(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

Ilovebabies,
Maybe you could bring her down to your MILs house more often. That is what I am doing thou Sherilyn is care by my MIL during my working hours once it hit weekend I head back to my mothers place as you know my hubby work even on public holidays as well right so I can go back as well.

What I normally do is leave my babies in my mother care and I go for facial (which is just directly opposite my mums place) or go marketing for food, etc. . . .just let them be together for a while and let her feed her, bath and so on. Relationship building / bonding between them getting to know each other better even if I am around I will ask my mother to feed her and also to bath her as well.

here im pumping again!

for thhose mommies whose bb feed on every 4-5hrs or 6-7hrs, what does u bb do during the interval? sleep?

this's kai's drinking schedule yday, quite eratic...

9am - latch on
10am - latch on
11am+ - 100ml
3pm - 100ml
5pm+ - 100ml
8pm - latch on
9pm - latch on

the latch on were initiated by me, tts y so frequent. i didnt chk whether he's hungry or not, i offered n he takes.

i just miss latching on v much, so i did it once at my mom's place before leaving n once back home. so only 1hr interval. hehe..

DG
how u managed to cut ur session? coz i find tt i i hv excess too and i am alrdy donating some of my FBM... i am expressing 3-4 times per day, at 6 to 7 hrly interval. each session takes abt 25-35 mins to empty both breasts.

do u lessen the time taken to express per session?

today is 1st day of school!!
brought my older boy to school - primary 1. so exciting..
see all the other kiasu parents crowding round their children. heehee.

how are our teachers mummies 1st day of school?

Phoebe
din noe u had a son at 7 yrs old! u certainly dun sound like tt over the phone the other day.
lol.gif
tt means this is ur 2nd child? such a wide gap... issit tedious to "restart" aft so long?

Sha

we cut her hair during 1st mth and 3rd mth. So u can see that her hair grow very very very fast !! so I can grow her hair when she is abt 1 yr old ... eheh can play with her hair then ! Rachel only has very very mild cradle crap when she was 2 mths old so no issue for me.

ya I go to MIL hse on weekends. I leave her there when I go for facial too, but of cos my hubby is with her too. Yes I know we shld let MIL handle her more but she cry so loudly that it becomes so tiring for her. Cannot bear to see her crying like that, so me gotta take over. But when she see my brothers or sister once a week, she has no problem with them ! haiz ... dunno how ..

Did u monitor Sherilyn's gums ? She may not be teething now. In fact Rachel has the same behaviour as Sherilyn, putting everyting into her mouth, drool non stop and fuss during feed. But the fussing has stop this week, phew !

Wow didnt know u can take such long leave on a new job ! lucky u !

crystallized
baby javier my 2nd child. so its a 6yrs gap to my elder son, dexter
happy.gif

i wouldnt say its tedious coz the baby stage is always fun. babies are so adorable and fun to play with.

its only when the gets older, its tough...going after the 'terrible two' stage. and when they are older, they also start to ask qns and 'talk back at you' haha..

with the 6yrs gap, dexter dont get jealous so easily. he knows i'm not free to play with him as i need to take care of baby javier. so he goes to bother his daddy!!
and he is old enuff to help me with chores too...throw dirty diapers. haha.
lol.gif

eling,
are u planning for no 2 already?? i am definitely NOT! hb wants a little mouse (year of the rat - 2008) but i'm thinking 2009
crazy.gif
anyway, i want at least a 2 yr gap so hopefully DN will be old enough to reason with and won't be so jealous.

Sha,
yup yup! sherilyn & DN are born on the same day
happy.gif
remember how we used to wonder wonder wonder when we'll give birth?! wah, u were seperated from sherilyn for so long! no seperation anxiety? i think i still "she bu de"!
sad.gif

DG,
hi there
happy.gif
aiyoh, did we all forget abt the meeting?
wink.gif

Yasmine,

dun listen to ur mom... i had the same problem with my girl, and my MIL complain and ask me stop latching her,cos it create feeding problem for her. however, my MIL found a solution.. Jadelle drink 150ml every 3 hrs.. but she dun take it all at 1 shot, especially after a weekend of latching on.. so we split the feed up into 2 rounds.. 60ml and 90ml.. in between, my MIL burp her or my girl will poo.. after that, continue the 2nd feed..

If your baby still refuse to drink from bottle, dun worry, they will compensate for it when you return from work and gradually, your body will adjust the milk production to increase more in evenings and for night feed to satisfy her hunger..
i refuse to stop latching on as,
1) on weekends, i had no time to pump (which i need 45 min to clear my breasts) and jaga my girl at the same time (she wants to play and be entertained)
2) weekends are the best time to clear blocked ducts caused by not draining the breasts enough..
3) my best way to bond with my girl.. now whenever i carry her, she will turn her head to my breasts after i return from work and demand to latch on, even after having drank 150ml..

Angeline,
really envy your supply. i dun even have enough to satisfy my girl's daily feeds..

edksd,
like what phoebe say, burp kai after feed and if still cry, then give more next feed.. another way is to monitor how long the 100ml last him..
if only 2 hrs or lesser, then can gradually give more. crying indicates that he can take more per feed.. but sometimes, the milk haven't been digested and sucking is a comforting action to babies, so they will cry abit when the teat is out of their mouths.

Ilovebabies,
Hehehehe. . Rachel hair grows so fast that you can start selling them to those who need it!
crazy.gif
And their nails also grow very fast I trim Sherilyn nails every two to three days just to ensure that she dont cut her face.

I understand what you mean when you see her crying so long . . . heart pain pain right. Maybe your MIL does not know how to play and talk to her or to say pacify her.

Yes I am rather lucky that my boss allow me to take long leave for this trip . . . thou the salary is not that great but the stress level is definite much lower and the best part is I do need to travel and basically no overtime like before. .. So more precious time with the new love of my life.

As for her gum, I will monitor for the next few weeks and see how it goes. Sherilyn has night mare last night was crying with her eyes close. . . .aiyo so poor thing.

Joon,
Of course I miss my baby during the trip every night before I sleep I will call my MIL and talk to her thou she cant reply me YET but at least she is hearing my voice and I took lots of photo of her on my mobile phone and also video as well.

It is just one of those opportunities as my husband was there working so I just pay for one ticket and join him there lor. . . .a gift from my husband for being a great mum!

I done a lot of shopping there and got alot of stuff my baby too. Till we have to get another luggage . . .
kao_embarrassed.gif

Hi Sha,
My little boy is quit notty. In day time, only take nap for total of 1 hour sometimes and always wanted to be carried. If put down or bring him to his room only, he will start complaint..

May i know for those BF mum, did yr baby still poo frequently? My baby use to poo once a day however, recently, he poo quit often. Almost poo each time during feed. Wonder if it's normal.

Angeline,
My eyes almost popup when i read of yr supply and yr stock!!!!

actually, my SS is not that great. I think it might be lower than most mummies here. I only get 40ml/hr.

I can store up that much only b'cos my gal refuses to latch, so I express all the way. And she used to be a very small eater. So I can freeze up 100 - 200 ml a day.

DG,
if pump just 3 times a day, will we not be able to catch up with their demand again when they start drinking more during growth spurt?

mingliew,
my girl only poo once every few days or even one week leh. Wonder is it normal also since she is bfeeding. And it started this fequent when she is near to 3 months.

Joon, yah planning to have 2nd one since i am still young if too late i may not have the determination to bf my 2nd one le cos is too stress. Now faster to have it before my maid leave after the 2nd year contract. By then my 1st one also be able to send to childcare. Wish to have a boy for 2nd one but if girl also nvm. Just waih to have a boy and maybe then stop production liao. See how lor.
Btw do you all still take precaution while bf?

jasmine, were shocked to read that ur in law give your bb try those oily food. Yah agreed that u should use PD as a excuse lor.

joon,
i did try giving him e other breast but he refused n start crying lor... i think he got small small stomach, but thinking of ur e other method; delay feeding; is not easy too cos usually i feed him only when he start to cry so if i delay feeding him he will scream till e block of flats collapsed heehee :p

MIL,
talking abt MIL.... hai.... thinking i'm abit more lucky cos my MIL is afraid of me tat's y so far she dont dare to intefere with e way i look after my boy & also becos currently i'm still on no-pay leave so i'm looking after my boy myself. But i've just got a maid n i'm teaching her how to handle my boy, hopefully she can learn fast then i will go back work in feb if not i'll be going back work in march. but one thing i'm worried after i go back work is "Will my MIL interfere with e way i wanna my maid to look after my boy?? eg.give baby porridge tat is cook for e whole family n etc cos PD says baby food should not include any MSG, SALT, sugar, seasoning etc. So i will want my maid to give baby cereals first then slowly change to porridge tat is cook exclusively to baby only.

wow. E-ling u r planning to have second one liao ah...,
i'm so scared to have another kid cos so far i've been looking after my boy myself, although i'm staying with my MIL n SIL but they cant handle my boy once he start to cry so i'm e only one who keep carrying him n they only play with him when he is happy, BF him 2hrly also makes me so so tired tat's y i told my hubby i'm going to stop at one cos is really tiring looking after kids.
Actually i planned to be a SAHM at first but after looking after my boy solely i find tat this is not e life i wanna have, so hubby got no choice but to get a maid for me so that i can go back work faster as my MIL cant manage my boy alone n my own mother doesnt like to have a baby to tie her down too.
hope my maid is able to look after my boy well cos last nite i just got a nitemare, i dream tat my maid beat my boy *faint*

my milk supply dropped tremendously today. i woke my sleepy baby at 9am (yeah i'm late for work) and she suckle lazily for 3 minutes and went back to sleep. at 1pm i pumped and got 3 letdowns but I only get 50ml??! I'm so sad today. looks like i have to give FM to my bb for the first time today.

kao_cry.gif

E-Ling,
I think it means yr baby absorb well? Wow, you plan to have 2nd one already? It will be quit challenging with such close gap.. my sons is 2 yrs apart. Already found v v tiring..

melissa

dont worry prob ur supply will be back in ur next pump ? meanwhile drink more water ok ?

Sha

I think Rachel has nitemares too but she didnt cry. She jusst fuss a bit and i can see she is still sleeping. Poor sherilyn, must be scared in her dreams.

Long time never see sherilyn, can u pls ask ur hubby to update her blog? eehehe he likes to put in comments but not updating her blog leh eheheh

Yah that is a close gap. Anyway planning to have but may not be success and by the time have is already 2007?? Haha!

Yah when can we stop sterilising bb bottle huh?

Ming Liew,
Sometime they are like that one. . . my girl too when I put her down she will make some noise but I dont carry her let her make noise for a while and after sometime she is ok.

Ilovebabies,
So poor thing she cried so loud with the eyes close and tears rolling down. . .see already heart pain.

Will tell my hubby to update the blog anyway he is thinking of a get together before he goes for his reservist. But he has been rather busy recently with work as he just back after one month so whenever he has the time he will spend it with his daughter.

It is much better to see the babies face to face. . .hehehehe
happy.gif

Eling

i also wonder when we stop sterilising. But I see my MIL and mum still does that even the kids > 1 yr old. As for my mum, after washing the bottle she will pour hot water inside and let the teats settle inside the bottle for a while before use.

pheobe

that's a good one ! LOL !

Sha

aiyo poor gal .. sayang sayang ... so Sherilyn stopped crying after a while ?

luckily babies have no memories yet.
happy.gif

ohh yeah must spend time with ger ah .. else ger will forget abt daddy's smell

sterilising bb bottle
From one of the books I read, can stop sterlising after 3 months. It actually says only the first month is absoultely necessary. But I still sterlize till now coz I don't find sterlize troublesome, it's the washing & cleaning more troublesome.

Ilovebabies,
She cried for a while, what I did is carry her and keep talking to her close to her ear pacifying her and also assuring her that we are here for her.

Yes he need to spend more time with her causing she will start to recognize people soon and it would be a problem if he do not spend enough time with her and he is going for his reservist three weeks.

ilovebabies,
oh.. u r right man, babies dun hv memories yet.. coz Keira actually forgotten my mum/dad when she did not see them for one week - and note that my mum/dad takes care of Keira when I go to work... jeez.. she saw them yesterday and actually cried when she found them unfamiliar... gosh.. *faint*.
Now I am getting worried whether Keira will "forget" ME when I go away for 7 days in 2 weeks time.... arrggh... die la, I will be damn sad if she forgets me...
sad.gif

E-ling,
Wow! planning for 2nd one already. I am enjoying my time with Trinity right now. Would like to have number 2, but also worried about how to share time fairly between 2. And of cos, still haven't found a solution to me wanting to be SAHM.

Melissa,
Could it be possible your period is coming. I read that when menses come SS may drop, but will resume back to normal when menses gone.
BTW, were you the one updating the Sep mum table, can send me the last list you have pls.

Phoebe,
Really ah, can stop sterilzing already? I find so sian to sterilize all the time. Especially when pumping in office.

I started to read a little on introducing solids. Think it is going to be even more time consuming for us then. Have to prepare the food, sterilize all the equipment. Find the patience to feed BB slowly, then clean up the mess they make. On top of that, have to continue to pump milk. Wonder where I will find the time to do all that.

well, we can stopped sterilizing after every feed. but its still good to sterilize all items once a day to 'clean' off the bacteria.

even for my older boy (who drinks from bottle for his nite and morning feed), we still 'boil' his bottle once a day.

phoebe

I have 4 dr. brown bottles for my girl's 4 feeds (plus several avent bottles that have never been used). I wash and sterilze them at one go at night, so I'm actually practising your "sterlize all items once a day to 'clean' off the bacteria".
happy.gif

Angeline,
Think b'cos it's work stress + not enough sleep or maybe you're right, period coming. Although I haven't experienced any pre-menstrual cramps yet. But I will try to pump again later and drink more water!

ilovebabies,
thanks for your advise. my mom also sterilize bottles the same way as you do.

I have stopped sterilizing since my girl is 3 months. She's doing fine so far. Strong like an ox err.. baby ox. Hehe.

cereal,
no such thing as forget parents ok. trust me. i have a niece whose mother never take care of her but sees her once a while (like a few months one ok) but when she cries and her mother reach out to her, she still follow the mother. amazing.

angeline,
i'll include it in my break time. now stealing time to read messages. very busy day today.

ming liew,
i'm the opposite of you. my girl used to poo after every feed until she's 3 months old. now she's starting to poo once in every 2-3 days.

my babysitter just called to say that my girl is crying for milk but milk is still frozen, how to thaw the fastest way?

edksd,
if more than 48 hours of storage before next feed, i will store in freezer. if less than 48 hours, just the fridge.

E-Ling

They say better to have gaps of three to four years between births. For myself,I feel my body still haven't fully recovered as still feel knee and pubic bone pain sometimes, so though I wanted a golden pig bb very much, but will still wait at least one year later.

melissa
frozen from the freezer? put the pack of milk in a bowl of tap water. will defroze within minutes.
after which, you can proceed to warm up the milk.

Just now i forget to keep my milk in the fridge after expressing leh, if it is left in the roon temp for ard 2 hrs, still can put in the fridge for bb to drink for the next 48hrs??

E-Ling
At room temperature 15 degrees 24 hours
At room temperature 19-22 degrees 10 hours
At room temperature 25 degrees C 4-6 hours

Today first day of work on a new year, wishing all mummies & babies a happy, healthy & great year ahead
kao_smile.gif

ilovebabies,

Rachel look like daddy? The first person i could get correct from the matching game is u leh. i thot rachel look like u.

Sha,

Yun also had nightmare often. She will scream & cry. We always went over to tell her no worry, sayang her till she calm down. Was wondering wat type of dreams do baby have??? Monster chasing them??

Melissa,

Maybe increase pump frequency. When my supply drop, i increse frequency back to 3 hourly and drink a hot drink b/f expressing. And also hot towel for faster let down. Squeeze the nipple to clear the ducts. Supply will recover back

E-ling,
if the room temperature is not too hot (less than 25 degrees) then can put back into fridge, but quickly let Amabel drink it for her next feed, don't wait for 48 hrs already.

edksd,

difficult to start the engine rite... me have been yawning since mornin
kao_yawn.gif
ooh my bb seem to knw mummy need to get back to work, she wake up at 7am instead of her usual time 8am

Melody,
Hahahaha. . .you so funny monster chasing them they cant even stand how to run???

I wonder what causes them to have these bad dreams?

aiyah typed a message but accidentally refreshed the screen! silly mummy hahahah! must be lack of sleep.

melissa, dun fret and be disheartened. think its coz ur gal feed 3 mins only today and u didn't pump after that so ur body tot dun need so much milk so lower supply. but its not permanent one, just hope ur gal feeds longer tmlw and u pump more to incr supply in the morning if u got time? jia you!

hey girls, the october thread got such a nice and fun gathering leh. when is OURs huh? wait till neck long long liaoz? their gathering quite convenient coz at someone's house. then anyone wants to bfd or change diapers or what nots, which is so often with a 3-4mths old baby, can do it conveniently. shall we have a gathering at someone house too? can someone with a nice big house volunteer??? heheheheheh! if no one volunteer, can make it my place. though my place not a "nice big house" and its just a hdb but think can accomodate about 20 mummies and babies lah..... i think..... mu ha ha ha!
happy.gif

maybe the babies lost in a fight so they cry in their dreams ?

melody

heeh u r one of the very very few who say rachel looks like me leh .. but u MAKE MY DAY ! ehehhe

helo phoebe, yep yep hehhee. thinking of potluck too. or else homeowner lagi siong.

hahaha i like ur comment about the steriliser! hahaha made my laugh. oh btw, has the jcpenny order arrive yet huh?

hi melody, same here!

today i woke up at 5am+ coz thinking need to pump before kai wakes up, still havent pack my working bag yet, still need to shower, take breakfast, etc.

who knows he oso woke up right after me. so he accompanied me while i take my breakfast and packing my bag.

then i latch him on to make him go back to sleep which he did! then i quickly go shower and then pump.

he was still sleeping when im abt to bring him over to my mom's place. really v sayang, how i wish i can let him continue sleeping and not interrupt him. he did sleep on the way, but of course not as comfortable la i guess.

melody, yeah, my working engine really not started yet. a bit blur blur cant absorb anything. hope it's a better day tomorrow
happy.gif

Back