(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

sandy, glad to know everything ok wif blood test. u done your detailed scan already?

fruitee, u done oscar scan liao, shld be ok, right? dun worry, m sure detailed scan will go well. i can't wait for mine tomorrow.

japepearl, level II is the detailed scan, right? m confused.

Jazz
I havent go ley.. going next sat for my detailed scan.. anxious loh...

Missmoon
I done my OSCAR scan already... Hopefully this detailed scan will be fine too.. Oh ya, tml yr detailed scan hor... keep us update oki?
happy.gif

Btw, its been awhile since I am here. Anyone have sign up on the prenatnal class at TMC? At the same time, anyone thinking of doing a 3D scan later on?

Opps...double post.

By the way, my wife leg seems to be bigger now. I guess must be water retention. I am massaging for her every night. Back ache seems to be gone. Night sickness also seems to be improving.

Anyone thinking of travelling during this period? Wife have been asking me to travel to taiwan next month. Is this adviceable to travel during this period of time? Any precaution or things I should do if we really go travelling?

fruitee, oscars scan = triple test? So u did oscar scan then no nid do triple rite?
i have not gone for detailed scan either.. mine wd be in 22weeks, still 2 more weeks.

missmoon, ur detailed scan wd be fine.
happy.gif

Have u gone for the pre-natal yoga u mentioned b4?
Am thking of going for some exercises oso.. coz thot "my complains & grumbles" mite be coz i dun exercise much.

jazzyjas
my gynae said can only certify me ok after detailed scan tom
happy.gif
thereafter, i will go for prenatal yoga @ telok ayer

Hong
y is your detailed scan scheduled so far back?
cannot change date meh?
mine is on the 8th.. next week..

lego_mum
congrats on having a baby girl..
have fun shopping for clothes..

liverpool,
sooo nice of u to massage your wifey everynight.. she's a lucky woman..

me already signed up for the prenantal class at TMC.. anyone attending it soon? mine will start mid this month..

liverpool,
think u better do the signup soon.. the classes are quite packed liao..

Jazz
I did my OSCAR scan also my Triple test ley... so far I did 2 blood test liao.. Asked the gynae, he said no more blood test to do liao.. I also confused. Next week for my detailed scan will be my 21 weeks liao... Time Flies!

Missmoon
Can tell me more about the prenatal yoga u going? I'm interested too!

Tracy,
Gynae is going for his reservice. Actually i can go for my detailed scan 1st but that mean my hubby got to take 2 separate days leave. We are thinking to just clear everything on the same day. So delay till gynae is back.

Fruitee,
U coming to 21 weeks. So fast!

Liverpool, still can travel.
A frd still travel to perth at 32 weeks. I will be travelling when i am in 25 weeks.
Just get a "green light" from gynae.

Lego, congrats!

Tracy,
Ha ha...I bit kaisu, think if most of them recall. I already sign up my package in somewhere is Jan. I think I am the 1st here to sign up. I am taking up the weekend classes, thinking will be starting mid nxt mth. This mth last day leh? U sure u starting mid this mth????

Hi Lego Mum,

I had my detailed scan yesterday too...my girl is only 304g. I think she's a bit on the lighter side. The whole process was quite fast, maybe becos baby was cooperative. Hee....

Hong,

As both of us share the same EDD, can I know how many weeks pregnant are u? My gynae said I'm 19 weeks but I always thot I'm 20, going 21 weeks, going by the babycentre calendar which they calculate based on my EDD!! I'm rather confused!

missmoon, update us when u start ur yoga class. Qte interested to join.
happy.gif

fruitee, i did 2 blood test oso. Gynae din mention anymore other tests to be done. Now waiting to do the detailed scan.

may, my EDD is 2 days after u & this week wd be 20weeks.

Liverpool,
I just did my 3D scan this morning (part of the package), my baby is about 450g still very skeleton like, skin and bone only... hb said wan to show her mum the pic but i think it might scare her. You might want to do that a bit later if you are paying extra to get that done.

Hello Tracy and Hong,

Thanks! I'm relieved that the detail scan went so far so gd, although minor defects are difficult to detect, at least the major ones are excluded.

May,

I think babies will gain weight very quickly from the 2nd tri so should be fine. My detail scan took almost 45 min cos my naughty girl showed us all her backside. Luckily the sonographer was patient enough to wait till she turned :p

Hong
Ya loh... Time really flies!

Jazz
Ya loh.. I think I also left with the detailed scan liao.. by the way, you also interested in the yoga class that Missmoon mentioned ah.. Maybe we can join Missmoon in the classes??
happy.gif

May,
we shared same EDD? I didnt notice.. hahaa.

We shld be in our 19 weeks now. U got ur scan back everytime? there is a date stated the weeks and days of the baby. U use that as a guide.

See u already gone for ur detailed scan and i have to wait till i am 22 weeks.

Angeline,
Where are u?

May, I can understand your confusion. My EDD is 2 days after yours and this Thurs, I am considered 20 weeks pregnant (per babycenter definition - having finished 20 weeks), going on 21st week. This is consistent with my gynae's definition. Guess it's best to trust your gynae, afterall it is their profession.

Hi

This forum is going so fast I have trouble keeping in pace. There is so much to read that by the time I finish, I'll be so tired and aching all over :p

MTBs who will be delivering at Gleneagles,
Anyone knows if Gleneagles have antenatal/parentcraft classes also? My friend recommended TMC's but I thought since I'll be at Gleneagles, might as well attend the classes there....

Also, anyone gone for hospital tours yet?

Japepeal, could you add me to your list?
>> EDD 12 July, Gleneagles, Dr Lisa Chin, Girl
happy.gif

Thanks!

Gals,

I wonder if any of you op-ing for the Bloodcord thingy.. I going to check with TMC about their charges ley...

Hi poppy,

u with Dr Lisa Chin too?? Me too. She just bought a 3D ultrasound machine eh? Hopefully we can catch our baby is 3D mode soon.

I'm also delivering at Gleneagles but have signed up for Mt A parent craft classes instead.

I'm going for the hospital tour next month. I guess from there, can also better decide whether its one bedder or two bedder.

hi poppy
yes, gleneagles have antenatal classes but i hear not too good reviews about them.

hi fruitee
ya, am finding out more abt it
happy.gif
shld be opting for the cord blood thing.

Missmoon
I wonder what's the one time payment then sub yr payment.. so many things to find out... Heard it's pretty ex loh... gonna save money liao..
happy.gif

Hi May

Yah noticed we share the came doctor
happy.gif

Dr Chin's new machine has very clear images of baby. Can almost see baby's features on the screen! My baby was moving her lips like saying hello during the last scan :D

How much is the Mt A parentcraft class?

You arranged directly with the hospital on the tours? maybe I should arrange same day as my next appt with Dr Chin.

Hong,

Ha ha ha, came into the thread today to see what's going on and saw you looking for me!!! I was busy past few days cos in another 4 day's time, it's my boy's first birthday and I can tell you, to get into details of everything, tedious!!! Moreover, today is his lunar birthday, my MIL insisted on praying to ancestors with some traditional stuffs, and also, go through the process of him choosing stuffs to see what kind of career he'll be in future. And guess what?!!! The first item he took was the $10 note we cheekily left there. My boy sure money faced.

Fruitee,

When I had my boy last year, I also was considering about the blood cord thing. But seeing the cost of it, me and my hubby eventually decided against it. Cost really quite alot to store it for 18 yrs? Or more? Cos I head the blood from the cord will not be effective anymore once kids reach a certain age.

Juronggal,

How are you now? Everything ok?

Apologies for the drive-by..........so busy!!!

Yup, level II and detailed scan is the same thing. In countries like US and UK, they tend to call the detailed scan as the Level II scan. Over here in Singapore, we call it the detailed scan.
happy.gif

lego mom & may - Congrats in getting a princess!!!

Table Updated:
<table border=1><tr><td>NAME</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> OBGYN</TD><TD> HOSPITAL</TD><TD> GENDER</TD><TD> NAMES </TD></TR><TR><TD>japepearl</TD><TD> 03 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.C.Cheng</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zita27</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.T.Tan</TD><TD> KK/SGH</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Li May</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.K.Lee</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>MTDT</TD><TD> 07 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Yvonne Soong</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sleepygarfield</TD><TD> 09 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.E.S.Teoh</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>millie</TD><TD> 10 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Adrian B Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC / Mt.A</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joan</TD><TD> 10 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Douglas Ong</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> Julian </TD></TR><TR><TD>liverpool11</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.C.Cheng</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pepper</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.H.Chan</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mel</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Chandra</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jurong gal</TD><TD> 11 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.C.H.Koh</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kin</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.S.C.Chew</TD><TD> Mt.E</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>NOIF</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. John Tee</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pooh</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Tham</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poppy</TD><TD> 12 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Lisa Chin</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lego_mom</TD><TD> 15 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lawrence Ang </TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jasline</TD><TD> 15 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. K.T.Tan</TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fruitee</TD><TD> 15 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Adrian B Woodworth</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandy Kerk</TD><TD> 17 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Chen </TD><TD> Mt.A </TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lala</TD><TD> 17 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hong</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lisa Chin</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jessie Seah</TD><TD> 18 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Y.W.Lim</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>littlebaby~Val</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr Tham</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>YB</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Kowa </TD><TD> Mt.E</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>missmoon</TD><TD> 19 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Christopher Chen</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dear</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.L.N.Sim</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lok</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Yvonne Chan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jazzyjas</TD><TD> 20 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.K. Chow</TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Z-Lia</TD><TD> 23 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Selina Chua</TD><TD> Mt.E</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Upie</TD><TD> 24 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Ho</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Angeline Neo</TD><TD> 25 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Clifton Chan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>eeyore</TD><TD> 25 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.K.K Ho</TD><TD> Mt.E</TD><TD> Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Laura</TD><TD> 25 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Adrin Tan </TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunshine</TD><TD> 25 Jul 06</TD><TD> Prof. Mary Rauf</TD><TD> NUH</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD> 26 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Adrian Tan</TD><TD> TMC </TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ashleywcy</TD><TD> 29 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.W.K.Tan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>chrys</TD><TD> 30 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Joyceline Wong</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>RT's Wife</TD><TD> 30 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joline</TD><TD> 31 Jul 06</TD><TD> Dr.Y.Y.Tan</TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> -</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Poppy,

ya, the 3D machine is so clear that can see the baby's lips. Btw, i think she will charge us more when we request for 3D images. Dun think they are so generous right...Heee...

You have to call the hospital directly to book for the tours. I'm also planning to do mine together with my next visit.

As for the MT A parentcraft class, it's 140 for couple who are not delivering at the hospital. I heard TMC has good parentcraft classes too but it's more expensive for us who are not delivering there. I think it's more than 180 or 210..cant remember.

Hi Hong and Lok,

Thanks for explaining abt the EDD thing. Ok, so I'm 19 weeks only. Sigh. My tummy is rather huge now..cant imagine when its 36 or 42!

Hi Poppy,

ya, the 3D machine is so clear that can see the baby's lips. Btw, i think she will charge us more when we request for 3D images. Dun think they are so generous right...Heee...

You have to call the hospital directly to book for the tours. I'm also planning to do mine together with my next visit.

As for the MT A parentcraft class, it's 140 for couple who are not delivering at the hospital. I heard TMC has good parentcraft classes too but it's more expensive for us who are not delivering there. I think it's more than 180 or 210..cant remember.

Hi Hong and Lok,

Thanks for explaining abt the EDD thing. Ok, so I'm 19 weeks only. Sigh. My tummy is rather huge now..cant imagine when its 36 or 42!

Hi Poppy,
Would be delivering at Gleneagles. Have not gone for the hosp tours, thot wd do so in 3rd Tri. I have not sign for the antenatal classes bt sd be having them in GlenE.

Fruitee &amp; missmoon, i have heard abt this bloodcord thingy bt i dun really have any idea wat it is.. can u explain? Y is it expensive?

I have not thk abt or sign up any prenatal classes, am i too late??

I have some info on Cordlife. There is another cord blood banking service provider but Cordlife is apparently the one that is accredited. As for the fees, schedule 1 on pg 9 is for patients from all hospital except NUH while schedule 1a on Pg 10 is the fees for patients delivering in NUH.

If you sign up with CORDLIFE and is a FBI cardholder, therell be a discount of $50 off your storage fee from the 2nd yr to the 10th year. (The year of birth is regarded as 1st yr).

I think cord blood banking is becoming popular and its potential is not fully realised yet. Well this is like buying insurance (we pay and hope don't have to use it).

Attachments are too big, can't upload them.

Here's the URL instead: http://www.cordlife.com

Hubby and I are considering this based on our family's medical history. There is a one-off fee of abt $1200 and then annual storage fees of $250 (before FBI discount).

Hi gals...

talking abt cord blood banking, there are 3 companies that does that in SG.

www.scbb.com.sg
This is FOC as you will be donating ur bb's cord blood to the organisation. Means that it will be available to anyone of the public. But of cos, we know tat the chances of matching it is quite slim. So in case the donor needs to use his own cord blood, high chance it will still be there. But the donor now would hv to pay like $10k to use it.

These 2 are private companies...
www.cordlife.com
www.stemcord.com

but my fren was saying.. it will be cheaper to have another kid if the first kid needs cord blood! hahaha.

Jazz
Yah, after our detailed scan, maybe we can join Missmoon for the yoga classes.. at least got company also..
happy.gif

For the cordblood thingy, it's like saving life for others or *touchwood* if next time anything happens can be of good usage loh.. The reason why it's ex becos of the storage.. It's storage until our bb is until certain age. that's the least I know... trying to find out more loh..

Lok &amp; MTDT,
Thanks for the info.

I have heard of this cord blood thing. But find it quite expensive, especially the one-off fee. Still considering whether I should take up. Any MTBs has decided to take up?

Looks like a lot of baby fairs coming up, time to shop! Heard of this Baby Hypermart. Any MTBs know where is the Hypermart, and is it cheaper than the shopping centres? Any other places that sell cheap cheap items?

I am thinking of buying Bumbo Baby Seat. Any MTBs also thinking of buying this item?

Juronggal,
How are you? Everything fine?

liverpool
i mean mid of march.. me taking weekday classes..

lego_mum
must be soo relief to hear all is fine..
me getting sooo anxious about the detailed scan.. praying hard that bb will be healthy..

jas
me already bought the bumbo baby seat..
got it at taka..was very cheap then.. it was gg at $79.90..
heard from experience mummies that it is a must buy thing.. hee hee

hahaha sandy
no worries la.. guess yr baby is excited for u too..

jazzyjas, fruitee
me also interested in yoga lei..
let me noe info if u guys have any..

btw any of u gals keep pets?

sandy
oh dear...but do try not to worry abt that now cos it also means bb is growing well. your dress is the fitting kind?? too late to change?

tracy
i can understand what you're feeling cos i hv butterflies in tummy now and it's not bb moving
happy.gif
me going for detailed scan and can't help but keep thinking about it...worry and all. even had dreams about it last nite. so the only thing to do now is to try and keep calm. when's your detailed scan??

hi mums.. how r u all doing?
happy.gif

I am suffering from backache.. Anyone experiencing this problem? Any remedy? My job requires alot of sitting, sleeping also pain, walking, sitting also pain, now every movement also pain.. at the right side..
sad.gif

Back