(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Irene,

If the contraction is not on regular basis, it is a sort of fake contraction also. But then got to start taking notice as it will become more and more regular until the time for labour to come.

So if you got this sign like me, got to start to monitor it
happy.gif


Hope you are better today.
 


hunniepot, u deserved a good rest. u r a strong gal. your bb's very cute. now you can take your camera and start taking many beautiful pixs of her.

irene, hope u had a good rest yesterday.
 
Thanks gals for your compliments
happy.gif
My bb is a night owl.. she slept the whole day yesterday.. and woke us up at 1 am.. and refused to go to sleep till 6+ am .. did all we could.. change diapers.. feed her.. burped her.. check her temperature.. and all she wanted to do is to be held in our arms.. very tired..

cheona

The latch on is ok.. pediatrician said feeding is good.. but had to supplement her with FM yesterday.. cos I had sore and bleeding nipples..

Managed to capture her with eyes open:

392281.jpg
 
For those of you who are intending to do TBF.. it will be a good idea to pack nipple cream into the hospital bag.. my nipples are so sore and painful just after the first day.. (my bb really suckles very hard and also due to incorrect latch on at the beginning)
 
Hunni,
stop posting her photos!!! Me really wanna pinch her cheeks leh. LOL How big is she at birth huh? So, she takes after you or hubby?

Jumbo,
time for you to update Nixon's photo....1st month already!
bounce.gif
 
hunniepot,
heeheee...must be quite tiring for u and hb since Amanda is a night owl. But remember hor, don't always carry her otherwise she will become used to it. Even my mummy says she's cute!!

Re: Bean sprouts pillow
Just an update for those who ordered the pillows, I've just contacted Celyn yesterday to ask her when she's delivering the pillows and she told me from this coming Monday onwards. So ladies, if u receive the pillows, do let me know so that I can keep track and chase after her
happy.gif
 
For mummies who havn't stock up diapers...hee...went to suntec carrefour yesterday and they have mini baby fair going on. Promotion going on for diapers like Mammy Poko, Pampers etc. It's a good buy so if u ladies have nothing to do, can drop by to take a look
happy.gif
 
Any of u ve found herself having hair dropping though not given birth yet?

Since i ve my haircut short, i see lots of short hair everywhere leh.... ahhh
 
thanks everyone...
went for my checkup today and gynae did a GBS swap test also... cervix is not open yet.. bb's head not engaged yet also.. but is going downward... she lying on her side now.. meaning her spine is on my left side.. which will make delivery easier...
she weighs 3kg at 36 weeks now... i din really put on weight.. the most 0.6kg only.. so all weight goes to bb...
check the water level and placenta.. everything is fine...
 
Evon,
no......"STOP" kekekeke ....the more I see her face, the more I wanna sayang her..... so mummies, better not tempt me with such lovely baby photos....
biggrin.gif


*"D but-a-then, of course, keep those photos coming lah!
 
Hunniepot,

beautiful baby you have there. Job well done. You are indeed a brave mummy. I wonder how I would react when it is my turn.
 
Congrats Hunnipot! BB Amanda is so adorable! All your pain & hard work is paid off :D were u askd to purchase pix of BB during the hospital stay by some photographers?
 
chenoa,
om..om... =p

BB face muz ve so much meat on the cheeks then cute ma... u too'd soon ve one really lovely bb 2 sayang too... = )

Re: Young Coconut
Yesterday nite took young coconut n was fine at nite.. guess it is the timing to take.

392370.gif
 
RE: Bird Nest and Young Coconut

Recently seems like a lot of aunties seem very keen to talk/chat with me though I nv met or talked with them b4.. just passersby.

They shared a lot of their experiences /w me.

For young coconut, the aunties mentioned that it is only good for us but not for bbs.. so muz only take in moderation n not too often.

For bird's nest, said better to take those self-made ones as those in bottled ones a lot of things added. They oso said 2 take in moderation as bird's nest taken too much 'd make bb ve phlegm.
392373.gif
 
I agree with Koalarie. I have stop taking bird nest since 3 weeks ago. As for the young coconut, my mum refuse to let me take. So I wonder whether I should take without letting her know.
 
My col told me young coconut can somehow "cleanse" the BB when delivered, ie not too bloody but if takn too reg, will cause early delivery..
 
I need some help here.... and its urgent!!
My washing machine just breakdown and i used it less than 2 years..... do you gals know any good repair man that do servicing for such problem?? Or anyone got good lobang where to get a cheaper washing machine if i am looking at GE or Thomson front loader???

Still have lots of things not wash..... just cannot imagine!!!!
 
hi ladies

hunniepot yr baby very cute
happy.gif


re bird's nest. so far i took only twice, and seperated by few weeks in between. thot of taking one more time before baby comes. after that dunno when then can take again

1sttimemum, sorry dunno any repair man, but mine also just broke down 2 weeks ago. last week just got the agent to come and fix. if u want cheaper machine, what i found was that if u check the model u want at those big electrical store and check the price. then go to those HDB store and order, they normally get the same model for u at a cheaper price.

just went to Dr this morning. baby is already 3kg (today 36 weeks + 5 days). wa.. sounds big. BUT she's still head up!!!!! aiyoh!
sad.gif
hopefully by next week she will turn or else Dr will do ECV on her
 
How are u gals coping with the weather? After the heavy rain, the leaves on the trees stay motionless & it's so humid. I hate tis sticky feeling, esp near confinement period. My 1st gal was born in April too & dat time, after taking shower it's the same sticky feeling..the aircon was on at nite but I got rashes as a result...sigh....it's gonna affect my mood I bet...how to enjoy hot tonic soup
sad.gif
I've been drinking water with ice if not ice cream, noe it's bad for BB but can't find other ways to cool myself down. Working in office & Hospital stay for the 1st few days are the best..kekeke..
Evon, u r mntioning abt hair fall prob even when ur hair is oredi short, cld it be shampoo prob? maybe can look for mild shampoo for daily use. Me xperienced bad hair fall prob the 4th mth onwards after giving birth.
392451.gif
 
1sttimemum,

Do you know roughtly what's the problem with your machine? 'cos certain parts spoil will be very expensive to repair, like the bearings ...so might as well purchase a new one.

My mum's machine broke down a few weeks ago and she looked up the newspaper classified. She described the problem to him and he told her the approximate charges to repair. My mum is quite sure of the problem 'cos our previous machine also died the same way. In the end, she purchased another machine 'cos it's not worth it to repair.

If you are not sure and need him to come and see, think it's about $50 for the trip....market rate.
 
chenoa,
Haiz, like what you say lor, my machine said to be beyond repair and if want to repair than it will cost more than $200 so my hubby say buy new one and just now we went to buy liao.... bought a LG 6.5kg want with extended 2 yrs warranty cost me $389. Actually looking at 7kg and above but hubby say too big and not necessary so buy 6.5kg wan liao!!! Will deliver tomorrow so at least still got time to wash something...... thanks gals for your help!!!
 
Hi Hunniepot

So good to finally c ur bb's pic. After we'hv discussing in this forum for so many months, finally she's born. It's so amazing, isn't it?

Rest Well.
happy.gif
 
1sttimemum,
True...good decision.

But how come only 2 years spoil? Our 1st washing machine was an Ariston, it served us for more than 13 years (with repairs). 2nd machine is an Elba, about 8 years of usage (minor repair) before declared dead ......Now 3rd machine is Maytag.
 
Hmm.....

Got most of the things settled liao.....dunno what else to buy ...... anyone bought any interesting things recently?
 
what sort of interesting things??? =p

Re: washing machine
my dad said actually it'd b good 2 wash clothes every day or 2 depending on the load of the clothes.. but dun load the washing machine of more than half its main load as the drum may get spoil ever easier.
 
Juzmaine,
dun think it's shampoo prob... coz been using even b4 pregnant.. but then, b4 pregnant i was prone to hair dropping then during pregnancy ard 4th mth, i noticed my hair roots more firm n thus wont drop that easily...

Yet suddenly after hair cut short, i seem 2 c hairs ard the hse n toilet.. =(

So.... after giving birth, think more hair'd drop. = (
 
Good morning Ladies,
happy.gif


I have been taking 1 coconut per week since week 33. So far, no "side" effect.

My friend's wife, a nurse in the maternity ward dept advised to start taking 2 weeks before day due. But I find it nowadays very difficult to predict when you will due leh, so decided to start earlier.

The lady at Fu Hua told me can continue to take bird's nest during confinement. And I agreed with Evon that it is definitely better to take those you boil yourself rather than the bottled type.

Evon, I think quite common to lose more hair at this stage. Maybe after your pregnancy, you might not lose as much, it depends lah. So don't worry
happy.gif
 
RE: Coconut
I thought it's alright to take in moderation as it's cooling and esp during this time, whereby our bodies are getting hotter with our little bbs inside our bodies..tt's why need something to cool it down as well. However, for me, i cannot take a lot cos my stomach always churn after i drink coconut drink..any idea whether eating the coconut is alright?

RE: Hair drop
Yup..seldom c my hair falling all over like what it did in the past..think becos of the pregnancy hormones, the hair is more resistent...tt's why after giving birth, there'll seem to be more hair drop cos unlike now, hair is more resistent.
 
Morning ladies.

Thanks, Jasminetea.. hope so too. =p

Shylyn,
The chinese physician i was seeing, told me not to take any cooling stuff during pregnancy. This includes the qi cao shui n barley as well. At later part of the pregnancy, his wife ever told me to take a bit of durian.. =p But I dun dare to swallow the meat down.. =p
 
Hi ladies,

I took coconut once last week and won't be taking it till later. I heard can only take it from 36th week onwards.. and the most once per week. It is super cooling for the darling in our tummy. May cause cramps in him/her if drink too much.

Bird nest also need to be in moderation as may cause phlegm and asthma in bb. Not only cooling but it also contains some feathers in them which we may not be able to see with our naked eyes. I have stopped my intake of bird nest already. Just finished the last round 2 weeks ago and dun intend to buy anymore.
 
Koalarie
Oh dear..& I hv been taking bird's nest (packaging ones) once every few days..dunno whether my bb can tahan a not..plus coconut drink as well..hee..but on the other hand, i also took quite a lot of durians recently..hee..so should b balance lah
 
Hi KK, me told my col I've been drinking bottled birdnest & she says she encourage freshly-made ones but said try not to buy now due to bird flu..sounds logical?
Anyone has gum bleeding prob? Mine got bad now dat I'm into my 34 wks, can feel like the gum is detaching from my tooth anytime....I took 2 tablets of calcium daily leh
 
Hi Juzmaine,

My mum bought for me fresh bird nest. Hmmm, i heard bottled birdnest contains sugar so not encouraged. And maybe not as good quality of fresh ones? So i never take bottled ones.

Haha, i also read from other thread that due to bird flu, bird nest not encouraged too. But anyway i stopped my intake liao.

I dun have gum bleeding problem. My only problem is i fell down on my knees in my 6th mth or so and till now my knee has not recovered yet
sad.gif
I heard that preggies have loose joints. I dunno when i will recover
sad.gif
Climbing up and down the stairs will feel the ache
sad.gif
Moreover, i dun take calcium pills at all.
 
Hi evon, i think the hair drop is due to hormonal changes. Quite common and especially when our hair is short. not to worry lah.

Re: Coconut, Durians and Bird Nest
My take is as long as it is moderate, should be fine. I had my coconut yesterday afternoon and durian last nite and i'm feeling okay 2day. Actually was a little bit apprehensive about the durian becos my bb already 3.1 kg at 38 weeks, scared bb may grow bigger, afterwards difficult labor
happy.gif
but durian's my 1st love and cannot resist.
 
kk, we should take more calcium supplements during our pregnancy as our bb takes away all these from our body. Other than calcium pills, you can also take powder milk and cheese etc.
This is more so when we bf our bbs. That's what the nurses at the clinic advised me.

Yesterday, when i went to visit my granny at the hospital, the nurse remarked that my stomache is still quite high, so unlikely to give birth so soon. She said that when bb coming out, we will notice that our stomache is lower. It's a good hint to knowing whether our bb is engaged or not.
 
Juzmaine,
tat's what my MIL said two months back on the bird's flu incident since the nest is formed using the swallow's saliva and swallow are migratory birds. So far, it seems like the bird nest price has dropped .. according to her.

daphne,
hope so... it's hormones changes.

I've been having weird feelings that bb b coming ard wk36th (sometime next week). Dunno y. Even hb was having dreams last nite seeing me delivery.. n he talking 2 bb. ???
 
Hi Daphne,

I can feel my stomachache pretty high too! Seems like bloated on top, and flat at belly botton area. Anyway going to 34th week, and dun wanna my bb to come out so soon.

Yup, been taking lots of soya bean milk, milk, and other products rich in calcium
happy.gif
 
Hi kk,

it is quite true that the stomach will become very low when you are abt to give birth. I saw 1 lady at the clinic that her stomach is so low like it is going to drop off anytime.
 
Hi Tracy,

Ya! My colleague too, who just gave birth end feb. She was carrying her tummy really low before she gave birth. My students told me that her tummy seemed to drop off anytime haha..
 
Hi all

Re: Lowering of tummy

My bb was already engaged when I saw my gynae on Monday (the day I got admitted into hospital) but my stomach was still pretty high.. maybe cos my cervix is too high up I guess

Re: coconut drink

Perhaps it varies from individual to individual.. I took coconut every week from 33 weeks onwards.. and no issues at all.. unfortunately I do not know whether my bb was 'clean' when she popped.. as I was asleep during the c-section.. but she looks very clean to me in the OT.. only traces of vernix covering..

My gynae kept advising me to take chicken essence.. during pregnancy and even after labour.. he saw a few bottles of it at my bed side and opened one for me to drink

Re: calcium supplements

Dont know whether it is cos I kept drinking anlene when I was preggie.. and took alot of cheese.. my bb is pretty tough for a newborn.. esp her neck (not as fragile as other newborns I have seen).. moreover she can already turn on her own when sleeping in the cot..
 
Hi Hunnipot! How hv u been coping with BB & confinement so far? Do u sleep in aircon rm? Did u shed alot of kg after delivery? How abt massaging? When do u intend to go for it? How's lil' princess? hehehe, sorry for bombarding u wif so many qns ;p
 
Hi Juzmaine

Hehe.. BB is ok so far.. been staggering the hours in looking after her between myself, hb and my mum.. she sleeps in the daytime so we try to sleep when she sleeps...

To answer cheona's qns.. most people say that she takes after me.. and comparing my bb foto and hers.. quite similar
happy.gif
She also looks pretty much like my brother when he was a baby.. Moreover she keeps frowning and sucking her fingers.. very much like me hehe.. the only thing she takes after my hb is his blood group..

Confinement.. hmm.. didnt follow much of the rules.. only eat the confinement food prepared by my mum.. and my hb got very worried when our part-time maid told me I shouldnt be doing alot of things like drink cold water, shower.. etc.. so he is getting more strict with me now.. no air-con.. only ceiling fan.. now my hb doesnt allow the fan to be blown directly at me...

Didnt dare to weigh myself yet.. another 2 weeks time
happy.gif


Thought cannot go for massaging after c-section right? Did you have post-natal massage after you delivered your gal?
 


Wow, great to hear frm u Hunnie
happy.gif

Me booked th lady but last min cancelled 3 yrs ago cos my rmmate told me on the day I was admitted her sister-in-law went on her 2nd week after c-sect & suffer frm internal bleeding. dat's Y I'm hoping there are cases where e'rythg goes fine, then I'll hv th courage to go for it again. My gynae told me her patient got wound open during her 8th mth (which is 1% possibility only) and hv to deliver on the very day. All these abt wounds are scarring me & me getting nervous as day draw closer cos me getting groin & pte part ache whenever I walk, seems too heavy liao......
 

Back
Top