(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

hi bena congrats! it all depends on where u r staying, the hospital u want to go and female/male gynae...then narrow down your search fr there. there are mamy recommendation in another thread of which gynae to look for. i also got mine from the thread.

hi babydream...ur EDD also in Sept? Which gynae did you opt for?
I am thinking of Gleneagles...

hehe, i juz kapo come in to looklook. i gave birth in sept. my gynae is dr lawrence ang who delivers at tmc. i heard lisa chin from gleneargle quite gd from the thread, even my gp recommended her.

babydream, do u mind if i ask you how much in total u paid for the delivery? how much is consultation and scans throughout the whole pregnancy?

i paid 2k plus, normal delivery w/o epidural. my consultation is package, $500 which include consultation n scan, considered cheap. is this your 1st bb?

Hi bena,

I'm also a Sept MTB, just tested positive recently. I'm also looking for a gynae now.

mybabydream, this Dr Lawrence Ang seems to have quite good reviews in this forum. What do you think of him? I live very near his clinic so I am considering him right now.

Hi hi Gals!!

babydream, yeah, this is my 1st
happy.gif
your package with the doc is cheap leh...i asked ard their consultation usually about $80 and scans is another $50...so each visit about $130 already.

CLSC, have you seen yur gynae already? What are the charges like? I also considering GEH

Yup, met him last week via referral from my friend. He is knowledgeable and makes u feel at ease. My first consultation is abt $150 with vaginal scan at $60. I think its more impt u are comfortable with the gynae rather than the hospital that his clinic is situated.

CLSC, how many weeks are u now? What did u see? so exciting...
Ooh, so in total u paid ard $210 for the 1st appt. When is ur next appt? How many weeks difference?

My hubby just called up a gynae, Dr. KW Lee. his clinic is in GEH. He's recommended to us by a friend...and his assistant ask me to go only in week6, else she say too early can't see anything...i am only wk4, 6days...

eh..I think im abt 5 weeks+. My scan revealed an embryo, abt 6mm long. Going back in two weeks to check on BB's heartbeat. I agree, very exciting. ;)

hi all

Tested positive about 2 weeks ago. I think I should be about 5 weeks+ - 6 weeks. Going to see Dr Yu Su Ling, Senior Consultant - O&G in SGH next wednesday. First consultation is S$80, excluding scans & tests.

Cookie's gal - heard from my colleague that Dr Lawrence Ang is very good. Go for him if you are comfortable.

Anyone experiencing morning sickness already? I started having nausea early part of this week - very bad.... it came on and off the entire day and I don't feel like eating at all. I saw my GP on Wed and asked for pills to stop the nausea... really helps

Good luck to all Mummies to be ... Just some info... was told 2007 is actually a very good year to have a kid since its the year of the golden pig. whereas we are giving birth in the year of the fire dog.

Congrats to all Ms-T-B in this thread!
Just had my first visit with the gynae and looking at the little cashew nut and hearing the heart beat was the most amazing thing in the entire world! I'm also a Sept MTB.
Amy, I've got some nausea too. Last week was terrible for me. Husband made it worse by cooking cabbage and onions one night. After all my moaning and groaning we surfed online and found out that the number 1 AND 2 causes of bloating were... yup, cabbage and onions.
So, to all Ms-T-B out there, no cabbage and onions! Learn from my painful experience!

Joon, I read from the web that nausea & vomitting are caused by changes in the hormone. Wonder how long it will last
sad.gif

pig 2, congrats...

When is your estimated EDD? I think mine is around 1st week of Sept.

hi morning,

me is also gg to be a sept mum, but this is my 2nd pregnancy.
i guess mostly are all MTB here?

COngrats to all Sept MTBs. Can't help but to feel there's alot of Pregnant women out there..i do not have any morning sickness but am constipated for the past 2 weeks. its been horrible .. i am drinking at least 2 litres of water a day, take my fruits and vege.. go for at least 1/2 hr walk every morning... still... sigh...i hate it when i fart, it stinks!!

hi amylim
my EDD is 26th Sept. In fact I am exactly 4weeks pregnant. I tested +ve on my 11DPO. But I already having morning sickness (vomitting whole day). According to my mum, she had morning sickness very early stage of her pregancy too. So probably I was like her. And the worst is she the MS till 7th month. I cannot imagine I also like that.

Do you have backache?

bc7778
Try prune juice to help to relieve constipation.

Hi Amylim,

Thanks for the info. Yah, think I will call up to make an appointment with him soon. I'm about 7 weeks pregnant right now, thank goodness, no morning sickness yet. The GP told me to wait till I'm 8-10weeks to go for my first scan with the gynae.

pig2
better take good care of yourself. Try to see a gynae and get some nausea pills to relieve the vomitting.... Nope, I don't have any backache... u?

Hi amylim,

I'm seeing a gynae at Mt-E. Her name is Dr Kek Lee Phin. Recommended by my church mates. Have seen her when I do my pre-marital checkup. She's a very nice and patience lady.

My first appt will be on 3rd Feb. My Gp said that can only do ultrasound about 8th weeks then can detect the heartbeat of the bb.

Any idea can we drink chill milk and orange juice huh? Craving for them daily...

Got craving for coffee too.. but I know not good.. so now ta han...

hi amylim
I'll be seeing gynae next wednesday. I still can tahan the nausea. I will try not to take any medication for the 1st trimester.

MY gynae is Dr Mary Rauff from NUH.

I have some mild backache

sky, both my mum & MIL advised not to take any cold drinks. Am trying to avoid it as best as I can.

Cookie, you're so lucky - no MS! Savour it! I'm 7 weeks too.
happy.gif
My EDD is 4 Sept. I'm sure you can't wait for the scan, so exciting
happy.gif

Pig, hopefully yours will end soon. I don't vomit, but it sucks to feel queasy all day... ugh... I've found that if I sleep, I forget about the nausea. So that's what I've been doing. Sng buay doesn't help!

Amy, do the nausea pills help? Am thinking about them. At work, I'm just in a daze all day. Is it okay to take this kind of medication?

Sky, I've been craving OJ too! I just give in and drink. Heard from a friend that it's possible your body needs folic acid, which is found in OJ, hence the craving. Maybe if it's too cold, leave it out for a bit before drinking I guess.

Hello too to all mummys out there!

Oh yes, one more thing. Is anyone going to check out KK's Private Suite? Heard +ve things about it, so prob going to check it out.

hi d woof
you are still awake at 1.12am? You got to rest? You seen your GP?

I am seeing Dr Mary Rauff at NUH. Reason:
1) She is a lady gynae
2) I have pre-existing heart problem, my medical record is at NUH
3) My SIL gave birth there twice, experience good
4) I saw her for my pre-conception examination, I am very comfortable with her, she is patient and gentle.

hello pig2,
thanx for ur concern...well dunno why i cant slp after i confirmed wif the GP....maybe too worried abt the nx step..now desperately looking for a suitable gynae.......

btw, watz the charges like for u to c the gynae.....

hi dwoof
actually I can't remember how much I paid, but i think is around those private clinics charges, Dr Mary Rauff charges are higher.

you can call the clinics to check the pricing, tel 67722277

HI ladies,

Jus want to check if anyone heard anything about communal eating with family members who have hepatitis. My FIL is a carrier.. i don't know if its A, B,or C. Is it advisable to separate our food servings for fear of affecting the embryo? Since this is quite sensitive, i hope to get the right info so tat i wont offend old people. Also, i have never gone for hepatitis immunisation jab.

Hello there,
This is my first pregnancy
happy.gif
but I seems to be having problems sleeping recently. Tired yet can't sleep....

hi d woof..
well i'm in my 7wks
happy.gif

i'm seeing Dr Adrian B Woodworth from Thomson women's clinic, he got clinic at cck, sengkang n TMC.
u can sign up e package since e 1st day u see him but if u dont feel comfortable then just got to pay e relevant charges. anyway his package cost $550 regardless of how many times u see him... can be paid by 2 instalment, especially for those who r in e early trimester is better to hold e 2nd payment until e pregnancy becomes more stable.
FYI we can deduct $450 of our prenatal package from medisave upon delivery day.

hope every1 is getting fine.... cos I'm not... feeling so so tired that i got to take MC to rest a home
sad.gif

Hi MTB,

I am now in my 7th week, going to 8th week soon.
There is alot of things worried me. Previously before i conceive i actually taken antibiotics 1 month before but have confirm with my gyna that is safe cause by the time i conceive, the drug should have leave my body already. Hope it really safe.
I also having white discharge that keep me going to the toilet very often to check whether is it discharge or bleeding.
Another thing which worrying me is yesterday when i went to normal GP to buy a skin product (Differin), i known from the doctor that it is not safe to use that throughout the whole pregnancy. But i already using it before i conceived and during these 7 weeks of pregnancy. Before that i checked with skin dermatologist and she claimed that it is safe for pregnancy but now another doctor told me is unsafe. How? now i dunno who to trust and worried cause i have been using it for this 7 weeks of pregnancy. Now i also dunno whether others skin products like facial cleanser etc that i am using now is it safe or not. Do you all face these problems. Do you all know any skin product that should be avoid for pregnancy. Do you all actually check with ur gynas what skin product to avoid? Pls advise.
That day i went to Eu Ren Seng (Chinese Physician) to see doctor to get some medicine to eat for yang tai which my sister - in -law did last time. My MIL said i must go see cause is really good as previously miscarriaged for twice and only after she see the physician then sucessful in delivered a healthy baby. When i went to see the physician, she very sad that i went for virginal scan for twice cos she claimed that it is very unsafe to do any scan during this critical first 3 months as the frequency of the scan is very high and will affect the foetus in someway if the foetus is unstable. I told her i went to the gyna to do the scan because i wanna know whether baby got heart beat and the growing process but she said she got patient who went the do the virginal scan and the next day miscarriage. She also said if you discovered that your baby dun have heart beat it doesnt mean it will not have in the next few week, cos it may due to the foetus developed more slowly than normal foetus. SHe got one patient conceive twice both gyna said no heartbeat thes this time the patient came to look for her, she precribed her medicine for the first three months and asked her not to go see gyna at all for first 3 months then now in the end also sucessfully delivered a healthy baby. I going to seek her advice and not going to see my gyna until this critical 3 months is over and taking her chinese medicine to yang tai.
Hai...Overall this pregnancy only make me worrying the whole day except my sleeping time.. Aiyo!

hi ladies..

Im going to be a SEpt mum too..my 1st pregnancy. My gynae is Dr YC Goh at Thomson Plaza. He's kind of old fashioned but very experienced i guess..he says no exercise for 1st trimester! I've been doin sports for years so feeling lethargic w/o it..BUT I heard some gynae(esp the younger ones) say its ok to do light exercise. My pregnancy is normal so far..hardly any spotting, no morning sickness..Im alrd gaining some weight haha!

Im planning to fly before end of my 1st trimester..I think my gynae will flip! But I havent gone for my honeymoon yet! Im a newly wed lah..My wedding was in Nov. Pregnancy was a surprise i guess.

Tell me more about yourselves Sept MTMs pls.

Hi ladies..

Im about 8 weeks pregnant..My gynae is Dr YC Goh at Thomson Plaza. He's old fashioned but very experienced..his fees quite high also..but no choice for now it's nearest to my place.

hi E ling..ny qn is why did you do a vaginal scan? Did you hav threaten miscarriage? My gynae did a normal ultrasound scan for me at 5 weeks..of cos heartbeat cant hear yet. My advice to all MTM is not to do vaginal scan at your early weeks cos embryo still developing..jus be patient & do a normal ultrasound. About 9-10 weeks then can hear heartbeat. I also advise..try not to take chinese medication bcos of its mercury content..seeing the physician is fine but dont eat the herbs unless can confirm hav no mercury.

Hi E-Ling,

All I know is that pregnant mums should avoid using face products with Retinol. This was mentioned in the papers last week.

With regards to TCM, different people have different beliefs. For me, my mum have given me specific instructions not to eat chinese herbs now. So I have to avoid making/eating chinese herbal soup like liu wei tang etc. Red dates and gou qi zi are okay though. So it's up to you.

Actually, I think you should still continue to visit your gynae but maybe discuss your fears about the scan with the doctor. It should still be possible to track the progress of the baby without using scan as this technology was not widely used when our mums were pregnant with us. If there's anything wrong, at least the gynae has enough time to react. JMHO

Hi cookies gal

Thanks for advice on Retinol.

Hey ladies..Any advice on exercise? My gynae says no exercise till after 1st tri not even light exercise, despite my very normal pregnancy so far. Ive been doin sports for years, feeling lethargic w/o it.

Back