2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

dorayaki
i'm fine with accessing shutterfly - thanks. hm, i think i'll pass the yu yee oil back to you when i next see you becos i don't use it at all. mine's currently used as a rattle to distract my two when i'm changing/dressing them, so keeping another spare will be a waste.

re. taka fair - anyone see a nice play tent there? i'm looking for one for my twins, pref one that does not come with any licensed character design (ie. disney chs, thomas tank engine, etc), altho i supp i cld live with sesame st.

jovialger
i've PMed you my info. thanks for helping to set up the yahoo group!
happy.gif

mooch/dorayaki
my kids are the opp of dora's G&C. they like bread with cream cheese, but dislike salmon pasta in cream sauce. maybe it's my cooking... i'm gonna try pasta again soon. i'm also quite tired of feeding mine the usual cereal & porridge.

how abt mee swa? i'm also currently reading 'feed your child right' by lynn alexander & yeong boon yee. it does give you some ideas on diff recipes to try for tots at diff ages. borrowed it frm the local library.

kais
i know how you feel. i was really afraid & panicky when my CL was abt to leave as well. i couldn't see how i cld handle my twins by myslf, even with my MIL's help. but mommies are resilient creatures, you'll slowly learn how to cope and balance. it'll be very stressful at times but like mooch said, you'll eventually learn to handle. just remember when you hit the bad patches that it's temporary and it too will pass. when all else fail, you can always come in here and vent. we'll try to help if we can.
happy.gif

i'm also feeling quite stressed out at the moment. my two rascals are sick, grumpy and clingy. fortunately not very serious (just cough and runny nose) but the sleep deprivation and their clinginess/constant crying is really wearing me out
sad.gif
feeling quite crap at the moment. sigh.

re. next playdate
i don't mind booking the function room at my condo for a weekend playdate since so many mommies are keen to meet up. mesh's food-&-toys potluck is good idea. alternatively we cld order in food & rent toys and split the cost amongst ourselves. we just need to find a date where most of us can make it (but next few sats till apr is out for me, unfortunately). how abt in april? give me a few dates in case the function room is booked.

I agree with Mesh. I get upset when my girl shows such preference for the helper as well and I told my husband, I understand why mommies stay home to look after their kids and send their helpers back. But he always tells me and my sis-in-law who has 3 kids and is working, so her kids are looked after by my mom and a helper, tells me that no matter what, they will know who their mommy is.

I also know from my own academic training that it is unhealthy for me to want the children to stick ONLY to me and to love ONLY me because it will cause SEVERE attachment problems later on. But that has to be balanced with my instinctive jealousy and feeling upset so it's tough.

But at the end of the day, a friend told me that if the kid shows attachment to the helper, at least you can be assured that the helper is treating the kid well and we have peace of mind.

Tough isn't it?

Hello to all mums

Just thot of seeking some advice/suggestion from all. I have a fraternal b/g twin born on 06/Mar/2007. Am expecting again...read many previous posts on thots of having a 3rd one...like many of u, i m scared n weary at this moment to have the 3rd one... my 1st thot was how m i going to cope...i will neglect my 1st 2 n i m really tired plus with my all day morning sickness.... the twin r still waking up at nite for feed (1x at least)...i m a really lousy mum... i did not train them to sleep thru the nite...dun noe how to go abt it... try the method some of frens was saying but still the boy will contd to fuss even after giving water... my arrangement now is mum take care of my boy n i send my gal to my sis at amk.. i do not hv a maid rite now but will arrive only 2 weeks later. my 1st priority is to settle the care giver arrangement for both of them... i cant really drive in the morning to send the gal to amk now bcos of my morning sickness... mum not in a very good health to care for both...did thot of quiting to care for them myself but i hv giddy spell anytime of the day n nite... a week resting at home make me more sick... so even if i quit or not... i need care giver for the twin..i was hoping to temp send them plus maid to my another sister to watch over day n nite till i deliver..but this plan fall thru..i m so stressed....any suggestion...

Lyricist, i really have to salute to you... handling your twins alone... half day alone with my twins and i am breathless....

Coco

Evening mummies!!

Kais- hang in thr gal!! HE gave u triplets coz HE noes u r able to handle them well.. When it comes to the crunch, u will be able to handle it.. Like wat the othr mummies have mentioned, do take a breather even if its juz for a short walk.. Tht helps.. I noe.. Hang in thr girlfren!!

Mooch- clarks first shoes? My kiddos have been using tht when they first started cruising/walking.. Else its those soft sole thingy like bobux or shoe shoes... Pasta n mee sua are good!! Cheese- my kids are taking babybel.. N the laughing cow cheese spread.

Attachment to maid- my gal is more attached to the helper than my boy.. I AM n I DO feel hurt/ jealous.. But then again, at least i know tht shes being loved.. My helper told me once, dont worry, when im gone ur daughter will be close to you... Ur daughter noes whose the mum n whose the maid.. HMMNNN.. Words of wisdom frm her... But, nowadays, whenever i can, i do bring them out alone, by myself.. Juz to spend time together... N the monsters are fine wifout her ard... Although i can say, dun worry, but still We all have twinges of jealousy..

hello mummies, i just gave birth to my twins 6 weeks ago. am taking care of the twins with the help of my maid.....it is really tiring, really salute to all u mummies that have survived this stage.

want to ask u all, is there a tendency to take care of one twin more than the other? I usually take care the gal while the maid take care of boy. how to be totally fair...sometimes i guilty that i spend more time with one twin than the other.

coco
my situation's a bit diff from you, so maybe the other working twin moms can help you better. but it does sound like you do need to take care of yrself first and be kinder to yrslf. you're not a lousy mom, just an overwhelmed one. all babies are diff, sleep training may come easier to some than others. sometimes you just need a lil trial & error before you find something that works better for yr twins.

perhaps the more impt thing right now is to bring yr new maid up to speed asap, so that she can cope without yr constant aid or supervision since you're going to hv yr hands full. once that's settled, perhaps you may like to work on the logistics & explore diff childcare arrangements to see what works best for you and yr family. just tackle the issues one at a time. these are all solvable problems, so don't get too worried or stressed out by it. if you need to, just take some time out for yrslf first. your babies only hv one mommy... so, chin up
happy.gif

dawn
feeling guilty that i let one twin dominate me more than the other? happens to me all the time! my boy's the attention seeker and my girl's the clingy mommy girl. they sometimes get into shoving matches trying to get onto my lap. just make a conscious effort to try and balance things out. see if yr hubby/parents/in-laws/helper will take one of them for a while while you spend some one-to-one time with the other.

Hello mommies...
Wow.. the gathering looks very fun!
I had contraction last week. Lucky was fine after taking ventolin and rest. Now only 34 weeks plus. Hopefully they will not come out so early.

Dorayaki,
Thank you for your email
happy.gif
It's very helpful.

ondine,
I did not receive your PM. Can you please PM me again? Or email to happysunflower2007 at gmail dot com
happy.gif

coco,
Congratulations!
happy.gif

Bonding with kids:
According to my son's teacher at JG, the best bonding time is showering them, changing diapers for them, and feeding them. I have decided when I get a maid, I will still shower and change their diapers.

Hi mummies

While adding some mummies to the yahoo group, I noticed that most of the mummies are already on Facebook. Hence, it is easier to create a group account there to share the photos/videos etc.

If you have a Facebook account and wants to join the group, please provide me your email address, either listing it here, or PM me. Please also specify your forum nickname for my reference. Thanks!

<font color="0000ff">dawn</font>
I think all parents (not just mommies of multiples) struggle with the same issue. Whether we spend enough time with the kids on the whole? Whether we spend enough time with a particular child? Whether we spend enough quality time with them? And the list goes on... At the end of the day, we all love our kids and they know it. If you have a particularly difficult child, then you'll automatically spend more time with that child. Its only normal. And we can only do this much or multi-task to a certain extent, so don't feel bad or guilty. When you get into that "guilty" mode, you lose focus and become more negative. As long as you're doing your best, the kids will know it and they'll love you no matter what. Think positive and be happy. <font color="ff0000">Happy mommy = happy babies = happy family</font>. Hehehe...

<font color="0000ff">Coco</font>
Agree with lyricist. Take one thing at a time. Perhaps when your raging hormones settles and you feel better physically, you won't be this stressed up. Mean while, just try to stay cheerful and positive, ya? Good to have family members who are as supportive as yours.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">lyn</font>
No problem. Hope the info helps.

<font color="0000ff">JovialGer</font>
Accepted the FB invite already! Thanks!

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
Let's gather votes for playdate in April then. The weekends are:

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
12 Apr (Sat) -
13 Apr (Sun) -
19 Apr (Sat) -
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki

P/S: One of the mommies in Sembawang runs an online toy rental company. If we're going ahead with the playdate, I can check if I can get the toys rented at a cheaper rate from her. ^.^V

<font color="0000ff">ALL MOMMIES</font>
Apart from a playdate, any mommy interested to meet up for <font color="ff0000">Respite Gathering</font>, i.e. without hubby and the kids, over lunch or afternoon tea/coffee? Am thinking of <font color="ff0000">Good Friday, 21 March</font> at the moment. Anyone keen? Hee!

Thanks dorayaki and lyricist.
happy.gif
can't help feeling guilty. I put my gal in my room and my boy in the maid's room by random initially and tried to rotate every few days but find that we seemed to be used to taking care of the respective in our room liow esp at nite. Do u all keep the multiples in the same room, will they wake each other up? now they sharing the same cot cos oni 6 weeks old, so sometimes their wails or kicks may wake the other sleeping twin.

how do u all keep your sanity waking up every 3 hours for 2 different babies? it is difficult to keep their feeding them the same right? so if one baby wakes up 3 times per nite, 2 babies will be 6 times each nite....*sigh* that is why we kept the babies in diff room, i juz wake up for the gal and the maid wake up to feed the boy. is this a bad soln? my hubby says the boy will feel v attached to the maid next time.....so i now i try to roster them on alternate days.

dirayaki

so envy of u... me also want to join e playdate leh... but my babies only 6wks actual age n if corrected age, they r only 2 days old. not allow to go out until 6mth old, right?

dawn

hihi...me apart babies feeding time by half an hour so can feed them one by one. when changing diappers also, do it together, then can save some time to sleep. i think at this stage they dun knw who s mummy yet, so no need to worri la. giv urself sometime to arrange everything n ya, roster them to b with u. want to buy another babycot as my boys r bigger now, one kick they can reach e edge already. must put them in separate cot liao.

mummies

posting babies pic...boys 1st. didi on e left, korkor on e right.
1292224.jpg

1292225.jpg
gal gal still in kk but much better....

weiwe... the boys look so alike.... gal gal reminds me of my gal..... :)

kais... so sweet!!! yes i'm sure its all worth it.... enjoy!!!!

kais

ur gals so sweet.
happy.gif
how r u? wound still painful? it's so nice all ur babies can come home early. what r their birth weight? u BF them?

mesh

hihi...
happy.gif
ur gal big already hor. u go back to work already?

weiwei

I'm ok. juz need to relax and take things easy. Now i BF whenever i have energy. The rest of the time it is either EBM or FM(10pm-6am for Genevieve &amp; Emilia). Only the youngest one Matilda is on total BM.

My gynae did an amzing job with the C sec. There was no pain at all. Only pain i experienced for the first few days was the contracting uterus.

Genevieve #1 - 1.98kg, Emilia #2 - 2.1kg, Matilda #3 - 1.6kg

kais, love ur black n white photo......so nice! Here are my 2 twins : Jia Jie and Jia Qi when they were 6 weeks old

1292710.jpg

Hi <font color="0000ff">dawn</font>
I had my gals in the same cot till they were around 6-7 weeks old. They started bumping into each other and the frame of the cot, so we put them in 2 separate cots. 1 in my room and the other in the babies' room. Bcos I had to handle night feeding alone, I feed on schedule, not on demand. I'll feed twin #1 before she goes on her hunger strike, burp her, change her diaper then I'll go on to do the same for twin #2. The thing which makes it easier for me was the gals were on total FM feeding. I didn't have enough BM + already very stressed out physically &amp; mentally. Maximum I could pump out each time was 30ml! So I throw in the towel lor! Just give FM and life was much easier after that. Hee... Not a very good role model here, but mine is probably worst case scenario. Kekeke... :p

As for bedtime, the gals continued to sleep separately till they turn one year old. I rotate them to sleep with me when they were 3 months old, after my maid arrived (else I'd die of sleep deprivation). They seemed to be OK with the rotation thingy. To me, it may not be the best solution to rotate them cos babies are creatures of routine so its not a good idea to keep changing their cot/room. But I just "comfort" myself by thinking I'm training them to be more "flexible". hahaha... Anyway, they survived the first year and now sleeps together in the same room happily. *wink*

Perhaps you can make up for your boy by showering him instead? I don't think your boy will be close only to the maid if you make up for it in other areas. Both my gals sleep with my maid now but I play &amp; spend time with them during the day while my maid go about doing household chores. They still want me to carry them together and hug me a lot, though they sometimes cling to my maid too. Guess kids have their own instincts as well.
happy.gif

Hi <font color="0000ff">weiweixixi</font>
Its okie. Can call me "dora" in short. Hee... Can I call you WWXX instead? Easier to type. Kekeke... Your boys looked so tickled. Hee! When is your gal expected to go home? Any idea?

RE going out, I actually do it the other way round. I brought my gals out more often when they were less than 6 months. No doubt they were still little, but they're stronger then cos they still have immunity from mommy till about 6 months. After 6 months, they lost that protection layer and starts to develop their own immunity. That's when they start to develop common cold, cough, etc. But then again, its the flu season now, so better avoid bringing your kiddos out unless necessary.

Hi <font color="0000ff">Kais</font>
The B/W photo is really sweet and classic. Look like those Anne Geddes calendar pictures! So serene...

Hi <font color="0000ff">janice</font>
Yup, please join in. We're trying to see how many of us can make it on a weekend in April. Can you copy the April dates above and indicate which ones you can make it? Then we'll take the date where majority can make it, provided lyricist can secure her condo's function room.
happy.gif

MIA for a while again .. still trying very hard to adjust to life without a maid. I think if me and my mum continue to keep falling sick, we are surrending soon hehe ... anyone has any good maid agencies to recommend ?

hi Jovia,
Impressed with your effort to keep the list. :D

These are my details:
Nick: janice
BBs DOB: 7 June 2007
Type: Fraternal
Names: Jayden and Davelen
Others: SAHM (Working for my 3 bosses at home)

Hi Dorayaki, thanks for sharing. maybe i should also feed them on schedule instead of demand? u mean on schedule is every 3 hrs? sometimes they can't finish their milk and will wake up 2 hrs instead...how? will disrupt the whole schedule. I also low supply of BM, only 40ml to 50 max each pump...but trying to perservere for at least 3 months....i also v lazy one, only pump 3 to 4 times daily. think taking care of multiples is too tiring, where got time and energy to pump....*sigh*

I sure hope my boy won't feel that i m neglecting him. i try to feed him more times during the day and shower him ;) hopefully can bond with him more...

<font color="ff6000">3inapod</font>, don't worry too much. When my CL was about to end her term, hubby and I were so stressed that we paid her pro-rata to stay on another 2 weeks. After that, I was tempted to get her to stay on for another 2 weeks (my C-sec wound was still raw and I pretty much left the bathing and changing of diapers to the CL and maid), but Hubby stepped in to remind me that we couldn't rely on the CL 4ever and that we had to take over eventually. Well, what I'm trying to say is that, never try, never know. Mummies are a very resilient specimen. Throw us a challenge and we'll rise to the occasion. Just try your best and God will do the rest, k.

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
Let's gather votes for playdate in April then. The weekends are:

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
12 Apr (Sat) -
13 Apr (Sun) -
19 Apr (Sat) -
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki

P/S: One of the mommies in Sembawang runs an online toy rental company. If we're going ahead with the playdate, I can check if I can get the toys rented at a cheaper rate from her. ^.^V

<font color="119911">JoviaGer</font> I've PMed you re. my FB a/c.

Wow, this thread suddenly become alive.
happy.gif

Lyricist,
the hair clip isn't mine either.
I'm on for the play date! My kids had fun the other time.

Dorayaki,
I should be ok for meet up on the 21st Mar. What time?

Mooch,
I'm 'adventurous' when it comes to food for kids. You can try these:
- mee sua with fish/pork (can use japanese somen in replacement of the chinese mee sua, not so salty)
- chicken pasta cooked in cream sauce
- steamed fish with toufu &amp; spinach
- Grilled Salmon with Pumpkin sauce
- chicken marcaroni soup
- beef porridge with tomatoes

I gave them these when they were younger. Now that they are older liao, I gave them all sort of rubbish from our food. And nowadays I cook alot of different type of soups cos they don't like to take porridge anymore so changed to rice with soup for them instead.

Dorayaki,

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
12 Apr (Sat) -
13 Apr (Sun) -
19 Apr (Sat) -
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki

I'm fine with most of the dates.

lyricist,
you looking for a tent for them? You can go take a look at Kiddy Palace. They are selling this for $29.90. I got it as their birthday present and they love it. I bought extra balls for it.
1293561.gif

Hi all

Thanks for the info. Let's also have more mummies in the Facebook group too!

Re gathering

Here are my available dates too:

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki
12 Apr (Sat) -
13 Apr (Sun) -
19 Apr (Sat) -
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum/jovial
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial

Updated table:

<table border=1><tr><td><font color="0000ff">No.</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Mummies Nick</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Babies DOB</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Gender</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Names</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Type</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Others</font></TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Location</font> </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>lil' twin stars/dorayaki</TD><TD>6-Oct-06</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Gracia / Chloe</font></TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>North (Sembawang) </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Fi hozali</TD><TD>14-Oct-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Danial</font> / <font color="ff0000">Yazmin</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>jlyn</TD><TD>26-Oct-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Dagon / Jadon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Jessp/jovialger</TD><TD>1-Nov-06</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Cayden / Jaydon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West/East(Wkends) </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>lyricist</TD><TD>4-Dec-06</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Sheau Kai</font> / <font color="ff0000">Sheau Min</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>A+C mum</TD><TD>22-Dec-06</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Ariel / Claire</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>temp SAHM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>J&amp;SMom(Alethea)</TD><TD>1-Jan-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Jayden</font> / <font color="ff0000">Shannen</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East (M Parade) </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Irin (wiky)</TD><TD>2-Mar-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Reyden</font> / <font color="ff0000">Reyes</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>SK </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>vineyard/blessedone</TD><TD>31-Mar-07</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Isaac / Joseph</font> </TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mooch</TD><TD>25-May-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Austin</font> / <font color="ff0000">Cayley</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHWM</TD><TD>East (simei) </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>janice</TD><TD>7-Jun-07</TD><TD>BB</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Davelen / Jaydon</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Ondine</TD><TD>26-Jun-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Evan</font> / <font color="ff0000">Jordan</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>PTWM</TD><TD>Bt Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>mesh</TD><TD>12-Jul-07</TD><TD>BBG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">S</font> / <font color="0000ff">A &amp; I</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>engu33</TD><TD>28-Sep-07</TD><TD>GG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Sarah / Becky</font></TD><TD>Identical</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>deedodo</TD><TD>23-Nov-07</TD><TD>BG</TD><TD><font color="0000ff">Alonzo</font> / <font color="ff0000">Alena</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>West </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>kais</TD><TD>14-Feb-08</TD><TD>GGG</TD><TD><font color="ff0000">Genevieve / Emilia / Matilda</font></TD><TD>Fraternal</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi dawn

We also use to feed them on schedule during their 1st 6-7 mths. This has to be the best way rather than on demand, so that the feed sessions can be quickly accomplished without much crying/fussing. From 7th months on if I remember correctly, they already slept through the night, last feed being 11pm onwards, till morning when they woke up.

Initially both slept in the same cot (when CL is around), subsequently, one slept with me while the other with my mum and then my mum-in-law who took care of them with me.

In fact, we did not rotate the twins at night since we were more accustomed to each baby’s sleep and feed patterns. Now both slept together with the caregiver. Both still fights to be on my lap and to be carried by me when I return home from work. Even the baby that did not “sleep” with me most of the time. So no worries, babies will know who their Mummy is!

Of course, the one who slept with my mum-in-law had a much stronger affinity to her even up to now when she no longer takes care of him but only sees them once a week, while the other is neutral to her.

dorayaki/lyricist
guess i really hv to take 1 step at a time...i cant help being worried abt the whole situation...insufficent rest is prob adding up...must train them to sleep thru the nite so tt i can hv proper sleep too...as for the maid, really hope i get a good helper who can ease my load...btw, for both twin to sleep in the same room, i always hv the issue of one twin waking up the other one when he/she cries... so most of u still separate your twins?

lyn
thanks, at this moment i cannot seem to be happy abt it altho i know deep down tt it is a blessing esp for us who hv gone thru obstacles to hv babies.

thanks jovia for updating the chart, my babies and i would love to join this BIG family...its going to be fun!

Nick: cocobill
BBs DOB: 6 March 2007
Names: Z'ann and Z'enn
Others: FTWM

hi all mummies..
quite a few days never come in liao..

weiwei, kais and dawn
ur bbs are so cute...
cant wait to see my 2 gers in July now... hehe..

Coco,
your kids are 4 days younger than mine.
happy.gif
I used to stay in Potong Pasir too. My grandma's still staying there though.

Hi Lyn, I've mailed you again.

Hmm, playgroup on the weekend's a bit tough cos my husband will want to spend time with the kids plus we've got lots of church stuff on the weekend but you guys go ahead.

I used to have one baby sleep with me and another with the maid at night and we'd rotate every few nights. Now both=sleep with the maid but if they wake up at the same time, she'll bring one to me to feed.

I actually think the bonding comes when you do things with the baby alone. I try to spend some time alone with each baby, playing reading whatever. When I have time or am home at the right time, I'll feed them or bathe them. And we've developed the habit of me putting the boy to bed while my helper the girl but I do her morning feeds and she wakes up with me...

It's not ideal but it's something.
happy.gif

Irin
I just moved into PP in Feb, used to stay woodlands but bcos of the care givers location, we bought a flat in potong pasir. I realised yours is also a B/G twins, who is older? my gal is older than the boy by 2min. Do you intend to put your twins into childcare when they are older? I m thinking of childcare arrangement when they are abt 18-20mths old... hv not done any research on the schools yet...

Coco,
my boy is older by 1 min.
happy.gif
No plans to put them in childcare yet cos don't worried about them falling sick easily. Might send them to playschool or enrichment classes though. But lazy to source around. There are some mummies here who had diligently started to source for childcare, maybe you can check with them?

dorayaki
i'll try to make yr respite meet-up nxt fri, but let me check with my hubby first. he can get a bit whiny when he has to babysit the babies by himself. where are you thinking of going?

weiwei/dawn
lovely pics. lovelier babies
happy.gif

kais
oh, i LOVE yr B&amp;W photo! makes me go: "aaawwww" when i look at it. did you take it yrself?

coco
my twins sleep together (in their own cot) in a separate room from us. yes, sometimes they do wake each other up. usu it's my girl who'll get woken up by her bro, who's a bit of a crybaby and tend to wake up a few times every night. but she's quite used to him, sometimes she'll open her eyes or sit up and wait for him to stop before falling back to sleep.

i try not to carry my boy out of his cot or the room if he fusses. i just quietly pass him his nappy (it's his soother) and put my hand on his head/back so that he'll know i'm there. 8 out of 10 times he'll go back to sleep by himself. that's when i withdraw my hand and creep out of his room. it doesn't always work. occasionally if i know he's not likely to go back to sleep, i will pick him up and rock him. or if he's really not sleepy, i will let him out of the room to run ard and expend some energy first. but that's quite rare. it's a judgement call, really. and it also helps to hv a baby with an easy-going temperament like my girl.

re. playgroup
julia gabriel at evans rd (near botannical gardens) hv this bilinggual 2-hr weekend playgroup at $520 p/term (10 weeks). it requires parental participation. my nephew attends it and it sounds good. i'm considering it, but depends on how affordable their weekday playgroup is. haven't done any research on the latter yet.

irin
nice tent. yup, will check out kiddy palace next time i'm near one - thanks!
happy.gif
i think my two will love it too.

lyricist
It's my hubby who took the pictures. He's a professional photographer with his own studio
happy.gif
My girls have tons of photos now since birth..lol. We're waiting for a good time to take their "makeover" shots... hehehe

kais...wow professional photographer...u n ur gals r so lucky! no wonder look like anne gebbs photo! can engage him to take baby photos or not? ;)

irin, i like the tent that u showed! hee hee...oredi planning to buy liow...kiasu hor....when they can start to use? After one or two years old huh?

ondine, really helps to lessen my guilt reading ur posting and provide alternative ways to bond more with my twins....really scared they prefer the maid leh.
sad.gif

dawn,
my kids love that tent also. Don't have to wait till 1-2 yrs old, can let them play with it once they are able to crawl liao.
happy.gif

Hi,

3inapod: I can understand how overwhelm you feel. i had my CL for 2 months; extended her by 1 more month and that really helps. What you can do when she's ard is to learn as much as possible from her and don't rely too much on her too. It's good training cos when she's not ard anymore you won't feel so lost. That was what I did when I had her ard and then I got a maid when she left. But it's best to get one b4 CL leaves so that maid can learn from CL. But having said all that...you will still be very busy and sometimes even now (my girls are 5.5mth) I do feel overwhelm esp when they cry. I'm still breasfeeding them (on partial BF) so I'm feeding them on demand and it is very tiring.
But take heart, all of us are facing the same thing as you and we all manage to pull through it. I'm sure you will be alright too.

Coco: My girls are 5.5mth and still can't sleep through too. I don't know why but maybe it's beacuse I'm still breastfeeding them. I wake up abt 3-4 times a night and am really exhausted by sleep deprivation. I don't separate them...they sleep in the same room but in different cots. And yes, they do disturb each other when they cry sometimes. But I would rather they wake up at the same time for their feeds cos that save time. Sometimes i feel that if I don't BF them things will definitely be easier cos thay can be on schedule. ANd also you can regulate the amt of milk they drink. I read somewhere that when they don't get enough during the day, they will wake up at night to compensate. BUt there's also another expanation why they can't sleep through yet according to my lactation consultant at KKH. It's because they don't feed so much during the day (since they were usually asleep when they were still in the womb during the day) but feed a lot at night (as they were active in the womb at night). Anyway, like you i am looking forward to the day when I get to sleep the whole stretch at night.

Dear all,
Some pics to share.
Both boys just hit the pool last week...1st time in the pool but enjoying themselves very much

haha..can't tell who is who ya..
1295305.jpg

1295306.jpg

blessedone...cute boys...looks like they having fun! haha...but looks like the same person leh....except one of them hair not wet yet is it? hee hee....

haha..they are actually two different persons..
the first pic is gor gor while the second one didi
Tink i'm planning to bring them to the pool on a weekly basis...
if mommy and daddy know how to swim, they must pick it up as well...hahhahaahah..
sounds like a v domineering mommy ya...
haahahahahaha

<font color="ff0000"><u>PLAYDATE</u></font>
Consolidated response so far:

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Irin
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin
13 Apr (Sun) - Irin
19 Apr (Sat) - Irin
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin

Anyone else keen to join? Cut/paste the above list of April dates then indicate your name next to those dates you can makie it, okie? Thanks!

Halo <font color="0000ff">Irin</font> and <font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
<font color="ff0000"><u>RESPITE</u></font>
ON lah! Let try to have some peace + a good meal on a Good Friday!!! Hee... Well, I haven't thought of where to go yet. Perhaps a place where there's Kiddy Palace so lyricist can get a playhut for her kiddos? Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">All other mommies</font>
How about you ladies? Need a good break??? Join us lah!

<font color="ff0000"><u>CHILDCARE</u></font>
Brought my gals to the nearest childcare centre opposite my place this morning to "survey" the place. The 2 munchkins were so entertained by everything in the class (toys, colourful wallpaper, charts, other kids, etc.) they refused to leave the centre! I'm now starting to visualise them in uniform and going for daycare in Dec this year and then I can "get a life" in 2009.! Kekeke... The future starts to brighten up all of a sudden!!! Hahaha...

jovia

hi. can i join e family as well
happy.gif

Nick: weiwei
BBs DOB: 28 Jan 2008
Names: Yuhao, Yuhan &amp; Yuheng
Others: FTWM

Back