(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

Hi bookworm

I'm here to join u
happy.gif

hi bookworm and paradox...

i am due in late may what about you girls? Have chosen my gynea what about you?

<table border=1><tr><td>Name </TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bookworm</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paradox</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lokie</TD><TD>24/5/2006</TD><TD>SC CHEW</TD><TD>MT E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi trying to create a table for easy sharing of information

hi paradox...

how are you doing.... hmmm... you should be about 6 weeks right... any problems like ms?

i just love to burp a lot... hehe at least for now

Hi lokie

Yes, I'm into my 6th week now. What about you? When did you find out that you are expecting?

I'm fine, so far having very sore breasts and have been feeling easily exhausted these few days. Also stomach always churning like having a lot of wind inside.

Is this your first pregnancy?
happy.gif

Hi gals

congrats..
happy.gif

wow lokie, u decided so fast already.
i am having dilemna of hich gynae to choose leh.yap, my first one.

paradox, how abt u?

Hi, this is my 2nd baby, EDD 7 May 06. Also in my 6th week like Paradox
happy.gif
Hving mild ms these few days, didn't experience ms at all in my 1st pregnancy
sad.gif

hi girls, like amie, this is my no 2...

you are so lucky amie, my ms was so bad that I was in hospital on drip... now the thought of going thr it sends shudders down my spin... let's ride it out together> How old is your no 1? Mine ie 1... so 2 years apart...

bookworm, now you know why i decide so quickly... going back to see dr chew as my husband and i adore the old man who is so comforting... hehe

<table border=1><tr><td>Name </TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bookworm</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>Yap</TD><TD>tbc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paradox</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>PW THONG</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>amie</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>tbc </TD></TR><TR><TD>lokie</TD><TD>24-May</TD><TD>SC CHEW</TD><TD>MT E </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi Lokie,

My 1st was born on 28 July 04, 13.5mths now. Also 2yrs apart
happy.gif
My gynae is Dr Heng from EastShore hosp. I delivered by c-section 1st time, so this time I chose c-section again, will choose the delivery date when i get closer to full term.

Hi Laides,

I am from the April 06 thread .. coz previously cannot find May 06 thread...8) ... My EDD is 03 May ...currently in my 7th wks

welcome taurus

amie
oh... i had natural with epidural... quite nice... so will do so again...

no 2 quite unexpected for me as when i was bf menses was haywire and continued to be so... but an happy with this one

Hi lokie, so nice you had natural...
I took the epidural too, but ended up sent for c-section because it was taking too long for me to dilate. My #2 is planned, but didn't expect to hit the jackpot so fast.

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the warm welcome ....8)

Hi bookworm,

Yah, this is my 1st baby ... have yet to decide on the gynae but currently I am seeing the gynae near my hse ... find her quite OK except charges slightly on the high side ...so still deciding whether to stay with her ... been to see her thrice since I found out that I am pregnant and the bills came up to ard S$550 ...

Hi bookworm,

I am currently feeling OK , just came back to work after 3 days MC due to morning sickness .... gynae gave me an injection to break the cycle ... am feeling much better now ....

Oh what kind of MS, vomit ah?
i am having headache leh, i think i stop drinkoing coffee. My head gets heavier as the days drag.
Tired tired

hey, can advise what ind of food to take more and what food to take less.
I heard that no watermelon, pineapple and oranges.
my gynae told me no caffine , raw meat and sashimi

hi bookworm

raw meat and sashimi contains bacteria so cannot take. Sushi with raw meat too esp. salmon as it contains high level of mercury. Caffineis harmful for dev of babies. Anyway, coffee always taste metallic to me in my present stage.

Fruits are to be taken in moderation. not too much as Chinese think that it is too 'liang'

Hi taurus,
If ms too bad can make ginger tea... dont like it add a little sweet potatoe to give it a taste... plus a bit of sugar. but did not work for me the first time round... hope it will work for you

Hi bookworm,

Yah.. vomit, headache, bodyache ,bloated stomach and constipation ....

I same as you ...used to be heavy coffee drinker ... 1 day at least 4 -5 cups of coffee ... so when gynae tell me no coffee...no tea... I almost fainted .... she say the most half a cup ... the trick I use is to use half a sachet of coffee mix with one full glass of water... so the coffee taste very diluted and yucky ... so after a few days ... I got no more craving for coffee and now my headache also no more ....

Hi lokie ,

I did ask my gyane abt taking ginger tea to "release" so stomach wind as I always feel very bloated ...but she say better not as ginger is very heaty and now our body temperature is on the high side and weather also hot ... so she gave me some fibre drink to ease the constipation so stomach dun feel so bloated now ....

As for sashimi ...my gyane says that it still ok but must be from those reputable restuarant to ensure the freshness ... those buffet sashmi is a definite NO NO... but everything in moderation .... alittle bit is ok .... only thing she ask me to avoid is coffee, tea and alcohol

ok, thanks taurus, i am also having constipation.
yap i am cutting the coffee intake so now i drink milo or horlick in the morning. 2 days without coffee already.Headache

lokie, wow, u sure knowlegable. By the way, do drink any soup to strengthen ur body? like black chicken soup in the first trimster

hi lokie, u wanna update ur table. ha, mine is dr douglas ong. anyway pls help add taurus too. Hope there will be more good news coming

Hi gals,

I'm here to join u all too!
happy.gif

My EDD is on 3 May (same as Taurus)and i'm seeing Dr Fong Yang from the Centre for Women &amp; Fertility.
happy.gif

hi sponge, Welcome

have updated as best as i can, when is your edd bookworm?

<table border=1><tr><td>Name </TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Taurus</TD><TD>3-May</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>tbc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sponge </TD><TD>3-May</TD><TD>D. Fong Yang</TD><TD>tbc </TD></TR><TR><TD>Paradox</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr. PW THONG</TD><TD>RH </TD></TR><TR><TD>amie</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>tbc </TD></TR><TR><TD>lokie</TD><TD>24-May</TD><TD>SC CHEW</TD><TD>MT E </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bookworm</TD><TD>tbc</TD><TD>Dr. D. Ong</TD><TD>tbc </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi bookworm,

My mum did brew me herbal chicken soup and I also take chicken essence occassionally.

By the way , just one curious question ... how old r yous har?? Coz I think I am the oldest 1st time mum here

haha.... now getting to the sensitive part... shall i add in our age as well?

bookworm can go chinese physician and ask for what to eat... just nothing with saffron flower...

okay... i am 30 what about you Taurus? I show hand its your turn now...

Hi lokie...

haha ...I am 31 this yr ... so by the time I deliver will be 32 ... abit old for 1st child .... u should be consider just nice ... 31 yr old deliver 2nd child ...

me also 30 years old. By the time will be 31 liao.
what is saffron flower? chrysnthetum tea?
pls keep us updated with ur check up with doc.
happy.gif

lokie,
I duuno when I forgot to ask the doc cos was very concern abt my previous 2m/c last night.
I will be seeing him again for another blood test this friday so i will check with him again.

Hi bookworm,

What 2 M/C last night?

How many blood test did u do so far and for what purpose? So far I onlt did the antenatal blood test.

oh bookworm you had m/c so must take good care this time... saffron flower is a type of spice used in some indian cooking... small and red... makes good taste good. Was warned by Indian friend to avoid that, just like my indian friend told me to take ginger...

will see the doc only next week... his girls still remember me... haha... must be saying that i am super productive...

Oh. Actually i had 2 natural miscarriages before this pregnancy. It came with brown spotting then bleeding.

So when i discovered i was pregnant this time, i change my gynae to this current one. He did a scan, down there, then took blood test for me to confirm, and gave me pills. He wanted to gave an injection but i wasn't prepared. Had to go back to him this friday to take another blood test. and Next monday for the results lor. He was saying that my history was bad so must be extremely cautious. In fact i am very worried cos i miscarriage both times at week 6-7.

By the way, do u all feel tummy cramps/aches often?? Recently i've been having alot of these cramps.. and just ystd night, the cramp was quite severe til i woke up in pain
sad.gif

I've checked with my gynae and he prescribed me with this Ustrogen pill..its used to curb tummy aches and spottings (which i dun have)..so i also dun dare to take the pill leh...scared take already will have spottings....

Advise pls?

bookworm.. must be careful orh. try not to lift any heavy stuff this time round..have plenty of rest..eat well...

take care!

hi sponge

if your gynae gave you should be quite okay right. btw i ate it for my first child he turns out to be fine...

think cramp got to do with the womb trying to accomodate the baby growing in us

bookworm

must relax okay... that will help when you are not too anxious and worried.

some infor about saffron flower
Saffron is believed by some to cause abortion...

"Another source in the Talmud discusses how to make a drink that causes sterility and abortion. The brew consists of Alexandrian Gum, liquid alum and Garden Saffron in equal quantities. (Shabbat 110a) "

www.ashtreepublishing.com/Book_ Childbearing_Year_Herbal_Contraceptives.htm

www.fertilitext.org/p1-101/life_factors.html

Hi bookworm,

OIC .... u better take care and rest more ...

Hi Sponge,

I had bad cramps when I was 4 - 5 weeks pregnant ... recently dun experience the cramp anymore (touch wood) but I think what the doc prescribe should not induce spotting lah ... anyway ... if the cramp is not too bad ... then dun take lor ... but have u dun any scan so far?

Hi gals
Wow....glad to see so many may mtbs
happy.gif

This is my 1st pregnancy...so need lots of advices from the experienced mums.

My gynae has recommended 3 glasses of milk a day. Which brand of milk is good?

Lokie
My EDD is 8 May, not 5 May. Can help to update? Thanks
happy.gif

Hi gals

Congrats on your preg!

I see that some of u have been taking herbal soup. For 1st trimester, it's not advisable to take any herbal stuff. So stay away from them. No ginseng &amp; no dang gui.

Just eat normally and rest well.

Have a smooth 9mths ahead!

Hi gals.

Thanks for the concern. Ya, will try to relax and take it easy. Anyway i was prescibe withDuphaston pills. Today going for another blood test.

3 glasses of milk? Do u gals drink that everyday.

mashy brainz (mashybrainz)
serious? what abt those black chicken soup?

bookworm

yr thread successful hor so fast so many members liao =)

my gyn advise me not to tk dang gui, ginseng and red dates during preggie esp 1st trim....

black chicken soup w/o the above should be fine cos i also drank once then after dat i start to have bad MS then i stopped.

Hi bulma

Nice to see u here
happy.gif

Any advice of wat type of food other than milk we can take to increase our intake of calcium? Can we drink soya milk instead of milk?

hi paradox
cheese, hi calcium bread..... i din drk milk lei i hv been drinking hi calcium soya bean cos i cant tahan milk taste. will mk me puke... later stage, yr gyn will gv u calcium pill to tk also as part of supplement

Back