(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

daisybuttons,

In fact, some time ago, DG tried to arrange a gathering at her house function room for 30 Jan.. but not many ppl responded and so that was kinda off "died off"

im lucky ive an understanding boss. today i worked half day nia. reached office at 10am and came home at 1pm to pump.

i told him i may be on self declared flexi hour for these 3 days until fri just to adjust and get used to pumping schedule.

due to my job nature, when im free, im free to do anything, manage my own time. when im tied up, it's really tied up (fire-fighting), no excuse to go pump, no mood too i guess.

daisybutton
me 1st time order from jc penney
so they took quite a while to verify credit card. final order has been processed!!
already sent out to VpostUSA on 2 Jan 07. should reach there within this week.
eoutlet4u spree 2 also sent out liao. both will be able to arrive same time. can save VpostUSA base charges
happy.gif

you can expect to receive this batch of clothes by end mth.

today i let kai drinks 110ml per feed.

today his feeding timing so far is
- 9am+
- 12nn
- 3pm

so it's abt 2.5-3 hrs per feed.

do u think i shld continue to increase the amt per feed? i really scare wastage as my factory limited stock leh

Hi cereal oh issit?? i must have missed the post...oh in that case stick to DG's idea, at her house function room hehehe. think we try to revive that idea again lah how?

so for now its :
DG
phoebe
joon
daisybuttons ok for gathering and potluck?
30 jan i am okie i think.

hows the rest?

phoebe oh yeah! hehehe but still quite sad dun have the PRL top i want.
sad.gif
boo hoo...thanks for organising and being so patient with me. :eek:

Hello! I'm new here and i'm not quite sure how a forum works so just trying it out. I just started reading the posts today, very interesting. My baby Sophie is 3 mths old, also Sept baby.

hi edksd, does kai finish the 110ml with no problem? if so, can let him incr feed oredi. give him a bit more and if he can't finish for more than 2 times then at least u noe how much he feeds now? instead of feeding him 110ml and he finish then u wonder if he has enough?

Sha,

if only i could understand her goo goo gaa gaa i would have ask her did a monster chase a/f her hahaha

edksd,

kai feeding timing look ok. mine also on 3 hourly feed. if wan to stretch timing longer can try to increase 10ml next feed c if he can finish?

hi daisybutton, yes, he finish it in one go, no pause in between.

ok i'll try to give 120ml tomorrow. my factory only produced 325ml today so far. got to try harder tonight after he's asleep. me going to fetch him and latch him on soon.

melody, last feeding was 3pm, he slept at 4pm still sleeping now. my mom says may be waking up soon. so im going to fly there to latch him. hehe...

hi edksd u good leh. my Jovann hor, his feeds by my parents or PIL ranges from 50ml to 140ml. sometimes dun even wana drink scream once he sees the bottle. we tried the clothes method only works if he is sleepy. so cannot gauge how much he drinks. only know at most 150ml bah. sigh.....so worried. today my dad even had to varry him in one hand and rock him and feed with the other hand. he said super siong, ask him to dou long dou long.

DG actually proposed to organise a gathering 30 Dec, not Jan.

since we want to organise this month, how about 27 Jan (Sat)? coz i remembered previously blessedmommy cannot make it on Sunday, church activities.

hello ai ling
welcome to the forum. so u a FTWM or SAHM?

hi mommies

wah have not posted for ages!!!

phoebe
hee, thanks. u remember huh? yah sun i cant make it. but sat i also gotta make arrangements cos cant leave kids at home with my maid too my boys will scream esp my 3 yr old. till now he still dun take to new maid well. sigh... so if there is gathering on sat i will arrange to put them at mil plc for the day.

joon
i simply love reading ur blog! so hilarious!!!

i lovebabies
ur rachel v pretty leh. next time u sure got hard time chasing all the men away!!!

me also cut down one pump session but still maintain the same amt cos i always empty breasts plus i do latch on my gal now n then if im free. my 3 yr old still in his terrible 2s stage! so hard to bf always kena interrupted n firefight cos my 3 boys quarelling n kungfu-ing all the time! in the end lil jo is always affected n i end up always giving her bottle!

hi ling, i'm also sahm! I've got Marcus who is 28 months old and Nicholas who is coming 3 months. where do you live?

hi joon, oops.. sorry i forgot to post to say the gathering is not happening... only told cereal over MSN while chatting.. but like cereal said lor... the mummies here don't seem too keen to meet up when i proposed leh..

daisybuttons, i am ok with gathering at my function room, but must choose a date quick so i can book it. i'll try to book 2 rooms so we can use one for potluck makan and another with sofa for chatting/change nappies.

ai ling,
welcome! when is sophie's bdate? why don't u post a picture of ur little one?
happy.gif
we always gush over all the bbs here!

e-ling,
wow, u are one brave girl! ur qn made me think and i realise tt if i want no 2 in 2008 (pref after sept), i gotta start trying end of this yr! wah piang! dunno whether "engine can start"... if u know what i mean!

blessedmommy,
hi! yeah, u've been gone for some time! must have been busy over X'mas and New Year eh?
wink.gif
kungfu-ing? hahahaha! boys will be boys!

daisybuttons,
i saw the Oct bbs... so cute! hee hee hee...

CUTTING PUMPING SESSIONS
i used to pump at around 8am, 2pm, 6pm, 11pm to get 1.1 to 1.2l. Then i slowly reduce amount i express at every feed by about 20ml, esp the 2pm and 6pm feed. gradually i could just express between 3 and 5pm depending when i am free and not feel engorged. i want to reduce ss since i dont want to freeze or spend time expressing excess and then dump, so this works perfectly for me.

But if you want to maintain or increase ss, you will have to maintain or increase pumping.

Angeline
say you cut ss to 800ml and then bb goes thru growth spurts, you can always start to pump more frequently, longer per session and you will catch up again.

DG,
it's ok, no worries!
happy.gif
when there wasn't any news abt it, i guess response wasn't good. do u have to pay to book the function rm? coz if must pay then sekali response no good, then a bit 'lang fei'. but thanx for the offer! btw, when are u next organising a playgroup? are our bbs too young for playgroups like that?

DG
thks 4 replying!
happy.gif
but my supply at each session is not fixed, so i dunno how to go abt reducing yet. my boy is older than urs & i dunno if he will suddenly increase his supply at 4 mths, according to wat some mums said over here. so i think i will maintain 4 the time being. freeze and donate lor. i agree its wasting time and esp money, coz milk bags aint cheap!

blessedmommy
today 1st day of school seems ok. maybe its bcoz earlier during the school holiday, they got organise orientation for the pri 1 kids. so the children already know which class they in, visit their class, met their form teacher and some of their classmates.
i saw less than 10 kids cried today.
even during recess time, they are matched with a pri 5 buddy to bring them to canteen to buy food and help them.
overall, my son adapt well today
happy.gif

pheobe

my nephew's sch was very organised too. They disallow parents to follow the kids to sch. They have a pri 5 buddy as mentor too. And the sch actually catered lunch for the Pri 1 kids for the 1st mth. And u know what, my nephew told me he was made the IT ADMINISTRATOR of the class !! LOL !! cant believe myself. So I asked him what does he has to do for his role ? He said he has to switch on all the PCs and key in the password ! hahaha ... i really cannot imagine what my ger can do at Pri 1 next time ?

blessedmommy

tks for the compliment... hey ur lll Jo is a beauty too ... she resembles u a lot ! *wink*

ilovebabies
my son's school allowed parents in for this week (wed - fri). u can bring ur child to school. then wait till recess to see them. but cannot sit at the bench. bench are for students, not parents.
got to be outside the canteen to see. let their buddy help / teach them. let them learn to be independent.
then when school is over, parents got to fetch their child during this 3 days. so tat the child wouldnt feel scared.
saw a gal cried today after school. seems to be telling her dad someone bullied her
uhoh.gif

ilovebabies, yah lor my maid said less than a min only and she put her in the centre of the bed while she go wash pacifier.Face got a little bit redness and side of her head (near forehead) got a little bit redness also. She said Amabel no cry, duno true or not, i dun believe lor. See PD liao, he said amabel still very active and can smile alot, hoping she is fine but i will need to monitor her for days or even months lor. So sad and i cried. Feel like quiting job and take care her. Feel so bad.
I were very angry also, i were only aware of it when i am back to my in law house to fetch her. My maid wanted to tell my mil when she is back but my sil (my hub brother's wife) stop her cos i think she dun want to scare my mil but she should at least ask my maid to call me and inform me right.So i can come back and In case any thing happen.

phoebe
my boys will be gg to st andrews. my hb is old boy there, he wants my king kong boys to be in rugby team lol. but the sch not v near my hse leh. i scared if i make them take sch bus they gotta wake up v early so i gotta sacrifice myself n send them lo then aft that rush home to send my 3rd boy to kindy!!

ya ya i also heard tt they hv buddy system in st andrews. i so many worries!! dun think they will cry la but i only worry sch hrs too long la, they tired la, enuf time to eat during recess la etc... sigh mommies!!!

mommies who r teachers here, any idea if the TAFT club is still ongoing? my boys r not fat but big size. imagine my nephew so slim oso being invited into the club, dun talk abt mine!!

e-ling, oh dear.. hope annabel is ok. actually no need to monitor her for mths. if within 24 hrs she is not drowsy, still alert, no vomitting, she shld be ok. the possibility of a long term side effect is v v low n babies falling down is common though can be prevented. never never leave a bb older than a mth old unattended on the bed. even if u put them in the middle of the bed, even if u think they cant flip, they may flip anytime. my first exp with my boy falling was when he was 3 mth old. i even surrounded pillows ard him but he still fell n knock the sharp cxorner of the bed. aft that i never put my babies unattended, not even for 3 sec!!

hey ur maid not v responsible. why didnt she inform u immediately.

E-ling,

Hope Amabel is fine. Were your maid the only person at home taking care of her? Maybe u could install camera? My friend did tat to ensure tat the maid take good care of the baby.

gathering ah?

me onz! i went for the aug mummies gathering liaoz and even got mediacorp filming of our babies, which will be shown this month on 22nd jan..

gathering was really fun!

hi blessedmommy n domesticgoddess,
So nice to know that there are SAHM too coz i noticed that most are working mothers. Must be so tough being working mother. I can't imagine being away from Sophie the whole day. We live at Holland V. We have no helper nor help from mother/inlaws but my husband works from home so that helps. We help each other, heh.

Joon,
Sophie's BD: 25 Sept 2006. Okie lemme try to figure out how to upload photo. I have SOOO MANY!
happy.gif
Need to choose one. Is it under Upload Attachment? Does it display as a photo/attachment or shd i do HTML? Blur...

eling,
oh no! poor amabel! here's a little kiss from DN to sayang amabel... *muaaaack*!
kiss.gif

blessedmommy,
glad u liked the blog! i love to update it too.
happy.gif
actually started it for my sister who's overseas and hasn't seen DN yet!

abt the TAF club, yup, it still exists, but don't worry abt it, most of the time it's really fun for the kids. my friend used to be in charge of the TAF club and she organised very fun stuff for the kids - frisbee, touch rugby etc etc... of course, they still have their runs and exercises, but she always tried to make it fun for them. so hopefully the st andrew's PE teacher is the fun sort!

jasmine,
wah! so fun! how come mediacorp filmed it? on which channel will it be shown and what programme? i'll make sure to catch it.

My girl also very dangerous now. She started to flip since last Saturday. Since then, she is so excited about her new skills. Keep on practicing everywhere. On the bed, inside her stroller, even in bath tub.
Yesterday afternoon, my mum need to go toilet, so she put her in the stroller outside the toilet so they can see each other, and she started to flip in the stroller!
This is not over yet, last night, she woke up at 12:30 midnight. As usual, I quickly latch her. Usually she'll fell asleep again very quickly, but yesterday, she started to struggle and wail loudly. My mother quickly took over, sayang her, calm her down and guess what, she started to flip! She flipped over, hold it there and started to look look see see ! I'm really so angry coz I worried she was having a stomachache or something,but what she want is to practise her flip! Oh OMG! Really want to beat her buttock!
By the time everything is over, it's already 1am+, and I couldn't fell asleep again, was in half sleep mood until 7am! Now feel terribly headache.
sad.gif

Eling

hope amabel is ok now. I will be very very very angry if I am not informed immediately. Hey it's my baby ok, who's to decide not letting me know abt it !!!!!!

You shld tell ur maid off. And make sure she update u of Amabel daily.

Diana

My rachel has been practising her flip too though she succeeded twice only and she will keep trying and trying and trying and trying and trying ... ahahha until I stop her and let her sit upright.

:| Amabel fell from bed !!
I hope she is ok. Are you going to take a day's leave to stay home and observe her?

Why don't you instruct your maid that she must tell you everything that happens to Amabel and that she mustn't take instructions from anyone else.

ling,
it's great that ur hb works from home... that's super ideal man! i was toying with the idea of quitting, but have decided not to... haiiiii...

abt uploading, u first gotta make sure ur pic is 50KB or less. click on <upload>, <browse> and attach the pic of ur choice. that's it! when u're done, click <preview/post> and u shld be able to see ur msg and ur pic.

hope i made sense!

ilovebabies

I read from a book, when bb mastered a new skill, they'll become too excited and their sleep will be affected! It is true to my jac.

ilovebabies,
wah! that pic of rachel is so cute! i love what u did with the black/white/red... stylo-milo! hahahahaha!

i want to attach a pic of DN, Jovann and Cayden during the last playgrp session, but the file is just SO BIG... no matter how i try to reduce it, it cannot go below 50KB! grrrrrr....!!!!!!!!!!
angry.gif

joon

I enjoy to read your blog too! You are so humorous!
And your DN's eyes is so shui3 wang1 wang1. Just like the mummy.
happy.gif
My Jac's eyes not as big as your DN's leh, but I can't complain much lah coz both me and my husband don't have big eyes.
sad.gif

Diana, Joon

tks .. hubby is crazy over editing Rachel's pics and updating her blog ! LOL !

Joon

haha it happen to me before .. the more u minimise the pics, the lower the resolution and then the pic become so lousy you dont feel like uploading here ahahha ... why not put it up in ur blog ?

Back