(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

HI EVE ,

WE ARE BOTH SEEING THE SAME GYNAE .... HAHAHHA so ciao ...... dr tan is my family gynae wat abt u ?? who refer u to him ?/

Hi belle,
will be reaching 10 weeks this sat. when not so nauseous fruit juice and milo can drink a bit, when nauseous, i look for ice tea...dun know why...

Thanks Apex.

Just finish seeing gynae and baby is 20.3mm today, do blood test today as well.

I have stop wearing high heel cos got sign of water retention liao (sound too early for 8.7 wk) but dr say might due to high heel or standing too long. Any one have this syndrom yet ?

I notice that when i feel nausea or have heavy metalic taste in mouth, I drink slightly cold heaven & earth green tea and it make me feel more refresh and get away my nausea feeling after drinking, u might want to try!

hey bluesand
great to hear that!
and ya belle and apex
sometimes must be quite "pan tang", my sil was telling me that my ms not so bad, then today i feel very terrible, better dun anyhow say.

pinky,

definitely got to keep mouth shut even if u feel better. otherwise will feel worse. dunno if it is psychological or not.

paulyn,
by 8th week, should be able to see the flickering heartbeat of ur baby. its CRL should be around 11mm...

U will see a round / oval shape peanut in water bag (sac), can see heart beat.

Some gal share this info before :-
8 weeks baby measure at 14-20 mm
9 weeks baby measure at 22-30 mm

8 weeks plus should be 20-22 mm
happy.gif
mine was 8.7weeks and it is 20.3 mm. I guess it's all depend on the position/posture of the baby at the time doing scan.

I once do scan in the morning, it was 11mm but becos hubby was late n dr need to go for an op, she was very kind to ask me go for lunch first, then come back with hubby to scan again (so that hubby also can c baby). Baby measure 14mm in just 2 hrs different :p

paulyn,
better u take bluesand's info. the website i saw seem to give smaller baby dimension! haha!

but anyway, the length is just a gauge n every individual is different

it's very thrilling to be able to see that cute little heart pumping away. even my hubby find it amazing n a relief as well!
happy.gif

Hi Paulyn,
Mine was referred to by a friend. What's your take on Dr Tan so far?

Anyone knows by which week will be able to feel baby's heart beat? Going for my sec scan this monday and am a little nervous since the last scan was unable to detect heartbeat.

evejosh,
it's unlikely u can feel the heartbeat. rather u will be able to see a flickering image on the US screen.

which week r u at now?

Last scan was this monday and doc said 5th week and the length is 14.5mm. Next scan would be coming monday. Was wondering if can detect heart beat.

Evejosh
seriously if 14.5mm is ur fetal pole size, u'll be at 8th week. unless ur Gynae means the sac size rather which is likely the case.

normally by 6th week can see HB. for ur reference, when i'm at 5w6d, cant see pole n HB. 4 days later can see both. dun be too alarmed if can't see, sometimes the scan may be too early. also listen to what ur Gynae has to say...

EVE ,
SO FAR SO GOOD .....my bro who is now in jc was given birth by him .... i think he is goooddd my family gynae .........

Apex,
More likely to be the sac size. Didn't hear him mention anything about fetal pole or heart beat in my first scan. That's why this coming monday's scan is alittle nerves wrecking.

Paulyn,
Good to hear that. He is very approachable and encouraging. You are into your 8th week?

*EveJosh - Dun worry, you will be fine. And I agree with Apex. You have to ask if it is the sac size or fetal pole. I was confused once too.

*Paulyn - Just realised that we are expecting the same EDD
happy.gif

* Apex - you mean the stain lasted for 1.5 weeks? What do you mean by old menses? Can tell me more? Is it normal, becos our menses should have past for 2 months already, is it? *Confused*

wah, hv been away for 1.5 days but there's so much to catch up! btw gals, JL's having triumph bra sale. 3 for $39.90, some 3 for $49.90. i got 3 two days back... one size up cos the current ones are getting tight and uncomfortable. still can tahan with the bra extensions but tot i'd grab some since sale la. hope this info is useful to you gals too.

have been 'out-of-action' for a while cos i've been pondering over a new job offer recently. was not preggie when i applied... then also didnt know at my 1st interview... in the end had to inform prospective employer at 2nd interview... tot they wld drop me... but surprisingly they really value my talent and is willing to still take me... and give me full maternity too.

still, was quite apprehensive at first so the last few days and nights hv been really difficult. killed a lot of brain cells. really a lot. urgh.

finally decided i will take up the challenge. esp since employer assured me that she knows my condition and is entering this with her eyes open too. she seems really sincere. and i really hope this will all work out well.

wish me luck, gals. it has been a really tough decision. i wish everything will go well! i just gave the HR person my final decision like 4 hours ago and immediately i feel a sense of relief. i can finally sleep well tonight... again, wish me lots of luck!! *hugz*

hello mummies & mummies to be, i jus tested positive today. yeah!! 29th day of my LMP. a little early. but i'm excited. edd shld be 18 april 2007. a horsie? there doesn't seem to be a april category. but i'm too shy to start one. can i join you? hee hee.

hi doggy march bride,

i think u mean cloud9? saw one at paragon just now..5th level i think same level as those kiddy shops. i din find anything nice
sad.gif

got a bra at JL too but not under sale cos those sale ones dun hv my size! arrgh

taysetsuri,
think ur question should be directed at Belle
happy.gif

me had spotting for 1 day only...
i did ask my Gynae why got brown spotting... he replied saying maybe baby not attaching well enough or my body is rejecting baby. so have been given Duphaston since...

so did u highlight to ur Gynae???

ValC: Welcome!

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Apex</TD><TD>26-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr SC Chew</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBChew</TD><TD>4-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesand</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>ValC</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

heaven gift: My gynae could not find the reason for the milo stain. She did not give me any medication. My friend told me that it could be due to remains of previous menses so the womb is like doing some "housekeeping"

nevertheless each individual is different, u should seek ur gynae's advice.

hi all,
i got staining on and off during 1st few weeks of pregnancy. my gynae told me abt 30% women will have such problem and if the bleeding/staining do not last for many days, should be fine...just my 2cents worth ya...
happy.gif

* Apex - Oops...so sorry. Got confused :p
I was given Duphaston by GP. The spotting disappear last night. I will see my Gynac in another 2 weeks, probably then I will ask him about it. Morning just started...but feel so tired
sad.gif

*verryberry - *Lots of good luck, gal!!* Go, Go!!

hi belle,
ya i mean cloud9...oh, there's 1 at Paragon? i only saw swell and 9moths....and blisse like close shop already..ok, i shall take a look then.

hi veryberry,
congrats....your new employer is so good
happy.gif
not many co is willing to do so...seems like your bb is bring you luck. For me, my boss has just spoken to me, need to add more work for me
sad.gif

Taysetsuri,
my supplies for Duphaston has run out since Wed n realise that i feel less nauseous ever since. maybe the hormone pill makes me more nauseous or that 1st trimester is going to end soon...??

pinkypink,
saw ur Gynae? update us okie!

Veryberry,
All the best to you!
happy.gif

WOW! our list is really growing fast...

hey veryberry,
congrats to your new job! its really nice to have employers who understand and appreciate your talents, considering that you are preggie now.
Hey apex,
im back, bb waved and bounced very cute. he/she is about 31mm now, on schedule. im...so glad. i will be going for oscar test in 3 weeks' time.
and btw, Duphaston pills do make me feel more nauseous, i took twice just in case.

pinkypink,
hehe... very happy for u
happy.gif
me cant wait to see mine also...
r u able to hear baby's heartbeat as well?
tomorrow i'll ask my Gynae whether can hear or not

i've been taking Hormone pills since week 6. Wa! taken for 1 whole month! dunno good or not in the long term.

thank thanks. it's good to feel part of a MTB support community!

*doggy - wah your boss very 'frank' hor, tell you they hv to add more work. actually that's a problem here in my current job as well. we're short of one fellow colleague and mgt not willing to replace. it's ridiculous.

hi veryberry,
no choice....but i feel the work is so unfairly distributed! i'm taking more work from a lazy aunty who is always on the phone...so, i feel abit not happy! if she is really busy, i dun mind. things is, she is relaxing and me have to suffer more!

ladies,
i have been waking up at 6 plus am each day and find it hard to go back to sleep. but in the office, always dozing off....

pinky: so happy to hear that ur bb actually waved to u and even bounced! u r at week 8 right? u doing ur OSCAR on week 12? Are u doing the detailed fetal scan too?

hi all... wah too many postings to catch up with....

i told myself, from now onwards, i will not tell pple i am feeling better!!!! coz everytime shortly aft i said that, MS comes back again!!! just now vomited in the morning.... terrible... i am finishing my anti-MS med, so am now rationing it so that it cld last till my appt tmr. but i think i m relying so much on the anti-ms med that once i stop, ms comes back again... dats no gd... been feeling lousy for the past 2 days.... if this week (8th wk) is the peak, i really hope the worst will be over soon.....
sad.gif

Mar-Bride, is ur MS over already?

Edde,
i am still in my week 9 and my ms still did not go away. in fact yesterday i had fruits for dinner and still vomitted out everything. Am taking anti-ms medicine but doesnt help. makes me feel drowsy.

hi belle,
i started taking MS pills yesterday, also feel very drowsy after that. Probably it makes us sleep and not thinking abt MS.
For mummies who are working,at least u get distracted by work and friends. Me staying at home other than IN,OUT of e toilet, no appetite, just cant get myself to do anythg. Lucky my hubby take over most of load and i do not hv to worry for my 2boys.
Hopefully this Anti-MS pills work wonder.

hi apex,
my gynae said its too early to hear heartbeat now, usually around end of the trim.
hey belle pepper
im also always waking up at 6am thinking whether to pee anot, then try hard to go back to sleep again. luckily i start work late so can still sleep a bit. im reaching 10th week, oscar will be done at 13th week, detailed scan is 20th week. both oscar and detailed scan add up to $400, next month broke.
hey edde
perservere on...jia you. guess it depends on indiv but my gynae said usually it starts to go off a little after 8th wk and subside by end trim

thanks belle, i'm seeing Dr WK Tan at TMC. alot of mummies seeing joycelyn wong hor? she must be good. which floor huh?

Hi Valc, she is on 3rd floor. #03-03 same as my Dr Caroline Khi, they open a clinic together with another male gynae.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>VeryBerry</TD><TD>24-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mar_Bride</TD><TD>25-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho</TD><TD>Mt A </TD></TR><TR><TD>Apex</TD><TD>26-Feb</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr SC Chew</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Autum</TD><TD>3-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>Northern Hope </TD></TR><TR><TD>BBChew</TD><TD>4-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Regina Peh</TD><TD>6-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Giolyn</TD><TD>7-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Tay SK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Edde</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Tan Yew Ghee</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Carol</TD><TD>9-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>PinkyPink</TD><TD>10-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blurbelle</TD><TD>11-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bluesand</TD><TD>16-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pinkdaisy</TD><TD>17-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Chia</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Belle</TD><TD>18-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cherylasu</TD><TD>19-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Ben Neo</TD><TD>Mt E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paulyn</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Heavengift</TD><TD>20-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Tan PK</TD><TD>SGH </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kiddo</TD><TD>25-Mar</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>EveJosh</TD><TD>11-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gordon Tan</TD><TD>Glen E </TD></TR><TR><TD>ValC</TD><TD>18-Apr</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr WK Tan </TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

thanx belle.

can i ask when shld i be taking milk supplements like mamil mama, enfamama &amp; anmum? and DHA supplements as well?

me dint take any milk supplements... just drink HL milk every now n then.

is it necessary to drink this?
scare put on weight because of drinking such milk. is this true?

my 1st pregnancy, from ard 2nd tri onwards i drank enfama everyday 2ce a day. choc flabour, tastes good. i like. din really put on much weight leh - on myself. but my son was 3.46kg at birth. i'm not sure if it'll do any good to the bb if i drink in 1st tri. and for dha leh?

Hi Tay,

PC down since last sun that's why i have been missing.

Went to seek for second opinion. second gyane say the same thing. baby have to go.... So I stopped taking all medicine and let it bleed. I suppose to have a D&amp;C (wash up) on Thurs 10 Aug. but on Wed, I felt slight cramp in evening, since the pain is bearable, i endure. Next am, Gyane did a scan and the sac is gone. D &amp; C still have to carryout to prevent infection.

I am fine and glad that everything is over. I will continue to keep after 2 menses cycle. In the meantime, I will have to take lots of tonics to prepare for next pregnancy.

Take good care of yourself and have plentiful of rest.

hi angelbee
dun be too upset, mayeb body just not ready yet, i went thru the same thing before, so make sure you have a mini confinement, pu more drink more herbal or tonic soup and it may be easier to conceive shortly after that. take good care.

hi Val, I heard Dr WK Tan is the best. dont know what my friend meant by that, but apparently she is v experienced and v v popular. When my friend recommended her and passed me her tel she warned me: "must insist on seeing her as nurse will try to divert u to another gynae." that's how popular she is, i guess!

as i was looking around for a lady gyname, another friend recommended Dr Wong, so i decided to give it a try. she's nice so i stuck with her. She's at ACJ on #3. Her fellow doc Caroline Khi is nice too, i heard.

hi Apex, Valc -
upon hearing that i'm not a milk drinker (cos sligtly lactose intolerant), she gave me some milk samples to try and encouraged me to start drinking early. it's actually for our own good, to start building the calcium bank in us.

i started drinking at abt 8th week. haha. also enfa mama. cos it's the only one with choco flavour that i found. :> when i told my gynae last visit (11 week) that i've started drinking enfa... she candidly shared that she preferred mamil mama's flavour when she was preg herself! so i guess it's personal preference.!

btw, my weight gain is gradual. dont think the milk will cause huge differences. cos it's "reduced fat" anyway. why dont you start taking, the nutrients are good for you too. cant believe i'm saying this. i haven't drank milk/milk powder for the last, er, 10 years? hee. :>

Back