(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi zita,

Is it normal to hve slight discharge ( purely white discharge ) while one is pregnant? Btw, me took cold drinks too ( like cold HL milk & fruit juices )....Can tis endanger my pregnancy??????

Decimal point,

During my last MC, 2nd opinion dr help me take blood test n found that my HCG level is too low to support pregnancy that causes MC. n should take blood test when i pregnant again to be safe.(didnt go back to him, cost he is too expensive)

I told my gynae this time round to help me take blood test but she say not accurate and result will only stress myself: (

That nice of yr Dr to b so considerate...btw which gynae are u wif?

Not the detailed screening...is the screening for down syndrome at wk11 to wk14...can choose the basic blood test 60% accurate or the scanning which is 80 to 95% accurate(depend on which package u choose)..

Hi smarf

The white discharge u having is called "leukorrhea" is veri normal n will increase over the mths: )

I check wif gynae about cold drink, she say go ahead...but most of my frez stop drinking after pregnant...me oso puzzled ...

Hi,
Does anyone knows if they can use medicated oil during this time of pregnancy. Rubbing oils like, the baby ru-yi oil or the normal ones on my upper tummy makes me feel better. But don't know if it is ok for the feotus?has anyone also been using any ?

hi Zita,
I take blood test prior this pregnancy, not after miscarriage. My corpus luteum(secretes progesterone if egg is fertilised, if not just degenerate) function is not very good, that's why my gynae play safe and give the jabs.
Maybe what your gynae says about the blood test not accurate after miscarriage is valid, as hormones level will drop when not pregnant.
I find that different gynaes have different beliefs, so they may recommend different things. My first gynae did not do blood test for me too. I am seeing Dr Fong at Gleneagles now.

Hi Zita27,
I'm into my second pregnancy now. 8 mth ago, it was my first. I drink alot of cold water during my first pregnancy and nothing happen to Baby really.... except that he's born very hairy... does it have a link, I'm not very sure.
As to regards to the white discharge, yeah, it increases over time. I really found it irritating and we really have to keep ourselves really clean, so that we can reduce the chance of infection. My gynae had said vagina infection is very comming during pregnancy, so we must really ensure that we keep ourselve very clean.

Kin,
I think it's best not to apply medicated oil to our tummy during pregnancy. Except for stretch mark cream. My believe that medicated oil actually penatrates our skin, into our body in order to relieve us from itch or pain. Thus, I recommend that we use non of that for ourselve on our tummy during pregnancy.

Liverpool11,
Yeah, it's a blessing. Just a shock to me as it happened so fast. I will keep this little one, and thank god for the blessing he gave me.

Hi All
I just tested +ve this morning...
Using the EDD calculator in babycentre..I should be in my 6th wks..

Now having a very bad cough...was coughing so hard that I tot to myself last nite..if I were pregnant..this kind of coughing sure cough the baby away...then this morning finally decide to test since I already miss my AF for 5 days...

Now going to look for a gynae to check..any reccomdations for gynae in tampines area?

Hi,

I am in my 6 wks now. Feeling very terrible. Kept feeling like vomiting but just can't vomit out. And whole day at home juz stare at daze or take a nap. Really dunno what to do when tmr need to go back to work.

hi dear, i'm in my 6 weeks too. read your previous posting and your edd is 22 july? mine is 21 july. for the past week, i'v been feeling dizzy and nauseous, esp in the evenings...vomit on most days around dinner time...

Hi gals,
Would just like to check if it is normal to have some brown discharge occasionally? My wife have been having some light brown discharge on this past 2 days. Kinda worried.

Hi dear

Like you, I'm still feeling pukey although not always vomiting out. And this is a whole day affair!!! No appetite, so far have been surviving on bread only. Can stand oily stuff, the smell is enough to make me puke.

I either watch TV, work on the PC or nap most of the time now....always feeling tired. I have lots of work to clear even though I'm on med leave. Went back to office the other day for an urgent meeting, I was turning green as I was presenting. Doc say should try to rest more but how to?? .....sigh...

Liverpool11, you should give your doc a call and see if your wife needs to see him/her. Better be safe
happy.gif

hi Liverpool11,

Regarding brown discharge, some say it's old blood from last menses, some say it's onset of bleeding. I agree with poppy to give gynae a call as we really do not know what is happening inside.

Hi gal,

Went for my check up today, bb 17mm@wk8 EDD 7/7/05..another 2wk MC due to my brown discharge.I tink my boss will jump liao : (

Still need to go thr. the V Scan at wk8 ,so stressful...,wonder by which wk can go for norm scan leh...?:??

Poppy u still go work..aiyo better rest at home! bb more important...work throw one side lah: )

decimal point..eeeh my current gynae say not accurate..: (

Angeline..how does vagina infection discharge look like? i do have yellow discharge..: (

Any latest update gals???? takecare : )

hi athlete, wow juz 1 day apart...hmm...which gynae u chose?

hi Poppy, i m exactly like you...now even perfume smell also can make me puke...oh my god...

Hi Zita,

You will have to keep your bladder really really full at this stage if you don't want to do the V-scan. My first scan was tummy scan at week 5, week 6 is V scan because my bladder was not that full. drink 2 big glass of water before the scan, and only can pass urine after the scan.

I know how your boss feel but no choice lor better take care of yourself first.

i do v scan every week until week 7! i am so happy when can scan from stomach. i will definitely drink lots of water before my next scan!

zita, your gynae may have his point for not doing the blood test. if the patient insist on doing, he can of course order for one, but if he does not believe in it, then no point, unless you know how to interpret the test result. right or not? so maybe our gynaes have different set of beliefs.

Pepper...oop tks for yr advice, i oway empty my bladder before the scan : )

decimal point.. yar dr say KKH dont have the practice: (..since bb is growing i will juz let nature take it causes...: )

Zita27,
Vagina infection discharge is yellowish-greenish colour. And it has a foul smell. If you detected something that smells not right, it is highly possible that it's infection. Also, your genital area will feel itch. It's best to have it cured completely everytime. I was naughty last time for not continuing on the medication doctor told me to take and in the end, I infected my son with trush. I major regret.

Gals, I just puke everything out (had 3 small hotdog bun)...and realise there are alittle bit of blood on my saliva n even when i sneeze out i saw alittle bit blood on the tissue...dunno what's wrong...

anybody has any remedies for constipation? I drank so much water i want to puke but still doesn't help. Most fruits are too sour for me and i had some watermelon and starfruit yesterday also doesn't help
sad.gif

I suppose papaya and banana are ok to take?

Hi all,

My EDD is early July. Heard my baby heartbeat yesterday and was really excited!!

For me, i get tummy aches pretty regularly..especially after taking cold drinks. I wonder if thats normal. I tried to abstain from cold drinks but I cant do without my daily cup of coffee....

Btw, do you gals know of any food that we should avoid? It could be old wives tales but may be worth a listen...hee...This is my first pregnancy so I'm really quite nervous.

Enjoy your pregnancy ladies.

Hello gals,
me back after disappearing for so long. I am also in my 7-wk now. At the end of 5th wk, my doctor detected my baby's faint heartbeat, gonna see gynae agin this coming sat.

I am also feeling very lousy, like Poppy & dear dear, cannot stand the smell of food at all !!! strong perfume also cannot ... Afternoon, I still can eat, night is the worst for me, so sufferring. Thankfully, have you gals to share
happy.gif

May, my gynae said just avoid raw food (salad, meat, etc) and caffeine. Of coz no alcohol/smoking/sex.

Hi Gals...
No sex till when ?? After 3 months??
Me in 8 weeks now... went scanning yday the baby only 16mm leh...How come may u can hear the heart beat?? i only saw a small thing flickering..
My EDD 11 July 2005

Anyone has got lots of gas in stomach??
Burping non stop?

Please share your experience..
My vomiting is caused by my stomach burping..I even tried ENO..but doesnt seem to help at all.
Hope it gets better after 3 mths...but time pass so slow..

hi pepper.
I abstain from watermelon, pineapples and banana, cos I heard they may cause miscarrigae. But I don't know whether it is true, don't know if it is scientifically supported. Western medicine maybe not, but I have heard Chinese physician say so.

I hear my BB heartbeat at wk 6. Wife got some light brown discharge over the last weekend. Keeping my fingers cross. Now everything is back to normal for this few days.

No sex?? Hmm...anyone know until when??

My wife always feel hot and sweat over the night. Dunno why? She is also feeling very tired this few days

Hi Mel,

We have the same EDD, i also got a lot of gas in my stomach, normally not vomit but i made a mess in carpark this morning as my gas was accompany by my breakfast, and they came without warning, yuk!

Hopefully will get better after the first trimester.

Decimal point,
I heard the same thing about pineapple and banana, watermelon is too colling too, but can't control myself very well and my husband is ang moh, so nobody watch what i eat
happy.gif

About the no sex thing, i read book and according to gynea, sex is ok if the pregnancy is at no risk of miscarriage. And chances of mc is higher in first trimester so maybe safer after the first 3 months?

Hello

I'm back..was feeling really terrible for the past 1 week, no more energy to type...i puke everyday and whether i eat or not, i'll still puke..don't know why am i suffering so much this round, no appetite at all.

I still eat banana cos it helps to curb morning sickness slightly and i still eat pineapple & watermelon, so far so good as long as we eat in moderation.

Hi Mel...

me also stomach lots of gas n burp non stop...especially after meal. that is because body produce hormone that relax muscle tissue in our gastrointestinal tract result in food moving slowing thr. the system that cause bloating n indigestion. It good for the baby as the slowdown allow better absorption of nutrients thr the blood stream to the baby: )

to feel better..
1)wear cloths that is not tight around abdomen or waist.

2)Eat six small meal rather then 3 big ones. Eat slowly, taking small mouthfuls.

3)stay upright for several hrs after eating, n dont eat big meal before bed.

Decimal point
watermelon n banana(Big wan) are cooling stuffs..should at least stay away. papaya, carrot, liver are veri rich in vit A, should reduce intake as high amt of vit A causes misccarriage, bb deformation.

Maybe U should avoid refined foods e.g white rice, white bread n focus on fiber rich selections fresh fruits n vegetable, whole grain cereals n bread, legumes n dried fruit(raisins, prunes n apricots)

Try drinking fruits or veg juice as they had the effect on softening stools. Somebody find drinking hot water flauored with lemon veri helful.. if severe prune juice may do the trick: )

Hi Mummies,
Went to see my gynae yesterday, saw my little Ah Dot thru tummy scan. Confirmed EDD is 12/7/06.

Sleepy Garfield,
We diffrent case, I feel nausea the whole day but so far did not puke and hopefully no puke. Think this pregnancy more easier compared to the 1st pregnancy cos puke and suffer a lot. But dare not to said yet cos maybe the morning sickness haven't start yet??? pray hard hard no morning sickness this time man..

May,
Before i realised i expecting no. 2. I eat lot of water melon and agar agar cos my colleagues came over my place to celebrate my Birthday. I felt cramp and had brown discharge but i dont bother cos tot DA YI MA visit me soon but the next day no show...and i wait and wait till 1 week later then decided to test..

Hi All,

Eversince I know that I'm pregnant, I dun dare to anyhow eat liao.. Watermelon, got the urge to eat but no guts... ekkeke.. So far, I feel rather nausea in the morning & everynite waking up like 3-4 times just to visit the toilet... like that like not enuff sleep ley..
sad.gif

Hong,
Welcome to join this thread.

Tis thread move a bit slow, think all the mummies here very tiring and suffer MS cos still in the 1st Trimester so no mood to post message.

Even myself at times also lazy to login.. :p

hi everyone,
Not been logging in coz been really bad with morning sickness too and giddiness. Vomit so many times a day too(understand how you feel sleepy garfield!).Someone mention not to eat too much papaya,carrot. I've a book:Your vegetarian pregnancy by Dr Holly Roberts (Oby-Gyne) who clarified in her bk that an excess of Vit A, a fat soluble vitamin can cause birth defects. However, theseis due to excess Vit A derived from animal products(ie Liver) and not from vegetables/fruits becoz they are 2 different forms of the vitamin.Fr what I know, the Vit A from yellow/orange fruits and vegetables are know as beta-carotene. So it should be fine to eat them still.
My doc ordered bedrest fro me as my water bag is long and thin,which is not the correct size. With an active 3 yr old, it is really difficult to find time to lie down.SIGH... But i'm trying hard and hope everything be well by next visit....

Hello gals,
I am from June 06 MTB. Can I join in?

Hi Kin,
Are you a vegetarian? I am trying to eat more fruits and vegetables, and very little meat and no seafood
happy.gif
I still drink 2 cups of fresh carrot juice with beetroot and apple almost daily
happy.gif
cos 2 of my friends who have just given birth to healthy babies drank 3 cups of the juice per day during their pregnancy. Can share with me what other vegetables that preggie should eat more?
Do try to stay positive about the pregnancy and rest well
happy.gif
Take good care
happy.gif

Gals,
Regarding sex or no sex during pregnancy. I think as long as there's no bleeding or spotting or threatened m/c, it should be fine to carry on
happy.gif
. My gynae adviced me not to, but I did not follow.. lol... :p
Take good care...
happy.gif

Yve,
thanks.. hee hee.. joining u too but mine is younger.

Noif,
yah this thread is slower.
I dun have MS just some bloatness on my tummy and i get hungry very easily. So scary and if i dun eat my whole body will feel aching. So i have to make sure i dun eat junk food or too much each meal.

Hi MTBs,
sorry to heard that all suffering from MS. I am the 2nd time Mother here. I am lucky that i still dun MS yet which i hope i dun suffer from it cos i cant imagine myself have to lug one plastic bag and vomit in the mid of my journey to work.

Hong,
Yup! I feel hungry easily and when i feel hungry i feel wanna puke. So i need to eat somethings to make sure my stomach not empty and the puke feeling go away..

Got one midnite I felt terrible hungry but i told my little ah dot "mummy dont feel like wake up to eat in the middle of the nite, please let mummy sleep back" and the hungry feeling really gone..real amazed leh!

NOIF,
i just hoped my little one dun make puke. i really scare of that... I just hoped the little one can take as much as possible so i can slim down.. hahhaha..

Hong,
Me too! I wish no puke tis time eventhought i still feel nausea!

But this pregnancy really must more better than compared to the 1st pregnancy. Think we more experience now so know how to stop the puke.haha!

Ur 1st pregnancy did puke har? Mine is terrible cos wake up in the morning need to get prepared sit next to the toilet bowl liao! So chiam...

Sleepy Garfield, like you, never eat also puke, puke until the tiny veins on my face also burst....many tiny blood spots all over my face now.. lost more than 1 kg already....sigh

Zita27, I too have another 2 weeks mc. My boss must be jumping too. I feel really bad, so I still work from home. I hope it's appreciated.

Hey, anyone has thick discharge? ...like really thick phlegm.
If I force too hard when doing the big one, some thick discharge also come out....wonder if it's normal.

hi poppy,

I do have thick discharge too...sometimes, esp in the evening..the discharge was so much that it felt like i was having menses..i had checked with my gynae and she said its ok...so longer as there is no itch or foul smell. Nonetheless, we should still monitor.

Btw, i usually get tummy ache after having cold drinks...sigh...but i still drink coffee..my gynae says one cup a day is ok..

anyone of u still go for facials or abstain from any facial products?

May,
yes i still going for facial so it is ok. Just ensure that the product they using are safe for preggie.

NOIF,
i din puke inmy 1st pregnancy. Just feel like puking but never.

Hi May, juz happened to pass by the thread. See that u drink cold drinks. perhaps u try not to do so for a couple of weeks till u in 2nd trim. See if it helps. Coffee oso.. dun drink for now. I juz started drinking again when I enter 2nd trim.

Just to share.

Hi Lyn,
I'm not a vegeterain but I do not really eat meat so I try to find out what I can eat to replace nutrients loss from not eating meat. Actually, fresh juice is really good if yr tummy can take it. mine can't will throw all out in half hr. too acidic for me. Actually, we can up our intake of legumes, beans, nuts(not groundnut if some mums afraid). Esp Wheat germ, and all the cereals that you can buy from super mkt. But try to buy those without sugar added. you can add yr own.others include,sea weed, black beans, asparagus,tofu,cashews, prunes, sesame seeds, avocado, cheese, oats,spinach, mushrooms, eggs..These will provide an even healtheir choice of food. Of course no need to go to extremes but its good to try. in fact, some salads we can do ourselves, like tomato and spinach and lettuce, all kinds of beans(green beans maybe too liang), nuts. these provide a v healthy choice. i'm trying as far as possible to keep to this as I want to remain in a good weight gain range. And to avoid GD.But do remember not to take too much processed food...Hope this helps!

Hi May
Ya, just get the names that are not supposed to be in the skincare products for preganancy, and check the ingredients of your current products to make sure they are not present. I just checked mine, lucky it is safe for use, or else I don't know what to use.

Hi noif,
I am like that, every morning after I wake up, very punctual timing, will puke. That's why must standby near the toilet. Every now and then, will have the want-to-puke feeling, especially in the evenings.

Always feel like eating sour and hot stuff like tom yam soup. Anyone know whether 1st trimester, can eat sour and hot stuff?

Back