(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

kk,

ya very crowded and parking wise i always hv to wait very long. I think Singapore very small lah and many places are crowded during wkends.

hi chris

i tot the kick and play piano is pretty good, you should take it back and let Christian use it. in fact i just bought it from the JL sale.

hei kk,
my boy has that rattled YJ is holding in her hands too. haha.
guess 'great minds think alike' (btw, we r in same profession)

i mean, rattle. haha...

yes, Eve...i will love to have it back at my place too except that when christian goes over, we are afraid he doesn't have much toys to play with, so that's why...then again, mil doesn't know how to maximise use of that thing so also quite sad. sigh. real dilemma.

chris,

Haha, u know wat.. that rattle was bought when i was desperate at OG, not knowing what to top up when i wanted the OG card haha..

Hi mummies,

Just came back from my trip...

For those of you who has confirmed to attend the positive babies class can you please PM me your emial address as I trying to send yous the registration form... cannot send attachement via PM ...

Thank you

hi mummies,

for those who did not participate in Ivy's wet suit bulk purchase, any idea where to buy something similar? kiddy palace carries 1 design of wetsuit only and the rest are swimming trunks with built in diaper.

ydnic,

i think the weather did play a part. my boy has sensitive skin and his heat rash , any rashes also breakout. PD advise dun bring bb out often these few wks.

chris,

ask christian to come over to play with xavier when he is at your mil house...got many toys at my mum house..haha...

Mummies,
Although my aunt teach my baby some words each day and play music for him, Somehow i think my boy is getting 'old'...listening to old people conversation everyday as my mum and aunt are taking care of him...haha...Better to bring him out to meet babies more often, else he is will be 'old' baby!

okasan,
People are prettyamazed that he can sit on his own now. We just think it's cute, like a small mountain when we put him on the dining table to sit while we eat. I bought his clothes cheap off Ebay, something like US$5.

ydnic,

my bb on Enfalac and it can be use till 6mths. When 7mths can change to enfapro A+ 2. Recently i receive a sample tin fm the PD and she advise to change to enfapro A+ 2 when he is 7mths

hi Ivy,

my parents bring my boy to the food centre every morning. he is surrounded by the uncles & aunties in the neighbourhood. i also intend to bring him out to meet and play with my friends' babies soon.

Ivy, Little nana, Sponge, Fates, Milo66, gummie & taurus...

Thanks for your concern on keane... Really touched!At least, I feel "balance"...Ivy thanks for paying visit to keane when he was hospitalized.

Mummies,

Many times, I complaint how tiring to look after keane... He wakes up every hour from 1.30-6.30am nightly and only sleep at 11+.

My hubby doesnt want 2 put keane @ my ma's place overnights ( Fr Mon - thur). Even through keane can sleep through @ my parents place. He also doesnt want 2 put keane alone in another room despite the door is wide open... stated that he is too young.

Ended up, I have 2 hrs sleep nightly.. due to prolong lack of rest, i suffer migraine, giddy and puking out food often.. chinese sinseh states i have such systoms due to lack of sleep... Sigh!

Everytime, hb will say to help out when i showed my anger... only do things 1/2 way...

Last friday, i took 1/2 day to rest @ home before keane is back. ended up, spent time 2 2 hse work.... :~(

I took painkiller to ease my migraine so that i can look after keane. While feeding keane e heinz veggie mash (nightly routine). Keane will cry for it until he has it.TOLD HB 2 wash e milk bottle n make milk.He answered yes.

After the solid food, i wiped keane and dress him with new clothes... put him in laying position in e cot bed. i turned round to get the milk bottle but I can't find it. Hubby was already sleeping soundly.Without 2nd thought, I rushed out 2 look 4 milk bottle b4 keane crys.(doesnt want him to wake up hb n neighbours since already 11+).

Hb washed e milk bottle n left it in the kitchen. When i came out from kitchen. I saw hb carried keane out. Yelled loudly @ me, scolded me 4 letting keane fell down from the cot bed...

He didn't cried loud until hb n I quarrelled. he looked drowsy, wanted to close his eye.. Hb kept calling his name...

My mind suddenly "awake" on e way 2 KK.. then i realised keane suffered head injury.. i started to panic and sob...

Keane had a crack in his right brain skull, blood cot below head skin @ right side too. 1st 6hrs, doc n nurse keep measured his blood pressure, body temperature and eye ...
Luckily, he doesnt have internal bleeding from the 1m height fall. Docs comment that keane's brain skull is soft and able to absorb the high height impact...
This lesson educate me well that carelessness really costy... Miracle that i can go without sleep for 72hrs just to monitor keane condition...despite i suffered migraine and giddiness...

Annie,

oh dear! i am sorry to hear about what happened. dun blame yourself. i think you have to insist on getting help because you cannot cope with your poor health. if your hubby argues, tell him that you need to stay healthy and be there for Keane.

annie,

dun stress urself out. get ur hb to help out as u cant do everything urself. hopefully keane gets beta nw ya... u take care 2...

Annie,

Dun worrie too much....keanne will get better. u really need to take care of urself if not how to take care of him?

Better to have a good talk w ur hubby. Initially I'm also like him..refused to leave my son at my MIL over the nite coz they tend to pamper him by put him in the sarong the whole nite and keeps "yao-ing" the sarong....me dun like...coz at home I just leave him in the cot...but when I see how his cough is getting better under her care, I relented.....also I get more sleep...keke
if u put it this way to ur hubby he may relent, else ask him to take care of bb when u go to sleep. one or 2 nites, he sure will give up
happy.gif

dear annie, my heart sank what has happend to keane, do take care and god bless the little one to recovery.

Annie,

Not wanting to sow discord between you and your hubby, to be honest, I feel like STRANGLING him! How can he do things halfway (ie putting milk bottle in kitchen, instead of nearer to you) and yet blame you for the fall? Do have a heart-to-heart talk with him regarding your severe lack of sleep. Ask him to put himself in your shoe ya?

Poor Keane...hope he is feeling better now!

annie,

happen to read the thread about keane's fall... I feel so sorry for him and you. Really thank God he is ok and u really must take care of your health... not easy to keep feeling migraine, giddy, nauseaus... (me too!. tension headache at work daily)...

agreed with fates, pls have a good talk with your hubby. Both parents have equal responsibility over the child and must take care of him together. when something happen to the child, the least productive thing to do is to blame. Gotta be understanding cos we parents (mums or dads) are the last person on earth to ever want something to happen to our babies. I really can only try to understand your heart pain... my heart breaks when my 4 mth girl was given IV plug already.. not to mention fracture...

Mummies,
Thanks for your concern.. i feel more balance now..

Hb knows my health condition. He still insist taking care keane by ourselves nightly... despite how ill i am..

My parents already offered to help out so many times... guess they must be heartache to see their daughter suffers so much..

These days as a parent myself, i really feel so heartache to see my ma has to rush to my sis place everyday to help to look after keane ever since keane had e fall.. My sis will wait till i reach her place before she has her dinner. She is afraid that her gal will accidentally touched keane's right bun (e injured area)... My sis already preggie 4mths+. I feel so paiseh that she has to bear her hunger, just wanting her maid to take full care of keane (when my ma rush back home to cook dinner for my father n brother)...

I feel so fortune to have my ma n my sis help.. i do hope that my hb will really understand the real problems lie behind....

Keane alway made some noises for the past few nights during his sleep.. bet that he must be in pain... I guess these days, tears helped to wash my tired face..

He is such a cheerful and sensible baby. I still remembered that on tuesday afternoon, i cried in front of him when he touched his right ear n head to indicate pain.. he touched tears rose down on my chin.. he gave me a big smile.. seems to tell that he is ok.. dont cry mummy...

Last night, hb suggested to put keane at my parents' place from mon- wed and bring back on thur evening till sunday...

Twist my fingers that i didnt hear wrongly.. hopefully, he really knows...

Looking forward this sunday lesson.... keane enjoys and forget the terrible incident... hope that he wont has this nightmare ever...

hi Annie

I am snail, my bb is also may bb.. seldom log into motherhood cos of wk... but today happened to c ur posting.. when i read it, i cant stop my tears from flowing..

can really feel ur heartpain for keane who is such a clever and good bb.. he knows mummy is wking hard for him and sayang mummy.. this is so sweet..

Continue to count your good blessing of having a gd bb and supportive family but also take good care of health.. Mommy got to be healty so that we can continue to provide the best for our bb..

Hi Annie,
Here's a big hug for you ***HUG***
You are so strong to endure thru' all your giddiness and lack of sleep. Stay cheerful! Keane will get well soon, and he won't remember a thing!

annie... so sorry to hear of what happened. Hope Keane is better now. U too must take care. Take some essense of chicken to "BU" a bit.

Mummies,
Thanks for the sms and the msg posted here.. really brighten my days.. I am touched that so many pp concern keane and myself.

Really cant pin hope on what my hb suggested the day b4. Put keane @ my ma place from Mon - Wed..

Last night, he stated that I am not a good mother whose only wants to put keane away.. He highlight that he is stressful to face my complains abt the tiredness and the countless hse work that he already tried to help..

All the while, i can't figure out why he can't accept to put keane overnight at my ma's place since keane can sleep through.. Until, my colleagues stated that my mil might be the one that behind ....

I am not sure whether am i +ve or 2 -ve 2wards to mil ever since keane was born. First, she naggy that keane has a hole in e heart becos i opt for c-section. She kept naggy that keane didnt look like my hb and showed v clearly that she wasnt happy at all.She accused that i didnt want 2 breast feed keane.(He didnt want 2 latch on).. She got angry with me when she learnt that i made keane to practice tummy exercise... stated too young.. She claims that keane will be slow in learning langugage when she learnt that my ma took care keane and spoke to him in Hokkien for nearly a mth (when my sis changed maid). She scolded me for not letting keane has night feeding when she saw keane few weeks ago.. stated that he is 2 skinny...

I did ask her to help to take care keane when i was preggie.. She rejected, stated that she has many activities participate @ those CC..

Hence, i seek my sis help and only heard from hb that his ma 1s 2 take care keane oni day time (2 mths ago)... I remembered that my reply was impossible for us to rush from Sengkang to Bt batok every am n evening time. Moreover, our work places @ east side..

Ever since keane fell, my own family members put in every effort to help and even offer to look after keane day n night till he fully recovery...yet hb still doesn't want to accept...

Yesterday, brought keane to see doctor again.. his right ear has infection..might due to the fall.. (mid ear) Pd stated has to take extra attention since mid ear infection might link to deaf..

My sis in law takes a day off today to take care my niece so that his maid can take full care on keane.. i wonder when will my own hb learn?

I wonder when is my limit toward my hb.. He simply cant understand, no matter how many times i talked to him... dragging ourselves so tired everyday doesnt mean we are doing a good parent duty..

If not, becos both of us are too tired, keane wont suffers today..

Maybe, this incident isnt that serious enough for him to realise.. just as what the kkh docs asked us " Why and whats make us to send keane to hospital in the 1st place" Is keane - yr 1st bb? Only child?

Frankly speaking, i didnt ans the docs as i really didnt know how to ans..

Hi, Annie and gals, forgive me for entering this thread...was asked by my galfriend to read abt your situation...she's concerned and was wondering how else to lessen your sad feelings...was talking to me abt it as I have a little counselling background.

Annie, accidents do happen everywhere. You just have to have a clear conscience that you did not plan them. Sorry to hear abt your lovely Keanne. Have faith that Nature wills babies in such a way that there is some 'protection' for them in every aspect so take heed that your Keanne isn't left out. He will grow in strength and health.
happy.gif

A hole in a heart is of course saddening to hear abt but I would like to encourage you that I know of a boy whose heart has been 'mended' naturally when he grew older. There is no scientific proof that it is caused by C-section. Ask your MIL which doctor she heard from?
kao_dizzy.gif

I am concerned abt the hint of bitterness over your hubby and the frustrations due to juggling work and family coupled w the 'intrusion' and unproductive comments of your MIL. If this continues in the long run, it will prove detrimental to your relationship. Remember the love you have in the first place and how to keep the flame burning. Marriage is abt a lifetime and it takes 2 hands to clap. He must be willing to continue to clap w you. Is there any way of improving the situation? See a marriage therapist or speak to your gynae who can actually recommend someone? Or have some 'serious' talk? Or rearrange some habits and lifestyle? Dun fall into the risk of developing post-natal depression. It will just crept into your life without you even being aware of it. I have seen such cases and it is definitely not good to go through it.
sad.gif

Just voicing out of concern for you. You take care and may you have the strength, patience and wisdom to deal w the 'crisis' at hand...

My apology to any one here who may be offended by my post.
kao_cheers.gif

hi annie,

feel sad to hear what had happened. Maybe seeing a counsellor like what amy suggest will really helps. An objective third party can help both of u see things in new perspective.

I will keep you and especially keane in prayers... really really hope that he will grow up happy and healthy and u will feel happier and less tired.

Annie,

It's only natural for us parents to send bb to hospital from such a fall, so don't be too concern about the doc's comments k? Got nothing to say about your husband.....sigh..

Are you still bringing Keane for Sunday's class? Better not leh...he can't go through any exercises or extreme movements right? Take care..

Annie.
Fates is right, Keane is prob not suitable for Sunday class if he is also having ear infection. More rest will do him good. Dun worry about the class, we can still have it even if its 9 of us as 8 babies was supposed to be the max.

As for your family problems, pls take firm actions and talk to your hubby, maybe as wat Amy had mentioned, a 3rd party person will be a better choice.

I have done a search for you:
http://app.mcys.gov.sg/web/serv_dss_searchLE_results.asp
Available counselling services include:
i. Marital counselling/pre-marital counselling
ii. Behavioral Problems/Child Management
iii. Domestic Violence
iv. Financial Difficulties
v. Interpersonal Relationships

Call National FSC Hotline for more details: 1800-8380100

You can call them if you are ready for help.

annie

feel so sad when i read your post...

btw you can tell your mil that you have a friend, yours truly, with 3 members in the family with hole in the heart problem from birth... all arrived in this world naturally. All are still alive and healthy.

Perhaps you want to consider getting a third party as suggested by others. It helps.

Hi Annie,

Like wat amy suggest, mabbe it will be better 4 u to see a counsellor w ur hubby. Communication is veri imp to marriages. I've friends whose marriage fails becoz lack of it...

As 4 keane's med condition, u dun worrie too much k? Coz my bro has it since young but he was still able to join in all sorts of sports n he was healthier than me. hence jus take good care of urself n keanne

Annie, I agree with what they say about seeing a counsellor. But in the meantime, why dun you hire a part-time helper for the housework (if finances allow), so that your energy can be devoted to taking care of Keane.

Hello mummies & Amy,

Thanks for the advises... i do have a childhood buddy whose is also a counsltant.. hmm... useful oni if hb willing to listen and learn from whats the consultant (the 3rd parties suggestion and the given solutions)...

Frankly speaking communications is v v important to everyone (esp e surrounding people).. as well as to listen to whats the other party wants..

Since HB doesnt agree to hire p/t helper, stated that he will help doing houseworks (should save money for future).. Well, I listen.

I tried my part to listen and follow whatever his decisions and ways he wants to be ... by this time, he is clearly know my limit.

As for mil, I tried to understand she adores her 1st grandson keane a lot that made her said out those harsh words..

Hence, i tried to forget after lots of grumble with my friends... after all, she does not stay with us and is old...

Anyway, I have make myself clear to everyone including to my own family that no one can interfer the ways i want to educate or train keane...

As for keane, i do put worry in since i had a hard time expecting him BUT i wont pamper him even through he is my ONLY CHILD.

Fates & Ivy,
Thanks for your concern. i did check with the docs when keane was hospitalised and keane's PD and oso Lilian Lim (another PD in e kids clinic)... keane is fine to partipate in any activities so long the ear has to keep clean and dry (if go swimming)..

Mummies,
Rest assured that i wont make myself suffer any post natal depression... In anytime, i am ready for helps,i will turn to my childhood buddy.

I apologised for causing everyone to put worrys in me. I am really fine after long naggy, complaining and gumbling.. heheh.. i get balance and fine after these.. Paiseh that every1 has to bear my nonsense...

Annie,u dont have to feel paisay. It's good that u share your "problems" with us.The least we can do is listen and mayb share some advise n offer support. Glad that you are feeling better
happy.gif

kk,
my mum also bought the same walker for my son...I like the elephant and duck sitting on the see-saw...kinda sweet...

wow, u bought so many walkers for your girl huh? the one u pose at june thread is diff. one
happy.gif

hi kk,

i oso like tat walker veri much. told my fren to buy tat for her gal. but i oreadi have 2 walkers as a gift on brayden's full mth n put them in my bbsitter n mum place den my place got the exersaucer so no point for mi to get this wan liao. haiz...

kk,
both your walkers have high back cushion...quite good, whr you get them?

By the way, at wat age can we put them into walkers?

Back