(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Hi all!

I managed to get in touch with this person who teaches parents how to use flash cards to teach our babies. He was featured on one of the March issues of lian he zao bao. He was telling me he can hold a class of up to 5 people, and it will be $10 per person (he only takes in $50 per session lasting 45 minutes) We can choose to continue the lesson if we want to, based on a needs basis.. anyone intested? Can hold the class at one of our homes... He can teach flash cards, in English, Chinese, Maths (red dots).. etc

hunniepot, thanks. He will be using his flashcards or our flashcards? Does that means that all mummies must be using the same type of flashcards?

apple, he will be teaching parents on how to use the flashcards... it is impossible for him to teach our babies everything.. he stressed that he will be coaching us on how to teach our babies.. you can use your own or you can purchase it from him... can get him to explain to you more in details when you speak to him
happy.gif

Ok, so far, those who are interested:

1. hunniepot (Toa Payoh)
2. 1sttimemum (Boon Keng)
3. Rach (Tampines)
4. daphne (Woodlands?)
5. jumbo (Jurong west - you mentioned that you were interested?)

So far, got 5 of us already.. think the most central place is my house leh... I can offer my place but do the rest of you ladies have other suggestions?

Morning ladies..

Raining day.. =(

Any of ur bbs got rashes breakout on face huh??

Xuanting was having rashes last night. Used lukewarm water to wipe and the rashes "died" down a bit. but happened again ard 4am. Juz now still a bit red.

mui66,

i scared of investing on Ameda after I tot Medela mini-electric will do its job. It's like Medela costs $129 for single n yet, noisy n couldn't get any flows of bm. It's like another $150+ n I'll b able 2 get Amede so.. think straight away invest in something similar to the one used in hospitals lo.

Daphne,
U onz..
Staying near ur mom's place? Ur aunt helping u at nite??

Dun understand.. ur aunt is ur relative?

I give my mom hse allowance too... now with her looking after XT, gave her another $300 n on top of tat, whatever travelling expenditure she wants, I pay lo. Such as bringing XT to Yu Guo.

Hi Hunniepot,

I'm interested also leh. If got space, pls let me know
happy.gif
I got no problem going to your place at Toa Payoh 'cos my in-laws stay there.
happy.gif

Cheers~

Kolarie, ameda seriously not bad. A lot of mums use already comment v good. I selling my set purchased on 22 May 2006 as I latching most of time. In excellent condition. So still got alot of warranty 10+ mth. Bought for $300. PM ur offer if interested.

Gals I also interested in the flash card course. Me stay novena.

Babe,
Got enuf suction or not?? I scared already after making so much preparations for bf'g.

N furthermore, now already at work.. even if want to try to go back on bf'g unless boss really supportive.. but probably get something portable type such as the PIS advanced.

preciousbabe

Can can no problem.. no restriction on size of the class
happy.gif
Haha,.. reduce cost
happy.gif
Ok, the teacher is available on 15th July (day time) and 16th July (evening at 7 pm).. can you gals make it?

6-in 1 jab
Ladies, my gal has a red bump with white pus where the jab was. Is this normal?

hi miu66
My gal had the 6 in 1 2 weeks ago. She developed slight fever for a day. Give her a little bt more water. I oso use the fever pad for her forehead to soothe her. she was not cranky at that time.
happy.gif

hunniepot,

i prefer 15th day if possible..cos usually sun is my family day..pai seh..dun mind to go ur place..though no very famoiar wf toa payoh..will figure my way there..

hi,

i am fr the may thread. Think some mummies went to Yu Guo Chinese Physician Acupunture & Physiotherapy Pte Ltd for bb massage before.
Can share the experience with me? My bb is 7 weeks old and is always having a lot of wind in his stomach so i am thinking of bringing him down...

Hi Ivy
Saw ur posting on it.. paiseh. didn't reply there.

I went n still m bringing my gal there /w my mom's help.

Brought her two weeks ago becoz my gal getting a bit colic n dun want to rely on gripe water or anticolic medication given by PD. On top of tat, she's having a bit like constipation prob. Want to fart and poo during feeds but could not and will cry and refused the bottle a while though she's hungry.

So, seeing her like tat, I xing tong lo n start reading n finding out on tix. Then read tat bb massage is good and read abt Yu Guo's tui na n so decided 2 give it a try.

Went 1st time was good, the chinese physician was Dr Xu n recommended tat she comes back 2 more times for tui na in that week.

Guess what.

My gal didn't poo for 4 days already! And tix affects her milk intake.

After the 1st massage, she pooed after an hour to two reaching home.

Her poo was like our adult's one.. not even like japanese curry which she used to ve.

So, decided to diligently bring her there again even though I ve to paste additional 2 more OPC coupons to drive her there (I own a OPC and can only drive after 7pm on weekdays).

There was improvements lo.

So, today is second week since she went. My mom helps me take care of her n so helps me to bring her on last Monday and wanted to go today again (but rained in the mornings).

Probably 2morrow going.

Anyway, quite a lot of children and bbs there. From some mommies, weekensd are even more crowded. That's y i've not been there over weekends.

Hope the information helps.

Anyway,

if any of u noe of anywhere got tui na lessons, please share..

I dun mind go learn.

Think it's really useful n helpful for the bbs.

evon,

(Brought her two weeks ago becoz my gal getting a bit colic n dun want to rely on gripe water or anticolic medication given by PD. On top of tat, she's having a bit like constipation prob. Want to fart and poo during feeds but could not and will cry and refused the bottle a while though she's hungry. )----This is exactly what my boi is going through now!! Did the sinseh say any reason why? I am thinking of gog tmrw as well. Heard that must go super early...

Ivy
my mom juz called.. becoz rain stopped and so was the other side no rain n so she bringing her now.. =p

Dr Xu said she saw some bbs drinking bm oso like tat.. think's the amt of calcium intake n all bbs different n so may ve prob asborbing it.. she introduces to us karihome goat milk.. (I saw b4 at supermarkets but hesitant to change. My PD said since XT's stools re still soft; shouldn't b milk powder prob but rather her system issue??)

Anyway, got help.. so far, she poo quite constantly every 2 days and not so fussy now... except for her injection on Fri. But Monday, the other Doc, think is Doc Ng from my mom's description, gave her barley powder n some powder to mix into boiled water for her to drink and so far fever has gone and she's drinking quite well.

Wah's ur bb drinking now?

I oso heard tat muz go super early. in fact the tui na lady whom I met twice last week, told us if weekends, muz come by 8.30am to queue to get number though they open at 9am.

So far, I've been there two hours before closure n the queue was k except Monday late morning where my mom said she waited quite a while.

evon,

bb is on bm in day time and Mamex at nite..he is pooing every day but still got wind in stomach everyday...sigh...

Kolarie, the suction is good. I usually dun on to max when I express...Heeheee...Ameda also qutie portable ah...juz like the mini electric..If u want to be compact can get the the cooler bag from agent for $80..heehee...

Today so nice to sleep..but I was trying to figure how to connect and reduce the size of the movie clip I took of my gal. Wanan post on my blog but far too big..arghh..still not found a solution to the size.

Hi All ,

just to check with those mummies give birth via epidural c section , u will choose a date n go for epidural c section rite , then admitted that day , do u all still put on make up and go hospital ? then reach hospital then wash off make up ? cos during epidural c section , not allow to wear make up n nail polish all those issit ? pls provide me more info =p

thank so much !

hunniepot, if sat & sun evening 7pm, i cannot make it lor cause i usually bring BB home this timing. include me in if the session is changed to weekday. i got no problem if session at your place.

evon, my aunt = my father's sister.
happy.gif

she's staying with my mum currently. My mum and her both takes care of my BB. Dun noe how to reimburse her leh.

Daphne
I see.
How re treating both ladies meal every week or get some makan stuff when u go see ur bb? =p
Quite tough huh... I oso dunno how le.. if my mil got help, think my sil will go down from changi to help too.. but now my mom.. so no need.

babe,
really huh? I dunno how long b4 i can establish bm again ..... hmmmm.... dunno how.. one thing for sure, if i tell my boss, think he's k as his wife juz gave birth too... n he quite reasonable so long i do my job.

Kolarie, tell ur bos bm good for bb. Not so easy fall sick..at least mine haven't..heard breast can train one..takes 3 days to c effect from wat I heard from LC. She asks me pump 20 min immediately after feeding to totally empty breasts.

Today going for 5 in 1 jab. Sure praying bb takes it well. First jab at 1 mth hep B she cried so loud..whole clinic look at us. So pai se..

heehee.. babe. thx.

Really huh? Ur gal like tat? Mine wailed a while for her 1st jab at PD's clinic. The 5-in-1, I told her to take it as ant's bite n really she juz shaked a moment (thinking she really thinks is ant on her butt) after Pd jab in the 5-in-1.

Heehee.

Cute huh??

babe

you can try nursing her while the doc gives the jab. that's what my PD asked me to do, to provide more comfort for the baby. in the end, she didn't cry, only started fussing cos she didn't want to suckle hahaha...

koalarie
this is quite helpful is you are intending to start nursing baby again
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/index.html
i think you might want to read the part about 'relactation'.

Hi all, heres the list:

1. hunniepot - 15th (sat) & 16th (sun)
2. 1sttimemum - 15th
3. Rach - 15th
4. daphne - weekdays only
5. jumbo - 15th & 16th
6. jasminetea - 15th & 16th
7. preciousbabe - 15th & 16th
8. babe - ??

Daphne, weekend afternoon ok with you?

Ok, seems like most of us can make it on the 15th.. What time do you gals prefer? Afternoon, after lunch say 3 pm? Need to confirm the timing with the instructor too

Dear mummies... would like to check any of u feeding bb wif Enfalac A+? Do u follow the chart like 1 scoop of powder to 1 oz of water? I've been feeding bb m girl 4 1/2 oz of water wif 2 1/2 scoop of powder. oso don knw where i got tis mesurement from... n oso tis 2days, my girls milk smell abit fishy to me. As i don take note of the smell previously, isit spoilt?

Yukie,
My bb is on enfalac a+ for one of his feed but dun have that fishy smell like what you say leh.. chaeck the expiry date?? As what i know, 1 scoope is = to 30ml water so my bb now on 110ml, i put 3 1/2 scoope liao so guess yours abit too dilute leh.

Back