(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Lynn_angel, updated
happy.gif

Wah TMC like very popular. no wonder not enough beds and so many people like to request for 1 bedder, wonder if don have then how?

Pax: me also like food. used to be very greedy one, can eat and eat. snack and snack. but now so sian of eating but got to eat, else no nutrient and energy. But good lah, else i eat too much put on weight too much then hard to walk and sleep with a big tummy. Now my tummy is small i already feel uncomfortable when sleeping.

I feel throbbing movement on the tummy, i think it is the blood flow and not the heartbeat because it is like so strong. Am i right? I still cannot feel the bb's kicks, but i think it is fortunate else harder to sleep.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>90% boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Pax &amp; Belle
Thks!

I oso been eating for the sake of eating or else when i hungry i gonna find food at the wrong time at the wrong place...

Anybody had tried massage? Is it advisable?

Hi Gals, I felt breathless while trying to cut my toe nails last nite. Hmm, was thinking that as tummy gets bigger, it's gonna get worse! Dunno still can reach or not.. hehe, anyone got the same experience? I was telling my hubby that if my tummy really make me can't reach toe nails, then he gotta help me cut next time!

Hi Autum, me too also feeling breathless when cutting the toe nails, so am prepared to go for pedicure and will ask hubby to pay for it...har har

Autum, Pinkdaisy,
Haha. I also mentioned this to my hubby before and we ended the dicussion with a big joke. Our last resort is to go pedicure since he is not around. Somemore, can make the toe nails nice nice... He asked me to get my female coligs for toe nail cutting but i feel paiseh to so do.

Hehe. That's perfect excuse for pedicure! =) I like... heh. Does anyone know if nail polish can cause any harm? Haven't went for pedi and mani because of that...

Lynn Angel - I just happened to ask the same thing of my gynae yeseterday. Asked her if shoulder and neck massage is ok and she said yes. But I guess no body massage... Just wondering if foot reflexology is ok too.

Oh yah. Belle, if you're updating the chart again... my baby's gonna be a boy.
happy.gif
thanks but no hurries k? hope you're feeling better...

hey moogen
im still having foot relexo, must tell the therapist, mine is quite experience, she knows which are the points not to press for preggie mums.
is anyone's boobs hurting again? mine start to hurt recently again, harder and if accidentally hit, will be painful.

moogen, can do pedicure but not rebonding or color our hair. me trim and apply nail polish all these while. dun seems to be any prob.

Lynn, i just ate pig organ's soup yday. its v nice cos its cooked in claypot style. v v spicy and nice. yummy!! Dun think shld be any prob lah. But i dun eat pig liver...c the reddish color wanna faint liao.

belle(pepper), do agreed TMC v popular. Like dat if all of us really gave birth abt same timing...then how huh? Those who opt for 2-bedded might b sharing the same rm.
happy.gif

After i got preggie, i saw more n more mtbs on the streets...issit a trend gg on now? or issit b cos 2007 is a v gd yr for bb??

aiyo ladies reading all your msg makes me laugh at the pc screen by myself le.

bb march, QQ &amp; tricia chew
hanor luckily i only cried that 'cham' that time la. i myself dun understand, told gynae last wk n she worry i get too emotional n will get depressed n even ask my hubby to MONITOR me :p Ya lor lucky hubby more understanding now so we must also sayang them la stimes they quite poor thing quite confused wat we WOMEN WANT! hee. Tricia u joker le..'nei shang'? hehe but if not happy then tell la. hide inside u not good. Find a suitable occasion to bring out the subj better. During this time its best for couples to understand each other
happy.gif

Abt cooking..frankly my hubby dun really know how to cook le. So far he can only cook maggie mee for me. But when he said he wanna go NTUC get cod fish for me &amp; cook for me i was so touched lor, not nice also nvm la. He knows wat is cod fish n he def knows fish got good fatty oils good for bb's devt! so u mummies must try to eat more FISH hor.

autumm
hee ya hor our bbs can be friends with each other. But hor boys will prefer boys? boys wont wanna play dolls with girls kekeke. but ur gynae might be rite just today both my colleagues say they saw birdie as early as 3 mths! cos norm for boys very ez to see. So maybe mine is princess liao cos no birdie. My hubby dun force me to eat but will keep reminding me to drink milk n dun scared fat eat whenever i m hungry :p

Pinkdaisy,
i too feel too early to buy bb stuff. Even when i ask gynae abt attending classes she says too early, its better to wait till later stage attend too early we will forget. for bb stuff if really got sale maybe u can buy those MUST BUY stuffs? wet tissue this kinda stuff buy later it will dry up n also takes up space. my place no space liao..sigh. but once i cfm my bb's gender i will go shpg crazy lol.

Hmm, for me, I want to save money so I'm all ready to get hand-me-downs or gifts rather than go shopping! And I'm moving house too, so I'm afraid if I buy anything now, with my iffy memory, I'll forget to bring to new house! Haha, in fact, I have already got two 2nd hand baby strollers, one 2nd hand automated sarong "swinger", one children bicycle and one battery driven motor car.

The list of fishes not recommended for eating is good but if only it came with a picture guide... it is tough trying match the names to the fishes we know and impossible to explain to my MIL or FIL who do the groceries shopping. And then my HB heard the word snapper, isn't that referring to some fish that we tend to eat quite often? But i remember that is red snapper... By the way, is grouper actually "shi ban" (stone patches)??

BB,
Hmm, I guess becuz we are pregnant, we tend to notice pregnant ladies more, is kaypoh about other pregnant ladies also. But then again next year is the year of the pig, they say those born in the year of the pig will have a very good life. Of cuz, you will also notice that many people are giving birth in september cuz the babies have been conceived in the "holiday mood" months. hee hee

Hi QQ and tricia,

Yup, I dun believe that there are any difficulties that are insurmountable as long as we are willing to work it out. I'm also very lucky to live with very understanding in-laws who will be more than happy to help out with bb in future and my HB is also a very good family man who can help in caring for bb so I have no fear. In fact, most of time it was he who prepare the food for me rather than the other way round!

belle, i also still cannot feel bb move. unlike my 1st preg, i could feel bb move as early as 17wks, maybe bcos boy more active.

re: TMC
now that BB mention 2-bedders, must share my experience during my stay at TMC last yr. my 1st 2N, i roomed with a korean woman, whose family hang ard the whole day, talked quite loudly etc. after she discharged, on the 3rd day, a 3rd time mummy roomed with me, her family was really LOUD! and the WHOLE CLAN came to visit. can u imagine, the room was already small and so many pple came. one more thing, she SNORED! wa lau, really cannot sleep! heng, i discharged the next day.

if can afford it, 1-bedder would be best. actually lucky for me, i chose a 2-bedder bcos my son was admitted to NICU for congential pneumonia. it really depends on luck lor. some pple jus dun care for other pple..

for those mummies who r choosing TMC, can sign up for the first born incentive FBI prog at wk20. discount antenatal classes, detailed scans. some of the gynaes and paediatricians are on this prog, so there's discount on their consultant fees. also for the pkg, there's discount on the room rates too. i saved $ for PD charges and room rates and my son's NICU charges. not sure how much it is now. there's also the subsequent born incentive SBI prog too for no 2 onwards, so i'll be signing up on this SBI prog.

Dear all,
I can feel my bb moving inside already. it used to be quite uncomfortable at night that caused me unable to sleep well. Its not hard, just not comfortable. Then I told my bb not to move and kick so much at night, and it works. Dunno if this is imagination again.
happy.gif

Re: Good year??? Yes!
My hubby told me that its GOLDEN PIG year next year. One of the best years for bb woh, coincidentally my bb will also hit that. If you know about the "bone mass" in chinese tradition, its 1.6 Liang3 for the year itself which is quite heavy. This will form part of the BA1 Zi4 for the bb. The heavier the "bone mass" the better the life in general. Maybe this is also why many piggy babies next year.

Re: TMC
We intend to get a 4-bedded room next time. I am afraid of loneliness and i cannot imagine staying in 2-bedder with no one on the other bed. Weird hor? No wonder my hubby said:" Women is an interesting creature that required men to spend their whole life discovering their interesting thinking".

moogen, updated
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>90% boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Mt A or TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pax</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Phua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Saffy</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi pinkypink, recently i was watching this Hong Kong serial titled "Healing Hands", is a show on hospital. And inside the show there is this gynae who is pregnant and her hb's sister was operating this foot reflexology shop and it was told in the show that pregnant cannot go for foot reflexology. So I'm surprised that you are still at it, so is actually quite safe lah if the therapist know where not to press? Hm...must go and find out more.

hi Autum,
You're right that when tummy gets really big you can't even cut yr toes nail yrself! My hubby gotta do that for me and I don't like it... Cos he'll just cut in a straight line and din trim the corner etc.. but of course it's not easy for him lar..

re:ms
For those ladies that are suffering from ms please hang on and dont' give up or feel depress... After yr bb is borned you'll get over and forgot the ms and may want to have another one when you see yr first one leaving the chubby babyhood! Previously I'm so busy with my first gal that I can't really remember how ms is like or the fear of childbear etc... That's why entering pregnancy again and joining you girls here hehe..
And this time I don't feel so 'suffering' and moody compare to last time cos I know this is just temporary and will pass somehow..
I've learnt that in motherhood that's alot of challages that I've never imagine before and thot I wouldn't handle... But when the time comes somehow we'll find the strength to handle it as we know what we're going thru is meaningful
happy.gif

Thanks belle for updating.
happy.gif

Thanks pinkypink and BB. Now I know I can hit the pedi shops! haha.

I did check with my gynae regarding liver (cuz i love liver) but she said to avoid it in the meantime. i guess just to be on the safe side...
happy.gif

I haven't been able to feel my bb move too. Actually I'm wondering if I'll know when it's moving and when it's gas or something. :p

Pinky, QQ, Moogen, Cakey, hey, let's all go for pedicure together!! hahah.. didn't really cross my mind to go for pedi. Hmmm, i got one friend who is the rather paranoid kind. I remember she told me better don't paint nails when pregnant cos u never know if the paint will harm bb.. just like there are also advice that we should not colour or perm our hair.. *sigh*.. but i think painting nails should be fine lah..

Re: Golden Pig Year
Hmm, I really hope my bb will be born a little pigglet! Coz my hubby also born in year of pig, and generally i know quite a few people born in the year of pig, and I find them very nice and hardworking. So I hope my bb to be one too. But I am a bit worried. Coz my EDD is 3rd March, and Chinese New Year next year is 18 Feb.. so if my bb is two weeks early, might be before CNY. Will really try to hang on and not let bb come out before CNY!! So silly hor...

Autum,
Same thinking as u. Mine is on 9 March, and i hope bb will be guai guai and come out in march. Otherwise my confinement lady will be another problem and the charges might be very high also.

I think pedi should be much safer than manicure, in case we accidentally eat the chemicals. Otherwise, just get a speed pedi to reduce chemicals used.

Hi all!

For those worried about my "birth control", I was actually using a combi of 'timing' and condom. Not the most reliable (as you can tell!) but I'm not on pills or anything so don't worry about it...

QQ: What I heard is that TMC only has one 4-bedder, so if you apply for one, you will most likely be automatically upgraded to a 2-bedder.

Lynn... actually there are some places that offer massages for preggies. Do check them out. I know Nirvana Rustic is one of them.

Pinkdaisy... so clever! That is a good suggestion ;) I have never thought of asking my hubby to pay for my pedi. Last pregnancy I will ask him to cut for me but that is like really towards the due date. Alternatively I just cut one... rest for five minutes before I cut the next one =p

BB... I think it is really because you tend to pay notice to people who are going through the same stage as you. When I am pregnant I also tend to notice more preggies around. After the baby is out... you will unknowingly keep peeping at others baby or even what type of stroller they are using =p

Mejo... yup grouper is "shi ban". It is still ok to take just don't overdose. The best type of fish right now is still salmon and cod because they have more fats. My hubby and I also very kaypoh... everytime we hear of someone giving birth in Nov... we sure say it is a valentine's day baby... muwahahahahah.

Pax... Sometimes could be due to the positioning of the limbs. If the legs and hands are facing outwards... you can probably feel the movement much earlier. When did you start feeling your 1st baby's movement? Mine was quite late around 20th week. I'm hoping this time round can feel it earlier =) Wow... you have one boy and one girl. So I suppose you will close your factory production after this? I am hoping for a girl too since I already have a boy.

QQ... good for you. Will be getting more and more exciting when the movement gets more pronounced. Interesting information. You mean every year there is a different bone mass? How to determine?

Cakey... I feel the same way as you too. Somehow I don't feel as moody as the last time round. I think partly because we are too pre-occupied with our tods that we don't have time to feel moody or lousy =p

Moogen... usually the first time you feel it will be like somebody blowing bubbles inside you. Light and fluttering. Slowly it will start to feel like there is a little mouse moving inside you. Then it will start to feel more like a touch. By the 3rd tri... you will feel like an over-stretched balloon =p

Autum... everyone has their own belief of what to eat and what you cannot eat... what you can do and what you cannot do. Just go with what you think is right and feel comfy with. I'm the type that eats anything during pregnancy except for alcohol for obvious reasons and pineapple (too traumatised since young watching SBC tv series that pineapple can cause miscarriage... muwahahahaha =p). As for sushi and sashimi only the freshest and not those left on the conveyor belt. Other than that I just gobble up everything. Alot of colleagues will just keep critising me for not taking care etc. But luckily both MIL and mum are not the old-fashion type so they are ok. I have a friend of my age... she will avoid all the liang foodstuff but her MIL told her anything also can eat. She was so upset with her MIL for being ignorant and complained to me. I told her if its me I will be very happy to have a MIL who is so open-minded. Obviously she felt otherwise. My advice to her is also to go the way she thinks is best for her. If she wants to abstain... by all means go ahead. End of the day it is her body and her baby. No need to get too stressed up with what others say.

Me happie that bb is a little piglet cos both my MIL and Mummy are also born in the yr of pig. So pig grannies carrying little piglet..hee
happy.gif

haha... our babies will be piglets. Now my hubby already call me the mother pig then i call him the boar (sua tir in hokkien).

Re:Liver
Yah better keep away from it for the time being cos liver is an organ that help us to neuralise the toxic like a filter. So it is advisable to avoid though it has contain vit A. But try to get other source for Vit A. I am also a lover for Liver. Yesterday ate AH HUA Bak Kut Teh also cannot eat liver. Sianzz big half.

QQ,
I heard of bone mass...but never really know what it is about, but sound interesting. I thot next year is year of Fire Pig? Maybe I am mistaken....thot I read from somewhere...This year is fire dog, usually two consecutive same element followed by constructive cycle, meaning, after fire is earth loh.(Earth Rat, then Earth Ox). Metal is in year of Tiger and rabbit...

Hi Odie,Tricia,
I have an excel file here if you are interested. It is just a guide. U can find the same information from "Tong Shu". As for golden pig or not, its not indicated here. I'm also not very sure. Dun worry.. its just an additional information, not really critical.
happy.gif

Saffy,
Is it? Then i should opt for 4-bedder. It might be cheaper if they do a free upgrade out of no choice. Anyway... its just for 1-2 days.
happy.gif
Thanks! <center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Chinese birthdate
chinese birthday.xls (38.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Odie, for 1st preg, i felt my boy's movement at 17 wks. partly bcos he was a vv vv active boy and he still is. during my previous scan 2 wks ago, gynae also commented that this bb is not as active, but not a problem. gal usually not as active. i'm def looking fwd to feel bb move inside me. a vv vv surreal experience. so exciting!

QQ, i've friends who opted for 4-bedder but got a free upgrade to 2-bedder bcos no beds avail. but it really depends on luck leh. ;p

hey QQ
so envious, can feel bb moving already!
Hey pinkdaisy
ya some pple said dont do foot reflexo, but she seems quite experience and i felt good after that, only went twice recently, maybe stop just in case la.

hi,
The 4-bedder at TMC is not bad as well if yr roommates' visitors are not too rowdy, cos it's double the size of a 2-bedder-room. Also not all the 4beds might be occupied so in the end you got a bigger room
happy.gif
If Mar is not 'peak' season for bb birth, then maybe you'll get a 4-bedder room by yrself!
The only main diff of the rooms is the toilet is shared btw 2 or 4 persons

pax... so you got a hyper boy just like me. My boy can tire everyone in the family out with his energy and he is the type that doesn't sleep alot (unlike his parents =p). Even though I don't know if the current is a boy or girl... but it seems like this one is even more active. Non-stop movement of the limbs at the last scan. When the gynae said "wow... you have an really active baby here" I almost fainted!

Cakey... from the looks of the list here... I have to say that March is definitely a peak season for bb =p

suddenly Mar thread is like so quiet.

Just wondering when hb stays over in the 1 bedder room, where does he sleep? on the sofa? why need to pay extra for him to stay over, does he get like a bed or supper or breakfast?
Oh does the hospital provide the meals too? i don think i will like hospital food. So is there like a food court in the hospital?

thanks Odie. Will be looking forward to the feelings of little bubbles. Haha... not too sure about the over-stretch balloon though. =p

autumn - haha. yah, maybe we should...

QQ - Have you booked your confinement lady already? I'm just wondering when's the correct time to engage one?

belle - i'm not sure about TMC but on GlenE's brochure, it seems the husband has to pay if staying overnight. Haven't clarified with them though. TMC's food looks really good. and seems to have quite a variety cuz i saw the menu when my friend gave birth. They have a delifrance on the ground floor.

I also wonder when to engage the confinement lady since we may deliver much earlier than out EDD. And the CL may not be available if our actual delivery date is different.

Bellepepper, I know for TMC, (and most of the other hospitals I think), for a 1-bedder, they have a sofa in the room, which can be converted into a bed for the hubby to sleep. They will give you pillows and blanket lah. The hospital will also provide dinner and breakfast i think.. the extra cost for one night stay is about $60 for TMC.

Hmm, I think it's really no point cos usually the hubby can't do much lah. Hehehe.. but then having them nearby to "suffer" together may be good! Then they can understand how difficult it is for us. I haven't quite decide if I want hubby to stay.

Moogen, Belle,
I've booked my confinement lady already. Normally they will reserve + - 2 weeks for your delivery date. However, if the timing is really too early, then they normally will arrange their friends to stand in for one week or two for them.
My frens gave me a few contacts 2 months ago (no joke) and I thought i was kiasu enough to call them. Howver, most of them were booked before me. Luckily i still manage to get one.
happy.gif

I thought most of us already booked the CL. Act quick. good ones are always being grabbed early.

moogen... yes for the hubby to stay as lodger... you will need to pay extra. If I remember correctly it should be an extra $50. Meals of the lodger will then be provided.

Autum... since this is your first baby... I think it is better for your hubby to stay overnight. First baby everyone tend to be a bit blur. Good to have an extra pair of hands to help. In my case... I really need hubby to be around cos the c-section wound hurts for the first few days and you need someone to be around to help you in and out of bed... bring you water etc. Esp for the first night when I am still on drip... he can help to carry the baby.

ya moogen and belle
must book quick. just afraid tat if really kena chinese new year period, they can't come, scared they backout.

QQ,
thanks for the interesting info on bone mass. So that's how they calculate...no wonder, my ex-boss from Marina Mandarin told me about a national badminton player in China who requested for c section during a certain timing and date coz they calculate bone mass for bb. I was wondering wat he was toking about. He bery into feng shui. In fact, he made all of us place our telephone and computer facing a certain direction so that it would be good for us..I think more like good for him. His English is horrendous, his PR is horrible, he holds his meeting in Hokkein etc...piang for a 5 star hotel leh. Yet he was the F&amp;B manager looking after the sales department. Feng Shui must have really worked for him!!

Just wondering what are the mummies here working as...I am now in the import and export line. What about all of you? I know Edde is a teacher...

Hi Tricia,

Yup, you are right, next year is year of the Fire Pig but it is also the year of the Golden Pig (not referring to metal pig) because of some other calculations involved. Apparently for this entire cycle, every year is a "golden animal" year. This particular cycle will only happen once every 60 years.

Eh, if my hubby buys his own food, still need to pay for him as an extra lodger? He suggested that he will bring his own sleeping bag. Haha. :D

Mejo,
oic, that means piglets next year brings lots of $$ and luck. Yippee!! Our babies are our lucky charms. Hehe..

Kola bear,
that's a tough job, dealing with complaints. Must have lots of patience huh? I hate name droppers, ya know those that pretend to casually bring out a name to tell you she/he knows who and who to intimidate you to give in to their requests.Piang, met a lot of them in the airline (was flying for a while before settling down) and in the hotel industry (work there for for a while b4 changing to current job). I guess dealing with memberships, you must have encountered quite a number too huh?

Everytime I am unhappy, hb keeps telling me that it's hormonal changes even though I know most of the time it's not. I suspect he is using this as an excuse to get away for making me unhappy. After giving birth, I am going to get it all back..hehehe

Ticia
I agree and dislike name droppers who tells U they know everyone around.. btw when u get preg, do u have better temper or worse off?

comparing my mood swings b4 preg esp PMS was terrible. however, after preg it never came at all. maybe huby also more patient with me but he was happy living w/o the PMS days. however, i tell him during preg also got preg also got PMS, pre natal and post natal blues.. ask him dont be happy 2 fast
happy.gif

Tricia,
Me working in a Hotel doing Sales. Have to dress up everyday in business suit and put on make-up. My complexion is getting very oily and making it difficult to wear make-up... Haiz.. Sometimes I have to meet inconsiderate wedding couples who just walk into the Hotel without making any appt.

Anyone else doing sales??

Thanks all. will call the CL soon. Pray really hard she's available, if not if I stay with my mum, I think i'll be very stressed. Heh.

Btw, are crabs safe to eat?

moogen
i think all food safe to eat, most important is MUST be FULLY cook. anything raw or semi raw, do avoid like sashimi or half boil egg
happy.gif

HI Cherylasu,

i have no interest in dolling up as still having slight nausea and occasional vomiting. So is it a chore for u to have to look presentable since u are in the sales line?

I am in property asset management line, so desk bound, lucky don need to doll up unless meeting external parties for meetings. even so i just look plain, not like before i will wear necklace, put mascara and eye shadow.

For those couples who did not make appt, can u tell them to come back at an appointed date? Is ur day very busy then? I thought sales is quite interesting except hours can be long and couples can be unreasonable due to wedding stress. And of course, sales always must smile and be nice even if boiling hot inside.

moogen,

i love black pepper crab. i think no harm but don over eat because crabs are a bit "tuck" (poisonous) since they are bottom feeding creatures so they eat all kinds of junk.

Kola Bear,
Before preggie, temper seems slightly worse off becoz of PMS. My temper now actually is not better but becoz I keep on thinking that things that upset me is due to hormonal changes and that things are not so bad as it seems, that's why it looks like it is "better" but sometimes very unhappy inside just never show out. I dun think that is good for me either. So I have been going out and meeting up with my close frens to "release" unhappiness. It works well.

Cherylasu,
Wat a coincidence, I used to work in hotel doing events sales as well. I really like the nature of the work. I did weddings as well as corporate events. Really fun and always got good food..hehehe. Only thing is that I have to always stay back if there is any events handled by me(I understand that most hotels, events managers will hand over to banquet operations to handle upon commencement of events, but our hotel make all events managers stay back to make sure that everything goes well. Can only leave after first or second course, so terrible rite?). I had ever stayed back till 1am plus coz something wrong with sound system and I had to stay back to talk to the couple and the family. Banquet managers usually handle these in other hotels, the one I was working in squeezed whatever they can out of events...even marketing (room sales) kena sometimes. They have to stay back for urshering to make the hotel look like they have plenty of staff hahaha...

We always go on Singaporebrides to check on comments about us, the hotel etc. quite fun..Your boss knows you r preggie? My ex boss is so "pantang" and assume that everyone else is also like that. If preggie, most likely gotta transfer to other departments as preggies and weddings "Chong xi". Actually quite miss the colleagues and the yummy good food!!

thanks ladies. my friends are having a crab feast tonight and i think i wouldn't survive sitting there looking at them eat. =p think shall grab a little... hehe.

tricia - your ex-boss so pantang one? i always thought the more happy things together, the better.

me like belle also desk-bound. which isn't always good cuz limited blood circulation since i dun do very often.

Tricia,

You are rite. Me doing events and weddings. But I'm lucky cos I never (touchwood) have to stay back during an event as I have a great supportive team of operations staffs. I just have to close the deal. I have to do outdoor sales now despite being preggie. Although my boss always ask how am I coping, I always say I'm ok.. Don't want him to treat me like a handicap even though I'm pregnant.

Yaha, me also read alot about myself from the singaporebrides forum.. lucky is +ve comments as my boss visit the site regularly too.

Gd thing is I get to eat good food as I have to entertain all the time. Haha..

Back