2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Hey Jovia|Ger,
who's gonna be ur future gynae? will Dr Tony Tan still be able to see thru' ur delivery? Its quite a pity cos' i thot he's pretty good but then he's leaving soon.. *sob*

Congrats Jlyn.

Looks like all the multiplies are getting bigger with each delivery.

Best_twins, hmm...yours sounds more like babies moving. Anyway, even if contractions and happens only once, it should be alright. However, do take note whether it happens regularly.

best-twins, I don't think it's contractions cos' if they were, they should be occuring at intervals, not for a whole 30 mins. Maybe it was stomache being too bloated or constipation
happy.gif

Mummies, how are u Bfing your twins? Using the BF cushion with one on each side, or letting them take turns? But what if the 1st twin sucks u dry, then the 2nd one will be left with no milk? Or do u BF one, and give the other one your expressed milk?

Also, are most of you SAHMs or intending to be? Am going to get a maid in soon and getting my dad to supervise her when I return to work (more $ is always better what with tiwns). But somehow, I'm not ruling out the possibilty of becoming a SAHM for a year or so, cos' I don't want to miss out on the most formative years of my babies' lives.

Thanks tch and alethea, feel better now
happy.gif
will go and see doc if it happens again and regularly.

Alethea,
me going to be a SAHM until the babies are 16 or 17 months, after that wil send them to childcare and i'll start working. My hubby is not earning much but he is on overseas project now so thot will manage with the extra income until they are old enough to go childcare. If singleton i would have never stopped working and would have put them in infant care but infant care would be too ex with twins
happy.gif

Alethea,
me going to be a SAHM, have not considered when to go back to work
happy.gif
maybe until they go child care at 3 or 4 yrs old. going to child care riskes their health cos still young immunity system no good.

twinsmom and doggiesmummy, both of u r very brave. I also hope to quit my job, but the thought of the additional expense on maid, diapers, other daily necessities, insurance for the BBs, etc. it would really be a stretch on a single income....

twinsmom,
I've also been experiencing a lot more movements in my tummy too... For the past week, it started off with that slow turning movement on/off every two days or so. But then I haven't been able to sleep well for the past 2 nights, not sure why suddenly wake up at 5am. Then yesterday, my tummy felt heavy and low and a little uncomfortable quite frequently...not sure whether it was because I was busy doing computer work (printing, scanning, etc) and didn't lie down to rest at all. Then last night when I was resting and watching tv, i felt movememt/tightening on my left side for a few seconds...so weird, cos after that, the left side was hard but the right side felt softer...dunno is it both twins bullying me and trying to both squeeze into my left side. And I could have almost sworn that my belly appeared a little more square-ish with the left side appearing a little bigger...

Haiz...I can't be calling my doctor everytime I feel something move, right? Sometimes I feel a little kancheong and want to just call my doctor if I can go down for a scan immediately to see if my babies are doing ok (since my last scan was a mth ago)...but then my detailed scan is next week, so trying to tell myself to hold off until then. What to do? Confused...
sad.gif

On the other hand, I think it's good that I'm also becoming more sensitive to babies movements now...when i lie on my right side, I can sometimes feel a light tapping on my right...and I tell myself that maybe I'm starting to feel the babies' kicks...
happy.gif

20wks+

Hi all

Yeah, my turn very soon (next week), so pretty excited abt it.. hehe.. Yesterday had more intense menstrual like cramping, as well as felt lower pelvic pain, maybe my boy has moved lower down already??

Going for wk 36 gynae chkup later, including some detailed scan, so will most probably determine and confirm my method of delivery by today I hope..

Hi mama mic

I have changed from Dr TT to Dr SF LOh since week 34, and so far, he has been very nice and informative as well. Thk Dr SF Loh is more pro-natural, he kept on encouraging me to try... and said I have chosen the right gynae if I want natural delivery!

Hi doggiesmummy / Best Twins

I will also be a SAHM, at least till they are abt 9 mths old. After my 3 mths maternity here, will join my hubby overseas again, together with the twins
kao_smile.gif

So happy, my hubby finally coming home tomorrow! Just in time for the delivery!
kao_happy.gif

doggiesmummy & alehtea,
Ya their immune system is weak when they are young but i believe that childcare group setting will strengthen their immune system if they start young, however, again it depends on the induvidual cc and whether the parents send their sick child in. I would love to home school my child until 3 and then send to a kindergarten but then need to go back to work la...i really dont like the idea of maid or mil taking care of my kids keke...

alethea,
i m not going to employ maid while i m a SAHM, hoping to cope alone after i recover(gosh dont know how difficult it may be) my mil and mother will help until i recover. Yes single income will be difficult with two new comers....hope u make a decision that makes u happy and comfortable.

choco,
I also feel the babies kick while i lie on my left or right, its like tapping also. Hubby also said he hear all kinda sound inside, dont know what leh....?may be hubby bluffing me!
Dont worry about calling the gynae if u dont feel rite, ur detailed scan soon? thats good...will know the gender and their position.

jovia,
yeah! soo nice to know that SF LOw is pro natural, hehe...me too going to join hubby with twins after 3 months until they are 1 year.
Enjoy your time with hubby....am soo excited for u...take care!

Thanks, Jovia|Ger.. maybe i shd switch to ur gynae too.. is it a he or a she? Tony Tan was also ok when i wanted to try natural, jus dat my girls didn't want to come out.. hee..

Best_Twins,
good dat u've decided to be a SAHM. I was also looking aft my girls until they were abt 8mths+ before putting them in infantcare. But i had no extra help, so i was basically "insane" for dat 8mths until the finances were taking a toll, so i decided to work again.

Right now, my girls are at CiYou Infant care (Whampoa), previously they were at Kids' Star(Bedok). The rates at CiYou is the cheapest i hv come across ($350 aft subsi) and they're pretty good and pro too. I'm quite happy wif them
happy.gif

Its true dat babies fall sick more easily at childcares and infantcares, dats y i also tahan till my girls were older before putting them there. But in a way, it also helps to build their immunity to these common cold and bugs. So dats y must try to BF when possible, ya? ;)

Alethea
I'm also a SAHM now becos of my twins. I enjoy working and of course 2 sets of income is always better than one. But its only been 3+ weeks and I'm glad I've made the decision to stay at home. I can't imagine anyone else taking care of my twins now. I really enjoy bathing them, feeding them and even changing their diapers.
happy.gif
I'd like to stay home with them till they are 18 months before I go back to the work force. As for finances, its all up to individuals to manage. My HB sign up for car sharing instead of having to maintain a car of our own. We are also prepared tp cut down on luxury stuff, overseas trips, etc. But the twins made us feel its worth it afterall.

mamamic,
My "insane" life will probably start week after next when my CL leaves. I hope I can manage on my own with perhaps some help from my MIL who stays quite a distance from my place.
happy.gif

My milk supply is very little and the twins are mostly taking FM. I still trying to express and give them as and when I can.
sad.gif

AletheaT
i am not getting maid and will shift in to stay with my mil. so expensewise it's only on the kids, cos our meals will be with mil of course need to give her extra money. and like twin mtb, we will cut down on the luxury stuff

twin mtb and mamamic
my insane life starts tomorrow when CL leaves, though staying with mil after that, but she will only help in the day time, which is their napping kuai kuai time. the hectic night time is only me n hubby looking after them
sad.gif

Alethea, I am a working mom. Have to continue as I have 3 children now.

On breastfeeding, according to the LC at KKH, it would be best to feed at tandarm so that the milk flow on one side will not be wasted and it will also stimulate the supply better. I did that while in hospital and when their timing coincide. However, after awhile, their feeding time was different. By right, I should be waking them up to feed every 3 hourly but after awhile, I figured no point doing that cos they wouldn't even suckle if I put the breast to their mouth. That's when I started expressing cos I was having the same thoughts as you, i.e. if Twin 2 wakes up an hour after Twin 1 feeds, then there is no milk for Twin 2.

But I guess you have to decide when your milk supply comes in. If like Audryn, you have sufficient even after 1 twin finish feeding, then it would be best to latch both on even at different timing.

Choco, I understand what you mean about squarish on 1 side. Mine was on the right and it felt like only 1 side is tightening. But I don't think that is contraction cos when it came to the real contractions, I somehow knew and it was really regular, like every few minutes. That happened to me at 35weeks and I monitored from night till the next noon before I went to hospital for check up which confirmed it was contractions.

doggies_mummy and twins_MTB,
its usually the case lah.. dun worry, somehow u'll get thru' it.. when people ask me how i handle, i oso dunno how to answer them, hee.. jus try to stay calm and dun PANIC!!!
happy.gif

When i was BFing, i try to do it together (for both babies) in the day. At night, i also tried to do TBF but sometimes when i'm really tired, i'll give them formula for their last feed, so at least i get to sleep for a full 3-4 hours.

Although its good to BF ur babies, but pushing urself too hard might hv adverse effects. After all, it shd be an enjoyable experience for both u and babies. Dun pressure urself too much and try to relax as much as possible lah.. ;)

Hi all

Just back from my wk 36 chkup. Babies are now 2.5kg and 2.7kg, still absorbing well from me.. hehe.. Still one head down, one transverse.

I'm already having mild contractions, as shown from CTG scan, so he said I may just go into labor over next few days. If not, will go for scheduled c-sect on 1 Nov.

Hi mama mic

Dr SF Loh is a guy, snr consultant at KKH.

tch,
Thanks, I feel better to hear that. Because it's my first time feeling all this...so not sure what to make of it... But today was better...not much tightening at all.

Jovia,
Good that your babies' weights are doing well. Is it uncomfortable for you when you have one baby horizontal (transverse?) and one vertical? I can't visualise...hee hee... your ultrasound must be interesting...

Hi Best Twins

So u gonna take care of your twins alone overseas? It's gonna be quite a tough job right? I m lucky to have my MIL willing to go with us overseas..

Hi choco latte

Yalor, tis wk's ultrasound is the most amazing. The head down bb change to tranverse, and the transverse bb change to head down! Can't imagine they can still move so much at wk 36!

mamamic,
ya loh a bit scared of the insane period, but hoping to cope. My mum is with me now and will be here until the babies are 3 months but once i go overseas dont know how??

The infant care u hav mentioned seems to b very cheap leh! But its too far for me cos i stay in Punggol 21, all the infant care here are full house and i also dont quiet like their standard.

jovia,
Amzing how babies can move so much inside us! Ya me going to take care alone while at overseas but will get some part time cleaner there. My mil cant come cos she's got a dog and a bachelor son to look after. Well think i'll be better off without her keke...

<font color="aa00aa">22weeks+</font>

Hi BestTwins, you are going overseas with your 2 boys ? where will you be heading ? btw, have you decided to deliver the bbs at KKH, this is also my concern as I might opt for epi-c-section and worry about the part about hubby not allowed in
sad.gif

Hi Jlyn
Congrats, very glad to hear of your smooth delivey
happy.gif

Hi AletheaT
My boy can't latch on properly so after trying for so long decided to just let it be and he is being fed via bottle. However both twins are on total breast feed now. Really takes alot of discipline to continue pumping no matter how tired I am so in a typical 24 hr day, I pump about 6-7 times to have enough for my boy. Currently can get about 120ml to 140ml each pumping session. For the gal just latch on directly, she seem to be contented with just 15 mins on one side each feed.

I will continue to work after the 3 months maternity leave. The 3 kids (my 4 year old and the twins) will be cared for by my mum and the maid during the day while I'm at work. Guess it's a lifestyle choice for me and my hubby, so the topic of being a SAHM didn't crop up.

Hi JoviaGer
Do rest well in the meantime and look forward to hearing your birth story when you deliver.

didi,
welcome here!
Yes planning to go with hubby, I m gonna deliver in KKH, I m also not comfortable with the idea of hubby not being with us but i m more worried abt any complications (touch wood) so thot its best for our financial status if i stay with kkh, moreover am quiet reluctant to change gynae la....better stick to SF Loh
happy.gif

Twinsmum, yep, that's also my concern and Dr Loh will know our history better, btw it kind of early, are you planning to breastfeed your boys ? I thought of, but 2 how ?
happy.gif
we will be alone and scared if hubby cannot come in the OT and I really want to share that special moment with hubby (ie the babies being delivered)

Didi,
Yes, wanna bf the babies but reading how some mummies suffer to get enough milk makes me wonder if i will have any milk for them, whatever, will try my best do wat i can do
happy.gif
. Dont worry the exp mummies here will give us tips and support. Do read up the above posts there's a lot of info on bf.

I also badly wanna share that wonderful experience leh, but I m worried abt the cost and quality of NICU in private hospitals should our babies come a little earlier than they should
sad.gif
Hopefully it doesnt happen.

For now i m planning to go for A1 room in kkh for my delivery, the cost is same as tmc or mtA but we can downgrade in case of emergency i think.

twinsmom and didi
I know KKH dun allow HB to be in the OT even for epic-C-sect. But I dunno why. Maybe you can ask your gynae directly and see if he/she can make an exception? I feel its really important for HB to be around to witness the birth of your babies. My HB was glad he witness the entire process in the OT. And I was glad he was there to share that moment when my gynae took my babies out frommy womb and lift them up high, so that I could see them beyond the "curtain" in front of me. Its unforgettable bcos only your HB can share your joy. The rest of the ppl in the OT may feel happy for you but they witness this everyday. Nothing special for them for its the "moment of a life time" for you and HB.

So if you are going to deliver at KKH, give it a try and ask your gynae to see if things can be arranged. I really dun see why HB cannot be allowed in the OT.
happy.gif

doggies mummy,
How are you surviving to date after your CL left? Everything OK? Take care and rest well huh!

I'm still struggling with showering my babies cos I'm not fast enough. Scared I'll hurt them if I do it fast, but also afraid they may catch a cold if I'm too slow. Sigh... Must practise, practise, practise... :p

Hi all, thank u for all the well wishes. I delivered via c-sec on 26 oct morn. Took B1 ward and eventually upgraded to A1 when I knw that BBs are ok. Yah, both quite good wgt, 2.81 and 2.82kg. Gynae said because of their sizes (i supposed he meant big)so it took him sometime to bring out bbs from my tummy. I was conscious during the c-sec, can feel the tugging and pulling.. but no worries no pain. It was quite painful during the administering of spinal anaethesia.. this also probably becos i couldnt lie in the position (tugged knees close to chest.. i tried lor.. but tummy too obstructive leh) they wanted me to. After resting sometime at the recovery area, I was pushed back to ward abt an hour plus later. No pain cos lower body still numb. By the next, catherer removed and I tried to sit up on my own. That is what I call PAIN. For the rest of the day, I spent most of the time sitting on the chair entertaining my visitors. Didnt want to lie on bed cos scared of the "getting up" pain. With painkillers, the pain was bearable. On the 3rd day, I went to the pharmacy to get the DALE binder.. I would recommend this binder to all going for c-sec, it holds ur tummy and with lesser movement, u feel lesser pain. Anyway, my tummy still quite big leh.. like 4-5 mth preggy. I was discharged yesterday.

Tiring looking after my boys. No joke trying to keep up with their 3 hourly feeds and my 3 hourly pumps. It has been tough trying to feed them at the same time.. so sometimes I miss my pumping session. Breasts very engorged and I am thinking of giving it up. It's impt to get enough help to pull thru this. Now, I am trying to enjoy my new motherhood without being too "hard" on myself on the BM pumping.

Ok so much for now.. jia you to all mummies to be.

twins_mtb,
Thanks for the info...ya loh i oso dont know why this kkh dont allow hb inside ot for epi-c-sect. Am gonna ask the doc this wed during my appointment see what he says. Hopefully he will say "yes"

How are ur gals doing, are they making eye contact now? soo sweet...cant wait for my turn!

jlyn,
Congrats! and thanks for sharing the exp. You mean u were able to walk on the 3rd day? So how do we shower after the surgery? can the place be washed? I got so many questions but dont know where to start keke...

Twinsmom, I started walking on the 2nd day. For me, the pain while walking is bearable. It is the pain when I am trying to get up from seat or bed that is painful. Not to worry though, I dont feel much pain by the 3rd day. My wound is not covered with waterproof bandage, didnt shower.. just wiped.

Can anyone help me with this? Should I decide to stop bf-ing (or rather to stop pumping), how do i go abt it? Do I just leave the breasts engorged and dont express it out? Will the rock-like breasts be back to normal (not hardened) after that?

Jlyn,
Why dun you try to BF only during the day? Then you'll get to rest at night. You'll need plenty of rest during this month, so catch up with the BF and pumping during the day. Your breast will be less engorged if you express the milk or BF your babies. If you dun, the pain from engorgement will remain and its quite unbearable.

twinsmom,
I also have the same experince as Jlyn. I have no problem walking around from 2nd day. Only experinced pain when trying to get off the hospital bed. But the pain is bearable, so no worries. Yes, we can't shower for the initial few days. Can only wipe. I asked the nurse and she says its better not to shower, in case traces of water gets thru the waterproof bandage and infect the wound.

My gals are making eye contact already. And they smile when you poke their cheeks. They are also quite kay-poh. They'll stop drinking their milk and listen to conversations. Hahaha...
lol.gif

twinsmom and all,
Here's the updated pix of Gracia and Chloe.

At 2 weeks - Gracia sleeping soundly
559748.jpg

At 2 weeks - Chloe making funny faces
559749.jpg

Thanks jlyn and twins_mtb for the info
happy.gif

jlyn,
I have no exp on bf....but truly hope u find a solution to ease ur pain. Take care and rest well!

twins_mtb,
soooooooo cute leh....can already smile at people ah? wow...babies grow very fast during the first few months i guess!

Good job gracia and chloe....
559772.gif

Twinsmum, I also thought of going for A1 (one-bedded) ? but touch-wood if we want to downgrade, wonder if this is possible as sometime if the babies need extra days at KKH then it can be quite expensive too
happy.gif

Hi Jlyn,
u shd still continue to express/BF until u dun feel engorge anymore. The reason y its engorged is becos' the milk ducts are blocked. If the pain is too unbearable, use cold cabbage to slow down the milk production 1st at night.

Wat u shd do know now is to take a warm towel, and keep massaging ur breasts in small circular motions ard ur breast (one at a time), esp the v hard areas (like massaging a bruise/blue-black spot) BEFORE and DURING BFing/expressing. Also roll ur nipples (including areola) between ur thumb n index fingers, so dat the milk can flow more easily. Massage for abt 10-15mins 1st before BFing.

Once u start BFing/expressing, u shd feel the hard portions on ur breast start to soften. I know its very painful to massage ur breasts now, but must tahan.. best to ask ur hubby to do it for u, cos u really need to loosen the blocked milk ducts in order to pump the milk out.

If u leave the engorgement alone n not do anything, u might end up wif an infection (mastitis) and come down wif a fever. So must perserve, ya!

Hi all

To those who are going c-section with epi at KKH, the reason why KKH dun allow HB to be inside op rm is cos they have abt 12 op theatres, and they dun have enough nurses to help ensure the HB dun get lost and wander ard into the wrong op theatres. Anyway, this was the reason my ex gynae Dr TT gave lar, thk private hosp dun have so many op theatres...

Also, I thk for twins, in the op rm itself, there already would be so many hosp staff on hand to assist in the delivery, so shld be very cramped already??

For me, these 2 days, really SOOOOO difficult to walk due to the loosening ligaments/joints at my tummy/upper thigh area. Thk I walked too much last Sun, when I went out with HB for some coupletime before the babies come... Haiz..

Later going to KK to do my blood test/blood count etc, and tmr going for my c-sect in the morning. Yeah! Am going to graduate tomorrow...

Wish me luck and see all of you soon!
kao_byebye.gif

Good luck, Jovia|Ger!
happy.gif

Actually there's another waiting room for Daddies next to the OT (at least the one i went to had a waiting room), so after ur darlings "pop" out, the nurses/midwives will give them a quick clean before letting u kiss them and showing them to anxious Daddies waiting next door.
happy.gif

moms and mtbs,
I passed by a stall at the basement of Causeway Point which print names on cute stickers. Its nothing new bcos I have seen it long time ago. But now that my twins had arrived, I find it quite interesting to print their names on stickers, then use them to differentiate their belongings. Quite fun! In case you are interested, the stall will be at Causeway Point (outside McDonalds at #B1) till 26 Nov, except 6-11 Nov where they will be at Hougang Mall.

For those who has not seen it, here's a pix of the stickers for your reference:

560995.jpg

Hi ladies! I just got back from my detailed scan. Found out that I'm carrying 2 princesses!
happy.gif
happy.gif
So cute to see them moving around and seeing each part of their bodies in detail. The funny thing was, just when I commented on Jovia's twins' positions during her scan last week, mine turned out to be the same today...one was head-down and the other was transverse! Almost like a letter T...hee hee. No wonder this past week I'd been feeling a little uncomfortable and heavy in the tummy...
happy.gif

I'm thinking of buying the maternity girdle/belt to help support thre tummy's weu=ight. Anyone has any recommendations on which brand to use and where to buy one? Medela tummy belt so far the most exp one I saw at $79. Looking for something cheaper...

jovia,
sooooooo exciting leh...all mummies popping one by one! All the best and wish u a smooth and happy delivery
happy.gif
take care and post your precious ones pic once u r ok to sit in front of the computer.

didi,
I think we will be advised to take B1 first before delivery and upgrade later like most of the sisters here, so that if there's a complication we can downgrade immediately
happy.gif

mamamic,
I wanna request the doc to let hubby in the OT see wat he can do
happy.gif

twins_mtb,
hey thats a cute sticker too bad i cant get now cos havent select the names yet keke..

choco,
congrats on finding the babies' sex, two princesses sooo sweet leh! So wat are u gonna do with the boys set of carters that u bought? Is there any slogon on it saying boys, me have two rompers written on it "mummy's girl" keke...

Twinsmom,
Hee hee...you want to swap your S girl's pack for my XL boy's pack? Can keep for when they are bigger. But shld we wait for a while more before we swap? Just heard of someone who was told she was having a boy when it later turned out to be a girl during her 3rd trim scan?! Can you imagine her shock?

choco,
Really? Dont know that its possible!!! how i wish the doc says i have one girl one boy haha...sooo greedy rite? jus kidding....i have already painted my nursery in bold colours for my boys hehe...and also bought some boy's clothes all identicals 3 sets each two new born size and one adult size for hubby keke...

Ya we can swap the girls and boy's clothes later even after they are born
happy.gif
My carters boys all white, may b u hav coloured ones!

hi gals, i am doing a spree on bobux shoe. so if u r interested, can go to market place or march 06 side to order, ok.

Twinsmom,
Yeah that was a true tale. And I was chatting with my doc abt it and he says he's heard of errors both ways (boy-to-girl; girl-to-boy) due to babies' positions during the scan.

Wah, even your hubby will be having a matching outfit same with your newborn boys? You're so cute! Can't be rompers right? Hee hee...just kidding... Mine girls leh, so I doubt I can convince my hubby to wear pink stuff to match...hahahaha.... But I can start to think of something I can wear to match my gals too...

About the carters boys rompers are quite nice, cos I purposely chose one with blue stripes and some with little printed cars on it. So quite colourful, but mainly blue or white-based. It doesn't specifically say anything about being a boy on the rompers, so actually can wear for girls too. Just that when you see the blue colours of 3 of them (out of the 5), you can tell it's meant for boys. Yah, we hold on to ours first...can swap later after our next detailed scan...hee hee. Anyway, now that I know their gender, I can start shopping liao...yay!

hey sistas,

its taken me quite sometime before i wanted to post here, as i wanted a sure scan of twins before i did that
happy.gif

yesterday had my scan, 2 fluttering heartbeats
happy.gif
so me a newbie and new mommie to be, i feel i always so lost in this world of being a mom and buying things and doing wat... i'm only coming 7 weeks preg tmr.
happy.gif

wat do we normally do to prepare during first tri? i know we can't exercise right? means the antenatal yoga and classes and all is later?

wat else ah? where you gals go to get your clothes or stuff? eat leh? i have been nauseous, doc says will get worse next few weeks.

at least got this forum to help me out ..
happy.gif

It had been sometime since I last login. I had delivered my little princess &amp; prince on 19 oct 2006(at31++). The girl is 1.2kg &amp; 1.4kg.

My naught girl decided to see mummy earlier and burst my water bag on 17 oct 2006 &amp; I was admitted to KKH. The doctors were trying very hard to hold back the del to week 35 but I had a very bad contraction that the doctors can't stop the it.

So I had an emergency c-section on 19 oct 2006.

When the babies wanted to see the world there were nothing we can stop them.

hi Antz Antz
Congratulations! How is your babies ? Are they in hospital? I also delivered my triplet around 31 weeks and their weights are the same as yours. Please do take good care of yourself and meanwhile, make full use of the time to build up your health coz your babies need you when they come home....

Antz antz,
Nice to see u after a long time...Oh u have delivered already? Big Congrats on your steps into motherhood. Hope u and babies are doing great
happy.gif
Ya your little girl has decided to come a little early. How are they now? Do they have to be in NICU? For how long?

U r rite, when they have decided nothing can stop...u take care and enjoy your motherhood hunny!

choco,
Happy shopping and spending liao! keke u r sooo funny leh...
561809.gif
, wil see if hubby wants rompers keke...Actually gonna buy those long sleeved Ts from mother care really looks like little adults clohtes, thats when hubby said he also wants the same colour and design. Oh ya u can wear matching clothes with ur gals wat, haha poor hubby dont make him wear pink la...

The girls carters i said are pink base and white and pink floral design, my hubby says no way he will let his little lion cubs wear those haha...k we'll swap later
happy.gif

mooch,
Welcome to the thread
happy.gif

I can understand your queries, i was like u when i first found out pregnant and more when it was multiples.

For me, i did not buy or do anything during my first trimester, I had very bad MS that i cant even drink water at times. I was resting at home most of the times and trying to eat something to survive. I dont think we should do any exercise during the first trimester esp when its multiple pregnancy. May be u should check this with ur gynae.

I started wearing maternity clothes very early like during my 8th week cos tummy was bloated like 6 months hehe...For a start i bought clothes from a cheap shop in toa payoh, they have some maternity clothes selling for $10-24, later i bought the rest from Taka (some maternity some like baby doll tops), since i m not working i did not buy too many or too ex just reasonable enough to go out at times.

I m also still a junior here keke...there are a lot of exp mtbs and mummies so u may get better advices...hang on ya
happy.gif

Hi Mooch! Congrats on your twins! Main things to note during your 1st trim, just need to eat a proper diet, take your folic acid and any progesterone your doc gives you. Try to take care and not do anything strenuous like housework, unless your doc gives you the go-ahead (I'm not sure abt exercise like yoga). I was just basically resting a lot 'cos I do get tired a lot. I was quite lucky not to have MS, so prob the other sisters can help you with that on how they coped. Clothes you can prob wear some of your old tops for a while more, I only started wearing maternity tops after my 1st trim. Most of the major shopping malls have maternity shops. They are a few nice shops at Suntec level 3 (like Spring), and Paragon level 5 is all for kids/maternity. But depends on how much you want to spend, so you can just browse first to get a feel of what kind of clothes and prices they offer...some can be quite exp. You can start to buy later when you get bigger and bigger.

Antz Antz,
Long time no hear from you. Congrats on your delivery...how are your twins doing now? Are they home with you yet?

Mooch,
Welcome to the thread - the "Multiples Motherhood Club".
happy.gif

Antz Antz,
Congrats!!! I was trying to tahan till 19 Oct to deliver my babies bcos its my birthday too. Too bad my twins couldn't wait that long and arrived earlier. Glad your babies arrived safely. Are they home with you yet? How much bigger are they now?

Back