(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

Hi Doggiemummy

Congrats.
I am also expecting a Nov baby.
happy.gif
Tested positive last week and went to gynae, now in week 5.

Hi Beloved,
Congrats too. Me feeling bad today, only today. Feel giddy and nausea. Have you seen a gynae yet? Any good one to recommend?

yup seen a gynae. I guess if u search the forum, there are a few good ones tt are recc.

do u prefer a male or female gynae?

i feel tired and always yawning.

so u taking folic acid now? Me prefer male gynae. Which one u seeing? Did the gynae scan for u? So I shld quickly find one and see him?

My gynae is a female.

I went to see her last week. she said too early to scan. so going back to see her next week. Yes, am taking folic acid, she also gave me multi vit.

it'll be good to start folic acid now.

Hi gals,

I think I am in EDD early NOv/late Oct also.tested positive on Feb 12. Going to see gynae on 8 march at NUH, Dr Mary Rauff.

Anyone having morning sickness?? It's so disruptvie to work........

Hi Cherrios,

Mine also late Oct/early Nov.
happy.gif

Feb 12 u tested positive so tat means u are now at week 7/8?

have u heard bb's heartbeat?

not so much morning sickness for me YET :p

Hi beloved,

I have no idea which week I am. haha!

Nopes. haven't. My GP sent me for a scan but that was still v. early. And I postponed my gynae scan until next week due to work.

Thought I wldn't have MS but I spoke too soon because it started this week! Am not vomitting but just general nausea and fatigue, but enough to make me feel grouchy and grumpy hehe.

yr gynae will be able to tell u next week which week bb is at.
happy.gif
i believe u can hear bb's heartbeat then too! so exciting!

do u take any sour plums to curb nauseaness?

me oct mtb.
heard mary rauff from nuh have cause a mother to die during birth. duno is accident or her neglect

Hi Wei Kuan,
sounds scary!

Hi Cherrios,
Me also feel nausea. Never like this before and feels terrible. Just took a cab during lunch, wow, its so jerky and make me feel even worst.

Hi wei kuan,
deaths happen all the time in hospitals. There are alot of stories you wldn't wana know. Trust me, my hubby works at a hospital. But I have complete faith and trust in her abilities.

Hi doggy,
Me too! I feel nauseous all the time and feeling is so uncomfortable! And the worse thing is that it hits you when you least expects it. Yesterday I was fine, but today was shit.

Hi beloved,
I don't like sour plums but I find spicy food, candies help curb the sick feeling

Hi! I just tested positive on Tuesday and I think my EDD should be around 6th Nov.... so excited. This will be my 2nd pregnancy.

Hi gals,

I'm newbie here. Tested positive on 26/Feb and my gynae said that I'm expecting for 5 wks. EDD shld be around 2nd Nov...so scared and nervous coz this is my 1st pregnancy.

hi gals,

I am new to this thread
happy.gif
. I had missed my menus coming to 2 weeks time but I have not self tested yet
happy.gif
. Can anyone advise if I were to self tested positive, must I need to go to c gynae immediately? And can anyone shares who are yours gynae? Am still looking for a good ones..
Thanks

Hi Serene, I'm also in my fifth week. EDD same as yrs! any MS yet?

Hi peacegal, u should go to the gynae to get folic acid/multi vitamin if u are really pregnant. why not do the pregnancy test first?

Hi Beloved,

Thank you so much for your advise.. think I will do the test tomorrow
happy.gif
. May I know who is your gynae? Any good ones to recommend?

Hi all,
I'm considering Dr KK Ho & Dr HK Ho, anyone know them? any feedback? Btw, I have gotten my folic acid from Unity. Heard my frens said gynae has given her the same kind, so Peacegal, maybe you can buy it and start taking?

hi doggy,

is Dr KK Ho from TMC?? May I know what is the brand of the folic acid you bought from Unity?? How many mg r you taking? Am taking one from GNC named pre-natal vitamins.. and its contain 800mcg of folic acid... do you know what is the difference between mcg unit and mg unit ?What is their calculation like? Hee hee.. so sorry .. I'm so confused. Thanks

peacegal,

doggy is right, u can get folic acid from pharmacy and start taking it even if you have not taken the test.

u looking for a TMC gynae? u prefer male of female?

Hi peacegal,
I bought the one is oni 5mg. Its yellow in color and come in a box of 100 for $2.52.

Dr KK Ho should be from Mt E but heard he deliver in Mt E & Mt A.

doggy,

Thanks.. will go to the unity to take a look
happy.gif
Do you still remember the brand of the folic acid ?

So have you confirmed your gynae with Dr KK Ho?
happy.gif

Hi All,

My EDD late Oct/Early Nov too. this is my 2nd pregnancy. Glad to see so many MTB around the same period. I went to the gynae on Monday. say i'm around 5wks. She gave me a scan but can't see anything yet. think too early and ask me to go back next week. Anybody encountering the same thing?

Cherrios,

I was ex-NUH staff too.
Now i am working in SGH.

Actually she had been sue before, maybe she rich and enage a gd lawyer

Hi Beloved,
I had abit of MS but not that serioius as long as I eat something then will be fine again. Actually, I can't really eat much too. How abt you? Which gynae you go to for check up?

Hi Serene, peacegal,
welcome to this thread!

Hi peacegal,
I am using the folic acid brand called Obimin. It's got i think 1mg of folic acid. They are like kinda multivitamins anyway, so no harm starting to take the folic acid.
happy.gif

Hi Wei Kuan,
eh? she was sued? How come name not in database leh? Even if settled outa court, name will also be there leh just because someone commenced proceedings. Anyway, Dr Rauff's my doc, not yours. I think I have a better judge of her abilities. You leave me to worry as to whether she's good or not, ok?

Wah suddenly so many new faces....and all the ones i knew seems to be not around liao....oni 2 weeks plus.

Cherrios,

cool down, Wei Kuan just being concerned.

Hi I'm new to this thread. Me gg to my 5weeks. But i hv implantation bleeding (brown spotting). Gynae said its normal when i saw him last Wed. But its like gg on for 6days loew. Is it normal?

Hi Oleander, I read that we can only see the baby's heartbeat during the 6th week.

My gynae is at Thomas Woman's Clinic - Sembawang Sun Plaza - Dr Lawrence Ang. He is good. He delivered my first bb in 2004 and I am now going back to him.

My MS for my first pregnancy during the first trimester is very jialek. I have not really experienced MS not yet and I am keeping my fingers crossed :x

Hi Teobaby...

Jus saw u in here...r u preg?...CONGRATZZZ...no...I m still TTC...jus happened to c yr nick...so I pop by to say "hi"...

hi doggy and cherrios,

Thanks so much for the info. Had went to unity to buy the folic acid .. is in 5mg
happy.gif
. I am tested positive during sat and yet to visit gynae.. will do that on this fri
happy.gif

Hi Oleandor,
Me went for scan last fri, cant see anything too. Gynae ask me to go back in 2 wks' time and by then, shld be able to hear heartbeat.....

Hi Peacegal,
Must start eating every day
happy.gif

Hi All Nov MTbs, welcome
happy.gif
Me feeling giddy everyday.....its like affecting my mood very much, how abt you gals?

Hi gers

I also tested positive on 26th Feb. My EDD is 5th Nov, haha so close to doggy and joanne.

i went gyne for scan on 1st Mar. saw this small dot.. hope it will grow.. had ectopic pregnancy last aug thus went to gyne so early for scan.

doggy - 6th Nov
beloved
cherrios
weikuan
joanne - 6th Nov
serene - 2nd Nov
oleander
Pipertan
dolphine
blessed - 5th Nov

pipertan

be very careful. if need be, maybe u may wanna seek 2nd opinion.

i have seen more than 4 gyne over the last 2yrs due to various reasons - fertility evaluation, cysts & fibriods, endometrosis, ectopic pregnancy..

my conclusion is.. doc are also humans.. as long as they are humans.. will tend to make mistakes.. or draw on wrong conclusion, etc

so if ur spotting is still there for a week, maybe u wanna go see another gyne for 2nd opinion.

peacegal, doggy

i am much more lucky.. do not have MS but am hungree all the time !! my tummy also feels funny.. minor cramping now and then.. how this time round i will be oki..

anyone feels funny / tummy cramping ?

Hi gers.. wanna share more info, please fill in accordingly..

doggy - 6th Nov
beloved
cherrios
weikuan
joanne - 6th Nov
serene - 2nd Nov
oleander
Pipertan
dolphine
blessed - 5th Nov - Dr HK Ho, Mt A

Hi blessed!

thanks for collating the information! I shall update U on my due date when I scan this Wednesday.

Lucky for u, no MS. I don't really vomit but just feel nauseous alot.I seldom get hungry nowadays, which is sad because all my fav foods don't seem to tempt me anymore.
sad.gif
And on days I have cravings for certain foods, I will feel so sick after eating it for one meal that I won't touch it anymore. Soon, I shall run outa things to eat.

doggy - 6th Nov
beloved - 2nd Nov
cherrios
weikuan
joanne - 6th Nov
serene - 2nd Nov
oleander
Pipertan
dolphine
blessed - 5th Nov - Dr HK Ho, Mt A

cherrios

ya.. i am also glad that my MS has not kick in.. praying that i will not get it.. i read that 1 of the way to avoid feeling nauseous and have no appetite to eat is to take smaller amt of food but at a closer interval..

hi peacegal congrats! do take folic acid daily and drink milk for calcium.

hi all, i dun have MS either but am feeling drowsy.

hi blessed, me too have the funny feeling in tummy. at first i thought i was excited???? butterflies in stomach feeling.

Hi pipertan i had spotting during the end of 3rd week/4th week for a while abt 2 days. Gynae also said its implantation spotting and told me not to worry abt it. IF it persists more than a week, u shld seriously consult the gynae or seek 2nd opionion. Take care

Hi Blessed,
No use leh. eat, don't eat, eat large amounts, eat smaller amounts, I still feel nauseated. The only thing to keep it at bay is to eat those Fruitips candy all day.

Hi pipertan,
Agree with beloved. If spotting persists, must consult gynae immediately. It could be serious or nothing at all but you never know. Take care!
happy.gif

Hi,

Thanks thanks... I do encounter cramps these days also... especially on sat night, when I am having my dinner half way through, the cramp suddenly came...!! Wah... imagine I still need to stand up
sad.gif
The cramps took quite a while to go off... Really scare me
happy.gif

Back