(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

autum: i didn't take the cushion coz i didn't know u ok to leave that with me for the time being.. kekeke..
happy.gif


thanks thanks
happy.gif
 


pax,
ya I know, maybe let her try after I settle with #2. hope she like it.

autum,
I want to send her to the cc anthea attending, but hb scare she will get sick easily and pass to me & baby so we hold back the plan. so she have to wait till we settle down with #2 then get to go for class.
 
astro
learning ABC is not singing.. it's for reading music n playing keyboard. it is becoming chim. when we go for exams, we have to sing the pitch etc. it's not do re mi, but LAH LAH LAH in different pitches...
 
huajing
seth oso not attending anything yet leh. i'm still looking around for classes that will interest him. heh. currently his attention span still not there yet. :p
 
Re: Drawing straight lines

Hey, there is a kumon workbook for learning to trace lines. I bought for YT. The title is "My First Book of Tracing". I paid $9 for it at a bp. I let YT use a pencil to practice cuz I want to erase and let her draw again, haha. She can draw straight lines but will overshoot lar.

I'm also interested in Semipi last time but never got up to going for the trial class. If I go, I'll go Hougang Mall on sat de or I may quit GUG and go on sun.
 
bbmar
it's really up to u. we r not advising not to send. we r jus giving our opinions. if u r looking for ah bian to settle class to socialise with other kids, i would rather advise u to send him to a dou dou ban or half day CCC. in seimpi, bcos the parent is there, the kid sticks w the parent more than anything. there's vv little interaction w other kids in the class.
 
pax: i meant singing.. as in u are able to recognise teh ntoes.. and have the tune in ur mind.. la la la.. is the same as using do re mi.. but do re mi. is anchored on the wu sheng ying jie..so it is easier to translate to having the tune in the mind.. the la la la la part.. is just a subsitution..
can also be subsituted by a b c d .. but the first introduction to the wu sheng yin jie is very impt.. i am flawed in that lah.. just sharing what i feel..
 
bbmar,

Agreed. Cuz there is minimal interaction time with other kids for this kind of parents accompanied classes. I'm going to send YT for playgroup at Hougang soon... cuz I think she whole day just play toys at home lar. MIL not free enough to teach her and now that my SIL is pregnant, even less time man!
 
bbmar,
your MIL is a good teacher!

Huajing,
ok, since u already have a plan, then don't have to feel bad. just wait till your #2 settle. But hor, just a thought, maybe u should send Elisha to CC now BEFORE your #2 comes out. That's what I hear from a friend.. she says she will not send her #1 to CC, precisely because she is having #2 as she doesn't want her #1 to feel that just because there is a new baby, so she has to go to school and not be with mummy.. as in, my friend is afraid her #1 will feel 'abandon' in the school if she send her there after new baby is out.

Anyway, I think there are many kinds of theories and what other people feel, do or say.. As long as both you and hubby is firm on a decision, then can liao. Sometimes also cannot think too much.
 
astro
i think i know wat u mean, but i'm no music expert, i can't tell u lah. traditionally, piano playing is taught by ABC leh.. not do re mi wor...
 
pax, hb will prefer to let ah bian learn something which interest him most. Are kids at this age hv difficulty in attending classes for long? I mean "3 fen zhong ri du"
 
huajing, when i told my PD last time that i am sending anthea to playgroup, he also advised me to send when #2 is older for the same reason yr hb gives. but obviously i din heed his advice :p
 
bbmar,
i think all our kids are interested in at this age is to PLAY! wahahahahah... anything that they can play, they will be happy. It's really hard to say what interest them because everything is new to them.
 
bbmar
at our kids' age, they can't tell u whether they like or not. they go bcos we tell them to. u know wat i mean. we may think they like, actually they dun. they won't be able to tell us what interest them yet till they r 3 yo...
 
Autum, yes my MIL is a gd teacher. i realli salute her sometimes...she is such a multi-tasked woman. But hor im worried she will be tired out after i go bk to work cos both boys will be at her plc.
 
bbmarch,

There will be good days and there will be bad days. Sometimes the kids just want to wander around. Sometimes they will focus and learn. Can't force them to learn. My idea is just have as much fun as possible! Kids do what THEY WANT to do, not what WE WANT them to do. Haha, lift off the website.
 
pax, ok i get wad u mean. Maybe just try out and see how things goes. U noe hb dreams that one day his boy will perform at esplanade...i told him dream nia. Stupid fellow.
 
pax: yes.. that is the traditional approach.. but maybe not the desired approach
happy.gif
.. ya. i am no music expert lah. just providing another view point. coz if semipi.. does the ABCDE.. then maybe it is not what i am looking for.. but i will hold all comments till i see it for myself..
happy.gif
on paper.. it has a fantastic programme!

btw, i just want to say something. i think. teng is growing up.. like M! hahaha.. carbo boy.. likes mushroom and rice.. rejects all veg? no?
hahahah
happy.gif
 
re: sticky kid
mummies, any of u experiencing particularly sticky kid now? I don't know why, but EJ is very sticky to me tonight! He insists I sit at his desk with him to do drawing with him.. When I lock myself in the room to do my SB, he came banging on the door, crying and yelling for "mama mama".. like very ke-lian.. then i had to pei2 him.

I find it a bit weird cos EJ was never really a sticky kid. Hmm, then even his papa pei2 him, he also don't want.. the weirdest thing is, there are days when he will totally ignore me.. and just stick to papa. Is this normal??
 
astro, my youngest bro was oso like that..hate veg and only wants meat meat meat. And now he is a giant boy...standing at 1.85m. I felt like a dwarf standing besides him!!
happy.gif
 
hey, since we are on the topic of learning music.. err, anyone can recommend me if I want to learn piano?? hahaha.. since i have one at home, i might as well put to use right?
 
pax, but i think we can tell whether our kids like or dislike something from their reaction.. i am sure anthea hates shichida despite being in the prog for 9 mths, and she loves kinder and GUG coz she even recites what she learns in class before she sleeps.. i think her attention span is too short for a "sit down" class dats why..
 
autum,
Me and hb had many time debate on sending Elisha to CC, end up I give in and pent it first.
We will send her for 2hr playgroup only, I will leave #2 with my mum and accompany her there and bring her back myself, dun think she will feel 'abandon' cos for didi.

edde,
Whahaha so my hb is right :p we most worried if she got HFM (one punggol is very “popular”) or chickenpox which is endanger live.
 
autum: how about learn it alongside ej?
happy.gif

that is my plan. hhaahahah :p

edde: teng no chance to be with anthea in the same gug class.. in gug class. he NEVER participates in teh zoo phonic gestures.. come back he repeats.. honestly dunno how to encourage him to participate in class.. and not just come back home show me.. alamak..
 
autum, its normal. anthea is like dat too. but when daddy is ard, she prefers daddy and boh hiu me.. its so bad that when hb is in the toilet, she will bang the door and cry until so cham..
 
pax,
i find that EJ is becoming yang-oh. Hmm, is this part of development? He will hold my hand and pull me to his desk.. then he will run to fetch another stool for me to sit.. funny boy le.. then when i say i go and do my SB, he will "uh uh uh"..
 
Autum,

YT has been sticky to me like forever. Remember there was a time when I said that she can go to sleep on her own? Well, it lasted about as long as she needs to be on medication. Now, once again she will make me sleep with her. Sometimes when my hair is wet, I'll tell her I can't lay down so she can lay down and sleep first. Just now she touch my hair and told me that my hair is not wet so hurry up and lay down! But of course, I was trying to tell her that I'm sick and actually am trying not to pass the sickness to her. I actually have to creep my way out of the play-yard and out of the room!
 
Autum, i think kids oso hv their patterns bah. Ah bian is super duper sticky to my hb. Lucky for me rite...Yes it was cos it happened during my pregnancy and even after i delivered didi. He wants hb to play wif him all time and when we go out, he will ask hb to carry him. But when he is slpy, he will ask for me instead. I will need to read books or sing songs to him then he will be happy.
 
wah... stress! after my no standard pizza from pizza hut, come in and see this enrichment classes... i feel so guilty for sam lei!!!
sad.gif


now i cannot start any enrichment for sam, cos we are saving for our new house.. and for bel, her playgroup still affordable... hmm... guilty...

mejo,
wah... so early start writing? will effect the growth of the hands?

i wish bel can learn arts... cos i don really like music... i can sing, hate to read the notes... see the beansprout i wan to kill it... wahaha!!!
 
autum: seth also like that! :p.. he will keep passing u the crayons to ask me to draw with him! cute leh!

teng doesn't do that. maybe such needs of his.. are fulfilled by ellie and my mum liao..
 
huajing, but still i am hoping elisha can join anthea soon :p

astro, anthea also doesnt do it!! she observes!! but at home she does
happy.gif
same pattern as teng.. maybe they shy lah. hahahaha
 
YY,

YT also rice and mushroom person but she will eat most veg lar except those that are harder. She loves long beans. Maybe you can try that on Teng. She just dislike meat (cuz they are hard to chew), to the point that my mom said she is a vegetarian. Wahaha.
 
Astro,
haha.. if learn alongside, that means I must send EJ to piano class le. :p maybe it's a good idea. heh heh. but i don't even have slightest basic knowledge.

edde,
hahhaha.. i like the way u say "boh hiu".. hahahah..
 
Oops, hope our topic tonite wont stress the rest of mummies when they read abt our postings tmr morn.

So conclusion is: Go or not to go for enrichment lessons still v dependable on the kids themselves...
 
Autum
EJ is learning to take care of u lah..
happy.gif
heeee.. i dunno leh, but Jo sometimes will wan me to sit next to her when she plays with her jigsaw puzzles.
happy.gif
 
Yvonne,

Writing? No no, the kumon workbook is for tracing lines only. Not letters or words wor. Besides, I'll only let YT do one or two worksheets then quickly take away the book liao. Cuz I dun want her to scribble through the whole book.
 


Back
Top