(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

Barber in NY

There was once a very good barber in NEW YORK, who gave Free Haircuts to everybody who came into his shop to have their haircuts.

One day a florist went to him for a haircut.
After the cut, he wanted to pay the barber, but the barber replied: 'It's alright, I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service.' The Florist was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open his shop,there was a thank you card and a dozen roses waiting at his door .

A policeman went for a haircut and he also wanted to pay the barber after the cut. But the barber replied: 'I cannot accept money from ! you. I am doing community service.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open his shop, there was a thank you card and a dozen donuts waiting at his door.

A Singaporean software engineer went for a haircut and he also wanted to pay the barber after the cut. But the barber replied: 'I cannot accept money from you. I am doing community service.' The Singaporean software engineer was very happy and left.

The next morning when the barber went to open his shop, guess what he found there............



Can you guess?



Come on, think like a Singaporean....



have you got the answer ........... ?????





come on .............






guess..








guess..






guess...............................................







<font color="ff0000">a dozen Singaporeans waiting for free haircuts!</font>
 


Hi Aishite, Cheer up my day, thank you. Just know that I need to go outstation for 2 week this morning, make me so moody for the whole morning...sianz..
 
Angeline, ya i also agree with Paula, above 37.6 then consider fever. Celest's cc so ma fan leh..

Btw, 1 case of HFMD reported at Jerica's cc today...scary..

Paula, Jerica's cc also starting the Multiple Intelligience Project from 5th to 30th May..sounds happening leh..

Cutiezayn, hugs...can understand how you feel..
 
Angeline, I think Celect's CC very KS. Then you must be busy bringing her there and back...poor mummy with yr heavy stomach.

Spice, better look up. Once there is case reported it normally will not last so fast unless the school close immediately and do the cleaning up. takecare...
 
Cutiezayn, ya lor..was thinking whether to confine her at home 1st. Luckily tmr I need to go out during working hours, so most likely won't bring her in.
 
Paula- oh din noe those u posted are chelona. Haha

Those searching for cc... Can check out mindchamps preschool at toa payoh.

Lyn and those tat believe in sm- why din consider the SM cc? Think call brain sch she or something rite?
 
paula,aishite

where r u gers goin on Fri? can i join? I feel like bringin Mandy out but I need to find a nanny for Shannon 1st for a couple of hours.. cant handle 2 manz... hehehe
 
cutie/spicegal

yalor..they very KS lei...scare to die..their centre still zero case..imagine celest 60&amp; nv go to cc during april her 1st mth...n till now i already went back to fetch her 3x back already lei...so irritating n angry this morning tt i told paula i forgotten to brush my teeth/washup before leaving the house.
 
Spicegal,
Alamak... is the infected child from J's class? Good to confine her for two to three days first before sending her back.

Yea, the school is really happening. Kell's school MI will last till mid June. Seems like their teachers are required to attend training quite often too. Goody goody good!
 
Rodeo
Heart-pain, posted a v long note on SIBOR, but it went missing.

In a nutshell:
1. SIBOR should stay pat or drift lower for rest of this year due to weak US economy and high local inflation
2. If it were to head north, earliest should be Q2 next year only
3. Highest historical rate was 20% (1997-1998, fluke and came back v quickly)
4. Average SIBOR in last 10 years was 4-5% (if my memory is correct, need a bloomberg for this)
 
Mummies, cannot sleep so here I am reading posts..haha..

Angeline, must be very tiring for you to keep bringing her back, especially now that you are pregnant.

Paula, luckily the infected child is not from her class, but the kids mingle around during TV session and meal times so have to be careful also lor. I will not be bringing her to school today as might need to go out in the afternoon. Next Fri, the school is closed as the teachers are attending training.
 
Poohy
Did you get a kitchen set last year for S? I am looking for one. Is the one you got still popular with your kids? Which model is it? I am looking for one for G's bday. Don't know still in time to get or not...
 
Hi All,

Where to get kitchen set? Or is there any other role play sets that are nice? I lookeda t Aprisin - don't have kitchen set leh....This one is from toysrus.

http://www.toysrus.com.sg/toysrus/specialoffer/jsp/newSGListProduct.jsp?action=KeywordSearch&amp;lang=en&amp;keyword=kitchen#

Is the Step 2 kicthen good?

This mommy terrible...her bday is this weekend and I havent book cake or buy presents....
happy.gif
 
Good morning

Aishite: Thanks for your summarised info on SIBOR. Hmm, if av is 4-5%, then I should not switch cos will end up paying higher rates in the longer term. The missing thingy happened to me few times before too. So now, I will type on notepad 1st, then paste onto the box in SMH webby. U try this method next time.

Spicegal: How come 4+am can't get to sleep?

Joyfulmum: Both sets look quite good but they look big. I can't rem the brand ER has. Got it from Robinsons sales. MTDT posted the picture previously. It has ironing board, washing machine, sink, small oven + stove. He'll still play with it on &amp; off.
 
wen,

the one I got was sturdy and from little tikes. But as of all little tikes and step2 toys, its pretty bulky... my children likes to play with it but I realised that I should have just bought those smaller wooden ones like those in Mother's Garden. Those take up less space and serve the same purpose.

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/cookin-fun-interactive-kitchen.aspx?Ne=1&amp;N=26+144

MTDT,

I wanted to buy that kitchen set with grill. But I figured that it will be difficult to flush the kitchen to the wall when I need space... so I drop the idea. Actually I found out to the kids, it does not matter hehee.. even those wooden ones with very little accessories they would be playing happily. S normally use the cheap plastic 1-piece stove and sit on the floor to cook more often
happy.gif
I think its me who like the kitchen set more hehee...

Anyway, I am now going to throw/donate/sell as many toys as possible. I am getting sick of having so much toys lying here and there. Sigh.. I realised that too many is not good too. The children ends up losing concentration and focus. Going to change strategy in my house hopefully in June when I am able to take leave to clean it up.
 
Poohy,
So a kitchen set is good to have but not necessary...I was thinking hard... I want to give her some role play opportunity but too much toys lying around in the house as well. My mom said she is so contented with picking up things and play at home that she refused to go out to the park these days...maybe a kitchen set is not exactly a good idea afterall. Or maybe I should get one which is scaled down. What is Mother's Garden?

What other things are suitable for our tots? I am getting mega blocks, a bike, a few puzzles, maybe National Geographic maths...and thinking to get some role play toys...any ideas? I am getting on behalf of her aunties and uncles too coz they all dont know what to give her...so I have some budget to spend..keke..
 
MTDT: Yup, that's right! It's a compact kitchen set....pretty sturdy.

Joyful: I agree with poohy. Actually the tods don't really need a very nice kitchen set. If I had not bot the kitchen set, ER won't feel the loss also :p
 
wen,

Mother's garden is a shop at vivo city which sells cute wooden kitchen sets
happy.gif


Megablocks and Legos had always been my favourite toys for them. In role play cooking, kitchen set is optional... can buy those kitchen utensils and some toys food. Those that can cut type
happy.gif
My kids love to stir fry those.

Another one of J's favourite is Little People sets. She spent hours playing with her Little People and Legos. Those are about the only things she need... think I should get rid of other toys.

I felt guilty after seeing your list. This year for S &amp; J, I had not buy much toys at all even for birthday. My house just had so much toys.. I would had long thrown away if not for no.3 coming. So I am planning to take a few days leave to sort through all the toys and keep a small portion only.
 
actually i only hv kitchen utensils sets for zav too. and agree totally tat zav still enjoys his role play with them
happy.gif
 
Poohy,
I think I will pay Mother Garden a visit. You are right about too much toys is not necessarily good, especially if there is no ration system around..haha. G still love her Little People playhouse set.

Let me know if you are selling off your toys. Maybe beneficial to me..keke.

I haven't got any Lego for her yet. Seems like Mega blocks is quite nice too.

How do you find your National Geographic maths set?

I didn't intend to splash on gifts for her but her aunties and uncle and grandparents gave me a budget to spend so I might as well spend it. They want to give a gift, not angpow, coz then G can relate the toy to them. That is why I am scratching my head now.
happy.gif
 
Joy
I am not good at recommending toys to buy but I am ok at catching prices of stuff when these are near their lows.

There's tis toy wholesaler place at Arab Street where you can source for products at steep discount to the likes of what you see at Toy R Us, Little Tikes etc. Suggest that you can go there and take a peek, you might get a gem here and there. Another eg was last week I was at Toy R Us bazzar, and after trawling through the toys, I got around 8 toys for $114,all fun stuff that I had been meaning to get for some time. Let me ask my hub for the Arab Street contacts and I will text you then.
 
wen,

ohh hehee.. my relatives all give ang paos too but they din say must spend it so I just keep it for them.

Sadly I had not started on the NG maths set yet. Only go through the NG literacy set... its quite nice though the books a little fragile.. I dun dare to let J touch them herself, she will most likely tear it up. I bought 2 Little Einstein book for her and she tore them up... she loves to read but somehow also likes to tear books. Irriates me cos I treasure books a lot and dun like to see them being tortured.

Which Little People playhouse set do u get? Where did u get it? I wanna buy J a playhouse for her birthday leh... cos she really enjoys playing with her little people.... those are her babies... she will talk to them and even kiss them.
happy.gif
I figure if I buy one for her they will have a place to sleep at night instead of lying all over the playmat like now.
 
Thanks, Aishite. Would love to get bargains if possible. Still can't justify all the spending on toys especially they outgrow so fast...

I was at Toysrus last Sat - UE. But was rushing so couldn't queue. Saw this Just like home kichten set at $30 down from $99! Sigh!
 
Poohy
How much did you pay for the Nat Geo maths and literacy set? And where did you source it? Some pp I know are kinda mad over this and I wanna leaf through them for myself :)
 
morning mummies - been a busy week for me... nxt week will be a busier week, cos i will be shifting...

aishite - for NG sets - you can contact eAdventure for viewing. Andy does home demo, alternatively, you can go down to their showflat neat Kt Bukit. J loves the NG books... the photos are lovely.... illustrations are simple.
happy.gif
 
ashite,

ya I bought it at the same time as toto and the others and the discount was similar
happy.gif
Cant remember exact price though.

toto,

do u let J handles the NG books ? I am v worried abt letting my kids handle the books hehehee.. maybe I shd relax more... else they wont be able to learn
happy.gif
 
aishite - aiyo - was down with flu that day, so missed the O. further, we are moving to the US, so no need to send J to Jubilee Kidz liao... pray i will be able to find J a good sch in the US... seems like not much choices within the vicinity.
 
<font face="tahoma"> aishite,
i wanna the toys contact too!

16 May 08 - I will be at Sentosa too!!!! Going to book a room there
happy.gif
</font>
 
asihite - the arab street toys place is "taising"
http://www.taising.com/

Little pple - U gals never go to the Mattle sale? alot of little pple stuff on 50% disocunt. Toysrus sale - also good place to comb for toys

Oh, btw i hear toysrus at vivo is having 50% discount on selected little pple (this animal zoo set). UP is $100+, now selling for $49.90. might be a good buy.
happy.gif
 
aishite: I have NG Maths, Rigby Literacy, Sunshine Books &amp; Sunshine Chinese. Burnt a hole in my pocket the last time I went their showroom. So far, started on some of the books with ER but he seems more interested in sticker books and puzzles.

poohy: Agree that the books are quite fragile. They have become giam chai after ER's rough handling. He tore 1 of a NG Maths book. Have to repair using scotchtape. Sigh....
 
MTDT
Lobang queen! Tks for the Arab Street contact, that's the one!

Joy, Mspiggy
Go check out MTDT's posting above, that's the one I was alluding to.

Mspiggy
Solid! Which hotel r u at, maybe we can hang out at the beach near there so all can spend some time together. (I am v tempted to gatecrash your room, but no worries, just joking here)
 



Back
Top