(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

hello mummies!
happy.gif

it was so nice to bump into so many of u (Brenda, Yuna, peachie, cheekz) at the isetan sale yesterday! too bad i had only 2 hrs and i was rushing to get my things and thus no time to stop and chat wif u all.
i dunno why but i found cheekz & Yuna looked alike! hahaha...

peachie!
wow! u got lotsa lotsa damages done! hehehehee... u such a gd shopper lah! kekekeke...

Yuna
did u tell buttons i bot a noodle cutter? she sms-ed me and asked me abt it... i was like??? hehe...

edksd,

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I shall try this weekend... How much peas you use???

Yuna,

If you smell burnt peas, you know it's me!!! Hehehe...

Mummies,
have emailed you for BP of Jack & Lily shoes and Educational Disc (Brainy Baby, Your Baby Can Read)

For those who did not receive it and wants to buy, can PM me. Thanks.

peachie, i agar-agar one. i didnt count how many peas leh. i just puree and store them into cubes. any extra will go into my stomach loh.

jRt

hahah....i thought i overheard you talking to the other mummies on this noodle cutter but tik i got the wrong person :p

Anyway i was curious wat is it so in the end, i grab one too...

hey gals,

i did a fathers' day card for hb on behalf of kai. oso bought him a gift.

i tried to draw as childishly as i can but i think it still doesnt look like a child's drawing somehow. <bleah>

but for the writing, i used my left hand to write and it does look childish! hehe...

i wrote until i dropped tears myself.

duno whether he read already will drop tears or not. hahaha...

me v kiasu hor but since got some free time quickly do it before i run out of time.

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Blessmom</font></font>, where u going for hols?!?

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Rexbabies & ilovebbs</font></font>, heehee ooops must be me and my blurness about the bugsy dress then!

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">E-Ling</font></font>, I met Sasha in a multi cultural gathering then she talked to me about this forum la.. she said she pai seh to return here cos feels out of place liao.. she's another super capable mum, taking care of her 4 kids without any helper!!

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Buttons</font></font>, I didn't even know both u and jRt were going to be there either! so I only informed Peachie that I was afterall coming down mahh.. But I must say, I KOW TOW to your way of prowling the shelves for stuff! so sak sak like that.. heh

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Cheekz</font></font>, u are hilarious!!!!!!!!! hahahah! must be the frenzy at the sale that made u behaved so! hahahha!! hey, even if u did call me and ask about the jeans, I wouldn't even know how to answer you cos I didn't know it was jeans that I was carrying for you in the first place!!! hahahahhah!! even if it's drug, that's it!

Ehhh, after what I saw at Robinsons that evening, I guess I was just being super worried about being squashed and steamed up at the sale like some of those aunties so I thought I better kept myself as 'light' as possible, hence the shorts, singlet, sneakers and pouch! heh.. actually I forgot one thing - water bottle! aiyo so thirsty!

BTW, my hub called to ask me if there's a CPR corner at these sale events! heehee..

You another shoe craze huh! heh.. I've never allowed Shawn to peep into my shoe cabinet before we got married, he tried to many times but I always stopped him. Then after our wedding, then he saw the forbidden storage.. heh

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Peachie</font></font>, the nihon kum is indeed ex, but it tastes real nice! just don't tell him how much they cost la..

EH! u and Yuna cheat my feelings! we were supposed to have sumptious breakkie before u girls go back to work!
sad.gif
but anyway, I had quite a feast when I went down to the supermarket
happy.gif
SAMPLING FEAST! heehee..

Just to share:
<font color="ff0000">BEBE fans - 30 to 70% Bazaar Sale On Now! If using citibank card, additional 10% discount!</font>

Brenda,

Sorry sorry.... Didn't know we would spend so much time plowing through the shelves that in the end we had to rush back!!!

Okie okie... next sale I promise to take whole day leave and we can go and munch munch!!!

Oh!!! I love Isetan supermarket's sampling feast too!!! Horrible hor??? I remember those days when I just sampled and sampled... Heheheee... Miraculous that they didn't blacklist my face....

What Bebe sale??? Where????

Thinking of popping by Isetan soon to grab some Nihon kums! Drool.... But with a WMF pot on tow, also quite troublesome... Lemme see first. Mebbe I shall leave the pot in the office cabinet.
happy.gif

Wow, sounds good!!! It's at Isetan some more!

But problem is, I do not have a Citibank card! I have boycotted Citibank for years as their service sucks (or at least as far as I remembered). So I have every card except Citibank's! Hehe... to enjoy the 10% will mean that I have to convince hubby to go... which is BAD cos he is one huge giam-gu...
sad.gif

Daviddoff coffee??? WOW! I thought Daviddoff is a brand of perfume! Hehe... din know they sell coffee... Sorry I very sua-ku....
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Brenda, Yuna, peachie, cheekz, jRt</font>,
Isetan sale sounds so good - it even includes food. *drool drool salivate after reading all ur buys- macam like teething*
I like to go but not sure if I can control. When does it end?

Hi mummies, I need advise on car seats. anyone bought car seat for their bb already? I am looking for a not so bulky/heavy one. Btw, I came across a shop at katong mall having 20% off their maxi cosi car seats.

Hi Nedlands,

It ended yesterday!!! I got there at 8.45am, and there was this long, snaky queue of people who queued from Shaw towers entrance ALL the way to Mango store and snaked back to near Shaw towers... Unbelievable.

Next sale we chio you to go!
happy.gif

Brenda,

Decided not to get the kums today.... My "aunty" is here after 8.5 months!!! No wonder I was cramping just now! There is only one word to describe this - it's a tsunami....
sad.gif

What a way to start a weekend!!!! Sob!

Hi mgoh,

I think all of us here who have a car have bought a car seat already... You should get one asap!!! It's best to buckle the baby down for safety reasons when in a car....

Can look around. Loads of places having sale right now.... I got a Britax First Class SI during Mothercare sale for $320. It is truly bulky and heavy, so may not suit your needs.

brenda... u v farni.. who ask u go join the aunties in the auntie section??? :p

peachie.. i bot the car toy from taime's warehouse... at bedok..
happy.gif

mrs sim
tried replyg ur email this aftn but sthg wrong wif email leh... eh the car seat got other colours meh!!! the salesperson said only one colour.... brown lor. i hate tt colour but since its a gd buy so i juz close my eye lah...

yuna
so wats the noodle cutter? sounds so cheem n sophtiscated equipment! hehe... where was it found?

brenda
was tt the 1st time u saw buttons at the sale? hehe... when we both go sale tog, we nvr seemed 2 finish looking at wat we wanted! haha...
i will die w/o water! haha...

nedlands
wat makes the isetan sale so hot tt its only ONE day! haha... usually every quarterly lah...
happy.gif

jRt,
er..i not sure if got other colors or not.
my mum went to buy on behalf.
come back i see if brown color..okie lor. quite nice lar. but not those exciting color - emma's red car seat. heehee
happy.gif

hi mummies. long time no post here. started new job 3wks ago. bz like crazy. cant keep track of 2 threads cos only login at nite after caleb sleeps.

anyway, here's more shopping to share. can consider for father's day.

<font color="aa00aa">THE WATCH SALE</font>
<font color="aa00aa">40%-80% off branded timepieces
from S$60. includes lifestyle as well as super high-end watches as well

25 May - 22 Jul
11am - 8pm
Raffles City</font>
sorry. i forgot the unit # but it is the unit facing british india, near Esprit side (ex-agnes b outlet, next to DBS banking centre, bakerz inn there).

<font color="0000ff">Mrs Sim</font>
I PM'd u for the shoes!

<font color="0000ff">cheekz</font>
I laugh until I fell on the floor when I read your conversation with edksd!
rofl.gif

<font color="ff0000">SALES</font>
wah you gals have so much fun! and so much loot! I haven't been to either of the sales and I feel like I'm really missing something! *sob sob*

<font color="ff6000">Happy 8th month to Jovann!</font>

<font color="ff0000">Mrs Sim</font>
Thanks for organising the calendula cream spree and I am ok with the $, pls proceed with the pruchase if the others are ok too.

<font color="ff0000">Mrs Ong</font>
Do you go to the Isetan's private sale every time? (i.e. 4 times a year) I do and my 3-digit becomes 4-digit, I should buy their shares. Anyone know if Isetan is listed?

<font color="ff0000">Buttons</font>
You got PM. BTW did you head down to the Robinson sale in the end?

<font color="ff0000">Hairband</font>
Thanks for all the compliments. There are a couple more hair bands from prettybowtique I am eyeing but I need to exercise CONTROL so I banned myself from visiting that website (for now)!

Have a great weekend!

<font color="0000ff">mrs sim + jRt</font>,
which car seat did u get in the end? i also dunno which to get. there is a britax first class ocean in robinson having 20% off the u.p $389. its in suede material. not sure if suede is hard to maintain but certainly looks better than the norm.
maxi cosi is also popular ..sigh! so many to choose.

<font color="0000ff">peaschie + jRt</font>,
huh ONE day only! ok, save some $ so not going to look. The sales is always on a weekday, kinda diff to go n take leave. i have the isetan card ( not the cc) but am i suppose to get a leaflet or something when sale happens? i thot the lady told me that when i sign up. strange

emma,
ya lor. i didnt went down to buy. my parents went and see.
they say very comfy.
so bought.
then when i placed in my SMALL car, took up 1/2 the back seat.
haha..

<font color="0000ff">CALENDULA CREAM</font>

Dear mummies,
Ordered placed with Lucky Vitamin.

Date Fri May 18 21:59:26 EDT 2007
Ship to Lay Yan VP0252981
8548 NE Alderwood Road
Portland OR 97220
US United States
(503)-736-5968
Commercial Address yes
Bill to Same
E-Mail [email protected] (emailed)
Via Standard Shipping
Payment MasterCard
Comments Please pack all items in a small box. Thank you

Name Code Qty Each Options
--------------------------------------------------------------------

California Baby Calendula 792692334555 35 7.18
Cream - 2 oz.
Subtotal 251.30
Shipping 11.11
Tax 0.00
Total 262.41

<font size="+2"><font color="ff6000">PACKAGE ARRIVED</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">WALLDECORSHOP</font>

- xena
- jamie
- alicia
- jasmine

How do you want to arrange for collection?
Postage or meet up (Bt Batok / Vivo)?
Or pass to other mummies to pass it to you?

<font color="0000ff">OLD NAVY SPREE #4</font>

- diana $1.29
- brenda $4.35
- cheekz $14.90
- doreen
- xena ($4.23)

diana, will pass it to you when i go back to guilin.
doreen, u wan to wait for the other spree to collect together?

<font color="0000ff">OLD NAVY SPREE #5</font>

- selina $19.47
- lit pony $1.94
- blessedmommy $9.58
- orange $20.57

Self-collect or postage or 'tonpang' others?

Hi Hi,

I am starting to appreciate the merits of having a wonder-maid at home! Hehe... for the first time on a weekend, I can sit down with a nice cup of tea and surf this forum!
happy.gif

Hi Emma,

Thanks for the info! Wow, Taime warehouse.... kinda far leh... Guess I will give that a miss.

So many moms got the Graco car seat from Robinsons!! I agree that it looks totally comfy and spacious.

Selina,

Watch sale??!! Raffles City some more!!! It's just below my office! I know exactly where it is. Wow, Agnes B just closed down and another tenant is now here. Maybe I shall go and look look next week and won't buy anything - my husband will simply roll his eyes if he sees this....
happy.gif

Hi dumpty,

No lah, you can always go next time! GSS is here again, so there are plenty of chances to go for sales. Sometimes it's good not to go.... My money seems to have sprouted wings each time I go to a sale. Very very cham.

Hi nedlands,

Yup, you are supposed to get the sale flyer! Maybe Isetan forgot to update your info into their database. Maybe you can give them a call?

Hi Jerene,

Yup, Isetan shares are definitely listed! In fact 2 years ago a local publication called The Edge actually listed Isetan as a good buy cos it owns the Isetan building along Scotts Road, and NOT because of the over-whelming response to its sale events.... Given properties along the Orchard Road stretch are going up in valuation and commercial land is definitely running out along Orchard Rd, The Edge concluded that those stocks with properties along the Orchard Rd stretch (such as Wheelock which owns Wheelock Place, Isetan which owns Isetan building, Bonvests which owns Liat Towers) will appreciate....

Anyway, I am not an investor of stocks (I don't even have a CDP account!!!), so I read and then archive the knowledge for small talk with friends. Ever since that article, the Isetan stock has appreciated significantly, and so any purchase at this point in time have taken into account all the revised valuations.
happy.gif

Just to share yah? Have a great weekend!

Peachie
Very informative indeed, thanks. You read The Edge? Your small talk topics must be a wide spectrum and I have a feeling I will enjoy talking with you, a lot! What other golden nuggets of info do you have?

BRENDA!!
Gossiping abt me ah? Naughty you
kao_sticktongue.gif
Sorry to have missed you for dinner the other time. How is Arianne doing? Saarah still trying to clear her phlegm so still coughing

Hi all,
I am back (wt thanks to Brenda). Not sure if you all remember me (well, E-ling does. thanks babe). Actually been reading this thread all this while. Like what I told Brenda, since I was MIA frm here after delivery, seems you all have bonded so feel 'paiseh' to intrude lah
kao_shy.gif

Anyways, hope everyone & their little ones are well & that you are all having a great w'end!

sasha,
welcome back. Yes yes i still remember you the wondermum with twins. Do tell us all about how you have been with your newborn (or now not so new anymore :)

pictures pictures, we love looking at baby pictures on this thread

hi hi!
happy.gif
Doing my morning pump so popping in for while. It's Sunday = no work!! yeah! How're all the babes? (inc. mums too lah)
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Angeline</font>, did u get my sms? Very lovely idea abt the Trinity Ring - I'm sure ur mum will love it! How long will u b in S'pore?

<font color="0000ff">sasha</font>, i remember u too!
happy.gif
I've also been MIA, coming in to read only now & then. But the mummies here hv been sweet enough to msn/sms me whenever there's anything going on - like outings!
happy.gif

Aiyo... i got lost w all the Mrs! Glad some of u changed ur nicks back!
happy.gif

Speaking of headbands, this site has some nice bows. What's interesting is tat u can customise ur order - from ribbon material & colour, to the kind of clip and even add ur daughter's name on the ribbon! Someone tried to do a spree here but no response fr the website owner yet.

http://www.osewpretty.com/catalog/

okie, me logging off. Take care everyone!
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Thank you to all the aunties who wished me Happy 8 Mths! Muaks from <font color="0000ff">Jovann</font></font>

<font color="0000ff">peachie</font> wow u are very well-read yar? and such info you can archive it so well for conversations with friends? hehehee. and you spent on a stroller AGAIN!? aiyoh.....ur hubby know oredi? did you entice him with the nihon gam before telling him?

<font color="119911">brenda and peachie</font>, yah hahha i agree brenda is armed for war when she arrived at iseten. while all of us took time from work and thus not as sportily dressed. brenda, u got see me prowling the aisle meh?? you know hor, i am not one who likes shopping before having Jovann leh. i dun window shop. if i do go to orchard, i will have a shopping list and i have in mind where to go, whats my route to minimise time etc. actually even now i do that. so for isetan same, i have a shopping list. so my "shopping" is very purposely one hahaha. very satisfied this time coz i actually conquered all 4 levels of isetan!! ngiak ngiak. peachie, i wun drag a peg perego along with me all over isetan lah! but u know i always like to put the things i THINK i want into my basket first (esp if its the last item on the shelves, so auntie right?). then as i shop i will think think whether i wanna bring this home. for 2-3 occasions so far ( i think u know), i put back some things, hehee, thus saving myself some $$. and when i shop for clothes or whatnots, if i cannot decide whether to buy, i will imagine myself buying it and walking out of the shop, or imagine myself NOT buying it and walking out of the shop. how would i feel? if i imagine myself buying it and walking out and regretting, then i know i shldn't get that piece. you know what i mean? or am i not making sense? hehehehheheh!!!!!

<font color="aa00aa">burberry</font>, errr sorry who else say wanna see the photo huh? i oredi mms to jerene, i forgot who else? so sorry!?

<font color="0000ff">jerene</font> oh yes i did went to the robinsons sale in the end coz our seminar ended early. hehee. bought 3 home wear pants for Jovann ($6.90 with 20% off), 2 Sassy plastic bibs (with tray to catch crumbs) (2 for $12.90), Buds Super Rescue lotion ($24.95 with 15% off) and Buds Baby wash for newborn and sensitive skin ($15.90 with 15% off), 2 pigeon M teats ($5.90 with 20% off) and some groceries for Jovann and myself hehehe. the cotton pants so cheap!

hi gals

something to update ..

i brought Rachel to an eye examination yesterday to check for Crossed Eyes (squint), High Degree and Lazy Eyes. The results turn out fine just that Rachel may have false squint. eheh not to worry, becos the black part of her eye is too big and as she grows bigger, her nose bridge will be higher thus revealing more white part of the eye and she will looks ok.

Anyway, this eye examination is FOC for bb < 1 yr old. go to www.optic-point.com, call them and make an appt. They will refer u to one of the outlet under PediaOptic.

During the eye examination, they will use this equipment which produces light and sound to attract the bb's attention. During this time, it is actually taking video of the bb eye's activities.

In less than 1 or 2 mins, the results are out on the computer. It shows that rachel is long sighted , think at 100 deg and 175 deg for both eyes. This is not a cause of worry cos all babies are born with a certain degree and it will decrease as they grow older. Because the differences in Rachel's both eyes degree are consider minimal, so she is quite safe from Lazy Eye. If the difference goes up to say 200 degress, then the brain will focus on the one with the lower degree and neglect the other eye, which will become lazy eye if not detected earlier.

ok.. so I guess it's best to do this eye examination and it shld be a yearly thing. They will send the full report to me soon and will also send a reminder to go for another eye examination for Rachel next year May.

enjoy the sunday !

ilovebb,
Thanks so much regards to the eye examination. Yah glad that the result turn out fine.

Mummies,
Is it that baby can eat any type of banana like Del monte? Do we need to steam it? How to see whether the banana is totally ripe? Same for papaya.
Thanks

no problem.

oh and btw, DEL MONTE bananas are a NO-NO for bb and preggies !!! My mum says this is called the "GEY JIO" and it causes cough related problems so better not to eat it.

but for other bananas, I just mash it and feed to bb. No need to steam.

ILB,
Thanx for sharing! That's so useful!
happy.gif

Oh and Buttons and PG,
thanx for sharing on baby rejecting bottle/milk. Gabe still dun like the bottle but he'll latch lor. But if I'm working he can't latch then he'll refuse to drink except in his semi-consciousness now. Let's hope is a passing phase. *keeping my fingers crossed*

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Phoebe</font></font>, Bt Batok is too far for me. I don mind posting if its not too much of a hassle for you.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Any mommies have fed their babies Kiwi yet? I am thinking of letting Adele try it.</font>

Jerene,

Can I ask how and what did you feed Alexis when you were in NZ? I am not so keen on feeding Trinity bottled food for 4 days, but also don't want to hassle my mum to bring purees down to the hotel everyday.

<font color="119911">alicia</font> i will not be feeding kiwi until JOvann is older. its too acidic for me. may cause digestive upsets. wholesome baby foods listed kiwi under fruits for 8-10mths. so i prob wait till he 10mths then feed hahahaa.

For babies being take care by parent / in-law during weekday. Now most of the babies here already started on solid right. Do you all actually buy a new cooking utensil (like cooking pot, knife, blender etc) for baby food and ask your parent / in-law to use it or they just use the existing old one?

Freezer food cube,
When I need to bring the already frozen food cube to my in-law house. Can i put in the fridge-to-go then place the food cube in my in-law's freezer. Throughout the transportation, will the food spoil due to change in temperature?

Spinach,
I saw a type of red spinach which the stem is very thin only, for these i find it difficult to remove the fibre (think not much fibre for this type?) or is it that we don't have to remove the fibre for this?

For vegetable, how do you all make sure it is wash till very clean? just soak in water for 20 mins?

<font size="+2">Sasha</font>
Welcome back. Nice to see you here again. Post your baby pics here leh. I wanna see.

Back