Let me try to recap my birth story
20th March
11:30 am: 1 cm dilated.. Admitted into maternity ward cos of decreased fetal movement.. gynae suggested to induce
Gynae checked my cervix and commented it is very high up and thick.. did a cervix stretch (the pain is much worse than labour pain itself!)
11:45 am: 1st tablet inserted - didnt feel much pain initially
8 pm: Nurses checked and only 1.5 cm dilated. Inserted 2nd pill. The contractions came in.. getting stronger and more painful
21st March
7:45 am: Gynae came to check. Cervix still dilated at only 1.5 cm. Inserted 3rd pill.. and did cervix stretch again (screamed as he did it)
3 pm: Gynae came in and cervix finally dilated to 3 cm. Was overjoyed.. as I thought that I have a good chance of experiencing vaginal birth
Was put on the drip.. insisted on no epidural.. used laughing gas
6 pm: Cannot tahan the pain anymore.. asked for epi.. (sorry to the gung ho mothers.. thought I could be the first to go w/o epi.. but the pain is unbearable esp in induced labour)
6:45 pm: Epi administed.. instant relief
11:30 pm: 5 cm dilated after 8 hours in labour ward.. Gynae came in and commented that bb's heart rate is decelerating with each contraction.. had no choice but to go for emergency c-section otherwise bb's life in danger
11:57 pm: My darling is born! Unfortunately I could not witness her birth as I was put to light sleep on epi and morphine..
Saw her for the first time.. she was crying away.. and she immediately stopped crying after I called out her name