(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

belle....u r right. lose of beauty, sleep etc.. we finally understd wat our mom had gone thru.

I even got backache when sleeping at nite or sitting for too long. Then get moody, sigh!

hi bellepepper,
my ms is back too...thanks to the laksa i have eaten! this is the 2nd time when my ms is back due to the fact that i'm eatign laksa...so, no more laksa for me! my ms is on & off too and i have been eating the ginger titbits to curb it...

btw, anyone attending antenatal class @ Mt A or other hospital? Do you guys think such classes is good? Was hestitating whether to attend....

hi mar_bride

my ms was triggered when i drank yakult and then ate some biscuit with DHA. oh dear. so now i have phobia to drink yakult. but i wanted to improve my constipation. I hope once ms is back, it will disappear fast too. afterall we have already suffered our fair share lor. And moving onto 2nd tri liao.

my friend told me that DHA should start after week 16. Anyone knows?

hi doggy,
I attended the one at TMC for my first prenancy and would recommend it esp for first-timer. The one conducted by WongBoiBoi (can't remember the spelling) is good. Don't attend too late like 3rd trimester cos it'll be very tiring by then.
Hope yr ms recover soon..

hey mejo
really ah..im quite scared that i dun have enuf calcium, try to eat half a tab a day, but realise that i'm thirsty frequently. maybe its my walking posture..
hey doggymar,
dun eat laksa! i puke big time once and i swear not to touch laksa thru-out, maybe its the ingredient which we cannot take.

Dolly, dun worry..u sure wil feel bb's movement very soon.
happy.gif

I think i'm too heaty cos been drinking milo as i stopped all coffee and tea intake. any other suggestions for hot drinks?? Also, as i been sick recently, i've been gg to toilet to clear my bowels more often. v felt so tired and worried how is bb doing inside.
sad.gif

Hi hi, its getting fast and i am too slow to catch up with this thread now. :p

I also once puke seriously after laksa. No laksa since then.
and BB, I drink holicks, cereal (nestum brand with a few types of cereal), quaker, and milo.

Hi Dolly,
Blotters does help a bit especially for me since it is excessive oil causing the problems. I used to only need half a sheet of the blotters (all mine are cut into halves), now I have to use at least both halves or more. But dun overdo it, and never never rub your face with it, the whole idea is blot. Btw, I like the Gatsby oil clear sheet, been using that for years. Dun get the powdered ones though, may cause more pores to get blocked. Dun use harsh cleaners either. Fancl facial wash powder is good, no colour, fragrance or preservatives. I think safest to use and good for skin too.

For my back, I went for a back dermabrasion recently. But dun think I can stand lying on my stomach anymore though... well, guess I can try to get rid of the scars after having bb.

Hi Pinkypinky,

We need more calcium than a normal woman now that we are pregnant, especially in the later part of the 2nd trimester. If you dun take enuff, bb will start leaching from your store and weakening your bones. Another way to get enuff calcium if you can't drink milk is eat ice cream! Very enjoyable way of taking in calcium too, hee hee.

I dun think thirsty is due to calcium though cuz our blood is increasing in volumn and all those stuff so we do tend to need to take in more liquid. I'm thirsty most of the time too, and love to take soupy stuffs now. Exercise can help to relieve backaches as well. Just be careful not to over exert. I think yoga is very good exercise for pregnant women, think I'll sign up for a class soon.

Belle (pepper),

I had been given DHA supplement since week 8, when the gynae managed to see my bb for the first time.

I am worse, I kena some spottings 2 days ago and on mc now. Panic and went straight to my gynae at MT E. Luckily bb is safe and well. But gynae cant detect why the spotting though.
I checked with some of my colleagues and most of them kena spotting and told me that theirs were as bad as heavy bleeding like menstruation.
I really got a fright out of my life...

Mejo

Last time for my wedding i also went for back dermabrasion to get rid of the pimples. it worked for me. But now i think no point going, wait till baby delivers then spend this kind of money. Not cheap.

BB,
wah u already can feel bb's movement. i tried but cannot feel anything. There is a pulse but i tink it is the blood supply to the uterus. bb's hb is too faint to be faint outside our tummy.

peacelover, some people have spotting throughout their pregnancy, but do be careful and try to limit your movement and rest more whenever possible. pray for u
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>90% boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi gals,
Wah....haven't been here for a while and this thread has grown so fast
happy.gif

Hi belle,
The next time you update the table, plse amend my details as follows :-
Hospital : TMC
Current Pregnancy : 2nd

For those asking abt hospital room booking, I've already booked my room in TMC. I do this through my gynae when I booked her package at my 2nd visit. The hospital has already sent me the pre-admission form which I've got to fill up and return them preferably way before I get admitted
happy.gif
. I've chosen a single bedded room 'cos more privacy and my hubby can stay in if he wants. But of course, there will be additional charges imposed by the hospital if he stays in.

At TMC, bb can room in with you the whole day, even at night. But I usually let the nurse push bb back to the nursery at night and push bb back to my room when it is feeding time. Nurse will not send bb to your room every 2-3 hrs at night unless you request for it. They will ascertain if bb needs feeding, then send bb to your room. With my 1st bb, we will return bb to nursery at around 10pm and then bb comes for feeding at 1am and 4am, then won't come until abt 8am next morning. I was total breastfeeding my bb and that's my bb's pattern lor
happy.gif
. It is good to have your bb with you in your room 'cos you will need to start observing bb's behaviour and feeding/crying patterns. Also, need to get used to changing diapers, wiping poop
happy.gif

No worries abt temperature in our room being too cold, bb is swaddled at all times and nurses will advised that you turn the aircon thermostat to 25 deg Cel.

Pinkdaisy,
You will probably need more folic acid than normal people. I've been taking 2 tablets of 5mg of folic acid 2 times a day since the day I was diagnosed as T-minor. According to my gynae, my body cannot process iron, so folic acid is the substitute. I've got very low blood count, but since taking folic acid, blood count is quite normal
happy.gif

Hehe....tok too much liao
happy.gif

HI Blueberries

if u book the hospital now, do u have to pay anything? How much is the charges for the one bedder normal delivery without assistance? On the TMC website is it $1778. Is that already inclusive of the $350 daily room rate?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>90% boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi mejo
i will try to take more calcium and drink more water then. i love ice cream but old folks say cannot eat too much cold stuff, tho' i cannot resist so far. which yoga class are u going? im considering the one at Great World. when is a good time to start?
hey bellepepper
our march list is getting longer..great!
hey blueberries,
do u remember how much cash must you pay for your last preganancy?

Blueberries... guess that different hospital... also mean different experience. I always find that in GlenE the aircon is really cold. My boy will start to shiver if he is in the room with me for too long although he is swaddled and even after we up the temp. Don't say him... even for me I shiver esp at night -.-""

hi peace-lover, rest more and dun walk too much, ok? and thanks for your concern, I am coping well, not worrying at all unless hb also has the same (touch wood, touch wood!)...

hi blueberries, i dun no whether i need to take more folic acid or not coz' i haven't go and see my gynae yet, only heard the result from her on the phone, my next apptm on 2 Oct. Will keep you all posted.

Tricia,
I have made my next appointment with Dr Eunice Chua at TMC liao. Feel very uneasy after hearing the negative remarks about KT Tan. My report on Down Syndrome and Blood test is still with KK. Asked them to send to me but they say cannot. So, have to make a trip down to collect so that can show it to the new Gynae.

pinkypink &amp; QQ, yes, no laska for me too. i merlion-ed last time i ate laska. think it's the coconut milk that is not so easily digestable that makes us puke.

doggy, is the antenatal classes at Mt E for those seeing doctors at Mt E? or open to anyone who wishes to attend?

Hi Olene, my friend also with Dr Eunice Chua and she had sing good praises of her and even encourage others to see her. She said Dr Chua had given her a lot of support and encouragement when she lost her bb at 24 weeks, and she is also a very patient and attentive gynae. Hope you will enjoy your time with her.

blueberries, tks for the info abt TMC.
happy.gif

Sorry for being abit er xin..just to chk if u all noticed the color of bowels...me went straight to toilet after lunch. A very painful stomachache. The color of my bowels scares me..end up i called my gynae's clinic and chk. Phew, it was all due to my intake of MULTIVITAMINS. if not for that call, i thot i was poisoned or wad...

Belle,
ok, thank you so much.

Pinkdaisy,
I'm so glad to hear positive comments finally. My colleague who recommend me to her also said she is the motherly type. Can sleep better at night liao....

Olene,
really so sori to cause you sleepless nites....I thot I'd share with you what I know since we are having the same gynae. I too was rather unsettled for the past week. I was also rather scared of the experiences that was related to me by my friend. One thing for sure, KKH's services are really lousy compared to MAH and TMC even if we are in The Private Suite. I guess it's still on government system.

I asked Dr Wong if KKH has the best facilities for emergencies, she told me yes but for those who are not with KKH, private gynae will monitor them closely especially so during the last trimester. If need be, they will refer their cases back to KKH so their patients can still make use of the facilities in KKH in case of emergencies (touchwood!).

Really so paiseh....I am really relieved to have met Dr Wong. Finally managed to get comments on her needlework, seems that she is good...phew...

Tricia,
its ok. No worries. I rather hear it now than later when its too late to change. Glad you have found yourself a good gynae also. : )

Hi all,
I went to StemCord website (http://www.stemcord.com/event/promotion/promotion.htm) and found this. Dont know why is there such a great difference between StemCord and Cordlife. Anyone has any idea?

Promotion
StemCord 5th Anniversary Promotion
Enjoy a Special Anniversary Promotion of $100* Registration Fee When You Sign Up for Cord Blood Banking Now. Offer Ends on 30 Sept 2006.
* Terms and conditions apply.

Sorry to disturb.

Wondering any mummies keen in getting home made beansprout pillow? My mum had some leftovers after making for my baby so she intend to make it and sell it off.

Interested, please kindly PM me. Thank you.

hi Olene,
I also dunno why Cordlife is giving so much discount. They only give $200 discount during the mother&amp;baby fair.

hi mummies,
i've been lurking around for a while and wld like to join now cos' i've finally confirmed my gynae today
happy.gif
she's dr WK Tan at TMC, this is my first pregnancy and i'm due on 11 Mar 07 - realised there are 3 moms wif the same EDD, and will be at TMC too, wonder if our babies may be 'neighbours' when they are in the nursery :p

Like bellepepper, i'm still having ms, though it has subsided and was almost non-existent the past 2 days, today it came back quite badly
sad.gif
really hope we can get over it soon!

belle, its like charcoal color..so dark leh. The clinic nurse told me its b cos there is IRON included inside the Multivitamins. I told my hubby and he too agreed cos he is v health conscious and alys on supplements.

Hi rabbitmum, we are having the same EDD and Hos. Welcome!!
happy.gif

bb: i think its normal lah.. my stools also kidna dark since i started taking teh vitamins in my 1st trimester.

Mejo: u took ur triple test already? how did it go? got the results yet? know if bb is gonna be a boy or girl?

All: i am down with the flu.. seems like u take a lot longer to recover from a common flu when u r pregnant.. so all mummies.. take care and dun fall sick ok.

BB,
mine also dark colour, very dark. and i have constipation too, i guess it might be due to that too. So i stopped taking multivit for a few days. hope that my constipation will go away soon.

hi pinky pink , autuum i just went to see my gynae yest. me in 14th week. .hmm cant really see birdie le. so its high chance its a princess! my hubby abit disappointed le cos he wants prince mah..i kept looking at him while doc is scanning even ask him wei are u disappointed? he said OK LA. but my MIL likes girls.. me both like la..so next mth then can cfm if i m really goin to get dresses next time for bb! ha!

my back stimes 'sng' abit but after light massage it will go away..hmm u hv to watch ur calcium intake pinkypink. i think there is a supplement u can take. can get from GNC if the problem persists..cant rem. the name le..

About headaches i just ask my gynae yest..she said most mummies during the 4th mth will experience it cos there is an increase in BLOOD VOLUME so if really hurts rest in quiet &amp; dark room ..panadol is definately safe to consume but if can tahan i will tahan la.

Abt breakouts ...doc says women with dry skin will be GLOWING by now cos the oil just nice mah..but women with oredi oily skin will tend to produce MORE OIL! arrgh!
sigh no choice my doc did gave me a sample to try ..feels quite good le. it helps control oil so hopefully will deter the acne to appear!

HI Tricia
Dr Wong also mentioned that they do have the facilitties but it may be more ex e.g.ICU. in such cases, we can be referred to KK since it will be cheaper.
are u ladies signing up for cordlife or stemcord? im still considering....
hey blurbelle
great! as long as bb is healthy! im eagerly waiting for the feel of bb's kick, feel very uneasy not seeing bb for so long.
my hubby's grandad is in hospital, we were hoping that he'll see the first greatgrandchild. hope he'll be alright.

hi rabbit mum welcome! yeah we hv the same EDD dates..but i dun think we &amp; our bb will be neighbours UNLESS we really give birth on that day. i have a colleague who just given birth &amp; she is 7 wks early!

hanor pinkypink we used to go scan abt 2 wks ..now the interval is 1 mth..abit too long to wait :p hope your hubby's grandpa is doing good dun worry ok.

wat is this cordlife n stem cord thing abt? anyone care to enlighten me?

Welcome Rabbitmum,

ya i also dun think we will really deliver on the EDD, some may be early or late.

I also hope our ms really say goodbye to us forever

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>90% boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

thanks bellepepper, kudos to your consistent efforts in keeping the table updated!

ya, actually i know EDD is just an estimation, not 100%, in fact more than 90% of mummies dun deliver on the EDD...

btw, will be going for the detailed scan next visit (20 weeks), anyone got any idea what's that for? will it be a 3D ultrasound scan so can see bb sex?

hmmm... will go do some research on stemcord and cordlife next, the previous weeks i was like zombie with all the vomitting and discomfort on my body (itchy rashes on body, but strange thing is face skin is much better *shrugs*), when energy returns, gonna do lotsa research to catch up...

rabbitmum, wad u mean by detailed scan? i've been doing the ultrasound scan all these while. Just dat my next appt oso at 20wks can confirm bb's gender.

QQ, me suffered constipation recently cos i was down wif bad flu n cough. Before dat, i hardly encountered cos i ate alot of papaya during lunch time. But hor, i heard too much intake of papayas isnt gd..will cause bb to hv jaundice. So i switched to KIWI as it contains highest vit C.

Anyone started buying bb's stuffs??

hi BB, have u tried Yakult or prune juice for constipation? even b4 preg i have constipation, now when preg mk it a pt to drink Yakult everyday if not every other day
happy.gif

BTW, has anyone expereince break out in thier face? i dont have pimple but since last wk, has pimples pooping on my Left&amp; right temple, forehand and nose
sad.gif

been going for my prenatal massage and she told me very slight stretch mk on my buttocks liao... hmmm..

hi all!!

now i know why i am always clueless when u gals talk abt OSCAR test
sad.gif
i asked my fren who rec me my gynae and was told that my gynae usually dun do the 12wk test unless we are over over 35 yrs old!! i din even know abt this! the only thing i know is my gynae ever told me there is this and that test but i dun need to do dun waste money... hm.... but nevertheless, will be doing the blood test in wk 16.. so hoepfully everything is fine...

BB, strfruit, QQ, my stool is dark olive green leh!!! sounds like kids' stool aft they got a fright! but i guess its all due to the med....

anyway gals, if you are keen to get cotton pants and skirts, let me introduce you this shop called BENET. its located at People's Park, Suntec and Jubilee AMK. i bought mine at People's Park and was told that over here its cheaper than in Suntec. I bought a skirt at $29.90, and pants at $39.90 those witha V-cut in front so that its more comfortable for the tummy... i believe this is cheaper than most maternity wear shops. for bottom, i am not too fussy, but their tops are not nice... for tops i still prefer those in more established maternity wear shops....just bought a few tops from topshop! now they are selling 2 pcs of boob tube at 20% off! so each is ard $15 only!

kola bear, i have nvr seen so many pimples on my face in my lfetime so far!! now i have a mega big one below my mouth, beside an old scar which broke out wks ago... pimples on my forehead, and at the sides of my nose too!! looked disfigured now! also realised my legs are getting fatter !!!! no more slim legs
sad.gif

hi PinkyPink,

Dr Chong said that a normal woman needs about 700mg of calcium a day whereas a pregnant woman needs 1200mg. My calcium tablet only gives me 600mg per tablet, not sure about yours but I think half of it is definitely not enuff.

Not sure when is a good time to start the yoga classes but definitely no time like now is better to start exercising as Dr Chong kept reminding me.. :p (he asked if I have been exercising and I can only answer in a small guilty voice "no".)

Make a total embarrassment of myself at the gynae yesterday by fainting in the waiting area after drawing blood for the blood tests... sigh...

Oh and the price for the triple test is $110. Strictly speaking I could have save the money (and blood) since I have no family history and the risk for my age group is like 1 in 2000 if I'm not wrong. But we all liked a little reassurance.

Hi edde,

My face is clearing now though, not so much oil anymore. Just went for facial today. :p I think it helps to drink more water and avoid fried oily food. Nowadays, I also go for soupy stuffs like handmade noodles in soup, gou tiao in soup etc. A good facial cleanser helps alot! Never use the harsh ones, it will make the situation worse and resist the urge to squeeze.

As for legs getting fatter, dun worry, that is about happening to everyone of us here, as long as you are not exploding in weight, you will get to slim down postnatal with breast feeding.

Thanks for info on maternity pants, that price is certainly very cheap compared to some other shops I have been but People's park... kinda hard for me to get to. Wow, I must go visit topshop soon. Too bad I saw this late, was at Orchard earlier.

Oh, and I still couldn't tell the gender of the baby even though yesterday was a 16th week scan cuz blocked by the umbilical cord. But dun see anything sticking out lei so I guess could be a girl. Doctor said not sure cuz blocked.

hi edde, seems u and me having same fate now.. hope e pimple will dry off asap.

hv u confirm if gal or boy? heard usually mummy become 'uglier' if its a boy as hormones changes
happy.gif

hi mejo! i went to the topshop at suntec, not sure abt orchard branch though
happy.gif
but its certainly a steal compared to the usual maternity wear! to think that we wont get to wear the maternity clothes as often, i feel that it might be more worthwhile to invest on normal clothes first as long as we can fit in! at least aft giving birth still can wear! but hopefully looser then! :p

hi kola bear! sad to say, gynae said mine 60% is girl leh.. but dunno why still the explosion! yeah... i heard abt the thing too.. but not accurate for me leh!! or maybe if its a boy i cld have been uglier !! haha.... actually my skin has always been the dry type, so i nvr had prob with oil and pimples... now tho face is not that oily yet but pimples seem to choose almost the same spots to explode always!

oh yes! for mummies who are looking for music CD, i just bought "Mozart for Babies" from MJ at Causeway pt $17.90 for 16 tracks. quite nice.
happy.gif

edde,
I tried to take prunes and prune juice, it was slightly better, but still constipated. Somehow, this seemed to be the biggest problem for my discomfort. Anyway, i am trying to eat more fruits and vege too. I've stopped my obimin for a few days.

I'm also wearing normal tops with maternity pants. I think its better this way, because i intend to wear those tops in future too.
happy.gif

kolabear ,

mary yang said mine was 60-70% boy ......
and my close frds who had be wif mary yang ....
all said that she very accurate ..........
just that she will tell us dun buy clothes rite ??
btw have u done ur triple test ??
i doing mine in 2 weeks time

Good morning everyone!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD>90% boy</TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>BB</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rabbit mum</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD>60-70% boy</TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Back