(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Hi Tricia

I didn't want pple to know so early cause I am only in my current job for about 7 months, and in fact, I just passed the 6-mths probabtion period and just got my confirmation letter a week ago. It's very difficult because pple will think that I am getting pregnant just so that I can enjoy the benefits (3 months maternity leave). And obviously I can't tell them I am pregnant before my confirmation because I am afraid they may find reasons not to confirm me.

It's kind of hard but of course, deep down in my heart, I am prepared to give up my job if worse come to worst.

As I said, I am quite lucky about pregnant symptoms because I haven't actually thrown up. I just feel nauseous which I can "hide" by covering my mouth as I burp. And so far I have put on about 2kg, so not very obvious.

Actually, I think a lot of working MTBs have the same problem of dunno when to tell the boss. Somehow, we are afraid that pple will view us in a bad light. I read in some other threads, how colleagues of some of the MTBs treat them quite badly when they know the MTB is pregnant. Different pple have different situations and fate lor.

Hi Bellepepper, wow you are really quite light. I am about the same height as you (161cm) but I currently weigh about 55kg.

Hmm, but dun worry too much about weight lah. It doesn't mean that you put on more weight means baby is bigger. I got a girlfriend who only put on 5kg throughout her whole pregnancy! At first I couldn't believe it, but she insisted it was true. After she gave birth, she was lighter than she used to weigh (before becoming pregnant), and her baby was healthy - around 3kg I think. So, as long as your gynae can scan the baby and see that baby is doing fine, you don't have to worry too much.

Bellepepper, u are much lighter than me. I think I'm the heaviest here. I'm now already 58kg, at least. I'm only 165cm.

Autum, i think its okay to tell your boss at a later time, no hurry since some stresses are unnecessarily. I'm lucky to have a supporting boss, who sounded happier than my husband when i 1st told him about my pregnancy. He said that this means I will have a more stable mind and won't look for other jobs. Anyway, he has no objections for me taking leaves for checkups and sometimes its unrecorded somemore since its just a few hours. My coligs are quite supportive too, and they also help me whenever i need help. I guess it depends on the job nature.

Bellepepper, if you intend to use stretchmark cream, shld start early la. not until your skin starts to stretch, my dear. quote unquote my doc.

cos the cream is supp to help your skin become more supple and elastic when it has to start stretching...

i'm tired every evening too... so my routine now is: bathe, thereafter lie in bed to apply and then within the next 1/2 to 1 hour... bedtime! maybe massaging the cream has some therapeutic effect that puts me to sleep. haha.

btw, my doc also concurred with what i heard tt stretchmarks may also be heriditary. her own experience within her family is such too. but she says that the cream does help lighten for those who get them.

On the topic of stretchmark cream, my friend (now 7+ months preg) advised to apply on the breast too. Cause her breast grew quite a bit.. so the skin on the breast is stretched too.

As for me, i really very lazy.. to even apply on tummy. My mom doesn't have any stretchmarks, so hopefully lazy me will not get stretchmarks too!

Bellepepper,
You are rather slim. there's an advantage ..that is after you deliver your baby, you will be back to original size almost instantly despite putting on weight during 2nd and 3rd trimester.

QQ
Thanks for the recommendation on hashima. I am checking that out...to keep my expenses low as well. Actually I think that hashima taste better than bird's nest.

Autumn,
I know what you mean. No wonder you have to keep you pregnancy from your boss. But if you tell them, say when you are 5 months, do you think your boss will be also unhappy and he may know that you try to hide your pregnancy from him? What a dilemma rite? This is so unfair to women.
I am also surprised that people treat mtb badly. Are they men or women? If they are women, it's so sick, I mean all of us are women and should understand what each other is going through rite?

Veryberry,
My gynae also told me that stretchmarks can be hereditary. My mom gave birth to 3 of us but no stretchmarks at all. My mom's sister gave birth at the age of 40 and totally not a trace of stretchmark. But me...got a bit even before I am pregnant. Think it's my dad's side. Sign.

Hi there,

Pls remove my name from the chart, I lost my baby !

Baby was ok during 8 weeks scan but when i go back for 11++ week followup, baby did not grow and had no heart beat, it was very sudden. All this with no syndrome at all. Do D & C yesterday and given 2 weeks MC to recover.

We accept our fate and will try again after rocover. Wish us luck !

All MTB here, take good care and God Bless !

Bluesand,

My heart goes out to you.. sorry to hear tat. Pls do yourself a favour by doing a mini confinement and veri soon u will be able to TCC again... Rest well.

Bluesand, am very sorry to hear that, it is so sudden. May you recover soon and God bless you.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>ValC</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Do take care bluesands.

QQ: how do we prepare the hashima? Same way as birdnest? and how do u clean it? isit really cheaper than birdnest?

Autum, Belle, Veryberry: Ya belle, u should use the stretch mark cream now.. as autum mentioned, it helps when ur skin starts to stretch around the 4th mth. Besides the breast, I am told to also apply on the thigh area. And u dun only apply on ur tummy area, u need to go all the way to both sides of ur body (left and right waist area right below ur armpit). I also heard that stretch mark is heditary, my mum used olive oil when she was pregnant with me!

ALL: My clothes have been getting a bit tight recently even though i have not gained any weight. I am starting to wear drawstring and elastic waist pants now. PPl who do not know i am pregnant thinks that i am fat instead
sad.gif

hi pinkdaisy, yep yep gynae say can use..not only on ur buttocks if u feel neck pain etc can use. so far i ask my super accomodating hubby to massage me anywhere i feel discomfort lor incl. my buttock ;P so i have not used the salon pas myself. If u can tahan then dun use.

I also started using stretch mark cream (i try to rem. to use cos once i use a sample n my tummy itch, i stopped after that) i just bought another new one i saw on MOTHER &amp; BABY mag. super ex ($55 for the full size) its MUSTELA, i like the pleasant smell. i guess i will use cos my gynae also said can use liao. Vain la dun want tummy to hv those ugly lines arrgh.

Starfruit,
I bought the hashima from eu yan seng, small pack ($25). I can boil up to 3 times, with 2 bowls each time. (all together 6 bowls). Just a few simple steps, similar to birdnest:
1. soak them in water (slightly warm or cold is fine).
2. pour away the water, and soak again. if u see some small vessels, can remove them straight away. Its more difficult if you were to remove them when the hashima become soggy. So, I prefer to buy those pre-clean type.
3. After about 1 hour? I normally dun keep trackleh. About there. you may wash the hashima again or not, up to you.
4. double boil it for 2-4 hours. some ppl do it for 1 hour.
5. add rock sugar and boil for another 15 min before you drink.

You may add a pandan leave if you dun like the smell. You can also add a few slices of "Pao4 sheng1" for double boil.

*Bluesand - sorry to hear that. Take good care and get well soon.

* QQ, Starfruit....sorry to interupt yr conservation. I am not sure if it is the right time for you to take hashima now. I learned from my mother-in-law and Grandma that we are not allowed to take "cold" stuff. We should keep our uterus as warm as possible...e.g. chicken soup with cordelynes (sorry, dun know how to spell), "ko lay" with red dates boiled in meat....
Old folks say can only eat birdnest, hashima when near to 3rd trimester. So maybe can check out first. Just a penny of thoughts to share.

* gals - have you all started on using stretch mark cream....what brands are you using? And where can we can get it from?

Wow...cant believe that maternity cloth is so X! Any good deals to recommend, gals?

Taysetsuri..
Thanks for your advice. I never know about this. I better triple check with them. My mother in law never object me from taking it. Got to be careful.

Sigh, looks like lots of stories going on for differnt food from old ppl. I have a friend who ate birdnest every week until her bb was born. amazing.

Hi Heavengift,
me using Clarins oil...heard fm many mummies it's good.

for maternity clothes, my coll has passed me some discount cards and went to have a look and the price for a piece of skirt cost abt $40-50.

for herbs, i have been taking "ko lay" since my 1st trimestar and have stop taking now. Started to take codycep and birdnest starting from 2nd trimestar....how abt the rest of the ladies?

Went for my scan last sat,
sad.gif
did not put on any weight and even lose 200g. BB is doing well and did my triple test too. Cost me $200....

hi doggymar,
i've lost 3.5kg so far, went for my oscar test just now, waiting for the result in the evening, praying hard. she did a few scan on the neck thickness, saw its less than 2cm, hopefully blood test will be super fine then i wont have to worry so much. bb is about 7cm now, a lot of actions going on. i wanted to check the gender but the lady said its a bit early, anyway scan from below and i saw no birdie, suspect its a girl girl.

hi pinkypink,
dun worry, its going to be fine. goodness, you have lost so much weight? you still vomiting? me still but i force myself to eat.

Mine most likely will be a boy. hopefully my test will turn out fine too
happy.gif

hi doggymar
ya..they took 3 tubes of blood, i feel a bit giddy. i dun really vomit food now but vomit 'air' every morning, and trying to pickup on the amount of food i eat. today vomit milo out, think i was nervous.

hi pinkypink
U mean for the oscar test they will take 3 tubes of blood? wow... sound so scary.. Is it painful? I will be having my oscar test next fri btw how much is the oscar test?

hi belle
Pls also add my details in the list.
EDD: 30 Mar 07, Gynae Dr K C Yeo, Hospital: TMC

Hi m00n,
ya, but it wasnt painful, phew. i paid $400 inclusive the detailed scan in week 20.
i saw bb sucking thumb, use hand touch 'her' leg and stretch out 'her' leg to 'kick'..so cute.

Doggy bride,
May I know what is "Ko Lay"? I have started to take bird's nest as well. Would you be taking the "Shi San Tai Bao"? Heard it is to be consumed last trimester.. Where do you buy your birds nest? Eu Yang Sang really so expensive. I just bought mine from bulk purchase.

Pinkypinky,
You have lost quite a bit of weight..but never mind, catch up in 2nd and 3rd trimester. You baby is growing well..7cm for 13 weeks is ideal size. If I remembered correctly, the nurse took 4 veals of blood during the OSCAR. But only 1 is used for the test, the rest is for all the other tests such as Hepititis B, syphillis HIV etc.
It must be sooo cute and amusing for you to watch your baby suck thumb. I did not see my baby suck thumb, but saw baby kicking and hiccuping..

Hi Moon,
I paid about $380.

Dear all,

Just went for my NT scan this morning, gynae said the scan is good so now got to wait for the blood test results, will know in 2 days time, hopefully everything is fine. And ya, she also drew 3 tubes of blood from me but that is also to do other tests like HIV as well and she prescribed me Calcium and Iberet folic today. All in all costs me about $315.

Hey Tricia
ya i was quite worried esp. that i can drink water except the sweet and cold ones. my MIL said she can get bird nest from EYS at $30 per box, can buy up to 6 boxes, she's member, but its those bottle-type. price considered not bad right?
Hi Pinkdaisy
I'll ask for calcium pills later since i cant take milk. Does calcium pills cause constipation too? i can feel it coming, has been eating different kinds of fruits everyday.

hi pinkypink &amp; tricia,
Thanks for ur feedback. Actually i'm quite worried abt the blood test part coz i'm quite scare of syringe n blood. Hopefully I am reli brave tat day if not i tink i will faint and the worst part is it's my first time gng for blood test. *Praying Hard*

Pinkypink: wow... so cute... the scan can see till so detail ah.. Reli looking forward to my turn hopefully can also see wat's bb doing...

Btw, do u gals have craving for soft drinks? I hv to drink everyday ley if not my nausea will not ease. But my colleague advise me not to drink. I tried but everytime fail.
sad.gif

*Mar bride - thks for the info. Where can I get clarin's oil? Yup, me too...My old folks make me bring "Ko lay"...and warm stuff.. quite nice, in actual fact. I am a soup lover
happy.gif

*Tricia - It is a chinese herb. Black in color...hmm...I also dun know how to describe.

*QQ - Ya, many different opinion from different pple on food. Hee...I get confused most of the time too.

*PinkyPink - So lovely to see all the little actions that you describe. Went for my scan and saw my little bb doing "exercise" too. A very nice feeling. Looks like you are not eating well and still suffering from ms. You take good care ya. Eat small portion doesnt help at all?

hi all

hvnt posted here for quite some time.... nothing to update.. so just read but no post..

but recently i have starting to worry again.... i have been wondering if anyone here worries like me... wondering how the little one is doing.... its a very funny feeling that since i cant "feel" it yet, i cant help to wonder if he/she is doing well...

anyone beginning to feel the little one in yr tummy? quite early rite... very quiet leh...

Hi edde,

I share the same thought as u.. I'm getting veri PARANOID!! Especially when I hear others getting miscarriage without any signs.. I call my gyne up last wk cos I experience cramps without spotting.. I really look forward to my next visit to my gyne this Sat... I wanted to buy the bb heartbeat listener, but read the instructions that it is best used after 20th week.. aiyah, by the alreadi can feel bb kicking already... I think the only way to reassure myself is to see the ultrasound pictures... can't wait...

Welcome m00n

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>Starfruit</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Chris Chong</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>12-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH </TD></TR><TR><TD>QQ</TD><TD>15-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mist</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kola Bear</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>m00n</TD><TD>30-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>K C Yeo</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi cheryl, yes! i am also very paranoid! esp aft hearing the unfortunate events that happened to some of the gals here... my last appt is during my 9th weeks... next appt is mid sept during my 14th wk.. still some time to go... like you, i also need to see the ultrasound pic to reassure myself... so i the meantime i can only worry
sad.gif

anyone starting toking to baby yet? i find it quite funny to tok to it leh.. like toking to myself haha

Hi ladies

i just came back from maternity clothes shopping. I desperately need to get some loose tops as my tops are all too tight. I went to Paragon, there are two shops at the highest floor, Swell and 9mois. My gosh maternity clothes are so expensive. a normal looking blouse is like $90 !! 9mois has very nice cutting maternity pants. they are all below belly so comfortable wear and make ur bum and legs look slim. So u girls can try. Each pants is like $89.

I bought my maternity tops from GG<5 instead. now they have a lot of babydoll tops and so can be worn even after pregnancy
happy.gif
Anyway they cost about the same as the maternity tops and made of better material and look more trendy.

I just did my OSCAR and blood test. OSCAR + 20th week detailed scan was $345 and the blood test was $88+GST. Quite expensive hor.
During the OSCAR the baby was so active the person had a hard time measuring the spine thickness. Baby was hiccupping too. Cannot see the birdie so gynae said 60% is girl
happy.gif

I also very scared of needles and i must look away when they draw the blood. The person knew i was very scared so she was very gentle with me and the process was very fast, i hardly felt any pain. so u girls can appear to look scared maybe it helps. Hope the results will be ok. Need to wait till wed.

*edde: i also like u, thinking how the little fellow is doing. Feel like scanning every 2 weeks because once a month like very long. Reading about those miscarriage scares me because it can just happen.

Gynae preceribed lots of medicine to cure my constipation and also multi vit and DHA capsules. She said milk contains too little DHA so better take capsule. not cheap.

She also prescribed the stretch mark cream she used. From france and quite cheap. One bottle which can last for one month is only $28 and pleasant smell and not oily. But it is only sold in clinic so maybe if u are interested can get from ACJ clinic.

Sorry for the long post beacuse so much happened this weekend.

hey edde
is your ms ok now? i guess its natural for us to worry cos we cant feel bb at such early stage, its really an agony to wait for the next scan which i think is the only thing that can assure us. yes i've been talking to bb, telling him/her how much i love him/her.
and yes, my test came out ok! my NT scan is 1.6mm and the result for down syndrome is 1/11k, my estimated risk for age 30 is 1/590. but the next scan is another hurdle, hopefully bb is physically ok. bb is 7.59mm to be exact.
I've got hi level of sugar detected in urine, drank little water, could only take sweet ones. gynae more worried that i dun put on weight soon.
hey bellepepper
she gave me calcium and omega3 pills (DHA) good for brain development.

hi all, hv notice e skin ard my nipples tend to peel and dry. U kw whats e cause and what can i do?

feeling very tire recently..

kola, not sure why it happens but there is a cream to apply on ur nipples to moisturize it, but wat i know its for mummies who needs them prior to breastfeeding n for dry cracked nipples..not too sure if these kinda cream is suitable for pre natal use.

i m also super tired since sat. not well n today is the worst. cant sleep well the whole nite n my nose is blocked arrgh. nose bleed on sat morning dunno why...maybe too heaty?
think i m experiencing sthing like heart burn too..its a lousy feeling similar to nausea..i hv this burping feeling the whole day. din drink my milk today cos the thought of it makes me wanna puke
sad.gif
i m eating kiwi fruit instead cos i like the sour n sweet taste.

really feel like taking mc &amp; resting at home but my team is shorthanded sigh...

Wow, seems like most of your gynae gives you supplements. My gynae gives me nothing...

Moon,
try to cut down on soft drinks especially coke and pepsi. Heard they can cause asthma in babies.

Edde, Cherrylasu,
I am paranoid from the beginning of this pregnancy! I discovered that I was pregnant after washing the toilet with concentrated Dettol. I was literally cooped up in the toilet scrubbing in Dettol fumes for about 45mins. I am so worried how this will affect my bb. Futhermore, the week before I knew I was pregnant, I went to the gym everyday and even steambath (not good for baby) everyday too. I didnt suspect that I was pregnant eventhough I was finding it tough and breathless and pushed myself even more coz i thot my stamina was decreasing. I even fell off the threadmill once.
After I know I am pregnant, I gotta worry about pesticides fumes from my neighbours..until now. As I work from home, everyday, I can only close all windows and get extra fan for ventilation. Everyday also worry about how the above events wuld affect my bb. Hianz..my hb told me not to worry in case bb turns into worrywart.

Bellepepper,
Can I check if DHA can be bought without gynae's prescription at your clinic? How many mg is per pill? My next appointment is 2.5 weeks' time..so long, oso dunno if my gynae have that or recommend that. She told me that she would be giving me calcium pills only leh.

Pinkypinky,
can I check the mg for the omega 3 that your gynae had given you? I have omega 3 from GNC previously. It is 1000mg. Dunno if I can take them?

Koalabear, blurbelle,
I think the drying is due to hormonal changes. My forehead has started to peel too. I have been slapping moisturiser every nite, but still..
Have more rest if possible as pregnant women will feel more tired than usual esp. last trimester. I also have the same pukey feeling after every meal although now I dun really puke it all out..dunno when we will feel completely okay. I thought all these are suppose to be gone in second trimester?

Edde,
Frankly speaking, i am also wondering if the bb is doing well inside. no choice, have to wait. My oscar test is this thursday, can't wait to see the bb.

Tricia,
I also don't have any supplement besides folic acid. You are not alone. Somemore, I don't take milk.

By the way, I just got my euyanseng vip card. I have an one time offer package with discounts of various items. I don't know what i should buy since I do not know what i need. Headache headache.

Hi Heavengift,
clarin can be purchase at most Clarin's counters like metro, isetan, robinson, etc. Its yellow in color.

Hi QQ &amp; Edde,
i was rather worried too coz my tummy did not protrude at almost 15weeks. Relatives all comment that i dun look like pregnant and i was so paranoid. After visiting my gynae, i saw that my bb boy is growing well and i'm so relieved. I hope he will continue to grow healthly when he is inside me. Well, being a mother is definitely not easy!

hi tricia,

i don't have the DHA with me. but once i have i can tell you but i think the one pinky has should be the same as mine since we are from the same clinic.

i think the gynae will prescribe what she thinks we are lacking as i havent been eating well so maybe she give me multi vit and DHA. maybe you have been eating well so your gynae just give u calcium?

Phew, i got my test results back and it was 1 in 15,135.

Tricia,
i think better buy the DHA from the clinic, we will not know whether GNC stuff is suitable for us. I think you got to think positively and not worry too much about what you did earlier on before you even know you are pregnant. I am sure a lot of women didnt know they were pregnant and engage in smoking or drinking even! Whenever i think of those celebrities like britney spears, i think they also party and have a wild time before they knew they were pregnant and hey their baby turn out fine! Furthermore, you gynae did all the scan surely can see the baby is developing well. The life in us is actually tougher than we actually imagine it to be. Think you try to get out of the house to breathe some fresh air will be good.

Mar bride*, wah your tummy did not proturb until 15 weeks. So good. Mine at 12 plus weeks already showing. Don;t feel like telling colleagues but tummy already showing, dunno how.

Dear all,

Last weekend, upon the recommendation of one of the MTBs here, I went to Perfect Mum at Suntec City to look at their maternity clothes. They have very comfortable maternity pants but they are also quite expensive, long pant cost about $89.90 and 3/4 pant cost about $49.90. They also sell nursing bra which the salesgirl said they designed it themselves. Quite comfortable and very useful for breastfeeding later. Can you all imagine, I actually spent $500 at the shop coz' the clothings are all so comfortable.

HI everyone,

I just went to eys yesterday to check out on the bottled birdnest cos my collig has a 25% discount cos it is her bday month. Quite tempted to buy those one big bottle type, but have to consume within a week. *Fainted* Anyone know how to prepare birdnest?

I read from a book that pregnant lady should wear bra without underwire so that it will not damage the glands. But my fren has another school of thots is that without underwire the breast will sag. OMG what should i buy. My bras are getting tighter.
I am using Mustela stretch cream (inherit from a collig who just given birth not too long ago). Heard is quite expensive. So will buy when there is sales.
I am taking Anmum the chocolate flavour. Very rich. I like it. Hubby also taking cos I use it to mix with coffee as a morning beverage. I read from a book that folic acid can increase fertility in male. hahahah... so my hubby take it faithfully. hahaha....
Sighhh... my next appointment is 16 Sept after my long wait of 1 mth. Wonder how is my baby doing. Seems like no one know the gender of their bb yet. It will be interesting to see how many boy boy or gal gal born next year March. *wink*wink*

belle pepper,
maybe i'm fat so cant see the tummy.

Hi giolyn,
think pinkypink like know the gender already...if not her, i think 1 of us here already know. For me, gynae told me most likely will be a boy. Well, same old words lah, healthy will do, am i right?

hi pinkdaisy,
i spent abt $300 at Perfect Mum last fri. Bought their bra too but hor, not very comfy i find. the wire is poking me at the side....

giolyn,

i am tempted to just buy those big bottles of concentrated bird nest like what you have mentioned instead of having to prepare the whole thing from scratch. I wonder if they all give the same benefit eventually. But once you open the big bottle, how are you going ot keep the rest? Is it in fridge or freezer? Freezer then later got to thaw and the glass bottle may break when the thing freezes.

Hi doggy, so will you be going back to Perfect Mum to change the bra or maybe find out from the salesgirl why got wire poking at you. If dun wear, very wasted coz' is so expensive.

Hi belle and giolyn, I prefer to boil the bird nest myself rather than drinking from the bottle coz' I find the bottle one too sweet and the bird nest like too fake. I have an electric double-boiler at home, the type which you dun hv to look after the fire, so is very easy to cook the bird nest. Just need to soak the raw bird nest for about an hour, then put it in the double-boiler for about one and half hour and then will have a nice bowl of bird nest. I bought the double-boiler at Robinsons, maybe you all can go and check it out.

Hi all,

I'm new in here and just want to know whether is my weight normal, coz i'm 1.65m tall, but my weight is 45kg. when i'm not pregnant, my weight is 50kg. No matter how much i eat, my weight don increase, is it normal? Btw, i'm 3 mths liao... My EDD will be around 8th March.This is my 1st baby, so a bit worried and scared.
happy.gif

Is 3mths able to know the sex of the baby???
happy.gif

Hi Mar_bride &amp; Pinkdaisy,

I was also a "victim" at Perfect Mum Suntec. I spent abt $250 on clothes and got their VIP card. The 2 salesgirls are a little pushy.. But I like their clothings so I bought from them..Were your offer their VIP card after spending so much?

Hi just_a_woman,

Welcome! Our body's metabolism rate increases by approx. 15% when we are pregnant, making us hungry more often. This could be the reason why u are not putting on weight as soon as u expected. I'm expecting my 2nd bb and my tummy is very obvious already (mine due in 19 Mar) 1st time mums' tummy will not show so soon unless you are on the plump side. You should be able to see your bb's sex by 16wks, depending if bb is in right position..

Back