(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Milk intake
Hmmm...looks like babies have to drink alot of milk. Think mine don't take that much now with 3 meals. Probably max is 500 pluz ml only...

Looking at all the recipes, I starting to think if I really need to do more to cook for bb. Now she just have porridge with all the other stuff throw in. Hmm..can feed tomato already...maybe I should make some tomato pasta for her this weekend...heehee..

Btw, for mince beef and pork, do u all buy meat and grind urself or juz buy ready mince? coz wonder if it's ok juz buy ready mince...

HI <font color="ff6000">Mummies, Pls udate yr prefer days and timings. I will try to arrange them in Mid May Ok?</font>

Kindermusik $25/-
1) Jumbo
2) petite_chose.....Anyday.....Anytime
3) Su
4) Babe

Seimpi $35/-
(pls choose Funan (FN) / Pasir Ris (PS))

1) Su
2) petite_chose.....Anyday.....Anytime....FN &PS
3) jumbo
4) babe
5) petals

Hi <font color="0000ff">Petals</font>, Bienvenue Apr 2006 MTB.
I hv added yr ane inside. Pls update yr prefer days & timminh ok? I will try to arrange in a way that all of us can attend. Will do it after our darlings b'days. (Cos lots of mummies might be busy making arrangement for their party)

<font color="0000ff">Jumbo</font>, you also can try these Pop-up book at Popular Bk stores. Eg. 3 little pigs, Red Riding Hood etc... $2.90 each only. Riz loves to play with the books till he torn away the BIG BAD Wolf.

<font color="ff6000">Peadisure</font>

According to the Abbott nurtitionist, she said that unless bb is under 10kg or not eating well then she will recommend Peadisure eitherwise need not too.

<font color="0000ff">Babe</font>

Accoring to my mom, she said that those minced meat are not the good parts of the pork / chix... They actually added all parts together and minced the meat to sell.

But I nod cold storage @ HarbourFt selling the minced meat are from parts of the chix/ pork. It is indicated. But EX lor!

Riz now nods how to kiss and sayang me or his daddy.
kao_kiss2.gif
But that depends on his mood too. He dad taught him to share his biscuits and he willing to share.

MINCED MEAT

Babe, Petite, I feed Shawn minced pork I bought from NTUC. It's Air Pork from Australia and is minced pork loin. So not mixed, unwanted meat. I also bought Minced beef before from Carrefour... minced tenderloin. Easier to buy minced direct, cos very hard to cut the mea til small small... I think :p

MUSIC CLASS

Petite, when I checked Seimpi class, they don't have the class for our babies' age at Pasir Ris leh. If got, definitely prefer PR
happy.gif
Or it is that the trial class can be conducted at PR, but the actual class must be at Funan?

FORMULA

So not nec to take pediasure.. actually I read that as they take more solids, their milk intake will drop... so, sure we need to give them 600 to 700ml milk?

Petite,
Shawn also know how to sayang sayang already!
happy.gif
he will rest his head on our chest when we asked him to do it... but he wun kiss us regardless of how we try to make him. Sigh. He also share his biscuits with us and attempted to feed us even... sometimes he will put the biscuits in our mouth! but sometimes he will move it close to our mouth first, then proceed to quickly put it in his own mouth! Greedy boy!

Hi ladies,

Help needed. My colleague just gave birth in Feb 07, urgently need to find a bb sitter near Choa Chu Kang Crescent. Anyone has any recommendation? Please pm me. Thanks in advance.

<font color="aa00aa">Su</font>, I did not realise that NTUC selling that. Me going to NTUC tmr, will check out. Does not trust Wet market...

<font color="aa00aa">Jumbo</font>, will check the mamil nite too.

<font color="ff6000">Music Class</font>

I will check with them. Will update again.

<font color="ff6000">Formula</font>

Don't nod leh... Some say as long bb drinks abt 180ml-240ml, 3 feeds a day is enough. Need not base on the 600-700ml guidelines. Some say depends on bb intake. Different bb got diff requirements.

I guess as long bb is active, alert, putting on weigth is ok aridi.

It seems like most of our bb here drinks at the range of 500ml+.

<font color="ff6000">Can I check with all mummies here is it yr bb all the while drinks around 500ml+ or just recently?</font>

Mine use to drink at 700ml+ but now drop to 500ml+.

Thanks Petite for making arrangements. Juz wonder where kindermusik is? Heehee...

Kindermusik $25/-
1) Jumbo
3) Su
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/-

1) Su
3) jumbo
4) babe ...weekends...FN
5) petals

Mine now also about 500ml. Her largest intake is before bed 240ml. Rest of day take about 160ml with cereal in the morning and about 160-180ml for tea break.

Hmmm....think I haven't given much opportunity to my gal to self feed. Most time at my mum's, think she will feed her food and seriously she doesn't snack. Wonder if that is y she still not very good at self feeding such as pick up biscuits and put into her mouth.

Mince meat
Didn't know they specify the mince part....used to buy meat to mince on my own but now rather lazy coz always mince a small portion only.

babe - i usually get the pork uncle to mince for me the type of meat (ex lean meat or yao meat) i want. Usually i will get like 2 bucks only and he is willing to sell. He will cut the pork show me before he minces it.

Tomato - advice remove the seed before u to the tomato paste.

Actually petite, i'm opp u..i dont trust supermarket compare to wet market haha.. Coz' wet market they will show me before they mince it. whereas supermarket i dt kw whether did the pork mix with other kinds of meat etcs. hahaha.. but of coz' they should be ok if like what Su had mentioned on NTUC ones.

Milk - my son drop his milk diet very badly.... from 4 times during the day to 2 times only.. and each time only 5 oz or less.

Su - talking abt rude people. Sad to say some r parents themselves.. but they simple have no sense of polite to others

Petite, i prefer to attend the Seimpi class in FN cos i'm staying in Jurong.. PR kinda far for me...

Kindermusik $25/-
1) Jumbo..... Anyday...Afternoon
3) Su
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/-

1) Su
3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN
5) petals

Smurfy & petite, thanks for helping to look for mamil nite.. went Jurong Point NTUC and Liberty.. all dun have.. sigh..

petite, went to jurong point to look for suitable book for Nix... nvr eye at anything.. Im looking more on big board book so tat he wont tear them apart and put inside their mouth.. sigh..

Good Morning Ladies,

Petite, my choice is as follows - thanks

Kindermusik $25/-
1) Jumbo
3) Su
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/-

1) Su
3) jumbo
4) babe ...weekends...FN
5) petals ... weekends...anytime...FN

Formula
My boy has been drinking 240ml 3 times a day since he's abt 8 mths. however for the past wk or so, he hasn't been able to finish up all his milk. so his daily intake now is abt 600 - 650ml depending on how much is left over. not sure what's wrong but I suspect he could be teething - he currently has 8 teeth. He is having a bit of running nose these 2 days so that could be why he can't drink well too - sigh...it's really tough when our babies fall sick, they get cranky and can't eat/drink/sleep well.

Hi petite,

My choice as follows too:

Kindermusik $25/-
1) Jumbo
3) Su .... weekends
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/-

1) Su .... weekends...FN & PS
3) jumbo
4) babe ...weekends...FN

Thanks!

momyam,
I agree, some parents also very rude.. dunno why. Maybe their children are mistakes, or accidents? :p I know some parents who leave their children with their own parents during weekends, and would hastily return them on sundays as if they are a burden to them. I wonder why these people have children in the first place.. sigh.. probably accidents lah...

alamak petal, u deleted away my choice.. heehee..

Kindermusik $25/-
3) Su
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/-

1) Su
3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN

I am, too, going for holiday... but not as lucky as hunnie going so far.. im going Taipei 4D3N.. I'm not as brave as hunnie to bring nix there..
Going this sat and back on tues.. think my boss will yell at me when he knows i'm taking leave while he is not office.. wahahaha..

pai seh, su..

Kindermusik $25/-
3) Su... weekends
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/-

3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN

<font color="ff6000">Minced Meat</font>

I don't trust the wet market cos they hv minced the meat there for sale aridi. Unless like MoM_Yam pork uncle , he willing to mince to the spot. Anyway I always mince them myself..

Ok, check on NTUC, Yap pork mince meat is stated as 'Minced meat Lean'. But the chix, nothing stated.

As for the Harbourft Cold storage, the minced chix
is stated which part is from.

<font color="0000ff">Jumbo</font>

My this NTUC does not sell Mamil Nite. I try to see if my friend have stock, she got lobang. Let me nod if you are intrested. Will PM you the details.

Remember to go to the 'Ye Shi' at nite in TPE. Lots of nice things to eat & buy there... My Fav hangout...

Hi Petite,

I would also like to join..

Kindermusik $25/-
3) Su... weekends
4) Babe .... weekends
5) Rach.....Weekday..Afternoon

Seimpi $35/-

3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN
6) Rach...Weekday...Afternoon..FN & PS

Thanks!

petal, no problem..
kao_sticktongue.gif

petite, usually for wet market, they will show u the meat before mince.. maybe u can request the uncle to show which part is it lor.. Ya, pm me the details of the mamil nite.. thanks huh..

We are only going for 4D3N.. so short.. u are talking abt shiling nite market huh??? i'm looking forward... where do shop actually?? we will be staying at Santos hotel..

hi, i remember one of you girls here gave birth in the States and stayed a while in the USA with baby... would like to check some stuff...

Ahhh, i think it's su. Su, were you the one who gave birth and resided in the States for a while? Need to ask you a few things. Can you email me? Thanks.

Jumbo,

I found the Mamil Nite in the supermarket at B1 Isetan Scotts. But the tins will expire in Jul 2007. Suggest you don't buy.

I feel that Dumex is pulling Mamil Nite out of the market. Therefore we can't find it anywhere.

And hey, I went to Taipei 2 yrs back and stayed in Santos too
happy.gif
. Remember to visit the hot springs at Beitou, very shiok man..hehee

<font color="ff6000">Music class</font> UPDATE

Kindermusik $25/- Min 11 Max 12bbs, Tenative date: 06May07 SUN, Time: Noon

3) Su... weekends
4) Babe .... weekends

Seimpi $35/- Min 5 Max 8 bbs, Tenative dates: 06May SUN , 26May SAT, Time: bet 3-5pm

3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN

Both of them the classes last for 45mins.

<font color="0000ff">Rach</font> See if you able to make it at those dates?

<font color="0000ff">Su</font> I hv check with Seimpi. Currently there isn't any jumpstart class in Pasir Ris yet. Was told tenative they might hv 1 in Apr. So at the moment all trial class will be at Funan but if you intend to sign up, can start at Pasir Ris. I will join you there too.

Wanted to post earlier this afternoon but motherhood got hang!

Yes is true, Mamil Nite is aridi discont. Have double check with Dumex Office.

Reason: Not many pp buy.

<font color="ff6000">TPE</font>

Yes Shiling and there are few more. But most of the time I will go Tong Hua Jie and Shiling. Take the MRT is faster then taking Taxi during Peak hr. Distance from Shiling tp Tong Hua Jie is 20-30mins by Taxi.

Also can go to Shi Men Ding. Is like the youngters pl.

In Tpe, they are famous for their Pineapple tarts (Huang Li Shu). Can get at the airport before you go back.

wah, seeing some of you chatting about Taiwan, I feel like going to. The last time I went was when I was 17, more than 10 years ago man... Taipei must have changed alot... last time no MRT yet. Went to Shilin Ye Shi and Xi Men Ding too
happy.gif

Petite, smurfy, would you recommend us bringing bb along if we want to go Taiwan? hubby hasn't been there before...

<font color="aa00aa">Su</font>

Should be no prob. Bb coming 1 yrs. There are Mac Donald everywhere... Just Kidding

Now Tpe is almost the same as Sin... Got lots of Shopping Ctr and supermarket... Easy to get food for bb.

Unless you are travelling uphill, then abit more difficult to get drystores.

My husband wants to go back to TPE. The last time he follow me there, it was tyhpoon. Everything close. He so Sad. I also miss the Crispy Chix ( cannot beat Sin) and the long sauages... Yummy!

Got chance shall we organise a tour to TPE too? All APR MTB 2006 outing. I can be the Tour guide for shopping & Eating...

petite, im fine with the dates of the courses.. See u gals soon..

smurfy, faint leh!!! my menses came this morning.. was still thinking to see gynea to delay it.. who knows ganna this morning...
kao_frustrated.gif
still happily thinking of going to hot spring when i am there.. Now, wanna cry liao..
kao_sad.gif
btw, is the hotel good?? My friend, is a travel agents, told me it is 4 stars hotel, alot of jap frequent there.. is there anything interesting around Santos?

u all talking more and more abt TW.. can't wait to fly there.. but cant bear to be apart with nix for few days... nvr seperate from him for so long.. sigh..

Anyway, thanks for all mummies who are helping me to look for mamil nite for the past few days.. i managed to get 1 from Boon Lay Shopping Centre NTUC last nite... yet to try as Nix was already slept when i reached home.. will try it out tonite..

Seimpi $35/- Min 5 Max 8 bbs, Tenative dates: 06May SUN , 26May SAT, Time: bet 3-5pm

3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN
7) Jas ........ weekends... anytime FN & PS

Hi Petite, the dates and timing for the classes are fine for me, thanks so much for organising this. Much appreciated!
happy.gif

BABY PARTY MOMMMIESSSSSSSSS

everything has been settled. Since now we have 14 mommies, babies and 1 dad.

They have given me A ROOM and a helper in the room. so those w/o helper mommies no worries they are very helpful to help you up.

They will be mopping and clean up the area, therefore, since most of our babies are still crawling stage now, i would suggest that all of us remove our shoes and put them in one corner so the babies have the freedom to crawl in clean place.

Judge confirmed already will be the globetrotters boss and there will be presents given to winners.

i will be there by 12pm onwards to do the decor.. so those mommies that are free and feel free to come down to help. if cant is ok coz' the pple there has promise me to help me out.

Those who feel like joining us.. PLEASE DO.. we look forward to more babies interacting with each other.

Oh before i forget there is a very very nice nursery room in united sq.. so those who r still BF need not to worry.. u will be feeling very cosy there too
happy.gif

Jumbo, I went Taiwan for 8 days last Dec with Keith. Quite ok leh...there is SOGO there and their nursing room is big big one ok! The baby room inside still got a counter that sell baby stuff. I sling him for the whole trip and was quite easy.

I enjoyed it very much...ya..shilin market has very nice nice food and they are cheap too. when u at xi meng ding..must eat the mee sua...very shiok...before I left for airport, still tabao back and eat in the coach...hahaha...dont go to the wrong stall...there is one stall with long long queue. the queue moves very fast!
For hotspring, I oso din get to enjoy coz AF visited me during the trip.
sad.gif

Anyway, have an enjoyable & save trip!

Momyam,
I confirm cannot apply leave for this event liao coz got to attend a full day meeting. Remember to post some photos here hor
happy.gif
I wish all babies a Very happy 1st Birthday! *muack* *muack* & many hugs from Keith gor gor and auntie ET

mom_yam.. i try to be there early to help out.. can i suggest to put on socks, just like wat we did at Gymboree, it will be much cleaner.. pai seh if i'm too troublesome..

Looking forward for the event..havent find the hawaii theme clothes for nix leh.. no time to source for it leh.. sigh..

3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN
8) Des.............weekend...afternoon FN

Su,
For me, I wouldn't bring my bb anywhere cos i still cannot handle him alone
sad.gif

Jumbo,
What petite said is very true the Crispy Chix (at shilin) sure cannot beat Sg. We went to different night markets everyday. Each night market have its own speciality. But if i go again I will give Ximending a miss cos the things there are really expensive.

You may also like to visit Wu Fen Pu (alot of wholesalers for clothes but they also sell indiv pcs)and Yu Ren Ma Tou. Basically Taipei is quite easy to get around, we never need to take a taxi anywhere and you will be amazed at how the taiwanese queue up at the MRT station.

ya, its a pity you cannot go hot springs.

eh, since Mamil night discontinued already why do you still want to try on Nix? Next time you might not get anymore.

ET, no courage to bring bb there leh... yesterday my mum and sis brought him to shop for clothes for my bro's wedding dinner.. and they complained to me that he refused to sit in the pram.. the pram is for him to sleep only.. hahaha.. i have told them before the usage of the pram.. keke.. imagine with nix weight now.. carrying him the whole day will kill me.. wahahahah

smurfy, is santos near any nite market?? Shiling is included in our city tour.. dunno which nite market to go..

Jumbo,

Keith oso refuse to sit on the pram, the most is 10-15mins. I sling him most of the time if I go shopping. I remembered once I sling him almost the whole day when I go shopping with my bro...wow..that night I weigh myself...lost 1kg leh....good way to lose weight lah....but very very xiong!

Jumbo,
I don't remember that Santos is near any night market that is within walking distance but santos is near to one of the MRT stations, so quite convenient.

Oh ya, and I don't feel tat santos is a 4* hotel, its more like a 3* here. the walls are quite thin so can hear pple walking on the corridor and pple closing door etc..

winky, very tiring leh.. somemore Nix's reaching 11kg.. like carrying a bag of 10kg rice walking around.. wahahaha

smurfy, really huh.. hmm.. see how lor.. already book it liao.. sigh..

btw, anyone used tampon before?? is it true tat with tampon, we can go to the pool?? tot of trying of having fear..anyone can share ur experience?

3) jumbo....Anyday....FN
4) babe ...weekends...FN
8) Des.............weekend...afternoon FN

Ok. Now we hv abt 8 mummies w bbs to join...
If there are more mummies still wants to join, pls do so. Pls list yr name in the contact above. (Will put under the reserve slot if there is any vancanies, I will let you nod)

No worries abt the planning of this music class. me at hm 'Zho Bo mah'

<font color="0000ff">Babe</font> I will take note..

Jumbo,

Yes, it wont leak out if it is at the right place. I tried b4 but not comfy loh..maybe lack of practice. Maybe is a good idea to use tampon if u really want to go for the hotspring.
happy.gif

hi petite,

wonder can add my girl into:-

Kindermusik $25/- Min 11 Max 12bbs, Tenative date: 06May07 SUN, Time: Noon

3) Su... weekends
4) Babe .... weekends
6) Reiner.... weekends, noon

btw, how to make payment? when going to class or need to pay in advance?

jumbo, my sis said that the fishball and crispy chix in dan-shui is really good. i think dan-shui is the last station on one of the mrt lines. i remember the desserts in shiling were quite good. i just ate lots of nonsense when i was there. for shopping, i remember breezeway was not too bad. but i was there quite a few years back. info may be outdated. i am sure got lots of new stuff.

wow so many bb going for classes liao...

petite... what time is the Kindermusic class on sunday? i have church until abt 11.30am... not sure can rush down in time... if can will like to join....

Wow... mom_yam... thanks so much for your efforts in organizing this... so good... really looking forward to the bash liao...

but like jumbo, have not found any suitable clothes for ezra yet... will have to try harder...

ET, right place?? how to know it is at right place?

mad bride, will take note all the places u have mentioned.. wanna spend my time wisely cos it is kinda short.. sigh..

Hi <font color="0000ff">Leereiner</font> Sure can join too. All are welcome We stil got to find abt 12bbs first then can book for the day.

If I am rite, yr hotel should be nearer to Shiling market... Will check out and let you nod again...

Back