(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Jenny,
Thank you, I will check it out the branch @ Raffles City
kao_happy.gif

Selina,
Very nice photo. Saw some familiar faces
kao_happy.gif

Vivian,
I saw your pictures in the yahoo group, nice picture too.

Thanks Grace,
yup the scene setter was bought from the Birthday Direct Spree organised by Selina.

Coral,
very nice name tag, can take a photo of how the real thing look like. Where did you get the banner?

Jenny,
your party is tomorrow but you working today?? wow, you very steady leh.

Selina,
you got a lot of nice pics. Does the balloons still floating in the air the next day?

mango,
think before things work out in a nasty way. Make your maid sit down with you and tell her that "rules". Make it clear to her what you expect from her and most impt, keep her mouth shut abt yr household issue. She can chit chat but not to mention household issue with your ILs. Dun wait till all sorts of nonsense come out from the mouth, wait affect the relationship with your ILs.
Political ppl are not stupid.

Jackie,
Give all the party shop a call then no need to waste yr time going there kekeke...
Hope you find the one you want. I think the shop at Great World City carries a higher chance since I saw the pooh scene setter there

freshpoison77,
I bought this Red Sun brand from Unity. It cost $90+, can't remember the exact price but just a few cents to $100. If you have NTUC Link Card, can gain the points.

Littlekid,
I've nothing to prepare mah... the most is collect cake/balloon and prepare red eggs nia. All these can only do tomorrow. Anyway the party is tomorrow issue.
BTW, did Naini call you huh?

Littlekid,
Those latex balloon can only last max 8 hrs. It sure fall down to floor the next day one.

Hee hee... now I very happy kekeke... Just came back from KKH, saw NB bb, aiyo my heart like... dunno how to say, but whenever I see NB bb, I just wanna cry kekeke...

Aiyoh so qiao leh this morning jus receive an sms from my friend. She gave birth yesterday 27th Sept. Which means her bb girl has the same birthday as DAMIEN.....hahahha
I was still thinking if she has given birth already anot n meant to call her yesterday.

But can't go n see bb leh cos got chalet today n tml.....sigh

Jenny,
Yes, I called the branch @ Raffles City and they have it but its the last piece.

During lunch time, I rush down to get it.

Now I so happy
biggrin.gif

Little Kid,

The scene setters which you ordered through Selina can it be reused?

How did you paste it? What I mean is (because I want to reuse it for next time (cheapo mum here)) if I use scotch tape and tape it will it spolit it.

<font color="0000ff">jenny, jasmine, freshpoison, littlekid, jackiejon</font> tks. but thought good to have more pictures of all caleb's lil friends.

<font color="0000ff">littlekid</font> the normal balloons fell the day after but the foil ones still surviving.

<font color="0000ff">jackiejon</font> how much i owe you + the postage? i trfs to you later. give me your account as well. tks.

doreen,
today got chalet, you haven't check in ah?

Jackie,
Great!
happy.gif
So you got it liao huh.
Little Kid said she threw away cos no matter how she pasted with double side tape, they dun stick to the wall.
I saw a mummy posted her pic before, hers very nicely done up. Jackie, if you try blu tab, scotch tape, double side tape all cannot, I suggest you go and buy 3M sticker. They can be used and removed easily without trace. Then you can keep and reuse the scene setter. The 3M sticker I'm saying is those used for the 3M hook.

Selina,
Pie Say
embarrassed.gif
have not calculate yet. No hurry at all.

Jenny,
Yes, ai yo, I hope I dont waste my money.
Thanks for the information. Will go and get the 3M hook that you mentioned.

I love the mummies here. If I dont know something, ask you gals, sure have someone got answer to my questions
happy.gif

Jackie,
You dun need to buy the 3M hooks, though they comes with the "stickers". I remembered 3M do sell the "stickers" alone, but I'm not sure how much. I love 3M hooks and sticker. No drilling at home is required, and can tahan for years.

Jackiejon,
I dun have the name. But you see this pic. This is a 3M hook + sticker. When you buy the 3M hook, it will comes in 2 or 4 pcs. I ever saw there's a packaging just selling this sticker only. But if you need the hook, then just grab this pack.
991416.jpg

Jackie, get what I mean?
The red wordings patch is the 3M sticker. It works like double side tape but much stronger and doesn't leave any trace when you remove. Easy to remove also, just pull from below till it comes off from the wall

Jenny,
Oh I see...sorry I blur sotong
embarrassed.gif

I went to search under tapes that why cannot find.

After talking to Coral, I realised that I only got the scene setters without the scene scroll. Didnt know there is a difference. Now searching for scene scroll on disney princess.

Thanks

Jackie,
what's scene scroll? Anyway the scene setter is just a pc of plastic??, the 3M hook stickers should be able to do the job. My home prints already hanged for 4 years+, still good.

Jenny,
I also just learn the difference between scene setter and scene scroll.

Scene scroll are the background while scene setter are add on.

Coral, am I right?

I have called all the party shop which Jenny has recommanded today but they dont have it
sad.gif

Jackie,
You can still use the scene setter without the scene scroll. That is what I intend to do. Scene scroll takes up a lot of wall space whereas teh scene setter is sufficient to decorate the part of the wall you want to. There is no hard and fast rules here
happy.gif

Jackiejon, you're right.The scene scrollis quite diff to put up. After Littlekid describe to me I was quite afraid I might not have time to put it upproperly, so I only bought some cartoon characters to decorate the place and lots of balloons. My bro also volunteers to be ballon man to twist balloons for the kids,but I must find time to go buy ballons...

<font color="0000ff">HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO REUBERN & ISAAC</font>

<font color="ff0000">may all your hopes and wishes come true </font>
happy.gif

992229.gif

Morning ladies...

Wow...selina...
Caleb's bday is really grand!!! cake pretty pretty....

littlekid
kennedy looks like such a big boy!!! more like a toddler oredi...

huh...dunnno why CY still looks like a bb..maybe its the hair..(or the lack of it)

mango
maids are all talkative. but be careful she doesnt sow discord between you and your family...

starz...
Ayden still soooo cheeky hor...cute boy, i love his smile...

Hi all,
Here are some pix of Able birthday taken last Sun.
I realised there are very little pix taken tat day...partly be'cos we forgot to get someone to take pixs on behalf...
I've engaged Grefio to put up 15 helium latex & 2 Mylar balloons...
At the end of the party, Able have only 1 balloon left...

King Able n his Castle
=========================
992568.jpg
992569.jpg

Chalet n Able's presents
=========================
992570.jpg
992571.jpg

<font color="0000ff">vivian</font> wow! Rhys had a wonderful party. nice pictures taken and so many posters for him.

<font color="0000ff">grace</font> nice Royal party for Able.

<font color="0000ff">lilboymum</font> tks. not that grand lah. not as what i had initially wanted but guess m too much of a perfectionist...

<font color="0000ff">HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO REUBERN, ISSAC, JASLYN!</font>

and

<font color="ff0000">HAPPY LUNAR BIRTHDAY TO CHAR, ALVIS AND my EMMA</font>

Today is Emma's chinese birthday. Decided to have a celebration tonight with both sets of grandparents in a restaurant. So last min ordered cupcakes for her cos she will still have her cake from PG on the actual day. I was joking that these cupcakes are her shou4 tao2. haha!

993271.jpg

Hi bbgrace
WOW! i love the cupcakes! v nice n its v cheery!
happy.gif
love rainbows! almost wanted tt for R's cake too.
happy.gif

Thks 4 ur blessings for R.

Grace
Able's theme is nice too! Castle! Did u order fr PG too?
happy.gif

wah lao jenny,
I read ur comments, now I'm worried. I also ordered 3kg. Is there a way to weigh the cake to make sure it's 3 kg? Best part, I dun even noe the name of the person I liased wif.

<font color="0000ff">Happy Belated Birthday to Reubern, Isaac and Able</font>

<font color="0000ff">Happy Lunar Birthday to Charlotte, Alvis and Emma</font>

Crystallized,
I know lor, I was thinking of calling you immediately cos you told me you doing my cake design, but I guessed nothing can be done and you might be busy at party. I really got a shock when I saw the cake size leh
sad.gif

Cos for me, I usually cut big slice for guests lor, dun like small small pc cos looks so miserable... but yday no choice le, got to agar agar if not not enough.

freshpoison,
I think the person you liased with is Chan Yun. She's the one taking in orders now.
You can ask them to weigh in front of you. But hor what's the use lah? I mean ok maybe the cake really weighs 3kg but it looks really very small.
I ordered Smiling Orchid 1kg cake. I think PG this 3 kg cake is only a bit slightly bigger than Smiling Orchid one leh. Let me show you Jolene's 3kg 3 tier cake (ordered last year from PG) and Jaslyn's 3kg 2 tier cake.
If you did go into yahoo group to see the Smiling Orchid cake pics I posted, that's the design I asked PG to do for the letter "1" hor. Ended see the end product, totally different thing. Will you accept this kind of job done and yet charged you $25 artistic charge? They only do the icing sugar for name and the rest of the figurines are provided by me. Anyone can put these figurines onto the cake isn't?

Jolene's 3kg 3 tier cake
993508.jpg

Jaslyn's 3kg 2 tier cake
993509.jpg

Smiling Orchid Pooh Garden Picnic. I asked PG if they can do this design on the letter "1" before I ordered. Chan Yun told me YES. Ended? Where's the design? I really regretted and should have sticked to my order with Smiling Orchid, and no need to worry abt the cake design and figurines cos Smiling Orchid provides EVERYTHING. See Jaslyn's cake, no river, put a stupid bridge there for wat??
993510.jpg

Mummies,

Just back from my chalet, so tiring!!! but glad that everything turns out just right for me. Buffet almost finish at the end of the day, PG cake finish to the last piece, agar agar nothing left. so presume it's good.
Friends & relatives commented lycee martini is very nice(maybe it's new to them) and triple layer choco so so to me. Agar agar from James, not so sweet, just nice. overall the only comment is the room too small for my 50 pax.. haha, ended up pple stand and eat lor. shall post some of the pic in yahoo group.
Another thing is not much pic taken cos during cake cutting, desiree gets very cranky liao cos not enough sleep during the day, so chop chop and get it over and done with. no pic taken with my family & friends with her cake and deco. regret now cos i love the theme so much myself.

Jenny,

Oh dear, you have a bad experience with PG this time round. yup agree that the smiling orchid cake looks nicer.

Doreen,

sorry, i was already on leave on fri, so didnt see your posting here. damien so cute and you busy on sat night with your bbq? didnt see you here leh...

PG's work for Jaslynis quite a disappointment,
I'm really worried for Char's cake next
week..But they did tellme 3kg for 40-45pax.It
depends on the type of cake,normal sponge cake
feed more, but some cake weigh heavier, so 3kg
feed less. But hope Jaslyn still had a happy
celebration! Jenny,thanksfor your well wishes.
Today I also let Char pick the items.This gal
hor, everytime anything on the florr she'll
just grab, but today she took a long time to
look at the items and look at us and kept smiling but dont want to pick. After a long time
then she decided on teh calculator. (As I've
expected, she loves laptop,so in absence of
laptop,claculator is the closest subsitute.)

Happy Birthday to Reubern and Issac too!

Crystallized, any pics to share?

I'm done with obligatory celebrations with the grandparents and uncles and aunties. Now it's just left with the actual day celebrations for our little family unit. I'm quite laid back. Just book a private room in a chinese restaurant for 2 tables and that's it. Relax, relax, sit there and eat, that's all
happy.gif
The oldies are happy with the choice of food, Emma's happy with the presents and generous ang pows
happy.gif

Crystallized,
I'm pleasantly surprised that the designs of the cupcakes turned out so cheery. This was really a last min thing and this home baker was not my initial choice.
Anyway, cupcakes are nice to look at but i'm not a fan of them. It's more a case of aesthetics over taste cos the icing is bit too sweet.
But the good thing is that no need to cut, each one just take one to eat. haha!

Jenny,
What a disappointment over the cake. Looks like i better have a word with Wei soon. It'll not do them good if they cant live up to customer's expectations.
Now i'm worried how Emma's cake will turn out.

Hi mummies, enjoy these few precious photos.(Desiree 1st birthday on 29 Sep 07 at downtown east chalet)

Agar Agar
993911.jpg

Pine Garden Cake
993912.jpg

Deco outside the unit
993913.jpg

Cake Cutting Table
993914.jpg

Cake Cutting
993915.jpg

Happy Family
993916.jpg

Selina,
my A birthday is a rojak instead of Royal theme... only synchronised item is the cake n his crown.
The rest are dinosaurs, mickey mouse... hehee...

Jrt,
It was from a cake shop in parkway...named: kyo...
The cake is a 2kg durian cake with delivery inclusive (total about $77).
Everyone commented the cake was nice and was finished within 1hr.
Think is the durian that is tempting..

Jenny,
Mine is a 2kg cake fr about 40guest.
Me more stingy cut smaller pieces so enough loh..

Delphine,
Desiree party is very nicely done with the carebear theme.....
The cake is very nice!! Can see your little Desiree is very happy leh.......

Hi GraceSong,

Thanks for your comment. I personally also like the cake very much.
happy.gif

So far pine garden have meet my expectation and their lycee martini favour is something unique and light.

Delphine,
You reminded me that blowing cake must off lights(from your pix)..
I forgot to off lightings when we lighted A's cake...

Wow..wow... more & more bbs turning 1.....

HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY to Desiree & Jeslyn!!

Jenny
can update us if Chan Yun really gets back to you as promised?
though not much help to call u after the party but see how they explain the situation.
i am starting to get 2nd thoughts abt using PG
maybe shld see how Coral's one turn out

Delphine
nice decor.
hopefully my care bear theme party will turn out fine.
how much is the agar agar? i have not placed my order yet.
so many things not done yet.

Delphine
saw the photos posted at the yahoo group
u got someone to take the photos for u?
Desiree looked really happy.
happy birthday in advance!
can wait for my party to come too
another 3 wk
keeping my fingers crossed that everything will turn out fine except now if this PG episode,dun know still will turn out fine or not

Hi babygrace,

But she is still quite petite for her age.

Yup, I like the care bear cake and the mylar balloons. could not bear to cut the cake. i think it's my care bear figurines that make it outstanding. otherwise pine garden cake is the same across.

Hi Babe_Ong,

Not really assigned 1 person to take, see who hand free then ask them to take for us lor. but really regret for not taking more photos during the cake cutting. should take with my family and friends.

Dun worry, your theme should turn out fine. have everything listed black & white.

Back