2006/2007-Twins/Triplets MTBs

lyricist
Yeah, echo Lyn's question! You sound quite can hor? some of my frends with twins have 2 maids, a confinement nurse 2 night, mother and/or mil to help! I am wondering if i will need to get another helper cos mom and mil are both in m'sia!

lyn/ava
no, i don't hv a maid. not comfortable nor used to having a stranger living with us (plus all the attendant issues with hiring one). i just hv a part-time cleaner who comes in once a week. she does all the heavy-duty cleaning - wipe everything down (incl. toys), wash toilets, sweep & mop floor, etc), while i just upkeep it for the rest of the week (clear mess at end of the day, do the laundry, try to mop once more per week). thing is, my threshold for dirt is quite high. i'm not really one of those moms who're obssessive abt cleanliness and must mop the floor everyday. occasionally, the twins will pick crumbs off the soles of their feet and hand them over to me to throw away... keke ;P

laundry - washing machine & dryer. very easy.

childcare - MIL comes in twice a week, on tue & thu to help out for the entire day. she does some cleaning as well, but not really necc.

meals - we order tingkat dinner mon-thu. fri, hubby buy or i cook something simple. my hubby does grocery shopping once or twice a week so my fridge & larder are always well-stocked. MIL also buys my meals when she comes over. sometimes FIL will drop by during lunchtime to bring me lunch. so, that takes care of my breakfast & lunch. when i get desperate, i occasionally pop down to the nearby coffeeshop to buy lunch during the babies 11am naptime.

for babies' meals, my MIL helps to do the mktg & stocks up on the meat & veg for their porridge meals. once a week or so, i wld prepare and freeze a week's worth of their mashed fruits & veg.

actually, it all boils down to expectations. if you're the kind of mom who expects a sparkling clean & neat home, hot home-cooked food for every meal and strictly no tv for the kids and only parental engagemt, well... i think it'll be hell for you coping alone. for me, as long as my kids are healthy, well-fed and clean, and i get my 3 meals and one bath a day, i'm quite happy. plus, it helps to hv such supportive in-laws (altho i'm pretty sure i can also cope without their help in a pinch).

the main problem for me is psychological/social. i live a very insular existence since i'm cooped up at home all the time. i can count on the fingers on one hand the no. of times i've seen orchard rd the whole of last year. i only get to get out of the house on weekends. that's why i come online frequently, so that i'd hv some semblance of a social life, even if it's only virtual.

anyway, all this is temporary. babies grow and their needs will change. very soon they'll be going to playgroup, then preschool... and my own life will change accordingly. i just adjust.
happy.gif

lyricist, I salute you really.. staying home on just sat and sun to take care of them full day exhaust me. I will try to bring them out during weekends cos I am running out of ideas of 'what to do' with them at home. Now that they are both running and climbing up and down.. I find it difficult to settle them down and read them a book.

Mummies, care to share what do you do with ur kids at home?

Hi Lyn
We actually hired 2 maids to take care of them but of course over the weekends, we make sure we handle them ourselves.
I'll normally try to attract their attention by dancing and singing to them...
I'll read to them as well..but one at a time...so my hb will read to the other one.
Yes, sometimes I have to carry both at the same time, esp when both are getting into mischiefs....
For us, we'll make sure they help with the housework only when we are around. However on weekdays, they will lend a helping hand to my mom, aged 65. My mom will be the main care giver of the twins. However, when she gets too busy with one, the other maid will watch over the other.
Basically, they have to handle all the housework.
When the twins were 1-3 mths' old, I handled them all by myself while the maid(i had 1 maid only before the boys turned 8 mths) did all the housework. However, when i got back to work, I allowed her to handle them but my mom wld handle the food and preparation of formula milk.
I gave birth at the 36th week via CSection.

hi blessedone, reading of how u try to handle the kids yourselves even when u have 2 maids really makes me feel so guilty... i ahve 2 maids and bsically the 3 of us look after the triplets together.... my maids handle all the formula milk preparation... i only do it once in a while.. of course i specify how many scoops and how much water and when i saw them being careless like not being accurate in the amt of water needed, i give them an earful and mind u, i make sure its an EARFULL.... haha....they sleep with my maids, but in their own cots and when they cry at nite... the maids soothe them... while me and hubby sleep comfortably in the master bedroom.... in the day time, i'm with my babies all the time, but have started telling the maid... i'd just monitor and not feed anymore during the day cos i'm going back to work soon, and i want them to get used to handling 3 babies between the 2 of them..... but i always feel like i'm a lousy mother... i want to feed them, take care of them and now they are starting solids i hate to miss out on their expressions when they taste new foods after i start work in mar.... this is really getting to me... i don't feel like going back to work but hubby doesn't feel financially secure for us to go single income for the rest of teh year.... i have been on no pay leave for a few months already... and it's eating into our savings..... so i really envy and salute you mommies who handle the kids yourselves, even when u have maids to help out.... and have even more respect for mommies who manage to last with the kids for months alone before seeking help from foreign domestic helpers... 2 cheers for all mummies here!!!

lyricist, blessedone,
Thanks for sharing
happy.gif
At least I know it's still possible to handle two kids single-handedly
happy.gif
I was thinking that I should be able to handle for at least the first 6 months when they are not so mobile and sleeping a lot. But lots of people are telling me otherwise.
Probably I will lower my expectations. Currently, I am practising attachment parenting on my elder boy.

Jlyn,
Sometimes, I sit down and play with the toys with my boy. When in the shower, when he wanna play with the pails and buckets, just watch him play. Sometimes read. We used to go out every weekends too
happy.gif

mesh,
All mothers are good mothers to their kids
happy.gif

Hi mummies, have been down wif a cold... Kiddos have recovered n now its my turn..

Lyricist- Salute u!! I will go mad if im coop up in the hse for too long.. Like u, the forum is a life saver. Frm here i have found frens..I juz registered them for PG today!! so happy!! I guess tht 3 hrs in school will be a bit more freedom for me....

New mummies- welcome!!I have learned alot frm the mums in this thread!!

Mesh,
Don't feel guilty at all. There were times I wanted to let my maids wholly look after them also but dropped the idea completely when I thought of wanting to bond with them since I already spent more than half of my waking hours at work already. It's taxing mentally, physically as well as emotionally.
I"m not too sure why but it seems that twins are more mischievious than singletons,(maybe that occurs only to my own kids) But, do you mommies of twins or higher multiples feel so. I find that it's so difficult to soothe them to sleep sometimes and frankly speaking, if I did not have all these helpers by my side, I would probably have gone into depression by now..haha thank GOD. Besides, I know I simply can't leave my kids alone for even half a second. They will surely be up to some mischief. My younger boy spoilt my laptop recently and made several successful attempts climbing up the window grilles. The older one climbs and walks with support also but not as karang as the younger one....

Hi Mesh, you got your 2 maids from the agency I recommended? How are they? Mine's starting to gimme problems, perhaps after 1 year, most will show pattern, sigh...real headache....

Actually, in an ideal situation, I would love to be a SAHM, if the single income is more than sufficient to keep us comfortably maintained. Then I won't have to rely on others to look after my kids and give me unnecessary problems....When I compare my kids to those whose moms are SAHM - dunno if it's just me - but these kids tend to learn faster and are more advanced developmentally, not to mention the close bond between mummy and tyke.

Btw, I've just updated my blog www.ourlittletwinstars.blogspot.com

<font color="ff0000">Good morning, everyone!!!</font>
Sorry, I MIA for a week cos the munchkins are not well. Chloe was down with flu (again!) and fever from 2 Thursdays ago. Her runny nose was driving the entire family crazy and her refusal to take her med almost drove me to my grave. Anyway, by God's grace, she recovered in a week.

The more worrisome case was Gracia. She started running a temperature day after we brought her sister to the doctor. Thought she might have gotten the virus from Chloe, so I simply medicated her with paracetamol. But her temp shot up all of a sudden to 39.2 on Sunday, so send her to clinic right away. Ibuprofen (a strong fever med/pain killer) was prescribed and fever was kept under control. However, the rising trend of her temperature every 4-5 hours worries me, and she seemed to be having diarrhea as well. So we brought her for second opinion on Wed.

Well, turned out the side effects of Ibuprofen is loose stools, which the first doctor didn't mention. Or maybe he did but I couldn't hear him cos Gracia was wailing so loudly in my arms (and I'm also a bit hearing-impaired in one ear). This second doctor advised against administering Ibuprofen and continue with paracetamol. Oral antibiotics prescribed instead. No confirmed diagnosis at the moment. Can only assumed its viral.

We were supposed to monitor for 2 days and if things doesn't change for the better by Sat (yesterday), we'd have to admit her to KKH. Thank God her fever had gone down ever since the antibiotics were given. She measures a max of 37.4 currently and we're still monitoring. She will only be given the antibiotics till Mon (tomorrow), and then we 'll see what happens on Tue/Wed. Fingers crossed.

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>
Hope you're feeling better now. Me too got the flu bug from Chloe. Plus sleep deprivation over the past week also add to it, but am now recovering as well. My sanity's still hanging by a thread after a week of home "quarantine". Kekeke...

<font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>
I shall visit you once Gracia has fully recovered. We can count the no. of times we've been downtown over the past year. I'm sure our fingers add up are more than enough. Hahaha...

<font color="0000ff">Ava/lyn</font>
Another pair of hands is always better than none. Not many of us can survive alone for as long as lyricist. Hahaha... I gave up after 3 months. I feel like I just work, work, work the whole day. No quality of life. Plus, I want to be able to take a shower or go to the toilet in peace, so we decided to get a maid. Thankfully, my Filipina maid is pretty good so far.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Alethea</font>
What sort of problems are you facing with your maid now? Care to share? You are a SAHM now, right?

Lyn
Hi, my edd is in Sept...stil some time to go yet and I'm still sufferingfrom MS and now a cold! My poor son is not getting much attention from me these days cos I am so exhausted all the time!

Help @ home
Lyricist, wow. Kudos to you! We held off having house help for my son till we moved to a maisonette when he was about 2.5 yrs old cos we couldn't handle the cleaning and my hb has allergies which requires special cooking. She's been quite a help now that I'm so tired, but I feel pangs of jealousy sometimes when my son says he loves her and plays with her...what to do? Hope to be able to spend enuf time with the two new arrivals so as not to have them too attached to her...just for my sake
happy.gif

hi everyone
i'm not sure if anyone here remembers me cos i'm very inactive here but i did update my profile on this thread sometime last year. I'm mummy to a pair of FRATERNAL twin boys. They are 15 mths old now. Do u mummies arrange any forms of meetups? I would like to be part of this thread but i often find myself little time to write. wonder how you mummies find time?? U ladies r amazing. Already, my hands are very full w my 2 rascals -haha! I'm a FTWM hence my twins are left in the care of 2 maids (ouch..of cos i do pray hard that they do not mistreat my boys).

Anyone here with 15-18months old twins attending any playgroup? Care to recommend? Me stay in the East. I'm think of sending my boys to some form of playgroup once a week cos they are always left in the care of maids - not so ideal. I want them to learn some communication-cum-social skills. Maids can't teach them these skills neither can i since i'm often not home. There's a PAT's schoolhouse near my place - is it any good? I'm going to call them up to enquire but i thought before that, maybe someone here has some form of experience or feedback to share- that'll be nice
happy.gif
Also any suggestions on other playgroup strongly welcomed. Thanks everyone! much appreciate it.

Here're my 15mo old VERY NON-identical twins - looking very very different hor? Paisay forgot to put on their pants! haha.

Wishing every mummy &amp; their multiples here a belated HAppy Lunar New Year !

1263912.jpg

Afternoon mummies!!! We were at NUH today for their PD apt.. They both had their MMR n chix pox today too!! Fingers crossed tht they wont be having fever...

Dorayaki- Im on antibiotics as my fever doesnt seem to go down.. N im having loose stools frm it... wahahahahaha......

lyricist- someday can i visit n play wif u too??hehehehe..

Alethea- saw ur blog.. ur kiddos look adorable.. all grown up.. amazing mum u r to have faithfully blog their milestones!!

MMmama- Ur boys r cute!! they really look diff(ya i noe they r fraternal).. R their behaviours diff too?? My kiddos r 16mths n will be sending them to PG at kinderland.. we have a pats nearby too but the pats at our area is rather old...Heard tht its a gd school though...

Hi Fi
Thanks for the compliment - yah 1 look at them &amp; u know they are fraternal , right? Unlike Blessedone -her fraternal twins look identical
happy.gif

Their behaviour different too...but they do share similarity though...both are bad-tempered &amp; both want things their way! They fight a lot!

Oh Kinderland has playgroup? I initially wanted to send them to kinderland but the one near My place does not have once or twice a week type of curriculum. They run daily curriculum (ie more like a childcare) &amp; I do not want them to go to school everyday.

Your kiddos took MMR? 1 of my boys is allergic to eggs !!!! Alamak....yesterday gave my boys eggs...today my fatter twin (d one on the right) developed rashes all over...my heart sank lei! I NEVER thought my boys will be allergic to eggs. Sigh.

Where do you stay? Are you a SAHM or FTWM?

I gave birth at NUH but bcos I stay in the East, i didn't continue with the PD at NUH altho he's really good - he's Roy joseph - very nice but too bad NUH too far from East Coast lah.

Looks like your twins &amp; mine are about same age lei. I gave birth on 2 Nov 2006. What is the birthdate of your precious little ones' ?

J&amp;S,
Wow... you still have time to keep blog. You are amazing! My blog quite outdated already. hahaha... Now, only writes once a month, if I can find time.

Ava,
I am delivering in 4 weeks' time! At week 37. I am going maids shopping this weekend. A bit last minute...

MMmama,
Your fraternal twins really non-identical.
My boy goes to Julia Gabriel twice a week. He loves it. He, including me, are learning all the songs and actions from there.

Gals,
Can share with me which week did you deliver your twins? My gynae told me not to take the risk, and deliver at week 37.

Anyone delivered at Gleneagles? Can share the cost with me?

If you delivered at TMC or Mt. A, is there package for twins? Or everything ala-carte?

Hi Lyn,
I delivered at Gleneagles. Stayed there for 3 nights with the twins and got discharged after. Twins didn't need special care but I had a c-section. I think, all in, it came up to quite a bit. if you want, PM me and I'll share with you how much it is. I delivered mine at 37 weeks too. They're 8 months today! How fast!
happy.gif

By the way, how much is the JG thing you send your son to?

MMmama- halo!!! Sorry to hear tht ur boy is allergic to eggs.. but dun worry, u can try again nxt week to see if the reactn is the same..My babes were born on 14th oct 06 at 32 weeks oni.. NUH too!! but they were in nicu for quite abit.. Yeah Prof Roy is good.. Me was actually frm TMC but since they were prem we last min deliver at NUH.. I noe its far.. Im in sengkang.. Im a SAHM.. Maybe we cud mit up somedays when u r not working n let our babes play together..........Btw wat are they names?

Mooch-glad u r home!!!

Hi MMmama
yeah your boys are really non identical. I think in future nobody would have guessed that they are twin brothers..until they know their actual birthdates. ;-)
Hi Fi/ mommies
Would you mind sharing with me how much the mthly fees are in kinderland?
At 16 mths of age, are your kids still using car seats?
What type of car are u driving? my hb's thinking of changing to a bigger car since the kids are growing fast...and we are now trying to source for bigger car seats as well...

hi mommies! me back from Shanghai!
happy.gif
back to a dirty house, 3 luggages of laundry, dry clean, and cranky babies having to routine all over again!

so many posts since i am gone! sorry mommies, i shall try to reply the posts and keep updates soon.. for now i need to settle back home first..

fi, lets meet soon!

hi lyn &amp; blessedone
yah they look very different haha. good also lah...have the best of both worlds
happy.gif
also better for my maids who can be very blur...no excuse for "mixing them up"
happy.gif

JG should be costly i think. Esp for twins... for me, its the distance that is daunting. that's y i thought of sending them to Pat's Schoolhouse@Siglap - walking distance from my place...don't even have to drive...kekeke but dunno good or not lei.

Hi Fi,
Thanks so much for the invite. Yeah I've glanced through the thread &amp; have come to know your place seems like a wonderland? Haha. i don't mind meeting up but i must find time (haha) and warn u first hor, my boys are quite the rascals type. hahaha
(refer to attached pic)The left chubbier looking boy is Malcolm &amp; right slimmer boy is Marcus

hi mooch,
welcome to the warm weather again. the opposite of shanghai
happy.gif

Attached pictures of my boys taken on 1st day of CNY ... its very difficult to take them together...hence took solo pictures
happy.gif

NJOY !

1267875.jpg
1267876.jpg

Fi
sure, you (or any other mommy here) are more than welcome to visit us ! heehee.. you so funny.. you want to play with me, or you want our kids to play together? it's been a long time since I've played masak-masak...
happy.gif

how're yr twins taking to playgroup? by the way, what do they do in playgroup besides play?

how i wish one of you twin mommies live near me... 2 + 2 kids = instant playgroup!

dorayaki
i hope Gracia's recovered from her illness. it must've been really tough on you. it's always mommy who suffers the most when the little ones fall ill.

ava
yeah, even though i'm a sahm, it doesn't necc mean that i hv a very close bond to my two babies. most times i'm too tired or busy to really interact meaningfully with them. even i feel a pang of jealousy sometimes when my girl, min, prefers her nai-nai who plays with her more. but then again, i'd rather she's close to her grandma than the maid.

MMmama
wow, you're not kidding when you said your boys are non-identical! they look completely different.
happy.gif

isn't pat's schoolhouse kinda expensive?

by the way, yr boy's reaction to eggs may not be an allergy. my nephew also reacted to eggs at ard 15mths (eyes swelled up) but he later outgrew it. just wait a bit before you try again.

hey mooch! *waves* welcome home!
happy.gif

mommies
i'm considering my twins to montessori once they're old enough. anyone has any thoughts on that?

hello mommies,
Appologies for not being able to post regularly. Looks like a lot goin on here
happy.gif

mooch,
I m with you, came back from india with all that barang and two kids gone restless. it gets better soon tho
happy.gif

Fi,
your kiddos in PG already ah? wah i cant wait for that stage leh
happy.gif
Hey i thot u wanna put them in Eton house?

lyricist,
I remember when u first started taking care of ur twins, it was tuff in the beginning ya? u r amazing! Y pulled it......good job! I totally agree with u on the expectation of cleanliness and tv watching, i m one of the mom with germaphobia (hope i spelled it correct)thus never managed to care of them all by myself.

dorayaki,
so sorry about Gracia, glad that all is well now
happy.gif
I can feel how u might have felt when said need to admit, I was in your shoes a few months ago. take care!

blessedone,
hey u doin great leh! so have u sourced out the childcare yet?

<font color="0000ff">Lyn</font>
I delivered at TMC. Everything's ala-carte, no package for twins.

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>, <font color="0000ff">lyricist</font>, <font color="0000ff">twinsmom</font>
Thanks for your concern. Gracia is well and happy now, thou she's still coughing a little. Hope her immune system will strengthen after this round. Anyone giving your kiddos Scotts Emulsion? Not sure if its a good age/idea to start giving them now...

Once I'm sure Gracia is 100% recovered, we'll head west to look for you. Hee...

<font color="0000ff">mooch</font>
Welcome home!!!
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">twinsmom</font>
After Chloe's admission to KKH last May, I pray I'll never have to set foot in KK's Children Hospital again!!! Its too traumatizing - for both the parents and the child. And Chloe stick to me like super glue for weeks after her discharge from KKH. I can't imagine having them doing the same to me now. They are 10-11kg each. My back will break. :p

RE montessori, I think its a very choice as long as $$$ is not a problem. Hee... For me, I think I'll send mine to the CC across the road from my place once they turn 2.5 or 3 years old. There aren't any good CC near my place and I'm not very particular. As soon as they settle down well in the CC, I'll get a job. I'd really love to work again.
happy.gif

dorayaki,
Chloe was admitted in kkh? sorry i didnt know, it really freaks me out to think back on the two occassions when my babies had to be admitted, totally agree too traumatizing for the kids and us. Ever since i bring my kids to the private pedi and only go kkh when really necessary. I hate their baby wards which are not meant for babies at all!

whats Scotts Emulsion? I m also thinking of giving something for my kids to boast their immune system and apetite.

mommies,
my boys are going on hunger strike lately and getting skinnier, any advice on what to give them to make them chubby keke....?

Evening mummies!! My monsters are finally asleep.. My shift is over for the day.. Hehehehe

Blessedone- Hi.. Kinder is 400+ per bb per mth. Daily PG frm 8-11am. Re car seats, yup they are still in their car seats.. Frnt facing. Am driving a matrix now. Coz the boot is able to fit in my double n single maclaren. N the 2 big bulky seats are able to fit in the back seat wif my helper in the middle.. Hehehe... Will get a bigger car if my next pregnancy is successful...hubby say buy mini bus!!

Mmmama- no worries.. u r welcome to my place any time..

Lyricist- play wif u oso can... but if masak masak count me out, i might burn ur hse.. hehehehe.. Most prob nxt week? Coz running out of ideas of whr to bring them.. They have not started yet.. Will start when they turn 18mths in april.. Brought them to school, seems tht they like it.. I tink.. But i tink they will scream the place down if i were to leave them thr.. Am so afraid tht the principal will kick them out of school after day 1. Hehehehehehe..........

Best twins- glad u r home safely.. Wanted to go eton, but they too start at 9am, then frm our place to CTE to whitley or newton is not feasable... I HATE CTE!!! Unless i stay at mums place, then they can go.. hehehehehe.....So kinder is the best choice ard our area.. Wanted to try MMI, but after visiting them n talking to them, i prefer kinder... As though im the one gng to school!!

Dorayaki- they are on scotts.. i hate the smell. especially if it gets on their clothes.. YUCK!!!! Im not sure if it makes a diff though... But since i bring them swimming often, thought tht its a gd idea to start them on some vits.. Me dad is a firm believer of vits.. Made me take them, though i often forget.. hehehehe..... So i guess his beliefs have rubbed on to me.........

lyricist
Thanks. brought him to PD yest. turned out he was bitten by some insects. so will try the eggs again
happy.gif

Pat's school house is expensive but i think the once-a-week toddler class, d'story club, is still ok. cheaper than JG &amp; some other montessori programmes lei. main thing is it is walking distance frm home- which is what attracts me. Actually i had wanted Kinderland...but they do not run a once-a-week toddlers' club. if you like montessori, i heard MMI is good but too bad there isn't any near my place.

lyricist, mooch, dorayaki, best twins &amp; everyone else
where do u all stay? I only know FI HOZALI stays in SK. Anyone in east coast?

all
I give my twins cod liver oil (aka Scott's emulsion) but i don't feel it makes them any stronger lei ... boys sometimes still cough &amp; runny nose.

dorayaki,
Can you please share the cost for delivering twins at TMC? I was told I can pay for the package for delivery and one baby, then ala-carte for the other baby. Dunno how true...

lyricist,
Which Montessori are you looking at?

Ondine,
I have PM you. Have you received?

Hi Fi,
Oh, so 400+ is before or after subsidy.
So your kids' bedtime is 8 pm? Mine too but i notice that whenever they are sick or stimulated too much in the day, I will a hard time coaxing them to sleep. Hence, every other night, I've to soothe them to sleep, carrying them around the house, singing to them. I wonder if anyone here is experiencing the same problem. I noticed that my sil's son(2 mths plus) can just sleep immediately after placing him on the cot. The best part is he can still play by himself quietly before going to bed. Wonder if there are any solutions to fix this problem?
Maybe I can share with you what type of environment the kids are sleeping in, as well as the last thing they do before the sleeping..
1) air con(if they are having a cold, will switch off aircon and use electric fan instead)
2) the boys are sharing a room with their cousin
Maids look after them at night now.(thot they are old enough now to sleep w the maids)
3) They will drink 8 Oz of milk before they sleep.
Hi Best Twins,
Howdy!!..you are back in action!!
How's batam? you got a maid there?
Yeah i'm doing fine and got an opportunity to take up job that requires me to travel about 5 days in a month. I've yet to decide if i'm going for it. It sounds really interesting..something that i love doin..:)

MMmama,
Who is the gor gor and didi??

Fi,
Yep, distance is really a factor when choosing schools
happy.gif
Good that u have found the KG u are comfortable with, mommy is the one who should like the place ma, if mommy likes sure kids will like
happy.gif

MMmama,
I live in punggol but currently staying in Batam
happy.gif

blessedone,
Batam is ok leh, getting used to it cos still got one more year to go there. How wonderful that u have found the job u like, it would be great to travel once a month to charge our battery keke.....I came to singapore alone this time, the kids are taken care by the grannies and daddy.......its mommy's break time!

All,
My holiday is over, i'll be going back today, will be back in two weeks with the kids for vaccination, till then bye bye!

Afternoon mummies!! BBs nap time so thot id sneak in for a bit..

Blessedone- Its after subsidy. Yup kids routine starts frm 7 to 7. Not that its always perfect, but the great thing is tht latest by 7.40pm or so they r gone!! Hehehehe.. That leaves me some free time for hubs n myself...My bedtime routine starts frm ard 6.15pm or so.. Bathe, dressing up, snuggle time or some quiet toys.. But then again, thr r times tht they will be bouncing on the zebra or running ard the hse.. I will juz put them in their cots n leave them thr.. My boy will usually knock his head on the pillow for abit before falling asleep, my gal will have access to all the soft toys ard her n she will entertain herself till she gives one last scream n sleep. Unless when they r sick then they will be waking up a few times at nite, else its juz once to change a wet nappy or not waking up till tmr.. Both are in aircon rms, hence my utility bill is sky high... Wahahahaha... I nvr pat them to sleep or watever it is coz frm birth thr was juz me n i cud nvr find the time to pat them. Would usually leave them in their cot n walk away.. So i guess they learn to entertain themselves.. Bo pian.

Best twins- shiok!! u r alone!!! Njoy it while it lasts huh... C u ard soon...........

Hi Fi,
Howdy!
Oh actually 400 plus is considered pretty reasonable ya...
Strange enough, we didn't pat them to sleep back then when they were young..and in fact, i reiterated to my maid not to do so. However, they were not easy bbs since young. When we left them alone on the bed, they'd start screaming(their screams were so loud that ppl at level 1 can hear us, we are at level 11 and some of them actually thought we were torturing the bbs) so we were given no choice but to carry them for a while and put them back on the bed again. but not sure why, at this age..esp when they are learning how to walk..they get stimulated very easily..and if i do not soothe them to sleep, they'd probably stay up till 12 am in the morning

blessedone,
forgot to answer your question, I had a maid in batam she took too much off days and always nagging wanna go here go there every evening after dinner and now she's on a long long leave, i m looking for another maid now.

my kids are also not easy going to bed nowadays, my first one takes only one nap for about 2-3 hours and then up all day but by 7 or 7.30 he's very sleepy but not willing to sleep. he will wake up in the middle of the night and be playing in his playpen saying plane, car, plane, car.....

Its probably the stage, at this stage all they want to do is play, so they are less willing to go to bed.

Fi,
ya had a good rest last night other than that was shopping for toys and food for them. Now got 2 luggage to drag with me. hubby already called this morning to cut short my vaccation and be back soon. He claims the boys miss me keke...I think he cannot tahan them, good! thats what i want him to experience!

hi to all the twin mummies,

i have been mia for quite a while cos had been busy with my twins! how time flies... they are now 3 months old and i am back at work already. my mil and maid takes care of them while i am at work and so far, this arrangement works fine. ;P

btw, my hubby and i are looking for a twin stroller for them. any advice or recommendation from all the experienced mummies here?

just to share, here's a photo of my darlings...

1271365.gif

dorayaki
re. visit - sure, no prob. no worries, we're always at home anyway.

Fi
just PM me for my address when you're free to visit
happy.gif

lyn
there's a montessori school near my place called faith montessori. that's why i'm considering it. it's either that or cherie hearts which is just downstairs for me.

anyway, i'm not v particular abt which school for playgroup. as for choosing montessori, expensive doesn't always mean better. i'm just asking becos the montessori pedagogy is very specific and quite controversial (some pple even consider them cult-like). altho i've heard some good things abt montessori, i do also hv some reservations abt their programme. it's not for everyone - you'll need to believe in their methods to embrace their philosophy. anyway i still need to read up some more abt it.

MMmama
i live at hillview (near bt batok east).
happy.gif

i oso give my two cod liver oil - they love it. they rarely fall sick, but i don't think it's really due to the oil. prob becos we hardly go out so no chance to get infected.. haha. am looking to feed them some vitamin syrup once they start playgroup/school to try and boost their immune system.

best_twins
hi!... and bye... ;P wanted to ask you on yr views on montessori becos you hv some early childhood ed bkgrd, if i recall correctly. maybe next time.

blessedone
my kids' bedtime routine is like Fi's except much later. i bath them at ard 7.30pm, then they get free &amp; easy playtime. at 9.30pm, we feed them milk (ard 6oz each) and then put them to bed in their cots by 10pm and leave the room. they're usu sleepy by then and hv no trouble falling asleep. sometimes they might self-entertain with their soft toy, blanket, whatever before conking off. occasionally they cry, but we usu ignore them and they'll eventually fall asleep.

we tried putting them down to sleep earlier - ard 8pm, but it didn't work for us as they'd treat it as a nap and wake up ard 10pm and then refuse to sleep till ard midnight. so we shifted their bedtime later to 10pm. so far so good. they'll usu wake up at ard 7-9pm the next day.

they sleep in non-aircon, and only with the fan on. i wld only turn on the aircon when we hit the hotter parts of the year, and only for a few hrs till the room is cooled down before switching over to the fan. don't want them to get used to sleeping in aircon. hubby always reminds me that the boy still gotta serve NS next time, and no aircon in barracks right?

BestTwins,
Sigh..why are maids problem makers???
My sil just had some conflicts with the maid last few days and even wanted to sack her. However, since it's pretty difficult to get someone who can manage the chores as well as the babies well,and most importantly able to sync well with the rest of the family members, and that it is a long process to acquire a maid, i dissuaded her from the idea totally. I ever changed my maid when the kids were younger and to come to think about it, it was a very terrifying experience. My mom, aged 65, got to look after them all by herself. They are not easy babies as I've mentioned. As such, even if we have the intention to change maids, I will make sure i get a new maid before sacking the old one...:) (strategise :))
My younger son is very karang. He will wake up in the middle of the night, also, attempting to climb out of the cot.
There was one night when we decided to put them on mattresses on the floor and we left the door ajar..guess what, the younger one crawled out of the room!!!!!!!...
Lyricist/ Fi,
Really envy you mommies when you can easily ignore your babies when they cry.
I can't do that for several reasons,
1) They wail very loudly(so loudly that my neighbours will always peep in to see what's happening) There was one time i was at the void deck, and i actually heard cries which sounded really familiar to me and when i reached my level(i.e 11 floor) i realised the cries actually came from the boys..and back then, it was only one boy crying.(my gynae did comment that they had very powerful lungs, coz when they were born, their loud cries actually thundered in the whole operating theatre)
2. My mom refused to let them cry for too long. There was once we tried to close all door and windows and let them cry it all out...but can u imagine, we can still hear them from outside...so my mom, in an attempt not to disturb our neighbours, or rather not to let them think we do not know how to look after babies, she will rush in to carry them..when they start crying.
We have been letting them sleep in non aircon room for the past 9 mths purely for the same reason as ur hb but we realise that they can't really sleep very well, waking up every 1 hr, perspiring everywhere. Then, we noticed that when we bring them to our church's nursery with powerful aircon, they can sleep for completely 6 hrs. As such, we came to this final decision to turn on the aircon every night.

<font color="0000ff">lyn</font>
I've PM-ed you.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">MMmama</font>
I stay at Sembawang.
happy.gif
I only know Mooch stays in the east.

<font color="0000ff">mooch</font>
Where thou art found??? Kekeke... Settled down yet?

<font color="0000ff">Fi</font>
Perhaps we can fix a date and visit lyricist together???

<font color="0000ff">twinsmom</font>
Bye &amp; take care! Really hope to meet up with you though. Its been more than a year since we talked about meeting up. hahaha...

<font color="0000ff">blessedone</font>
Your karang boy is very cute looking and has a more mischievous look. Hahaha... Oops! Keep this to ourselves. Got to cultivate the habit of not comparing the kids. Hee!

<font color="0000ff">dodo</font>
I think quite a number of us here uses Maclaren twin stroller, am I right, everyone? Anyway, HB and I decided to sell our twin stroller cos we hardly use it now. If you're keen to get a pre-loved one, please PM me.
happy.gif

Pix sharing time again???
Okie, here's a pix of my gals taken 2 weeks ago, before they fell sick. Gracia is now slightly "slimmer" than in the pix. *sob*

Left: Chloe, Right: Gracia
1272349.jpg

Gals,
I have decided to get a maid this weekend. Can anyone share with me for twins, what will I need the maid to help? I am thinking of the maid just doing the housework. Taking care of babies and my toddler will be me, but I dunno if this is too much for me to cope. I am in the process of creating a "duty list" and schedule.

dodo,
Your twins are very cute... Can share with me what does your mum do, and what does your maid do while you are at work?

lyricist,
I am not sure about how good montessori are. It seems like different "montessori" have very different curriculum. At the moment, I do not really believe in Montessori kindergarten here. If you read up, can share share with me please? At the moment, I believe more in Shichida and Glen Doman
happy.gif

Hi Dorayaki/ Lyn,
hehe..yr gals look so sweet...Chloe is the quieter one compared with Gracia? :p where were you when you took the photo.. the seat(couch??)looks so unique
i think it's ok to compare them positively.like emphasizing on their strengths.like for gor gor, i'd say though he's the milder one but more affectionate...he's a very people person and whenever he sees someone familiar, he'll beam into a broad smile. As for didi, being more karang, he's more interested in play and bochap to ppl. When he sees someone familiar, he's more interested in pulling ur hair, taking out your glasses, than smiling at you...hehe...

Hi <font color="0000ff">lyn</font>
Think PM is not working or too slow. I didn't receive the PM copy which I send to you either. Can you trigger an email to me at [email protected] then. I'll send you the excel files from there.
happy.gif

Hi <font color="0000ff">blessedone</font>
Hmmmm... Actually the both of them are not very quiet. Hahaha... I'd only say Gracia (the elder twin) is more gentle/lady-like while Chloe is a bit more adventurous. Like your didi, Chloe is more into exploring stuff, so she can be quite "hao lian" at times when there are visitors. Gracia, on the other hand, is more PR. She'll smile, wave and hold hands. More affectionate like your gorgor. But I think they complement each other and brighten my day with their diff reaction to situations. Bet you must feel the same too.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">ALL</font>
Just when I thought I can finally enjoy my weekend, Chloe showing signs of fever (37.9 degrees celsius). Arrggghhhh... @#$%&amp;@*!!!

Hi all mummies

I occasionally chatted here in the past, but not active. I am also a twins mummy with 2 boys, born on 1 Nov 2006..

Hi lyricist

We live very near you indeed! We are at Jln Jur Kechil side... hee.. yes, instant playgroup!

But not sure how old are your kids?

hi dorayaki,
i've PM you!

hi lyn,
basically, my maid does all the household chores and occasionally help in the feeding of the babies should both need to feed at the same time. the main care giver is my mil. the maid only comes in when she really needs a hand. we also leave the making of milk, sometimes, the changing of diapers to her.

also, my maid cannot really cook so she helps mainly in the preparation/washing of the raw food. she is slowly learning some "standard" dishes and improving slowly. for some of the chinese dishes, my mil still need to come in to do it herself.

lyn
sure, will be glad to share. maybe you can share with me why you prefer shichida &amp; GD? heard of them but quite ignorant abt their methods/philosophy.

jovialger
oh cool! and our kids are really close in age too - mine were born on 4 dec 2006, so just a month younger. are you a sahm?

dorayaki
oh no, now it's back to chloe again?

dorayaki,
I have emailed to you
happy.gif

Hope Chloe will get well soon. My boy is also sick these few days. He only wants me to carry. I still gotta carry him so that he will settle down faster.

dodo,
Do you bring your babies out? If so, do you bring the maid too?

lyricist,
Thank you in advance
happy.gif
I see results on my friend's boy from the Shichida method. I started off with GD method, then move on to Shichida. The methods they used are pretty similar, but the aim or philosophy behind doing flashcards are different. I mainly refer to books by Shichida, GD and Sears. They are about nurturing and educating with love
happy.gif
Reading these books, I dun have time to read others already. I have a book by Suzuki, but havent got the time to flip through :p It's about brain development through music, and also lots of love to nurturing kids.

So far, my understanding of Montessori is about motor skills development. GD and Shichida also cover motor skills development, but it's right from birth. Lots to do for the parents from birth if wanna follow GD's method of motor skills stimulation. I did follow 50% only. My boy's motor skills are on the advance side. But now pregnant, I slack already... :p Then dunno how to cope yet when my two gals arrive in 4 weeks' time.

Back