(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Thanks viv. Normally i boil soup with fresh meat/vege but seldom take herbal soup. So, I boiled some soup for myself last night and i packed it to office for today's lunch. From the info i gather here, I guess i can just put in anything like red dates, w-berries, and some other normal herbs. These days i seldom go toilet during midnight most probably due to my stronger body. Just had some vege/meat soup over the weekend and also on tuesday. I wonder if this was the reason. Still monitoring.

veryberry, I'm quite an expert in purchasing things from US since my friend always use my vpost account to ship her shopping stuff here. She is is capetown though. you can check out vpost.com.sg. Its very reliable. I'm not sure if there is any other service provider like vpost.

BB, I ever though of sewing for my own bb also leh. You can ask your mil to work freelance
happy.gif
. I'm not good in sewing, but used to attached to my auntie during my P6 holidays. haha!! I still think that if u go through bulk purchase it would be cheaper than buying alone.

hi QQ - good to hear you're the expert! i've never used vpost before but having read their website, the concept sounds interesting.

Need some help with charges thou. The vpost site states that for Apparels, based charge = S$12.99
+ $8.99 per kg*. So supposedly the swimsuit i'm looking at costs US$29.50 + US shipping US$5, I have to add S$12.99 + abt S$5 (assuming i weighs only 500g)?

er, and what's this 'bulk purchase'. sorry if it's a stupid question! haha. as you can tell.. i've not bought any bb stuff from overseas. my only online shopping experience has been Victoria's secrets! which has fantastic shipping and customer service!... unfortunately no maternity. :>

Hi veryberry,

I've bought from ON before....To buy fr ON, you will need a vpost account to ship your purchases from US to S'pore since they dun ship internationally. Also, will need a credit card that has a US address so that ON can verify your credit card details 'cos they dun accept credit cards with SIN address. Unless you intend to buy a lot, then may be worth the trouble to buy on your own. If not, then buy with the people organising the bulk purchases.

Pinkypink... hopefully a girl. So that I will have a boy and a girl. Cos I want to close factory after this baby... muwahahaha =p

Veryberry... yes and red dates too! Totally forgot about it. Check out the Bulk Purchase Spree Section. Quite often you will see some forumers organising sprees to buy Old Navy stuff online. Most of these mummies who are organising these sprees ship using VPost. After that you simply share out the shipping costs with all the other mummies. So in terms of shipping costs you actually save. Here's the link to the bulk purchase section http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449156/449156.html?1162431675

QQ... Sorry me got no other recipes to share since MIL is the one who does all the cooking =p I suggest that you invest in those small slow cooker to make soup. The volume comes up to one bowl so just nice for yourself. Next time you can use the same slow cooker to make soup and porridge for your baby. Don't be too happy... cos when you get into 3rd trimester and the baby gets heavy... it will start to press on your bladder again (like in 1st tri) so expect running to the loo often soon =p

verryberry, yalor. some merchants need a US credit card but some can still use singapore's credit card. I never buy anything from ON leh. The best is to join the bulk purchase thread. Your calculation is correct but I'm not sure about the extra $5. I normally bochap and let them do the calculation. It could be $12.99+$8.99 instead of $5. If its bulky, they go by volume instead of weight.

Odie, i also know the fact that i need to go toilet very often especially in the final stage. No wonder all mummies look so tired everyday. My updates to hubby usually start with the frequency of toilet visits every night. haha!

veryberry
if u r not getting a lot of stuff, i think it would be cheaper to join one of the sprees or bulk purchases org by the mummies. cheaper bcos they share out shipping costs and i think vpostusa charges by volume, instead of wt.

QQ
i bought this mini Endo thermal cooker to cook soup / porridge for my son. on Mon, i made herbal chicken soup using the herbs i mentioned earlier. u know how this thermal cooker work? there's an inner pot that goes into an outer pot. Put all the ingredients (except meat) + water into the inner pot. when the water boil, add in the meat and let the soup boil for 10 min. Place the inner pot into the outer pot and soup is ready in 3 hrs. when u wan to drink, just take out the inner pot and heat up the soup. jus nice for 2 persons. save electricity / energy, no need to watch fire. can use to cook all sorts of soup.

for confinement, i plan to use this mini thermal cooker, my mini slower cooker (which i used to prepare porridge for my son when he was much younger), my slower cooker and recently i bought a 6lit thermal cooker from OG. my gf recommended that i use my big thermal cooker to make red date-longan drink during confinement and that would "free" up my slow cooker to make soup.

Veryberry,
the US$5 is for ON to ship fr their warehouse to your address in US (ie the Vpost address). On top of that, need to pay US tax (think it is 9%). For vpost charges, it is the base charge S$12.99 and the volumetric weight or actual weight whichever is higher (ie S$8.99 per kg). Unless your stuff is v heavy, likely volumetric weight is used, so weight deps on how the merchant pack your purchases. ON likes to use those boxes which can be quite big lor
happy.gif

pax,
interesting pot and sounds so magical. I feel like buying 1 but i have no idea what is that pot. How is it look like? If you have a photo then can send it to me. or let me know the brand, model, etc?

Now i have only 1 slow cooker (3-4L, i think), then all others are stainless steel pots (small & medium only). I have 1 steamer for rice cooking and fish steaming.
happy.gif

looks like i have to buy some appliances to fill my kitchen.

I think maybe i should start making some chicken soup for myself too..hehe. think i will only use red dates and scallops. Dunno if safe to eat wolfberry cos i quite consious about taking chinese hearbs for now. maybe i should check with my gynae.

All: anyone knows which brand of warmer is the cheapest in the market? avent one quite expensive leh $70 plus without discount. how about the pigeon one? how much is it? it can only fit 1 bottle at 1 time??

sTARFRUIT, i saw the pigeon warmer selling for $59, can only fit one bottle.

Have u gotten the pigeon bundle from robinson? Quite worth leh for 1 pigeon steriliser, warmer and starter kit only $129. save like $70 compared to buying separately.

QQ, no need to rush to buy too many kitchen stuff. i made do with one slow cooker and stainless steel pots during my first confinement. the mini thermal cooker brand is ENDO. i think i still have the box. i'll go home check tonight. i bought fr carrefour at 39.90, if got discount it's 29.90. if u r making soup jus for urself during confinement, the mini thermal cooker jus nice, two bowls of soup, dinner and lunch. the slow cooker, u can use to brew the red date-longan drink. steamer is useful to steam fish, vege and rice.

starfruit, i think wolfberries r ok, do check with ur gynae if u r not comfortable abt it.

re: warmer
i got my philips warmer at their annual philips warehouse sales. i think it was only 29.90, vv cheap... warmers can only fit 1 btl at 1 time. the pigeon bundle is vv worth getting. i love the pigeon steriliser, easy to use and efficient.

pax, I think i roughly know now. My colig just explained to me. Its not ex for $30-40. Thanks.

BB, bb no need to wear shoes leh. I am not buying any clothes for bb now. I have some old clothes from my fren and it should be enough, then i think i will wait till bb is born then see how.

QQ, me so tempted cos 1st bb mah. Anyway i din buy lah cos v ex oso..$28/pair. I bought some clothings already but not alot cos will buy more at last trimester. My cousin who just gave birth had a HUGE baby (4.5kg), those newborn clothings cant fit liao. Her gynae v funni leh cos when she goes for her last chk up, she was told dat bb only weighed 3.xx kg but end up bb turned out to b such a BIG one. She now has prob in BF cos insufficient milk thus mix with formula. I hope such things wont happen to me cos it will b a v v painful labour.

BB, 4.5kg????? it can't be natural delivery, wow so big. I also hope this won't happen to me. Actually i also tempted to buy many things, but i got to tell myself slowly slowly, and later it might go wasted. Got to use my money to buy the necessary things first. Everything is $$.

QQ, now i feels that $$ not enuff esp if i'm getting my lovenest next yr...lagi worse man!! Oh, my cousin went for caesarean..cant natural delivery lah. I havent seen the bb yet but i noe the bb is v cute for sure!! heee
happy.gif

Hi Pinoopy, the pigeon steriliser can hold up to 9 bottles at one time. Like what belle said, the pigeon bundle now selling at Robinsons is quite worth it coz' if you buy each item separately (i.e. the steriliser, food warmer & starter kit) is going to cost much more than $129. I just got the bundle y'day at Centrepoint. If you intend to buy, better hurry coz' the promotion is only up till Sunday.

hi pinkdaisy, do you know if they have that bundle at Raffles City Robinson?

hi BB, wow...4.5 kg for a newborn is really big... i hope this won't happen to me too!
happy.gif

Belle: no i didn't get the bundle. I bought it seperately.. paid $92 for the steraliser with the free bottles and cleaner. now considering if i should buy a food warmer or just heat up using hot water (save $$ mah).

Odie & pax: ya a few ppl tell me wolfberries should be safe. But i just want to be sure lah. How much do u add each time to the soup? i tablespoon full

Everyone.. i finally feel my baby kicking..hehehe :D its such a funny feeling. Started feeling only about 3 days ago. Now my baby can't seem to stop kicking!!

starfruit, it is a nice feeling to be able to feel bb's movement, now more assuring instead of only seeing bb once a month during the scan.

maybe u can don buy the warmer first. see whether hot water is fine for u. unless there is a good discount then buy.

BB... wow... 4.5Kg is very very big =p Anyway most of the time what the gynae tells you might just turn out otherwise. It is tough for them to give a good estimate when the baby is still in there. My hubby's colleague was prepared to have a big baby cos the gynae kept saying that the baby is bigger than average (and both husband and wife are tall)... for us gynae kept saying the baby is average... size is just nice. Turn out... the other couple had an average size baby and ours was so much bigger than average.

Starfruit... I think my MIL just agar agar add in. Yeah!!! Good to hear that you are finally feeling the movement.

Does any of ur gyane printed out details on bb during every chk up? Details like the wgt, length etc or gynae just mentioned verbally?

Bb- The length and the weekso f ur pregnancy is reflected in my ultrasound printouts..as for weight, so far i dunno leh. Maybe i should ask my gynae about it.

Odie, 4.5kg is indeed a huge baby. It has been recorded as historical data in our family!! haha!! Furthermore, its my aunt's 1st grandson. She was jumping wif joy....
happy.gif

Juz went for my 20th scan....confirm BOY BOY!
Well, very envy those girl-mama....
happy.gif

Hi Belle
Pls help me to update my child's gender when you r not occupied. No hurry!

Lynn, congrats!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD>65% girl</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lee Weiqi</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princes</TD><TD>16</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Princesses</TD><TD>11</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi viv, I'm not sure whether they have the bundle at Raffles City or not, maybe you can go there and have a look or call them to enquire.

BB - My gynae did print out every single pic of detail during the check up but of course, she just mentioned verbally to us what is the wgt, length etc. Only yesterday when I was having the detailed scan, I asked her to print out a full baby's ultrasound photo for me to bring home to show to my family. Otherwise, for normaly scanning, i will have to ask the nurse to photocopy the scanning.

Starfruit - so envy that you can feel your BB's kicking, I still cannot feel it yet. Was asking gynae y'day, she said maybe the BB is not kicking at my stomach, that's why I can't feel it. Wonder when will I feel the same...

hi pinkdaisy, thanks for the info. will prob check it out... btw, how many weeks old is ur baby? how do we know if the movements we felt come from baby?

starfruit
i love wolfberries, so usually i add quite a lot. i think 1 tablespoon is abt right. my son loves it too. he can eat it like rasins! :p

i think gynae only start to monitor bb wt after wk20.

thanks, everyone, for all the advise on vpost and bulk purchase. was too busy at work to check in this morning. i'll check out the links you gave! tks again. :>

btw, i dream of my BB 2 nites back! dreamt that i was carrying him in my arms and waiting by a busy road for taxi! he looked fair and chubby. haha. he's not an infant anymore, and was v heavy! i felt like my legs were so 'suan.1' i was going to squat down! haha. when hubby woke me, my hands were in a 'carry-baby' position. think i had the dream cos we were having these conversations on the forum abt bb weight... and mine being on the heavy side - 422g at 20/21 week. haha. 'tis is quite funny. so tot share with everyone. :>

hi all,

just went to raffles city robinson this aft. saw 3 pigeon bundles on the shelf. better grab before the wkend comes!

dunno if you gals have this prob but i have difficulty breathing sometimes, very chuan. not only when climbing stairs, when walking but also when sleeping! seems like the weight is resting on my lungs that i feel the pressure. making me feel lethargic and tired easily.

hi edde i sudd felt 'no stamina' last wk too. lasted abt 2-3 days in a row. Esp when i walk up a slope, stairs or end of the day. Guess it's combination of exhaustion from work &amp; bb getting heavier. i also felt my rite side chest very sng when i climb up a flight of steps. Realised too that i cant shop for long periods now. Walk awhile only my feet pain n i used to walk the whole stretch of orchard rd for 6 hrs nonstop!

When sleeping on my side i rely on a small pillow to 'rest' my tummy so i m more comfortable.

edde &amp; belle, read dat we will feel heartburn late 2nd trimester all the way to the last trimester. Maybe dats y u will feel like "no stamina" sometimes. Try not to take too spicy food cos its one of the cause of it...for me, i felt my heartbeat beat faster sometimes dat i cant breathe. Then i take a deep breathe and its so much better.

Finally, all the blisters on my body are drying up but i still cant take too spicy,heaty and those will "black soya sauce" stuffs.
sad.gif

hi all, my bb kicked me quite hard yesterday and for many hours (on and off). I wonder if she is just too active or making complaints. I also dunno why.

Pax, I happened to meet friends for dinner at PS and I managed to buy the same pot as you at 29.90.
happy.gif
Will try it out one day. It is quite light and portable. Good.

You gals better go grab the bundles at robinsons. I've bought my steriliser 2 weeks ago and I will only buy another warmer next time, perhaps in december.

Hey Ladies
If you found that there is no stock at Robinson on the items u want. U can place and order and they will deliver free of charge. Cos I bot my Avent set last Sat and they do not have stock. They helped me to place an order and will deliver tonite. There is no additional delivery charge. So go grab them now.

Hey since many of us has gone through the detail scan, can i know what is ur bao bao's weight. Feel mine a bit big leh. Scared scared. Mine is 430g

giolyn, think someone mentioned its abt this wgt so i dun think urs is big lah. Me gg for the detailed scan tmr. Will update all of u. So excited cos finally can c bb again after 3wks!!

Hi Giolyn, regarding bb's weight it really depends on when is the date you went to scan. I mentioned before that between week 20 and week 21, the difference is very great, as much as 100gm.

So if you went on week 20, your bb can weigh 300+gm. If you went on week 21, your bb can weigh 400+gm. So as long as you are within this range (like not 500+ or 600+), there is nothing to worry about.

For those who are interested, I have read this on another forum. You may want to click on both the week 20 and week 21 links, and you will know what I mean.

http://www.singaporemoms.com/community/motherhood_/week20

Hey edde, i often feel breathless even just from talking! When I am explaining stuff to my students in class, i often have to speak slowly and pause for breath in between sentences.

BB, a warmer can be used to warm other food, not just frozen breast milk. There will be a container that comes with the warmer. You can scoop the food into the container and used that to heat up the cold food (perhaps baby food that we can buy from supermarkets, which we will store in the fridge after opening).

But anyway, warmer is really optional lah. You can use warm water to stand the food in, or heat up over the fire.

Hi jkids
Mine got pimple outbreak on back &amp; some on face. BB = Boy. Dr/Beautician said it's hormone change so it might not link to BB gender...

jkids, i'm expecting a boy and yes i do hv some pimples now. But funny thing is that my hands and legs r v smooth now...

hey ladies
im back, dun really like the food on board, felt that i ate a lot of junk food? is it safe to eat salad cos the vegs are not cooked?
hey edde,
i do have difficulty breathing sometimes, esp. after my meal, perhaps i dun have a straight posture, so after i ate, i feel that the food are resting on my chest, i try to take deep breathe to fasten the digestion. And my tummy becomes so tight that i cannot stand straight. I also have backache and hipache when i walk too much.

Back