(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Jasline,
Same as u, I oso quite worry cos I took antibiotics on 26/10 due to UTI for 10 days. I just rebonded my hair on 8/11. Aiyo! Think of it i start to worry liao!

Kin,
Dont mind can check for me the name "Nitrofurantoin" izzit in the pregnancy book??? Thanks!

Hi Noif

You are how many weeks pregnant? I heard from my GP that not all antibiotics are harmful. So like what kin says, be positive.

Just came back from the TMC. EDD is 10 July, hmm..I day short of my ROM. Will talk to my BB and ask him to tahan 1 more day. Ha ha.

Hi All,

I juz tested positive 2 days ago...My EDD is 22 July 2006. Glad to see so many MTB here...

Now sourcing for gynae. Any recommendations?

Dear all,
I am also a July MTB. Had tested positive on 8 November. EDD 5/07/06. My first appointment to see gynae is on next Tues, 22 Nov.
These few days I had a flu but did not see GP for any medi. I am quite worried now. Will my flu virus affect the baby? I am so worried, but will have to wait for few more days to see the gyne...

Dear All,

Me oso a JULY MTB.. had visited the gynae and currently abt 7wks pregnant. Yesterday, did a scan & saw the BB heartbeat & the length is abt 1.1cm (beri small). EDD is on 4th July 06...

Hi all, any recommendations where to get cheap and good office maternity wear?

Just for sharing, I know Thomas medical center sell quite nice and affordable clothings.

Hello gals,

Can I join? Me oso a July MTB. Went to see gynae on sat and now 5wks preggie. Haven't seen bb's heartbeat yet, gynae said another 2 weeks. My bb is about 1.34 cm in length currently, oso very tiny
happy.gif
EDD 18Jul06.

dear dear,
where are you staying? I am staying in Sembawang, thus went to Dr Lawrence Ang who has a clinic in Sunplaza, Sembawang. Think there are many good gynaes but depending on convenience and where u stay.

Hi Sleepy Garfield,
Yep, me from TP. U too ??? How do you know ??
Hey, must be very happy to see bb's heartbeat pumping hor
happy.gif

Hi Fruitee,
Sure sure... when is your EDD? Have you seen your bb's hearbeat already?

hi lala

U are from the Regent bride thread last yr, rite! Hope I am not mistaken :p. A big congrats to U
happy.gif

Hi lala

My EDD should be in Mid Jul, have not see the bb's heartbeat yet.. maybe tonite able to see it, having appt with gynae!
happy.gif

Hi Gals

Congrats to all!! Can I join in? I'm also a July MTB
happy.gif

Just saw doc yesterday, can hear bb's heartbeat liao. But I still can't figure out where bb is on the screen......

hi Noif,
Didn't find the name of this drug mentioned in the list of drugs that can affect pregnancy. SO cant be sure. you can always check this on the internet to in any search engine. You must remain cheery. I just recovered from a really bad bad flu and cough. Tahan without medicine at all, don't worry abt affecting the baby. Remain cheerful!Cheers!

Hi Lala

we chatted before in another thread, u even forwarded your wedding pix to me, for some reason, i changed my nick to this..can remember?

Halow All- gals,

Congrats to all July MTB.....( Including me too )Went to gynae on Mon & found out am 5th weeks preg.....: ) Btw, izzit truth tt we can hear & see bb's heartbeat ard 7th weeks of pregs??????

Hi smarf,

Congrats to you. I heard my baby's heartbeat on 6th week plus. Next gynae appt is about 3 weeks time away on 12 Dec. Is so amazing to hear their heartbeat. I bet you can't wait to hear it.

Yo Liverpool,

Awared tt you from TMC too.....Whose ur gynae? Eunice Chua?????? Next gynae appt will b on 05 Dec, really lookin forward to hear the bb's heartbeat,boy......Heeheeeheee

Hey gals,

Do take extra care during the first 3th mth of our pregnancy as tis is the most critical period.......Btw, any of u thinkin of getting Stretch Mark Cream now????? Any brands to recommend?????

Hi Claudia

during my first preg, i uses stretch mark cream since the day i knew i was preg till 3 mths after delivery and i don't get any stretch marks at all, but this round due to bad morning sickness, i was too tired/lazy to use any of them, however, i would strongly recommend Mustela stretch mark cream and Avent Moisturising oil.

Hi congrat... i am new MTB on july too : )

Had a MC early this yr, heard baby heartbeat at wk8, went for a scan at wk11 n found that the heartbeat stop : (

I am now 7wk preggie again...had bleeding at wk5 follow by brown discharge till now : ( take jab n medi ,having bed rest till end Nov..praying hard that bb will be fine, going for another scan next mon. heartbeat can b hear at wk6.

Do your gynae do a blood test for HCQ level before giving or stoping medi n jab?

Kinda worry cause my gynae say that once discharge stop ..should also stop all jab n medi. there is no point of doing blood test for HCQ level...

I was kinda of concern cause i went for 2nd opinion during my first MC, n they did a blood test found that my HCQ is too low to substain a preggie.

I check with the my gynae. but she say that the result is not accurate, once preggie stop, HCQ level will oso drop. izit true?

Gina,

Sorry to hear about your MC early in the year. But maybe you can share with us what are the symptons that you encounter prior to MC. For example, is there spotting or excessive bleeding? Kinda worried about this too, cause I know 2 of my friends encounter such cases.

Thanks Sleepy Garfield, i shall go look for it.

Hi Gina,

Congrat! I know how you feel, I had a MC 4 months back, same as u saw the heartbeat at wk 8, scan at wk10 the heartbeat was gone. I lost all the ms feeling at week 9, i think because the pregnancy stopped and the hormon level dropped that's why i didn't feel the ms.

I am also in my 7wk now, saw the heartbeat last week, hear nothing, will see gynea again next week. Gynea say everything look ok but still continue med, to play safe.

But I think if you are not confidence / comfortable with your gynea maybe you should seek a second opinion. Is this the same gynea for your last pregn/mc? They are normally more careful if they are aware of your mc history.

Hi gals,

I think most of us is worry that the heartbeat will stop during this stage. Any advice on how we can better prevent this from happending??

Hi liverpool11,
i had little brown discharge at wk11 then rush to hosp n found that bb heartbeat stop at wk 9. quite shocking n unprepared. I supect due to my low hormone level, cause i stop taking duphaston at wk 8.
Guess no prevent blah, rest n relax more, tink of the good side.. if have MS mean hormone level is good...if stop suddenly have to take note.

Yah highly recommend this book "What to expect when you are expectiing" veri informative n detailed.

Pepper,
Should b able to hear HB by next week : ) I still wif same gynae, this round she more careful give me more rest, medi n jab. but she dont believe in taking beta HCQ test to c my hormone level before deterimine when i should stop the jab n medi. cause she feel that is not accurate n only stress myself.

Wondering any gynae do take this test or izit common to take such test?

Quite stress up, having discharge on n off for 2wk plus liao : (

oop change my nick : )

Hi Fruitee

I should be about 7wks now.

Gina, me too, had MC earlier in the year
sad.gif

We should have about the same EDD. Have brown discharge too, now resting at home until end Nov. Are you working? quite disruptive going on long medical leave right?

Hi poppy..
Yep week 7 now, dr say EDD can only confirm next week : ) Me on 4wk Medical leave. Yar working so paiseh cause i used up lots of medical leave this yr liao...

Wondering should i resign n rest at home, boss oso advise me on that! but everything was so uncertain ya : (

Zita27,
I'm also thinking of leaving my job. I have 1 week mc followed by another 2 weeks. Can tell that my boss a bit frustrated but can't help it. I also paiseh holding up the projects.

Shared with my doc abt leaving my job.... she say wait and see first. Maybe I should toss the coin.

Poppy now really still early to tell..wait till 3mth first..! so face have to b thicker...using hosp leave.

Next mon going to c gynae, if brown discharge still there oso dont noe can go back work anot??

Hi smarf...if after 2weeks, stained n discharge still there remember to go back to go for review.

Hi liverpool11..
wat kinda of spotting u have?

If u have brown discharge or blood spotting better go c ur gynae..to b on the safe side.
They will do a scan to make sure ok then give u medi or jab to stabilize..

most of preggie will experience red spotting or brown discharge at some point...dont worry too much... Be Postive: )

eeeh...

Wondering do yr take cold drink? e.g fruitjuice, soyabean,sugar cane with ice? or ice cream?

MS make me so sick of drinking hot stuff liao..: ( n also craving for tibits...jialat

Princess, you are right.

Zita,
Not sure about the colour of her discharge, will check with her.

As for drinks, my wife diet is still pretty much the same, except that she now only eat a smaller portion compare to last time.

Hi seems like many are concerned about spotting stuff here.

I am no expert but maybe we can share some information.

Gina, I take blood test weekly to check for progesterone and HCG level. Both hormones are vital to sustain pregnancy. HCG is released by the developing placenta and important in maintaining continued progesterone production to prevent bleeding from occurring.

My progesterone level is 68, HCG 58662 at week 7. I am still continuing with the jabs but not medication. Can I check with you your level?

I heard heartbeat already but like all, I am very scared I will not hear it during next visit.

May I also ask if your gynae asked you which test you want to do to scan for fetal abnormalities already? He gave me a few options but I am kind of undecided.

Hi hi....

I just tested positive on Wednesday. My second baby. First given birth 8 mth ago.

I'm a bit lost. Apprehensive. I don't know what to do. Pure accident.

Hi decimal point,

My gynae didnt do any blood test for me, when i bleed she just give jab n medi, n mentioned that once bleeding stop, she will stop the jab: ( Therefore i feel unsafe.

which gynae are u seeing?

for the scanning for drown syndrome i tink i will go for the fetal screening(Basic) lah. cause detection is 80 to 85% n can c the result on the day.

hi zita,
i did not have any bleeding so far in this pregnancy, i take the jabs because of previous miscarriage and blood test that shows i have low HCG so unable to support pregnancy. More of a prevention than cure. I am taking it up to end of week 8, hopefully by then the placenta is built up. blood test is only to monitor the hormone level.

do you mean the detailed ultra screening at 20-24weeks?

Back