(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Kids Central BIG in the City

Come on down to the "Big in the City" event by MediaCorp TV12 at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City this 4 - 5 March 2006. The two-day carnival promises to be a weekend filled with many entertaining activities and programs.

Popular characters and stars from Kids Central will be on stage to entertain and enthrall with their performances. Capture the moment and photograph your favorite character from Power Rangers Dino Thunder and Hamtaro and Friends, to name a few. And that's not all, visitors to the carnival, can browse and participate in the various fun-filled games and festivities.

That's not all! POSB Everyday cardmembers enjoy exclusive Meet-&-Greet session* and free Big in the City posters with Kids Central celebrities' signatures upon any purchase of Kids Central limited merchandise**

* Only for 1st 10 families (for each Meet-and-Greet session) who charge a minimum of S$30 to the Everyday Card in a single receipt for Kids Central merchandise
** While stocks last

Missmoon
I do feel tummy moving wif me when I turn from side to side when lying down in bed... can even see a ball.. ahhah..

Jazz
my whole of 2 legs... itch until I also cannot stand... not mosquito bite ley... but hor.. the feeling is terrible loh..

missmoon, really huh? i cant help it in the office leh, coz sit til the butt kinda "numb", i wd cross my leg naturally. If like tis.. i guess i better be mindful how i sit.
Exactly loh! Like last nite.. gave my calf "a hard scratch" so now "sore".
sad.gif

fruitee, really huh? Ur legs always like tis? Coz i am qte prompt to mosquitoes' bites too. At times, i resort to using medicated oil.

jazzyjas
ya, it's a natural instinct to cross legs lor, i also like that. but now, i dun dare although i dunno how true that is lor, the bit abt the blood clot thingy.

missmoon, after u mentioned tat.. i have crossed & uncrossed 2 or 3x already.. hee..

fruitee, itcy mite be coz of skin condition changes, getting dry.

After lunch, so sleepy.. juz wanna lie on my bed. *yawn*
My bb girl drumming now.. hehe..
happy.gif

jazzyjas, me too, sleepy now
happy.gif

was actually tempted to take half day go home and catch up on sleep. heee

i heard that the medicated oil (axe oil) still ok but dun ever ever use the bai hua you??

hi ladies
just wondering if anyone is interested in denim jumper but in dress-skirt style? i was told it's available now at thyme maternity
happy.gif

missmoon, nowadays i am "trying my best" to not take leave. So if i can, i wd "ren" til end of the day. Ya.. the temptation is strong..

Isit? I dunno leh.. tat time 1st tri, always have wind, i used qte a lot of axe oil.
Nowadays, b4 i eat or apply anythg i have to thk & make sure.

jazzyjas, ya me too. trying to accummulate my leave for during maternity leave.

axe oil still ok. my colleague told me dun use the bai hua you, not good for preggie women...so i just avoid all these.

missmoon, i was taking multi-vit containing iron b4. Now to supplement with iron pills as well.

Liverpool, thanks for the info.

Ladies, I also have this itch on my left calf. Think it's becos the air was drier in NZ. Then noticed that my 3-yr old nephew also has it on his legs, so i thought it's either NZ or something at my MIL's place. Nothing to do with pregnancy.

Btw, my friend who attended Mrs Wong's Parentcraft class says not to apply stretchmark cream in circular motion (may lead to pre-term labour). Use up & down strokes.

missmoon, me more for in the 3rd tri when it wd be more tiring than now, i mite nid the leave more. U meant u wanna take ur own leave on top of the 3months ML?

Lok, thanks for the info. Guess wd juz use up & down from now on.

jazzyjas, ya, i intend to clear my leave with the maternity leave but i won't be taking the 3 months...will take 2 months and leave 3rd month optional...so i can plan to take a month off in dec (hopefully)

Hi Fruitee,
I'm using Dermaveen from Guardian Pharmacy. It's for Very Itchy & Dry Sensitive skin. Suitable for eczema too. I used it all over my body.

jazzyjas
i think the best way is to rub tummy in upwards strokes and the same for breast and buttocks area..

fruitee
i have a pair of terrible and ugly looking pair of legs ever since i got preggy.. cos they itch so much and even light scratching cos it to scar
sad.gif

really dunno wat to do about it.. can onli apply lots and lots of moisturiser during the night and pray that it will go away after birth..

liverpool
tks for the info..

YB
maybe i shld try the product u recommend but mine looks more like mosquito bites rather than eczema..

Hi MTBS,

Hubby and I just went to the baby fair at Taka. The prices are even lower than those at Kaki Bukit Baby Mart! We bought a stroller, Bumbo seat, infant carrier and some toys, but refrained from buying the cute baby clothes until we've confirmed the bb's gender next week. The fair will be on until 19th March, so there's still time if you gals wish to go.

Do you gals have any suggestions on which car seat to get? Thinking of getting one which is convertible from infant to toddler car seat. Is the one from Britax good?

Sunshine,

Is the Taka Fair worth going?

As for the convertible Infant to Toddler Seat, Combi or Britax are both good. Combi Avatar is more expensive though, Britax is wonderful. But make sure to have it placed behind the passenger front seat. Cos, convertible car seats need lots of space.

Missmoon,

I do have the same intention as you. First 2 mths straight, and the 3rd month flexible. Hopefully the company do give me the flexibility.

Hong,

The birthday Party is finally over. It's really taxing on me!!! So tiring... but worth everything. Let you have a look at my party decoration and the highlight of the party!!!

380504.jpg

380505.jpg

380506.jpg

Hi Tracy,
Dermaveen Body lotion is not for treating eczema. It basically is a body lotion that moisturise ur skin. Normally, by mosturising our skin, we reduce the dryness which normally causes rashes & itchiness.

Hi Tracy,
Btw, Dermaveen also carries a range of bath oil. Not as drying as normal shower gel. Mayb u can try & see if it works for u.

My nephew also used it when he was only a few mths old. He has very nasty rashes all over his body then & was scratching himself silly. He recovered after using Dermaveen Bath Oil & Body Lotion. That's when I started using the product too after seeing the effects.

Hi Sunshine,
Which brand & type of stroller did u get? I didn't get anything from the baby fair cos I wanted to compare the prices from Baby Hypermart & Baby Kingdom 1st. How much did u paid for the stroller?

Hi Daisyduck,

If you want to order the Elmo Agar, you can call Mr Chan at 97887807. He will then forward you a full list of agar designs he customize and you will also order through the phone. I'm very pleased with their service. Thumbs up!

YB
Thanks.. I go check it out!
happy.gif

Tracy
That goes for my leg too.. got scar liao.. haiz.. maybe will go check out the lotion YB intro... if not.. chiam

Angeline
The cake is sooooooo nice... wow..

Angeline,
I love both cakes. The figuring on the 1st cake look very real. Can be eaten right! I also order my daughter elmo cake from ecreative.

The elmo agar agar cake is also very well done.

How is the bday party?
Heh show us photo of 3 who wearing jumper leh.. hahhaa..

missmoon, if ur HR allows u to take separately for the 3rd mth, tat wd be gd. I am not sure if mine allows. Coz a colli juz came back from ML, took 3mths in a go.

tracy, thanks for the info.
happy.gif

jazzyjas, my boss actually asked me for my plan. so i told him i wld like to take 2 months first and leave 3rd month to clear for later. he said ok
happy.gif
mine too small a firm lah, i guess

Hi all,

Just like to share something of I koe of. Most BB at birth or few weeks after birth will develop some pimples-like rashes (some believe that it is caused of milk effect on new-born skin). My fren whose mother is a chines physician provided a remedy for it. I was told to get a chinese herb "red wood", most chinese medical hall sell it, one whole pack for $1. Soak a few (abt 8 sticks) in a tumbler with warm water, the water will turn pink. Bath the BB with this pink water, after few baths, the skin condition of the BB will improved. This works for my first born...

With regards to massage of tummy,
I heard from Mrs Wong from TMC during her demo at the First Mum's Congress recently that rubbing the tummy in circular motions may cause contractions, so she suggested stroking upwards to "an(1) tai(1)". It's a general demo, so for mummies with special cases, like missmoon, I think it'll be better if you ask ur gynae before you do anything
happy.gif

Angeline,
Sorry for the late reply to ur post last Thursday. Thank you
happy.gif

Liverpool,
I'll be attending the parentcraft classes at TMC starting on 18th March (Sat) 4:30-6pm... R u from my class?

Hi all MTBs,
Do you have any food cravings already? Since last week, I have sugar cravings and kept thinking of ice cold coke in the hot afternoons! Hehe... so far I have given in to my cravings during the past weekend by consuming a small cup of ice cold coke per day :p Didn't dare to let my mom or MIL know, coz they said that next time bb may get cough easily if I drink cold drinks now :p

ashleywcy
thanks for the tip
happy.gif
will double check when i sign up for classes. i dun hv any food cravings but i sometimes have strong urges to have something cold & sweet...like orange juice.

Angeline,
I would say that the Taka Fair is worth going, 'cos Baby Hypermart is selling the Britax convertible car seat at either $418 or 438 (can't remember due to preggo brain) whereas it costs $379 at the Taka fair. Will check out Combi Avatar, and thanks for your tip on the car seat placement! By the way, I love Joeson's birthday cake. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves that day!

YB,
I got the Graco Metrosport stroller for $288. It can be used from birth till about 4 years old. Which brand are you thinking of getting? There are so many choices that it was so difficult to make a choice.

hi mummies:
went to taka bb fair on last sat. here are e stuffs i bought.

Stuffs i bought:
1) Avent ISIS iQ UNO Breast Pump - $279
http://www.aventamerica.com/products/breastfeeding/breastfeeding_iquno.asp

This Avent breast pump comes in a big transparent bag with lots of freebies. Freebies include:
a) Avent Teddy Bear
b) Avent Baby Wipe - 1 pack
c) Avent Thermal Bag (similar to insulated bottle carrier can put 2 bottles n its very compact)
d) Avent Sunshade for car (2 pcs)
e) Avent Baby Moisturising Cleanser (1 bottle)
f) Avent Baby Soft Pillow
g) Avent VIA Refull Cup 180ml with lid (1 sample)
h) Avent Face Towel
i) Avent Ultra Comfort Nursing Pad (1 sample)

2) Avent Extra Soft Slow Flow Teats (1m+) - $4.12 (Avent just came out with extra soft teats if not wrong).

3) Avent 3 x 125ml Milk Bottles w Extra soft Newborn teats ($13.90)

4) Avent VIA Refill Cups for storing Breastmilk (10 x 180ml) - $7.70 (Initially i wanted to buy milk bag but milk bag very troublesome, need to buy a bottle to support e milk bags n clips to clip on the bottle, so i bought e VIA cups instead). Though instructions on the box said VIA cups can used for only 4 times but Avent staff told me can used up to 6 to 8 times once the lines disappeared.

5) Avent VIA Lids of VIA refill cups - $7.70

6) Pigeon Disposable Breast Pads (36+6 pcs) - $8.90

7) Pigeon Baby Wipes w Refill Plastic container - $5.30 (good for storing the baby wipes)

8) Pigeon Baby Wipes (3 packs) - $9.95

9) Pigeon Nail Cutter - $7.20

10) Pigeon Nail Scissors - $7.20

Babycare Festival at Singapore Expo Hall 5B:
10 - 12 March 2006
Fri & Sat : 11am to 9pm
Sun: 1 am to 8pm

Got alot of activities leh.
1) Babycare Baby Idol contests
2) Baby Marathon Crawling Competition
3) Toddler Telematch
4) A Star is Born Photo Contest
5) Meet the stars ( Sat 3pm - Evelyn Tan, Wong Li lin, Allan Wu)
(Sun 3pm - Ivy Lee, May Phua)
6) Take Family Photo at Our Fairytale Theme Photo Areas
7) Free Goodies Bag for first 1000 visitors each day which includes Nestle corn flashes, babies inc n many more.

Hi Mummies:
381101.gif

Today went for gynac appt and my bb girl weigh 530kg at 23wks. ok rite? cos gynac sort of ask me to control my weigh leh as i m petite size n i hv gained 7kg. during e scan, my bb ger very cute, was hicupped n i can feel it! During 1/2 way scanning, she changed position n went to slp
happy.gif

Japepearl:
yes my bb's kicks getting harder these days n countless liao. Me very enjoy her kicks leh.
happy.gif

wow u mean u hv a dream ah, so accurate. my mum also dreamt i m hving a bb girl n really a girl
happy.gif

YB:
For numbness, my gynac said its normal. Cos e numbness actually is on the ribs as our tummy getting bigger so tend to be numb n wil get worse during 3rd tri. She wil give me medications if i cant tolerate. but so far quite okie. no need.
Since my parentcraft on sat wkend is $189, we paid $170 after using FBI card (10% discount). u intend sign up 7th mth? hmm issit abit late? maybe sign up during 6mth+? me starting on 18 Mar.

Lok:
I wish to bring my kid back to NZ once they grow older, really miss that place. Hehe Dr. YC quite funny hor, she also said my bb girl very active but out of e blue, dunno y went to slp n show us her back lol. She said shy maybe. hehe. Dr. YC asked me control my diet since i gained 7kg. She said another 5kg to go n thats it not too much cos me petite size n scare bb too big
happy.gif
so hv u decide on which bed ward? i wil confirm on my next appt cos cant decide on 1 or 2 bedded ward.

Angeline:
wow ur boy's 1st yr bday really grand n i really love the bday cakes, so unique n lovely! u must hv spent a bomb on this celebration?
381102.jpg

Kite,
U really got alot of stuffs.
Pigeon wipe and breastpad is cheap.
Tell me if the Avent new pump is gd.

Ur baby is quite big too.

Morning hong:
Yup but seems like got more things to buy like steriliser (deciding between pigeon n avent) but most likely getting pigeon cos $40 cheaper than avent. For e pigeon wipe, the taka bb fair sellings 3 value packs for $9.95 but yest i saw $8.95 at TMC pharmacy.

Okie wil keep u update whether avent new pump is gd but i guess quite gd as u can set your own rythmn n speed u want. It comes w an electronic n a manual pump n an external spare battery pack which is convenient to bring outside to pump.

Hmm issit? my bb ger quite big 530g at 23wks? jiat liat like that i must control my diet.

Morning gals..

Kite
Think you can buy the Avent steriliser set which comes with 2 milk bottles, 1 pacifier, 1 cleaning brush, drinking bottle which I think it's very worth it...

My boy weighs 430g on my 21 weeks... he was playing with his hands when the gynae did a scan... ahhah.. I worry cos I small size & tummy still not showing much.. keep asking the gynae if the weight is ok for my boy..

Kite,

Yeah, I had in fact spent a bomb on his birthday. Could have bought him 2 quinny buzz.... yeah, it's about 1.2k.... My hubby was like, OMG. Ha ha ha....

Your baby quite big yeah? This weekend you going to the baby fair? I also interested in going, but my hubby sure give a no. Cos.... second baby liao mah, what's there to see when we have everything at home? haiz.....

Seems like you had gone on a spree yeah? Happy shopping whor....

Sunshine,

Yeah, We had all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The cake really brightened up the whole party. Everybody was going like wow, so cute.... heh heh... well worth the money spent.

Hong,

The crayon shin chan can be eaten, but in the end, it's thrown away cos nobody bear to eat it at all! Such a pity.... How I wish I can keep it for long.

sad.gif
.... let's not talk about the jumper thing already.... my hubby showed me a grumpy face whole day until I gave in and told him he need not wear it anymore. It's so upsetting.....

Fruitee....

Thanks! I love the cake too!

Hi all,
just want to ask what time u all left your house during your customary? My that idiot MIL wants me to reach her house by 0700 which mean no sleep for me for the whole entire day.
I am not worry for myself but i am concern for my sisters group.
My MIL is really a IDOIT !!! i really hate her to the core..... She never involve in planing of the wedding right from the start. Only now she get involve but she is making our life so difficult.

Back