(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

rkjk,

martin more like playing with the brush. I use finger brush when bath him during weekend. recently let him use his own brush after dinner, i brush my teeth together. however, everytime when i take away his brush, he cry heavily until his dad comes to 'handle' him. he just got a red cheek to nite. his dad 'tiak' him very hard when he scream and cry. i very sim tiah
sad.gif

Peng

Neber gv Yuheng pneumo yet har? Owen completed b4 1yr old oredy bcos I scared. At this age they tends to put things into mouth often. Dust, germs, bacteria.. all these can cause a range of different illnesses like sinusitis, ear infection, lungs infection.. etc

Starmoon

Last time Owen oso dun wanna open mouth & will bite toothbrush won't let go. So b4 I start to brush his teeth I will tell him 1st, den sing along "wo shua wo shua shua shua...wo shang shang xia xia qian qian hou hou..." to distract him. When he laughs his mouth opens big big den I quickly finish up the job... heehee

SheRhino!

waaah, sasha beats pple ah... Owen occasionally still bites pple only.

But he often pushes and sweeps things off if he doesn't need it or want. Juz realise every time he puts his fingers into his mouth I will quickly pull his hand away. Maybe he learnt from there.

Strawberry...haven give yet...will take the jab next visit to PD on the 25 feb.

Hurray...hmmm pearl powder...some mummy recommend Jin Feng Shan..now he is taking his chinese medi everyday will monitor how his recovery then...

hihi

i'll be bringing Ashley for her jabs this afternoon.. should be either chicken pox or MMR..will check which one to take first..

Here are some recent photos.
One taken during Chinese New Year and the other one taken at the playground. Nowadays she loves going to the playground... my mum sometimes bring her to the nearby library in the afternoon..aiyo..instead of taking books to read, she goes around waving and playing with the kids around..
1245354.jpg

1245355.jpg

Ashley is finally walking..but not so steady yet.. Talking a lot though..can call almost everyone at home.. can count 1-10 (alternate numbers)..name some animals like pig, chicken, dog, cat.. some basic words like open, close, hot, cold, up, down, big, small,bag, book..

now checking out playgroups.. will probably enrol her for one when she turns 18 months.

straw_berry, I tried...but the hair only grow at the back, not the front...how? don't tell me her front will be bold permenantly, like those typical doctor??? i scared leh. Wonder can use martell or brandy or not...

Peng,
Jin Feng Shan i also tried, but not as good. The so-called pearl powder is actually cordycepts pearl 'Hao Zhao Shan'. Maybe u see how the chinese med works first...not advisable to take so many things at one shot...

I still haven't tried to use tooth brush & tooth paste for Zhe Lei. Normally I used a wet cloth to clean his teeth. Last night he bite my finger n don't release. Wow, it was pain & I afraid he will bite my finger out.

Hi mummies, what type of tooth brush & tooth paste u use for yr kids? How to prevent them to swollen the paste?

Wow...u all got nice nice pic to post here...I forget to take pic during CNY leh.....don't know busy with what.......

Eileen,

I bought pigeon stage 3 for NQ n the first year toothpaste, can be swallow so I just put abit n help her to brush then let her play for a while before taken away from her as to let her familiar with the toothbrush.
happy.gif

Hurray,peng
Dun use jin feng san cos 2 yr back there was a reposts say jin feng san is no gd for kids below 4 yr olds as it will damage the liver if use long term.

Hi Eileen

You can buy the 1st Teeth Toothpaste. Much cheaper if u buy it from overseas spreee than to get it from stores in Singapore. That one can be swallowed. Aiyo..my girl after finished brushing her teeth, she'll say "mum mum" ..coz the toothpaste too tasty..she wants more..

Mummies,who bb dun like brush teeth
Last time my gal also dun like to brush her teeth but then i show her my toothbrush and brush my teeth in front of her onwards then from then on she is more relucant to brush her teeth.

Eileen
Me using stage 2 pigeon brush and first teeth toothpaste btw when buy tothpaste do make sure it flouride free so tat bb can swallow the toothpaste w/o u worrying.

Strawberry, your method of teaching Owen to use toothbrush is very funny.clipart{biggrin} I will also try this same method.

Peng, I brought Ryan for the 1st pnuemo jab last mth. Developed mild fever the next day.. Next fri bringing him for mmr, next mth another dose of the pneumo jab. Then, still hv chicken box & Hep A..

Doggymum,
aiya i nw give up on the weight liao..so long they are active,eating well..then PASS liao...

Hurray & Peng,
perhaps u wan try Hou Ning fm Eu Yan San..Each box abt $60 n can only consume for max 2x on our kids age if i did not rem wrongly

Strawberry,
ya she very hiong..a bit not happy will slap or hit on the nearest part of our body near to her...

Jene,
i saw what u wrote,i damn panick man...ashley can speak so many words alrdy...so gd....very fast its time they will talk back to us...i m facing this with my 3.5yrs kid nw!! can be fun n annoying at times...lol

i m also using avent.. mayb can use this as an excuse to let her drink fm strawcup instead
happy.gif

hi all

brought Ashley for her jabs yesterday. PD gave her the chicken pox and MMR jab together. Initially we thought she sure cry big time coz 2 jabs and PD was saying..now they will realise the pain..BUT after the PD gave her the first jab, Ashley just looked at him..and told him "Cold Cold"..haha..coz the disinfectant tissue is cold.. 2nd jab was ok too.

2 more jabs more to go..
5-in-1 booster at 17th month and Hep A at 19th month...

hello everyone...

here's some Nouvelle's latest pics taken during CNY.

First day morning of CNY
1247753.jpg

1247754.jpg

Sitting on her fav car
1247755.jpg

Wearing papa sunglasses, pose
1247756.jpg

This morning brough Zhe Lei went for his chicken pox & MMR jabs. He cried so loudly & was so angry. But just a while already forgetten & bye bye & goodbye kiss to the PD.

Now his weight is 11.5kg & I told the PD he don't drink formula milk but wants fresh milk. The PD said it is ok to give him fresh milk.

Hi sc
U can refer to the health book Pg 56, stated all the childhood immunisation schedule. The compulsory jabs for our kids after 1yr are HepB booster dose for Hep B carrier mother, MMR & 5in1 booster. The additional jabs has been taken for my Zhe Lei is pnuemo jabs, chicken pox, rotavirus (oral). He will need to take Hep A jab when 18th mths.

Jaline,
Nouvelle very cute leh, want to pinch pinch her cheeks...

Sigh, really envy all u mummies. Think by now, all bbies are already taking their 1st steps by themselves ba or even running liao... JK is really slow leh.. now still training to stand unsupported, btw he don't stand with support one.. think too lazy.. don't know when will he start walking... faint

Sherino,
Yup, the yu ren sheng one is very good. Have tried before and my gal's cough stop the next day. But its very expensive. So i only give the cheaper version around S$20 as and when she has some phlegm, without cough.

Peng,
I also bring Danessa to this playground every week. When you normally bring yuheng there?

serenemeow,
Don't worry, the elderly says its better for babies to walk late so that they will have a good and easy life next time....no need to slog.
My gal also just started walking at 14mths..

Jaline...nouvelle look so adorable carrying her bag kekeke...

Hurray...depends leh...normally sun morning after our bf or weekdays evening..but recently he dun take noon nap!! so by 7pm i put him to bed no chance to go out after dinner liao..

Who's bb is taking only 1 nap per day now? YH wakes up around 8am then abt 11am go sleep again...when he wakes up at around 1plus no more nap liao

Serene

Does many people carry JK at home? Initially for Ashley, many peopl carry her..scared she'll fall if walk..but i told them gotta let her practise..otherwise how to learn..now she finally walks.. even though not steadily ..
just gotta make sure the place he practises does not have sharp corners..

Peng,
Yuheng sleeps at 7pm!! wah..so early..i'm not even home yet.. then what time does he wake up or does he wake up for milk in the night?
Ashley wakes up around 9+, naps around 3+ until around 5pm..goes playground...eats at 6pm..last feed 10pm..then sleep..

Congrats Karin.....

Hurray,
really scared cos the PD did mention that his legs not strong when we brought him for the 12mth checkup... now everyday practice to stand lor...

Kelly,
JK does know alot of things but the don't know/don't dare to say it out loud... some whispher to himself when we are not ard.. my mum say he shy... but sometimes really buay tahan him cos think he has memorize his daily routines, so if we miss one step he will "complain".
e.g usually after bathing, my mum will bring him and comb his hair in front of the mirror. so last sunday, after i bathed him, my dad carry him to sit on the bed and comb his hair. he kept beating my dad, scratching his thighs and pointing to my sis room, meaning asking him to walk to my sis room.. then i remembered abt the step of combing his hair in front of the mirror... then he laughed when we brought him there..

Jene,
not many pple at home but yah my mum scared he fall lor.. she don't usually let him be alone by himself but now i think she oso begin to worry abt his development pace.

Peng,
JK wakes up 6am to follow us to my mum;s place, sleep ard 9am for 1.5hrs then sleep again ard 3 or 4pm then eat at 6pm then finally sleep ard 9pm by the time we reach home

Some pictures taken recently of Brandon..
1249003.jpg

He loves playing with the oranges, squeezing and throwing them on the floor. =/ there's orange juice on the floor of every home that he's visited during CNY. haha

1249004.jpg

Playing with ball

1249005.jpg

"can i have some mum mum pretty pls?"

Jaline,
Nouvelle looks like a little tai tai with the bag. so cute! hehe

Karin,
Congrats and rest well!

===Development of Brandon===
Still napping twice a day, and hell will break loose if he didn't get his 2 naps. haha Sleeps at 9pm. sometimes will sleep through and some days he wakes up once for milk. not consistent yet.
sad.gif
loves swimming, still walking all over the place, loves to climb up and down and going up and down the stairs. headache everyone says that he's one very active boy. hope to get a girl next time!

Gestures: waves bye bye in the fortune cat style, sideways wave style and the palm open & close style. hahaha, flying kiss, claps, up and down, no and shakes head (his favourite. sighs), good (index finger pointing up, same like Hayley) haha

says "dog" whenever he sees a dog, and duck, ball, boat, goat, bottle, black, car, bear, mum mum, good, star

phrases that he has said so far: pa pa ma ma mum mum and its variations (ma ma mum mum, pa pa mum mum), go there

congras to Karin....

Just an update, Karin given birth to a 3kg boy on 13th Feb via c-sect. Initially wanted to go for natural, on monday she got contraction n was 3cm dilated, admitted to hospital but after that contraction subside. On wed baby's heartbeat not very good at one point, so doc had to do c-sect...

Serene,
Dun worry too much abt JK development, each child develop differently, in no time, u will be busy chasing after him once he started to walk.

Garfield,
She is indeed serious, eager to go "gai gai", so walking very fast...

Peng,
I brought the bag for her in Japan, it's those fury type, initially she dun wanna carry, so i put some biscuits n sweets inside, she wanna carry by herself. hee hee hee

Jene...haiz...getting haggard everyday...

Stacey...YH opp...want him sleep is like hell for him manz...hyper active also...now can climb onto the bicycle himself no need my help..climb n sit on his chair..see staircase super excited will climb his own if i dun help him!! well he sees dog will only say woh woh woh woh..can reach the down button for the lift...door open immediate cheong in!!

the other day ashley was playing hide and seek with my grandma's maid..her maid really serious in hiding and not letting ashley see her when she hides behind the chair..

in the end, ashley got fed up and climb up to the chair to see her instead..now everyday gotta make sure she doesn't stay alone in front of a sofa or chair..in case she climbs up..

Hi Eileen,
Thanks, will check the health book on that.so far my son only had 6-in-1 jab and rotavirus (oral type).

Wah! Karin finally delivered, i'm still waiting for my day to come..hope today...

stacey
My Zhe Lei also use his index finger to say good, so funny!

Anyone baby likes to watch TV advertisement?
Zhe Lei loves to watch that n very familiar with all the advertisement. He will strech his arm n say "Anlene", shout "MacDonald" when he saw the ad. Hold his hand to "gong xi"n shout"orange"when he heard & saw the CNY ad.

Congrate to karin.

Wow, SC, you giving birth soon also. Must be very excited and anxious now.

Seem like all babies are developing very well.

Lucas's development

1)Napping time not fix, sometime can sleep twice sometimes only 1 but napping duration is short at most 1hr only.

2)Still drinking milk like he was 3mth old. still dislike all the solid food that i try on him. Basically he is 95% on milk, 5% on solid only.

3)Can walk quite well but still falls down once in a while.

4)He is a cartoon addict. Can sit and watch sesame street, Hi 5, Bumble Bee, Richard scarry for 1/2hr without running around.

5)Can said daddy, papa, ah mee(mean mummy), bear, cat, dog, duck, truck, bee, sister(in chinese), ah ma, pot, baby, stars, ball, bird, fish.

6)CAn perform instruction like take tissue paper, wipe your mouth, throw into rubbish bin, bathing time(he will stand outside the toilet door and wait).

The most worry part is he don't take solid well(infact he doesn't like it). Guess i have to bring him for PD checkup in march when i bring him his jab.

Hi Tiwi,
Ya, excited!! But very tired too..imagine got to take care elder 1...then now body so big...
sad.gif

My son Ian now addict to Barney...the rest not so interested.

My Ian can say few simple words only:
papa, mama, give(when he wan something), press (when he wan to press the lift button or our laptop), baby (all small toy), ball, bear, mam mam (to eat), nen nen (for milk)..and others unknown words

Ya, like to help in throw rubbish into rubbish bin, wipe mouth, tap on us to show he love us...

Ian likes that junk food like love letter...my mum and sis keep giving him during CNY
sad.gif

Drink 8 oz milk each time, take 2 times porridge per day....

I believe every kid got their different strength, so some can walk earlier, some talk earlier..i dun thnk we need to worried about it...js let them be natural..whatever we can teach, we just try our best..
happy.gif

Back