(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

eling,
i don't apply anything on DN specially for making him smell nice. and DN does smell a little funky at the end of the day... pheww... he has lost the baby smell...
sad.gif
i only use calendula cream for his eczema for now.

<u>Qn for Mummies</u>
Do ur bbs have sweaty palms or feet? coz i noticed that DN's palms and feet get sweaty on hot days. just wondering if this is normal? geez, i sure hope it's not that condition where one's hands and feet sweat a lot!
uhoh.gif

hey gals, u all have not ans my qns on latching/expressing milk during CNY ?
sad.gif

Joon

prob u want to ask ur PD on DN's condition ? or is it his saliva ? ehhe

i know from my MIL that there is chinese herbs to cure sweaty palms. and guys can get exemption to some duties for sweaty palms during NS.

ilovebabies, erm... latching on CNY. I cannot think of any idea except latch on during the visitng, i will dun care just ask for a room to latch on, think they will understand. Sure cannot bring expressed milk out for baby to drink if not you will sure engorge as i think you should be out for visiting the whole day right. Another way is to latch on in the car. Hopeing no one walk pass your car and see you there latching during CNY. hehe

I love BB smell and looked forward to smelling my BB all the long. Alas, my gal never had any BB smell and I wonder why? She may smell of the bath lotion / shampoo or body lotion after her bath, but after an hour or 2 it will go away. She also sweats alot at her head. After her feed her hair is pratically wet. At times I have to feed her infront of a fan.

Could BB smell be from FM or J&amp;J baby powder? Cos there was this day I applied some J&amp;J baby powder and suddenly she had this BB smell.

ilovebabies,
ya, i'll have to remember to ask PD when i see him end of this month. if he does have it (hope not! hope not! hope not!) then i guess NS duties exemption will be a good thing. every cloud has a silver lining eh?

abt the CNY latching/expressing, u could escape to the car to latch rachel on, i suppose. i think that's still better than pumping, which can be more troublesome, don't u think? with all that visiting, u don't want to carry so many bottles, ice packs, cooler bag, pump, etc etc etc around too.

<font color="ff0000">CNY is coming! YEAH!</font>
Finally, my hb and I can collect ang pow (for DN) and recover losses!!!!! pity we don't have twins huh? then can recover losses twice as fast!!! hahahaha...

FTWM, i also apply powder and babies n cream lotion but i think after one or two hrs, the nice smell gone. And she can smell stinky from sweat. My sister in law even ask me y Amabel no baby smell.

joon, i also gotten calendula cream. Can apply baby whole face if there is no any condition like eczema or cut or rashes? Will it too oily to apply on face scare later my girl got oil seed. haha

Same for Gabriel, he perspire a lot and definitely no baby smell whatsoever.

I'm intending to ask for a room to latch (if there's not alot of visitors) or latch in the car during the journey. But of course, there'll be people who'll ask me to bring FM instead.
sad.gif

Yeah joon, I'm also waiting to recover my losses this year!

SIMILAC STAGE 1

hihi..

Sorry to intrude, I am from the June Thread, My fren got a tin of similac stage 1 wanna sell.. at $28 cos she switching her gal to enfalac..

Anyone interested please PM me ok.. Thanks

Have a good weekend

can any kind mummies help me to find this out from SGP PD.

Trinity took her first 6 in 1, peumo (don't know spelling) &amp; rotavirus on 7 of Nov. I think the 2nd jab is due soon.

The HK clinics are telling me that the 2nd jap will only be for 5 in 1 (cos, don't need HepB this time)and only the 3rd jab will be 6 in 1 again.

Also, when should the 2nd peumo and rotavirus jabs be taken? 4th month or 6th month?

Many many thanks in advance

Angeline

the info is right on 5-in-1.
2nd pneumoccocal can be taken 2 mths later. The 3rd jab is when bb turns 1 yr old. As for rota virus, the 2nd dosage to be taken 2 mths later too.

angeline, about the pneumococcal, it depends on when u start 1st jab. if u start after 6 mths, then u take 7,9, 12 mths (booster). if u start before 6 mths, like us started at 3.5mths, then will take 4 jabs in total, the last is booster at 12mths. if i not wrong lah. as for interval between each, think my 2nd one is 2mths later?

ilovebabies , daisybuttons,
sorry I'm a little blur. so pneumococcal &amp; rotavirus should take 2 mths after 1st pneimo &amp; rota, or 2 mths after the 2nd 5-in-1?

Trinity took the 1st 6-in-1, pneumo &amp; rota all on the same day on the 7/Nov when she was 7 weeks old.

ilovebabies,
so should be 2 mths from the 1st dose of pneumo &amp; rota rite?
that means that can take the 2nd dose of 5-in-1, pneomo &amp; rota all at the same time (planning for next week), as she took their 1st dose all together 2 months ago.

sorry for the trouble. just wanted to be clear.

Hi Joon,

Thanks for posting the information on the Ergo baby carrier! It really is very helpful.
happy.gif
Where did you buy the Ergo carrier, and how much is it?

Hi moms,

Have a question to ask here. Are all your babies still sleeping with you (ie in your bed or in a separate crib beside your bed) or in a separate room?

Baby Clarence sleeps in his crib beside our bed right now. We are thinking of moving his crib to his nursery once he reaches 6 months, but not sure how to go about doing so, and if sleeping in a separate room will be better for him and for us... Anyone here who has done it, or plan to do it? If yes, can share? Thanks!

On the issue of bringing the baby to a playgroup or joining infant programs such as KM and GymB, I am also interested to do so. But asked the PD last week when I was there for the 5-in-1 jab, and my PD advised against joining any playgroup or classes before baby turns 1 and before having the pneumococcal vaccination. His exact words were - please do your baby a favour. Below 1 year is best for baby to stay at home, play with him yourself and let him listen to music. If you want to bring him out, then bring him to parks etc where he can interact with nature. Babies tend to be very vulnerable to viruses, and bringing them to such programs will expose them to more viruses from other babies as well. So please don't send him to any daycare, or playgroup, or infant classes unless absolutely necessary.

His advice left me in a dilemma. On one hand my PD is a neonatologist who had many years of experience at KKH. On the other hand many babies are joining playgroups and classes, and the moms have positive comments. Did anyone of your PD advised the same thing as well? Or has any baby here been vaccinated against Pneumoccocal yet (I think it's the Prevnar vaccination)? According to my PD, he does not recommend vaccinating below 1 year cos he said it may not be effective... I am not sure about this as well...
sad.gif

peachie,
no prob abt the info
happy.gif
i'll pm u the place where i got my carrier from. won't put it here coz i told everyone b4 that she dropped my bb when she was helping me change his diaper! (don't worry, it wasn't a big drop and DN is fine!)

hmmm... it's interesting to hear that ur PD is so "reserved" abt vaccinations! initially, my hb and i didn't want to vaccinate DN too, but our PD assured us it was safe.

i guess when it comes to parenting there will ALWAYS be different schools of thought. some say, cooping ur children up is not going help coz the more u expose them to the outside, the stronger they become coz their bodies get a chance to deal with all the germs/viruses etc. then u also have those (like ur PD) who prefer to err on the side of caution.

my motto is : take the best of both worlds and discard the rest!

so i bring DN out on weekends, but keep him home on weekdays. i gave him all the compulsory jabs, but will wait for him to grow older then give him the "extra" ones. i let him join a playgroup, but now we're taking a break while i look for another one to join.

it's abt finding middle ground, i guess, and ultimately, u gotta be comfortable with all the decisions u make as a parent!

sorry for being so long-winded!

77 | Well for me, as long as it's legitimate and not illegal (like locking your child in a room heh.. I just knew!, I'll do it for enrichment sake.

However I wouldn't brush off what your PD has advised. The advice he gave is sound yet conservative, therefore I second how Joon had diagnosed this, take the BEST of BOTH worlds!

joon | Is DN's hand/feet really wet like got water or just feeling cold? My Arianne ones feel cold after she 'exercise' but I know she's definitely feeling hot.

Sweet Smelling bbs | The laundry detergent (I favor Kodomo's) used to wash bb's clothes play an important role in contributing nice smell on bbs too, oh and lots of sun sure help!

joon / daisybuttons / crystallised | I've already spoken to GymB and proposed to them the PTE session as well as the discount, they'll get back to me by tomorrow and once they do that, I'll text you girls on your mobile.

And Daisybuttons, Pls PM me yours and crystallised real names, can't tell them 'mummy daisybuttons' and 'mummy crystallised' are coming ya? heh..

<font color="ff0000">Any other mummies can make it this Sunday for Gymboree @3pm? Please let me know by 3pm tomorrow, Sat.</font>

joon
when u put DN in the ergo, do u spread his legs apart or let him sit with both his legs together, lying to 1 side? i hope u know wat i'm trying to describe :p

i love the ergo very much cos its so much more convenient than a stroller which u still hv to carry around n its so heavy! but a stroller is gd for when u go out to makan then u can put ur bb in it n dun hv to carry all the time. so i guess it depends on where and wat u r planning to do for the day then u can decide whether the carrier or stroller is better
happy.gif
like y'day when we brought ethan for his vacc, we took the ergo cos we knew it was gonna be a short trip so we can carry him all the way

ilovebabies
how long was rachel on nursing strike for? did u still try to latch her everyday or u wait a few days then try again? ethan still very upset when i try to latch him. feel like giving up completely. like u said, feel very sad when they reject our breast lor
sad.gif

edksd
the link that joon gave u for the rental of the ergo carriers - that's the lady tat i bought my ergo fr. no discount tho cos mine wasnt thro a BP. but i think if u can organise a min no. of order she is able to give u discount

michelle,
i like ethan's new stroller!! it looks really comfy, esp the headrest. and 4.5kg??? WONDERFUL! my monster of a pram weighs 11kg! wah piang! ethan still on nursing strike??? oh no! how come ah? but other than the feeding, he's happy and contented overall??

abt the ergo, i know what u mean abt the seating positions
happy.gif
and DN sits in it with his legs apart. i thought of putting him in sideways, but am so worried he'll slip out coz i don't trust myself.

mommies.. apart from the freezer cubes.. do u think we can use the glass jars to get from those off the shelve jar food to store the pureed stuff???

another qn.. those using the avent via cups, do u realli discard them after using them for 4 times??? seems like such a waste to me....

anyways.. havent uploaded enzo's pict here in a loooong while.. hehe.. here's my lil enzo..
happy.gif

648121.jpg

joon
the headrest is bought separately one lah ;) last time we were oso contemplating getting smthg like quinny, stokke, etc... but figured it'd be too heavy to bring around! esp since we dun even hv a car :p but the stokke construction is so much sturdier n of better qlty - tats y it weighs a tonne. its very much more durable too!

E is fine apart fr refusing to nurse. he is happy, plays well, feeds well fr the bottle... so i guess its just my breast! think he doesnt like the fact tat he has to work extra hard to get the milk, cos fr bottle it comes straight as soon as he sucks, whereas wif the breast he gotta suck like 10sec or so b4 the 1st letdown comes. guess i'll just try 1 more wk n if he still doesnt like to nurse then i will stop trying. no pt making both of us so stressed rite?!

will try to use the ergo w/o the insert
happy.gif

Brenda
u so funnie! yah lah, will ask daisybuttons to text u my name.
happy.gif
the session is chg to nxt sun rite? i cant make it as i got dinner and i dun wanna rush up and down leh. anyway u mummies not gg 4 1 session only rite? i will try to join u 4 the nxt one then.

michelle
same like u, i am not sure if my boy has now gotten used to EBM and now refuses to latch. juz brought him back this aftn and i tried latching him, he was crying hysterically. my hb kept saying he prob dun wanna latch on anymore aft gotten used to EBM. i am so sad.
sad.gif
it shldnt b coz i hv latched him on for 3 mths b4 gg back to work and even aft i gone back to work, i still latch him at least once a day. sigh

hellooooo enzo &amp; reubern! what are u 2 laughing at? hee hee hee...

peachie,
hmm... ur acct doesn't allow PMs. oh well! i'll just say it here then! i got mine from mummysmilk.com usual price is $168 but coz i did the BP, bargained down to $134.20

michelle,
yeah, u're right, i think he doesn't wanna work so hard! (don't we all? huh!) ya la, give it another wk, u're right, no point both of u getting stressed out
happy.gif
so did u try the ergo w/o the insert? my mom used it with DN today and he was in it for abt 1.5 hrs, 1 hr of which he was sleeping away!! DN really likes it.
happy.gif
(phew, $$ not wasted!)

brenda,
thanx for organising
happy.gif
much appreciated! so it's next Sun, 21 jan then? abt the sweaty palms / feet, DN's are cold, but clammy at the same time. like he's just dunked them in water and didn't wipe them dry. u know what i mean? is this normal?????

hey ladies,
anyone already notice your bb's got tooth growing out???
I noticed a little white root of tooth on surface of keira's gum today!!!!! she has been drooling, licking and sucking her fingers for past few weeks...and we did notice some white colour stuff inside her gum (a little see-thru) .. and today.. realy saw something on her gum surface... I wonder if this is really her tooth??????????? seems like!!!???!!!

joon
ethan's hands oso get clammy sometimes - like i can literally wipe it wif a tissue n it is damp! i asked the PD about it n he said cant do much unless surgery. definitely too extreme for me! so just let it be lor. so long as he doesnt show any other 'odd' signs it shd be ok.

crystallised
yeah.. its sad when they dun wanna latch rite? i know how u feel
sad.gif
but i think u shd just continue trying for at least 1 wk n if he still behaves like dat then dun force him. but really hope he can latch again then u can still continue to enjoy tat special bond
happy.gif
babies r so smart nowadays... think they might hv gotten so used to the flow fr the bottle that they no longer desire our boobs!

Joon
on sweaty palms and feet, R has them too. actually my hb was the one whom noticed it but its more like damp, not really like wat u described on DN's hvg dunked them in water n dripping wet...

michelle
the tee shirt was a gift fr my sis... fr mothercare... the socks gift fr my cousin... think its fr zara... it was actually 4 his son but aft she washed it, it became smaller! actually i wore this socks 4 him b4 and mayb coz the outfit dun match, he looked so goondu! luckily matched this outfit!!
lol.gif

haha yeah the socks definitely match the outfit now! very nice.. mebbe cos i like stripes hee hee

ethan got lots of socks oredi tho. all gifts. i dun hv a chance to buy any for him myself!

michelle
he juz suddenly went on a strike leh! so funny coz i latch him on daily, even on wkdays when he is at my mum's plc.
sad.gif
i managed to latch him juz now but he was crying and i forced his head to stay there (i noe i shldnt do tt). he relented aft a while and then was suckling till he fell asleep in less than 3 mins. but at least he is suckling (though not as active)... i hope it is temp lor.

i love polka dots but boys cant wear polka dots mah!
lol.gif
siao mummy!!!

do u like those socks then? how come no one gave me socks? i find them v useful. wun outgrow so easily.

<font color="ff0000">Hey Enzo and Reubern! You guys are hot, date me? Arianne just asked</font>

Postponement of GymB Class
Hi mummies! GymB trial class has been postponed to next Sunday, 21st Jan @3pm.

Mummy+Baby Attending:
1) Brenda + Arianne
2) Joon + DN
3) Daisybuttons + Jovann

Shall we bring our hubs and make them do the class while we watch? heh..

Any other mummies interested, youre welcome too!

edksd / dumpty / sha / ilovebabies | Can you girls make it?!. I need your real full name + bbs name for registration as well as your mobile number in case I need to call you, Please PM me if you can ya..

Crystallised | Hee.. I thought it was funny too.. Sorry about the change, Ill surely inform you of the next class. You can also join me for the weekdays one, either Tue or Thu. But this is once a week affair for us so if were going on next Sunday then the whole of next week we wont be going already.

cereal | I think I did read somewhere that says its possible for a 4 month-er to be teething.. Give a call to your PD and ask.. Let us know if its really tooth youre seeing ya.. Im curious.. hmmm.. Your Keira has pretty eyes.. I bet her cries are soft and whiny instead of loud screams right? She looks gentle type.. =)

Joon | Happy to do so, more excited to meet your DN and the rest of the bbs actually! Im finding suitors for Arianne liao la.. hee..
And hey if you really could feel wetness or water on DNs palms, I suggest you check with your PD on your next visit. For my case, only feel cold but no water at all. Also, sweaty palms and legs could be hereditary.. any chance?

Ive been out shopping the whole day so no time to play forum today.. heres what I bought for Arianne at Mothercare. Her FIRST SEAT! It's called BUMBO. Usual Price is S$139.00, Now at offer S$79.00. I love the color and the ergonomic design. And Arianne enjoys sitting in it while watching TV! The material used is soft yet sturdy.
Check it out>>>>>>
649281.jpg

arianne looks so happy in her bumbo! is she able to sit in it for long? i just got a bumbo for ethan too. but he sits in it for a max of 30min before he starts whining n wants to get out :p

arianne looks a bit eurasian
happy.gif

cereal
keira sooooo preeeeeety! *phweet phweet* n she is so stable propped up on her elbows! ethan still doesnt know how to do this leh.. sian... lazy boy :p

Back