2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

Congrats Kai! The pic reminds me of my rascals when they were newborn.

Fi, i have shortlisted a few. As it will be my mum and maid fetching the boys so I prefer to put them in one that is near my plc. Unfortunately, the nearest one, which is NTUC, doesnt have halfday & flexi. I am also looking at a few along Punggol Rd.

Halo mummies,
tks for the birthday wishes for my kids!!
happy.gif

mesh,
think most of them had replied you on the high chair. hehe!

bb08,
don't have to worry about KKH's service. Personally I had a good experience when I delivered my twins there. Even the nurses at the nursery are great also. However it depends alot on individual's experience too.

lyricist/dorayaki/Fi/mooch,
you gals missed me out for tomorrow's gathering.
sad.gif
*mooch, I also very thick-skinned, haha*

irin
i've emailed you
happy.gif

kais
ooh, so cute and tiny and fragile! i've forgotten how small they are at the age. makes me want to pick em up to cuddle.
happy.gif

night feeds - i expressed BM which my CL uses to bottlefeed them at night. i only took over after she left. got more sleep in the first 6 weeks than i ever got for the rest of the way, thanks to her.

<font color="0000ff">Kais</font>
Congrats! Wow, your named them G-E-M! How appropriate!!! I heard an ex-colleagues' family member had quads and named them G-I-F-T. Very sweet, right? Your gals looked so cuddly!!! And they are born on Valentines' Day too. Wow!

Meantime, don't worry. Take things one step at a time. Somehow things will work out. Will there be another pair of hands to help you during the day after your CL leaves? Yor mom or MIL? Good to get some respite in the day if you're going to be BFing them for now.

<font color="0000ff">lefty</font>
Hooray! Finally your turn to see your babies. Am sure you'll feel super duper excited after viewing Kais' pix above? Hee!

<font color="0000ff">Irin</font>
Sorry! Forgot to chio you. Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">JovialGer</font>
I've PMed you on the table creation instructions. Can't post here bocs of the programming signs used.

My info as follows:
Nick: lil' twin stars
BBs DOB: 6th oct 2006
Type: Identical
Names: Gracia and Chloe
Others: SAHM longing to be FTWM (kekeke...)
Location: extreme North where one could swim across to JB... aka Sembawang.

Hi mummies

Thanks to lil twin stars... here's the latest database =)

<table border=1><tr><td>Mummies Nick</TD><TD>BB DOB</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Names</TD><TD>Type</TD><TD>Others</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>lil' twin stars</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>G/G</TD><TD>Gracia / Chloe</TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>North (Sembawang) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fi hozali</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>Danial / Yazmin</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>Retired</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>26-Oct-06</TD><TD>B/B</TD><TD>Dagon / Jadon</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessp/jovialger</TD><TD>1-Nov-06</TD><TD>B/B</TD><TD>Cayden / Jaydon</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>lyricist</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>Sheau Kai / Sheau Min</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>vineyard/blessedone</TD><TD>31-Mar-07</TD><TD>B/B</TD><TD>Isaac / Joseph </TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>mooch</TD><TD>25-May-07</TD><TD>B/G</TD><TD>Cayley / Austin</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>Work from home</TD><TD>East (simei)</td></tr></table>

JOvia

My info as follows:
Nick: kais
BBs DOB: 14th feb 2008
Type: Fraternal
Names: Genevieve, Emilia &amp; Matilda
Others: FTWM (gg back to work on 8th May)

wah.. i think mine is the youngest leh.. aside from kais now..
happy.gif

under my 'others' should be SAHWM!
happy.gif
hahahaha
happy.gif
Stay At HOme Working Mom!
happy.gif

Fi-Retired!!! hahahahahaha
happy.gif

hi Kais! so sweet! 3 could fit into 1 cot!!! now i can only fit 1 in a cot.. haha... brings back memories too. i had a terrible time after my CL left.. only left with an inexperienced maid and myself... i dong for 2 wks trying to take care of them myself and finally gave up... cos too tiring.... and had to tolerate the inexperienced maid and train her... even how to arry and how to bottle feed... so frustrating then, cos i'm so tired and yet don't dare to rest.... we take turns to do nite feeds and even if i'm not feeding, i'm sitting nearby.... looking out for her nodding to sleep.... so stressed... so if your mom and mil can help out, it'd be great... take care and rest well... u need lots of rest for BM to come.

Jovialgirl, thanks for updating the spreadsheet. my turn:
Nick: mesh
BBs DOB: 12 Jul 2007
Names: S-A-I
Others: FTWM gg back to work soon :-(

Mooch, mine is youngest of the group... not counting the newborns....

Hi Hi Girls! M back from the States for work and leisure!
happy.gif
Really missed the kiddos during the almost 2 weeks I was gone (hubby joined me for the trip). Didn't really enjoy myself as much as I thought I would (was really pining for the babes
sad.gif
) But it was a fruitful trip as we came back with 2 suitcases of Leapfrog systems and cartridges, more toys and apparel for the kids (yeah, the factory outlets were great!
happy.gif
)

<font color="0000ff">Dorayaki</font>, nah. me not SAHM, tho' that's my ultimate fantasy. I've been fantasizing about this turing to reality every other day
happy.gif
Since I left the co. which you were also from previously, I've been with a MNC, doing a regional role with quite a bit of travelling. Thus, now re-thinking my options cos' the travelling is keeping me away from my kids. Imagine, while I was in the States, my son graduated from standing with support to walking (and pretty steady at that)within the span of 1 week. And I wasn't even around to witness it!
sad.gif

<font color="ff6000">Mesh</font>, long story but it's got to do with her wanting to go out to meet her sister and frens, talking and SMSing on the phone (she sneaked out of the house to get a HP from her sis cos' we laid the ground-rules on day one to say no HP) and my dad even saw her chatting with a man once, at the stairway landing *faint*. Got time I drop you a note. Now monitoring her, if minor stuff, we will still tolerate till her contract ends in mid-Dec, but if something serious crops up, I will send her back to the agency immediately.

<font color="119911">Fi and Lyn</font>, thanks for the compliments. I've been slackening, now only update my blog twice a month
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">MMamama</font>, I stay in the east, at Marine Parade. I intend to enrol them in a 'cheaper' PG - Talentquest (I think) at the MP CC. It's a 2-hr daily programme and costs $180 a month (if I'm not wrong). With the excess $, I will continue them on Growing Up Gifted which they're currently attending, and then later to JG. Did think about Kinderland which is very near my place, but thought that I would rather spend more on enrichment classes.

Hey, please add me in too:

Nick: J&amp;SMom(Alethea)
BBs DOB: 1 Jan 2007
Names: Jayden &amp; Shannen
Others: FTWM whose ultimate fantasy is to become a SAHM

Hi jovialger,
here are my details.
happy.gif

Nick: Irin (wiky)
BBs DOB: 2nd Mar 2007
Names: Reyden &amp; Reyes
Others: FTWM with flexible working hours

Hi mummies

Good morning to all, here is the updated table, 11 mummies and counting ... =)

<table border=1><tr><td>No.</TD><TD>Mummies Nick</TD><TD>BB DOB</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Names</TD><TD>Type</TD><TD>Others</TD><TD>Location </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>lil' twin stars</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD>Gracia / Chloe</TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>North (Sembawang) </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fi hozali</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Danial / Yazmin</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>Retired</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>26-Oct-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>Dagon / Jadon</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jessp/jovialger</TD><TD>1-Nov-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>Cayden / Jaydon</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West/East(Wkends) </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>lyricist</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Sheau Kai / Sheau Min</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>J&amp;SMom(Alethea)</TD><TD>1-Jan-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Jayden &amp; Shannen</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East (M Parade) </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Irin (wiky)</TD><TD>2-Mar-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Reyden &amp; Reyes</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>vineyard/blessedone</TD><TD>31-Mar-07</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>Isaac / Joseph </TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mooch</TD><TD>25-May-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Cayley / Austin</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHWM</TD><TD>East (simei) </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mesh</TD><TD>12-Jul-07</TD><TD>BBG</TD><TD>S-A-I</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>kais</TD><TD>14-Feb-08</TD><TD>GGG</TD><TD>Genevieve / Emilia / Matilda</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

testing...

<table border=1><tr><td><font color="0000ff">No.</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Mummies Nick</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Babies DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gender</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Names</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Type</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Others</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Location</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>lil' twin stars</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD>Gracia / Chloe</TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>North (Sembawang) </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fi hozali</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Danial / Yazmin</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>Retired</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>26-Oct-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>Dagon / Jadon</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jessp/jovialger</TD><TD>1-Nov-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>Cayden / Jaydon</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West/East(Wkends) </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>lyricist</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Sheau Kai / Sheau Min</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>J&amp;SMom(Alethea)</TD><TD>1-Jan-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Jayden &amp; Shannen</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East (M Parade) </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Irin (wiky)</TD><TD>2-Mar-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Reyden &amp; Reyes</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>vineyard/blessedone</TD><TD>31-Mar-07</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD>Isaac / Joseph </TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mooch</TD><TD>25-May-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD>Cayley / Austin</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHWM</TD><TD>East (simei) </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mesh</TD><TD>12-Jul-07</TD><TD>BBG</TD><TD>S-A-I</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>kais</TD><TD>14-Feb-08</TD><TD>GGG</TD><TD>Genevieve / Emilia / Matilda</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan</td></tr></table>

<table border=1><tr><td><font color="0000ff">No.</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Mummies Nick</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Babies DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gender</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Names</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Type</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Others</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Location</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>lil' twin stars</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Gracia / Chloe</font></TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>North (Sembawang) </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fi hozali</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Danial</font> / <font color="ff0000">Yazmin</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>Retired</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>26-Oct-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dagon / Jadon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jessp/jovialger</TD><TD>1-Nov-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Cayden / Jaydon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West/East(Wkends) </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>lyricist</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Sheau Kai</font> / <font color="ff0000">Sheau Min</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>J&amp;SMom(Alethea)</TD><TD>1-Jan-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font> / <font color="ff0000">Shannen</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East (M Parade) </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Irin (wiky)</TD><TD>2-Mar-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Reyden</font> / <font color="ff0000">Reyes</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>vineyard/blessedone</TD><TD>31-Mar-07</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac / Joseph</font> </TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mooch</TD><TD>25-May-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Austin</font> / <font color="ff0000">Cayley</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHWM</TD><TD>East (simei) </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mesh</TD><TD>12-Jul-07</TD><TD>BBG</TD><TD>S-A-I</TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>kais</TD><TD>14-Feb-08</TD><TD>GGG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Genevieve / Emilia / Matilda</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Kais, congrats! Your babes are so cute. Glad that you and your kids are doing fine!
happy.gif
I also miss the newborn stage, but not their crankiness back then :p

Hi gals,
I've been MIA for a long time too. Back at work now and finding it hard to juggle both work and the kids. I always feel like I'm missing out stuff when I'm at work then when I'm home, I long to be out.

Mooch, your twins are exactly a month older than mine.

Lyn, I replied to your PM a while back. Not sure if you got it.

Moms, my twins are about 8 months now and my daughter's decided to go on a milk strike. She drinks sooo little and is so much lighter than her younger brother now. Any ideas as to what to do?

Oh! Here're my details.

My info as follows:
Nick: Ondine
BBs DOB: 26 June 2007
Names: Jordan and Evan
Others: PTWM

Hi J&amp;SMum(AletheaT)
Do you need to travel on a regular basis?
I'm now at the cross road of my life where I need to choose between a boring job as well as a travelling job.
I've got a new job opening which requires me to travel about 20% of my time in a year.
I don't really need to travel in my current job..and it is so boring that I can surf internet or chat on msn for the entire day. Many of my friends count this as a blessing.but it's seriously a mental torture for me to be doing nothing at work. Sometimes, I do ask myself if it's even better if i work from home..since i'm so eng at work. My boss does give me projects to do...but I can complete them quite fast and once i'm done with the tasks...it's happy hr for me..serious!..like right now, I'm super eng leow...which is why I have the luxury to write such a long message to all of you.
I would like very much to know...how you as a mother of twins, manage your time and juggle between your twins as well as your travelling job.
The new job allows me to work from home occasionally when I'm back in singapore. What about yours?

Jovialger, my S is a ger.

Ondine. ours are quite close too.... mine is also on milk strike now.... is it a phase? i just started them on solids and they drink about ave 20 ounce each day..... down from their usual of 22-27 ounce. i'm guessing its a phase and reducing on milk now should be good for them cos they need to explore the other semi solids we give them. i hve come to realise that they cant be forced... when they say (or cry) no, it means they have enough...... and whatever u do will not help in pushing the milk down their throat. any mommies can advise?

toking about feeding.. i have tons of qns on that too.... my ger does not like eating so much and ddoes so much boo boo boo while the boys happily gobble up whatevr i give them..... i just keep giving her new food everyday, and cant even give the same thing 3-4 consec days... cos she'd scream when she gets the same thing again the next day

Mesh,
20 oz is still more than mine are drinking. My girl eats well, just doesn't want to drink! Someone suggested switching from breast milk to formula. But even when I give her formula, it's still the same things.

At meal times, I distract them with books and rubber toys. It works to varying extents.I now know why my mom used to nag me abt eating. The amt of worrying I must have put her through!

Blessedone, well, actually, I would give anything for an 'eng' job, which allows me to leave on the dot!
happy.gif
My current job (regional role) was initially promised to me as a 20% travelling kinda role. However, now, I'm travelling twice or thrice a month sometimes and even tho' these could be short trips like 2-3 days, I'm still not very comfy to be away from the kids. Moreover, my boss is very demanding and treats me as a dumping ground (basically she just MSNs and goes out for coffee breaks while dumping all the jobs, esp the unsavoury ones to me). Thus, who your boss is will also determine to a large extent your ultimate job satisfaction.

For you, I guess, u've to ask yourself what you really want and whether you're prepared for new challenges which may take you away from your family. Before I had my kids, I would think of regional travelling roles as being very glam. But now, there's nothing I want more than a 9-5 job, that doesn't require me to work past knock-off time or bring work home to do so that I've more time to spend with the kiddos.

Hi J&amp;SMum,
Actually right now, I'm given 3 options.
1) Stay in my current firm
2) Go for the new job
3) Stay at home till they are 18 months, eligible to enter Childcare and sack all my maids

Option 1 seems to be at the tail end while option 3, like yourself, is my ultimate desire. I've discussed with my hb yesterday about this arrangement but he's still thinking about it. He thinks that I couldn't forego the luxuries of life, like going spa, massage, shopping, fine dining, hi tea, travelling and feels like i'm spending too much on the kids, be it clothings, food or outings( we have yet to send them to gymboree classes, and i need 2 maids(1000/mth) to look after the boys instead of 1)
To be frank, if he's willing to take care of all our expenses for the next 6 mths till they are eligible to attend childcare, I'm willing to forego some of the luxuries in my life...but thereafter, I'd want to work again coz I was thinking if we were to send our kids to childcare centre, enrichment courses,as they grow up, my hb may be drained of his funds and I may not be able to get a job that is comparable with my current pay by the end of the year. All these things seem to be a cause for consideration.
On the other hand, say if we've concluded that I should work, i wouldn't want to stay in my current job, coz it's super boring and I feel like i'm wasting my time here. My mentality is "Work hard while you are at work, play hard while you are at home" Actually, being so free at work makes me super lethargic when i reach home and i realise that I've started to develop a super lazy attitude towards things....in life....
dilemma, dilemma, dilemma

hi Joviager,

These are my details:
Nick: engu33
BBs DOB: 28 Sept 2007
Type: Identical
Names: Sarah &amp; Becky
Others: FTWM

Kais: Congrats! Your babies are really cute!

Hi mummies

<table border=1><tr><td><font color="0000ff">No.</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Mummies Nick</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Babies DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gender</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Names</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Type</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Others</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Location</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>lil' twin stars</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Gracia / Chloe</font></TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>North (Sembawang) </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fi hozali</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Danial</font> / <font color="ff0000">Yazmin</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>26-Oct-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dagon / Jadon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jessp/jovialger</TD><TD>1-Nov-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Cayden / Jaydon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West/East(Wkends) </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>lyricist</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Sheau Kai</font> / <font color="ff0000">Sheau Min</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>J&amp;SMom(Alethea)</TD><TD>1-Jan-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font> / <font color="ff0000">Shannen</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East (M Parade) </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Irin (wiky)</TD><TD>2-Mar-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Reyden</font> / <font color="ff0000">Reyes</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>vineyard/blessedone</TD><TD>31-Mar-07</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac / Joseph</font> </TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>mooch</TD><TD>25-May-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Austin</font> / <font color="ff0000">Cayley</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHWM</TD><TD>East (simei) </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Ondine</TD><TD>26-Jun-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Evan</font> / <font color="ff0000">Jordan</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>PTWM</TD><TD>Bt Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>mesh</TD><TD>12-Jul-07</TD><TD>BBG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">S</font> / <font color="0000ff">A &amp; I</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>engu33</TD><TD>28-Sep-07</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sarah / Becky</font></TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>kais</TD><TD>14-Feb-08</TD><TD>GGG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Genevieve / Emilia / Matilda</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi lyricist and other mummies

How did the gathering go that day? Any cute pics of the babies to share? ;P

hi mommies
some pics of yesterday's playdate to share:

1286449.jpg

Foreground: Mooch's Austin, Background: Dorayaki's Gracia &amp; Chloe (in pink)

1286450.jpg

Dorayaki's Gracia &amp; Chloe with Mooch's Cayley

1286451.jpg

Centre: Fi with Danial &amp; Yazmin, Right: Irin's Reyes

1286452.jpg

L-R: Danial, Yazmin &amp; Reyes

1286453.jpg

Sweet lil Cayley

1286454.jpg

Cutie pie Reyden

Fi/Mooch/Irin/Dorayaki
thanks for visiting! we had a lovely time!
happy.gif
i'm such a poor host - i realised how little you girls ate &amp; drank only after you left.

i sent you girls my flickr invite so that you can access the photos i took.

Fi
thanks for the delish durian puffs! we're still enjoying it.. kekeke

Mooch
i think you left yr yu yee oil behind. how do you want me to pass to you?

mommies, am just wondering if we shld set up a yahoo group or a myspace group to upload all playdate photos into a common space, so that we can share and download the ones we want?

Mummies- Good afternoon!!!

Lyricist- thx for lending us ur place!! My kiddos had fun!! N i didnt get lost!! Hehehehe...

Mooch- c-cuckoo? Throw away ur gps!! Hw was the taka fair??

Irin- i-idiot.. F-fool... fool leading idiot n cuckoo... So whose more blur?? Hehehehahahahaha......

Work- Thr are times tht i wish i cud go back to work too.. But my wk.g hrs suck!! 3 shift... SO i did think of gng back to wk when kiddos are schooling, then hubs say they still too young, at least kinder age then ok.. Then he wans more bbs... So officially 'retired'... Till circumstances change?! Work = independence.. Thts wat i long for.. N adult conversation... Otherwise, cant say tht im not happy... For me, the grass always seem greener on the othr side... Till we are thr...

Dorayaki- i salute ur patience wif the kiddos.. R for rabbit n it toink toink toink.. I can nvr do tht...

Lyricist,
yesterday was great. We all had fun and 'paiseh' to mess your place up. Tks for having us over.
happy.gif

Fi (Fool),
Don't understand why we follow you also. We should have trusted our gps/street directory more. :p

Dorayaki,
you should go organise playgroups for children, think they'll give you all their attention. Well, we can help with ... feeding them? hehe!!

Wow! I'm super envious about the play date! Darn, I'm only off on Fridays. The next time you organise one and it's a Friday, do let me know!

Blessedone,
Would you really want to send your kids to childcare? The good ones are more than both your maids put together and even then, there's the danger of all the germs! And the constant getting sick. My friend's baby has been in childcare for 2 months and has been sick throughout. I'd rather keep them at home if I were you.

My work is so different from yours. It's busy when I'm there and busy when I leave too. Extremely ridiculous. I'd like to leave but don't know what other flexi job I can take on.

I was at the Taka fair last night. Nothing new. Same stuff so unless there's something specific you want...Ended up buying rubbish!
happy.gif

hi lyricist, thanks really for having us over! we had a good time! and i dun use yu yee oil! think austin took it from the side of the sofa
happy.gif

fi-yeah lah.. irin right.. f (fool)
happy.gif

taka nothing much lah.. i only go buy wipes!
happy.gif
thot of stocking up on my 9month and above phase of toys and first bowls and stuff cos wanna let them try to fool ard and learn how to eat on their own.. but nothing much leh..

any advice on brand of first shoes? first bowls? first watever at 9 months?

ondine/mooch,
me &amp; Fi ended up with 'rubbish' at the Taka sale too. Thought since we were there liao so just get something. Ended up with more clothes. haiz ... disappointing.

Hi mummies,

Sorry been mia for a long long time. The meet up looks fun! Took driving refresher course recently, hopefully can drive my gals out myself:)Hopefully I can join u at the next play date then.

Jovialger, my details are as follow:

Nick: A+C mum
BBs DOB: 22 Dec 2006
Names: Ariel &amp; Claire
Others: temp SAHM

Whoa! The playdate looks fun! The kids are adorable! When's the next one? Could I join? But I can only do it over the weekends....
sad.gif

Blessedone, well, I guess, re. expenses and SOL (std of living), only you and your hubby can decide to see if u guys can live within your means or to carry on with the high life. I personally think that if possible, it's always good to be with the kids when they are younger, to nurture and bond with them. When I see my frens' (who are SAHMs) kiddos, I can't help but find that they're developmentally more advanced and share a tighter bond with their moms. Also, when the kiddos are older, they will have ample opportunities to spend more time with their peers at school and by then, maybe they don't even wanna spend time with us, their parents. Know what I mean? They only pass thru' each milestone once.

Anywayz,for your case, if I were in your shoes, there would be only 2 options - quit the job to be a SAHM or change the job to seek another SG-based one with equal or more work-life balance. But then, it's just me. I know, decisions, decisions, decisions...but motherhood's never easy. I'm also making similar decisions....
happy.gif

hi Jovia,

These are my details:
Nick: deedodo
BBs DOB: 23 Nov 2007
Names: Alonzo and Alena
Others: FTWM (presume this refers to working mothers right? pardon my ignorance but what does "FTWM" means? btw, i am a working mother)

kais, congrats! lovely babies... wow! 3 babies in a cot!!

wow, you guys looks like you had lots of fun during the play date! and the babies are all so adorable!! i would love to join too but will oni be able to make it during weekends....

I agree with J&amp;S. It really is between staying home and finding something with more work-life balance. I'm struggling to find that too. There's work at work, work at home, then there's the twins. I average about 4 hours of sleep a night and am totally exhausted.

And I'm always filled with guilt that I don't spend enough time with the kids. And that my kids might prefer my helper or my MIL over me. As is, I think that's the case for my daughter and I fret a lot about it. My husband says it's not me because I'm putting in all the effort I possibly could but I still feel like I should do more. I just don't know how to find the time or energy to do more.

lost &amp; found... some mommies left this behind at the playdate at my pls on fri:
1) 1 bottle yu yee oil
2) stars hair tie (see below)
1288218.jpg

lemme know how you want it back.

Ondine, my DS adores my helper so much so that she must be within his sight at all times. And when my hubby or I were to feed him, he would fret about and refuse to eat, but when she does, he happily gulps down everything. Sometimes, I just feel like quitting my job, sending her back and I holding the fort myself. Sigh....

J&amp;SMum/ Ondine,
Think it's every mommy's worry to see their kids growing closer and closer to the domestic helper.
That's what happened to my kids, esp the younger one. Although they just started sleeping with the maids not long ago but the bond has already been established(I'm pretty intrigued by the rate at which such bond is built up). In order to break such bond, I've decided to look after them all by myself every night. It's tiring though, I realise that it's worth all the effort when they start to prefer you more than anyone else in the family.
It's my ultimate desire to be the first and last irreplaceable person in their tiny hearts.

Hi mummies

The gathering pics look fun! Yeah, I second Arielyn's suggestion for a wkend gathering, cos that's the only time I can join too!! ;p

I think creating a yahoo group for photo sharing and other stuff is good. Since I already maintain the tables, why dun u all PM me your email address (not sure if it has to be a yahoo email though) so that I can all you all to the yahoo group?

Overwhelmed mother of 3

I've been so completely overwhlemed lately... my temper is short, my tears flow easily and i feel so trapped. It doesn't help that the confinmt lady will be leaving in 10 days time. The thought of it strikes fear in my heart esp when it comes to the night hours.

I know everyone kept saying dont be stressed but how not to be. I keep telling myself to take it easy... juz want to let it out to mommies who have been through it all...

sad.gif

blessedone

Yes, i do have one helper. i too must learn to trust her. She's ok. I think my expectations are just too high. Have been trying to get another maid before CL leaves. This is another headache.

I worry too much i know. Keep praying for greater faith and strength.

hi lyricist, the hair tie is not mine either
happy.gif

3inapod, have you gotten a maid to help out? dun worry too much.. when my confinement nanny was about to leave, i also felt down and panicky.. i think its more due to the fact that i worry i can't handle.. but when it comes down to it, you can.. i believe we mommies are stronger and more independant than we think we are, and when given the situation, we can handle..

if you need any help, jus buzz us here we try to help with advices.. need someone to talk to, PM me if you wish
happy.gif

i was feeling down a couple of months as well, and tired, cry easily, and my mood jus went downhill.. so i know how it feels..

hang in there 3inapod.. it will be ok..

advice needed!
happy.gif

looking out for first pair of shoes for them.. any recommendation?

also.. need some advice on food.. my babies are 9 months plus now.. and i have been giving them porridge, or oatmeal cereal, or other kinds of cereal.. and i feel(maybe jus me lah
happy.gif
) that its getting boring already! any other foods/recipe/tips to offer?

what kind of cheese you give? when you start to give breakfast cereals like cheerios etc? and wat type? wat other foodstuff can offer?

my hubby getting jealous! say all this while marry him, i only cook for him once in a while cos i lazy to cook.. now the kids get to eat my cooking everyday!
happy.gif
and i take so much effort into it so he jealous
happy.gif

Oh gosh, its only been 3 days and so many postings already!!!

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
Really thank you very much for having us last Thur. And paiseh for the mess too! :p And I got your flickr invite already. Thanks! Oh btw, the Yu-Yee Oil is mine. Hahaha... You can have it cos I bought a new bottle right away when I found it missing upon reaching my dad's place.
happy.gif

Can tell my gals has load of fun that day. I think they enjoyed every playdate we been to so far cos everyone had more toys than them. There were so many toys to try!!! Kekeke... I don't know how I can keep your kiddos entertained if they were to come to my place. We'll probably end up at the playground below my flat. hahaha...

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font> and <font color="0000ff">Irin</font>
I'm not as patience as you all think. And I think Gracia is learning all that impatience from me! Arrggghhhh...

Well, as for the "R for rabbit and it tionk, tionk, tionk", that's what I do when I entertain demented elderly when I was volunteering at old folks home! Hahaha...

<font color="0000ff">mooch</font>
I heard Clarks first shoes are really good but pricey though. I went for the cheaper Colettee instead. My gals love their shoes cos its quite comfy, I think. Though they love the "beep" sound from the sandals my dad bought, but you can tell they still prefer the Colettee shoes. They always pick them when given the option. And they still want to wear their really worn out pair, so I guess its quite comfy.
happy.gif
Perhaps you can give one pair a try first?

<font color="0000ff">Ondine</font>, <font color="0000ff">dodo</font>, <font color="0000ff">Alethea</font>, <font color="0000ff">JovialGer</font> and <font color="0000ff">A+Cmum</font>
Really hope to meet you ladies some time soon. With such a big group, we probably need to get a multi-purpose hall at a condo in order to meet. Hee!

<font color="0000ff">kais</font>
I just visited a friend at SengKang yesterday. She deliverd her baby gal on 14th Feb as well. She's got a maid and her mom is doing her confinement. But she's super stressed out and has been crying a lot too. So I can understand your fear cos you have 2 babies more than her.

Though its true we've all been there and survived. But everyone's tolerance level is different. If you're really stressed out, take a break, get family to help you out, let other handle the babies for a while, etc. Don't shoulder all the burden. Its important to get a break or you will just break down. Even a short walk to the nearby vicinity or mall is a good breather. And once you're out of the house, don't worry about people not being able to handle, babies cranky, etc. A good rest (physically &amp; mentally) can really refresh and rejuvenate you! Take care, okie!

My email is [email protected]. Pls add me to the photo sharing group.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">ALL</font>
I'm selling off my twin stroller. If any of you keen to buy, can sell to you cheaper. Hee!

Details available here:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/1250809.html

Quick peek:
1289683.jpg

<font color="0000ff">mooch</font>
I think I let them try those tiny alphabet macaroni when they were about 9 months. Normally go with broccoli/spinach and cod fish (though I hated the smell of that fish) cos the oil from the fish makes the pasta smoother. They seemed to like it then. And when a little alphabet dropped onto their table, you can say "Oh, there goes the R! R for rabbit and it tionk, tionk, tionk". hahaha! Think this "tionk, tionk, tionk" is getting into my head!!! But really, it make feeding them a lot more enjoyable!

In case you're wondering if its too early to intro pasta, I actually refer to a baby recipe book which says:

"At about 7 months babies need to start using the muscles that help them to chew and speak. Eating TINY, soft pieces of PASTA helps them to do this - making pasta an IDEAL FOOD for this age group."

So I think the alphabet macaroni is good cos its tiny in the first place.
happy.gif

As for cheese, my gals love cheddar cheese. I cut those big square slices we buy for adult consumption and feed them. But I give very moderately cos they drink a lot of FM. I just give for them to try out. Only when they start to appreciate bread, then I buy cream cheese to spread on the bread for them for breakfast.

Hi mummies

I have invited 5 mummies to join the yahoo group, these are those who have listed a yahoo email address here. Please accept the invite =)

For other mummies, can you pls PM me your yahoo email address (please create a yahoo ID if you do not have one) so that I can also invite you in?

Pls note you can specify other email addresses later on, but I do need a yahoo ID to add you as a member to the group...

Hope to rec your PM soon!

Also, please indicate your actual name in your PM, so I can create these in the database as well.

hi all! wow the playdate looks fun!!! me too can only make it on weekends cos i cant bring all 3 out without hubby. anybody here stay in condo... perhaps we can do it at the function hall at condo... think that's the best arrangement... and we potluck toys and lunch... hahhaha

oh my god, i thought i'm the only one having priblems with maid bonding with my kids...... i have frens, who even cant stand it that their singletons are cliging to them and follow them around the house..... they said the kid will bang on her toilet door when she's inside and cries for her whenever she's home... and told me to hope mine doesn't cling to me like that.... and my hubby is trying to convince me likewise.... but i stil feel pain when i try to feed my son and he refuse to drink and when helper take over, he gulps it up.

i think with multiples, we should feel glad there is someone to entertain the kids or take care of their daily needs so taht we can have a life of our own too.. else we'd get burn out leh... hubby say at the end of the day,... a mummy is still the best and the kid can sense that no matter what.... and i tend to agree cos those frens who leave their kids with grandparents or nannies still cling to the mummies when they go home at nite....

maybe the mommies with older kids can give us the new mommies some advice on how to hndle this feeling of jealousy?

Kais, hang in there... i know how u feel having just gone thru it.... except when my CL left, i had 2 at home while u are havng 3!! not easy ut like mooch say, we are stronger than we think and when thrown into the situation, we usu survive and very well too. i had the same problem with not trusting the maid to..... but eventually i let go and showed her how i want my baby to be held, fed and burped,... and so on... cos i just cant carry 2 or 3 wailig babies myself. appreciate the help and dun compare what u can do with what the maid is doing, cos afteralll u are the mommy and uhave a bond with your babies.... so others can never do better than u. that's why u feel like u are always not satisfied with how the helpers go about with the babycare.

just vent here and ud' feel better cos we ave a very good support in this thread... u have my mobile no. like? give me a call anytime u need some one to talk to. take care

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>, <font color="0000ff">Fi</font>, <font color="0000ff">Irin</font> and <font color="0000ff">mooch</font>
Do you ladies mind if I upload photos of last Thurs gathering into my gals' shutterfly album? The albums are password protected and I only share with family &amp; friends. If you are not comfortable, pls let me know, okie? Thanks!

I've accepted the invitation to the Y!group. Thanks!

Lunch time... Gotta go...

Back