(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Wow,
This thread has grown so much! So exciting! I have not been logging in as I went to KL for work these past few days. Every spare time I have, I spent at baby and maternity shops...luckily managed to control urges and not overspend!
I felt rather bad after I posted that my morning sickness is alrite as some of you are still not feeling well...hope you guys are feeling much better alredi, especially Belle. Rather worried about you as you were losing weight from the last post and to begin with, you were pretty slim at forty plus kg (for ht of 1.61m).

I thot that I looked pregnant. I wore babydoll maternity top and maternity bottom as I can't fit in my old clothes anymore. I went to this warehouse to collect some stuff in KL. The lady told me to carry this heavy box to the car. I was rather shocked as I thot she could tell that I am pregnant. I told her that I could not carry heavy things as I am pregnant. She then apologised and quickly carried the stuff to my car. She then went on to say that she couldn't tell at all if I hadn't told her...It was quite diff with friends and relatives in Sin. They kept asking if I am pregnant even before I started wearing maternity clothes....So maybe I just looked FAT and not pregnant...signz....
Olene,
We share the same gynae, yep, KT Tan. I find her very nice and pro. However, a friend whom I met recently told me that she had KT Tan for her last delivery 2 years ago. During labour, KT Tan inserted the needle for drips on her wrist. The needle wasn't inserted properly and within 2 hours, her hand with the needle swell very evidently as compared to the one without the needle. She showed her swollen hand to KT Tan and instead of adjusting it for her. She did not want to admit that she did not do a good job on such a simple task so told my friend that it's normal. My friend was in labour for 16 hours. She was on epidural. The most painful thing she could remember was the wrongly inserted drip needle. After she delivered, the midwife told her to embrace her baby with both hands, she couldn't do it as her hand was already too painful. As a first time mother, she thot that, that was the way drip needle feels when inserted onto her wrist. After delivery, upon checking with other mothers and gynae, she realised that KT Tan just did not want to admit that she did not do a proper job on that.That way, she suffered for 16 hours with really swollen hands (her hb told me that her hand was sooo swollen, he blamed himself for not insisting to KT Tan that it was not normal). They are rather pissed and told me that they would not go with KT Tan for their 2nd bb.
Also just 1 week before her delivery, KT tn told them that their bb is about 2 plus kg, not too big from her estimation. Her bb turn out to be big bb, about 3.5kg....they wonder if she is really as good as her title.
After I hear the story, I a bit scared....going to discuss with HB if we should change gynae or not leh....

Tricia

thanks so much for ur concern. I think i am on the recovery mode already. vomitting less and controlling when and how and what i eat. Think it is working slightly. Although some days shit just happens ha ha.....But i hang on to the belief that by week 16 i will be alright.

I also hope that Mar_bride and edde will get better. Then we can really embrace our pregnancy
happy.gif
Today i woke up feeling excited that i am going to be a mom. First time for a long while since i first knew i was pregnant that i have such a positive thought. So i guess it must be because ms is losing sight of me
happy.gif

Enjoy your weekend !!

Hi Odie, Karen,

Eh, was never given instructions on when to pop pills so it varied on days depending on when I remember to do it. :p

Hi Starfruit,

Hope you are better now! Hmm, I'm not sure about the gynae package, what is it about? Wasn't told about it. Remember last time I have blood in my nose, I asked Dr Chong about it and he said could be too "heaty" and said to stop calcium and obimin intake for a week or so. (my hb was like "what!?" cuz the last time he asked about what food not to eat, like what is too heaty, Dr Chong said no such thing as "heaty" in modern medicinal practice, ha) Hmm, so I'm stopping the calcium and iron pills. Dun think I was given obimin though, what is it supposed to look like?

So excited, one more week to seeing bb on scan again and 16th week maybe can see gender. I'm a bit worried about the triple test though, cuz I'm terrified about needles. I wonder if Dr Chong can strap me onto the bed or something, in case I turn violent, haha.

It is strange, I never really have ms in first trimester but now in 2nd trimester, I started to have feelings of nausea now and then... weird but so far I had only puked once.

Mejo: the package is for 10 gynae visit and cost $700. I will signing up when i go see him on monday 25th for the triple test. I think a lab technician/nurse will be the one to draw the blood from u and not Dr Chong. Dun worry, i think they r very and efficient.
Obimin is the maroon colour capsule pill. Its quite big, i was told its a multi-vit with some iron content. But i dun think this is the iron pill that we will be prescribed, i will check with him again when i next see him.
BTW: Dr chong is selling this stretch mark cream which i was told is only avaible through clinics. It looks quite good, i am considering buying but i still have my own cream now, will prob buy when i run out of my own cream.
As mentioned by the other girls here. U better talk to BB more and ask BB to co-operate when u r scanning for the gender in ur next visit.

All: I have 1 pair of brand new Dorothy Perkin Maternity jeans in size UK14 to let go. Its a bit too big for me and i dun intend to keep. Let me know if any of u wan to see the picture. I am letting go at about $35.

Hi Tricia,
nice to have you back. After reading yr post, I start to get worried liao... Cos I really scared of needles!!!! 3 of my colleagues recommend her to me. All of them said she v good. 2 of them had her for their 2 children also. They said that her "needle work" is good. I think I will still use her. Find her quite good so far.

Which part of KL did you go? I thought of going to KL to do some shopping after my MS gets better. But not sure which part of KL sells cheap baby stuff.

Ladies,
I found this website about predicting the baby gender quite accurate so far for 4 of my colleagues. I keyed in mine and it predicts a boy. You may want to try also..... As for the time zone, I select 8.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

hi all, something new for me at week 14. I have starting to have very bad backache!!! its not painful but very sng tia... y'know the feelin is like rheumatism.. as if yr back is breaking!!! on sat i went to orchard, aft walking for abt 2 hrs, my back was aching like dunno wat and i have to find a place to sit and rest my back! anyone has this feeling?!

starfruit,
is your infection okay now? hope that its okay and quick quick can recover. Sigh!! sometimes i wonder why there are so many PROBLEMs for being a mummy... sigh!

hey edde & ladies,
i also get minor backache if sit too long, hip is aching at times too.
also realised that my pigmentation is getting worse, more freckles, skin drier and i saw 'red lines' in my eyes!

hi Odie,
I'm okay. Just that I am not very hardworking at TTC actually as I did not keep track very closely on my ovulation days. Nor did I monitor my temperature
happy.gif
Just use my "argaration" lor.

Well, my gal is 14mths now - a very very curious and active gal. My mum-in-law is helping me take care of her. How about your Matthias? Think he is about the same age as my gal huh?

Belle,
It is soooooo wonderful to hear that your ms is getting better. I hope your appetite improves back to pre-preggy times..lotta good food in Hong Kong! I understand your feelings when you mentioned that you are excited thinking about being a first time mother! For me, I feel that life is going to be more meaningful and that there are things that I need to change so that I can be a good example to my bb. eg. my bad temper..sometimes when I get angry, I can be rather hurting in words to my loved ones only to regret minutes later. I am worried about that. I heard that after giving birth, the moods will get worse for a while.

Olene,
I am seeing KT Tan this morning still for my 15th week check up. After that, I will check out Dr Joycelyn Wong who is so popular from what I read in this thread and see if I am comfortable with her. I intend to have the delivery at Mt Alvernia as my sis-in-law strongly recommends the services there. Heard a lot of negative reviews such as nurses scolding babies who cry frequently and loudly (right in front of the parents some more). It is what KT Tan told me.. that in emergency cases (touchwood!), all will be referred back to KKH, that kept me there till now....HB thinks tat we can always check out options first.

I stayed next to Petronas Towers in KL so did most of my shopping there. Actually, the prices are not much cheaper than in Singapore. Guess, that's a "tourist spot" that's why...Got hooked on the pasta there though. It's really creamy and delicious. Just the mere thot of it makes me hungry again! Hahaha..It's good to take a trip some time when you feel well. At least it does a lot for me. My mood was sooo fantastic, at least you dun feel cooped up. Olene, hope your ms is getting good so that you can have your holiday soon. ;-)

Edde,pinkypinky,
I do not have backache, but feel very stiff if I sit in a certain position for a while...then I have to be like old lady, shift my limbs slowly to get out of the seat! Oso...kenna cramps for the very first time on Sat. Ouch!!

anyone knows anything on prenatal depression? i have read on this issue but will like to hear from real life cases, esp on the symptoms. thx..

Cherylasu,

great u are also an experienced mom. So how old is ur first child?

Edde,

how are you feeling? Why all of a sudden asking about prenatal depression? I also thought i was suffering from some kind of depression because i will cry and feel helpless and say i was to die all because of stupid ms.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

belle, i am going thru that also. and some family prob is giving me a lot of stress. not relationship btn my hubby and i but as i mentioned before, he and his work.

he is so stressed with his work now coupled with my preg that he told me he felt like tendering his resignation without a job. i am not so worried abt the finance coz he can easily get another job, but becoz his quitting now means a total change in career path for him. its a big change for him. and i hate to see him give up his dreams becoz of me and the baby... this issue is giving us lotsa stress now and nobody can help us.

all these stress and ms with my frequent headaches recently are making my life hell now. like u, i just feel like crying esp whenever i have tots of the prob or am feeling nausea. and i have a great sense of guilt for taking so frequent mcs recently. sometimes i hate myself for "taking advantage" of my job benefits tat i can afford to take mcs unlike u guys in private sector. i just feel like my life is in a shit now. its affecting us a great deal.

I also want to know more about the depression, i suspect i might be at high risk. Post natal depression too! Now, my tears drop nomatter if I'm happy or unhappy. Just get too emotional sometimes. Whenever my hubby said something that make me slightly unhappy, i will be out of control. I wonder if this is a sign.

edde,

i can fully understand what you are going through. Since ur pregnancy is still early, your hubby will have sufficient time to find another job that will allow him to have more time for u and the baby. You mean he likes his current job and is chosing to give up this dream job because of u and the baby?

Pls do not feel bad about taking advantage of your job benefit. It is precisely that u are going through this tough patch that u should appreciate that ur job allows u this flexibility. It is such a blessing so be happy that u are so blessed. The job can do without us so don feel guilty.

We are all here to help each, other, vent ur frustrations here. Hope our listening will help u in one way or another.

hi belle,
thanks for your concern..
happy.gif

me still feeling the same but still hping my ms will be gone soon...have to stay positive!

Hi edde,
Oh yes, my back is really very "sng" and i cant stand or walk for long...after i lie on bed, i was like, oh my god, so relieve! Also, dun think too much abt the rest....must stay positive and happy ok?

Edde,

Talk to your hubby about your concern. He might understand your concern.

I think our case might be similar but my worries is more on the financial part. My hubby also said if I want him to come back, he will need to resign and come back without a job. Its not easy for him to get a job here. I was also in dilemma but i've decided not to ask him to come back. How cruel, but no choice.

Hi Hama and Missy of course I remember you ladies ;) How are your precious?

Miao2 ya Matty is now 14.5 months. He is doing better in terms of speech but still refuse to let go and walk on his own. No guts! How about your girl? No stress is still the key. I dont keep track of my temp or the exact day of ovulation just agar agar around this week that kind of thing. Jia you jia you ok? How many you plan to have. This will be my second and last one. Tak boleh tahan liao! =p

Starfruit sorry to hear that you are down with infection. Any reason why?

Karen I guess that doesnt matter as long as you take the pills. Just go with what your doc advises you.

Belle good that you are feeling more positive. Yes for me 2nd tri is more exciting when you actually see yourself balloon have a better appetite less tired feel the baby kick and of course can shop and shop till you drop. This is really the time when you get to enjoy it much better as compared to 1st tri.

Mejo actually I think he was probably using the term heaty rather loosely. I know iron can cause constipation and multi-vit contains iron. So when I know I havent been able to move my bowels for 3 days in a row I try to stop my obimin for one day and it usually helps in my bowel movement that day. Obimin is oblong shape and pink in colour.

Edde think quite rare for pple to have backaches this early. But then again everybody is different. It could be due to the expanding womb. I vaguely recall reading that preggies tend to be higher in relaxin (which helps to relax muscle to accommodate your expanding womb or something like that =p) and it results in backaches. Do a bit of research or ask your gynae for more info. Always good to know what certain things are happening to your body at this time. What we tell you here are more or less just agar-agar =p

Re: Depression. I have to agree that it is very real esp at this stage. Hormones play a big part to it. So you tend to find yourself more emotional than before. The other reason I believe is tiredness. When you are not getting enough sleep (and for some not eating well) you lack the patience in things and people around you. Lastly you feel uncertain sub-conciously of what the future holds esp if you are a first-time parent. I find myself more worked-up during my first pregnancy. But this time round I am managing better maybe because I have been through it once and has a better idea of whats coming and you are more forgiving towards a lot of things after having had a child before. I have to say that a child really makes you a better person in that you tend to be more relaxed about a lot of stuff. Im sure the other 2nd time mummies here will agree with me. Advice is to try and get lots of rest whenever you can and not worry about everything. Somehow things will fall into place =) Dont bottle up and try to talk to your hubby, mother, best buddy etc.

Hi QQ,
Where is your hb located now? if near, can come back more frequent lor...really must salute you...you are really a strong mummy w/out your hb at your side...

Hi Odie, my boy is doing gd except that he's getting naughtier. he's coming 6mth next week. btw, i just saw your edd is 30 Mar, such a coincidence, i share the same edd as you but Jav decided to come out 1 day earlier instead.

hi belle, doggy, QQ, odie

thanks for your encouragement...

belle, you are rite, i do feel very blessed for having such understanding superiors... ms in the morn is irritating me easily and i feel very bad to be so ill tempered to my students... coz it gives me no reason to be frustrated with them... my husband loves his job. but he is working under a very demanding and preg (same stage as us!) boss rite now. his is a project basis job, so he has to endure and tolerate with this boss until the end of this mth at least. sometimes i just dun understand, we are both women and preg, but when my hubby told her i am having bad ms and on the verge of having depression dats why i need his presence at home, she doesnt seem to be sympathetic at all. like my hubby put it, its a dog and bone world out there. so... wat to do...

doggy, yes... dats how i felt when i found a place to sit that day!! really... wah.... haha..... my mum said she had it from 1mth plus when she was carrying me... so i am lucky already!

QQ, i really pei fu u... u r so strong.... sometimes envt really put us to difficult tests and we have no choice to be brave and strong huh... yeah... i am sure we want to best for our husbands to... dats why this issue is hurting me so badly.... i feel so guilty to make him go throu all these shit with me. i often told him, if without a wife and now a child, i am sure he can achieve more than now... i feel that i am such a lei zhui sometimes...

odie, thanks for your wise advice. i think u r rite, its everything added up tog... the uncertainly from preg def plays a part. dat explains why i always feel better aft my visit to the gynae. but i must say the baby helped me to curb my temper a lot now... i used to be very quick tempered... but now more controlled and tolerant... babies do make mothers more matured....

usually my mum is the last to know my prob, coz i din want her to worry.... so i can only vent my frustration and troubles here and with my close friends.... i am so glad you guys are around to hear me whine all the time.... thanks all.... gotta rush for lessons liao...

Odie, u are quite right. I will try to sleep more. Yes, I often feel moody and depresesed if I din sleep well in the previous night. Maybe that's why. I'm normally fine on all other days.

Edde, we better get enough rest and leave the difficult decision to men. They ought to get involved in some ways. Tell you what, my mum also never know my problems. hee, same as u. And, I also told my hubby the samething as you told your hubby. He would have a better mind to work overseas without me calling him and ka-ka-cau cau at times. My conclusion is: Guys are more careless, so don't feel hurt (its not worth). We are not lei zui, we are the hopes in their life. haha! Their life will be so bored without us.

By the way, my hubby is in the most dangerous (in terms of marriage) place according to many ppl. CHINA.

hi all,
Just visited my gyane this morning and did the NT. Measured at 0.12cm, doctor mentioned that it is normal.
The fetus measured at 6cm and sigh.. my doctor could see something inbetween the legs.. which means its gotta be a boy again. She will double confirm the gender again in my next visit.. how i wish it will be a gal.. but never mind boy could help us save some money on clothings and toys, now i just wish for the baby to be healty.

hi all,
Just wrote an email to MCYS checking out the babybonus, aren't i a bit kiasu!! I was asking them when will we will receiving the $3k cash for the 1st child, and their reply is the cash gift is being given out in 4 equal instalments: 1) 3 weeks after joining the scheme 2) at child's 6 months 3) at child's 12 months 4) at child's 18 months. As for the Children Development Account which the government said it will match dollar to dollar for the savings we put inside, it is unfortunately not applicable to the 1st child. So unfair...(sob, sob)

hi all, just wanna ask if anyone have frequent nite mares like me? is it due to the hormones again? i hv my 5th nite mare in 2 wks oredi everytime wake up screaming or crying. This morning is the worst after my hubby woke me i cant go back to sleep. Dun dare close my eyes n start imagine things seeing a hand at the window etc got so bad i request my hubby to on the lights n tv sigh.

This 2 wks my nose block is so bad i cant breath at nite n after 3 doc n few days mc today i take mc again cos it has affected my throat.

Really wish my nite mare will go away cos i worry it will scare my bb. If i have another nite mare again i will go crazy talk abt post natal depression i think i m high risk too.

hi blurbelle,

what is ur nightmare about? i got dreams but not really nightmare. since u know it is nightmare it is not true u still scared? Perhaps u try to read or watch soemthing light hearted before u sleep??

hi bellepepper..all diff nite mares..
only the one this morn makes me scared normally the rest i can go back to sleep. can range from strangers pinching my arm n dun let go...kangaroo pinning me down n i cant escape n my own hubby stabbing me with a sword! istopped watching horror shows , reading scary emails..seeing unpleasant pics oredi since i know i m preggy that kangaroo dream started pleasantly then ended up horrific
sad.gif

Hi Belle(Pepper),

My 1st child (BOY) is coming to 3yrs old in Nov 06. It's really tiring having to work full-time and supervise a 3yr old toddler after work everyday.. My son is hpyer-active and requires my 100% attention.
I'm really praying for a girl this time. Girls are more tame and hopefully easier to cope. will know the sex of bb in my next scan on 7 Oct.. Really look forward..

hey gals i went for my oscar last fri &amp; my baby was v.naughty making the nurse having a difficult time to measure the back. Then i remember someone here in the forum mentioning abt drinking sweet drink; i quickly bought a milo &amp; went for my 3rd scan. Gotcha, her head &amp; body finally can be seen clearly after an hr struggle :p

Glad tat i had come across this in this forum...

By the way, did you gals got yr oscar result from yr gynae or TMC? TMC told me they will fax to my gynae so i called Dr Phua &amp; he told me it is healthy but will explain further on my next visit...

blurbelle, i think u wake up easily so u can remember ur dreams... afetr a while u will be able to sleep better as the hormone reduce. now i can sleep much better.

cheylasu, wah ur boy is big already, so 3 yrs old are very hyperactive ones. can understand what a hard time u have to tame him. Hope u get a girl this time round. then can close factory liao ha ha....

Lynn, i got my results from my gynae, she called me over the phone to explain since she knows i gacheong spider type. surely cannto wait till next visit.

bellepepper yeah sorta a light sleeper. some dreams i can rem. immed when i woke but if i m able to go back to zz i will forget the next morning.Maybe i m trying to find the cause of me screaming so once awake i tell hubby or i rem. myself wat makes me scream.

Wonder when will hormone reduce..i doubt so soon as long as we are still preggy lor

Missy... take heed that your boy will get more and more naughty. But that's when the fun begins ;)

Edde... I think my hubby is right in that sometime female bosses may not necessary be more understanding. They can swing to either extreme ends. Either they are extremely sympathetic towards the subordinates situation (because they have gone through it!) or extremely unsympathetic because they have gone through it and didn't think it is such big a deal.

Freda... that's how I am going to console myself if this one is a boy again =p Think I should be able to find out at the next scan. Will be in my 15th week by then.

Pinkdaisy... ya that's how it works. Anyway our govt very efficient one. Once the birth is registered you will receive a mail in your mailbox within one week asking you to fill in the details and explaining to you how the whole thingy works.

Belle... yup preggies definitely dream alot more. I have endless dreams everynight. Not always nightmare though. No wonder we are always so tired. We spend the whole night either dreaming or running to the loo... muwahahahah =p

Cherylasu... looks like there are 3 of us in the same boat! You, me and Freda. All of us have hyperactive boys and now hoping for a girl!

Lynn... I think you probably read it from me. Glad it works for you. I read about taking the sweet drink in this forum when I was pregnant with my first baby =)

blurbelle,

maybe it is not good to try to rem the dream. more scary isnt it? especially if u wake up and tell hubby ur dream, then u disrupt ur sleep so hard to get back to sleep again...

HI Blurbelle, I do have nitemares during my early pregancy. The nitemares are scary until that I don't even dare to share with my hubby. I can have it consecutives nitemares for nite. But not is better.

I went to my checkup last Friday and apparently we get to know the gender.. it is a boy!!! Actually i was hoping for a gal for the first one but somehow do know that it is a boy before i went for the scan. hehehe... I also ask Prof Tay on vaginal infection. He said that we must look out for 3 things: 1. smelly discharge 2. blood in discharge 3. Itch.

HI Starfruit, what was ur symptom on the infection? it is any of the above? how will bb be affected?

Odie, u the kind soul - thks!

Belle, my gynae's nurse juz told me it's healthy &amp; full stop. so sad...i think i will call again to probe more.

No gender is identify so i gonna wait for another 4wks or so...

Hi all,
Went for my 15 week visit to gynae this afternoon. I am not too sure if the hormones are playing me out or what, but I got rather offended and shocked when my gynae was scanning my tummy and told me, " See, that's the baby heart beat, still there." Thought that was insensitive of her. I was worried sick as I had bleeding and cramps during first trimester...

When I requested for ultrasound scan print out she told me she din print out and tell me to get one next time which is 5 long weeks down the road. Maybe it's nothing to her as she is seeing patients everyday but it means a lot to me. I have waited for 3 weeks just to see my bb and take the ultrasound print out, now another 5 weeks...Maybe, like I mentioned is hormones lah...was rather upset with her.

Told her about neurogain which some mummies here are taking. She tells me to take only after 20 weeks. I thot some mummies are already on that?
Finally got my calcium supplements from her too.

BB did not cooperate and hence cant see gender.
Hope you guys have better luck with gynae than me.

Giolyn has a boy!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Current Pregnancy </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>moogen</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Brenda Low</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Just a woman</TD><TD>8-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. Phyills</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mejo</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Christopher Chong</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peace lover</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>blueberries</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>W K Tan</TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynn_Angel</TD><TD>22-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Olene</TD><TD>27-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Freda</TD><TD>28-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Wen Lim</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinoopy</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dolly</TD><TD>29-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Karen</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Koh Gim Hwee</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD>Odie</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>2nd </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>1st </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

HI Tricia, actually we were not able to see the gender in our first attempt of the scan. cos the baby was having the legs closed. So the technician tell ask me to go and walk around hopefully to wake my baby up from his sleep. After abt 15 mins we scan again then we see the bb.

Oh yah someone mentioned abt antenatal class, the nurse did tell me to attend at 30 weeks, cos if we attend early, we may forget what was thought during lessons.

Tricia

seems like u heard bad things about ur gynae and then now she is like so insensitive. Can u still change gynae? if u paid for her package already cannot get refund leh.

I also find her comments insensitive and how can she reject ur request for the printout? 5 weeks down the road cannot have printout already because baby too big cannot fit into one printout.

Giolyn,

U are so lucky. Your gyne was so accomodating to let u go for a 15 mins walk and come back again.. My next scan will be 7 Oct, if can't see BB's sex, I think I'll sit there and not move until BB's in a gd position.. Don't wish to wait another 4 wks to know the sex..

Freda &amp; Oldie, how old are your boys? Are you FTWM or SAHM?

Belle,

Really? 20 weeks cannot have the print out anymore? Oh no, then I should have insisted on the printout for today! I thot since she said to get it the next time, I thot I can still have 1 print out by 20 weeks. I told my friend who recommended me to her. He told me that she used to be very humble and nice, perhaps now that she is the head of gynae, she may have changed. The best part is my doctor friend who recommended me to see her is not using her for his wife who is due in Feb 2007. Asked him why, he told me that he is more familiar with the other gynae.....
I have not signed up the package, in fact today, the nurse sat us down to tell us about it. If i do not sign up the package today, I will "lugi" 1 visit. So smart of them to package it this way rite? Anyway, will be making appointment with another gynae.

Giolyn,
your gynae is really nice to let you guys walk around as he/she must have understood how exciting it is for you and your hb to know the gender of my bb. My gynae seemed to rush through everything.

Tricia
maybe she can still print but will not eb the whole baby in one printout?? U make her print more the next time to compensate u. Tell her beforehand.

Hi ladies,

I'm from April 07 MTB thread. I know most of you ladies have done the Oscar test...May I know whether the Oscar test ultrasound is done through abdomen or vaginal???? Can ladies visiting TMC especially advise me cos I don't prefer a male sonographer to perform the test (if scan is through vaginal)...I'll be uncomfortable

Back