(2007/02) February

jajabing,
yah i think i will be due in feb haha, have to wait for doc scan first.

liling,
yes, consider my 2nd one, my first was m/c at 8th week. Ur first pregnancy was bb girl or boy?? how old already? I dun have any MS yet.. touched wood. :p

chloe,
I am boiling pototoes soup tonight, i am full time hsewife now in bkk. haha so everything have to take care myself.. hb have to nag me every now and then.

I had 2 jabs of progesterone already for week 5 & 6. Doc say I dun need it anymore.

stellas,
must rest well and take care. There is still people who manage to have healthy bb even if they had spottings.

hi jajabings

i going back the tue after next to see dr. He keeps teasing me that i asked him for multiples and so that's wat happening now. But then, he also said he cannot see clearly cos they are far up the uterus.

icy, oh, today potato day, u also having potato soup.
happy.gif
Soup is nice esp when our stomachs tend to get cranky during pregnancy.

Wow, today this thread business very good hor? Hope more gals will join here. Should see the Jan thread too, very informative as well.

Hi Stella,

Yah dun worry too much ... cos I got a cousin who just gave birth last mth .. she was spotting all the way till birth and now her BB gal just turn one mth .. be more positive and things will turn out fine .. if u worry too much, it will also do harm to ure body okie .. tell ure bb to be strong as u wud like to see him in 9 mths time .. i always talk to my bb although i know its still quite early ... just dun worry too much and it will be okie ..

Hi Chloe,

Im feeling very excited for u .. are u looking forward to twins actually? its going to be fun ... but will take up alot of ure energy and time .. but all's worth it ... for the amt of time and effort u put into all these ..

jajabings

Dr always teased me that i asked for triplets! So of cos, twins will be good.
happy.gif
But then, let nature takes its own course lor. In fact, i am already more than happy to have just one. i am sure u can understand how i feel cos we both went thru a lot to have these babies!

Chloe,

Of cos i do understand .. there was once i was trying so hard and nothing works .. i even went through depression, but mild ... the GP gave me anti depressant and sleeping pills .. i was feeling so disappointed when my menses came that mth ... now im just glad to have a bb ... boy or gal it doesnt matter .. so long as his healthy and Im alreday very happy now..
happy.gif

hi all,

We should come in and share our feelings and experiences as we go along since we are all due in feb ... and next time we can share our bb photos too...
happy.gif

hi icy,
ya, this is my second one, first one is a boy and now is 2 years old.. my first pregnancy was really a good one, no vomit, no giddy, no fatigue... eveything no... surprisingy, on the day i know i am giving birth is when my water bag burts without any pain till they inject me with the induce medicine.. i gave birth after 3 hours contraction without any jab ( epidural...).
but i guess this time won't be so lucky.. only first trimester i am already half-dead.. haha....my gynae gave me 3 weeks mc cause i got severe MS.. but my boss don approve my MC.. got to work still... haiz...

Hi koh,

Ure boss so bad .. i think now u cam make a complaint against them .. discriminating pregnant women .. saw it once on the news .. how can they disapproved ure mc .. what if its really bad and its affecting ure health .. im sure the company wun want to be held responsible right ... but please take good care of ureself .. if cant work, then dun go .. its not worthwhile working heart and lungs out for this type of company too ..

jaja,
haha, u're rite.. but my company is a small one with me alone working inside only... haiz wat to do... small company is like that.. thanks for ur concern... haiz... people says morning sicness.. for me is wholeday sickness.. everywhere i go.. a plastic bag will follows... like a cleaner...

Poor gal ... koh, seriously, if ure really not well, please dun go to work . ure small company wun compensate u if theres anything bad happens also .. please do take good care of ureself ...
happy.gif

Chloe,

Good that u can eat ... must eat more for the twins .. they will need more food !!!!
hehehe ...

Hi all,

Since we all all newly pregnant ... just kaypoh, do u gals share the joy with all ure frens or preferred to keep quiet till its stable ?

Jaja, I'm keeping quiet. So far only my parents, brother and a good fren in aussie know.

Am waiting till 2nd tri then let others know...

me too .. but its reall so hard to keep mum abt good news .. dun u think ..but for the sake of my bb, i keep mum also ..

me only share with my parents, PILs and boss (no choice, cos on long MC!!). Dun intend to tell the rest until 2nd trimester. Well, IVF has a higher risk of miscarriage, so it's better for us to keep it to ourselves at this moment. Not so much of pandang, but becos should anything goes wrong, i dun have to answer queries from the rest of the pple cos they will not know in the first place.

Jaja, I'm keeping it to myself for the time being cos I've seen frens that annouce happily tt they were preggie, onli to have to annouce the miscarriage also...

Imagine they already so sad about the miscarriage and alot of insensitive pple will keep asking about it lor...

So we rather play safe and not say. If pple ask, my respond is "you'll know when the time comes"
happy.gif

jaja,
for me.. i am second pregnancy.. everyone can see mt little tummy now.. and of course, frequent vomitting will give me away...

Liling, which hospital do you intend to give birth in and what's you definition of not too expensive?

Cos I got a few recomendations from my couz, clinic in bedok, but the gynae delivers in Mt E, which can be v costly for delivery....

liling,
Woah, your first delivery is so smooth.. So now you are hoping for a ger ger hor, 2-3 years difference for age is just nice. This kind of pregnancy thingy is really luck hor,even if MS or delivery time.

jajabings,
only my close friend knows, but since I am not working now.. it is easier to avoid people asking. :p Yah, actually it is better to wait for everything is stable then inform people, but sometimes just have to let boss/supervisor know.

Your boss very bad leh.. i thought they had to let u go or at least work from home or what.

mrs wong & liling,
I actually compared hospital bill available to website, seemed like the most ex is raffles, TMC, then MT e, then gleneagles and mt a.

I dunno if i am right at comparing cos quite confusing as they have different tables.

Icy, I'm doing a comparison based on my fren's and couz's bills. The information on the hospital websites are not complete...

Since most of them gave birth naturally with no epi, it's v easy to make comparison...

So far the most exp is Mt E > Gleneagles > Raffles > TMC > Mt A

I compared the bill for mummy onli, excluding gynae fees. The comparison does not include baby's bill cos all thier babies had different complications...

The rooms rates are different, but they misc charges are the bulk of the bill...

mrs wong and icy,
actually i intend to give birth at east shore the bill for the hospital i have already call up and ask . now i am only lack of a gynae who can deliver at east shore and of course the gynae fees wont be so costly.. u know going to have a second baby is a bit tight $$$ wise...

jajabings

u will continue with dr foong? i will be continuing with him cos he knows my case well. So will be using Gleneagles. i heard he also delivers is Mt A.

hi gals,
any idea very difficult to conceive for 2nd one? im tryin .... now feel abit depressed/sianz coz next wk is my period....

mrs wong,
where did you heard from...i am not too sure but i just called ES to ask bout the bill and package price.. they never mention anything bout closing of maternity ward... u sure?

Liling, I heard from my fren who works as a nurse there and several MTBs in this forum have also said the same thing...

mrs wong,
oic.. cos I wanna deliver at MT e, since my gynae will be there. Still considering, cos I thought if the gynae is over at that hospital, it is like more convenient for them to 'walk" over and check on us anything if we are on delivery.

skippy,
i think it doesnt matter is 2nd one or 3 one. It also depends on the age and our ovulation cycle. Dun get stress up, think will hinder your TTC.

liling,
perhaps u can call east shore and ask for gynae in bedok?

icy,
i called them and ask.. i have alredy choosen one gynae.. thanx a lot.. but now worrying bout the closure of maternity ward

mint ocean,
is ok for 6 weeks to see water bag only.. different people got different pregnancy.. when i was preg with my 1st one.. 9 weeks still cannot see the baby... don worry.. wait patiently.. u will see ur baby soon.. good luck

mint,
haha, no worrries... if there is anything the doctor will tell you instead of asking u to go back another 2 weeks time... relax...
take care

hi ladies,
me come in to kpo a bit.

liling,
for east shore gynae, can choose Dr Heng. My friend recommends her.

re: which hospital more exp?
definitely Mt E, followed by Glen E, then TMC

chloe,
thanks for the info, think I will have to check with my gynae abt the delivery cost again.

Hi Chloe,

I will stick with Dr Foong defintely .. cos me and my husband very comfy with him .. and trust him to atke good care of me and the bb.. he delivers in Mt A ?? which is better ? Gleneagles or Mt A??

and also gals, do u all gets frust easily .. i know its bad but i just cannot control my temper last nite .. poor hubby did not do anything wrong and got it from me .. did anyone have the same experience?

Skippy10,
i got a fren who gave birth last dec and now she is preg with the second child who is 3 mths in her .. i guess stay happy and relax and not be too stress up ... im sure it will be done !!!

long time no in here .. good to see so many ppl in here .. its getting very informative ..

Jaja, avoid doing anything that will allow your skin/scalp come in contact with chemicals.

Although it has not been proven that dyeing/perming/rebonding hair during pregnancy will affect the fetus, I'm sure you do not want anything to happen to your child.

I have seen cases where the mummy din care about all these, kids died of cancer before they reached 2yo.

I think highlighting (make sure nvr touch scalp) is alright, but avoid the rest.

Thanks Mrs Wong ..

sure .. i think will bear that in mind first ... looks like i have to take my perm hair for now ... but i will be happily doing that .. hehehe

Jaja, I rebonded before my wedding cos we know cannot do anything to the hair once I'm preggie...

Even now I change my shampoos and soap to organic shampoos and soap...

Hi mint..

Ya..i think its fine..I think it depends how yr cycles are..something like that? Like if yours is a longer cycle..then by weeks its longer..but growth its still normal..Anyway, how long were yr cycles?

Ladies..Anyone had spotting recently? Implantation bleeding maybe? I didnt have any leh..Must u have spotting normally? Or is it better not to have spotting?

I seem to have MS too..nausea..and drastic appetite swings..sudden hunger..which makes me want to vomit..then sudden lost of appetite. Anyone similar symptoms?

Charis, I had implantation bleeding during week 6. Slight spotting for 2 days. Did not get any hormone tabs or jab and I went out as usual and played with my nephews as usual.

It's alright to have, it's also alright to not have. Cos every one is different
happy.gif
Maybe yours might be slightly later
happy.gif

Mrs Wong, Ya..maybe later..but if no spotting maybe good also..cos i had spotting thruout my 1st pregnancy..then I m/c at about 10 weeks.

Charis, if you have m/c b4 and you start spotting, you must quickly call your gynae and go for jab and start taking hormone tabs already...

My fren had m/c b4 and she had bed rest throughout her whole pregnancy...plus jabs every week...

Hi
Juz 2weeks ago went to hv a check up wif gynae, Im 5weeks preggie (so happy) but last week Ive got tis brown color discharge, Im so scare immediately went to c gynae wif my hubby. Gynae said that either is my hormone is low or BB is hving problem, gynae said its only 5weeks cnt c BB heartbeat, so I had a hormone jab then nx week I will go and c my gynae again for BB heartbeat. My hubby keep telling me to be more positive (I had a v bad experience last time) , dont be so stressful and try to relax and rest more.

Hi koh
My gynae is Dr Heng (since u live at bedok area), Dr Heng clinic is v near the India cinema, dwnstair got a Macdonald. She deliver at ES hospital. She a v motherly gynae and had a v beautiful smile.

Charis,
I think it is better not to have spotting of course.. doc informed me that once I had spotting then have to go hospital immediately. I also had spotting thro'out last time.

I dun't have any MS leh, it makes me paranoid becos people say MS means hormone is good. I only have mood swing.

ger,
u must take lots of care and rest. Dun get stress up.. last time becos of my work, I stress up and even spot more.

Back