(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Tracy,
Ds will flip himself behind when he wanted to throw his temper and he has knocked himself really hard onto the floor once.

It seems that he has not learn his lesson yet. He tried to flip himself behind today during bathing, lucky I was holding on to him.

Tracy

I try to brush her teeth twice a day.. but sometimes I even forget to brush once a day.. bad mummy...

My girl has been knocking her head against her cot, she will jump while standing on the cot, and sometimes lose balance, she will then knock her head at the sides, or knock her chin or face against the railings, 2 big blue blacks.. I also do not know how to handle her when she starts walking.. think all items in the house will have to go 1 level higher as she loves to grab our things and throw it on the floor

Re: Throw tantrum

My girl tried to grab the hot bowl of water which I used to warm up her porridge yesterday, I then scolded her and she cried.. she kept showing me black face after that.. and kept observing my expression and expect me to entertain her and make her smile again.. cannot tahan

RE: What food to bring for baby while on holiday

Quite a headache on what food to prepare for my girl while on holiday to maldives next month... ladies, any inputs? Intend to bring a slow cooker there to cook her porridge but there seems to be limited types of ingredients that I can bring over there... dont wish to feed her too much jar food too and she doesnt take cereal anymore

Hi Mom_Yam, Petite, Matthias has ezcema on his face and the doctor prescibe cream that has 1% steroid in it. I dun quite like it, so i was thinking whether anyone else has any other solution.

daphne,
not sure if helps.. but XT got some ezcema few months back n we constantly wipe her face n hands with warm cloth and it helped a bit.

BTW, my PD suggested to get some mosizturer cream for her as well n we got one which was recommended by her to be baby safe. Let u noe the brand after I check at home tonight.

daphne

You may try using the california baby calendula cream on matthias.. my friend's son has it and it works very well on him... you may purchase it from the BPs, or from the Organic Paradise.. can be located ag cuppage plaza

I do have ezcema since young, and it is due to allergy to certain suttfs.. for eg.. I am actually allergic to my dog, thus the eczema..

{green}hunniepot, So nice to go to Male. I miss there too. I remember the last time I was there I was 2mths pregnant.
rofl.gif

I still think you better bring yr slow cooker or do you hv a 'hot pot'. There isn't much things there for a baby to eat. So better cook for her.

Furthermore, food there are all in US$. Can be quite ex. You also can cook some food for yrself while you are there.

Eitherwise, you can try Pigeon ready porridge. Just heat up and can eat aridi.

<font color="119911">Daphne</font>, The moisturizer by the PD that Koalarie mentioned I think is Cetaphil. This even adult can use. My PD also gave to my bb.

If you don't want to use the steriod cream, try using calamine lotion. Put a little will do.

If yr bb sleep in aircon rm, got to put moisturizer on bb.

Always keep yr bb cool, don't let her wear any wool clothing.

As for me, I hv chronic eczema. Comes and stay with me for 5 yrs then it when off. Few years later, it comes back to visit me again.

So I am very careful with Riz intake of food. There are certain that he must hold back till 1yrs old. Eg. peanuts, Citrus fruits, choc, peas/ beans, cow's products, corn, berries, shellfish, fish, onions, tomatoes.

Actually Pork and wheat products also. But I started him at 7mths plus. Hopefully he won't be like me.

<font color="ff6000">Talk</font>
There is a talk in KK hospital on 10 Mar 2006 (Sat 1330- 1730hrs) on allergy, Ezcema and music to babies. Anybody interested to go? I will be going.

<font color="ff6000">babysafe-babyfair</font>
Babysafe offering 25-35% off on their products. But not too sure abt the mattress

Hi Petite, Too Bad! 10 march, i cannot make it as my HB's cousing getting married. It's a wedding lunch.

I've already got the GAIA moisturiser for him, but everytime i apply, his face becomes redder. But still, i'll try to get Cetaphil. Maybe switch and see wat reaction. Thanks gals.

Hi petite,

Yeah lor.. think there isnt anything much for baby to eat there.. my bro also told me to bring mineral water there for baby.. try not to use the water there.. the pigeon porridge.. gave it to my girl and she looked so disgusted when she took the 1st mouthful.. sigh.. am thinking of bringing the slow cooker there:

1. slow cooker
2. fruits (apple, banana)
3. sweet potato, carrots
4. food jars??

BTW, what is a hot pot? Do you remember what type of plug they use?

Regretted booking a holiday at a beach resort.. our 2nd choice is Perth actually, at least I know the place well, know where to buy the stuffs

Really at a loss of what to bring... need help!

Talk about being overseas when preggie, I was 3 months preggie when I was in Bali, just 1 week before the 2nd bombings... scary

Daphne,

I have extra calendula cream if ytou want.. got it from the BP, think costs about $15? (cant remember liao) let me know if you will like to get it to try on Matthais?

I have the GAIA soothing cream as well, dont find it useful at all..

Hi momyam,

To change the level of the carseat, you will have to flip the car seat over. There is a hook that hooks the belts to the tightening belt, unhook that, unthread the belt and change the levels, then hook it back. I'm using Britax, but it should be the same for most car seat models. Hope that help! So glad for you that you are taking the safety of your child more seriously
happy.gif

Hi mommies,

Am wondering if any of you have already ordered your child's 1st birthday cake? Not too sure which bakery makes delicious and nice-looking cakes.. don't want a cake that looks nice only but doesn't taste fab... any recommendations??

Hunniepot,

I think cereal is the most convenient for travelling. Try to introduce to Amanda again. So by the time you leave Spore, she might get used to it again. Otherwise, quite headache.

Petite thing,
is the talk mainly for babies or for children that are other ages? My cousin's daughter who is 3 yrs old, has very bad ezcema too. Maybe I can get her to go.

Su,
I'm looking for birthday cake too. Saw some nice design at this website. Yet to order. I order my girl's 1 mth old cake from them. Overall, ok. You might want to check them out.

http://www.ecreative.com.sg/cakes_products.asp?SID=14

hey Su & tracy,

ecreative cakes are not too bad, been ordering from them for church events... me know of this very unique pastry shop along Middle rd... near to the famous bean curd shops... may try their cakes for ezra's 1st birthday...

Baby skin...
actually ezra has some sensitive skin when he was much younger, used many cream but did not help much... MIL used hazeline snow cream & works good for him... but tends to dry his skin when recovered... so i started him on CB cream... so far so good..

su, i have ordered cake from ecreative and the cake finished!! i have 2kg cake and most of them give compliment on it. Had ordered chocolate sponge with blueberry filling.. It is yummy!!!

hunnie, can try those grinded brown rice, add in fish and vege and can just cook over flame, very fast one, dun have to bring slow cooker. Maybe can order mashed potatoes with no seasoning when dine together with u.. or anything soft than suits baby... shouldn't be much problem..

Nixon's weight 10.6kg and standing at 76cm tall when he is 1 year old... luckily not overweight like hubby and me.. wahahah

Cheona
Thks. Heheh..yep, e air con is blowing directly at Ivec but bobian cos we installed e air con at e wrong place :p As our room is small, his cot can only be placed there..so we avoid switching on e air con..at most is on to cool e room & will switch off after that, I always cannot tahan sleeping in air con, definitely blked nose & wake up in e middle of the nights.

Hi Daphne,

Shawn had very bad skin when we were in Arizona because it was very dry. I've used CB and it didn't help him much. It got better when I used Mustela. He's still using Mustela now even though his skin improves drastically since coming back home.

on birthday cakes, yah, I am thinking can try ecreative, although it's pretty ex to get the 3-D cakes... 3kg for $180!!? But I guess for first birthday, can be excessive abit lah ;)

Tracy
Managed to save Ivec from a lot of falls..he will swing himself after pulling himself up to a standing position, always thinking tt there ground is a soft landing..heheh..must teach him a lesson then he will realise there is no ready save ground always.

RE: Eczema
I also suffer from eczema..& it gets worse after my pregnancy :p had to see a doctor to take some prescribed medication to control it..even applying creams like calendula cream also dun really help me. Sigh..& they said most children will outgrow this but doesnt seems to apply for me :p

Shylyn,
Your symptom is like mine. Last time I also got block nose and dry throat when sleep in air-con room. After we start using humidifier, no more problem. I actually prefers to sleep w/o air-con but my hubby is one that cannot stand hot - when I feel cold, it's the right temperature for him, when I feel alright, he's perspiring liao. Also our room very stuffy (no wind) at night even when we open all the windows and door plus fan. If we sleep w/o air-con, in the middle of the night, my hubby sure buay tahan and will get up to on the air-con.

As a suggestion, can use a fabric to drape over the cot so that the air-con will not blow directly on him and program air-con fan control to low.

<font color="119911">Hunniepot</font>, I think they use 2 pin plug. Can't really remember. Play save bring international plug. "Hot pot" is like the army pot just that they comes with a hot stove to cook the food. Can try to buy from Mustafa or does shop that deal with camping stuffs. Brand: Sanyo $99.00.

Yes I agree with you. Aust are much easlier to buy foods and cook them. They also hv lots of organic foods.

<font color="119911">Tracy</font>, They only mention from childhood. So I guess yap 3 yrs old also included.

Here are the topics:

10 March 2007
KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Event : Parenting Talk : Caring for Your Child Exposure to Music & ABCs of Common Allergies
Time : 2 to 5.30 pm (Pre-registration starts @ 1.30pm)
Venue : Auditorium (Training Centre), Level 1, Womens Tower
Audience : Public
Registration Fee : $8 KKJC Members / KKH Staff, $10 Public
Organiser: Patient Education Centre
Description : Parenting Talk : Caring for Your Child Exposure to Music & ABCs of Common Allergies

Topics
The Allergic March - From Food Allergy, Eczema, Asthma to Allergic Rhinitis
* Childhood Allergies Has Strong Genetic Links
* Four Common Allergies in Children & Their Close Relationship
* Practical Steps on Allergen Avoidance & Allergy Treatment

Dr Liew Woei Kang - Associate Consultant
Allergy, Immunology and Rheumatology Paediatric Medicine
KK Womens and Childrens Hospital

Parental Role in Bringing Music to Their Children
* Music Growth of Prenatal Preschool Years
* Parental Role in Bringing Music to Their Children
* The Effect of Music on The Intellectual Development
* What Is An Effective Music Education

Ms Flora Lim Director / Principal
Seimpi School of Music

<font color="119911">Shylyn</font>, looks like yr eczema is like mine. There is this doc at Kerta Ayer is very good. When to see him the last time I got it. Gave the cream, got well. Just when back to him again. Better than does creams given by GP.

<font color="ff0000">BIG BLUNDER MUMMY</font>:

Today I used a used milk bottle (afternoon milk) to feed Riz his milk this evening. Did not wash that bottle and teat. Just rinse with tap H20. Now I can't sleep. Scare his gets food posioning, vommiting, etc...
kao_scared.gif
uhoh.gif
. He also having slight running nose today too.

hunniepot,
have you try mixing cereal and rusk biscuit? Ds do not like cereal too, but when I mix in the biscuit, he can finish everything. And it is easy to bring outside to feed him too.

I an thinking of ordering a 3d elmo cake from ecreative too. Hmmm...still thinking if I should go ahead.

Hi tracy,

Thanks for the advise, went to buy frisocreme for Amanda last night and luckily she doesnt mind taking it..

Maraquan,

What cereal do you give your boy? Amanda rejects all types of HT cereal now, think she is sick of it.. will clench her mouth everytime I feed her that.. will try your method too.. thanks!

petite

Thanks for your advice.. hmm... just monitor him and see how? Believe that he should be ok...

jumbo

How did you celebrate Nix's birthday? Can share with us? Amanda is next in the list after Keith, and I havent got anything planned out.. bringing her on a holiday with us is somewhat like our own celebration for her but guess we will have to plan something with the family as well...

Will try the grounded brown rice as you mentioned..
happy.gif
Was pretty stressed over this as we really wish to bring her on a holiday with us, thought that we might have to go without her due to the food issue.. wish that I can just simply latch her on all the way like in the past..

<font color="119911">hunniepot</font>,
When are you leaving for Male? Which airlines? Also which hotel you will be staying? See I hv any details to help you with.

Btw, when you reach to Male, the plane does not connect direct to the airport. You will need to come dw the stairs from the plane and walk to the airport. Not v far, but suggest try not to carry too heavy things on board.

The airport is very small, after you hv clear the customs, with x-ray check, you will find yr hotel / resort pp waiting for you outside eitherwise there will be booth of hotels name for you to enquire.

You will hv to take a boat to yr hotel / resort. Bring sour plum if you afraid of seasick.

Most of the resorts / hotel there accept US$. Some also accept SIN$.

Yes, bring yr Mineral H20 for yr family. My husband remember v well that a can of coke cost US$3.00. He just can't forget abt it.
lol.gif

Don't worry abt what to bring. Stay happy and enjoy yrself there. I nos there hv lots of fishes, so bring alot alot of bread so that all of you can feed the fishes.

Hi, Daphne

Re:Ezcema
Josh have since 1st month till 6month. Now, he still have little bit of ezcema around his ear folds.

I tried a lot of steriod creams, from mild ones to strong ones ie. 1% hydrocorteriod to betamethosone, to metamemtosone (spelling is something like that)

I also tried moisturizer like Calendula cream, cetaphil, physiogel.

In the end, it is physiogel that suits Josh the most.

Frankly speaking, i have some knowledge in those ingredients that is added to product we used, thus steriod is something essential for your bb if they REALLY needs it.

Meaning, apply sparingly it when it is RED, STOP it when it subsided and after an hour , always apply lots lots of moisturizer as steriod drys the skin.

Ezcema is mainly dry sensitive skin, thus, applying steriod helps to stop the redness to prevent the skin from deterioting and eventually gets into wet peely skin which can be very painful.

While the moisturizer helps to maintain the skin moist at all times.

Im am very hardworking, i do it like whole body and face after 3hrs,or every wash, or every bath.

He used to have it at his front body, back, ear folds arm folds and now it gone.

Daphne, i do have two calendula cream which i can sell to you to let you try.

I tried from cetaphil (1 bottle) to calendula cream (2 small tubs)to physiogel cream.

Just let me know if you want
happy.gif

Hi petite,

Thanks for your advice! Really appreciate it
happy.gif
I will be leaving on the 12th of March.. is the boat ride long? Cos am scared my girl might not be able to take it and is it safe? Cos read that a speedboat will be used to ferry the visitors there..

Wah.. goodness.. USD3 for a can of coke? Daylight robbery.. think I better bring more of my own drinks there...

hunnie,

u can try HT cereals with mashed bananas or apple/other fruit purees. it makes the cereal more appetising. That's how I con my boy into eating his cereal every morning.

u can buy a travel pot under the brand Rommelbacher (can find in Best Denki, Tangs, Taka). it's much more portable than a slow cooker (which is heavy and breakable), and u can be sure the voltage can match cos it's for travelling purpose. but it's pretty ex, slightly more than $100.

i got some suggestions on the food to bring to Male to cook - carrot and sweet potato like u've mentioned, together with dried anchovies or dried sardines pound into powder form. i buy my Japanese dried sardines from Meidi-ya supermarket, $10.50 for a 100g pack. Toast them in a toaster, then pound them into powder to be added to the porridge for extra calcium boost, and give the porridge more flavour.

ecreative cakes
yes, they are good cos i ordered them for my boy's 1st mth, and the sponge cakes and ang ku kuay turn out delicious. will use them again for his 1st birthday.

anyone already planning a birthday party for our soon-to-be ONE YR OLD little darlings? most likely we'll keep his birthday party a small one, with his grandparents and a few close relatives and their family. too big a party = hb & i will be burnt out
sad.gif

oh yah, hunniepot, u can also bring some hardy green veg like broccoli and also tomatoes, cos they travel well, can go without refridgeration for a couple of hrs.

momyam

the super baby food book mentions feeding an 8mth old baby dessicated (dried, powdered) liver, so i guess shd be ok for our 10mth olds bah.... ensure that it is thoroughly cooked and eaten in moderation.

i'm running out of ideas to make my boy's porridge more interesting.... same old wu yu everyday, occasionally chicken. maybe shd try a little liver, and see how he likes it.

tanwawas,

Thanks for your suggestions! Where are the meidi-ya supermarts located? Interesting.. never heard of dried sardines b4..

Conned my girl with the puree and fruits mixed with cereal liao... think she got sick of being conned so she is refusing to eat that as well...

Thanks for the info on the travel pot.. will go check it out
happy.gif

As for the toasting of the dried anchovies and sardines, how do you know when to stop toasting them? Cos they can get burnt easily?

RE: birthday parties

I do not intend to hold a big birthday bash as well.. was thinking since it is her birthday, will hold it within a small and cosy environment.. so that we can pay more attention on her instead of on the guests

RE: birthday parties,
I think my boy party will be a big one. First grandson on my husband side leh, his grandparents & great grandma sure want it to be a big event. Lucky only hold a buffet at their place.

hunniepot,
I brought Heinz cereal for him. I have stop buying cereal already, they are left over. I only feed him with cereal mix with biscuit when I am super lazy.

mom_yam,
I give my boy liver since he was 9 month old. Fresh liver from the supermarket.

mom_yam,
Chicken liver is better. Just throw the whole liver in to cook and mash when serving. Nice, fine texture. For pork liver, even after tok tok tok, cooked texture is coarse, not so nice. unless u don't intend to serve the liver, just to extract the nutrient into the porridge.

tanwawas,
how well does the travel pot cook porridge? to get nice porridge, the heat must be slow and cook for at least 2 hours. Slow cooker does the job very well. Will the travel pot you recommend be suitable for slow cooking / stewing?

<font color="ff6000">Birthday party</font>: I am planning a big one for my boy... Can't help it. Both side of parents got lots of relatives and my husband's friends are plenty. Headache ah!

<font color="119911">Hunniepot</font>, Flt time to Male is abt 4hrs 25 mins. Boat ride all depends on which island you are going to. Mine boat hv aircon. Reach there at nite, depart at nite so can't really see anything. But did enjoy the breeze at the boat.

Not too sure which airline you travelling with, but with SQ, you can ask the stewardess to keep yr home foods in the fridge for you till landing. They hv more then enough fridge to do that.

Also remember to order her special meals:- 'Post-weaning meal' and some bb jars food for her to eat thru SQ reservation. You can call them now to book her special meals. In case reservation said only either 1 meal can be order, just tell them yr bb is a fussy eater, in case she reject the post-weaning meal, she still hv jar foods to eat. Do remember to double check with them again at least 48hrs that yr special meals are been catered on board for both ways.

You can also ask the stewardess if thay hv any more bb jar food for you to bring dw.

PS: post-weaning food are like mashed foods: potato, scramble eggs, spinach etc...

<font color="0000ff">1st yr old Birthday party</font>
Hey mommies, I m having white hair to organize the event.
Can share some ideas that u've.
What cake'd u be ordering n where? What's the price?

NSCRR chalets are all fully booked on the weekends we want. N also the functions n seminar rooms at Safra Toa Payoh too.

Mom-yam,
can share what's the cost of booking the function room for the birthday bash event at Gallary Hotel?

<font color="0000ff">1st yr old Birthday party</font>
By the way, any of you have to celebrate or hold the birthday events twice? One at ur mom's place n the other at hb's place?
BTW, bb dunno how to blow candles n so parents help on behalf, is k huh?

ladies, thanks for the advice. Jolie, i'm still on GAIA and his skin's getting better. Now able to see white skin peeling. Except that the redness of his face follows the room temperature. When it is very warm, his 2 cheeks machim like 2 rosy cheeks. When he is in super air-con room, his cheeks back to normal colour. And i have not been applying the steriod cream. Nowadays i use tea water to cleanse his face, then slap mosturiser on top. This tea water was recommended by the medical hall pple. Seems to be pretty effective. Otherwise this mummy very stressed.

Hi petite,

Noted, yup.. will be taking SQ
happy.gif
Will give them a call then.. thanks for the advise!

RE: Porridge

What else do you ladies add into the porridge besides the following:

fish
sweet potato
pumpkin
spinach
potatoes
carrots
liver

Really running out of ideas already.. even I feel sian seeing the same ingredients day in day out

hunnie
706330.jpg
706331.jpg

attached are the pics of the dried sardine packaging, and the powdered form. i toast them for abt 5 min, and that's when the nice aroma starts to waft out from the toaster. no need too long, otherwise will get chow tar. then pound them in the mortar pounder that our mums always use to pound chilli. rem to wash & disinfect the pounder with hot water cos our babies will eat the pounded sardine powder directly, and must ensure that the pounder is clean.

chenoa
the travel pot works on electricity, so i guess can leave it on for a couple of hrs like u would a slow cooker. i don't have it, but was contemplating buying it when i brought my boy to thailand late last yr. in the end, didn't buy it and we fed him cereal with mashed fruits thru'out the trip. it's like an army pot, but made with better metal, and it's for travelling.

i've found the link to the product: http://www.rommelsbacher.de/en/getInfoEinProdukt.asp?auswahl=RK%20501/SU

petite
were u an air stewardess? i kaypoh lah
happy.gif

hunnie

i add on to the list:
fish
sweet potato
pumpkin
spinach
potatoes
carrots
liver
tofu
broccoli
cai xin
egg yolk (extracted from boiled whole egg)
chicken thigh

i need some ideas too! even I'm getting bored cooking the same old thing!

RIZ FELL DW from my bed again This time got a big 'bar loo koo' on his forehead. He cry non-stop. Dare not tell his daddy. Scare he scold me. This is his 3rd fall aridi. Got to monitor him another 48hrs. Ah ya!
kao_cry.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Hunniepot</font>, no prob at all.

hey dahpne not sure if you want to try hazeline snowy cream... it was very effective for my DS when he was 2 mths with super rosy checks!! also recommanded by those anuties in medical halls... keep it cool in fridge, brings much comfort to DS...

RE: waking up numerous times a night

Anyone facing this problem lately? My girl used to be able to sleep thru the night from 2 mths to about 9 mths old.. and nowadays she started waking up about 4 times a night, crying and wanting to latch on... very very tiring.. not sure if it is cos she is uncomfrotable, or really hungry.. or feeling insecure

Hunnie, Babycare Festival starts this Friday at Suntec.

Petite, I understand how u feel. Since we're SAHMs, our babies are always with us, and the chance of minor accidents occurring while they are in our care are much greater than other ppl. Dun worry, a bit knock here there is part of growing up. My boy has a bah loo koo on his forehead too. As long as they remain active, and appetite no change, no fever, shd be alright.

Shylyn,

My Enya actually fell and knocked her head. Cry like nobody business. After 10min, she is there standing at the coffee table again. Dun think they will remember that they fall. Quite difficult to "teach" them a lesson at this age. I guess we just have to be careful.

Petite thing,
My Enya fell from bed a few times too. There was once she fell in the night and luckily I put mattress below. Me woke up cannot find bb. Found her sleeping under the bed! From then on, we are more careful now.

For Nixon's 1st birthday party, we have invited 50+ guests to Chevron chalet. We have catered buffet from Gim Tim and bbq. Cake ordered from ecreative. Get mostly ang pow.. for his present.. still wrapped, will unwrap one by one.. when he sick of certain toy then unwrap another one for him..

it was very tiring cos have to "entertain" different group.. rush in and out fetching food for guests.. and nix "glued" to me so much when he didn't see my mum.. and hubby washed up all utentils till 1.30am... And next day, found bed bugs bite on Nixon's forehead.. 8 bites altogether.. now recovering but see the mark on his forehead still heart pain..

Back