(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Btw dsii d 12 mths one is what hah? Think tmr d missy might schedule a 9 mth assessment appt for him cos dats for my case. Then after dat is 15th mth MMR jab so i dun have 12 mth one. But we diff pkg so im just checking...
 


YB,
I started him on bananas this week...am thinking it's the cause of his constipation....coz he was ok before while he was on cereals and sweet potato leh.
 
back! bb cait still not going to sleep... i thought hb awake but he fell back asleep... Anyway i read in the above post regarding dressing up our bbs...
Our perception is that bb do not know anything at this point in time however, every move or action we do, they pick it up really quickly. Don't think that by dressing them up with branded clothes now doesnt hurt them in any way but in fact we are horning them towards being conscious about their appearances.

Another thing to be wary about is the rewarding of our children when they do well in studies or whatsoever. I learnt in my psy class that parents should not encourage that as children will have the perception that they have to work hard for that material gds and not for the sake of their own future. hence the materialistic children...
happy.gif
 
Hi Jul,
Bananas doesn't caused constipation leh...however, sweet potatos do.

Hi Hong,
I remembered u told me about the 9mth free assessment at polyclinic. Can I just go in anytime or have to make appt? My gal has been taking her 6-in-1 jab from GP all along. And the next jab will be at 15 mth.
 
Hi mummies,
I just weigh my gal. She's 7kg at 6mths plus. In the 50th percentile. But my mum told me not to feed her too much food cos my gal looks very round. How?
 
YB,

50th percentile is just normal... As long as bb is hungry, can give her milk/food. My girl should be 7kg now... at 6months exactly she was like 6.9kg... but i find her so skinny and hope she eats more... but she refused to eat more so i don't force her. Anyway as long as she is healthy, active and alert, that's the most impt.
 
Hi Jul,
I read that bananas and apples cause constipation if fed too much...give your bb more fluid e.g.water or juices. Gerber has prune juices or organics ones are good too.But remember to dilute the juices.

Dsii,
I brought Ryan for his HepB jab on last thursday. Doc said to bring him for chickenpox jab in his 14 months and MMR on 15 months of age. Never mentioned about jab for 12 months unless pueumocaccol jab??(1yr old 2 jabs cost around $300...ex!!!! but think will do it). Ryan weighs 9.098kg and 73cm long. PD said ok to feed brown rice cos it is more nutritious than white rice but of course depends on individual babies.
 
wah...all so late and blessings so early on a weekend?? hjahaha..actually me woke up at 6am too..but busy with ian loh..hahahaha....today ian going to hv hep B then 9th mth assessment...then 12 mths..but forgot 12 mth inject wat liao...must refer to health book..hehehe...ok mummies...im going off liao..see ya later
 
Hi,
Back from Hep B jab.

YB, my PD says banana doesn't help with pooing. in fact cause constipation. guess different babies' systems repond to the foods differently. K was ok with sweet potato.

OC, oh...i see. I always see mummies posting MMR but dunno what it is...thanks!

Blessings, got 2 bottles of gerber prune juice. will feed K later when he wakes up from his nap. My PD mentioned that 12mths is for chickenpox...guess your PD prefer to do it at 14mths. wow! Ryan is very tall! Keagan only 69cm and 8.9kg.
 
Hi all!

What's this Hep B jab all about? I only brought cait for 6 in 1 jab, pneumocaccol jab n rotavirus.. is the Hep B in the 6in1 jab?
 
Hi mummies!

ylc, u brought your bb for pneumocaccol jab already? how did you pay for one jab? So your bb must go for 3 more jabs is it?
 
hi Jul,
Hmm....12 months for chickenpox jab? I think 12 months is good also rather than 14mos for chickenpox and 15 mos for MMR....will call and ask my PD if she is ok abt it.

hi ylc,
6-in-1 shld have hepB inside already...check with yr PD.
 
Feb Gathering
Location: YB's Lovenest at Hougang
Date: 10 Feb 2007 (Sat)
Time: 1230 onwards

1) dsiitan - loveletters
2) Yenny
3) MTDT (12 - 2pm)
4) Sandy (12.30/1pm)
5) OC (after 3pm)
6) Zita (after 3pm)
7) PM (To be cfm)
8) Pooh (bring elder gal)
9) Hong
10)Z-Lia
11)Evelyn (bring elder gal)
12)nitegal
13)JP
14)Lok
15)Zoe
16)peachsorbet (to be cfm)
17)Kin (after 5pm)
18)Juronggal
19)Poppy (to br cfm)
20)eeyore (hb not gg)
21)Fai (ard 3pm)

forgot who will bring BA KUA liao...i will bring loveletters..hehehe
 
Feb Gathering
Location: YB's Lovenest at Hougang
Date: 10 Feb 2007 (Sat)
Time: 1230 onwards

1) dsiitan - loveletters
2) Yenny
3) MTDT (12 - 2pm)
4) Sandy (12.30/1pm)
5) OC (after 3pm)
6) Zita (after 3pm)
7) PM (To be cfm)
8) Pooh (bring elder gal)
9) Hong
10)Z-Lia(3pm) - pineapple su1
11)Evelyn (bring elder gal)
12)nitegal
13)JP
14)Lok
15)Zoe
16)peachsorbet (to be cfm)
17)Kin (after 5pm)
18)Juronggal
19)Poppy (to br cfm)
20)eeyore (hb not gg)
21)Fai (ard 3pm)
 
Feb Gathering
Location: YB's Lovenest at Hougang
Date: 10 Feb 2007 (Sat)
Time: 1230 onwards

1) dsiitan - loveletters
2) Yenny
3) MTDT (12 - 2pm)
4) Sandy (12.30/1pm)
5) OC (after 3pm)
6) Zita (after 3pm)
7) PM (to be cfm)
8) Pooh (bring elder gal)
9) Hong
10) Z-Lia (3pm) - pineapple tarts
11) Evelyn (bring elder gal)
12) nitegal - bak gua
13) JP
14) Lok
15) Zoe
16) peachsorbet (to be cfm)
17) Kin (after 5pm)
18) Juronggal
19) Poppy (to be cfm)
20) eeyore
21) Fai (ard 3pm)
22) Lala (to be cfm)
23) Mezzo (to be cfm)

Hi mummies,
I just let my hubby see the list. Haa..haa..his eyes open BIG BIG! Think he got a shock! He asks me if I mentioned to u all tat our hse is only a 4-rm flat. Hee..hee..told him u all dun mind sitting on the floor mah...

But got another prob, I only have 1 playmat. Dun think enough to put all babies there. Think have to borrow other playmats liao.
happy.gif
 
Feb Gathering
Location: YB's Lovenest at Hougang
Date: 10 Feb 2007 (Sat)
Time: 1230 onwards

1) dsiitan - loveletters
2) Yenny - (dried prawn roll, hei bee hiam)
3) MTDT (12 - 2pm)
4) Sandy (12.30/1pm)
5) OC (after 3pm)
6) Zita (after 3pm)
7) PM (To be cfm)
8) Pooh (bring elder gal)
9) Hong
10)Z-Lia(3pm) - pineapple su1
11)Evelyn (bring elder gal)
12)nitegal
13)JP
14)Lok
15)Zoe
16)peachsorbet (to be cfm)
17)Kin (after 5pm)
18)Juronggal
19)Poppy (to br cfm)
20)eeyore (hb not gg)
21)Fai (ard 3pm)
 
Hi mummies, just to check. I started Max on Stage two recently (alternate feed) and find that his stool now is hard. Is it constipation?
 
Hi Julie,
My gal is currently on Stage 2 Similac. Her stools also become harder. Diff from last time pasty-like stook. Think also cos they're taking semi-solid food now. As long as Max poo regularly & doesn't strain during pooing, should b alright.

Updated...
Location: YB's Lovenest at Hougang
Date: 10 Feb 2007 (Sat)
Time: 1230 onwards

1) dsiitan - loveletters
2) Yenny - dried prawn roll, hei bee hiam
3) MTDT (12 - 2pm)
4) Sandy (12.30/1pm)
5) OC (after 3pm)
6) Zita (after 3pm)
7) PM (to be cfm)
8) Pooh (bring elder gal)
9) Hong
10) Z-Lia (3pm) - pineapple tarts
11) Evelyn (bring elder gal)
12) nitegal - bak gua
13) JP
14) Lok
15) Zoe
16) peachsorbet (to be cfm)
17) Kin (after 5pm)
18) Juronggal
19) Poppy (to be cfm)
20) eeyore
21) Fai (ard 3pm)
22) Lala (to be cfm)
23) Mezzo (to be cfm)
 
oh my... now i know what to look out for when i start my cait on semi-solids.
Cait is on full bm so her poo is so watery. after starting on cereals, her poo is paste like.
i have a question... how much cereal is she suppose to take per day? i gave her like 1 tablespoon rice cereal + a little bit brown rice + carrots mixed with BM. When is she suppose to take stage 2 food?
 
Hi Mummies,
Check with you, does teething gel aids in relieving the pain from teething as saw a tiny white sprout on the lower right gum. If yes, what brand will you all recommend?
 
Hi Mezzo,
Yes, teething gel helps to numb the gums & relieve the soreness of teething...u can get Detinox teething gel from Guardian.

U feel the white spot on the gum got sharp edges? Normally, the 1st tooth will start at lower center gum. Last time my gal has white spot on lower right gum for a mth. I felt it with my fingers & it feel hard & a little sharp. However after checking wif GP, he said not teething. Just a spot on the gum. Surprisingly, the spot disappeared suddenly.
 
Hi ylc,
Currently, I'm giving my gal brown rice once a day. On alternate days, I'll give her banana cereal. In between her feed & solids, I'll also let her try some new food. But she'll only take a few spoonful.

Think once ur gal is used to her semi-solid, can slowly increase the qty, freq & variety.
 
YB,
I make appt last time but hor still make me wait for hr leh. Arghhh.. so i think u can walk in else call and check okay.

It is ok to go polyclinic for the 9th month assessment. Dun worry i did that last time but i dun think i will bring Julian for the assessment. They make me wait too long last rd.

Tell ur hubby my place also 4 room flat also can squeeze in all the mummies.
 
YB,

u mean it is normal if bb stool is hard? My girl's is still soft but notice that the colour is now dark green. Not sure if this is normal though.
 
Hi gals,

You can try getting those juices for baby in NTUC/Supermarket. It help in softening the stools. Gerrard have started on solid for about a month, but so far, we always give him juices on n off and the stools are kinda soft and help prevent constipation.

At the same time, all of Gerrard milk have been added with cereal.

Went to JB Holiday Plaza with Gerrard and wifeyesterday, wife went to dye her hair there. While I bring Gerrard around, wau lau, ppl see me like weirdo like that, how come got a guy pushing a baby around. I feed Gerrard milk alone at the McDonald also got ppl stare at me....sianz.....
 
liverpool, mabbe ppl stare at you not becos they think you're a weirdo? mabbe cos they think it's so nice seeing a guy helpint to take care of a baby? =)

these days i've only been pumping once a day.. and my pumping time has decreased also. cos ive been so tired, esp with work. i feel so angry with myself...like...pump less bcos of work. i mean..becos of WORK?? doesnt feel like it's worth it. i'll just give her all the bm that i have now. when it's finally not enough, then i'll start supplementing with fm.

re:semi solids
There was only one day that Germayn was ok with taking her brown rice cereal. Now, she really hates taking her cereals/porridge. So sad. everytime when she sees a spoon go near her, she'll start crying.
 
Liverpool..i agree wif z-lia, my hubby never carry or feed my gal outside or in front of his parent, cause he will feel like small man : ( so envy yr wife.

These few days i am down with cold..still need to takecare of my gal..oso not enough rest..!

Mummies if the flu virus is past to me by my gal...then now i takecare of her, will she catch cold again? i veri scare cause she juz recover..

N hor i wan vent my anger here,haha ..I loss my hp last week, bought a new one and the hp is mute(they give me a faulty HP)..ask for exchange cause only 1day old..the service provider say they cancel the 7days exchange programme policy liao...ask me send to repair@#@$@% best part no doc stated that i cant exchange within 7days..n i bought from the main outlet..not dealer....super suay right?

YB...u collected yr cloths already? alots of thing happen forgot to ask u or my coll : )
 
Hi Hong,
So Julian will miss his 9mth assessment? I'm still thinking if it's necessary to take the trouble waiting in polyclinic for assessment. Can we just follow the health booklet criteria & judge for ourselves?

Last time not so many mummies go ur hse leh..but this time a big grp, so my hubby concern. Aiya, but nvrmind lah..we all very ching chai hor...

Hi Fai,
It's not normal if ur bb's stool is hard & very hard to pass out. However, cos our bb is taking semi-solid now, it's normal if the stool change from pasty texture to more like human stool (but still soft & easy enough for bb to pass out).
 
Hi Liverpool,
At least ppl only stare at u. Everytime when I bring Kaylyn to the neighbourhood stores alone, SURE got aunties come & criticise me..sigh...i.e. when I go NTUC, got 1 auntie scold me y I let my gal wear sleeveless cos NTUC is cold. Then when I put her in sling, got aunties ask me looks like my gal very uncomfy, will she suffocate. *&%$!

Then last week I push my gal in pram & went to neighbourhood stores wif my friend. The store is very small, so cannot push pram in. I asked my friend to stand outside with Kaylyn for a while, while I go inside the store. Then got 1 stupid auntie criticise me say nowadays young mummies very jia lat.. busy shopping then throw bb outside the store. Wait strangers come & snatch bb away. Sigh...my friend told her she's there wif bb looking out for her, but tat stupid auntie keep nagging...really feel like killing her..sigh...
 
Hi zita,
Y like tat? They give u faulty HP leh...not u damage one...somemore only 1 day old.

Ya, collected my clothes long long time ago. thx for arranging wif ur friend.
 
YB,

You should tell them off. Why in the hell they not taking care of their grandson or kids and shopping outside without them, tell them they are even worse. At the same time, tell them to shut up and mind their own business, or can query them izzit their son n daughter torture them, ask them come out buy things while they rest at home. Comment how poor thing and how jia liat their kids are.
 
YB, the way you described your encounters with those aunties so funny... If it's not constructive remarks, just ignore them lah. I also bring my gal to NTUC and sometimes, she wears sleeveless. So far, nobody comment anything.

Ylc, paiseh, the block 51 I'm referring to is at Commonwealth :p
 
Fai, how is your gal now? Which FM is she taking? Yesterday, I gave my gal drink Enfapro for the first time. So far so good.
 
Regarding immunisation for bb, I will most probably be bringing her to PD at 12 months to take chickenpox and prevenar. 15 months to take MMR.
 
Hi All,
A quickie.... I still don't have internet at home . Am at a friend's place and have a few minutes to jump online. Sorry if I miss anything addressed to me. This is what I managed to catch....

Little Twin Stars, 2 girl bibs. Order noted

Lala,
I think your order of 1 bib was noted while I was still in London. But I'll check when I get home.

Nite Gal,
Yes I'm from RJC. '95. What's your real name? Might be easier if you PM me as I don't think I'll be able to go thru every post the next time I have a chance to be online.

BIBS
I haven't received them yet. Will let you know soon as I have them.
 
YB,
why so ke lian? Ignore those San gu lui po.
I didnt really follow the booklet for the assessment. I think one of the assessment PD did it earlier.

My PD is a very neat doctor. Very good handwriting. My ger booklet is so neat with all the record but the stupid nurses from the polyclinic make a mess of it and dun know wat they wrote on her book.

Liverpool,
everyone stare at u cos u are a rare daddy. hahaha..
 
Hong,

In life, everything must have a "balance" the nurse is there to mess ur the writing in case doc write wrongly and it is seen clearly. LOLz....

I not rare there, there are many daddy out there who could do what I did. No big deal.
 
Liverpool,
I dun need that "balance". hee..

In malaysia will be quite rare. I dun really see men doing that.
 
Hi Liverpool,
I dun understand lor...if hubby is around, nobody dares to even look at us, much less criticise me about my gal. But everytime I take my gal out alone, definitely got old aunties comment me lor...sigh..

Aiyah, I'm not like those old hags lah & I refuses to stoop to their level & go around scolding at strangers. Anyway, I also dun wanna waste my saliva at them. I just walk away lor.

Guess these old aunties are really lonely & had nobody to talk to...The more I response to them, the more they like.

Mayb I have an innocent face? :p Tat's y ppl think can bully me..
sad.gif
 
Liverpool,
U very funni leh...haa..haa...didn't know medical reports also got 'balancing'..haa..haa..I thought only accounts needs 'balance'.

Hi Hong,
So not really compulsory to c doc for assessment arh? If I follow the health booklet & observe my gal, also okay?
 



Back
Top