(2007/02) February

cherry - yes it's D-Link.

cherry - nwadays I hardly touch the things myself unless the maid is bz also. I dun want her to think tat she is really like a slave....

Hb is slowly trying to call out for the maid first b4 calling me. If nt, if A is notti, he always "Dear, bring him out!!"

I told him, is tat one fake one? Y always call me first? So nw he will hesitated for awhile b4 calling out the correct name.

haha milkie having fun going gai gai with TR and YR
happy.gif

jelly, yah lor, long time no see.. wonder how she is doing with her 2 bao beis.

cherry, true lah but so many maid abuse cases, guess there are lot of people who do make their maids work in 2 households.. what to do? Singaporeans aren't a v nice bunch of people :p

Giggler, you got a good maid! Aiyah my friend really v suay.. she's a good employer.. maid gets to eat whatever they eat, go expensive restaurants, big angpow etc.. but this maid dunno what's wrong with her lah. MOM still investigating so the maid is under some special permit, cannot work I think.

ah ger, I dun understand, why would u doing things yourself make her more like a slave? Wouldnt she be happier that u are doing it??

Jas is prob back at work cos she only has 8 weeks ML.

so tired today, went out shopping and hi tea with the Jan mummies. Tomorrow thinking of watching movie..then Monday another gathering..haha, last few days before returning back to work.

garfield, saw your posting on the thermoscan thermometer. No good? Actually I have been wanting to buy those thermometer (havent decide on brand)since I see them being used in PD clinics. But the nurse told me for home use, the normal thermometer is more accurate.

gd morning ladies!

Don't know why my girl has this 'black blister' on her tongue. This is the 2nd time. She had the 1st one last month, is like a blister and she burst it herself, blood came out. PD said could be she bite herself, but I was thinking how ca the blister be black. She had it again yesterday and last night she kept scratching and asked me to remove for her. This morning I see her tongue, the blister is like going to burst. Sigh..wondering why is this thingy recurring??
Anyone can advise me?

peko, eeee, black blister sounds v v scary.. how about bringing her to KKH? See if they can diagnose it.. 'cos to me, it sounds v disturbing!

cherry, ohhh no wonder never hear from jelly.. how about Jazzcy? She's back to work already? You Jan 09 moms are v happening!

Peko,

ghees, does PD have any remedy to prevent her biting herself?

or could be some other problem.

why not seek 2nd opinion?

Catz, not sure about jazzcy, think should be at work already cos she was about 2weeks ahead of me. Anyway she is prob busy with her new plc??

yah man, I just came back from a Jan 09 gathering again. We met last week, then this week, met 3 times already! And they may pop by my plc for a swim later. And we are meeting again on Monday...haha

my gal finally pooed big time after I brought her to one of the mummies plc to swim. Its those swimming tub since they cant go public pool yet. 12 days worth of poo..OMG

cherry, did I post b4? mine is braun if i not wrong. i kind of like the type tat touch forehead and press button... seen they use in cc but anyway, i already had one so i stick to it.

congrats on yr gal pooing. haha must be BIG business rgt?

peko, sounds scary... y not get another opinion?

catz, yes it sound scary hor... recently she develop eczema. It started on her bums first then a few weeks later spread to her whole body. I suspect this blister is link to the eczema problem. PD refer us to see a PD demologist,after using the body wash, lotion and moisturiser my girl condition is better now. We told the PD demologist about the blister on her tongue but at that point of time this blister has not recurr yet.

sunsweet, I don't think she bite herself lei, I will monitor and see how it goes.

peko,

i suspect zz also had eczema only now cos he will scratch his legs n sometimes hand until bleed... v dry n scars... which lotion is good?

does yr gal lose appetite now or still eating ok?

garfield, she is eating well so far. If your son skin is dry you better be careful if not later develop eczema. All along my girl skin is ok one. Why not you bring him to the PD first. My girl is using cetaphil moisturiser, the PD demologist say after the rashes are gone have to use this to maintain it.

peko, his skin was v good till after prob around 22 mths old?? suddenly he say itchy. at first i thot it mozzie... but now seems like he got sensitve skin... funny rgt? he never take any special food ley... guess i try cetaphil or sebamed?

peko, i only chatted in that thread after i have given birth cos during ML nothing much to do at home.

garfield, so good additional 20%, but got gymbucks or not?

Hi ladies!

I'm having a free trial class (music & movement) at SOHO Central this coming Sun 11-12pm.
It's actually for photography purposes..so decided to invite some friends and their kids (2-3 years old) to just enjoy a preview of the program and some refreshments thereafter.

All here are invited, but please let me know earlier if you are coming..sms me @94377124 by tomorrow evening okie.
Thank you!

Hi all,
Just to let you all know, my little prince was borned on 31 Mar, about 4 weeks earlier than EDD. My hubby has posted the birth story on his blog. If you are interested, can view it at http://jerlene.blogspot.com.

How's everyone doing here? I think doggie will be next. Hope to post more during my coming maternity leave. :)

jojo, Congrats!
happy.gif

cherry,ya, I'm sick leh,coughing very badly. Wanted to join Jan 09 gathering but didnt cos of cough.

Catz, my maid is good but she's gg back this Nov liao.

Gig, did u see doc? on antibiotics? I am going back to work this coming tue, so no chance to join gathering already. When are u going back to work? Think western mums going JP or vivo. Eastern mums have 1 last gathering at Mint's plc this mon.

jojo congrats!

charis,

oh i might be able to make it. actually got trial for gal in the morn but cancel. but then the timing is v near lunch time for the kids. can i bring G?

jojo, congrats!

cherry,

ya sounds strange but her offer too tempting so me n my fren decide to try our luck. anyway i didn't buy alot so try lo. but she not accepting my fren order as she only got 1 20% code...

garfield, shouldnt have any problem lah, gymboree small money unlike those branded bags..the spree organiser who bluff 30k has been caught already right?

Garfield..Can..we'll finish by 12pm..there's many places for lunch at Central..so u can just go off for lunch after the class.
But are u able to confirm with me if u coming asap..cos I contemplating to postpone if less than 3-4 kids.
Sms me @94377124.
Thanks!

Congrats Jojo!!!
Yup next should be Doggy..but havent heard from her for sometime.

jojo, congratulations!

Charis, sorry can't make it this week.. too tight liao.. my helper coming this week, much earlier than expected 'cos as I expected, her current employer is not relocating :p Messy messy...

Plus gonna do a bit of reno to the house to add storage.. aiyah gonna be v busy.

Hi Peko
juz to share..
i did accidentally bite myself on the inside of my cheek & got a "black blister" b4
it's actually blood contained in the blister that's why the black color
seen GP but GP ask me go see Dentist cuz he dunno wat izzit & it's inside the mouth
in the end it broke by itself b4 i saw the dentist
Nevertheless, u soon still bring your ger to a doctor asap!

jojo, congratulations!

Now that I am preggy again, I wonder how to cope with my 2 year old Xinfaye. We sleep in the same room next to each other. With the new baby how do mummies here arrange? If baby and toddler were to be in the same room wouldn't it be very disturbing when baby cries?

Regarding dry skin. Maybe add a bit more oil to the diet? Like olive oil or other healthy oil? I believe this will help moisturise the body from within.

charis, paiseh... didn't reply u cos i was outside whole sat noon till nite...

didn't act make it lor cos was at lib rather late tat sun... how was it?

Sap, G and zz sleep in the same rm for at least 2 nites every wk now... seems ok. but they tend to play w each other till late lor so now zz had been sleepin v late ;p but now G is able to sleep thru out nite so still quite ok. will advise u to let yr 2nd to sleep in sep rm first till u sort of understand her sleepin pattern... n also u can have more rest during yr cf period.

Hi Mummies,
Would like to know how much folic acid do you take durinf preggy? My gynae ask me to take 5mg a day. Isn't it too much?

jojo,
congrats...me still waiting for the big day to come. Been busy with my exams....but really hope to give birth soon.

Saphira,
So your spotting have stopped? take care..

cherryale,
saw your FB pic, wow, you lost so much since birth of Ashley...

Sap, my #1 and #2 sleep in the same room as us. For the first mth as I have CL, #2 slept in the children's room in her cot with CL. When she left, we moved the cot to the MBR and placed it beside the bed so that its easier for me to latch her at night. #1 still sleeps on our bed between me and hb.

My girl started to sleep thru since 6 weeks so for the first two weeks when she was sleeping with us I had to wake up to feed her around 2 or 3am. I think it does disturbed Ashton a little but he didnt wake up and continued to sleep.

Doggy, I didnt slim down a lot, still have about 2kg more to go. But yesterday I wore my tankini and went for a dip in the pool together with my hb and son. when is your EDD?

tinklebelle,the blister on my girl's tongue has broke by itself. I took down picture of it and will show it to the doctor when we bring her for review of her eczema. In the end you did not go to the dentist?

saphira, my girl sleep with us too. Then my boy will sleep in the cot. When my boy cried my girl still sleep like a pig, she did not wake up. Your concern is that you afraid that your bb cry will wake your girl up?

hello... hello... finally managed to fix the internet connection at my new place. will be back to work next Wed on 15 Apr. cherryale, how
are u planning to use your remaining maternity leave since u are going back before the full 16weeks?

smurfy, my maid is from Hyperlink agency. Yes... my maid has to be at my mum's place or in-laws place on weekdays. Like your maid, my maid doesn't do much stuff when she is there. Most of the time she is there, she will read the newspapers or books when Jeremy is asleep. Once, she was so bored that she took a nap sitting on the sofa. I don't mind that cuz it's better than her looking out the window with tears in her eyes. She is still home sick.

I am very easy with my maid but I do subtly let know that I should not be messed with. She acknowledges that she has a lot of rest time working for us and she doesn't need to spend a single cent. I buy everything for her and even pay for her intertational calls... she's been with us for less than 2 months and I already spent $20 for her calls. My maid is a high class maid so I need to manage her. So funny, she told me that she wouldn't ill treat Jeremy coz if she does so, her own children may also be abused by her maid in Philippines. Overall, I must say that she is good coz she knows how to cook, clean and look after baby. Only thing is that she is not auto with helping my parents to do housework. My strategy to this is that I will write down what she needs to do there which is actually very little.

Ah ger, no need to let her eat cod fish and salmon lah. I usu. let Timothy eat threadfin but that is for him only. The adults hardly eat threadfin as part of normal meals. My hb and I eat together with my maid if Jeremy doesn't ask to be carried. At home, she eats from the same plate of dishes as us but at my parents and in-laws place, they scoop out her portion for her.

Thank you cherryale and pekochan for your feedbacks. Wonder when will our toddler will be able to sleep on their own. Not sure how to train them too.

Jazzcy,
How are you
happy.gif
Hope you and your family are doing well.

jazzcy, wow your maid has a maid back in her hometown, really high-class maid lei.

Talking about maid, actually I quite stress about it. Think because I lack of the skills of managing people that's why. My maid is older than me, so somtimes I will have this feeling that if I sound too harsh it will affect her. I've been treating her well, and my friends tell me I shouldn't be too nice to her if not she will climb up to my head. We got her last year Nov, so she is with us for 5 mths already. One thing I don't like about her is that she doesn't greet us. Is not that I'm being bossy but at least when she sees us in the morning or when we come home she will acknownledge us. I thought all the maid will greet their Sir and Mdm. Maybe on her first day I should have tell her all these things?

Saphira,
I stop taking Folic acid now coz i'm due soon. I started with 5 mg tho...anyway, enjoy your 2nd pregnancy!

Cherryale,
My EDD is on 23 Apr but hope he will be out soon...feeling quite uncomfortable tho i put on only 5kg this time round.

Hi to all BTB,

sorry to interrupt your thread. I have got a 2nd hand Brandt front load washing machine to let go @ $350 (negotiable). Details of the machine as follows:

Model: Brandt WFF0812A
Max Load: 6kg
Max Speed: 800rmp
Unit Price: $800+

Please kindly PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

Cheers

doggy, congrats to you! Are you looking forward to your EDD? I put on 7kg to my 2nd preggy, my bb was 3kg at birth and I went back to my pre-pre-preggy weight, which is the weight before I give birth to my girl! I also don't why my weight can go back so fast this time.

Pekochan,
thanks and i think you are busy with 2 kids and hence, can return to the pre-pre-pregnancy weight so fast. How's your gal doing? My "valentino" is still so small, forever 10.something kg...and really behave like a valentino leh...went around hugging and kissing gals out there!!!

Back