru si...

according to my mum (who threw up for 5 straight mths last time), we are not encouraged to drink milk, milo, nor eat bread, cake if we feel nauseous coz milk induces nausea and bread and cake are hard to digest. i dunno if these are old wives' tales but for the past 2 days, i threw up the whole day just because i ate soemthing wrong. yesterday i ate banana on an empty stomach (stupid me tot that banana is energy food mah...), today i ate 2 polar sugar rolls. so for those who are suffering from bad MS like i do, maybe you wanna take note.

i have been throwing up gastric juice (i assume it is coz it tasted acidic) these 2 days... really bad...

*edde, poor thing.
on my first visit, my doc asked if my mum has bad MS, she said tt if yes, it is highly likely that i'll experience the same. i went back to ask my mum and she said hers was slight. and it turned out i'm doing ok. I guess if your mum has gone thru the same discomfort she wld be able to share some personal experience on diet and food... better heed her advice i guess. take care and rest well over the weekend!!

hi edde
u really poor thing, ask for anti-ms or stronger pills. the only energy food i can take now is milo,bread with peanut butter or biscuit. i eat very little, so afraid to vomit.
hey veryberry
maybe u are right, i havent told my mum, have not asked her yet. imagine she had to work in factory and went thru ms, feel so useless.

Hi Pinkkypink,

How about try to take some porridge or oat? Last time wehnever my gastric got problem, feel like vomit, i take oat and i feel better

Hi,
This is wat I am experience.
- 7th July, I went to see my neighbourhood gynae and was able to see pregnancy sac.
- 9th July, got brown spotting, but cos it a sunday, so I wait till next day to see a gynae.
- 10th july, my gynae did a scan for me and say cannot find any pregnancy sac, therefore, recommend a blood test for me. Get the result in the afternoon saying the I shd be pregnant with 5 wk, therefore arrange next day to see him again.
- 11th July, he did a scan and could not find the sac till 15min later, finally say can see the pregnancy sac, give me and injection and went home to rest with 1 wk MC.
- 14th July, got a bit of red spotting, so see him again, this time, he scan and say can see the sac, but it is in irregular shape. Also, my Gynae say he could not see the fosteus(bb). Give me another wk MC. Really scare me.
-19th July, Gynae say can see the Sac, the BB and could see the bb heartbeat, but when measure, he say that the BB heartbeat is slow. Threated abortion...

Now really a bit confuse abt this gynae...Is this the same for all gynae? My sister say that he is like this, but if such gynae goes ard and scare new mum like us, really cannot tahan the stress.

Can understand the fears all we MTB's go thru from the day we are preggie.
Kiddo, what abt Dr CW Lee? Where's the clinic and how's you find him/her?
Take care all MTB's

hi all,

i just went to see GP yesterday, and was tested positive base on the urine test. the doc say i am abt 6 weeks pregnant.
happy.gif

visit this forum to understand more from all experience ladies. I haven't got a gynae yet, so will be searching around for one, any recommendation?

hi carol,

think you need to relax... Too stress will aggravate the condition. When the doc gave you MC, make sure you hv complete rest okay?

Hi Carol, can fully understand how u feel. I also been scared the hell of it.

With my hubby concern, i managed to stop myself fearing to see gynae, with the fear that bad news might happen again. I looking for a new gynae, till then i find one that i can feel comfortable with.
Right now juz relax and enjoy the pregnancy.
Hi Jessie,
CW LEE is somewhere near Chinatown MRT. He is ok as heard, but still depends on individual preferences.
Hi Mist, congrats.

hi Selina,

what did ur Gynae say abt not seeing fetal pole? when will be ur next appointment?

for me when i was at 5w5d, also no fetal pole but 4 days later can see fetal pole n heartbeat. I change to another Gynae who has a more hi-tech 3D ultrasound. but the 4 days of waiting was hell to me...

if u r worried, maybe go for another checkup soon or seek 2nd opinion.

AngelBee,

u mentioned u r 3 weeks pregnant then i assume u calculate it based on the 1st day of ur last menses, then u have not really missed ur period yet right? maybe it is too early to know if u r pregnant. unless ur cycle is a very short one like 21 days...?

i suggest waiting for another week to see if u r really pregnant.

Hi Angle Bee,
Normally 3 weeks is too early to see any sac and since your P test is negative, probably you are really not pregnant. Try again, Jia you.

Hi Carol,
I think you shd quickly find a second gynae for a second opinion. If you are spotting, it doesn't spell good for the BB. Take goood care.

Hi Mummies-to-be!

Out of curiosity, wanna do a "mini poll" in this thread to gather some statistics.
hope u all will share ur interesting success stories!
happy.gif

1) how many mths u tried b4 getting preggie? (including mth u succeed)
2) what symptoms did u experience b4 ur pregnancy is confirmed?
3) when did u find out u r preggie? and what test?
4) what were ur hubby's n ur feelings then?
5) do u think u strike during ur fertile period?

Here r my answers to start the ball rolling
happy.gif

1) 4 mths
2) diarrhea, fever, gastric wind, nausea, fatigue, increase in smell sensitivity, no appetite, swollen n painful breasts, pimple (felt like menses coming)
3) 4 days after missing period, using clearblue
4) happy but also apprehensive
5) yes!

Hi
1) about 1 year
2) wake up in the middle of nite can't sleep, feel very warm, tired
3) Thought go GP get mc and some sleeping pills, ,told GP menses haven't come, do a urine test before can get medicine
4)Hubby first word "OH", speechless. Of course happy.
5) yes at the most fertile period

HI angelbee,
sometimes i take cereal drink, but sometimes i can't cos of the milk. my selection of food is a bit weird now, if eat something too often, will get sick of it and search for new one. i just bought ba guan, which helped doggymarbride to curb her nauseousness...
ok, the poll
1) since end oct last year, strike end jan but m/c in mar. this time its about 8 mths from last Oct.
2) stepped in office toilet & felt like puking. backache, breasts a bit pain.
3) tested few days before mense is due.
4) didnt say much, say must wait until everything stable then be hopeful. after seeing the heartbeat, he's getting more excited.
5) yes, during ovulation but didnt know i was ovulating until my BBT Chart say so.

Hi Apex / Pinkdaisy,

I made a mistake it shold be week 4, maybe that time really cant see anything also. Tested Strong Positive now.

I had some spotting today. Read from internet, that these are common, it may due caused by infection or polyps. Is it true? Cant wait to see gyane next week. That will week 6 of pregnancy . Hope to see something by then.

Thanks for your advice

hi ladies,
i felt very crampy feeling in the middle of last nite, very scared, but fell asleep after tat.
just now, felt a little crampy again, is this normal?

Hi AngelBee,
I'm a bit confused now coz' u earlier said that your gynae had given u a jap to induce menses, so won't this affect your P now? I think you better go and see gynae faster, not safe to wait for another week. Spotting may be serious if it is red, I ignored these kind of spotting when I was first pregnant and in the end, I lost the BB, so I hope you will be really careful.

hi gals, thx for being with me...
happy.gif

visited my gynae today, he gave me a stronger med (but still safe for preg women), vitamin B6, and 2 wks mc. he said luckily i can still drink and eat, if not he wld have to put me on drip.

i had my scan too and i finally saw the bb and heard the strong HB! phew! but only to realise that my EDD is postponed to 19 mar 2007 and my bb is just 6wks 5 days old.. think my sac is larger than normal thats why the earlier date which was derived from the sac was not accurate...so gals who are worried abt not seeing the BB nor hearing the HB, maybe its also due to the same reason. so no need to worry
happy.gif

anyhow, i am very glad i visited my gynae today. he gave me lotsa assurance and 2 wks mc for me to take ample rest... but anyhow think i will just take 1 wk first and see how... am going to stay with my parents next wk so that my mum can look aft me.. so thankful for that...

apex, here's the ans to yr survey:
we are very lucky, first time and we hit the target. >.<'''

swollen breasts, missed period, tiredness (very much! i can doze off every second)

few days aft i missed my period. clearblue after 3rd attempt its cfm.1st attempt stupid me tested before my menses date, 2nd attempt, did not absorb enuf urine for the test to carry out efficiently.
sad.gif

OMG!!! excited!! happy!!

erm.. think so...

Pinkypink,

is ur cramp very painful? if it is unbearable, i think it's better u see ur Gynae abt it to be safe. so how r u feeling today? still got cramp.

Wow Edde!!!
u first time hit target ah! that's really fertile of u n hubby!

Hi Apex, such an interesting mini-survey. :> here you go:
abt 3 mths, but strik after i used ClearBlue Ovulation test kit for the first time! i will be recommending to all friends! hee.

swollen breasts, hunger (every few hours), fatique (very tired all the time!) and breathlessness.

abt 1.5 weeks aft i missed my period using Clearblue.

We were slightly in denial at first. Bought the test kit but didnt test after abt 5 days later cos we know our lives/lifestyle will have to change forever if positive... but v happy afterwards. :>

definitely! like they say, it's not how much u do it, but WHEN u do it! :>

hi apex! erm.. yeah..*paisay* coz before that we practiced contraception (not on pills), and aft we decided to start a family, we also din have much time to do it lah...from first try till the day i realised i am preg, i think we only tried twice.. then my hubby very funny, he actually remembered the date we first tried and when we counted backwards, it should be it lor.. hee hee :p

oh yeah.. another funny thing abt my hubby.. he actually intends to keep an account of the amount we spent on the baby and show it to our child when he/she grows up.. He said it will be gd if he/she will pay him back... so far, the baby owes him $409.50 >.<'''

Hi Pinkdaisy,

Spotting colour are like menses kind of colour &amp; amt increase. Had laproscopy done 3 months back, not sure if these are the 'old blood'.

Went to see GP yday nite, he say there might be possibilty :- 1) Viginal infection 2)old blood of earlier op. 3)threaten miscarrige 4)Ectopic pregnancy.

Contacted the gyane, will be meeting him at his clinic later to give me a scan. Hope everything turns out to be all right.

Pinkypink, so long that the cramps are bearable, it should be alrite. From a book I read, it states that cramps may be due to the enlargement of the uterus. I do have these at times and did ask my gynae about it during my last visit. Thatz his explaination too. You may like to check with your gynae if there is any worries. Do take care. Rest well.

Carol, I agree with pinkdaisy. Perhaps itz good that u get a 2nd opinion from another gynae. Provide the gynae about the updates from 1st gynae and see what the 2nd gynae says. All the best.

Something about taming morning sickness. Itz the simplest and easiest to follow among the rest. (Info. available via magazine - Young Parents Jul06 issue).

'Ginger - Use ginger in dishes, or grate a fresh piece and steep it as a tea. Peppermint - Peppermint is especially good at relieving nausea; try peppermint sweets. Lemons - Add a slice of lemon to your water glass, and keep a fresh-cut one on hand to inhale the scent.'

I tried out the peppermint sweet this few days, it work at times. Of coz, having to take in moderation (not too much).

Not a 'ginger' person, so I din try out on this. Not so hardworking to buy and cut the lemon, so din try out this also. But did take lemon sweets at times too, not too bad. =)

Hey thanks Gals for the interesting answers to the poll!
it's always nice to learn more abt how other couples r doing n if we r in the norm or not haha!
happy.gif

ya agree that timing plays the most important part for conception to take place but i have pple telling me it is not accurate to rely on ovulation so must try like everyday! but how to? so tiring! lucky i never believe cos when it comes to intimacy, i believe quality counts more than quantity n baby-making should not be too mechanical cos it can kill the fun and intimacy.

edde,
it's good to keep a record of the expenses that we spent on baby... not say to ask baby to pay back but more for ur own future reference. so far i've spent $700 on 4 visits. super ex!

veryberry,
we were like u when my pregnancy is confirmed. it's true life will change once baby enters our life. at times, i will wonder if we should have more couple time n have a baby later... but many mothers told me that the joy of having a child is way above everything n worth all sacrifices made... let's hope so...

HI gals, i have seen Dr Caroline and she is fantastic. She was so friendly, patient and answered all my questions. Spent like 1 hour with me. Did the scan at week 7 day 1 and saw and heard the bb HB also, so cute. The nurses are also very nice people not like some clinics where they can be rude. Overall experience is so pleasant.

I am also going for the OSCAR and detailed fetal scan which total to about $400 plus. Then take the package with Caroline for $598 and then the one-bedded delivery charge inclusive of hospital and doctor's fee is around $3,200. Wah so much $$$.

Kiddo :I will strongly recommend her to u if u are looking for someone who is patient and caring. Very detailed.

And she also prescribed a very good anti-ms medicine for me. although a bit gross, have to insert into the anus but painless and effect last 24 hours and take effect within 15 mins. So now i can eat more and don feel nausea. So edde you should ask ur gynae to prescribe for u if u think u having a tough time with MS.

serious trying for 3 mths

swollen breasts that did not disappear nearer to expected AF

one day before AF is due using Clearblue.

i shouted at him to see the Clearblue kit and we hugged each other in disbelief.

Yes i did one day before my LH surge and on the day of LH surge and the next 2 days as well.

Hi Apex

Gynae says at 7 weeks, no fetal pole and sac measured only 10mm, not normal , may be abnormal and may miscarriage. seeing her tues ( 1/8) and see how ???

Hi Apex
Who is your gynae ?
Please let me have the name , address and tel number, maybe want to go for another opinion

Hi Selina,

my current Gynae is Dr SC Chew at Mount E.
Mt Elizabeth Medical Centre
#17-10
Tel: 67340800 / 67340441
8.30am to 4.30pm Mon-Fri
8.30am to 12.00pm Sat
** FYI, his charges r quite ex (min $180 for 1st visit) n he delivers in Mt E only.

Dun worry too much okie. i guess if u wanna see him earliest is tomorrow if can fit in ur appmt.
when i saw Dr Chew the 1st time, i let him know my situations n that i wanna seek a second opinion. he was very patient as he listened to me n i probably sounded upset n worried then. his ultrasound has 3 screens n can see 3D images. i woud say his skills r very good cos he saw my baby's heartbeat though was weak n played back to let us see!

by the way, do u experience any pregnancy symptoms now? any bleeding etc?

Hi Apex,

I was dignose to have low progestrone resulting the bleeding. Jabs and med. givehn.

Guess, I will have to leave this to fate. What is mine is mine, what is not mine, will not be mine.

hi edde,
great to hear u are ok. i tried not to depend on the anti-ms pill too much by not eating it everyday but have been feeling bad since last evening. i tried to eat but seriously very little. i just told my mum, she said she had bad appetite when she was having me, and ate more when she was having my bro. looks like mine could be a girl.
Hi BBchew,
thanks for info on 'crampiness' and what to eat, i just bought Boh peppermint tea - naturally no caffeine, hope it helps.
btw my mum said mummies can 'pu' their bodies so that they will be strong thru-out, cos what we eat from 2nd trim will all go to the babies. are u ladies eating anything 'pu' now?

Hi AngelBee,

i'm not sure if my Gynae has diagnosed i have low progesterone or not. but i had been given Gestrenol, Hormone Injection and Duphaston which i am still taking now.
when my 1st Gynae didn't detect baby HB at 5w6d, she gave me Gestrenol.
2nd Gynae give me hormone injection + 1wk MC cos at 6w3d, my sac is like kidney-shaped. told me it is hormone support for my pregnancy and to help prevent miscarriage...

when i had brown discharge (last less than 1 day), i was given another 1 wk MC.

AngelBee, i can empathise with u n hope all will be fine too... just take good care of urself and have plenty of rest cos my Gynae said sometimes rest is what we need.

hi bellepepper, so you gave up on the hk docs and came back to sin for checkup? yeah, the nurses at ACJ are so giggly and happy all the time they make mtbs happy as well. :> hee.

Good morning Apex,

Besides the jab, med. will be Duphaston. Do we have to take the med. till full term?

Saw the sac, day, just like apple seed. Gynae did not mentioned abou the HB. Hope it;s fine. When the HB can be detected?

Thanks for your encouragement. Yday was too negative.
I should take plentiful of rest. cos my job quite 'kan cheong' have to walk here and there, around the yard and up &amp; down the stairs.

Hi veryberry, yes i gave up on hk docs will fly back to singapore every month for check up now.

can you share your package with joycelyn with me?
Mine is $598 from week 12 and delivery including hospital stay is $3,200. Based on TMC website which says that per day stay is $350 and normal delivery is $1,778, my gynae fees are $3,200-$350x2-$1778 =$722 for delivery , sounds very reasonable.

AngelBee,
i'm not sure if i've to take Duphaston till full now. hope not. anyway i'll run out of supplies before my next appmt on 12 Aug (will be @ 11w1d then)

for me, @ 5w6d, Gynae dint see fetal pole so no HB but 4 days later @ 6w3d, saw a weak HB no blood flow to heart. @ 7w3d, HB stronger n had blood flowed to it. which week r u @ now?

Maybe it's good to ask ur Gynae to give u 1 week MC to rest... mine said that best not to walk too much cos blood will flow to ur muscles rather than ur baby... if need to walk also walk slowly on flats... take care okie!
happy.gif

Apex,

Ask you har, does the blood stop immediately after you took the jabs and medicine? Cos till today, I have have some blood (like menses blood), not as much as before. I'm still worried if I am normal.

menses come on 18 Jun, should be on exactly week 6 today. Tomorrow going back to see gyane, see what he says.

Hi bellepepper, actually, the per day stay of $350x2 is already in the $1778. Which means your gynae fee is actually around $1400. The reason they put the per day fee there is because some people choose to stay more than 2 days. If say you stay 3 days, then they will add $350 to your bill.

Actually I think you should specifically asked your gynae what is her fee. It may not be so much. Different gynaes charge differently. Some charge $1000, $1200, $1400 or $1500. This is really up to the gynae to charge. And the fee could (or could not) include ward visits. So again, it's up to the gynae to charge. I know of a doctor who charge $1000 for delivery, but around $200 for ward visit. So say, after the delivery, the doctor comes around to check on you, that is $200.

But as mentioned, different docs charge differently.

AngelBee,
I was given a jab cos my sac not round @6w3d n that time i dun have spotting yet. all these while i had been taking hormone support so can't tell what help it has on my spotting. i had light brown discharge the day after i went back to work. then Gynae said better dun work for whole week.

since u r bleeding, it best ur Gynae order a bedrest MC for u. or if u r not at ease, wat abt seeking a 2nd opinion???

i think by 7th week, should be able to see fetal pole n HB if all go well...

bellepepper, we haven't asked doc Joycelyn abt package. am visiting her this saturday, will ask... and er, i'm confused just reading the 2-3 posts abt charges... blur alr. :>

Apex,
Are you resting at home or back to work?
Do you weekly go back to your gyane for jabs?
Maybe I too kan cheong, expecting to spot bleeding once I took the jab.

Dont think I want to seek for second opinion cos have to explain everything what I been through all theses while. Thanks for your suggestion. What i need to do now is stick onto my bed &amp; do nothing..... so boring

AngelBee,
was back at work since last Mon after 2 wks of absence from work. felt really bad abt it but no choice leh. for the sake of my baby. Gynae only gave me 1 jab n told me to continue the pills till now.

ya, should just rest on bed n minimise movement for ur case... or sit on sofa watch TV also can. that was what i did. make sure ur meals r well taken care of. mine is more like a home arrest than bedrest...

if u really in doubt, no harm seeking 2nd opinion. i change my Gynae cos she scared the freak out of me! now the current one wont say things that make me worried unnecessarily. sometimes ignorance n not knowing too much r a bliss...

hi gals,

hmmm, am wondering how did you get the packages? how come include the gynae fee? is it those consultation which you went monthly etc?

i am still looking for a gynae leh, so need to find out more details.

i think abt 6 mths or so, didn really count leh. ;p

swollen and pain breasts, until i dare not touch (i dun hv this symptoms for AF), just have the gross feeling whenever i smell oily food, and very sensitive smell.

My AF not very accurate, but the above body signals triggered me to do a pregnancy test, got a faint line, confused but didn really bother it.... then see a doctor 2 weeks later, cos the burping and bloating and almost wanna vomit feeling is too much to bear with ....

i showed him the urine test kit, which the doc did for me. He was blur, still ask me what it meant?!??!?!

i think so....

HI ladies,
i thought most packages only start from beginning of 2nd trim or 20th week onwards?
Hi edde,
have you lose weight so far? i lost 1.5kg...quite scary leh.

Apex,
I trust the gyane, sometimes, i just me the one worry for no reason. Then surf the net for more reason the more scared i am. Gyane dont like to say much, maybe he's afraid that I worry unneccessarily but I always ask and ask.

My Gyane is also at Mt E at 16th flr......

Back