2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

kais

waaaah.....so nice ur hubby can take plenty of photos for u n babies. i also want leh. wil PM u once my gal come back.
happy.gif

dora

heehee...call me weiwei la.
happy.gif
my gal putting on weight well. maybe can b discharged early next wk.
happy.gif

Morning mummies!!!

Dorayaki- respite gathering sounds gd!!!! If hubs is gonna wk tht day count me in!! But if he decides to stay hm, then tht day is precious for me...Count me in for the weekend playgrps.. Im easy. Re childcare, im keen to put them in in May, but do you think they will adjust to the seperatn thingy? Me dad n the king at hm says we shud send them to a parent n todd class instead... But then there goes my bright future of having a life.... Wats ur take?

Lyricist- JG paynest for under 18mths is 680 n the above 18mths is 880. Twice a week. Hope this info helps...

Kais- wow u lucky woman!! Very nice photos!!

blessedone- So did they njoy their splash in the pool?

Hi Dorayaki,
I won't mind a respite gathering also.but that's provided if my hb's is not in town...if he is not in town, it's fine with me..otherwise, would love to stay at home with the family...hehe..like wat Fi said, it's a precious day for me as well..hehe
Hi Fi,
Yes, they really enjoyed it and kept playing with the water...

hi mommies, sorry MIA. Been sick! my boy spread to me and now i got the flu..
sad.gif

wah.. so many posts....

thanks for all the advice on shoes and food!
happy.gif

JoviaGer, i have added you to my Facebook! i like using Facebook for my pics, so i think its good we can set up a group there
happy.gif
tho i dunno why but i can't add myself to the group.. dunno why.. and also, think there is a typo lah.. my babies DOB is 26 May 07, not 25 may..

Irin - me not blur lah on my babies DOB, its typo lah!
happy.gif

Blessedone - they really look alike!

playdates - i am ok on weekends if hubbies are invited! my hubby works overseas, and only comes back on weekends, so most weekends are precious for family, and for him to spend time with them.. but once in a while, i am ok! most times i bring them out on weekdays..

preference for helpers - i think this happens with most mommies, we all feel 'insecure' when our babies cling/get closer to the helper than us.. i have the same feelings too, and i am with them most of the time! but i also think its inevitable.. when i feel like that, i tell myself that its better for them to be close to the helper and let the helper like them than those helpers who treat it as jus a job! more worries on the latter if anything goes wrong! my maid dun sleep with the kids though.. they are in 1 room, 2 cots.. when they wake at nites, i handle half the nite, and my maid handles the other half. once reach morning, and my maid has done the floor cleaning and baby clothes washing, she takes over the kids, while i nap for another hour half (for my sanity sake
happy.gif
) so i think she also has feelings for the kids, and i still feel the pinch when my boy smiles or crawls to her, but i also think its inevitable..

CoCo - dun feel like you are the lousy mom jsu cos you can't train them! twins are different.. mine are 9 over months and they still wake me up 3 times a nite! it depends on the individual.. and moreover, its tough training twins esp if they share the same room.. cos one cries the other one wakes! most of the time i am exhausted too.. its jus everything altogether that is overwhelming. dun be too hard on yourself.. cos if you are, its even harder to cope..

Dawn - i put both the babies in 1 room, 2 cots in there and have a baby monitor.. i do the getting up every nite (they still wake about 3 times a nite each, on a good nite, twice) the earlier part of the nite, i pass to my maid to feed, anything after 3am, i do the feed.. but i still do the waking up and passing to her tho..

Dorayaki - sorry can't do the Respite Gathering.. going to church on friday and have to be a godma on sunday easter!

weiwei and dawn and 3inapod, your babies soooooo cute! its all worth it right?
happy.gif

3inapod, i also love your b&w pic! i really will look you up sometime for studios shots! when i can get my babies to sit still for pics!

janice, hi! haven't seen you back here sometime already! sorry haven't replied your email.. sigh.. been so busy and then sick.. reply you soon!

my dates:

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Irin / Mooch
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin
13 Apr (Sun) - Irin
19 Apr (Sat) - Irin / Mooch
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch

<font color="0000ff">weiwei</font>
Your babies have very poetic names, if I'm interpreting the hanyu pinyin correctly. Hee...

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>
My best friend is a father of 4. I was sharing with him last week abt my "predicament" - to send to tots group at 18 mths, or daycare next year or nursery year after. I'm keen to start them next year bcos I want to work while I'm still "not too old" and my pea brain still functioning. Of course my dad and HB prefers to wait till they are older (at least 3)! But then my friend made this comment "Its always easier for ppl to say send them when they are older becos they're not the ones looking after the kiddos 24/7". and I know he truly understands the situation becos he's been there!

Anyway, at the centre yesterday, after observing a little 2yr+ girl going to the toilet, do her thing on the tiny toilet bowl then carefully press the flush button before heading the sink to wash her hands, I've made up my mind my kiddos should start daycare at 2. I believe independence is something kids have to learn from school (or outside the comfort of home). Its a challenge to teach independence in a home environment. At most we advocate. Anyway, managed to convince my HB last night already. Will have to "brain wash" my dad when he comes to my place this afternoon. Fingers crossed.

As for separation anxiety, I think parents suffers from it more than the kiddos themselves when they start schooling! hahaha... Don't under estimate your kids' ability to adapt and adjust. You might have to be prepared they may enjoy school so much they'll irritate you to the core on those days where school's closed. Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">blessedone</font>
Okie, in this case, pls call/SMS me if you are able to make it on Friday. Will PM you my mobile. Hope to see you and Fi!

Dorayaki,
made changes to my available dates &amp; added Fi's name in.

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Irin / Mooch /Fi
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
13 Apr (Sun) - Irin /Fi
19 Apr (Sat) - Irin / Mooch / Fi
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum/jovial/Mooch/Fi
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Mooch/Fi

Hi Girls,

I've a piece of news to share....I'm preggers
happy.gif
Was it planned? Yes, definitely! Just that we didn't reckon that we would strike jackpot on our 1st attempt (tawt that it was prob. gonna take about 6 months before we got lucky). Is it gonna be twins again? Haha, nope, this time, it's a singleton, due in Sep
happy.gif

lyricist,
seems like 5th Apr is good for most of us? You'll booking the function room at your condo?

J&amp;S,
that's good news!! Congrats!
happy.gif
So encouraging to know twin/multiple mummies getting preggie. At least I know I'm not the insane one around. hehe!

AletheaT, congrats! You are my idol.. hahaha!

Dorayaki, for ur collation pls. Btw, where's it going to be held?
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Irin / Mooch /Fi/ Jlyn
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
13 Apr (Sun) - Irin /Fi /Jlyn
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi/Jlyn
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Mooch/Fi/Jlyn

Hi Dorayaki,

sorry for late reply .. .. heres my input

12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
13 Apr (Sun) - Irin /Fi /Janice
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi /janice
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Mooch/Fi

Hi Dorayaki.

Since you bring up the topic about childcare ... hehe I really can't wait for them to turn 18 months too when I can outsource all of them and get part of my life back !!

Anyway,just a comment about independence in childcare. No doubt childcare kids are very independence but as parents we will need to teach them the survivial skills before sending them to a childcare.

I'm one of those super KS mummies who went round trying out schools before making any choices. So during those hunting days, I realise in some schools, teachers do not follow the young children to the toliet and expect the child to clean themselves. Although they always promise to look after the young kids and etc ...I still see many helpless young children (around age 2+ to 3) playing with water in the toliet or standing in toliet helplessly waiting for someone to help them. In one incident, I saw this boy standig in the cubical alone, not knowing what to do after 'poo poo'. When I tried to offer help, he was so shy and dashed out of the toliet without even cleaning himeself and washing hands !! The teachers are not even around to help! No wonder HFM is so common in Singapore !

Hi J&amp;S

yes, congrats!!! yeah, very good that you like to have big family with lots of kids ;)

Hi mummies

Have rescheduled my kids' jabs, so here is the revised playdates that we can join:

12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum/Mooch/Fi
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Mooch/Fi

Best dates I think are either 5 Apr (Sat) or 20Apr (Sun)? Hi Dorayaki, is your function room available for booking these dates?

hi mommies
just checked the function room availability for 5, 20 &amp; 26 Apr. all available as of now, but will be booking only one date. am aiming for 5 apr, but i'll take the slot that has the most mommies joining.

pls feedback...
- which sessions do you prefer: 9am-3pm or 4pm-10pm? i'm only allowed to book one session.
- would you prefer (1) a potluck food &amp; toys playdate, or (2) order in food &amp; rent toys (we'll split the cost)? if (2), any preference on what kind of food?

i'm going to put the closing date for booking the room as next tues 18 mar.

janice/jlyn
the playdate's at my place
happy.gif
(hillview ave, near bt batok east/upp bt timah). will give you exact address once confirmed.

j&amp;smum
first of all, wow, another munchkin, COOL.. congrats!
happy.gif
i'm really happy for you.

i might need you to help me put a word in with the mom for the toy rental. thanks!

weiwei
i like yr babies' names too!
happy.gif

fi/dorayaki
re. playgroup - some of the parenting multiples books i read suggests separating the twins into diff playgroups for some days. so for eg. for a 2 days p/wk progr, they attend together on one day, and then separately on diff days. so mom gets some one-to-one time with each of the twins (but also hv less time for herslf unfortunately). i'm mulling over this, but i think it might depend on their social temperament and whether they'll be scared to be in a strange environment by themself.

fi
thanks for the JG info
happy.gif

dora, lyricist

thanks... hopefully e kids love their names, too.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
my gal s coming back in a few days time. e nurse ask me to get prepared receive their call, maybe tmr morning or any days tat she put on 80gm more. yeah!!!

mooch

ya, all e pain n uncomfortable seem to b nothing whenever i look at e babies.
happy.gif

Evening mummies!!!

Irin- thanks for adding my name... Wahahahaah..

Mooch- hope u r all better!!!

Dorayaki- thanks for the info.. Am still thinking.. We did attend a parent n todd class n they seem ok, but thts coz we were there... So...........

J&amp;SMum- wah!! Congrats!!! Tht was fast....MOOCHIE- whens ur turn?? Someone beat us to it.. hehehehe.

Lyricist- when were reg for their school, the playgrp teacher told us tht it might be helpful if they go in one at a time.. So tht teachers thr can settle my monsters easily as they will be the latest additn to the class.. N also to facilitate the 2nd one who comes in 1mth later.. When they see their twin settled, they might settle in faster too..

J&amp;S mum,

Congrats! Thats fast..

Mummies,

I drove the gals out for the 1st time today to Compass Point! Prayed hard and thank God there were no accidents, mount kerbs etc.. My younger gal was even 'singing' to me on the way home naaaa laaa...

Dont think I am brave enough to drive all the way to Bt Batok. So will need hubby to drive us there for the play session. Are you all gng w helper n hubby as well?

Have filled in my name below:

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi/A+C
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
19 Apr (Sat) - Irin / Mooch / Fi / A+C
26 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki / J&amp;SMum/Mooch/Fi /A+C
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Mooch/Fi

Would prefer AM (9am) session and (1) Potluck food &amp; toys
Each family bring a few toys/books and we share all the toys/books.

Hi all,
Wow, the playdate sounds like it's going to be fun and exciting judging from the excitement it's generating here!

Hope you all have lots of fun.

J&amp;S Mum, Congratulations! Last night i dreamt I was 6 months pregnant before going to see the doctor! Woke up feeling a bit stressed.
happy.gif

Anyway, was wondering if any of you moms can help me. My daughter's got a runny nose and she gets angry because she's so congested. Is there anything I can do to help her? I don't think she's going to tolerate the nasal aspirator.Doctor just gave us decongestant drops. Any suggestions?

lyricist,
ok, with A+C, there are 7 mummies for 5th Apr.
happy.gif
By the way, I'm thinking would potluck food/toys be difficult for the mummies to prepare/bring? Cos need to bring 2 'monkeys', food &amp; toys. :p
Or maybe we can just order pizzas or those mini buffets &amp; then we each bring 1/2 toys? Easier?

A+C,
I think I should be going with either hubby or helper. See whether hubby's free on that day.

J&amp;SMum, congrats! wah.. a little more hope for me and Fi.. Fi, we need to catch up already lah!
happy.gif

lyricist, i think i prefer the afternoon slot.. but then if most mommies choose morning slot, i am ok with that too.. i do agree with irin, perhaps we should order pizzas, and for toys we each bring 1 or 2, and that should be enuf?

fi, i feel better today
happy.gif
austin's been bullying cayley.. he would pull her hair so hard she fall, and today she was in his way, and he jus pushed her aside and she fell.. sigh.. is it only my boy that is so naughty? i slapped his hand and he cries and ran to the maid..

A&amp;Cmum, i think i going with helper, cos hubby not in town that weekend..

advice needed on BFing my triplets

how do i know that i have achieve let down? coz right now i dun have leaking breast when my baby latch on. i pump while baby latch on and after two babies i get about 50ml of milk in the bottle.

but my 2 babies are never satisfied and they cry after 20 min of latching and yet i see active sucking. they will seem satisfied at my breast and after i put them in the cot, they cry. then i have to give them EM and then FM when EM run out for the day.

when i pump without babies latching on i can get about 70ml-120ml depending on time of the day. 4am-8am the most milk. babies dun latch on at all from 9pm - 9am.

am i on the right track?

hi, re the playdate... wow... i'm the one who intitated but last to respond.... hhehehehe... sorry,... have been busy. well i'd try to make it once u mummies have confirmed a date cos i sometimes have to work from home on weekends. my preference is for afternoon slots though.... hmmm.... on the other hand... tou i suggested it..... i've nvr done this b4 yet... and i scared my trips too young to appreciate the play date now.... so far they love to watch their 15 month old cousin crawling around only... and of course when they are at home, they only play on the mattress on the floor... occasionally climbing over each other to get to the toys. maybe i should join the next playdate instead.

J&amp;SMum, congrats!! enjoy the experience all over again! is it easier compared to walking ard with twins in the tummy?

Ondine, i think the decongestant drops help and is the best for now cos they too young to know how to blow their nose... but do follow instructions given... its not good to use it for extended periods.

Kais, sorry i cant help much in your BF qn cos i was having problem in suppy myself... i think best to express and feed baby EBM, but some say its double work...

Kais,
You know you've let down when there's a strange tight sensation in your boobs. I didn't leak very much either. You can try to aid the let down by filling a milk bottle full of hot water and rolling it over your breast before your breastfeed or express. Of course, wrap a towel round the bottle. I found that very useful at the beginning.

The let down reflex takes a while to set in.

Can you hear the babies swallow? They may be sucking but sometimes, there's very little milk. You can try to listen for swallowing sounds. What I did, to give myself peace of mind was to fully express and feed them from a bottle so that I knew how much they drank. I still direct feed them now (they're almost 9 months) but most of the time, it's from the bottle.

Hi mummies

Re playdate
- I also prefer the morn slot, and that we order in some food stuff and each bring some toys.. Maybe the session can be from 11-3pm?

Hi kais
I am a mother of triplet too. Mine are already 21 months old. I managed to bf my babies till 9 months. I would suggest you express your bm out so you can better estimate how much your babies are feeding. As our babies grow older, their demand will be higher so maybe soon you have to partial feed with formula. if you express every 3 hourly, your supply will come. it is very tiring to latch them on coz we have to feed 3. trust me....a lot of patience and determination are required....Most impt thing is to relax and let other pple help you with the babies....I went through your stage before so I know how you feel.....Relax and your supply will come....

Oh yes, Kai, try Fenugreek too, to up your supply. Fish head and green papaya works as well, but the taste is something that needs acquiring. Apparently, so does oats. I eat lots of cereal too but don't know if that makes much of a difference. The one thing I know does is drinking a lot of water and resting and eating fish. But not always possible, I know, when there're so many to manage.

Hang in there. Talk to people. Don't keep it bottled up.

thanks again for all the advice
happy.gif

Yes now i have taken on to the routine of EM every 3hours. i juz wonder if my supply will ever meet up to their demands which again i have been told to be patient as it will catch up someday...hahaha

Also with the girls drinking 80ml-100ml now, i have to supp with FM.

i get 2 of them to latch on so that i can stimulate milk supply. But i only manage to get 2 of them to latch on maybe 3 times a day the most. At night i totally dun latch them on. Wonder if it is due to the fact that i'm not doing enough latching on so the let down/milk ss taking time to come?

ondine
i take fenugreek religiously. 9 pills a day and also motilium. Drinking lots of water &amp; soup also. Fish head n green papaya was also recommended but i change it to fish meat as i cant stand the head.. eeek!

Evening mummies!1 Juz a quickie!!

Lyricist- i prefer aftn slot coz babes sleep frm 12 to 2. but if everyone else is for am slot, fine by me..

A+C mum-- either helper or hubs.. Most prob helper coz hubs MIA.

Mooch-- catch up again nxt wk? Can do anydays except tues.. King home.

Dorayaki-- whr will u be gng for the respite? N wat time wud tht be? Coz im oni able to leave by 8pm.. Babes sleep at 7 n i need to shower n clean up b4 gng out..

Fi,
probably dorayaki's talking about afternoon not evening? Evening time would be difficult for me too.
happy.gif

Hi mummies (Fi and mesh) and others,

Those who are in FB and having difficulties joining the group, I think you have to be first in the SIngapore network first, as I have created the group in SINGAPORE network... thereafter, you should be able to request to join the group....

happy.gif

See you soon!

3inapod, when my twins were born, i also had to add FM, as my BM not enuf, so from then, they got stuck to taken FM+BM together. but i also expressed it out so i know roughly how much they were taking.. i think the golden rule to BF is discipline (to drink fluids and express every few hours) which i didn't have
sad.gif
so after 4 months i gave up.. i could still BF at 4 months cos i take lots of soup, but i jus didn't have time, and was too exhausted.

Fi- sure to catch up this week! you know my days.. my king home only weekends.. but the queen must drop him off mondays.. so anytime's good with me.. this week short week tho.. king home on Wed nite.. we could meet wed?

Facebook - yeah! i had to add myself to the Singapore network before i could view/search and join the group! so add yourself to the singapore network first.

advice needed - my babies are now 9 over months old, and i am trying to give them lumpier foods to try? so instead of pureeing them i like to mash or cube it.. but can i freeze the food in mash or small cube form?

Mooch, actually I don't believe in keeping anything frozen and left for days in the fridge. When the portions are huge and they can't finish, I will try to lap up the rest whenever possible. Try to always serve them fresh stuff. And yes, feel free to mash the food up with a fork, instead of grinding or pureeing. Not too sure what you've been feeding them so far, but soft-boiled carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes are always a good bet.
happy.gif

Hi all

Think Jlyn's name was accidentally omitted previously, have added hers in again.. assuming no further changes ;P

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi/A+C
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Irin / Mooch /Fi/Jlyn
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi /janice/ Jlyn
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Mooch/Fi / Jlyn

Looks like 5th or 20th Apr are the hot dates!

Jovial, I realised it but since many mummies prefer sat and I cant make it... i didnt highlight lor. Tks anyway.

Hi there,

So the date confirming on 5th ? Morning is fine with me. I don't think I can bring the 2 boys together cos I them alone. Will only bring one of them and my girl.

Hey mummies,

Need your advise. I realise my boys at 9 months are sleeping lesser and lesser. In the day time, they nap less than an hour. In night time, they sleep around 9pm and waking up at 6am. Recently, they even wake up in the middle of the night for milk and after that .. fully awake .. playing !

Their mummy is very very deprived of sleep n I look like a panda now
sad.gif
Any tips on making babies sleep early ? I heard from a friend that babies who don't sleep tend to be very hyper when they are older ... I'm getting worried.

Stroller connector
Hi, sorry to intrude, would like to get some feedback from mummies who uses a stroller connector. I'm thinking of buying a stroller connector to fix 2 single strollers tog for my no.1 and no. 2. Any mummies using a connector pls share feedback with me? Thanks in advance.

hi mommies
re. playdate
ok, it looks like it's prob 5 Apr (sat). i prefer 5 apr altho i don't mind 20 apr. janice, i added you into the 5 apr slot since you're ok. any more mommies joining?

05 Apr (Sat) - dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi/A+C/lyricist/janice
06 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Irin / Mooch /Fi/Jlyn
12 Apr (Sat) - Irin /Fi
20 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi /janice/ Jlyn
27 Apr (Sun) - dorayaki/Mooch/Fi / Jlyn

timing - 3 mommies prefer morning &amp; 3 prefer afternn (incl. me), but might just take the morning slot since the aftn mommies don't mind the AM slot. what abt the rest of the mommies for 5 apr (dorayaki, irin, j&amp;smum)?

foodwise, i'll just order in pizza cos it's the easiest (unless anyone has a better suggestion?). toys, we potluck - everyone just bring 1 or 2 can liao. i think btw all our toys, the playground and the swimming pool, shld be ok.

btw, the pool is right outside the function room, if you're interested, plus the changing/bathroom is nearby. can also lend you my floats, if too cumbersome to bring.

will close by end of tomorrow and confirm playdate &amp; details, ok?

irin
i bought the same tent as you from KP
happy.gif

dorayaki
my twins not that enthusiastic abt the basketball hoop set.. they prefer the tent! keke

mooch
i'm quite ok with frozen babyfood becos it makes life easier for me, plus i believe most of the nutrients are retained (altho some might be lost during the thawing process). yes, i mash with a fork so that's lumpier. just be careful not to make the lumps too big since the bbs might not be used to it yet.

ondine
how's yr girl's stuffed nose? better? my girl has a tendency to get nasal congestion as well.

i understand you can run a hot shower and let the steam clear it (never tried it before though). i also elevate her while she sleep using a firm cushion/pillow. and i know it's not recommended but i find vicks vaporub works well for her. you can try eucalyptus ointment as well, i think. beyond that, just hv to keep giving her her meds and tough it out.
happy.gif

mommies
i will not be able to log on as much as i've just changed my childcare arrangements. MIL not coming in anymore so i'm on my own totally now. but playdate's on, of course
happy.gif

Hi Lyricist

Re playdate, I think the afternoon slot (from 3 pm) may work better for me as well, since 11-12pm is usually their naptime...

So add me to the afternoon slot poll too!

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
My sister bought a toy pram and a supermarket trolley from KP Tampines for my gals. That's it! They've been ignoring their basketball hoop and kitchen set today. All they do is push the trolley and pram around the house, loading their puppies (new from my dad too) into their new transport gadget. @#$%^&amp;*!!!

RE the playdate, I'm OK with both AM or PM. Anyway, G&amp;C's nap schedule went haywire lately cos they are transitting from 2 naps a day to just 1, so it doesn't matter what time we meet. If we meet AM, they'll knock out in the PM. If we meet PM, then I'll try to make them sleep before we go. I'm sure they'll be wide awake as long as there are activities for them. Kekeke...

Oh, I hope you can meet up on Fri. You really need a good break, esp now that you're on your own all weekdays.

Irin's right. Respite gathering is lunch/afternoon tea.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Mommies meeting on Fri</font>
<u><font color="ff0000">WHO</font></u>
dorayaki / lyricist / irin / fi??? / Blessedone???

<u><font color="ff0000">WHEN</font></u>
Shall we meet at 12:30pm and target to leave for home around 5:30pm? Or is 5 hours too long for most of you?

<u><font color="ff0000">WHERE</font></u>
Any suggestion where to go? I haven't been "out there" so can only name a few places which I think won't be packed with people on a PH. They are:

- Coffee Club at Rendezvous Hotel or Marina Sq
- Baker's Inn at United Sq
- TCC at Millenia Walk
- Earshot Cafe at Arts House (former Parliament House). ** Not sure if they're open on PH though.

If you have any good suggestion, please share.
happy.gif

lyricist,

First of all, salute you! taking care of a pair of twins all on your own + housework etc etc.

re: playdate on 5 Apr
Agree order in pizza would be easier. Realised after posting that cooking food would be too much a hassle.
AM or PM are fine with me. They ll be awake as long as they are outside and knock off once inside the car.

dorayaki &amp; janice,
My gals also missing their PM naps very often recently. .. sigh. Even the AM nap is only abt 45mins long. Gimme a break babies!...

Dorayaki,
you seems so excited over the respite that I find it abit cruel to post this. :p Errmmm ... Shall we change the respite date? Cos I think Fi has something on so only left you, me &amp; lyricist.
sad.gif

Lyricist,
you are great! I'll be so tired out everytime my maid goes on leave. I'm fine with AM or PM cos my kids' sleeping schedule also abit hay-wire nowadays cos I can't be bothered liao also.
happy.gif

evening mummies!! juz a quickie...
Lyricist- c u at the playdate..

Mooch- c u at gymbo tmr.

Dorayaki- ok, cant do respite lunch.. king is home.. anthr day when its not PH? King nowadays wk 2 days n off 1 day.. Like today he's off n i log in at this ungodly hr!!! Think we may be off to the bird park...??..Pls make anthr one soon n then i can go????!!!

A&amp;c mum- mayb ur kids are transitioning? Try pushing their morning nap backwards abit n see if they sleep longer.. thts wat i did.. Usually 9.30 nap now is 12 to 2.30 or so... 1 nap oni..

<font color="0000ff">A+Cmum</font>
I think my gals are more or less fixed at 1 nap a day now, looking at their past 7 days' record. Anyway, its about time cos they'll turn 18 months in another 2 weeks. But 45 mins for a nap is really short, isn't it? You must be feeling very frustrated.
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Irin</font>
I'll still have my "off day" this Fri cos my HB can only help to babysit on weekends and PH. Other weekdays I'll have to care for the kiddos, so not possible to take a break from them. Therefore this Fri, I can still meet up with both of you OR if lyricist and yourself decide to postpone, I'll go kai-kai myself. Hee... No problem lah. Its the peace of mind I enjoy when I'm out for coffee/shopping without a care. Hehehe... Let me know if you're coming, okie?

If you'd like to meet up for respite another time when more mommies are able to make it, let me know. I'll SMS you if I don't hear from you here cos understand you must be really busy.
happy.gif

You're going to the BirdPark on Friday? Enjoy! We're going to the zoo (again!) next Thursday. Praying for good weather. Hee!

I can organise another respite but will have to be weekend. No one else can help on weekdays. My FIL still working, MIL feel that she's not up to the job physically whereas my dad can't communicate with my maid. Sigh... Oh, but we can try Friday nights if my HB come home earlier. Can also get my neighbours to help out on Fri nights too. Hee... Okie, let's discuss when we meet at playdates?

hi mommies,

re. playdate
okie, confirmation of playdate details:

date: 5 apr (sat)

time: 12nn - 3pm (on second thought, i find the PM slot a bit awkward, only 2 hrs if 4-6pm. maybe those mommies who's a bit busy in the morning can come by a lil later. but let me know if this doesn't work for you, so i can go amend the booking slot)

venue: hillview ave (will PM/email participating mommies address &amp; directions)

participants: dorayaki/J&amp;SMum/jovial/Irin / Mooch/Fi/A+C/lyricist/janice (did i leave anyone out?)

other details: i'll order pizza for lunch, ok? pls let me know how many pple (hubby, helper, etc)coming so that i can gauge how much food to order.

other mommies - do join us if you can. just PM me.

dorayaki
pls don't kill me, but i just realised that my parttime cleaner coming in on fri and i can't contact her to change the day becos she recently lost her hp and is uncontactable. so unless she calls me before fri or i can make sure someone else's home when she comes, i may not be able to leave the house
sad.gif
maybe we shld just arrange another one where fi and the rest can make it. sigh, if i do manage to get out of the house that day, i think i'll prob go shopping too. maybe i'll give you a call to see where you are and try to meet up
happy.gif

No prob! Just buzz me on Fri if you can make it out of your house.
happy.gif

<u>RE: Playdate</u>
What do you need us to help you get? Apart from toys which everyone will bring a share + food/drinks which you'll be ordering, what about other stuff like:
<ul>[*]disposable cutlery <LI>trash bags <LI>serviettes <LI>floor mat (may be required for those babies who are not walking/crawling yet???)[/list]
The above are just some of the things which came to mind. Pls feel free to let us know what we need to bring. Though the playdate is going to be held at your place, but we know you're busy with the kiddos, so if we can help get some stuff, we'll try to work it out among ourselves and split the "duties". Hee...

Dorayaki,
think I'll probably drop by at the Baby Fair on Fri.
happy.gif
We'll arrange for another respite, weekends are fine for me too.

lyricist,
shall we also put down what toys we are bringing so we won't bring duplicate items?

Hi all,
I m back on a short trip, its soooo busy in here wah wah..................

I just managed to read thru the posts, didnt read everything tho.

lyricist,
choosing montessori or holistic approach should depend on what outcome are we looking at. In addition to it cost is definitely a factor, most montessori schools are ex. and also whether pure montessori or mixed, i guess not much montessori are pure in singapore. I m out of market for almost 2 years so dont know whats hot and whats not now keke....

Re Childcare: I m in for sending my kids to childcare once i m back in singapore for good. Planning to come back in oct and then will start my hunt for cc. I too badly need my time and space, I feel like i lost myself hehe.....

Now the difficult task for me is finding a cc i and the kids like within my budget and near my place (distance is very important to me) So i m already cracking my head on this subject.

J&amp;S mum,
congrats! how wonderful to get preggie on your first try
happy.gif

sorry if i have not answered anyone's post! i m really short of time.

Planning for the zoo trip tomorrow, hopefully its gonna be good.

Back