(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB


Just wondering what is the age to be consider young to be a parents?

Sandy,

While this method work for you to a certain extend, but my advise is don't over do it. It will come to a point that since whatever he do won't work, he might just give up.

Like what others have said, have a good talk again, maybe this time, since you have a consellor for some advice on how to improve both your relationship and work out a win win solution that will work in a long run.

Can't remember who ask me if I am a daddy here, yap, think one of the few "weirdo" posting here.

Gerrard went for his jab the day before and was having fever, keep wanting ppl to carry yesterday. Fever have now gone down, hope he recover today.
 
Lok,
how do u define young ? Is 30 young? My HB cannot even be a responsible partner by sms me that he will not be home early or he is not coming back home ( going back to his mother's house)
 
Sandy,

I wouldn't define 30 as young as anymore. No strict definition but my gut feel is guys in their early 20s. Of cos there are always exceptions. Counselling is a good idea but see if your hubby is receptive to it.
 
liverpool,
why always me who initates talks? Do u know got 1 day as my HB & I was having lunch with our neighbour a drunkard come and touch my son and attempt to put fingers inside my son mouth. He touch his face and try to eat my son food ( my son eating BB biscuit). I was waiting for my HB to ACTION but he never do a single thing until i got so fared up. I shouted at the drunkard.
Shouldn't it be the other way round. I think our role really switch. He is MOTHER and I am the father..
 
sandy,

in the past, does he sms u everything to report to u?
sometimes it's just a simple "assume"
u assume he should auto sms u.
he assume he dun need to do tat
Assume is to make a ASS our of U and ME.

so why not just tell him straight that U WAN HIM TO SMS U?? or if he dun wan, at lesat understand why? the come to a mutual agree way.

on the part on him coming back after 10. understand he has a shop rite? maybe it's v difficult for him to always come hom on time. depends on factor like any customers ard??

or for a simple fact, if u noe tat he is always not able to make it home on time, why dun u just tabao some food on ur way home? then u will be able to have a dinner early rite? also save u a trip down with bb at a later timing?

sometimes there are alot of ways around it. but when the person is inside the story, they kind of get blinded by the situation.
 
sigh...

think for ur case, really need some professional help.

but both parties must be open n clean about it.
willing to listen to each other.
n not starting to say wat each other never do etc.
 
MTDT,
he never report to me everything last time because i told him all i need to know where he is can already.
Regard to taobo, i tried but simply cannot have dinner peacefully or have space for food. MY SIL occupied the dinning table with her 2 sons. And i really have to watch my son cos he fell off from bed before and now he is very "ITCH" hands.
I observe my HB business, at about 2030 or close to 2100 already not much crowd. He can close early even there is last min problem or have to really finish repair 1 comp; he can always use his BLOODLY hand pick up the phone and DIAL 9SANDY or 6HOME to inform. I have been telling him from the day we ROM. My expectation of him as a HB.
 
Noif,
then i must turn myself pretty 1st lor. hahaha.. ur method is wat i thot too. At least ur hubby realised and "turn a new life" hohoho

PM,
oh dear. Althot living with IL give problems but living out together is another set of issue.
There is always household issue, bb issue, $$ issue.

I hope urs will turn out well soon.

Z-lia,
i think most guys have the old thinking. haizzzz.

I am at home looking after kids today but MIL volunteer to take Janelle out so i only need to handle Julian
 
yah, I agree w YB, I oso trained hubby to take care of bb... oso he's willing to learn cos he's the paranoid kinda of person, whenever bb drinks little or show tiredness all day, he'll worry... but if he does good thing we need to make an effort to try to praise him for 'the help' too...

Sometimes if I'm tired in the morning on wkends, I'll js ask my hb to bathe for her... n he's okie w it js keep telling her that daddy will bathe 4 her. last sat, c wakes up quite early around 7am (i think) then hb wakes up carry her outside e rm n tells her dun distub mummy slping ok... so considerate... hehe

Housework: I think I would prefer to do it myself cos hb's way of doing still not upto my standard. I would still prefer he js do the cooking which is his hobby... however if I really got too many things to do, n hb is always sitting in front of the tv enjoying the show n keep telling me what's happening... I'll js tell him to shut-up n say "if u r enjoying the show n I'm doing housework here all day, would u pls jolly well keep ur mouth shut..." then he'll js laugh @ me, saying "u this gal..."

Normally if I buy things for Charlene gal, my hb will automatically take out his money to pay unless I buy it during my office lunch hours... if it's during his office lunch hrs, he go walk, walk, he'll oso buy some clothes 4 her (he works in novena sq office building)...

quarrel: there's once during my maternity leave, we oso had a big quarrel... then I shut myself in e room, he keep knocking on the door, keep watching out the window (cos I ever breakdown till I nearly jump down e building, he's e one to stop me in time)... but I js ignore him till an hour later he oso tired liao, js sit there watch tv...
 
Spoilt the kids with clothes - i dun agree with this. I dun think the bb will know if he/she is wearing branded or those pasi malam clothes. It is the same to them.
 
hong - true....
then my mum will say: since they dun noe, wat for waste $ to buy the branded clothes...

actually it's more becos of the kids "vain" parents! hahhaa
 
but clothes dun have to be branded as long as it's nice... what I mean is he's willing to make effort to look at bb stuffs... even books...
 
agree... dun hv to be branded as long as it's nice.

for my case i hv tons of hand me down... (2 nephews) so i really dun buy clohtes unless it's really special/nice. or those branded tat are really cheap. :p

we also set weekends morning as "daddy's time"
so hubby will take care of bb n let me sleep longer. (since most of the time he dun need to do nite duty) typically, he is capable of bathing, changin diaper, etc.
 
Well, Sandy, that is because only you are in this forum, that is why I ask you to initates the talk. There is no right or wrong on who initates the talk, and lets not be so calculative on what initates 1st. We are here to advise and help to savage the relationship. Important thing is 1 one party must 1st take the 1st step forward while the other party follow thru.

Well, I guess some mummies would than refer to the book "Men are from Mars, while Woman are from Venus", that woman just want a listening ear and not solutions......

I think the key really is heart to heart communication. Give and take abit on each other doing if it is not life threating. There will be differences along the way, but a compromise can always be reach.
 
when my hb sleeps..he is like a 'dead pig' hahaha...but he oso poor thing lah...weekdays go work wake up early liao 5plus 6am...then weekend he oso cant sleep late..cos ian wakes up..and he will wake up too..cos ian will make so much noise...unless i brought him out of the room..or go dnstairs makan..then he can use that hr to sleep..hehehe
 
MTDT,
I also have some cheap and nice clothes. Very hard to get nice clothes for boys.

My hubby is 2nd time daddy. If he still doesnt know how to bath, change diaper and make milk then i can send him back to IL and ask for "refund".
 
Wow Primetime Morning at Motherhood forum!

Some of ur posts are really funny! Cant help laughing as im reading
kao_biggrin.gif


dsii
at least ur hb wakes up when ian makes noise, mine will go back to sleep even when i use Gillian legs to 'kick' his face...hahaha...haiz so weekends i cant sleep late too

ya agree with MTDT, nowadays i learnt to tell my hb SPECIFICALLY what i wld like him to do, really save all d unnecessary quarrel n unhappiness

but...sometimes after u train them to remember to do B,they will forget to do A then gotta start all over agn...tiring
 
Good Morning,

OC, PEachsorbet, PM, Hong
I stay with my PIL, so me "Fa Xin" go out late at nite cos they will take care of the kids..but anyway, my kids sleep early and sleep thru the nite so dont really need them to take care lo!

Agreed with Sandy, man needs to let him lose somehtings then he will know how to treasure...hee!

Just like my hubby, he feel tat he gg to lose me soon so he start to gan cheong and treasure me.

At times if i go back late at nite, he keep sms me ask me wat time i reach home...keep checking me lo :p Well, at least now he super concern about me not like last time dont even bother to call or ask me...so I really feel heart warming lo! Just like back to courtship tat time man :p haha..

Anway, Tat time when me got problem with hubby, my PIL also can sense it because all the while me guai guai de ma, after work will rush back home, seldom go out at nite..but when i did tat pretty often they scold my hubby....scold him if he continue go out late at nite with friends and dont accompany he gg to lose me soon....
 
noif
hahhaa...u lucky woman loh...i think ur tactics cannot use on me..hahaha...cos hb super 'fan xin' me go out with frens..hahahahaa....u all know what i mean lah...pengz!!
 
OC

oh, ur statement on teach B forget A is soooooo true!!!

wow, i really fume man!!!

then my dear hubby will say: never remind me!
faint

hahaa
 
hey gals.... let's talk abt our favourite topic!

ONLINE SHOPPING!!!!!

I wan to order stuff from Jshopper.
anyone wan to lobang??

i am limiting to 9999yen only.
so first come first serve ok.
happy.gif


collection
1) punggol
2) somerset (weekdays lunch)
3) TPY (sat afternoon)
4) Mail
5) if in time, at YB's house gathering.

www.jshoppers.com
 
hi OC,

Got gathering next month?when & where? seldom log in nowadays..doesnt know about it.u ve my contact no?can sms me few days b4 the gathering?
 
PM
Aiyo dun think urself as "ah soh" leh, u still so young! I can understand cos me n hb also first time parent n taking care of bb all by ourselves without extra help...it's really quite demanding due to all d new roles n responsibilities that comes along.

It's good that ur hb is starting to learn to do hsework n take care of E already. I also dun dare to complain abt being tired from taking care of bb too much then he will also say get a maid lor! Or worst still ask his mum to move over n stay which i rather not so bo bian i cant grumble :p Sounds a bit geh kiang not to ask for help right? But i forsee other problems if MIL move to my place which he doesn't "see", so i rather once awhile bring bb back to PIL's hse then we take a break dats all.

Reminds me...gotta 'train' my hb to wash d milk bottles, funny thing is he will help to clear n bring it to d sink but will just leave it there. So wat? Expect d bottle to auto "shower n clean" itself is it?? donch understand...
 
Hi Mummies,
I used to be in the August forum. My boy is born on 30 Jul.

I have this problem. I cooked porridge for my boy yesterday. I just add minced meat into the porridge, no salt, nothing added. My boy rejects the porridge. He has been taking rice cereals all the while and he loves it, but not the porridge
sad.gif


May I know what do u add in the porridge? Do we really need to add a little salt? or is the minced meat to blend? Mummies,pls advice.
 
OC - hahha!!!
ask ur hubby: where is the dish washer??? hahha

last time we also got quarrel before. he everything also say dunno how to do etc.

then i fedup, say, i am also a 1st time mummy. everyone needs to learn n start somewhere! he is a new daddy, i also a new mummy.
then he diam.. then guai guai learn everything. :p

but the problem now is my son's preferences.
he still refuse to let my hubby feed him... or rock him to sleep. cry until like kenna torture.
so boh bian... :p
 
dino - wow, so fast introduce meat already??

anyway, NEVER add salt or soy sauce to the porridge. their kidney is not strong enough for tat yet.

reject -
1)maybe it's not reject, but since it's a new texture, he is 'playing' with it. not use to it.

2) are the porridge too big? like teochew muay kind? or the soft soft like the cantonese kind? at our bb's age, they are "swollowing" food. so cant be too big or hard.

3) or just preferences.
my boy will eat my mom's porridge. but when i cook at home for him, he dun like to eat.
sad.gif
no give face. but i realise tat i cannot get the kind of texture as my mom. (my tends to get v watery). so need to improve on my cooking. :p

suggest why dun add veg like spinach, carrot etc.
rem reading somewhere dun intro meat till 1yr old??
 
mummies,
anyone use before LOREAL stretchmark corrector? Good or not ?
HB: haiz.. man tend to certain self-centered nature after all most men are DA NAN REN...
 
MTDT
when i ask him he will say "i will wash later", everything also 'later', ends up he always forget then d milk bottle from last feed of d day will be there in d sink to "greet' me in d morning

ya dats a good one, both first time parent so no excuse!

will check out d website n let u know if i wan anything, thanks!

joykel,
d gathering's on 10th feb at YB's hse in hougang, ok sure sms u nearer to date
 
mtdt
that time i saw this clothing at jshopper leh..like kinomobut for boys lah...but dun seem to find it on the web liao leh...
 
dino..minced meat? issit nuay nuay one..if not have to chew the meat...bb how to swallow?? as for me i used 'ba tou (meat head)' boil with water..then add rice to boil till porridge nuay nuay loh...no salt ..no soy sauce..now using carrot and potatoe to cook porridge..think a bit bland..so he also dun really like to eat porrisge..hahahaa
 
mtdt
wahlau..really ah??? that time ian only 1-2 mths..so tot maybe later can buy...now..buy in my dreams lah...hahahhaa..i go check out the link...when u need us to inform u our orders? i go see haven anything to buy bo...now abit tight ah!!! hahaha
 
Hi mummies,
Thanks for your input.
Dsiitan,
yes, i cook till very nuay nuay, the minced meat is scattered, not in a lump.
MTDT,
Oh, i didnt know babies cant eat meat yet. Hmm.. Probably i will just add carrot nxt time.

I agree with some of you. Hubby is Da Nan Ren. My hb dun wash milk bottles, change diaper, dun even bother when the milk powder/diapers going to finish too. So it's me who is worrying all these stuff. Hb only knows how to play with bb.
sad.gif
 
liverpool
aiyo...u must get used mah..u saw the topics for this thread??? july 2006 MTB that means...99% mummies will visit this thread..and meaning that we will complain and grumble abt hbs and that means MEN...hahahhaa...so u must open 1 eye close 1 eye
 
liverpool
wah..so fast master close 2 eyes har?? hehehhe..hmm...at least we think we are perfect bah...just like SOME men think they are flawless too..hehehhee...see? i mentioned some..not all...hehehhe....aiya...mummies just wanna let out their unhappiness over here..just let it be lah...
 
Liverpool,
Haa..haa...too bad lor, u r the only daddy around...mayb ur wife feels the same way as we too, but cos she knows u frequnt tis forum so dun dare to say anything? :p
 
Well, that is because I know that is not the truth that is being put across. While I must admit that there are quite a handful, but at the same time, there are also daddies who can handle babies just as well, if not better.
 
dsii - i aim to order by next mon.
delivery will takes abt 5-6days.

brambles - can... PM me ur orders.

Eeyore - wow!!! power leh. u even bother to hang them :p my boy hv 4 drawers full of clothes too. (this is after i clear away a whole chunk of newborn/0-3 mths old clothes!!
think more than me liao.

liverpool - hahaha!! get use to it lah.
but hor, sometimes i also feel it's WOMAN who choose to "sayang" their hubby. by letting them be when they dun do anything. :p

like i said, both of us are 1st time parents. why i can do it but not man leh? i ask my hubby once, if u watever also dunno. if one day i meet an accident n die, then our son how?? give to my mom to take care huh? so u as a daddy is hopeless rite?? again he diam diam. hahahha
 


Hey Liverpool,

My hubby is one nice guy who knows how to take care of baby. During my confinement month, he was the one who bath her everyday. Sterilise milk bottles for me and did most of the housework.After confinement, he taught me how to bath baby and sterilise milk bottle leh.. :p He is better in changing diaper than me. I appreciate what he did after I started doing more stuff... Nowadays, he still help me out. So, I always look forward to having him back when he goes overseas. Then again, sometimes, when we quarrel, I say otherwise... Hee
 

Back
Top