(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

How about applying Ru Yi oil/medicated oil on tummy to help relieve bloatedness?? Will it affect baby??

Hi Liverpool11,
My MIL prepared the drink for me..If I'm not wrong, have to boil the red dates in a pot of water and later add in slices of ginger..but be careful not to put in too much ginger cos it's spicy. No tea is required...u may wanna check with your elders in ur family 1st...

This is suppoosed to help with the nauseaness..but becos it's cause by our body hormones, dun think it'll really work..but u may wish to let ur wife try n c if it helps her...good luck

Hi YB,
I asked that question earlier, i think some of the mums advise not to. I also think so as the oil is absorbed directly by skin into blood stream. So, no choice, just tahan. Actually everyone says ginger help, I've been taking for a while but frankly speaking, it helps to burp a little only. Our stomach refluxes are so relaxed during pregnancy that everyday, it feels like a blocked pipe.Nothing can really go up or come down esp fluids.REd dates are good.
YB, I think try not to take the ginger tablets sold in the pharmacy, they are quite high in concentration.and actually, the hot ginger drink is the more effective one as the heat plus the ginger helps forces gas out.So the tablet doesn;t really work.
Take care!

YB,
Ru Yi oil? Better not! If u really wanted to apply anything on tummy will only be the stretch mark cream.

If not u can make a hot towel and place it at the tummy area where u feel the bloatness. It may helps althot i never try.

Liverpool,
U can try red date will dried logan. Very pu xue!

Mel,
U dun need maternity bra now. Unless the underwire is make u very uncomfortable. Some pple define maternity bra = breastfeeding bra.

Jadepearl, welcome!

hi ladies,

instead of maternity wear, you may consider wearing sports bra. They are quite comfy and give good support too. Most importantly for those who dun have the habit of wearing bra when at home, its important to wear now!

Hong, thanks for the warm welcome!

Yup, sports bra is much more comfy. BTW, anyone has to upgrade to bigger clothes now? I can't seem to zip/button up my pants/jeans anymore.

Anyone going to see your OBGYN soon?

Take care!

Jadepearl,

ME! I cant fix into my bottom now! So cham.. dun know wat to do. My collick said me yesterday, he said now can see my tummy! I told him is not my baby with tummy, is my fats from my previous pregnancy! hahaha..

I will be seeing my gynae on 23 dec.

Hi Kin,
Y is Ru Yu Oil harmful to feotus?? Thought lots of mummies use it on babies, even new born babies??I guess now, irregardless of wat we take or use, doesn't really help relieve us of our bloatedness & MS...sigh...guess can only tahan lor...

Hi Mel,
Dun think you'll need maternity bra now, unless ur breasts has grown very big..I actually bought normal bras, but a few sizes bigger..

Hi May,
I tried wearing sports bra, but feel it doesn't give me much coverage & support leh..especially now when our nipples are very sensitive. Sports bra does not have padding to protect our nipples..

Hi Japepearl,
Welcome!! I also can't pull up or zip up my bottoms anymore since I was only abt 5weeks preg..that cos our hips are expanding & preparing for baby..Try to refrain from wearing pants or bottoms which restricts ur movement, especially when it's tight around ur tummy, thigh & crotch..it's not very healthy cos cannot breath. Nowadays, I've already resorted to wearing dresses/skirts or drawstring pants.. it's more comfortable.hee..hee..not bad for somebody like me who seldom/never wear skirts..

I've just went for antenatal & thyroid blood test today...will c gynae on 24 Dec...

HI YB,

Ya agree with you sportsbra cant really provide the support and our nipples has become bigger and more protruding...haha

I cant figure out my bulging stomach is due to my fats or the growth of baby..afterall i am only in my week 9..going week 10...

How big can the baby is? Me seeing gynae 19 Dec.

Hi Mel,
Actually our baby at this stage is still very small...the bulging stomach may be due to bloated gas..try patting ur tummy n c if there's hollow sound...My tummy will actually expand as the day goes on cos it'll accumulate more gases by dinner time...haa..haa..

Hi YB..
Btw do u noe any brands of stretch mark cream we can apply now? My tummy also expanding real fast!! can't even fit into some of my shorts and pants.. feeling nausea all the time.. sianz!

Hi tracy,

I'm currently using Mothercare stretchmark cream..recommended by my friend. it's cheap too, about $11..
Dun worry, normally, the nausea feeling will disappear after 12 weeks...I'm also waiting for my 1st trimester to be over..he.hee..

Hi Tracy,
When is ur EDD?
I am using Avent cream. recommendated by my sister... I think Palmer is not bad.

Hi all!
Just came from doc yesterday, am relief to hear that the baby's waterbag has gone back to normal size and shape after bedrest...Will see doc at end Dec again..
My tummy is really big with fats and gas and whatsoever and the previous strechmarks are all showing, i don't think the creams will work for me, sob sob.
I'm also wearing my maternity bra already because it is much more comfy. I;m thinking of getting those belly extenders to help me with my pants if not, the maternity pants are too big...

YB,
Actually, abt the Ru Yi Oil,my thinking is that becoz at 1st trimester, the feotus is still forming and since that is a delicate stage, we do not want to jeopardise its delicate stage and since the oil is readily absorbed into our blood stream, just like other aromatheraphy oils, we should be cautious as we don't want the feotus to be absorbing something like that. However, i think it is ok to apply on neck, chest area, nose(for colds) in small amts.At the end of the day, we do all things with moderate and careful amts. Take Care!

Hi YB,
Thanks for the info. Will go chk it out.
The nausea is really irritating cos when I feel hungry, I don't feel like eating and my mood is getting on my nerves!!

Hi Hong
The last time I went for my scan, baby is only 9.6mm so EDD is around the last week of July.. Don't think it's very accurate cos my menses have always ben very irregular and also I suffered a MC in Oct, so its really not accurate..Praying really hard tat all will be smooth tis time..

Hi Kin
Do take care and rest more. Dun b too stressed up and try to think good thoughts..My tummy is also growing real fast too.. At least u noe u r not alone..

Hi Kin,
Thanks for the advice..My mum says it's fine to use ru yi oil, but I guess I'll apply in moderation, just to be safe.

Btw, do u gals feel that u need to shave ur body hair more frequently nowadays?? The hair seems to be growing very fast too..

Hi Tracy,
My nausea will be especially bad when I'm very hungry..but due to bloatedness, I can take any food in..it's such a bad feeling!!Try not to let the nauseaness affect ur mood cos it'll affect the baby...we all want to have an easy baby to take care of next time right?? At least we're all here so that we can share our problems & feelings..cheers!!

Hey YB
I realise tat I get nausea when I am hungry too, but when I eat, I feel like throwing up also!!

And btw any gals out there having problems with sleeping in the night? Can't seem to sleep well and when I do sleep I get bad dreams..

Hi girls,

About Ruyi oil being absorbed into the blood stream, I think I have read before that medicated oil like "feng you" actually does not go into the blood stream. The tingling sensation is due to the menthol content. Like spiciness, it is a feeling and not a taste. Remember the case about the baby being poisoned to death by "feng you"? It died because it was being forced to drink it. So I think it should be pretty ok as long as it is not in huge amount.

hong - lol, you are too cute! Good luck with the OBGYN appt!

YB - Thanks for the warm welcome! Yup, same here...dresses, skirts & drawstring pants. Good luck with the OBGYN appt too!

Hong - lol, you are too cute! Good luck with your appt!

YB - Yup, same here...dresses,skirts or drawstring pants. Good luck with your appt too!

Mel - From about.com website, it stated that by W10, your abdomen may begin to pooch out, but it will be more from bowel distension than the uterus. Your waistline is slowly disappearing! The baby now enters it's fetal period. The average size is approximately 27-35 mm crown to rump length (CRL), or 1.06-1.38 inches. I guess that's why we are all starting to pooch-out.

Tracy - Hi there and welcome! Yup, sometimes, I just can't sleep at nite too.

Kin - That's awesoeme news! Good luck with the next appt! Take care!

BTW, anyone gets cramps (near the abdomen) now and then?

Hi Jadepearl,

I got minor cramp near lower & left abdomen every now and then do you experience the same thing? Is that normal?

And anyone here has any recommendation for gynea at Gleneagles? I am thinking about changing my gynea.

Hi gals, so excited now. Tomorrow will be going to see the gynae. Really excited wondering how is the baby growing. Its been a last month since I last seen it.

Anyone here already experiencing bad ache? My wife complain that her lower back is sore. Tomorrow need to consult the doctor why? She had a injury last time while doing sit up. Hope it won't affect her much.

Hi Tracy,
Yeah. I also have problems sleeping at night. I'm actually very exhausted by dinner-time, but I can't seem to fall asleep. Have to lay in bed for abt an hour b4 I can fall asleep..When I get up to go toilet in the middle of night/early morn, I also have problems falling asleep. And when I do fall asleep, I keep having numerous dreams!! I can have more than 10 dreams per night!! When I woke up in the morn, I feel so exhausted. Do the rest of the gals encounter the same thing too? I read from a book that says the baby's metabolism is keeping us awake at night cos baby is growing everyday, every single min.

Hi Decimalpoint,
I think ur logic sound logical. If watever we apply affects the feotus, then we can't even apply makeup or nail polish lor...(I've been doin both)

Hi Pepper,
I do also encounter cramps on & off..I guess it's because our womb/uterus is still expanding. During my 1st 4 weeks of pregnancy, I have such bad cramps that I can wake up from the pain at night. Gynae says as long as there's no bleeding, on & off cramps is fine. Funny, my cramp is also at lower left-hand corner, tat's cos my baby is concieved near left ovary. How about you?? Your gynae should be able to tell u during ur 1st visit.

Hi Liverpool11,
Dun worry, I also have bad ache at lower back. Mayb it's due to baby absorbing our body's calcium. Before pregnant, I used to swear off milk, cheese, yogurt etc..so I guess my body's calcium is very low..n I also injured my lower back when I slipped & fall a couple of yrs ago..Gynae will normally prescribe calcium pills during 2nd trimester onwards.And I'm now also trying to drink more milk.

Btw, do u gals do simple stretching or toning exercises even though ur pregnant? I'm still lifting weight to tone my flabby arms...wat r the exercises that we can do now without affect baby??

YB,
I am a bit apprenhensive about exercising this time round. I used to think light exercises are okay, and we should do to have some basic fitness, and so I did for last pregnancy/miscarriage. I was even contemplating swimmming as I have heard that is a good exercise-relaxed and minimal impact.
My gynae this time round say no exercise until trimester 2 then we'll see the situatiom. So I have not been doing anything since!
You heard before about not stretching your arms to reach things? I read there is some truth to it, as when we stretch our arms, we also stretch the uterus/womb(someting like that), so if the baby is not firmly implanted, may not be that safe.
So for excercsing, I think better to excercise caution, especially for first trimester.

Hi MTB,

Exercise - gynae advise me to do so. May be i started of quite heavy this time althot i have been eating but i still lost weight. i think i lose 2kg.

Back ache & cramps - i do have cramps too my right legs from the butt area is always cramping.

Always feel no energy and i can hardly carry my little girl.

Last week my girl is having high fever and after that she develop rashes. Now i am very worry cos i suspected the rashes is German Measle which is very deadly to the feotus if i got it. Even thot i am immune to it cos i got it when i was very young but that does not protect my feotus again it.

We bring my girl to a GP to verify, althot he told us it wasnt but i still have doubts. I am preparing for the worse.

I may need to bring my gynae checkup early to check on the feotus.

Hi gals,

haha i've stopped exercising altogether. Used to go to the gym with husband but now, my husband also lazy to go becos I'm not going. Hee...

As for sports bra, I wear it to sleep only as there is no underwire. I've also started buying bigger size panties cos those I have are too tight for me.

hi Hong,

Why dun u bring your girl to another GP for a second opinon? And yes, you sould really bring forward your gynae checkup. Take care ya.

Hi Jadepearl,
Seems like its common not being able to sleep well in the nite..tks for sharing..
And I also get cramps now and then too. Told my gynae and he said its common and in fact it actually means tat the baby is growing well as the uterus is expanding, tats y we can feel the pull/cramp at the abdomenon. But do be careful, if there is persistant pain, u shld seek the gynae's advice.
I sometimes hurt when I sneeze but its ok..

Hi Liverpool,
I think its common to get backache as I have another preggie friend who also experience back pain too..

Hey gals,
I think it is better not to exercise in the first trimester as this is the very crucial period. But its good to go for walks after a meal. We can always start light exercises on our second trimester when the baby is more stable..

As for bra, is it necessary to wear even when we r sleeping? Feels so hot and uncomfortable..

Hi all,

Need advice...

wonder during stomach scan do they need to press veri hard onto yr tummy n scan? will that hurt the baby?

Today i first time able to c baby using stomach scan but technician press veri hard onto my tummy n scan veri long, she mention that my uterus is inverted veri difficult to scan. After the scan i have stomach cramp at the left n right side of the lower tummy...now abit worry.

At wk10 baby 31mm : ) another 2wk MC..Sigz

Hi everyone, back from seeing the gynae today. Baby is now at 33mm, 10 weeks. Doc advice not to take any medicine for the backache unless neccessary. What I did was get those gel pak and warm it up for my wife. She felt better now after using it. Guess what happend during the scan today. Not only did we manage to roughly see the legs and hands, the baby inside was also kicking and waving at the same time for about 10 sec as though he/she know we are looking at him/her. I was damm worried when the scan was going on, very scared that suddenly no heartbeat. After hearing the healthy heartbeat, I was like..."Heng....ahh".

Will be doing NT scan the next two weeks for those down symdrone scanning.

liverpool11, i m here!!!

Anyone of there are drinking ANMUM-1 now? Dunno is it I am not suitable. I drank yesterday nite & after finish drinking. I feel like puking & went to bedroom to rest. Who knows I feel something not wrong. Dashed to bathroom & tie my hair the next moment PUKE LIAO! OMG! First time so fast puke everything out w/o standing there for a long time.

Now I am in my 8 wks liao & I finally realise my 'pattern'...Normally after lunch I sure shit 2 times then nite time want to puke!!! Now nite time I normally eat bread...Hopefully when I reach 2nd trimester will be better

hi dear... i used to drink ANMUM-1 but i did the same as you... puking...

this morning when i woke up and went to the toliet and i saw some brown sub. then i told my mum and she acc me to see a gynae and lucky the doctor say it's okie and was given some medicine to eat then need to rest at home also. And today i did a scanning and i saw the baby legs and hand. the baby condition is good

Hmm....so far so good. My wife no MS at all. Everything is going smoothly and she is still working daily. Except the normal complain about sore boobs and a bit of temper here and then. Everything is good.

Hi Zita27 & Liverpool11,
Congrats!! Must be really exciting to c the baby moving!!I have to wait another 2 weeks before my next appt is due.

Hi dear & Sheena,
I think not everyone is suitable to drinking ANMUM-1 milk. Some ppl are allergic to it. Listen to wat ur body tells u. Puking is not a good sign. It may indicate that ur body is not accepting the milk. You can actually get ur calcium intake from other sources like cheese or yogurt. Even ice-creams contains some calcium. I have a friend who used to drink lots of milk during her pregnancy, but her baby ended up having rashes & allergic to milk after born. As I guess it's good to take food in moderation. Do take care!!

Hi liverpool11,

Due to hormonal changes, it's normal for preggies to be emotional or temperamental. I found out that I cry very easily these few days even while watching documentories or even commercials!! Even the slightest things can make me cry.

Do be more sensitive & caring to your wife's emotional needs now as preggies tend to have little control over their emotions and will actually feel fustrated over it. Also watch out for signs of pre-natal blues...I'm also trying to observe myself in case I have depressions.

So far so good for me wife, just the occasional flare up. Don't have any pre-natal blues. Wife is also taking anlene twice a day. We don't about ANMUM-1 until my SIL tell us. Will drink it once the anlene 1 finish.

Hi Zita,
Maybe you try to drink more water next time before the scan so that it is easier for the gynae to see the baby. Then maybe no need to press so hard.

hi dear and Sheena,
Maybe the puking is due to morning sickness? My first pregnancy, my GP told me to start on anmum immediately upon confirming the pregnancy. This time round, I asked gynae if I need to drink milk and he said no need to drink so early. He say can start in trimester 2. Maybe you can try to drink again, but if still puke, can postpone to 2nd trimester?

Morning,
I dun like milk so i'm not going to force myself to take Anlene or Anmum cos gyane told me not to force myself to take anything i dun like during the 1st trimester.

YB,
yah we get more emotional now and it can get worse after delivery especially during confinement.

May,
thanks for ur comforting words. I am better now. My collicks said i think too much and many reading prove that my daughter is not getting german measle as well. Hopefully baby is ok.

Zita,
stime if they cant scan ur feotus they will press it harder. U shld tell them it is painful the next time before they scan u. take care!

me mtb in april... too ve same prob as Hong.. dun like milk (whether those in packets or those in powder form). Gynae placed me on calcium pills... so dun force urself .. ask ur gynae what u can do. She oso adviced me 2 take soya bean as well.

Dear all,
My friend told me it is actually better not to drink those special milk e.g Anmum etc during the first trimester. She advise me to eat as per normal during this period and we can always start Anmum on our second trimester. In the meantime, I am taking calcium pills as sometimes drinking milk makes me nausea..

Back