(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

hi NOIF,
same here! feel hungry will want to vomit, but so far nothing come out yet, but it feelslike motion sicknes, the feeling just won't go away.

Does anyone have any idea about adjusting of EDD? My gynae adjusted my EDD to 4 days later after measuring the length of the baby. But I count by the date of conception, it shouldn't be 4 days later. Does it mean my baby is growing too slowly? My baby seems a little small in comparison to some of yours. At 7w5d, it was only 13.4mm. 7w5d is the EDD after adjustment. According to date of conception, it should be 8w1d. I know it is a matter of few mm difference, but does anyone know if it is a concern?

Jasline Tan,
At times i will craving for tom yam soup, if u did not face heartburn promblem, should be ok to take i think.

Anyway, at times i will take tom yam soup and sour stuffs. Never hear cannot eat sour and hot stuff in 1st trimester leh.

Decimal,
My EDD also adjusted after they scan my baby. At first is 14/7, after scan adjust to 12/7. As long as baby growing think will be ok. Dont worry too much..

Hi gals,
How is everyone feeling. Hope everyone is in good health.

By the way, notice that alot of forum mention heartburn problem. Can anyone explain in laymen terms to me ?

Thanks

Hi gals,
How is everyone feeling. Hope everyone is in good health.

By the way, notice that alot of forum mention heartburn problem. Can anyone explain in laymen terms to me ?

Thanks

Hi morning all,

Wow some of you gals actually know the size of your bb now? I am rather clueless..all I saw the last time I scanned was a little cute flickering.

I had a bad tummy ache yesterday after eating a heavy lunch and had two spoonful of chendol. My sister said its the chendol cos its too cooling...thats scary.

My EDD is early July..i think 4th July. This week going 8th week..I'm quite worried now cos I heard this is the critical period...

may,
may be try not to take anything with uncooked coconut milk. That could be the cos of ur tummy ache.

U still have tummy ache now?

Decimal,
i think 4 days doesnt make a lot much diff. As long as ur baby is deliver at the mature months n all organs are well develop.

Thanks, I should think the length doesn't really matter too, some people born on the same day are different in height too. Just paranoid because of previous bad experience. I am just afraid sometimes it will suddenly stop growing.

Hi everyone,
So happy I just found out I'm preggie last weekend.
happy.gif
Hope you all can share with me yr experiences...... think I'm 5~6 weeks now...., will see the gynea next weekend. Can anyone share with me what's yr consultation charge by the gynea? and any good gynea to recommend?
Tks

Sheena,

if u read my previous posts, u'll know that i'm having very bad MS, not only morning, it's whole day sickness! Sometimes i just feel like giving up...this is my 2nd preg, my 1st one was a breeze, this one so different..

Hi Sheena,

I am also week 8 going week 9..still suffering from serious vomitting...everyday..from morn till evening..how;s yours??

Wanli,

congrats! Which gynae do u have in mind?
I went to Dr Yeo but we wasnt comfortable with him so will change to Dr Lawrence Ang. Both of them in TMC.

Hey, Sleepy garfield,
I'm still having v serious MS too. Vomitting the whole day and even in the middle of the night, regardless of what I eat or don't eat. The heartburn is excessive too! NOthing helps now, so we just have to "dong". don't give up...

Thanks Hong,
I'm thinking of Joycelyn Wong from TMC too, any comments? I prefer female gynea loh.... Any idea for Dr Lawrance Ang consultation charge?

Gals, I m feeling terrible also. Dunno what's wrong. I was extremely ok from thurs to sat. But sun & today I feel damn terrible. Want to puke but juz can't puke. then hb ask me whether did i eat wrong food. i kept thinking no leh except i didn't took folic acid on thurs to sat & took on sun only. but can't be folic acid that cause me to puke right???

wanli,

No idea abt joycelyn Wong. Ur frd recommended u?
I'm not sure abt his charges but shldnt be too ex. His packages started in 12 weeks if i am not wrong and cost $550 with vits + scan.

Usually detailed scan and blood test is not inclusive in the package.

How abt the rest of the MTBs?

BTW, anyone of u interested to purchase maternity clothes over the net? I was thinking of ordering over US sites.

My gynae is Dr SC Chew,at Mt E, #17. He delivers at Mt E only but he is v good and gentle doctor.He delivered my no. 1 too.He package charges about $1900+( I think, not so sure) for normal Delivery and $2000+ for C section.All inclusive of scan and consultation.(which can really cost a lot if not in package)

Hi HOng,

Tks for ur advice. My tummy feels ok now...i must really really watch what I eat now..and I should not eat too much also as I understand that preggies tend to have poorer digestion.

Hi Dear Dear,

I suggest you should remember to take your folic acid everyday cos this is a critical period esp during the first three months. In fact i read that folic acid should be taken even before you are pregnant. Do we shall all make a pt to remember ya?

Hi, copy this from some other thread.
happy.gif

<font color="red">You are 5 Weeks Pregnant! </font>
(Counting from the first day of your last menstrual period)

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOU

Your body is working overtime to produce a special new life. You may feel exhausted and unusually cranky. Of course, running to the bathroom every few minutes doesn't help. This is due to your increased metabolism and growing uterus. Your breasts may be particularly tender now and you may find that sleeping in a sports bra helps. Don't worry, breast growth will slow within the next three weeks.

WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

During the next few days, your baby's heart will start early contractions, which later become distinct beats. By the end of the third week of gestation (five weeks in menstrual age) the length of the embryo is about 1.5 to 2 millimeters long. All of your baby's major organs are under development, and facial features, such as ears and eyes, begin to form. The neural tube, which will later be referred to as the spinal cord, will fuse this week. And buds appear that will soon be the arms and legs. No wonder you are so tired!

<font color="red">You are 6 Weeks Pregnant! </font>

Feeling positively ill? Does the smell of coffee make you want to dash for the bathroom? If so, it sounds like morning sickness. Nausea affects one third to one half of all pregnant women and usually abates by the start of the second trimester. It may be caused by a higher level of estrogen, as well as the rapid expansion of the uterus. But wait, there is some good news: Studies show that morning sickness may be related to a slightly lower risk of miscarriage. (Please don't worry if you are feeling perfectly fine. Count your blessings!)

Your baby's length is now about 3 to 5 millimeters -- about the size of a peppercorn! The brain is forming three separate parts: the forebrain (memory and reasoning), the midbrain (translates messages from the brain to organs and limbs) and the hindbrain (regulates breathing and muscle movement). At this point the embryo is now three-dimensional and completely enclosed in the amniotic sac.

Your baby's heart is now beating and blood circulation is evident. The kidneys and liver are growing fast, and the neural tube, which connects the brain with the spinal cord, closes.

The placenta is rapidly developing, however, it will not take over hormone production until about week 12.

<font color="red">You are 7 Weeks Pregnant! </font>

Rapid acceleration of hormones can cause your face to break out. Wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleaner and drink plenty of water. If you are taking vitamin B6 to help with nausea, you may find it also improves the condition of your skin.

Your waist may already be expanding, causing your clothes to feel snug. You may experience constipation and have occasional bouts of indigestion. Some women also feel a bit dizzy or lightheaded at times. (Of course, any persistent symptoms that concern you should be immediately reported to your practitioner.)

Your baby-to-be is the size of a small bean, measuring in at approximately 9 to 11 millimeters, crown to rump. Dark spots, mark the early formation of the eyes. Pits indicate the formation of nostrils and ears. Your baby's brain is developing rapidly, and limbs and facial characteristics are now forming. Your baby's heart now has a right and left chamber. An ultrasound may be able to detect heart motion. The esophagus and trachea are changing and differentiating into separate tubes, with lungs positioned on either side.

<font color="red">You are 8 Weeks Pregnant! </font>

Are you feeling a bit bloated? Indigestion and bloating are common complaints of pregnancy. A slowed digestive process causes these symptoms and allows your bloodstream to better absorb nutrients that are then passed on to your baby. You may find relief from wearing loose-fitting clothes, eating small, frequent meals, chewing your food thoroughly and avoiding high fat foods.

No matter how uncomfortable these sensations are for you, rest assured that your baby is oblivious to your pain. As long as it doesn't affect your ability to eat healthy meals, your discomfort may be a nuisance, but it is harmless.

Your baby's head is quite big, due to the rapid growth of the brain. The upper limbs resemble paddles. Your baby-to-be's heart begins to separate into four chambers, and blood is circulating throughout the body. Intestines form within the umbilical cord, but will later migrate back into the abdominal cavity. In the next few days, foot plates, with the beginnings of toe rays, will appear. The external ears are now present. Your baby is now 10 to 13 millimeters long -- about the size of a cherry. The cells that will become either testes or ovaries arrive, but there is no obvious sign of gender yet. Muscle contractions are beginning, but these early "movements" are not yet perceptible.

skyblue,
thanks!

wanli,
thanks on the information.

May,
I also forget to bring my folic acid again.. haizzz..

Kin,
wah is urs package? look quite ex.
How old is ur 1st child now?

hi Hong,
will let you know exact cost after i confirm with my doc. I know dr Chew is a bit more costly but he is quite a senior doctor and he is those few docstors who do 3D scanning. His scanning is detailed and if I were to see him without the package, will run to $100 each scan.His package include the detailed long scan during the 20 wk time which i think in some doc's packages is not included. this fri, when i see doc, will ask for you. My no. 1 is 3 yrs old.

Hi...
R u all working also? Me sometime feels very tired and can't really sleep at night too then somemore i think i got stomach flu too... got alot of wind inside my stomach.
Sometime feel okie but sometime really r bad till i can't even go to work also. Don't know whether is there anything that can help us stop those MS. Should be WDS (Whole Day Sickness)... keke

hi,

I nearly had a fall just now when walking. The thrust forwrad and the impact was quite great. Feel kind of worried if it will affect the baby or not. There is no bleeding now but not sure if it's my imagination, but my vagina there feels veru slight discomfort..

anyone ever had such experience to share?

hong,
I miscarried last year and took almost a year to conceive this baby, so I am very alert/paranoid about any little thing. I havn't told both sides of the family yet, really in case of anything.

Today's visit measures my baby at 25.3mm, very glad, if you read my previous post about small baby! Probably I am making too much of the length of the baby. My yolk sac is 6mm, that's a little worrying for me. Gynae says anything more than 6mm is not good-pregnancy may fail. Any advice?

I seem to be obsessed with figures. First it's progesterone and HcG level, then it's fetal length, and the latest yolk sac! oh my... maybe that's a occupational hazard-reading into data. But I certainly hope it is no big issue!

Hi may,
I'm MTB from March 06, happen to come across this thread.
Think you should go and see your gynae, me have a few slight falls during these few months also, my gynae advise me to see him whenever i have a fall, even if there's no pain cos you never know.
Just to let you have a peace of mind also...
Do take care...

kin,
no wonder Dr Chew charges so much. Anyway if u enjoyed 3D scan be it. This time rd i wanna save cost so i can do without the 3D scan.

Sheena,
Me working! Stomach flu! Must be careful then. Watch out for the food u eat! Do sour food help u to stop MS? U can try sour fruit like lemon or lime?

May,
if u dun feel comfortable it is best to consult u gynae. A scan may ease ur mind.

decimal,
I think can understand ur worries. Heh have faith in urself and the baby. There is even a fortuate teller saying i will miscarriage for my 1st pregnancy but my daughter is well and lively now.

Have u heard the baby heartbeat? beating strong??
We pray for each other and everyone here that we will overcome the bad MS, 1st trimester, 2nd trimester and have a smooth 9th months ok!!

Tks Hong for your concern too.

By the way, any of you have started wearing comfort shoes? I have the tendency to trip nowadays...clumsy mummy i guess. Where can i get nice comfy shoes...On fri and Sat, i wear my addidas runners.

Anyone has also started on wearing maternity clothes. My sis commented that I should start wearing pants that have elastic band kind.

Is there anything which can ease the nausea and vomitting feeling, other than sour plum (as I heard sour plum is not good for preganancy)?

Hi Jasline,

For me sour plum didnt really help much.
I eat SUNSWEET prunes &amp; mentos (sweet) which has mint flavour...

Mel,
I heard no del monte banana. U can ask the fruit stall uncles which banana is suitable for preggie.

May,
i got this Orthstep slip on from clark outlet at Suntec. Cost $29.90 from germany and they clain it is full leather. Quite comfortable and they have a few design.

Feeling really miserable!!!!!!

....pukey and sleepy feeling all day long, vomit, can't eat, backache also. Keep tossing and turning in bed at night! sigh.....

Anyone has good remedy for morning sickness or "all-day sickness"? I have tried so many things, sng buay doesn't work at all now! I think my baby is deprived of nutritious food
sad.gif

Hi Poppy,

Why dont u get some medication from your gynae for sleeping well @ night? Cos i also can't deep sleep at night without eating medi..So how to work if you cant have good sleep @ night?? Miserable hor..sour plum also dun work for me.

Everyday come to work its like countdown for me..

Poppy and Mel,

got medi from gynae for sleeping well at nite? Why dun u get anti MS pill from gynae?

If u can take durian, then can try to eat some.. Very pu for baby... i have similar problem when i have my 1st child. I take durian moderately during this hardship period and my baby is very healthy thru-out the pregnancy.

Rbr take a bit ok.. not too much.

Hi Mel &amp; Hong

Got anti MS pill from doc but still didn't work. suppose to take half an hour before meals, but vomitted before I can tahan till meal time.....haiz

I loved durian...but now no urge to eat at all!!

Mel,
Yah there is. Poppy's gynae also gave her. U can ask for it too.

Stomach gas, i also have alot. I just ate small and many meals now... dun worry it will go off at 2nd trimester.

Poppy,
aiyo u sound very serious.
did u lose weight? If so take a bit of durian.. it helps!

hi all those MS sufferes,
when my MS was so bad, that I vomit even water out, the anti-Ms didn't help, you can ask the gynae for the suppository medcation. upon application,it goes straight to the stomach and it does help with the MS, it last few hrs.If even drinking water is difficult, may get dehydrated and be placed on drip, so be careful, that is what almost happened to me.
My tummy yesterday,so bloated and hard. My mum bought a ginger drink(fr medical hall), actually consist of satchets of ginger crystal and sugar. I mixed with boiling water placed in a thermal flask and sip a few teaspoons every 15min or so, and it really helps. Its impt to take it really v hot, hope this helps!
hang on mummies! I;m in my wk 9 too.

Hi Kin,

My MIL boil red dates with ginger drink for me too, but it doesn't help. Have tried taking ginger tablets sold in pharmacy also, but no improvement. Guess we can only tahan till end of 1st trimester lor...Btw, I'm now in 8.25weeks.

I'm due to take my blood test this week to check for my thyroid. However, I have to make a trip down to the laboratory personally although my gynae's clinic is in Toa Payoh..anybody face the same problem? Am thinking of changing gynae though...

Hi,

So far, I do not experience serious MS, except for a time when I nearly fainted on a crowded train. Other than that, I experienced slight tummy aches occasionally and tends to burp a lot. My choice of food seems to have gone a bit haywire also.Evrything looks so bland to me now. Maybe I should also eat some durians...

Mel,
I didnt take MC yet but if i am too tired i wil take leave to rest.

Sheena,
Ginger is ok.

YB,
Red dates is gd cos "pu xue".

Hi Mom-2-Bes'!!!

I hope you don't mind me joining this group. According to my OBGYN, my EDD is 7/7/2006.

Currenty - MS + vomitting + burping.
Nothing much help though...ginger crystals, ginger drink, sweets, etc...

Hope to get to know you all better soon.

Back