(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

Anyone started giving bread to baby? If yes, what type of bread can we give? If baby still toothless can eat bread? Tinkin of wat to give for yun lunch instead of porridge. I had been making potato mash for her. Anyone had any other ideas?

mrs chia

i have not given bread. I scared my rachel cannot swallow it properly. I rather wait till she can chew her food. I think giving porridge is more nutritous than giving bread as you can include a lot of food in your porridge such as fish, meat, vege ....

Mrs Chia
I hv already given bread to my victoria ... those plain white bread. She is totally toothless but she will just munch & entertains herself with the bread when we bring her to the restaurant.
biggrin.gif

<font color="0000ff">Buttons n Brenda, Thanks for the advice on Kiwi. Will feed her kiwi when she is much older then. Would not want her to end up having allergies.</font>
smile.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Sha</font>, Thanks for the compliments! Adele is also rejecting her head band now. Initially, she is ok. But now, whenever I put the head band for her, she will start to make noise. *headache* But I really love the head band. In fact, I am thinking of buying another one for her 1 year old birthday.
biggrin.gif

Cheekz
Can we still sign up for the 4:00 slot for this Sunday's Aquaducks trial? My hb always makes last min's decision.. I've been wanting to ask you for a very very long time.. now he said ok.
embarrassed.gif

anyone has good dentist to recommend? im teething too. wisdom tooth. is it a must to extract? my dentist quoted $1000+ so ex. it's extracting not implanting why so ex huh?

button, edksd,
I bought before two type of red spinach, one the stem quite thick (more fibre), the other type is the stem quite thin with the root. Both are red spinach leh.

Managed to find the pic but the spinach not red one

Thin stem
809087.jpg
thicker stem
809088.jpg

Button, brenda, nedlands,
Heehee my in-law house is only 5 mins away from my house. So i think the puree not yet thaws hor.

edksd
coz ur wisdom tooth is embedded.
so its required 'operation'

but such extract should be able to claim company insurance. last time i claimed mine.

<font color="0000ff">edksd</font>,
here's my dentist, been going to him for long time. Jeremy, Straits Dental Group -6235 4686.

<font color="119911">satu gosong</font>,
5 mins..surely wont thaw. lucky u, they stay so near.

Hi Nedlands,

I bought the bike at Blk 164, Bukit Merah Central. It is a HDB shop which is right before the Bukit Merah food centre.

As I shared with Yuna, I bought a walker from that shop for $42.... only to regret the purchase 2 hours later. I dragged that walker back to the seller and asked if I could return the item as I have not used it. He refused to grant me a refund, but asked me to exchange it for any product in the shop. Well well.... what to do? It's my own fault. I was in no position to bargain. I asked how much the push bike was, and he quoted me $50 and refused to lower the price. So in the end I got the push bike for $50. I am sure any one of you gals could get a cheaper deal than I did...

That shop has all sorts of toddler push bikes in various designs, colours, sizes... They even have tandem bikes and trishaw bikes where one toddler will cycle and the other can sit on the side and relax!!! Amazing.

Hope this helps.
happy.gif

Hi Brenda,

You can trust my husband to come up with money saving ideas like that!!! We are the exact opposites.... Yes, he works near there, so it's pretty convenient.

Hi JRT,

That's a good one!!! hehe... saving the best for GSS i mean...
happy.gif
Trust you to think of that!

<font color="ff0000">jerene and brenda</font>, persimmon is called Ang3 Sai2 in dialect. and "shi4 zi3" in chinese. hope this helps!

<font color="0000ff">peachie and yuna</font> i got the bike i got the bike i got the bike!!!! hahahahhaaaa.
happy.gif
its from the same shop that yuna got it from. in fact, my hubby knows that uncle frmo his own childhood days coz he stays near that shop. when he saw the uncle, my hubby told him last time he used to buy bicycles from him as a boy. so much time has passed and now he is buying for his son! hehehe. but hor, imagine to my "surprise" when i reached ILs plc and realised my elder niece has a similar tricycle last time! and its still in the storeroom... brrrr...but the old one noise very loud lah, not good for ears hor? hehehee. i am still glad i bought this one. thanks for the recc!
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">jRt</font></font>, I meant to say the color for the meconium la.. heh.. or is there a proper name to call that color??! 'lao orh chay sai' sek??? heh..

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Jerene</font></font>, wah u caught me there with the chinese name for persimmons! sorry I don't know, anyone else can help?

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">June aka Jayden'sMum</font></font>, I've not heard of any harm with honeydew but do know that the 'redder' ones are the more nutritious ones. I guess we just need to give in moderate amount for anything we feed our bbs..

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Chocolat</font></font>, hihi! didn't see u posting for awhile.. just saw your qns and don know if anyone has already replied you... here are mine:

<font color="0000ff">Questions:
- Can pureed food be added into porridge? (I know giving fresh is best I thgt abt this cos my caregiver aka my mil is not that enthu abt giving greens to Keane, which I dunno why)</font>
> Generally, most pureed food can be added into porridge to be consumed together. Is there a reason why it can't be?
For me, sometimes I do feed separately though. No hard and fast rule to apply for this.
Did u chat with her to find out why no greens? could it be her concerns for pesticides or chemicals? if that's the case, maybe can use organic stuff then?

<font color="0000ff">- Mrs KC, abt pureed green peas, is this to be served as a snack?</font>
> I think u might've a wrong idea of the peas that Mrs KC was refering to. These green peas that she was talking about is not those dried ones we find sold by the kar-cheeam-poo-teh man le.. It's the frozen ones sold in the frozen section of any supermarkets.
But to answer your qns, yes it can be eaten as a snack then a main entree in their solids meal time but also can be treated as a dish with any staple..

<font color="0000ff">- How to warm up frozen purees?</font>
> Steam or Microwave them.. I'd suggest to UNDERCOOK (say abt 75%) your purees a little then freeze them so that when u reheat them, they don't get OVERLY cook yah
happy.gif

Anyway, pls check your email, I'll be sending you some info..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">edksd</font></font>, from my understanding, if u go to polyclinic to get a referral, u can use your CPF-Medisave to pay for wisdom tooth dentistry and also will be cheaper if u do it at the National Dental Centre at SGH..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Buttons</font></font>, wa say, your Chinese hen hao! Thanks dear!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Mrs Chia</font></font>, I plan to give A bread when she hits 10 months, I'm not comfy with the fact about gluten intolerance - Wheat! but yes, many other mummies I know already started wheat with their bbs so if you're comfy u can go ahead.. but do watch her closely while she eats cos she might get choke with it since it's dry. And if wheat, oats and barley are no issue with u, I suggest u can also feed Yun with Oat meal, Wheat Cereal or even Mashed SWEET potatoes. What kind of ideas do u want? is it staple? if it is, then I guess it's those few lah..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Angeline</font></font>, is this Sat's gathering still confirmed? cos I might've something on, do let me know soon yah..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Yuna</font></font>, yep! I agree with your findings of the info from babycentre. That's why my A never worn any booties/shoes or even mittens, cos they need to learn to grab things so if we wrap their toes/fingies up, we are making it more difficult for them!

Brenda,

Yes yes, Swim Fest on Sat and food after :

Let's start at 11am since T usually has her mornng naps from 10 - 11 am.

- Angeline & Trinity
- Nedlands & Clare (swim only)
- Brenda , Shawn & Arianne (food only)
- buttons family ???

hi hi! i've some questions on brushing gums/teeth (in Trinity's case, it's tooth! kekek..
happy.gif
).

Anyone started brushing? I've Pigeon brand gumbrush & toothbrush. So far hv tried using the gumbrush, but quite awkward loh..., esp. when i try to reach further into the mouth. Weird to be brushing for 'someone else' other than myself!!

And when do u use toothpaste? One tooth need or not??
happy.gif
Anyone started stocking up on First Teeth Toothpaste?

thanks!
happy.gif

Xena,

Of course u can join in the 4pm slot! Its FREE!!!

See you this sunday. I will forward the mail with my h/p no.

Can't wait for it! Read in Oct thread that it was quite fun!

See you!

Ling,

Are u back from Brissy? I mailed u about the Aquaducks but the mail bounced back.

Pls email me if u need more info.

Thanks.

Mrs Wee
YES! Reporting! Sorry lah... been so busy... donno why email bounced tho... can try to send again? Coz brenda's emails get thru leh...

<font color="0000ff">brenda</font> no prob! coz i like that fruit and its quite popular with my family hehehe. my chinese good? not good enough for my dad! :p

<font color="119911">puppylove</font>, i also have the pigeon toothbrush/rubber and first teeth toothpaste. But i rem someone warned me agaisnt first teeth toothpaste recently, i forgot who is it! can someone remind me pls? what is it thats dangerous about first teeth?

<font color="aa00aa">e-ling</font>.... heng cai is referred to as chinese spinach in supermarkets. puay leng/bo cai is referred to just as spinach in supermarkets. better to use heng cai, though puay leng some ppl also use lah. i used to feed puay leng and Jovann likes it. but heard more pesticides so i stopped. PD also said heng cai better, puay leng supposedly liang... i dun have photos leh, someone has photos to show difference to e-ling?

<font color="119911">angeline</font> i am interested to join you at the pool leh. but hor, Jovann only has swimming trunks hehehe. dun have those full piece one leh. anyone knows if babies of 8mths need to wear full pc? coz i notice all let babbies wear full piece right? and i din manage to get huggies swim diapers yet!

<font color="ff0000">Can I tempt you girls?</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Great Singapore Sale</font></font>
<font color="0000ff">WISMA ATRIA SHOPPING CENTRE</font>
435 Orchard Road (Nearest MRT Station: NS22 Orchard)
Expect the best deals and great shopping rewards at Wisma Atria from 25 May to 22 July. Plus, stand to win attractive prizes, receive shopping vouchers and more!
Midnight Sale (25 & 26 May, 1 & 2 June, 29 June): Catch the Midnight Sale on 25 & 26 May, 1 & 2 June and 29 June, and enjoy additional discounts and shopping vouchers!

<font color="0000ff">TAKASHIMAYA SHOPPING CENTRE</font>
391 Orchard Road (Nearest MRT Station: NS22 Orchard)
TSC Special (25 May to 17 June): Come and enjoy discounts of up to 50% at participating outlets. What's more, every $100* same day purchase (maximum of 5 combined receipts) at Takashimaya Department Store or specialty shops and restaurants at Takashimaya Shopping Centre, will give you a chance to win attractive air tickets and vouchers. (* Terms and conditions apply.)
Toy Fair (31 May to 17 June, Takashimaya Square): Check out the new range of toys, stationery, apparel and other exciting merchandise on characters and collectibles. Look out also for special character appearances and activities at the Fair.

<font color="0000ff">PLAZA SINGAPURA</font>
68 Orchard Road (Nearest MRT Station: NS24/NE6 Dhoby Ghaut)
Enjoy discounts of up to 70% at Plaza Singapura from 25 May to 24 June. Stand to win fabulous prizes with every $50 spent, and receive a free gift when you spend $120 or more!

<font color="0000ff">THE CATHAY</font>
2 Handy Road (Nearest MRT Station: NS24/NE6 Dhoby Ghaut)
Enjoy up to 50% off at The Cathay from 25 May to 22 July. Spend $50 or more and stand to win attractive prizes in the lucky draw. Plus, receive a $10 The Cathay Shopping Voucher* when you spend $100 or more in a single or same-day accumulated receipts. (Limited to the first 300 customers.)
For more information, please check with the Customer Service Counter.
* Terms and conditions apply.

<font color="0000ff">RAFFLES CITY SHOPPING CENTRE</font>
252 North Bridge Road (Nearest MRT Station: NS25/EW13 City Hall)
Retail Therapy by Moonlight (1 June, 8pm to 12 midnight): Forget sleep, shopping hours are extended till midnight at Raffles City on 1 June! With extended shopping hours, tempting shopping deals, tantalising dining treats, i n s p i ring per for mances, entertainment for kids, free taxi rides and attractive prizes to be won, late night shopping has never been more rewarding! So make a date with us and join in the excitement.

<font color="0000ff">Singapore Arts Festival</font> Proteo Project Vertical Dance by II Posto (Italy): Marvel atthisbreathtakingly elegant performance as dancers suspend against Raffles City's facade and move in harmony to the accompaniment of 'live' music! Inspired bythetransformative powers of the Greek sea-god Proteus, it is a sitespecific work that takes its shape from its environment. Movement and music become integrated with the location, and the architecture becomes the theatrical space. II Posto's vertical dance performance has fascinated audiences around the world through its interplay with structures and places as varied as bridges, towers, lighthouses, caves and cloisters. This is one performance you won't want to miss!

<font color="0000ff">CITYLINK MALL</font>
1 Raffles Link (Nearest MRT Station: NS25/EW13 City Hall)
Enjoy up to 50% off at your favourite stores from 25 May to 1 July.
Weekly Draw (25 May to 1 July): Simply spend $50* (single or same-day combined receipts) and stand to win a SONY Cyber Shot in the weekly draws.
Gift With Purchase (25 May to 1 July): Spend $150* or more in a maximum of 3 combined same-day receipts, and redeem a $20 CityLink Mall Voucher. While stocks last.
Late Night Shopping (2 June, 7pm to 12 midnight): Simply spend $100* each at CityLink Mall and Marina Square between 7pm and 12 midnight on 2 June, and receive free $10 CityLink Mall and $10 Marina Square vouchers. (Limited to the first 200 shoppers at each mall. Valid for up to 3 combined same-day receipts per mall. Redemption is limited to 1 per shopper, on a first-come-first served basis. While stocks last. (Terms and conditions apply.)
With a minimum purchase of $50*, you'll also stand to win attractive prizes like handphones, air tickets, shopping vouchers and more!
Be among the first 250 shoppers to spend a minimum of $150* (maximum of 5 combined receipts) from 10pm onwards, and you'll get to redeem a variety of gifts such as a $10 taxi voucher, shopping vouchers and many more. (Limited to 1 redemption per shopper, on a first-come-firstserved basis.)
* Terms and conditions apply.

<font color="0000ff">MARINA SQUARE</font>
6 Raffles Boulevard (Nearest MRT Station: NS25/EW13 City Hall)
Grand Draw & Weekly Draw (25 May to 29 July): Simply spend a minimum of $50 in 3 same-day combined receipts and stand to win a Mitsubishi Colt CZC in the Grand Draw, and $1,500 worth of vouchers in the Weekly Draw. (Terms and conditions apply.)
Gift With Purchase (25 May to 29 July): Be among the first 3,000 shoppers to spend a minimum of $120 in 3 same-day combined receipts, and receive a free $10 Marina Square Gift Voucher. (Terms and conditions apply.)
PowerPuffy Palooza Battle of the Bands 'Live' Show cum Meet & Greet: Kids, get up close and personal with your favourite characters like Cartoon Network's PowerPuff Girls and Ami & Yumi (the new rising Japanese animation stars Puffy Ami Yumi) at the Central Atrium, and you can have your photos taken with them too!
Dates: 26 May to 10 June (except Mondays)
Showtimes: 1pm & 7pm (Tuesday to Thursday)
1pm, 3pm & 7pm (Friday to Sunday)

Kids Carnival Merchandise Fair (25 May to 17 June): Check out the wide array of merchandise ranging from kids apparel to stationery and toys at the Central Atrium.
Late Night Shopping (2 June, 7pm to 12 midnight): Don't miss the special offers and discounts, activities and performances, and freebies to be given away. Simply spend $100 each at CityLink Mall and Marina Square between 7pm and 12 midnight on 2 June, and receive free $10 CityLink Mall and $10 Marina Square vouchers. (Limited to the first 200 shoppers at each mall. Terms and conditions apply.)

<font color="0000ff">SUNTEC CITY MALL</font>
2 Temasek Boulevard (Nearest MRT Station: NS25/EW13 City Hall)
Shopping will be great fun at Suntec City Mall. Enjoy irresistible offers and fabulous discounts from over 300 outlets! Shop and receive movie tickets free! Take part in the lucky draw and win attractive travel vouchers. Plus, check out the weekly roadshows and special deals such as Fathers' Day dining treats and Women's Shopathon!
Late Night Shopping (26 May & 2 June, 9pm to 12 midnight): Be entertained by roving acts and lovable characters while shopping for the best bargains! Simply spend a minimum of $50 after 9pm and receive a goodie bag free!
Terms and conditions apply for all promotions.

<font color="0000ff">BUGIS STREET</font>
New Bugis Street (Nearest MRT Station: EW12 Bugis)
Enjoy fantastic discounts, lucky draws and free gifts this Great Singapore Sale, and shop till midnight during the late night shopping on 25 May and 29 June.
With 8 full weeks of great bargains from 600 concept stores, and attractive lucky draw prizes worth up to $10,000 in total, there's something for everyone! So come down to Bugis Street from 25 May to 22 July for a memorable street shopping experience.

<font color="0000ff">VIVOCITY</font>
1 HarbourFront Walk (Nearest MRT Station: NE1 HarbourFront)
At VivoCity, shopping for the best deals comes hand in hand with experiencing the World during the Great Singapore Sale.
Not to be missed are irresistible bargains from brands represented by countries on the World map. Just spend $50 for an exceptional opportunity to win a dream holiday to any city. Plus, every $100 purchase allows you to spin the globe to bring home fabulous instant-win prizes.
Be entertained by the roving performers from around the World. Or simply bring home a souvenir by picking up an authentic memento at the Italian Festival (24 May to 3 June) or Thai Fair (13 to 24 June).
So shop at VivoCity, and experience the World!

<font color="0000ff">TIONG BAHRU PLAZA, CENTURY SQUARE, WHITE SANDS & HOUGANG MALL</font>
Lucky Draw (25 May to 24 June): With every $50 purchase, get a chance to make a paper aeroplane, 'fly' it into one of the destinations, and stand to win a trip to Japan, Korea or China. Even if your plane does not land in any of the above destinations, you will get a chance to win a trip to Phuket or Langkawi. (Limited to 3 chances per shopper per day.)
Gift With Purchase (25 May to 24 June): Receive an exquisite gift for the family worth more than $20 when you spend $80 or more. While stocks last.
Crazy Sales (22 to 24 June): Check out the Crazy Sales at the atrium where you'll find bargains from as low as $5.
Terms and conditions apply.

<font color="0000ff">MARINE PARADE CENTRAL</font>
Just a 5-minute walk from the popular East Coast beach is Marine Parade a typical residential town in Singapore. Situated between Changi Airport and the city centre, it's only a 10-minute taxi ride either way, and transit passengers can easily take a taxi from the Airport to Marine Parade for a scrumptious meal of local delights at the food centre, shop for some gifts and return to the Airport, all within 90 minutes!
This Great Singapore Sale, look out for great discounts, exciting events with stage performances, games and contests, plus the chance to win attractive prizes in the Grand Draw.
Event Highlights:
IT & Electronics Fair (25 May to 3 June)
Car Road Show (7 to 10 June)
Local Products Fair (15 to 24 June)

Grand Draw: With every $20 to $50 purchase at any participating shop (qualifying amount may vary from shop to shop), you will receive 1 lucky draw coupon for a chance to win attractive prizes, including the grand prize of a Chery A168 ( 1.6L sedan).
Discounts & Special Offers:
Acu-Slim: Trial slimming treatment @ $18 (Usual: $28), plus $100 off full package upon signing up
Beauty Performance: Buy 2 beauty treatments and get 1 free (for new customers only)
Carrot Connection: Up to 20% off selected fashion watches, sunglasses and clocks
Chyn Nonya Cakes: 20% off fresh cream cakes; assorted breads @ $1 for 3
Color Bar: Hair colouring @ $35 (Usual: $55 onwards); free O2 treatment with hair cut @ $38
D'Beauty Shop: Up to 20% off skincare products and toiletries
D'Image Hair & Beauty Salon: Up to 30% off cosmetics and hair and beauty services
D'Lookz Hair Salon: 30% off hair treatments and chemical services
DermaMedic Face N Bodyline: Classic facial @ $38 (Usual: $68)
Dessert Talk: Green bean soup @ $0.50 (Usual: $1.50)
Eclat Bijoux AURORA Jewelry: 10% off selected jewellery
Estetica: Indulgence Aroma Body Massage @ $45 (Usual: $90)
Exclusive.com: Up to 50% off handphone accessories
GNC: Up to 50% off health supplements
Hair Evolution Unisex Salon: 10% off any 2nd hair service
Inno-Gin 925 Silver & Accessories: 25% off 925 silver and fashion accessories
Jin Qian Fu Beauty Nail: Full manicure and pedicure set @ $38 (Usual: $50), plus free orange juice
Kohong Health System: 10% off Foot / Shoulder & Body Massage
Marine Optical: Free multi-coated plastic lenses with every pair of spectacles made; 50% off 2nd pair of selected frames
Meisidi Shop: 15% off ladieswear
Ming Optique: Up to 50% off eyecare products
Net Resources: Up to 50% off maid packages
Pets' Station: Up to 50% off pet food and accessories
Primula Florist & Reef: 15% off plants and flowers
Prostyle Hairdressing: Hair dye @ $11 with any hair cut from $8 onwards
Retail Cart No. 8: T-shirts @ $28 for 3 (Usual: $30 for 3)
Roland Restaurant: 10% off total food bill with a minimum of $50 spent
Sam's Pet & Aquarium: Up to 15% off pets and pet products
Scissor Works: Buy a package of 5 hair services and get 1 hair service free
Soon Plus M1 Trading: Up to 15% off toys and ladies' shoes
ST Mobile: Up to 50% off handphone repairs and accessories
TAKA Jewellery: Up to 80% off diamond jewellery
Tang Shan Chinese Medical Hospital: 10% off all ready-made Chinese medicine
Unique Home Furnishings: Free gift with a minimum purchase of $250
Victory Thailand Buddhist Articles: 10% off fengshui consultation packages, plus free name analysis
Waroeng Penyet Indonesian Restaurant: 10% off main courses
Zoom Laundry & Drycleaning Centre: 30% off laundry and drycleaning services

sha,

no probs bout the aquaducks...the people i dealt with were rather nice and helpful...

i'm going back to work 11 June! counting down now and getting a little anxious....

trying to fill up the remainder of the days bonding as much as possible with baby...

See u Sunday, babe!

Hi buttons

You are back!!! glad that you like the push bike
happy.gif

It me who warned you about the the First teeth toothpaste lah. the information states, there are egg and milk derived ingredients in it lor.

Hi,

I'm one of those people who love going to the zoo...I'm wondering if any mummies here would like to make a day trip to the zoo on a WEEK DAY...maybe next week...

I should be able to get free passes for at least 8 adults (babies are free) so u can bring ur maids too with no charge....

Went there about a week ago and I had so much fun! It should take us less than 2 hours for a leisurely walk around the zoo...its mostly shaded and no MOSSIES (but we did use a mossie patch on baby)when I was there...it was a great workout for me (boy, I really needed the exercise!)

anybody keen? only on WEEK DAY, because weekend is too crowded...

Usual fee is $16 per adult, but I can get free passes...Don't worry about strollers, they rent out the lightweight Maclaren strollers...or we can just sit on the tram...its $5 for unlimited rides around the zoo....

809411.jpg

809412.jpg

Buttons,

You've got the bike too??? Good!!! I am going to get the bike out this weekend and put Clarence on it! Hope he likes it!

No probs about the recc....
happy.gif

Anyway, I just met up with an old JC schoolmate for lunch... She was griping throughout the lunch that her husband is from Catholic Primary Sch and it is an all boys' school, while she is from a neighbourhood primary school, so her 16mths' old daughter (born in Feb 2006) has no primary school to go to next time. And in the next breath, she was asking if I know of any good schools which accept donations.... She is willing to contribute up to $30K, and do whatever it takes to get a place (such as spending every weekend for the next 5 years cleaning the school's toilets)!!!

Anyway, my eyes nearly popped, and the piece of carrot cake which I was about to put into my mouth just slid back to the plate. $30K???!!! That could have fund a local university education. I have not even thought of which playschool to enrol my son, and my friend was already fretting around for a primary school. Maybe she is an outlier... or maybe the value of money has shrunken to that extent that $30K has become immaterial. Whatever it is, it is still incomprehensible.

Well well, I dun have $30K to spare like this, and even IF I do, I probably will be spending it on buying something tangible rather than buying a place for Clarence in a good primary school... And anyway, GSS IS COMING!!!! Hehe... Buttons, thanks for the post!!!

cheekz

I am going to the zoo on 31st May too ! hope my Rachel likes it ! ohh my company has free passes to the zoo too .. and they are like hotcakes !

cheekz,
so cute!!!!!!!. would love to join, but too bad, leaving on Monday alrady.

Buttons,
Waaa......... How can I go to so many places in just 2.5 days? Can someone teach me how to be "Sun Wu Kong" (chinese monkey god) and duplicate myself so I can cover more grounds.

Don't worry about the swim diapers. I am bringing a whole pack, so you can have a few pieces of mine. Can just wear the trunks and a singlet on top is you wish. You see many adults wearing T shirt on top of swimsuit at the beach too rite?

Dear Cheekz,

You going back to work? Time really flies yah? You sufferring from separation anxiety or not?
happy.gif
We can always give you some emotional support down here! Hehe...

I love those pics of Rae Ann at the zoo!!! The zoo sounds fun! But I cannot take full day leave leh.... this is a busy month. Haiz...

<font color="ff6000"><font size="+1">Truly CHEEKZ!</font></font> ME ME ME want to go zoo!!

<font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">ZOOK OUT!!! | Next Week, TBA Weekday/Time</font></font>
1) Cheekz + Rae Ann + helper?
2) Brenda + Arianne + helper

But hope the weather is not too hot like yesterday!!

Thanks ahh! *MUACKS*

peachie,
what a coincedence. There's just chat today in the SGP mummies in HK forum about schooling in HK. I just got a book to readup over lunch about the costs of internation schools and my eyes just pop out. Almost 20K SGD a year just for the school fees for pre-school / primary school. And still have to put a deposit / debenture of about another 20K SGD. This does not include the misc fees such as school bus, field trips etc....

I must either double my salary in the next 3 years or definately move back !

Wah, Angeline... I tink it's more economical for u to move back leh.... Then you can meet up with us more often and go for sales or lunch together!!! hehe... $20K a year is no joke leh.... At least my friend's is a $30K one-off investment.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Angie</font></font>, the American School in SG also $20K leh.. I think most international schools are that dear la.. prolly they think that the daddies' company will subsidize! SEE U THIS SAT then! time?

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Peachie</font></font>, eh going to Zoo is fun le.. come come come la!!

ilb,

yeah, its the company passes lah...i wouldn't go so often if i haf to pay the full price!

but 31 May is public holiday,right? i don't think i can get hold of the passes @ such a short notice unless its a WORKING day...

usually haf to book one mth in advance just to get a weekend pass...but i don't like going on weekend either lah...SO crowded, can't even find place to sit togehter on the TRAMS...

JERENE!
where are u? wanna go? u sounded interested the last time i asked u!

brenda!
Yes, its ZOOK OUT time!
let's try to find more mummies and babies! so fun!

Hi Brend dear,

Next week a-bit hard leh... though I am very very tempted to join u gals!!! My boss just asked me ytd why I am taking so many half-days (only 2 so far hor) this month when the Audit Comm paper is not even finalised. Haiz.... What to do??? Cannot go lah...
sad.gif

On a separate note, I just came up from a shopping spree from Espirit (Raffles City) during lunch! I bought 4 tops (one of which is a beautiful embroidered top at $7 for my maid's 20mth old daughter at 70% off) for $42.05!!! Very therapeutic.... Hehe.

You gals interested in Espirit stuff??? Got good lobang for you... Basically Espirit is having 50% off STOREWIDE (which means EVERYTHING hor) for all Espirit staff's friends and relatives from now till 24 May at the Espirit Habourfront store ONLY. Just quote the name LEE and say that you are LEE's relative and have been invited to come down.

To reach the store, you can take the North East line to Habourfront station, and exit from the Habourfront Shopping Centre exit. At the exit, if you look across, you will see Espirit beside Breadtalk.

Here's another reason to shop!!! Hehe... Me going down after work today.
happy.gif
Pretty near my mom's place at Bt Merah.

Hi hi girls... What a conincidence!
We just went to the zoo this morning and got ourselves the Friends of the Zoo card, as it is $135 (got 10% discount due to Ikea card) for one year unlimited zoo entry for 2 adults and 3 kids but since we have only one kid, the lady said will extend to our helper OR 1 set of grandparents.

We had a great time watching the 2 polar bears get fed and a wild life show where they actually 'hid' phytons and what-not amongst the audience! Weather was warm but breezy so it was real nice, unfortunately had to leave abt 11+am (have not even covered 1/4 of the zoo!) as it started to pour...

Love to join you guys for the zoo but next week is tough, me moving house leh...btw <font color="ff0000">Cheekz</font>, where is the swing that Rae Ann was seating on? Didnt see that??

The sale info, <font color="ff0000">Buttons</font>, will seriously affect the relationship betw spouses. Oh and you miss out the MPH Book Sale and Food Fair at Expo next week.
happy.gif

Thanks for the dialect and Mandarin version of persimmons. As Brenda mentioned, your Chinese is indeed fei chang hao!

ZOOK OUT

Not restricted to next week. Can be the week after too! As long as its a week day! The faster confirmed the better! I need to book the passes in advance!

After that, we can all PIG OUT at the Ben and Jerry's there!

Jerene,
The swing was @ the children's PLAYLAND! Its where they haf all the WATER play and where KFC is.

Rae Ann really loves the swing! We even caught it on video...she was so exhilarated...its a baby swing and small enough to put her in safely...

Hi....

Did anybody has the massage lady that I saw so many good reviews about, Mona contact details?

What is her rate?

Thank you!

Can you pm me?

peachie!

haf u read any of the "shopaholic" books by sophie kinsella? I read all in that series, so funny! U remind me of becky bloomwood!

yeah, me going back to work soon! bankrupt liao, need to earn my keep!

my GRAND plan is to come home every lunch hour to B-feed and check on baby and maid...

will do this till baby is 1 year old and then send baby to my MIL's place in Bedok...

Can't send them over now coz I still need to B-feed rae ann till she's at least 1 year old and my work place is nearer to my place than MIL's place...after that, i plan to wean her off breast and try to get her to take FM or worse case, drink FRESH MILK....

so still need to tahan another 3 mths to wean off B-feeding...

<font color="119911">cheekz</font>,
<font size="+2">ZOOK OUT </font>*trying my luck here* - <font size="-2">can it be this week? thurs or friday.
happy.gif
</font>
sorry kinda last min to ask of u so if cannot then no worries. i am on leave these two days, not sure what to do and zoo outing sounds like fun.

<font color="ff0000">Cheek</font>
I was there leh, but must have missed it! So much for perfect eyesight, cant see the big things! Shld demand some sort of refund from my eye doctor...

Talking abt breastfeeding, I am down to like 2 or 3 times a day latch on, so shld be able to fully stop come June. When are you starting work again?

<font color="0000ff">cheekz</font>, actually i was just telling hubby that i wanna bring our boy to the zoo leH! hehehee.. so ciao. I am ON. but hor but hor...errr...if weekday can dun this week can? both hubby and I very busy leh. maybe next week? also dunno hubby free a not leh.... but count me in lah! i try my best!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">jerene</font>, no prob! pls buy brenda 4 dozens of those haha. oh MPH sale? where where where??? me usually tune off anything with the word "expo" coz simply too far for me hehehehe!

<font color="0000ff">peachie</font> my goodness u ARE a shopping queen!

Hi Cheekz,

Hehe, I din read any of the shopaholic books!!!
happy.gif
But I am sure I am a shopaholic! I can buy even when I am extremely broke! I am definitely keeping fingers crossed that this is not genetic. And of all things, this shopaholic works at Raffles City Tower, which is right on top of Raffles City Shopping Centre! Bad bad bad.... No wonder my money disappears doubly fast!

Hey hey, you trying to wean ah? 3 weeks kinda short notice leh... You managed to get Rae Ann to feed from a bottle yet?

You are an amazing mom!!! Rushing home everyday to bf! Wow, how u gonna find time to makan?

<font color="0000ff">BFdg. anyone still pumping twice in office huh? Am i the only one? i seriously considering 1 pump but have not the guts to drop one pump yet! HELP!!! i latch on morning and night. pumped twice at work. and once in the morning and b4 sleep.</font>

yuna, ive the first teeth too. i read it has milk enyzemes but i didnt c thw word egg leh. or does it has another chemical name? i duno wats milk enyzemes, is it bad for our bb?

Back