(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

helo mommies!!! happy TUESDAY! hehehee.

emma, ayoh i cannot see youtube from office!!! brrR!!! i go home see today!

brenda forgot to tell u, i also find A growing prettier and prettier. that day hubby go ur house to get the things from u, he came back told me A looks diff now, i told him prettier and he agrees totally hehehe.

Jasmine, my goodness. u have slimmed down even more and cut ur hair! and Jadelle is cute! hehehee... i like the one with her in yellow polo and demin skirt, in the shrek band with matching green chair! hahahaaa... hey how did you make her stay awake so long?? looks like a lot of photos were taken! how long was the PS?

smiley and ilovebb, hope your babies are okie. its so scary falling off the bed!

ilovebb, regarding the fan, u got put the netting thing over the fan rght? if u still dun want her to touch, try saying "NO" in a very firm voice, shake your head, then lightly beat her hand and take it away think the firm NO is important, make sure she looks u in the eye when u say that. if she smiles at u, u cannot smile back hehehee. Jovann can understand firm "NOs". but have to make sure dun use too often else lose the effect.

Ling, wah u very creative alot of homemade toys. i always throw away my yogurt cups though i have read they can be toys!

emma and ling, i also tot of putting wish list leh. but how are we going to stop ppl from buying 2 of the same thing? they may not tell us they buying right? how to resolve that ah? and also, i kinda likes surprises (pleasant ones lah :p) too, so undecided whether to have a birthday registry hehehe.

phoebe, wow! u have a lot of nice photos of Javier! hey regarding the banner, i will collect all my rubbish from you when my BD orders arrive can? hehehe. i have my jack and lilly, my childrens plc, my CE, BD and your LJP orders hehehe! i think i spent A LOT OF money. sorry for not transferring yet, coz i tot when all have arrived and consolidated i tranfser all at one shot to u can? else i lose track..
sad.gif
but if u prefer i pay bit by bit, do let me know!

smiley, yes i have pumped about 3-4 times in toilets so far (twice at office, twice outside), and threw away the milk.

emoments, heheheheh! yes! J still likes his bola bola.
happy.gif
his eyes will fix on it when he sees it and will play with it for a while.

Emma, yours wake up every 3 hours, mine can be as bad as every hour or few times in an hour leh..
sad.gif
Sometimes I suspect she's too hot, coz she can be perspiring all over even though we sleep in aircon. But I don't dare to not cover her with blankets coz I am afraid she will catch a cold.

emma and smiley, not sure if i can help coz i am one of those who will nurse him to sleep when he wakes, though i have been preaching not to hahahahhah!!! but lucky he sleeps through most of the time. :p. from ur babies case, could it be he or she was over stimulated before bedtime? can try to make sure half an hr b4 bedtime dun play with him. just quiet and cuddles. washing up also quiet, dun make him laugh too much during this period. and also, do you mommies "wash up" your babies outside if out late? then bring them back to sleep straightaway without washing again? i know of someone who does that leh, and her babies have sleeping problems. i seriously think if u wash ur baby up outside, change into PJs, and expose her to stimulated and sights and sounds outside, how can she associate PJs and washin gup with quiet and sleep? i have asked her to not to do it, but she is still doing it. no offence to any mommies hor...

smiley, think C is too hot oredi, she's prob dun like heat and can't sleep well. i think its fine to not sleep with blanket if she's like this. brenda's A also dun sleep with blanket at night, right B? u try a few nights, and see if she sleeps better? if she does, then its the heat. u can always check if her back of neck is hot/cold. emma, how about patting enzo back to sleep without giving pacifier back? can a not huh? i know not easy, so blurry eyed oredi i think if its me i will just carrry to put him back to sleep asap hehee. but can try lah. smiley ur comment about cooking the bittergourd so funny lah!!!

alicia, NO leh. japanese cucumber is NOT the same as zuchinni leh. the girl who told u that is wrong lah. they are both green and long but has distinct differences.

Buttons, perhaps I will try to remove the blanket tonight... My hubby keeps asking me to wean her leh...
sad.gif
He says if ever there's a number 2, he will advise me not to BF after seeing me so drained with Number 1...

But I think I will still bf lah.. There was this time C was sick and she refused milk and water, so the only intake of fluid and food she could take was when she suckle for comfort and indirectly she was taking in fluid and BM (though my supply usually was pte ltd lah...) :p

How about asking people to add in the comments if they are gettting that present in your wish list? Then you mark it down in your blog so people know that choice is taken
happy.gif

Dear Mommies

Long time never login, coz very busy with new project. Hope you still remember me
happy.gif

Here is a photo of Jacqueline
884981.jpg

Does she looks like a big girl in this photo?

Some updates about Jac
1) Weight 10.4 kg, height 74-75cm? 6 teeth.
2) Can hold furniture to walk, but can't walk or stand without support.
3) Can crawl very well. In fact, now she so enthusiastic in crawling, she doesn't want to walk at all.
4) Can get off the bed and sofa by herself.
5) Know call ba1 ba1, ma1 ma1 and my maid's name!
6) Still can't sleep throughout the night.
7) Fell a sick at 10 months for the 1st time in her life. Luckily it's just minor flu, with a bit fever and cough. And she fully recovered 10 days later.

Hmm, BTW, can I ask those experienced mum, how to wean off your bb? About 3 weeks ago, I stopped pumping and start to latch on her at night directly, and now she addicted to my breast! She'll wake up every 2-3 hours ask for comfort. Really headache, and she doesn't like pacifier anymore! I plan to wean her off when she turns 1, but now I really have no idea...

<font color="0000ff">Hi Smiley</font>
Initially I also scared Dylan might catch a cold and try to make him wear thick thick or cover with blankets. But I find that he kept waking up or he is not sleeping peacefully. So now I dun dress him thick thick or cover with blanket liow and he's sleeping more soundly now. We will on the aircon for abt 2 hours then switch to fan.

<font color="0000ff">Buttons</font>, sometimes my mum 'wash up' Dylan before we fetch him home. But usually before sleep, I'll use a small towel to wipe his face and hands and then tell him, sleeping time. It helps a little thou he still need to spend at least an hour playing on the bed... I'll just lie down there and watch him, making sure he dun fall off and after he got tired, he will lie down and zzz.... he still wake up once or twice for milk (not comfort sucking, so I'm ok with that).

ohhh.. thanks emoments and buttons, I am very keen to try this method tonight!
happy.gif
Remove the blanket! Yeah!! And new idea - to use a small warm towel to clean her face and make her all cosy and comfortable!
happy.gif

buttons.. i've tried ling's method of letting him cry it out.. but it din work.. he cried till he was so awake, he was standing at the cot and begging us to go comfort him... so its back to immediately attending to him, (feeding water/stuffing pacifier/giving him bolster) in order to get him back to sleep... seriously wondering when he will outgrow these....

Another question : Are you all still using diaper cream and how long should we use diaper cream on baby? C has been using Desitin Creamy since she got diaper rash (recommended by the doctor) when she was around 2 months old and my hubby just asked recently why I am still using it?

smiley
I norm don't use unless sophie's got diaper rash. But i know of some mums that will put all the time...

emma
aiyo didn't work for enzo is it? Can he find his own pacifier in the nite? Coz sophie does that. And if she's up n crying, norm we'll go in and tell her to go back to sleep every 5 - 10 mins, give her the pacifier if she will take. But only worked after days of training. Gets better n better.

diana
wah jac's hair is so long! Can tie in so many diff fashion... hee

buttons
I poke holes in the yogurt cup n use it during bath time. sophie loves to "catch" the running water.
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Emoments</font></font>, ha! my Arianne loves playing soccer with the bola (we learned this at GymB)! 1 of us will carry her at her armpits, lifting her up, go to the bola and swing her to kick the bola. She chuckles really loud while doing this! and the other 1 of us, will kick the bola back to her.. try it! it's a good workout for ourselves too heh..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Melissa</font></font>, I got it from an old provision shop at HV called Kheam Hock, they've got bolas in several sizes.. It wasn't a BP le, until now I still can't figure out exactly how a BP works! hee..

Nauseating ah? whenever u feel nauseous, try drawing in deep breath then exhale slowly, repeat until you feel 'light headed'. It worked for me..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Alicia</font></font>, yes Emma and Buttons are right. Both are different things though they do resemble each other.. You can't cook cucumbers (doesn't matter if it's M'sian's, Indon's or Japanese). Jap cucumbers are usually slimmer, darker green and rough to touch. Zucchinis come in either yellow or green smooth skin and bigger in size, they're also known as summer squash. I've never seen any in fair price so far, try cold storage or market place.. You can google for their images.. If you're still not sure, let me know, when I buy one, I'll take a pic to show u.. unfortunately I don't have any now..

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Melody</font></font>, another activity which you can do indoors with Yun is, helping her to climb 'steps'. You can use chairs with different heights, put them together and let her move from one to another. This also tires A out.. heh

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Sha</font></font>, thanks for the swing info!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">ilovebbs</font></font>, did u try letting Rachel watch orchestras/choirs on the TV? my A quite enjoys watching them.. heh maybe she'll become the next Vanessa Mae.. hee

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Smiley</font></font>, <font color="ff0000">Buttons</font> is right, I don't really use blankie on A cos it'll always end up somewhere other than her body. During the really hot days (like today!), at night we'll only let her wear singlet and diaper to sleep. Our aircon is at 20 degrees. Cold is never a worser devil than Hot! So better keep her cool la.. maybe just wear a long pants and short-sleeved t-shirt?

hi mummies long time no chat : )

i'd just like to pop by to ask something...

do we still need to use the diaper rash cream on our babies?

i was told by my colleague that after 6 months, we don't need to apply diaper cream liao...

is it true? i really felt like a doofus when she told me no need to apply liao...is it true? we stopped going to PD after her 6mths check up so won't get a chance to check with PD about this...

hope to hear from you soon...sorry can't check long...will try to catch up again soon!

yohoo, postings are so limited today because most of us were unable to log in the entire day, it was only when Angeline gave me a direct link to try that I was able to come through...phew! <font color="0000ff">Thanks, Angeline!</font>

Alexis and I went to the Singapore Science Centre today and she sure loves to push buttons. There were so many for her to push and she was really excited. We managed to visit about 65% of the exhibits before she started to make a fuss. We went next door to sneak a peek at Snow City before going home and she was fast asleep before I pulled out of the parking lot!

<font color="0000ff">Alicia</font>
Go to http://www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossary.asp?id=35848, this webby shows various pictures of zuchini. In fact I love this website www.hormel.com/kitchen/glossary. They have detailed descriptions and photos of every vegetable, fruit, food item imaginable. Easy to navigate too, everything in alphabetical order.

<font color="0000ff">Diaper cream (Smiley and Cheekz)</font>
I also do not use diaper cream unless alexis has rashes, but I do know some moms who apply after every shower/bath irregardless of the child's age.

<font color="0000ff">BM</font>
Thanks for your tip-off regarding Bangkok Banyan Tree, must buy back some pad thai and som tham to show my appreciation! :p
On a more serious note, I hope Jo is much better today. It seem to be an awfully long time to be having diarrhoea.

JERENE
no worries! hope u had good time. hey u always travellg, make me so jealous!!

jo only pooed twice today but still slightly watery. yah i am wondering will she ever recover not? been such long time since i saw her nice soft poo!

eh who is the nickname that start with R huh? i cant think of any other than rainnie leh!

<font color="ff0000">WHO's going to Westin Banyan BKK?!?! Jerene ah?</font> so nice!! *envious!!* MUST try the roof top jacuzzi, do call them (way in advance!) to book before your flight lands in the country becos the jac and roof top's massage area is usually quite full.. Have fun!

<font color="0077aa"><font size="+1">Smiley & Cheekz</font></font>, I've never used the diaper rash cream unless I see rash. I believe in baby's natural system and these cream will only weaken it..

! Brenda, A sleeps in singlet and diaper only in 20 degrees aircon room? Oh boy, she's tough man... I don't think even I can take it!

I tried last night, it seemed to work a bit leh.. I did not dare to not cover her at all, so I just pulled the blanket down and covered her legs.. She woke up around 3+am near 4am.. that's quite an achievement for me already! Heeheehee....

Ling and Brenda, maybe I should consider cutting down the diaper cream hor.. My niece seldom uses it also.. My sister is also asking me why I use it everytime I change C's diapers.. I make my maid clean her for every diaper change and apply the cream every time also.. :p Looks like I am over doing it hor?

Smiley.. congrats!!! hehe... so u slept well last night? keke... ya.. think you should cut down on the diaper cream... less chemical is best... otherwise baby's skin MIGHT grow to be dependant on cream....

Emma, heehee.. thanks.. yup, pretty well in fact
happy.gif
Now very happy and genki! =D

I just watched a flash my sister forwarded to me.. Very disturbing. It shows a Korean woman trying to push a pram into a train in Seoul but somehow the pram got stuck and the train was about to move... VERY DANGEROUS! The baby and mother nearly got killed. Lucky another lady is smart enough to carry the baby out of the pram.. Make me realise it is actually quite dangerous to push pram into the MRT, esp when it is packed.

Smiley

i dont use diaper cream always. only use it when necessary. and I have stopped using drapolene. I feel Calendula cream is more effective and it's organic !!
happy.gif

my Rachel used to fuss at nite when her pacifier is not in her mouth and she cant really search for it in her dreamland. She can if she is wide awake. This happens for abt 2 weeks and now she can sleep throughout w/o pacifier. Could be a passing phase lah ... or it may also be due to her workout during the day (endless crawling and play time) that tires her out at nite !

Is there something wrong wit the forum?? I can't log in the whole day yesterday.

Brenda,

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try that out heehee...

Smiley & Cheekz,

Yun had been using desitin every time we change her diaper. When we try a milder brand, she develop nappy rash, thus for me I had no choice but continue using it till she older mah.

yesterday i got problem trying to view our Sept board leh. all the posts gone!! dunno why!!!

smiley,
Hannah is still unpredictable, sometimes she will wake up many times for comfort nursing. i tried not nursing her but just pat her to sleep but she will keep waking up until i give her some milk! but in other days, she can sleep through the night without waking up for milk. i have seen some suggestions discussed in here but it doesn't seem to work. i'm hoping that she will stop this habit sooner or later.

desitin - i only use it if Hannah has rashes but she rarely has it now.

sha,
you got a point there. we'll wait till they're comfortable to announce. it's their personal choice. i will respect that.
happy.gif

buttons,
good that you mentioned overstimulation. i suspect that sometimes Hannah is overstimulated too hence she'll wake up a few times at night. can't help it b'cos my hubby and i had to work late and come back late so when she sees us she wants to play!

diana sg,
wow long time no see. come and join us in a our funny picture montage. it's still in the running! jac is so big now!

brenda,
oh guess i have to find a provision shop that sells lots of china-made toys haha. your breathing technique reminds me of that gas that I breathe during delivery. can really make me spin. think i'll try to skip that next time.

cheekz,
yeah long time no see u. i have never made it a habit to apply desitin at every nappy change. i only apply when necessary. so far she hardly has any rashes b'cos we change her nappy quite often and wash her up with water at every change.

jerene,
on the other hand, i am thankful i didn't get to travel in my course of duty haha! i can't bear to leave my family behind not even for one day!

oh brenda

i have not tried letting rachel watch these shows, but she is particularly attracted to toys with music and will clap and dance to the music.

So many postings over the last few days, took me quite a while to 'digest'. Hehehe!!! Here goes:

<font color="ff0000">Smiley n ilovebb</font>, So glad to know that your little ones r okie now! Can understand how heart pain it is when they have a fall.
happy.gif

ilovebb, Adele also likes to touch the base of the fan. I will always give her a firm 'NO" whenever she tries to go near it. She will then turn back and give me the sad look as though she is going to cry. But I will smack her hand if she refuses to listen and insist on touching. I guess it will take a while for them to take No for an answer.
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Diana</font>, haven't seen u in the forum for a long time! Congrats on Jac's latest development! She does look like a big girl now in the photo. Mine oh mine, how fast our little ones have grown!

<font color="aa00aa">Smiley n Cheekz</font>, I still use the diaper cream on Adele only when that area is red especially after she had pooed in her diapers.

<font color="119911">Jerene, Emma, Brenda n Buttons</font>, Thanks for the info on zucchini. I managed to get it at cold storage yesterday. It does look similar to the jap cucumber except that its fatter in size.

<font color="0000ff">Jerene</font>, you going to Banyan Tree Bangkok? So envious! ENJOY!!! Wow, seems like u have lots of fun with Alexis @ Singapore Science Centre. I would love to bring Adele to the zoo. Hopefully I can find the time these couple of weeks.
happy.gif

<font size="+2"><font color="ff6000">SPREE COLLECTION UPDATE</font></font>

<font size="+1"><font color="aa00aa">Date: 19 Jul (Thur)
Time: 1pm
Venue: VIVO CITY B2 CARPARK (next to Toast Box / Candy Empire)</font></font>

Confirmation from:
1. Melody (Janice)
- Jack & Lily
- California Baby

2. Mary
- Jack & Lily

3. emoments (Eileen)
- Celebrate Express
- California Baby
- Jack & Lily

4. cheekz (Rina) - collect by cousin Lena
- California Baby
- Jack & Lily
- Celebrate Express ???

5. teddyhope (Doreen)
- wet bag
- California Baby
- Jack & Lily

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Other mummies, can make it tomorrow?? Kindly sms me today before 11pm to confirm for tomorrow - 9780 4640</font></font>

Good morning mommies!

Hey, we are not staying in Banyan Tree leh, we are staying in lebua. We were torn in between the two and BM relayed that she didnt had a good stay in Banyan so we decided to go with lebua.
This trip will be a short one, 3 nights, and alexis will be staying with her grandparents.

So anyone need anything from BKK??

From Account POSB Savings
Hi Phoebe,
Just transfer the following to your account : -
Amount S$215.64 - Children Place Spree
Transaction Reference 1269811354

Thanks

Jerene,
Yes alot . . haaaaaaa. . That is a very tempting open invitation. I envy you coz you got to travel like almost every month!

phoebe,

my cousin will collect the celebrate express stuff also!

thanks!

hi mummies,
thanks for the advice on the diaper cream...omg, i'm such a goondu...i've been applying all this while like its a BEAUTY cream like dat...

cheekz

as long as baby's butt and there-there is dry, rashes wont occur. sometimes I feel that applying rashes cream and without letting it dry before u wrap the baby, will cause rashes.

and one way to avoid rashes is to train bb to poo poo in the potty. it's also cleaner and less messy during cleaning...
happy.gif

Thanks Mummies who reply me on the diaper cream!

And yes, Alicia, our babies have really grown haven't they?
ilovebabies, I saw Rachel's photo you posted recently. She has grown so much since I last seen her!!
C has grown up too.. Just did a simple powerpoint to show you how she has grown.. The first pic was taken at the gathering (courtesy of Sha's photo). The third photo was taken just recently.

886931.jpg

smiley

hey clarice changes alot too ! she resembles you hor ?

ya agree her eyes are pretty and hey .. is that her favourite hairband ? ehehhe

Thanks Ling.. Sophie's a sweetie pie too... I was hoping to see you and her at the KinderMusik the other day but you didn't come, what a pity.. Really hope we have a chance to meet up again
happy.gif

Hahaha.. No lah.. I specifically picked the ones which she was wearing the hairband to show you how she has grown. And she hates wearing it and will pull it down almost immediately after I put it on.. So no hats nor hairbands for her.. hair clips are still ok coz she doesn't seem to be bothered by hair clips..

Does she look like me? Heehee.. most people say she looks like me when she's younger but now that she has grown up a bit, a number of them starts saying she looks more like my hubby..

smiley

can still see your image in C ! but I thnk she has her daddy's eyes right ? most of the babies have lost the chubbiness after they start cruising hor ...

ilovebabies, yah loh.. she's not as chubby as before. Whenever I see the photos of her when she's young, I think oh boy, she's SO CHUBBY back then! She used to be a "heavy drinker" (heehee) when she's newborn. She drank 180 - 210ml of milk when she's only 2-3 months old can you believe that? And every 2 hourly somemore!
Do you remember back then you sent me an sms to ask me how I was doing and I replied you I was dead beat because my little one seemed always hungry!?? Hahaha...
(Now maximum she drinks is only 120ml..)

smiley

yes yes .. i rem C as v chubby during the gathering. i think becos she is taking in more solids that's why she reduced her milk intake right ?

oh u also said she was not feeling well a few days ago ...

I think as long as she is happy and developing well, it is not a cause of concerns.
happy.gif

Thanks Alicia!
happy.gif

Btw, actually her name is spelt as <font color="0000ff">Clarisse</font>..
Clarice is another pretty girl here, daughter of Yuna.. heehee..
2 Cs here..
happy.gif

ilovebabies, she's taking 2 solids each day. One around 10.30am, and another around 6pm. One big bowl each time. Can post some photos of Rachel also? I want to see more of her photos
happy.gif
Still remember how smiley she was at the gathering then.. very cute!!!

Smiley

i got C's name wrong too !! pai say..

photos ah .. ok ok will do so
happy.gif

She is still v smiley .. made a lot of uncles/aunties friends my my mum's place ...

some of her "friends" call her when I bring her downstairs ... and gee I dont even know them ! ha !

Rachel and Enzo seems to smile easily. So cute! My Hannah don't smile readily. She prefers to make funny faces.

Smiley,
Clarisse is so pretty! I realised now that our babies' faces looks less rounded and more oval now. I really miss the 3-4 months old shots. So chubby!

Heehee... R has more frens than you! Yah, I remember she is super friendly.. Come in like a Beauty Queen and smiled at everyone, making a grand entrance! VERY CUTE!

Smiley

wah beauty queen title !! the smallest yet oldest ha !!!

but now hor she is always mistaken as a boy.

melissa

u want ur bb to be more smiley ? be happy during ur pregnancy and watch more WU ZHONG XIAN show ahahha

ilovebabies.. Actually hor, there are some uncles and aunties very blur and funny one.. I can dress C from top to toe in pink and they will still ask "Boy har?" :p

Yes, Melissa, keep yourself happy now! And I find that when baby is at newborn stage, make it a point to keep smiling at them. They do register this facial expression and when they grow, they can be quite smiley leh..

ilovebabies... heehee.. Now all I wish is for her hair to grow longer faster so that she will look more girly.. Already bought her a nice looking outfit for her 1st birthday, so hoping that her hair will be much longer by then to look mei mei..
happy.gif

Smiley

hehe ok ok .. apply XO on her head ! haha

my rachel's hair grow too fast .. but my mum dun like her to have long hair cos she perspire a lot. But i have "ordered" my mum not to touch her hair till her 1st bday heeh

Back