(2006/12) December 2006 MTBs

hwee,
Its 1 of the better ones near my plc. But they had 130 students in the centre including the student care grp. The fee is $580 aft sub.
I actually prefer Cherie Hearts in Harbour front cos the ratio is better but logistic wise not favourable.
Oh really? But I guess its wkn ya?
happy.gif

Is Tim attending any sch for the moment?

roo
i haven't seen the place but i reckon it can't be that big. for 130 kids, wouldn't it be too crowded? I thinks the fees is about the market rate tho.

ya, weekend is her ballet class which is right next door on the same level. so i get to peep into lsh. hee hee....

nope, tim is not attending any school or enrichment at the moment. i gotta decide soon tho. :p

hwee,
the senior teacher said they won't have 130 students in the centre at 1 time.
The student care kids will take turns to come in am n pm.
I saw the eating area the most can accomadate 40 kids. But the env is clean and new.
I'm going to visit the centre 1 more time duirng the wkdays so I can see the 'real' situation.

oh, then we won't hv chance to bump into each other liao.

Can share with me how he spend his time at home?
Denise only wan to watch TV whenever she is bored.

och, ehehhe..paiseh, all i rem is 'houston, we got a problem' :p 92cm!!! wah...kate only 79cm! next time must make sure they dont stand next to each other while taking pics :p how is ur mom? is she ok? kate is in playgrp now.

hwee, haha..ur gal enjoying hself with HFMD? :p

afcai, actually got alot even 2 yrs ago (during tx's time) just that our dec06 bb all relatively safe (except for kate and mandy and mandy is like full term bb)....u see the premmie thread many of them are older than tx...

roo, u leave near ulu pandan meh? still got to take tpt right?

dora..busy handing over?????

bloom,
2 stops away by train + 10mins walk.
got direct bus oso but only ONE! :pP

btw, can u send me the pic on the gathering we had in dec? thanks. I jus remb haha........

hi mummies,

allow me to "disturb"
happy.gif

is regarding the annual zoo membership.
last yr, there are mummies here signed up the memebership, should u wish to renew pls PM (w/ur name, email n contact#) me.
** as my HDD crashed n all the contacts are gone for good.

** the mass sign up will go ahead once hit the mini. pax to enjoy the 10% discount.

** renewal n new sign up are entitled the 10% discount.

rdgs

roo,
oh, tot you're nearer to ulu pandan than you mentioned since you want to leave Denise there. Thee bus is definitely more convenient and less walking. when you going to visit? i drop in with you? do you know that they are having an open house sometime in march? they may have special offers. if you're not in hurry, i suggest you wait.

tim ah, he play with toys and watch a lot of barney during the day. sometimes he will ask my mil to bring him to market. when he's at home, he will doodle and draw with my girl besides watching barney. he doesn't like other characters now. he has a barney plush which he brings to bed too!

Bloom
ya, i think my girl enjoy more than suffer. haha! but she'll be going back to school next week.

sounds like Kate is a little petite at 79cm. well, most important is she's healthy.
happy.gif

<font color="119911">roo13/dora</font>,
any idea if u can buy the Eu Ren Sang bo yin tan directly from eu ren sang or need to go thru physican?
thks.

<font color="119911">hwee</font>,
hope both yr darlings will recover asap.

now, my boy has been moved to another location of scn. nurse said that comparing to other bb, he is progressing well that's why he 's been moved to a location where only 4 bb are there. but jaurdince level and weight still on and off.

I wondered how u cope with yr gar when u are doing CL period? cos tx is already sticky and kept on pestering my mum and me. can't hardly rest man... she also felt stressed out seeing my pestered gar and also see so many things she needed to do so dunno where to start with also. hai.....that's why I gave 'excuse' not to let her stay after 2.5 wk of help out (CL by then will be coming) if not I had no peace and no slp.

stress loh....like y'day, yelled at tx twice. morning time, she broke the essence of chicken glass bottles and then in late morning, place powder all over my bed. when I wanted to rest for half an hr , she kept tapping me to wake up ( my mum hai...can busy in the kitchen till late morning). last time, tx was not like that.

Bloom

Hahaha I'm here... not handing over, its rushing to complete the work that are supposed to be completed in Apr 09 (end of project), cos cannot get replacement (since the announcement that our co will be bought over, nobody dare to come liao). 2 months ahead of schedule, can die lor... but anyway, have to keep a good record lah so that I can upkeep my reputation.
Kate petite good lor... can save on mrt fare... healthy can liao lah... anyway I think she take after you, petite mah :p

Afcai
You can just go to any Eu Yang San and buy. Dun need physician one. they'll ask you how old is your child then tell you how much to take.
Try to rest more.... can ask TX to lie on the bed with you? give her some books or toys to play while you lie on the bed? Last time when I was sick, I also let JT play next to me on the bed while I lie down to rest.

Och
Yah, I am looking forward to bring JT to outdoors minus the sweat cos she keep getting eczema whenever she sweats in SG. 92cm before the growth spurt??!! Wow!!! JT is abt 88cm and she is already at the 75th percentile... Made is really tall! so she got to pay when she take mrt? :p Happy to know that she doesn't have to go for surgery in the near future.

Hwee,
Yah lor, also dunno where JT got her HFMD, cos no case in CC, altho she spread it in her CC (Oops!) glad to know the kids have recovered. You still looking for a CC for Tim?

Roo
So you confirm putting Denise in CC in Jun?

hwee,
I've 1 cc 1 blk away by a church but the facilities really old. I cannot accept the toilet. Even the principal office oso very messy. :p Anyway there is no vacancy oso.
Hubby will bring Denise to CC on his way to work and I will fetch her back by bus.
happy.gif

Sure. I was thinking to go on 20/2 (Fri). Date ok for u?
Open hse - really, mayb I call them up and check then I update u.

Oh Tim and Denise can be gd fren liao.
happy.gif

Denise fav programme is Barney too. Every morn when she wake up, she will point to the tv and said "Barney". Smtm she will draw (actually its scribble) when she's in gd mood.
At my parents place, she will roam ard and play by herself. When my parents are done with the hsework, they will play with her. Other than these, she is also eating/snacking non-stop at my parents place. :p

bloom,
genes plays a part. Hee....
Hubby's nephew is 1yr older than Denise. Their height only half head diff cos his brother and sil are petite.
Agree with hwee, health is more important.
happy.gif

afcai,
Ya, they will give u a paper as reference for the dosage.
Hope u get some rest when ur CL is here.

Dora,
Ya, finally I set my mind.
My dad was asking me when I plan to send Denise to sch last week. Smhw I feel he felt strain in taking care of her. So I tot mayb oso gd to let Denise learn smthg in the CC. Adapting to the full day CC is smthg she has to go thru regardless when I send her. As for the falling sick part, I shall take it as it comes. My frens said I worried TOO MUCH!!!!! :pP
How long did JT took to settle down?

Dora
yes, i still want Tim to go to CC. i dun wan to depend on my mil as she has too many last minute trips to Malaysia.

will you pay for public transport if JT is over 90cm? Tim passed that mark a few months ago already. i personally think won't pay until he's 4 yrs or so. that's what i did for my girl too. i dun follow the height rule.

afcai
Good to know that your boy is doing well.
happy.gif

my girl was 4yrs+ that time so it was easier to handle. She was very close to my mother and my mother looks after her all the time. so i could rest. and whenever tim is sleeping, i'll try to do some reading or drawing with her so that she doesn't feel neglected. she does show her unhappiness but my mother was around to help so i didn't have any major problems.

pls relax! you can never finish housework. try to talk to TX more and assure her. she'll understand slowly. another suggestion i can give you is to leave TX with your mum at her place first then you cater confinement food. leave the housework to your hubby when he comes home. at least that way you can rest.

roo
haha! ya i know wat you mean by the old toilets. when i started to look out for cc, i rule out all old places too. :p

you not working every friday still? hee hee... let me know wat time you intend to go. i see if i can take some time off from work.
happy.gif

tim now operates the TV at Grandma's house cos his older cousins are not there anymore. he will change the CD if he gets tired of it. my mil is surprised how come he knows the whole system so well.

Roo

I think JT is not a very good benchmark, cos I only accompanied her for 1 hr on her 1st day in CC, she was so comfortable there she totally ignored us so I went off to go shopping :p I went back there during lunch she was happily eating, until she saw me and cried for me to feed her. Other than that, she was ok, just that in the beginning she only took 30min nap instead of her usual 2hrs. For the rest of the week she also didn't cry, and her nap hours slowly increased. 2nd week she din go cos was sick. then 3rd week she cried when we dropped her in the morning for abt 10min, but only for 3 days I think. Thereafter she was ok.. think she totally settle down (nap and eat as usual etc in abt 1 mth).
Although I know JT is very sociable so she will probably love cc, initially I was also worried she won't adapt, won't eat there etc... but in the end she took only 1hr to adapt to the place, ate more there and drank more milk... the only prob I had with her was falling sick. So since its taxing on your parents to take care of Denise now, I think you should try it out. You never know, she might be able to adapt faster than you think. Anyway, you can always pull her out if it doesn't work out.

Hwee
I also won't pay lah :p I think for JT easier cos she has a small build so if I carry her, can't tell that she is almost 90cm. But my friend's boy 18mth 90+ cm, but very big build, was "reminded" by the station control person to buy him a ticket next time.
So which CC have you shortlisted?

Dora
wa, you had it so easy for JT to adapt to CC. i'm still a little worried how he's going to sleep in the CC. hee hee....

haha! so far i got 'reminded' at the MRT once but i dun care. he's less than 2 yrs old only. most of the time i put him in the pram its still quite ok.

i'm in the waitlist for wharton in cck. i wanna visit columbia academy in toh guan as well. then visit lsh at ulu pandan also. my fren just recommended me this cc at middle road too. i'm confused now.....

Hwee

I think it helped that JT was in infant class at that time (14.5mth), and she had almost 1 to 1 attention from the teacher cos the other was a 5mth old baby who only comes 2 days a week. So although it was really very ex, but she had all the attention from the teacher who was also very experienced, and accompanied her to join the toddlers class. She let her roam around if she wanted, play whatever she wanted, etc... sort of let her have her own schedule and slowly intro her into the CC schedule. I think it helps greatly. So we happily parted with the money *_*
Of course, I think it helps that JT is very sociable by nature

Wharton in CCK is the one at the stadium? Good or not? I was thinking of switching her to a half day CC in CCK if I really can't find work and have to be a SAHM.

hwee,
ya, I'm still 20% SAHM haha........ but have been in office full week before CNY and this work cos of heavy work load.
I will try to call up lsh for the open hse and we discuss again.
happy.gif

Denise oso attempt to press the player and took out the disc. Kids at their age can really suprise us with thier actions smtm.
There was once when Denise was on the Barney kiddy ride, she pointed to the slot for putting money. I told her mama no money ask papa. Few weeks later when she was sitting on the kiddy ride, she told hubby: 'papa, qian, Barney'
crazy.gif

I will love Tim to be Denise classmates haha....
hwee, u working near there?

Dora,
Thanks for sharing. How I wish Denise will be like JT.
Ya, my fren oso told me the same thg. Give it a try and see hw it goes since now no #2 easier to manage if she needs more attention.

hwee, Dora,
I asked the same qtn abt the nap thing as Denise is still on sarong for her nap. Both the teachers from lsh and Cherie hearts told me usually the kids shd b able to slp aft the activities in CC and also due to the early waking up time.

transport - Denise is abt JT's ht. I oso won't pay. Think they shd chg the std cos the kids r bigger built now leh.

afcai,
if ur baby's condition changes day on day, then maybe u can try to spend more time with your son. nicu is a scary environment for babies n i think they will do better when there r familiar voices talking n holding them. n if it helps, being close to him might actually stimulate more milk. is there a reason why u r not allowed to latch him?

if u can take $8k fr medisave, then it's honestly very affordable. nicu charges are really expensive, n by being in the c ward, u got most of it subsidised.

i think hwee's suggestion is good. u can cater confinement food. i think ur mum is also overwhelmed with a toddler n so much housework n preparing food for u. n dun mind me saying, i think u might want to child proof ur home. it's not safe for our toddlers to be within reach of glass bottles.

roo,
i want to send made to something that is half day next yr. exactly what that something is i dunno yet.
lame.gif
since it's going to be half day, the sch should be near my mum's or near my place. we still hv not started sourcing for sch properly. dunno where to start looking too. so what did u look out for when sourcing for cc?

bloom,
my mum is ok, thanks for asking! tsk tsk tsk. kate moves so fast, made is so frozen in social situations, i think made cannot catch up with kate to stand side by side her.
crazy.gif

dora,
no lah, made was abt 92cm after the spurt.
lame.gif
b4 the spurt, she's abt 89cm or so. i dun intend to pay any tpt fares for her yet. it helps that she is really quiet outside, so we pass stealthily through all gantries.
biggrin.gif
aiyo, i so want to go to us!

harlow!!!

Afcai: congrats on the arrival of ur boi.

maybe you dun cook tats why you will wonder why your mum spend the whole morning in the kitchen.
juz to prepare 2 dish n boil one soup takes abt 45 mins minimum if wanna make the dish yummy.

then still have all the cleaning up etc.

i'm doing it for the past mths and it's a pain!

Och/Hwee: i am also gonna act blur regarding paying for Meg's ride. kee kee kee.

Och: loooooooooooong time no see u n Made!

Dora: hopefully Meg adapt as well as JT when she start sch next mth.
her class is from 1130 to 1430.
looks like i can only meet you for hi tea during sch hols/weekend/when my mum visit.

och,
I was like you when I started sourcing. As u go along, the picture gets clearer.
happy.gif

The following are the questions I asked when I visit the CCs. It gets longer the more I visited haha.......

1) Daily schedule/programme - most CC had TV on ard 5-6pm when the kids are waiting for the parents to fetch them.
2) Food menu - I will prefer CC with minimal process food serve.
3) Ratio of teacher to kids - some may not follow even they r reg with MOE. Some also claim the teacher is diploma but the assistant may not be. Another thing to take note is how well the teacher speaks since our kids are going to pick up their language from them.
4) If the kids misbehave or bully by other kids how will they handle?
5) What is their acceptance level when a kid is sick? - both Cherie Hearts and LSH will not accept kids if they r running a temp of 37.5C.
6) Do our kids need to be toilet train?
7) If they dun nap what do they do to the kids?
8) Are the girls and boys separate during shower? - take note of the waiting area whether the kids r exposed to fan/wind as they are only wrap in towel.
7) &amp; 8) probably not applicable since Made is going for half day
happy.gif

Last but not least, the place must be clean and tidy to me.
Hope the above info helps. Happy searching.

mbb2,
Thanks for the email.

<font color="119911">Dora</font>,
thks for the advice.

haa..me so smelly now leh.....have survived without bathing (only wipe body) for 12 days. unlike last time, bath with herbs on my 7 days.

<font color="119911">roo13</font>,
thks.
think eating/snacking non-stop is the part of toddler life wor....tx also did that at my mum 's plc. luckily, she never become pump.

<font color="119911">hwee</font>,
thks for sharing the experience. hmm...dunno will u feel guilty when neglecting no#1 loh? I will also nap when tx is napped. if not will try to spend time with her. really felt guilty after scolding her cos mood not very gd.

<font color="119911">Och</font>,
my bb already in SCN liao since day 2. he can breath on his own. NICU really scary plc with lot of equipment.

he cannot feed and still on tubing via feeding thru stomach. this week, he is only wk 32 (coming to end wk 32). hubby also updated that one moment, he saw his heart rate shot to 300 man.....so nurse just pat pat and touch touch him. then he ok...dunno why...so scary.... y'day, when I visited him, hie heart also shot up and down to 182. the nurse said that as long as his face dun turn bluish can liao. one also need to see the reaction of his face. y'day, finally, first time carry him, he was so light only 1.5kg. his jaundice level still high.

yup, being in c wards, $8k+(exclude medicine and othe expenses) fr medisave already subsidised.

yup, think I just got to ta han for another 1 more week before my CL came.

<font color="119911">mbb2</font>,
thks for the wishes. how are u?

I can see my mum frustrated with a pestered toddler around. that's why she yelled at tx also.

speaking of cc:
Hwee, roo,
My advise is better to let them attend cc as soonest. The older they go, the longer time they take to adpat the environment. My friend's son attended 2hrs playgroup for 6 mths. Then attended cc at 3 years old. He cried n told his mummy tat he did not wan to go to school every morning for almost a mth. Jav who attended the same cc when he was 19th mth old, took less than 2 weeks to stop crying whenever to left him every morning.

Morning Mummies

So tired this morning that I took the wrong train!!! And by the time I take the train back, I missed my co bus liao.... had to call hubby to pick me up after sending Jt to CC and then send me to work. What a drama morning.
Nope it wasn't JT who kept me up, it was the stupid mosquitoes... by the time I woke up at 3+am to on the air-con, I couldn't get the stupid mozzie out of my room...... so was kept awake. And I stay on 20+ floor leh!! must complain to NEA liao....

Afcai
I know you believe in traditional confinement practices, but I think you should at least maintain your personal hygiene, esp you are bf and your boy is a premmie with extremely weak immune system. You mean you only see your boy once a week?? You don't miss him ah? I read somewhere before that premmies will gain weight faster if they are constantly cuddled or someone to talk to them to show them that they are loved.

Roo/Och
A few points to add other than the points that Roo pointed out.
1) Are the kids happy? Try to visit between 9-11am during the class time. The classrooms should not be dead quiet but should be lively with laughter and children participation. Of cos if they are noisy because the teachers are screaming to keep order than that is no good. If the older kids happen to see you, would they talk to you or smile? You should get the feeling that they are happy and confident.
Also are the teachers happy and would they acknowledge you and take the initiative to make contact with your child? To me this is the deciding point, no use having the best infrastructure and policies, but if the teachers and children are not happy, then everything else is meaningless.

Roo
Dun worry, if the cc is good, then its a matter of time that denise will settle down. JT used to need to be carried for her naps (bad habit) but ever since she went CC, she'll sleep on her own in the afternoon, dun even need patting!! Be prepared that Denise will lose some sleep in the beginning. Like initially JT didn't sleep enuf in the afternoon, so she slept at abt 7.30pm after coming back from CC, so they will make up for it, dun worry.

MBB
Which sch is Meg attending? 1130 to 1430 sounds like a wierd time leh... isn't it lunch/nap time?
How's your pregnancy going? Boy or girl? Let me know when you're free... I'm so free hahaha.... and on top of that hubby going US the week I start becoming tai-tai at home.... even more free :p

Serene
How's Jav?? If you're taking leave let me know ok? I'll be a temp SAHM from 23-Feb onwards....

Dora,
i am in HK now.
hafta pack up my apartment n return to my landlord.
hee...actually i like the timing very much coz Meg will lunch in sch and i dun need to rush like a hairless chicken in the morning
happy.gif

nowdays, Meg nap ard 2 till 530.
the sch is abt 5 min drive from our plc.
so, i figured she can nap by 330 till 530 when she start sch.

it's a church kindy. very happy with the enviroment, have daily devotion class and Meg loves it! (she attended twice for fun when we visit). hee....another bonus pt is tat only hv 5 kiddo in the class tis yr
happy.gif

re: gender. u guess lo. kekeke.

Afcai,
i am doing well.

hi mbb2,
wow, just popped in. are you still working that's why you are in hk? power lei you. how i envy you! know gender le? tell lei... good to know that you are doing well.

afcai,
congratulations to the arrival of your boy.

any mummies delivered at tmc b4? my kkh gynae setting up her own clinic at tmc and if bb is borned at full term, i'll deliver at tmc and wanna know the charges and services. anyone can enlighten me?

congratulations fizz

roo..wah.. still got to take tpt... thats why very sian hor.. me will try to rem denise's pic to send over weekend..yest login but forget to send again... bad memory...but the video very big leh... ahhaa..good that denise know she must ask papa when it comes to money :p :p :p

hwee, i tink thats the good thing abt having siblings loh..even if not watching barney, i think tim run around and play with his sis right?

afcai, must forgive tx too lah..i think she also like have 50% less attention than before?

dora..wahh... tight deadline... i am the living proof that women canot have children too close.. both me and my sis who are < 1 yr 1 mth younger than the prev sibling both are < 160cm.... u must buy those irritating insect repellent with the sound to distract mosq liao... my colleague said sesame oil helps too (when apply on body)

och, ehhee... kate now more 'stable'.... esp when there is cheerios to distract her :p so most of her cheerios are for playing with. not for eating :p heheh..u can plan go US for a trip to visit dora when she is there!
happy.gif

btw, mommies, heard tat globetrotters closed down leh!

mbb, u mean cook both meals daily? now i am very lazy, sometimes just eat out with kate :p

Dora
i cannot tell whether good or not. guess you have to go and see for yourself. tho many ppl say wharton is one of the better ones around cck.

Dora/roo
Wa, you all really got checklist! i'm impressed. i just go see see and make sure everything clean, toilets clean and teachers ok can liao. hee hee....

afcai
i think you are at a loss too cos you are worrying abt your boy too. just try to relax. if you try to do too many things, you'll get tired and angry easily. try to set a routine for tx. i'm sure she'll be able to follow. if its not her nap time, i'm sure she dun wanna sleep so dun force her. let her do something else.

Serene
i know wat you mean by starting them early. it was so difficult for me when i tried to start my girl when she turned 4.

mbb
good to hear from you. glad to know you're coping well too. oh, dun be doing too strenous work hor!!!! take care!

hey, why so mysterious on the sex of your bb.... ;)

Bloom
both my kids are at different place during the day time. I guess it helps them to be closer. they can't wait to see each other in the evening.
happy.gif
its definitely good to have siblings.
happy.gif

Serene,
That is so fast for Jav.
Do you give him any supplment to boost his immune system since he is so young then?

Dora,
Thanks for the tips. I never tot of this.
I witnessed a teacher scolding a tod in 1 of the CC I visited. I'm not so comfortable with that. Hubby said its ok lah cos the tod naughty and the teacher had so many kids to handle.
1 of my colleague told me when her son attend a kindy run by church the teachers there are more patient. Before that, the kindy he attended, everyday can hear the teacher shouting and screaming to keep the class in order.
I like the teacher in GUG for Denise class. After 5 lessons, I've nv seen her loss her cool at any tods. She always hv her way to deal with the kids in a positive way.
Thanks again for assuring.
happy.gif

bloom,
bo bian leh cos this is 1 of the CC I like. Anyway, its along the way from my work place. The only thing is I have not check out hw long it will take for me and Denise to travel by bus home.
photos - no prob. anytime. thanks.

hwee,
my frens oso cannot tahan me haha...... they said I too protective. :pP But can't be help. Denise very precious to me hee.......
btw, I've called LSH. Their open house is on 21/3 (Sat) 10am to 4pm. As u mentioned, they will have some promo on the day.
Since this is the case, I dunno whether I shd go again on 20/2. Wat do u think?

Tan SL n Hwee,
heee....i no longer can work. this hippo cant fit into the aircraft galley liao.
i am back in HK to pack up my stuffs, return the apartment to my landlord, pay my taxs n help to boost the HK economy
happy.gif

it's spring collection! time to zap my plastic cards. wink wink.

Tan SL,
you are still teaching? or on unpaid?
how's Nat?
you dun update ur blog liao, post her pic here?

Bloom,
yup. i cook both meals daily.
really run out of new/interesting dishes to cook
sad.gif

i am sooooo happy tat tis mth, my mum is ard.

Roo,
not protective la.
it is better to choose a suitable sch then to hafta switch Denise later.
i attended more then 5 kindy when i was young coz my dad's job kept transferring him.
it's no fun
sad.gif

and the older the child get, the harder for the child to adapt especially having to join a class in the mid term.

i also took a couple of mths to find a sch for Meg.

mbb2,
still teaching but very guilty cos on medical leave again. had a scare last week lor, am at 29 weeks but got bleeding and contractions, was pumped with steriods in case bb comes out pre-term. now on 2 weeks med leave to rest in bed. very scary to be in the labour ward that early. so now must guai guai stay at home.
Nat is in childcare, hee! glad i made that decision cos i see her grow up really fast.
wah wah, boosting hk's economy,you must be shopping for bb and meg. you alone in hk? when are you coming back?

afcai

i think you are too obsessed with pumping milk. how can you just visit your preemie baby one or two times only? and I read its really because the nurse ask you to go as he is not doing well! This is the first time I have heard this!!! You really don't miss him at all? don't worry for him at all?

preemies need human touch and especially their mummies' touch and voice to thrive! if you don't go and see him, how do you expect him to gain weight and grow well!

and pls stop scolding tx and say she is "abnormal". She suddenly lost all the attention from you and your mum. You should be doing your best to help her in this transition.

Maybe if I tell you that if you use the hospital pump you will get a lot more milk as it's a hospital grade pump, you will go and visit more?

tan SL

oh dear! take care my dear! you may be giving birth in TMC? i gave birth there, what kind of room are you looking at?

<font color="119911">mummies</font>,
hai...this morning, nurse updated that bb is not gd cos need some minor surgery slightly below the tummy area cos his muscles there very weak. if the surgery not carry out in future, his oragan (think liver) must struck somehting like that. but bb must be at least 1.8kg to carry out. that's what the nurse mentioned to my hubby. anyway, we will go down on sat to hear whaT DOC say.
sad sad....
sad.gif

<font color="119911">dora</font>,
mum and hubby said i'm still under confinement so better not to go out often. so the only time I visited bb is on sat. yes, of cos, i do miss him. so fast when we went to see him, he always soundly alsp.

<font color="119911">Tan SL</font>,
thks for the wishes.

<font color="119911">bloom\hwee</font>,
sometimes, she really cute but sometimes, she really make me boiled (I also at fault, easily flare up now...). sigh..... now, my boy not in gd condition also...bad news updated this mornin that bb is not gd cos need some minor surgery slightly below the tummy area cos his muscles there very weak. if the surgery not carry out in future, his oragan (think liver) must struck somehting like that. but bb must be at least 1.8kg to carry out. that's what the nurse mentioned to my hubby. anyway, we will go down on sat to hear whaT DOC say.
sad sad....
sad.gif

hai...will try to keep my cool....

<font color="119911">doggiebb</font>,
of cos, I do miss him and worry for him. hubby will update me when he return to office every morning.

not sure the hospital pump is a grade pump but it is a single pump leh...

hai...I'm also at loss what shd I do.....

afcai
so sorry to hear about your boi. It sounds serious. I do hope you will take better care of him and treat him better than the way u treated tx when she was sick last time.

like doggie and dora, I'm shocked that you do not visit your boi everyday. You are his mummy and he needs you most now. And yet all you care about is your confinement! If I were you, i would stay by his side all the time, everyday, who cares about confinement rules? He is your own flesh and blood!
You know the saying that goes something like "true friends are those who are willing to lay down their lives for you"... well, what more as a mummy, don't you put your child's health and well being above your own? Yet, once again, i can only see that you put your own needs above your child.
Saying that you worry, but not going down to see him is just "paying lip service". Talk only, no action.

I really am speechless.

I wish your boi speedy recovery. I also wish that you will treat tx better and be more patient with her. She is a very guai little girl.

afcai,
i'm am very sorry to hear that at such a tender age of 32 weeks, your boy already needs surgery. However, I am shocked almost beyond words (i say "almost" because this is an act coming from you...)that you (1)do not visit him EVERYDAY, (2) do not take care of your personal hygiene and (3) almost sound proud that you are following strict confinement 'rules'.

Just to let you know, Cadence (my 3rd bb) was born via emergency c section prematurely at 33weeks. The second day after, though my surgery wound was searingly painful and i couldn't even walk to the toilet unassisted, I went all the way down to the NICU to visit my daughter. Though i could not carry her in my arms because she was still dependent on all the equipment, I visited her as often as I could and also personally went to deliver my expressed milk to her. Subsequently when I knew that i was to be discharged and could not bring her home with me, i went to the hospital every single day to deliver milk to her and also to breastfeed her once her PD said i could.

i'm not here to show to everyone how selfless i was. i disregarded all confinement 'rules' because my premature baby's needs were above mine. premature babies need to be constantly held (if possible) and spoken to. do you know that? when put in the kangaroo hold, they feel more secure too.

today is tuesday and upon knowing that your son needs surgery, you are only going to go down on saturday. that is like 4 days away!!! where's your sense of urgency???

it seems to come across to me that your own needs and well being surpasses that of anybody.

like everyone else, i hope that your son gets better soon and hope that one fine day, you realise that your kids' needs take priority over your own.

<font color="119911">alabone</font>,
thks for the advice. will do the visit frequently now. thks for sharing yr gar's experience.

my bb only can do his surgery when his weight hit 1.8kg (which is not now). his weight only slowly increae by 30g each day (now only 1.6kg).

as for personal hygiene, wondering do all mummies here will bath daily or during confinement period? I did wipe the myself twice per day. I am pondering what 's wrong with the personal hygiene here? I still dun get it when mentioned that i dun take care of my personal hygiene.maybe u want to enlightened me. thks.

as confinement rules, maybe to ppls sound proud but I am not....with so much nagging, that's why I better follow confinement rules.

<font color="119911">bobianah</font>,
thks for the advice and reply.
I really want to go down to visit him daily but my mum kept nagging and nagging (can't have the peace) at me and yelling at tx (maybe her loud voice). I really really stress and pissed off liao at hm. when talk to hubby (maybe u dunno, he so loss when I delivered and his sis even called me to tell me that he called her to ask for advice cos everythg are unexpectedly), he also like that...speechless told me to rest as much at hm while he will go visit bb. hai....

thks, I will try and kept my temper cool with tx.if any offence, I'm here by to apologise to u any cause of the overwhelming situation (same to alabone too).

like last week, when nurse updated hubby that bb jaundice level shot up to 195 suddenly after he is off photolight the day before. we also went down to see doc. doc only mentioned dun worry and first 2 weeks, bb are like that weight loss and jaundice level not so stable one. hai......

once again, thks for sharing the experience.

doggiebb,
i am looking at the one bedder but seems like there are many different suites available there and i dunno which i should choose, got diff a not ah? my requirements are simple, nice toilet and one bed can le... hee!

afcai,
i'm sorry to hear abt your son. i hope he gets better soon. you must take care too!

Afcai

I am really sorry to hear abt your boy. Hopefully he will somehow improve and dun need the surgery.
For the confinement "rules", I bathed with hot water (from the water heater) on the very day I was discharged. I also washed my hair everyday. I did it in the afternoon, made sure all the windows outside was closed and dry my hair properly with a hair dryer. Just to share with you, I had visited a famous TCM doc from china for my long term illness before I got preggie. There was once I asked her abt the TCM views abt the confinement rules in SG. She said they only dun bathe during confinment in China if its winter. In fact, during winter, its normal for them not to bathe everyday. But for summer, all their women in confinement bathe everyday, but just make sure you don't catch a cold (all windows shut, dry your body thoroughly.) And most importantly is to wear slippers at home, the "wind" can enter very easily through your feet. I asked her abt those herbs for bathing, she said she has never ever heard abt this in China, only after she came here than she saw this. The rationale of using boiled water to bathe is that in the old days, the water from the wells are not clean and full of germs, that's why must boil before washing hands/bathing since one tends to be weaker during confinement. But now in SG, our tap water is very clean and safe.
If wiping yourself with warm water 2x a day is clean enough, why are we wasting so much water everyday to have showers? Esp in SG where its so hot and humid, there's lots of dirt, sweat and dead skin. If you dun remove them effectively, bacteria will start to grow as the sweat and dead skin provide good environment for their growth. If you start to smell, its an indication that bacteria is starting to grow. can you imagine passing these bacteria to your baby?

I think our generation is now educated and we should be able to differentiate between right and wrong, and not blindly follow everything that the previous generation says. Like food, drink longan red date tea, wearing long sleeves etc I think there's no harm in following so go ahead and do so.
Just to share with you, my maternal grandmother gave birth to 7 kids (incl a pair of twins), she had no confinement for all her pregnancies, and was working in the field within 2 weeks of giving birth. She died at a ripe age of 85 and she is healthier than me, she doesn't even have colds and cough.

I understand that you are pressurized by your mum, but you are now a mother of 2. The children are your responsibility not your mum's. If you want to spend more time with your boy, I don't think you should let your mum and hubby affect your decision on this. Besides you say that your mum keep nagging at you at home, maybe it's better for you if you are not at home during the day.

afcai

So sorry to hear about your baby! I hope also as his weight increases, he may not have to do the surgery, so heartpain to hear about tiny babies having to go through surgery!

i agree with Dora, you have to start making decisions for yourself and your babies. pls try to visit your baby more, really your presence will help him to thrive better!

tanSL

TMC has this dunno what super suite and suite. Don't bother about those. It's just a bigger room and more fancy finishings. I stayed in a one bedder both times and is quite satisfied.

Dora, doggie
don't you realise we have been saying the same old things to afcai since the last time? Nothing changes and nothing seems to get through. It's always "others" fault...no responsibility taken upon oneself.
Which is what makes me feel sad and sorry for the kids.

hwee, absence makes the heart grow fonder for ur 2 kids...

choo...wow..guess we din patronise it enuf :p

roo.. mm..tahts one thing i like abt kate's playgrp too..so far only heard the teacher talk to the kids sternly, not scolding..

btw, mommies, since we r at the topic of playgrp/cc...does anyone knows how MOE treats students studying in non MOE registered pre-schools? Cos kate's playgrp is not MOE-reg (cannot find it on MOE website), so means i have to transfer her to a MOE-reg school for K1 and 2?

mbb, *sayang*..so diffi to cook for 1A 1C ...is ur MS better?

Tan SL, u better take care!!! so u will be seeing ur gynae again after this 2 weeks? Dont think abt school liao..bb more impt..seems that alot of the mommies have premmies for no 2... agree with doggiebb abt ignoring this super suites..during H tour they show us the suite..it got living room and plasma TV and TCS actress gave birth there... too much lah...

afcai, depends on which nurse, some are more drama mama than others. Ask for the name of the illness, and do some research on ur own via internet so that its easier to understand when u talk to the doc. It will give u a better idea on the seriousness, alternatives, etc. But do note that some websites are not accurate too... human vs human, sometimes tx makes u boil, someties u make ur mother boil right? :p

alabone, how r u and ur 3 pretty/handsome kids??
happy.gif

bloom and doggiebb,
ok, so the basic one bedded rm is known as single-bedded room? k... will go for that then. thanks =)

dora, roo,
thanks for the tips on selecting preschools. i'm also quite particular that kids must look happy in sch. made is shy enuf as it is, i dun want bad teachers to put her off sch.

mbb,
i hv not seen u for a yr? when's ur edd?

bloom,
i think kindergartens r not compulsory, so it shouldn't matter if the centre is registered with moe or not. what's more impt is whether the centre can prepare kate well for primary sch.

afcai,
i'm v. sorry to hear that your boy needs to go for surgery. even if u cannot visit everyday, i'm sure u can call up the scn and request that the doctor in charge call you back to tell you what surgery they r recommending. then you can read up on the surgery beforehand.

most surgeries require the baby to reach a certain weight. like i mentioned b4, premmies tend to do better when they r constantly touched n cuddled. a way to help your boy gain weight faster is to visit him more frequently. or you can ask your hb to drop by and cuddle him while delivering milk.

dun mind me saying, as long as u hv the keys to ur house and some money to take a bus, there is very little anyone can do to stop you from going to visiting your boy. so ultimately, the decision of whether to go or not lies with whether you want to go or not.

whatever your mum is doing now, i think she does it out of love for you. she may be worried you will get overly depressed or she may be worried you will suffer in your old age. what she's doing may not be to your liking, but if she's doing out of love, then she will definitely understand that you need to step out of the house to visit your boy because you love him. it's the same with your husband. i don't know abt you, but the inability to do anything saps tremendous amts of energy out of me. who knows, you might be less frustrated if you could be with your boy.

kkh has the this room for parents whose kids are staying in the hospital. you can book the room to stay overnight if u get too tired.

<font color="119911">Dora</font>,
thks for sharing yr CL experience. gd that I can hear other CL experience (first time hearing). in fact, I already touch cold water (need to wash hands in hospital). I did use boil water or water from heater to wash my feet too. yup, I did wear bedrm slipper the moment I discharged fr hospital and bck to my hse.

<font color="119911">mummies</font>
thks mummies for the wishes.

<font color="119911">doggiebb\Och</font>
hai.... yup, I did tell hubby the issues that preemires needed a lot of touch. today, I took
a cab and visit my boy. I asked nurse about the surgery issue. the Indian nurse told me that it was common for preemies baby boy to have the weak Hernias. that 's why the nurse alarmed hubby yesterday that a surgery was required then. however, the surgery can be conducted only when the baby weight is 1.8kg.

Neverthless, the nurse told me not to worry as doctor will review it again when his weight hit 1.8kg. by then, his muscle might be developing and bb won't need to have any surgery.

<font color="119911">bloom</font>,
yup, agreed, some nurse are more drama and will tell u like very serious cases type..this is the second time which i encountered. first time, the nurse told hubby that my boy 's jaundice level so high and also not gd, doc need to see both of u etc... ai-yo, so that noon time, we went to visit my boy and see doc. the doc so relaxing and told us not to worry. preemires weight dropped and jaundice level up and down are common for the first 2 week. dun worry, yr bb is progressing well and slowly loh....

<font color="119911">Och\bloom\Dora</font>,
yup, today, just read up the Hernias issue and the surgery issue. yup, my hubby did cuddle him and talk to him during milk delivery in the morning.

yes, u are right, my mum did nag for me for my own gd, she also told me that now ok does not mean old age will be ok, later got all kind of illness if one dun do CL well etc....even before I go ML, col at office also told me do rest and eat as much 'pu' as possible during CL if not after CL no matter how hard once wanted to replenish the loss also cannot liao.

now, that's mean I need to divide my time between my boy and my health loh cos last time, did not do CL properly, that's why body weak. u see, everyone has different views on CL issue, that's why I'm afraid if I dun do CL properly, I might ended up weak body (dun want to fall sick easily) and then how to take care of my preemires later. so now, that's why hubby asked me to rest as much if possible and that's why even after my mum helped out in CL for 2.5wk, he still engage CL to come in to help out for a mth and he wanted me to rest as much as I can so that I can recharge my energy after that for my boy. u get what I mean..... that's why I needed to follow CL rules which others dun really understand why. I knew they are also voicing our for bb gd too but come on dun need to use so harsh words right....so disheartening to see that.

really appreciated yr suggestion and views.

bloom,
hi hi! my kids are ok. but eversince jared went to school, he has been getting colds/cough regularly and it spreads to nat as well and inevitably, to cadence. i try not to let them go near to cadence when they are unwell but they are just so fond of her and wants to cuddle and kiss her ever so often...

how are you and kate?

tan SL,
congrats on the pregnancy! poor you. must have been pretty scary for you to go through that. but really must rest well now lah. dont think about work at all.

mbb2,
congrats to you too! how far along are you now?

Tan SL,
do take care and rest more.
dun hafta feel quity coz you are really unwell.

Alabone,
i am 20 weeks liao.

Bloom,
bo MS nowadays
happy.gif
i juz cant eat Macdonald's.
can even kill 2 tigers (in cantonese). keee keee keee.
otherwise i will not wanna go back to HK.
the last time i have bad MS and was seated next to a man with very bad BO.
the whole flt was a torture!!!!

now, i juz travel in business class coz i am very afraid having to be stuck in the middle/window seat. u know la, my staff ticket dun allow me to choose seats
sad.gif

Afcai,
i hope that your boi will not need to go for the operation.
everyone have diff view in confinement.
i do not believe in it but i respect you/those who follow it strictly.

since you are resting at home now.
it is a good chance for you to spend more time with TX.
once her bb brother come home, you will not have much quality time with TX.
you need not hafta carry TX or take her to the playground.
juz read, sing, draw, chat or do puzzle with her.
all you need is sit next to her. can even do it on your bed.

tho i complain being bored as a temp SAHM, but i do enjoy the pass 3 mths with Meg.
i see her grow infront of me. once my #2 bb is born n i hafta resume work, such time spent with Meg will be limited.
i will treasure the time spent with her till i deliver
happy.gif

Mbb,
hi hi.. am happy to see that you are expecting no2. know the gender liao anot? i guess is BOY BOY BOY.. let me know is my guess is correct, please.

afcai,
heartpain to knw ur little boy so small nid to go thru surgery.. I guess what other mommies said are right lar. go dwn more often to touch &amp; cuddle ur body lor. if can. maybe massage ur bb so bb felt love lidat lor. Last time my bb also jaundice @ KKH need to be hospitalised for phototheraphy. i also heartpain. Hope to recv call from hosp say I can fetch bb back. But is not lor. One call came &amp; say bb jaundice is very high &amp; it was like 10+pm leh. Upon hearing that, my hb too tired to go so i drove my mom &amp; sis to accy me with my elder gal go hosp visit. SOOOO heartpain to see bb poke with needles &amp; so many dunno what on her body (basically heartbeat, bld pressure etc...). Doc also scolded me for giving bb drink plain water. wow kaoz.. i immed ask my mom stop giving. Maybe doc tends to be more paranoid than us abit oni say serious. but to play safe i think its ok lar.

I also 50-50 listen to CL rules. I knw alot of elderly say they did not do well during CL so old liao this &amp; that. my ah ma also nw aged 99 also very healthy no senile only legs no much strenght but also can walk short distance from room to toilet. also din not hv what CL lar. So i also heck care abt CL rules lar. blow fan, go hosp to &amp; fro see bb when on jaundice. also went shopping. I knw maybe u will think wait i old liao then i will knw. but who cares. I will think those pple say becos CL din do well is becos also their health deteroriate lar. Old liao leh. of cos will hv no much stranght compared to us lar. Anyway I need to break all the stupid rules of not bathing by bathing everyday (of cos with herb) then go shopping and if soooo heng, old liao realli whole body ache then i will advice my daughter to LISTEN to my Advice cos i din listen to elderly advice. hahahaha

I also understand ur anger to scream @ TX. i also do that to Selinna. I even worst. Makes me sooo pissed until I locked her outside the kitchen while i clean the kitchen. let her cry until jia liat jia liat then i opened the door.. haha. Asked me heart pain i will say no at that time cos very super angry. let her cry until super tired so easier to fall asleep lor. But of cos after that i sayang her back lar.

Then got once, she &amp; her sis dun slp. fight at my bed. I was so angry when she go scratch her sis eyes leh. kana smacked by me very seriously. my hands hardened &amp; i smacked her hard at her backside (wearing pampers) but it was too hard until it leave my fingers print on her back (spine) there. she cried &amp; i dun care abt her. after awhile she keep crying pain pain. then i took a look and faster apply zam bam on her lo.
This perhaps is jealousy lor. tx didi not back yet she knw attention is lesser liao.

Afcai

I think you're probably giving yourself too much pressure to adhere to strict confinement. In the ideal situation, you can observe strict confinement rules. But honestly, how practical is it to observe 100% of the confinement rules, I think as a mother, you would have to set your priorities. Most of the people I know don't have the luxury of having a perfect confinement even though they themselves can believe in it. Although they do regret that they can't do a proper confinement, but they don't get weighed down by all the rules.

I think this could be part of the reason why you are so impatient with TX, because you keep thinking that you should be sleeping - your priority is confinement. she should not disturb you, so you shout at her, she throw tantrums, you feel even more frustrated and the cycle continues.
I have experienced it myself, cos everytime I have telecon at 9pm and JT doesn't sleep on time, I will feel very frustrated and shout at her because I am pressurised to go do my work - my priority was the telecon. Tension became very high and she started to throw more tantrums even during day time. That was when I decided to quit my job, and I bo chup dial in late for the telecons because then my priorities changed to JT. So even if she sleeps slightly later, I didn't lose my temper, and it turns out, she only slept 5min later and the whole atmosphere in the house was a lot better.

I agree with Mbb, do spend more time with TX cos you won't have much time with her after your boy comes back. Do accept the fact that most people can't have a perfect confinement. I think most 2nd time mummy won't have a perfect confinement as you can't possible neglect the older one.
This is esp true for you who have a toddler who is at an attention seeking phase, and a premmie who needs lots of love and care from you. I think if you learn to accept this fact, you will feel a lot less stressed. Don't keep thinking that if you don't have a proper confinement, you will definitely keep falling sick. There is no such thing as confinement in the west, even Asians living in the west don't have confinement. There are a lot of women in Singapore who don't have the luxury of having a proper confinement as well. Don't stress yourself unnecessarily.

Mbb

Aiya tell me the gender lah..... dun keep me in suspense leh.....

Wah, business class to HK, very luxurious leh... your co pay one ah? Nowadays co all cut budget, last time I go Shanghai still take business class cos 5hrs entitled to business class liao... now only 6hrs and above can take business class. Luckily I quitting liao...

Back